PDA

View Full Version : Hard time making reservations?

Sharon1026
03-06-2007, 10:06 PM
How many of you have challenges making reservations?

Can DVC sell contracts to an unlimited number of people or is there a cap? I just wonder if they will keep selling and selling points until it gets to where people have difficulty making reservations.:down:

Just curious... thanks for your input!:surfing:

Tinkermom
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
First...

:welcome: to Intercot!:mickey:

Now for your questions...

It is illegal for companies to sell more than they have in inventory. DVC can only sell the number of room nights that they have. The only DVC units for sale right now are the ones currently being built (Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas). All of the others are sold out (unless you buy re-sale).

As far as your question as to whether we have had problems getting a reservation, no we have never had a problem getting a reservation. We usually travel in March (Spring Break) and in June. Both of these times are high attendance times for Disneyworld. We usually try to call either 11 months out if using our home resort or at 7 months out if staying at one of the other DVC resorts (not our home resort). I have been able to get in though as little as 6 weeks out for Spring Break. We are pretty flexible with where we stay also. Sure, we try for our #1 choice (usually get it) but if it is not available then we will try a different resort. We LOVE every one of the DVC resorts. Each has it's own special charm.:thumbsup:

Donald A
03-06-2007, 10:39 PM
You may want to consider that your points are attributed to a piece of real estate. It is not like the government printing more money with no gold to back it up. When Disney assigns you points it also assigns you a deed. I actually own like .335% of building #?A at SSR. It may be very true a large resort like Saratoga Springs may be easier to make a reservation for than somewhere like the Beach Club. It may also become harder to get a reservation outside of your home resort but I would hope you would never have a problem booking in the 7-11 month window at your home resort assuming it is not Christmas week or something. Also remember prime times like Christmas use a huge number of points compared to the value season.

DVC2004
03-07-2007, 08:09 AM
I have never had a hard time making ressies- even with two weeks notice during December. I've been put on the waitlist once but got what I wanted. Never any problems with Disney.

Maleficent's Dad
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by a "hard time." The most difficulty I've ever had was this past Saturday - I was on hold for 30 minutes (common to wait for half an hour on Saturdays - the only weekend day that the Guest Services phone lines are open!). But after my wait, I got exactly what I wanted! :thumbsup:

Sharon1026
03-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I should have been more specific. I meant do you have a difficult time acquiring the dates and resorts that you desire when you call for a reservation.

Pretty much - everyone's answered that. We are still on the fence for joining. I did a monetary analysis on this that made an argument against dvc, however, depending on how/when you use your points it can be financially beneficial...

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences!

mook3y
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
so far, nothing but great experiences making reservations. Last night, our friends informed us that the dates we had picked for a 2 family trip wasnt going to work for them. I called this morning and had about a 15 minute wait.

We were able to change to the new dates (1 month earlier WOOT!!! :party: :mickey: ) lol. AND were able to get right into Beach Club instead of SSR. :fworks:

GAN
03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Just booked 3 studios @ BWV during F&W at the 7-month window -No Problem.

FireMickey
03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Tried to book a studio at BWV or BCV yesterday for Oct. No luck. Only SSR and OKW seem to be open. :(

Barb_A
03-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Tried to book a studio at BWV or BCV yesterday for Oct. No luck. Only SSR and OKW seem to be open. :(

I made reservations a week or so ago and got the majority of my dates for BCV ... but was waitlisted for a couple days on either end.

Oct is the Food and Wine festival in Epcot .. which is probably why BWV and BCV is filled and the others aren't. They did mention that OKW and VWL had all the dates open that i was targeting ...

rhodymom
03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I have a question about being "waitlisted" What happens if you are waitlisted for the last day or two of your trip and never get off the waitlist?? Do you have to pay cash for the room or move resorts??

We are just looking into buying DVC. So thanks for the help.