PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm here for a convention!" solo trip report.

tron80
03-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Ok,so I've just got back yesterday from the world...I'm quite tired,but let me tell you,I had a blast. Touring Walt Disney World alone is incredible. Some of the highlights:I've met people from all over planet Earth,lines were a dull roar on the week I stayed(except in MGM last Saturday, I did Tower of Terror a lot though :thumbsup: ), I recevied a "dream",talked to a turtle,saw a cheerleader fall..real bad, and I had a great time(make that an AWESOME time) in the 'Ohana character breakfast.

Now..I've stayed in Coronado Springs from 2/26 to 3/04. This is now my favorite Disney resort(I've stayed in the All Star Sports back in 1999 with my family). Since it is a convention resort,I was suprised that many people DO NOT go to the parks,they go to Downtown Disney instead,and it shows for the buses. Speaking of buses,I was also suprised I was the only one sitting or standing on a bus stop sometimes. The other moderate buses,especially for Port Orleans, were so crowded it's not even funny.Heck,the buses to the All Star resorts and Pop Century were not that crowded. The deluxe resort buses make 1 or two stops...so yeah,if anybody is going to the world alone or a couple soon please consider strongly on where you wanna stay. Oh yeah,if you do not like seeing people in business suits and all this convention stuff bothers you,this resort is not for you.

So now for Coronado Springs..I loved it,the pepper market was delish,cast members were incredible,I got a room on the Casitas section with a view of Everest(yes!)and oh yeah, did I mention that the buses ran with few people or completely empty?

Now for the in room TV programming...sigh...I love that Stacy,after a busy day at the parks I tune in and let it loop. She's got some of the best quotes:

"Look at all the lazy people in the lazy river."
"In the name of all that rocks..let's hit it dude."
"It's like they took the Himalayas and DROPPED them in Florida."
"That's interesting...there doesn't seem to be any track!"
"Are you dizzy yet?"

I wish I met her,that would be a "dream" come true indeed. Well,that's it for this thread, I'll keep posting on the things I did during that week. Boy,I am tired right now..I'll never do those stairs at Blizzard Beach in a long time.

ChipnDaleGal
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I am glad to hear that you had such a great trip. Sounds like you really fell in love with Coronado Springs. It is a pretty resort. Coming home tored is a great sign that you had a fun trip! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Goofeygal
03-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I went to WDW solo this past oct. and like you I just loved it. Coming and going and seeing what you want, it was wonderful.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
glad you had a good time.

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Sounds like you managed to have a great trip in between all your convention activities.

(One of these days I hope to get to a meeting at WDW that I don't have to organize, so that I can sneak off and do park stuff too!)

tron80
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Sounds like you managed to have a great trip in between all your convention activities.

(One of these days I hope to get to a meeting at WDW that I don't have to organize, so that I can sneak off and do park stuff too!)

Hate to break it to you,but guess what? I was not on or in a convention,however towards the end of my trip most of the attendees had some time to relax(I met a couple who after 3 days of nonstop business stuff,they were going to Epcot for the first time). So yeah even if you are on business you can have a great time here.

faline
03-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you really enjoyed your solo visit and your stay at Coronado Springs! I agree! This is a great resort!

pdrlkr
03-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Jennib
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I did Disney once alone when a family member attended a conference and I LOVED it!!! I had so much fun especially people watching!!!

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2007, 01:51 AM
I have never stayed at Coronado Springs but you make it sound good:mickey: I'm glad you were off to a good start. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

DizNee143
04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
glad you had such a great time and found a resort that you love!! cant wait to hear all about the rest of the trip!! :mickey:

pogo
04-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Great impression's of CS. :thumbsup:

I gotta read more. :D

poeticeclipse
04-11-2007, 01:01 PM
love your trip report thus far. I'm off to read more......;)

magicman
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
It sounds to me like you fell in love with three things:
(1) CS
(2) CS Bus Service
(3) STACY!!!;)

Although I'm still not sure if I could do a solo trip, your trip seemed very enjoyable. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you & your trip.

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Cool!
Love CSR! :thumbsup:

larrybob
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the report!