PDA

View Full Version : Matching T-shirts question

Disneydynomite
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
We will be going, a group of 11 in May and I'd like to do a day or two of matching shirts, something for everyone. I am having a hard time finding how to go about doing this for 11. Zazzle's web site is expensive, so that option is out. Any good web sites for inexpensive transfers and such.

How about where is a good place to buy in bulk, but with different sizes?

We are 6 girls and 5 guys.

Strmchsr
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Have you tried the Disney shopping website? I know they have personalizable Disney shirts.

CleveSJM
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
The Disney Outlet section of disneyshopping.com usually has some cheap shirts available. Usually some of the "uglier" versions... Makes them good to stand out in a crowd. Last October they had these funky logo shirts in Orange. It was perfect for MNSCHP.

We also use the iron-on ink jet transfers to customize the shirts. Works great!

King Triton
03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
One cheap way to do it is go to a craft store (like Michael's or AC Moore) and get matching shirts for about $3-$4 each. Then you can do some kind of craft project or let everyone paint their own, etc.

Similar shirts are a great way to keep an eye on your group...

Buttercup
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
We just bought matching t-shirts at Wal Mart, and then got 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of iron-on transfers from Staples.
My sister and I designed our "logo" in Adobe Photoshop, but if you don't have that program, you could do just as good of a job in Microsoft Word (just by inserting a picture and typing the words you want).
* TIP: You have to print out your pictures/lettering in reverse, so when you iron them on, the letters are all facing the right way. So when you're done creating your picture in MS Word, hit "PRINT SCREEN" on your keyboard, and then "PASTE" in Microsoft Paint (that comes standard with Windows so you'd have it on your computer). You can then reverse the picture so it all comes out properly on the printer.

MUCH cheaper than doing them through a company, and you get to customize them as much as you like!

stitch34
03-07-2007, 07:30 PM
We have done this 2 different ways. One trip, we had the disney personalized shirts. On a separate trip we all wore the same colored shirt without anything else on it. The idea of making your own shirts would be a cheaper way or if you aren't that creative you can do what we did....we all wore bright yellow and even though we were all in a different style of shirt(some t-shirts and tank tops) it made for great group pictures.:thumbsup:

DisneyCrazyET
03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
We bought all the same color t-shirts at Wal-Mart and drew Mickey shaped circles on them with glow-in-the-dark fabric paint and glitter fabric paint.(there were 11 of us)

sainter
03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
We have done the matching shirts thing in several ways. Buy the shirts as suggested at a Hobby lobby or other large craft store, or on clearance at a WalMart. Use fabric paint for some accents or use ink jet transfers (you can find all sorts of Disney pics on line) or buy the iron on embroidered characters. They do make for neat pictures too!!

Sunshine1010
03-10-2007, 04:53 AM
I just bought matching disney t-shirts from disneyshopping.com (I think) and they were cheap. I got to pick a font, the character, the color, the design....everything.

WDWFanatic
03-12-2007, 11:28 AM
We've gone with a group of 16 twice and I say "GO FOR IT!!" We had so much fun on our dressed alike days. The pictures are AWESOME and the attention from cast memebers was so much fun.

We bought shirts from Disney on-line and we made our own (iron on transfers). We made a party out of making our shirts which was also a blast. We also did iron's for the back.

We also did this for one of our days at Universal and the response was even greater than at Disney (I don't think they see it as much).

Another advantage of matching shirts was it made it so much easier to find our group.

Have a blast!!!

vamaggie
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I would also put a vote for the craft store tees. They come in lots of sizes and are fairly cheap (esp if the store has a coupon in the local paper like Michael's usually does) I would say pick an unusual color that will stand out but not be too hard for one gender to wear (I'm a fan of the neon pink but think the guys would veto that!:blush: ) Have a "pre-Disney" decorating party to get into the spirit (and possibly rein in some who may need decorating help or control) ENJOY

Disneydynomite
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the tips. I am having a hard time finding disney iron on transfers. Any suggestions?

floogen6
03-14-2007, 03:35 PM
We just did the matching tshirts for our gaggle of six (at the time) we let each of the kids pick out a color for their day of choosing which park to go to...it worked great for family photos

WDWFanatic
03-22-2007, 04:19 PM
We have a software program called Disney Print Creations that we used. My kids also use it all the time to make cards. We've had it a long time so I'm not sure if they still sell it.

If you can find it it's a fun program.

Good Luck, let us know what you come up with!