PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Follow the Green Bunny

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

alpro2
03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
All the sprinkler systems are set up and I personally gave Scott and Alex the task of hooking up to the water supply.

Hmmmph...now where do I put this end in again? :confused:

There are no peacocks in here, are there? :(
No....just a bunch of peabrains! ;)

drummerboy
03-21-2007, 09:04 PM
How did I get in here?
Did I make a wrong turn again? :nono:
You turned left at Just Exclamations!

Am I having more of those nasty senior moments?
We'd tell you if we could remember.

Anybody got any spare jellybeans?

Or perhaps a :beer: ?
We have plenty of spare Peeps and cookies. Will they do?

I believe that was adequately answered by Alex.

Christine
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm home...or at least to what's left of it! I do appreciate the pool though, nice touch!!

Even though you were naughty little house-sitters, I brought everyone back some goodies! I have one suitcase left to unpack...I should get to it tonight, so keep an eye out!

Can I post a joke? I have a real knee slapper!

Three women coming home from a shopping trip die in a car wreck.
They arrive at the gates of heaven, and are greeted by St. Peter.
He welcomes them, and tells them that there is only one rule in heaven...don't step on any of the ducks!
Lo and behold, the ladies enter heaven & there are ducks everywhere, as far as the eye can see.

They walk carefully, but in no time one of the ladies steps on a duck. St. Peter arrives and with him is the ugliest man they have ever seen. He chains the ugly man to the woman and says that as punishment for stepping on a duck, she will remain chained to him for eternity. He nods and walks away.

The two ladies proceed cautiously, but in no time a second lady steps on a duck. St. Peter comes back and has with him an even more hideously ugly man and a chain. He chains the man to the woman who stepped on the duck, nods, and walks away.

The third lady is now determined not to suffer the fate of her friends. She walks very carefully and avoids stepping on any ducks at all! The next day St. Peter arrives with the most gorgeous, handsome man she has ever seen. He chains them together, nods, and walks away.

The woman is ecstatic, smiles, and says, "gee, I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for eternity!"

To which the man replies, "I don't know what you did, but I stepped on a duck!"

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Ever wondered why chickens get so many weird things made out of them? I mean we don't have beef fingers do we now.

Dairy Queen offers steak fingers.

How did I get in here?

Am I having more of those nasty senior moments?

Anybody got any spare jellybeans?

Or perhaps a :beer: ?

And, who are you again? :confused: And, why are you wearing those red shorts?

ElenitaB
03-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Christine, WELCOME HOME! Now please send someone to pick me up off the floor because I fell off the chair laughing at your joke! That's the best one all day.

Who is going to take care of me while you are all off having fun supposedly getting Mickey bars??????? Let me guess...DDCOTR (drummerboys discount caretakers of the recovering) :sob: :medic:
I think I was one of the last "recoverers" on the thread so I'll take care of you! :nurse: I promise I won't give you chili or even ice cream with cinnamon and pointy tortilla bits in it. I fluff a pillow well. And I work for pixie dust. I'll even take the hard chocolate shell off your :bar: so it won't hurt your throat. (I think I need to go take my medicine now. :yes: )

Have you ever noticed that when you put the two words "The" and "IRS" together, it spells "THEIRS"?
And the tax jokes begin... laugh all you want. The IRS keeps my company in business. :D

How did I get in here?
Does anyone else thinks that Frankie sent Ed in here to spy on us? :spy: Or is he trying to drum up support for the next best legs contest?

Jenn, Brian likes fruit punch too? Or is it just fruit juice? :wine: BTW, I think my DS took lessons from your DS... he fell tonight but didn't quite understand the lecture on bouncing. He may have broken his pinky toe. So depending on how he feels when he gets up in the morning, he might be going to the ER after my dr's appt. at the hospital.

Okay... back to work for me. (Seriously.)

alpro2
03-22-2007, 05:52 AM
....Um... can you make sure you mark which is the water supply and which is the gas supply?..
There is no mistake when it comes to Ken's gas supply. Did you know he has an endless supply?

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm home...or at least to what's left of it! I do appreciate the pool though, nice touch!! :hi: Welcome back Christine! I loved your trip!! I also loved that joke -- rumour has it I needed new material!

Jenn, Brian likes fruit punch too? Or is it just fruit juice? :wine: BTW, I think my DS took lessons from your DS... he fell tonight but didn't quite understand the lecture on bouncing. He may have broken his pinky toe. So depending on how he feels when he gets up in the morning, he might be going to the ER after my dr's appt. at the hospital. Poor DS, Ellen! The older we get, the less we bounce I have found! I hope he's all right (but I do not think they do anything for broken toesies) -- :nurse: :doctor: :ambal:

There is no mistake when it comes to Ken's gas supply. Did you know he has an endless supply? I know a kid and a dog like that .... Could you use their help? :oops:

offwego
03-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Christine fantastic joke!!

And I'll look forward to the rest of you suitcase.

Ellen have fun at work today. I have way to many meetings myself. Yuck!!

And Ed nice to see you. Was that a beer or a rootbeer you were looking for?

And Ken if you want to pay 122% call me not Guido at least I'll chat Disney with you! And for an RV I think I could see my way clear to oh say 101%..your a good risk right?

Ellen sorry to hear about your DS! Mine decided to lose all the rest of the pencil case (you know the one he couldn't get to his French class?). So $50.00 later we now have replacment pens, glue sticks, markers, pencil crayons erasers etc. Do you know how hard it is to find a pencil case in March? We had a choice of Dora (not so much) and Orange County Choppers of all things. Good grief!! This is the third set of markers and pencil crayons this year (and the 8th glue stick!!) What do they do with them all eat them? Do the evil dolls take them somewhere? Is this like socks??

disneydrmr
03-22-2007, 09:09 AM
How did I get in here?

Ed, I ask myself that ALL the time! How did any of us get in here? I'd say you followed the trail of cookie crumbs, but around these parts - there ARE no cookie crumbs. Maybe it's the corny jokes that brought you in? But more than likely you made a wrong turn at the "Where's Figaro" thread. I'd offer you directions to get back there - but we all know men don't ask for directions.. so I guess you are stuck with us! :D

Welcome back Christine! Hope you are able to find your way around your home - what with all the improvements I'm sure you have discovered! ;)

Sorry to hear about all the non-bouncing ds's. I think there may be some Flubber in the hall closet you guys can have.

So, what' s up with everyone today?

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Quick Di! Mel has a Peeps thread going! :sick:

Nothing much up here -- my two meetings are cancelled due to ill children. I don't mind...... :mickey:
Why did the chicken cross the road twice?

disneydrmr
03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Quick Di! Mel has a Peeps thread going! :sick:

Nothing much up here -- my two meetings are cancelled due to ill children. I don't mind...... :mickey:

Hi Jenn! Already found the Peeps thread! Yum! Is it your children that are ill? Or the other meeting attendee's children that are ill?

I don't know Jenn, why did the chicken cross the road twice?

Christine
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Okay, I've unpacked that last suitcase...there are treats for all! Anyone hungry???
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF?start=0

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi Jenn! Already found the Peeps thread! Yum! Is it your children that are ill? Or the other meeting attendee's children that are ill?

I don't know Jenn, why did the chicken cross the road twice?
Nope -- my children are well, thanks. It is the children of others who have cleared my schedule!

He was a double crosser!

Christine I can't see your suitcase from here -- I'm going to have to wait. Did you like the renovations?

Christine
03-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Christine I can't see your suitcase from here -- I'm going to have to wait. Did you like the renovations?

Ummm, sure.

Did that sound convincing???

drummerboy
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Welcome back Christine. We're glad to have you back but we'll miss your trip reports.

Four presents?! I'm touched [wipes tear from eye]. And on top of that, a humongous cherry turnover and cookies. :cloud9:

Hope you get settled in nicely and get everything fixed (tooth, etc.). I'd almost forgotten about the time Mickey went off somewhere and we had party time at his place. I don't think we did near as good a remodeling on his place as we did on yours though.

disneydrmr
03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey Christine, I think you brought back enough cookies for Alex and Scott... :D Think I can grab those Stitch ones before they get to them?

Glad your kids are well Jenn... so what are you gonna do with your 'free' time?

Nascfan
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
:hi: Christine! I missed you! :hug:

Look at all those cookies. (singing) Heaven, I'm in heaven!

I hope you like the indoor pool, it's an Alex and Scott special. ;)

Jenn, I'm glad your boys aren't sick, and Ellen, I hope your boy is ok! Sheesh, what is it with bouncing kids?

71 degrees here yesterday! I'm so excited! It was absolutely gorgeous last night, we went for a nice walk after dinner. If only poor Lauren hadn't had so much homework she could've got some :golf: practice in. Soon though, very soon.

offwego
03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Christine your remodel shot is fantastic. And all the cookies! Alex is going to get drool all over everything. Do we have napkins?

So isn't that fun when that happens Jenn? I had two long meetings already I need a nap now!

disneydrmr
03-22-2007, 12:45 PM
. (singing) Heaven, I'm in heaven!

(putting fingers in ears) Can someone please make it stop? :D

Hey, why is there a huge puddle on the floor in here? Where'd all those cookies go?

(handing a pillow to Nat) Here you go Nat. Now at least you won't have to lay your head on your keyboard to nap. Those little indentations the keys make in your forehead would be a dead giveaway to your boss that you were sleeping!

offwego
03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
(Those little indentations the keys make in your forehead would be a dead giveaway to your boss that you were sleeping!

No worries he's 45 minutes away in a different city. Unless you think the trainee might snitch? Mind you if my boss was told I was napping he'd be ok with it. Unless my revenue drops.

Nascfan
03-22-2007, 01:10 PM
(putting fingers in ears) Can someone please make it stop? :D

The only way to make me stop is to feed me. And since I'm full from lunch even that won't work now.

I must say, I could use a nap though. Got any pillows left?

offwego
03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
The only way to make me stop is to feed me. And since I'm full from lunch even that won't work now.

I must say, I could use a nap though. Got any pillows left?

Here Scott!! I'm good now got more coffee and sugar...can you say bouncy? :tigger: :tigger:

Nascfan
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Here Scott!! I'm good now got more coffee and sugar...can you say bouncy? :tigger: :tigger:

Bouncy trouncy, fun fun fun fun fun!
The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is Iiiiiii'm the only one! Rowr!

I need a question, got one of those?

offwego
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Bouncy trouncy, fun fun fun fun fun!
The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is Iiiiiii'm the only one! Rowr!

I need a question, got one of those?

Yes which rate do you want the 122% or the 116%?

Or how about what's for dinner?
Or what shoes do you have on?
Or when is it time to go home?
Or where are the cookies?
Or will Di ever get to see Stich again?
Or will Deb get ice cream after her operation?
Will I ever figure out the national park nicknames for the South eastern states?

drummerboy
03-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought about Nat last night as I was watching a commercial for Macy's department stores that was all about shoes they were selling. Did you direct that one, Nat?

dlpmikki
03-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Lovely pictures Christine! Lots of yummy looking cookies :D I have been getting food ready all afternoon for a dinner party tonight. Main course not overly healthy - delicious english cider cheese fondue with bread and apples for dipping. Dessert is black cherry brulee but made with creme fraiche instead of creme so pretty healthy really (lets ignore the kirsch in the cheery sauce....). How does that sound?

ElenitaB
03-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear about all the non-bouncing ds's. I think there may be some Flubber in the hall closet you guys can have.

So, what' s up with everyone today?
Flubber just might do the trick!

I finished work last night at 2:15; had an 8:30 dr's appt; then early dismissal at school and parent/teacher conference at 1:00. Now it's visiting with you all and then back to work! :geek:

Mine decided to lose all the rest of the pencil case (you know the one he couldn't get to his French class?). So $50.00 later we now have replacment pens, glue sticks, markers, pencil crayons erasers etc. Do you know how hard it is to find a pencil case in March? We had a choice of Dora (not so much) and Orange County Choppers of all things. Good grief!! This is the third set of markers and pencil crayons this year (and the 8th glue stick!!) What do they do with them all eat them? Do the evil dolls take them somewhere? Is this like socks??
There is a trick to pencilcasitis: buy 4 when school starts. OR go to Staples and buy the ones you can put in a binder, even if your DS doesn't use a binder. They're rather plain Jane. As for supplies like pencils and markers, I buy a few sets in August when they're on sale and stash them away; glue sticks I buy in bulk at Costco or BJs.

Okay, I've unpacked that last suitcase...there are treats for all! Anyone hungry???
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF?start=0
I thought we did a nice job on Mickey's house. Are you implying we didn't? :sob: Thanks for the cookies... I managed to get in a crumb or two once certain people had been by the counter.

I have been getting food ready all afternoon for a dinner party tonight. Main course not overly healthy - delicious english cider cheese fondue with bread and apples for dipping. Dessert is black cherry brulee but made with creme fraiche instead of creme so pretty healthy really (lets ignore the kirsch in the cheery sauce....). How does that sound?
It sounds lovely! Are we invited?

Okay... off to work with me! Heigh ho... heigh ho (hey, if Scott can sing ;) ).

offwego
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
I thought about Nat last night as I was watching a commercial for Macy's department stores that was all about shoes they were selling. Did you direct that one, Nat?

Ah no...but have you seen the DSW one? That's pretty cool.

I only recently discovered Macy's :cloud9: :cloud9: ...what a shopping heaven! Starbucks outside the door. Wonderful prices on suits (and not bad on shoes) amazing sales staff. Hmm maybe we should zip over this weekend?

Don't you think if my DS is having his baptism/first communion/confirmation his mama should get a new outfit?

And Ken does this mean if I see drummers I should think of you? Mind you I did when I saw this interview with the drummer from Ruch but that was mostly due to the comedian with him.

offwego
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
There is a trick to pencilcasitis: buy 4 when school starts. OR go to Staples and buy the ones you can put in a binder, even if your DS doesn't use a binder. They're rather plain Jane. As for supplies like pencils and markers, I buy a few sets in August when they're on sale and stash them away; glue sticks I buy in bulk at Costco or BJs.

Ellen we tried truly..we did buy 6 glue sticks at the start (plus the big bottle and extra two for home)...and we bought an extra pencil case already. And (I'm serious) 3 packs of 20 pens! (Maybe he's using them like breadcrumbs?).

We bought 20 ereasers (4 packs of 5). I just can't understand where it all goes...this time we bought 54 pens...if they all dispear I'm buying stock in BIC!

The only thing we seem to be able to keep up with is paper.

I may just start sending him with bank pens and call it advertising!!:thumbsup:

drummerboy
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
And Ken does this mean if I see drummers I should think of you? Mind you I did when I saw this interview with the drummer from Ruch but that was mostly due to the comedian with him.
You should think of me when you see drummers (with or without comedians, harumph), cookies, Peeps, old guys with ponytails, remodeling shows, broken down wrecks on the roadside,, um lets see, what else?

offwego
03-22-2007, 03:49 PM
You should think of me when you see drummers (with or without comedians, harumph), cookies, Peeps, old guys with ponytails, remodeling shows, broken down wrecks on the roadside,, um lets see, what else?

Ken, the comedian if it makes you feel better was "awestruck" to be with this drummer. It won't make sense to you (but might to Jenn) but it was Rush (not Ruch) which is a big deal in Canada and Rick Mercer (who does kinda politcal stuff) so it was not a poke fun at him but more at the comedian.

Besides I'm forced to think of old guys with ponytails (mind you with tattoo's) as my step-dad. It's a interesting dynamic if we go out after I finish work let me tell ya...a full on banker suit with the wifebeater and zztop beard is quite the look in small town anywhere. Oh well.

Remodeling shows? I thought you just did theater didn't know you were on tv too!

drummerboy
03-22-2007, 04:46 PM
...a full on banker suit with the wifebeater and zztop beard is quite the look in small town anywhere. Oh well.
I've had a pretty substantial beard from time to time (none now) but I shy away from the wifebeater shirts. Would not be a pretty sight.

Remodeling shows? I thought you just did theater didn't know you were on tv too!
I was thinking of all the remodeling we do right here on JQ, Christine's house being the latest extreme makeover.

By the way Christine, have your neighbors recovered yet? You can probably just holler over to them through the new 'greatroom' opening.

offwego
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I've had a pretty substantial beard from time to time (none now) but I shy away from the wifebeater shirts. Would not be a pretty sight.

Did I say it was pretty?

Christine
03-22-2007, 08:32 PM
By the way Christine, have your neighbors recovered yet? You can probably just holler over to them through the new 'greatroom' opening.

Ken, you won't believe this! My neighbor is a single mom with two teenage daughters, both pregnant (welcome to East Texas, folks!) Well, while we were gone, one of them had her baby! What exactly went on here???

drummerboy
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Ken, you won't believe this! My neighbor is a single mom with two teenage daughters, both pregnant (welcome to East Texas, folks!) Well, while we were gone, one of them had her baby! What exactly went on here???
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about that. Somebody got confused about DDDS (Drummerboy Discount Delivery Service) and thought we were supposed to deliver a baby and...well, there you are. Did they get our bill yet?

alpro2
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Ken - is there something that you want to tell us? :D

Beast_fanatic
03-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Welcome back Christine! Sorry that I missed your return last night - I was really tired, and I guess I didn't refresh my page or something because I never even saw it! :crazy:

Who votes that we should all play hooky tomorrow and skip work? I seem to have an awful case of spring fever!

alpro2
03-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Who votes that we should all play hooky tomorrow and skip work? I seem to have an awful case of spring fever!
Count me in. Anyone else want to join us in hitting pink golf balls?

dlpmikki
03-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Count me in. Anyone else want to join us in hitting pink golf balls?

How about yellow tennis balls?

Hey Christine - Figaro can't wait for you to visit his thread :D

alpro2
03-23-2007, 06:30 AM
How about yellow tennis balls?

Hey Christine - Figaro can't wait for you to visit his thread :D
Do you remember when they were white (the tennis balls that is)?

Yes Christine....we are all hanging by the edge of our seats. ;)

dlpmikki
03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Do you remember when they were white (the tennis balls that is)?

Regrettably I do as I have been playing tennis for over 40 years :blush: I must admit the yellow ones are easier to see! Do you remember the old wooden raquets with the cases that you tightened up to keep their shape?

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Mikki -- I'm not much into tennis (I have no athletic ability at all!) -- and I did not know that tennis balls were ever anything but yellow (we have always bought them for the doggies to play with) -- but I was thinking that I am coming over to your house the next time you have a dinner party. My mouth was watering! :eat:

Nat -- Rick Mercer is the funniest man alive in my opinion -- and Rush is definitely one of the best Rock bands ever :rocker: ..... So your references were meaningful to me at least!

Christine -- congratulations on your new house mate! I hope the new opening doesn't let the late night feeding cries through into your part! You don't need any help staying awake!!! ;)

Do you know where I'll be 4 weeks from today? (hint: :plane: )

offwego
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Nat -- Rick Mercer is the funniest man alive in my opinion -- and Rush is definitely one of the best Rock bands ever :rocker: ..... So your references were meaningful to me at least!

Rick Mercer is so funny...I love the riff's on the ads. The rants too!

Um your going to Uganda?

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 09:09 AM

POFQ? :D
Are you going to be as good to us as Christine with souvenirs? You know she set a very high precedent don't you?

I'm all for playing hooky and doing just about anything outside! But since I'm already at work, guess that will just have to wait. I am glad spring has sprung though. Can't wait to get out and clean up the yard and get the shovels back in the shed and get Lauren's net set up so she and I can hit balls into it. That reminds me, we're going to need to get her a lot more balls for her trip.
Happy Friday JQ gang! :thumbsup:

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
POFQ? :D
Are you going to be as good to us as Christine with souvenirs? You know she set a very high precedent don't you?

And are you going to trash, er I mean "remodel" Jenn's house like you did mine? You set a very high precedent there too!!

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Christine -- congratulations on your new house mate! I hope the new opening doesn't let the late night feeding cries through into your part! You don't need any help staying awake!!! ;)

So far the only thing I hear next door is a lot of banging, slamming, and thumping??? It's almost scary! Of course when we had a newborn in our home, we kept it silent as a tomb! We were a bit over-protective and over-zealous in our parenting methods for quite some time!

I bet you just can't wait for your WDW trip!! Ride that POFQ boat downtown once for me, okay??

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
And are you going to trash, er I mean "remodel" Jenn's house like you did mine? You set a very high precedent there too!!

But of course! :D We don't want to leave Jenn out of all the fun of having a brand new look to her house, do we?

Psst, don't say anything, but with Jasper's computer down, you've got a good shot at leaving him in the dust in the race to 3,000.

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 09:22 AM
....nonnoononononononononnoonno :nono: I believe they will be
1) finishing the fence
2) putting up shelves in the basement for storage
and
3) installing a screw to the wall hyper-strong baby gate at the top of the basement stairs.

That will be the only remodelling going on!Did you make notes everyone? This is all -- correct?

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Welcome back Christine! Sorry that I missed your return last night - I was really tired, and I guess I didn't refresh my page or something because I never even saw it! :crazy:

Thanks Rhonda! I wish I could have met up with you when I breezed through Frisco, but I figured you were at work. Had I known you had a bad case of spring fever and would probably be willing to play hooky, I would have called!!

You know what sounds good for breakfast this morning? Chocolate almond ice cream! Should I or shouldn't I??? :thedolls: :plot:

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Psst, don't say anything, but with Jasper's computer down, you've got a good shot at leaving him in the dust in the race to 3,000.

Who do you think broke his computer???:thedolls:

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Who do you think broke his computer???:thedolls:
Christine! I can't cover for you if you just come out and admit it!!!!!!!!
(Trying to change the subject) Hey! What did the man say when his dog fell of the cliff?

offwego
03-23-2007, 09:34 AM
1) finishing the fence
and
3) installing a screw to the wall hyper-strong baby gate at the top of the basement stairs.

That will be the only remodelling going on!Did you make notes everyone? This is all -- correct?
Uh sure Jenn...maybe I can just hold them off at the border? Wouldn't that be easier?

You know what sounds good for breakfast this morning? Chocolate almond ice cream! Should I or shouldn't I??? :thedolls: :plot:
Aren't you still in vacation mode? The vacations not over till all the laundry is done.

Christine
03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Christine! I can't cover for you if you just come out and admit it!!!!!!!!
(Trying to change the subject) Hey! What did the man say when his dog fell of the cliff?

All's fair in love and war...and races to 3000 posts on INTERCOT!

How about..."Dear Rover's gone over??"

Aren't you still in vacation mode? The vacations not over till all the laundry is done.

Alas, my laundry is done. I guess my vacation is technically over now. :( I'll go make toast.

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 09:39 AM
My DS8 has been asking for ice-cream for breakfast since he watched one of his brother's kiddie shows and they had ice-cream for breakfast. I say go for it -- milk and eggs man -- take 'em how you can get 'em!

Uh sure Jenn...maybe I can just hold them off at the border? Wouldn't that be easier?Thanks Nat! I knew I could count on you! Do you think you will need reinforcements?

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 09:44 AM
1) finishing the fence
and

Of course, that's all we'll do, sure, sure. Right gang? [Whispers to Alex--Did you get the measurements for the IASW boats yet?]

offwego
03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
My DS8 has been asking for ice-cream for breakfast since he watched one of his brother's kiddie shows and they had ice-cream for breakfast. I say go for it -- milk and eggs man -- take 'em how you can get 'em!
Thanks Nat! I knew I could count on you! Do you think you will need reinforcements?

Nah...I'll just turn them all in for Anti Money Laundering stuff. They'll be there till you get back no worries! (and you all wondered why a banker is the bad guy on deal or no deal.) Don't mess with Canadian housing..don't you know we don't have that many Lowes yet?

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Of course, that's all we'll do, sure, sure. Right gang? [Whispers to Alex--Did you get the measurements for the IASW boats yet?]
The pool was at the old house Ken! We haven't put one in at the new place yet! WE need the fence first! Would it help if I told you I have no cookies at my house?

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
The pool was at the old house Ken! We haven't put one in at the new place yet! WE need the fence first! Would it help if I told you I have no cookies at my house?You need a new pool you say? Maybe something in a nice pool/ice rink for year-round use, eh?:thedolls:

You say you have no cookies, but we have ways of finding secret stashes. :spy:

Think of the tears you'll have when you come back and say, "Driver, MOVE THAT RV!"

offwego
03-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Think of the tears you'll have when you come back and say, "Driver, MOVE THAT RV!"

Not all the same thing really is it?

So cool weekend plans anyone??

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Nah...I'll just turn them all in for Anti Money Laundering stuff.

Hey, I'll have you know I've never washed money before! With the exception of the stray dollar bill left in pants pockets.

The pool was at the old house Ken! We haven't put one in at the new place yet!

Oooooh, you should NOT give us ideas like that! :thedolls:

You need a new pool you say? Maybe something in a nice pool/ice rink for year-round use, eh?:thedolls:

Great minds thinking alike Ken. ;)
I don't think those will be tears of joy though, do you?

alpro2
03-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Regrettably I do as I have been playing tennis for over 40 years :blush: I must admit the yellow ones are easier to see! Do you remember the old wooden raquets with the cases that you tightened up to keep their shape?
Nah, I really don't know what you are talking about. I just guessed. ;) :D

Yes, Jen, no problem. (:thedolls: :thedolls: :thedolls: ) Now where do you want it?

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
You need a new pool you say? Maybe something in a nice pool/ice rink for year-round use, eh?:thedolls:
I never said I wanted a new pool -- I just said that we don't have one :angel:

So cool weekend plans anyone?? Hockey and a Dance Recital on Sunday -- but tomorrow is clear and that NEVER HAPPENS TO US!!! We are sleeping in (well....'til 8 anyway if we can).

Hey, I'll have you know I've never washed money before! With the exception of the stray dollar bill left in pants pockets. What's a dollar bill?

Great minds thinking alike Ken. ;)
I don't think those will be tears of joy though, do you? This is a matter of opinion (the Great minds comment). Scott, I always thought you were the last bastion in this motley crew (not the :rocker: ). When did you go to the dark side? :darth:

offwego
03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Hockey and a Dance Recital on Sunday -- but tomorrow is clear and that NEVER HAPPENS TO US!!! We are sleeping in (well....'til 8 anyway if we can).
This is a matter of opinion (the Great minds comment). Scott, I always thought you were the last bastion in this motley crew (not the :rocker: ). When did you go to the dark side? :darth:
Do you think it's because Alex has been away so much?

Sleep in till 8 isn't it funny how doggies and kiddies change what defines sleep in?

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 12:36 PM

Sleep in till 8 isn't it funny how doggies and kiddies change what defines sleep in?
Yep -- just as we were getting back into it (I've never been a way late sleeper -- but 8 or 8:30 would be really nice!!) -- we went and had another baby! What were we thinking?????? Oh well... he goes to bed early :sleepin: .
Any plans your way Nat? Planting tomatoes yet?

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 01:02 PM
So, just 4 weeks till your trip Jen? (whispering to the others - "Is that enough time to get our passports to cross the border?")

Weekend plans? NOTHING!!!! I want to sleep in - maybe 11 or 12. Then stay in my jammies until about 2 or 3, then maybe clean up and have some dinner. Sit around and watch tv. Finish my Chronicles of Narnia book... pure bliss!

offwego
03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
What were we thinking?????? Oh well... he goes to bed early :sleepin: .
Any plans your way Nat? Planting tomatoes yet?

I'm not touching the first question ok?

Uh no we don't have a veggie garden here. (herbs yes). However the greenhouses are about 2 weeks away or so from the first crop so will have fresh tomatoes, peppers (note Di that's peppers not peeps) and cukes as the ever popular cucumber is called in these here parts.

With all the greenhouses and farms here there's no point to a garden as they all have stalls at the end of the driveways. And the greenhouses are right "in town" so to speak not out of the way at all.

Is there some kinda memorial thing going on I've missed? I work accross from a legion and there is a bag piper (no I'm not joking) wandering around the monument and playing. At first till I spotted him I thought there was a cat convention. I just don't get bagpipes. :pipes:

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 01:16 PM
What's a dollar bill?
This is a matter of opinion (the Great minds comment). Scott, I always thought you were the last bastion in this motley crew (not the :rocker: ). When did you go to the dark side? :darth:

It's like your loonie, but, well, different.
They turned me to the dark side Jenn. I didn't want to, but the Force is powerful in Ken. Yes, mighty powerful.

Did Nat ask about weekend plans?

Nothing really. Lauren volunteering then working a concession stand to raise funds for the trip. One dog leaves Sunday while another arrives later. Running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Nothing unusual.

I vote we call Diane at 8:00 am. What do you guys think? ;)

offwego
03-23-2007, 01:19 PM

I'm up earlier if that works. Say around 6:45ish? For the doggie of course but could help Di out with a head start on her book that way.

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 01:25 PM

I'm up earlier if that works. Say around 6:45ish? For the doggie of course but could help Di out with a head start on her book that way.
You are both extremely thoughtful. I am sure Di will appreciate anything you can do. :D
Anyone have a Mars bar? :tasty:

offwego
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
You are both extremely thoughtful. I am sure Di will appreciate anything you can do. :D
Anyone have a Mars bar? :tasty:

I have a twix bar would that do? Or a yogurt?

Jasper
03-23-2007, 01:47 PM
So, just 4 weeks till your trip Jen? (whispering to the others - "Is that enough time to get our passports to cross the border?")

Weekend plans? NOTHING!!!! I want to sleep in - maybe 11 or 12. Then stay in my jammies until about 2 or 3, then maybe clean up and have some dinner. Sit around and watch tv. Finish my Chronicles of Narnia book... pure bliss!

You know, unless I am mistaken, I think you only need a passport if you are flying. I think you can drive without one until the end of this year. So who has the keys for the RV and is it fueled up?

By the way, IIII"MMMM BAAAAAACK!!

Turns out the :thedolls: got into the ol' puter and tried to reinstall everything. Had to take a major dump, (of the hard drive LOL) and then it came right back up!!

Welcome back from your vacation Christine!

offwego
03-23-2007, 01:51 PM
So now you and Christine can race for 3000 right?

What weird language computers have inspired eh?

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Natalie, I like your idea of calling Di even earlier! She'll be SO happy to get a head start on her book, I'm sure.

Jenn, I've got 3 Musketeers, M&Ms, Hershey plain, Milky Way, Snickers, Skittles, and Reeses. No Mars Bars though, sorry. Will any of those do?

:hi: Jasper! You and Christine are close! This is going to be fun to watch. Glad your 'puter didn't completely give up the ghost.

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Nat, Scott - just so you guys know - I get up at 5am EVERY day to give my doggie his medicine.. so I can call you first!!!! I have Scott's number - Nat, are you in the phone book? :thedolls: :D

Jen, sorry I have no chocolate whatsoever. I'm really doing well with this new "no caffeine" lifestyle. I even gave away my desert from my box lunch yesterday - it was a yellow cake with chocolate icing - so I gave it away! BUT.. I do have some pink Peeps if you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!!! ;)

offwego
03-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Nat, Scott - just so you guys know - I get up at 5am EVERY day to give my doggie his medicine.. so I can call you first!!!! I have Scott's number - Nat, are you in the phone book? :thedolls: :D

Of course I am..right there under banker babe where else?

Scott me thinks your in trouble! And Di if it's a box lunch (which I assume you made for yourself) who put the cake in? Or did you buy it somewhere? Or am i just confused? (again)

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Jenn, I've got 3 Musketeers, M&Ms, Hershey plain, Milky Way, Snickers, Skittles, and Reeses. No Mars Bars though, sorry. Will any of those do? Maybe a Milky Way (no nuts, right?)

I do have some pink Peeps if you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!!! ;) Please...no. Chocolate is my only vice (and bookstores -- I'm up to $60 this week....but I walked right past it at lunch time -- I am strong!!

Of course I am..right there under banker babe where else? You can also find her outside the closest shoe store -- panhandling "Please Sir. Can I have some more?" ;)

alpro2
03-23-2007, 02:38 PM
...Scott, I always thought you were the last bastion in this motley crew (not the :rocker: ). When did you go to the dark side? :darth:

They turned me to the dark side Jenn. I didn't want to, but the Force is powerful in Ken. Yes, mighty powerful.

The force is strong in the JQ bastion. Ken has it, I have it, and....yes Scott! Obi Wan's failure is now complete. Scott, strike them down with your wit and your journey to the dark side will be complete! :darth:

Oh Nat! Do you really miss me? :D

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
It's ok Nat. I've been in trouble before. You might even say I'm pretty good at it. ;)

Milky Way, no nuts, you got it Jenn.

Where did I put my question?

offwego
03-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Please...no. Chocolate is my only vice (and bookstores -- I'm up to $60 this week....but I walked right past it at lunch time -- I am strong!!
You can also find her outside the closest shoe store -- panhandling "Please Sir. Can I have some more?" ;)

:crying: :plot: Jenn...you have 24 hour shoe stores! Now they told me about the starbucks in the interview but not the shoe stores. Now how do I get that to be here?

And I too gave in to the demon chapters/indigo thing...but if you buy a book for DH that doesn't count does it?

And since he's such a fan of the food wench that one shouldn't count either right? Which just means I bought one book and it was 4.99 so that's ok right? We could form a book support group right here in additon to our clear need for a cookie support group.

offwego
03-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Sure Alex, mostly on Sunday when I got a whole in one (ok mini put but still) with a bright pink golf ball!!

Now where is that bbq cook book for DH that I bought. Does anyone here like steaks? (sorry Jenn you can have salmon ok?)

alpro2
03-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Sure Alex, mostly on Sunday when I got a whole in one (ok mini put but still) with a bright pink golf ball!!

Now where is that bbq cook book for DH that I bought. Does anyone here like steaks? (sorry Jenn you can have salmon ok?)
A whole in one what? A whole donut or a donut hole? Oh, you mean a hole in one. I once had a hole in one...then I patched it up.

Steak? C'mon Nat, you are talking to Mr. Porterhouse.

offwego
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
A whole in one what? A whole donut or a donut hole? Oh, you mean a hole in one. I once had a hole in one...then I patched it up.

Steak? C'mon Nat, you are talking to Mr. Porterhouse.

Darn fingers...well still a HOLE in one is pretty fun even if you misspell it.

But yeah the Weber's "Real Grilling" has two poterhouse looking steaks on the cover. Who on earth could eat two of those things though?

Personally I'm a rib eye fan though. And I'm not going to turn up my nose at fillet either of course. But the strip loin/new york cut isn't always my fave but can work well.

Mind you the best steaks are always the ones someone else buys right Alex?

Jasper
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
So now you and Christine can race for 3000 right??

I suppose so, that's what they tell me anyway. So, is there anyway I can get an unfair advantage over her since she was claims responsibility for my computer crash?

By the way, I am looking for a new computer because this one is so old that it can't be updated to a newer operating system and no one supports virus protection for this one anymore because of its age. Any suggestions on what I should get?

drummerboy

It is your destiny, young one. Now you too can feel the power of the force. Besides, we have cooler outfits.

Did anybody else see Jenn's clear call for help with her fencing? Let's start getting the materials together.

disneydrmr
Of course I am..right there under banker babe where else?

Scott me thinks your in trouble! And Di if it's a box lunch (which I assume you made for yourself) who put the cake in? Or did you buy it somewhere? Or am i just confused? (again)

It's a box lunch we buy from a local church. They do it every month. It's only $5 - GREAT deal! This time it was a open faced roast beef sandwhich with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans, and the dessert. Other times they've done spaghetti and meatballs with salad, garlic bread and dessert... always quite yummy!

Please...no. Chocolate is my only vice (and bookstores -- I'm up to $60 this week....but I walked right past it at lunch time -- I am strong!!
You can also find her outside the closest shoe store -- panhandling "Please Sir. Can I have some more?" ;)

Ah, I have that same trouble with bookstores... the manager at the local christian one knows me by name and it's a joke that I always spend at least $40 when I come in (actually it's no joke - it's the truth)

Nat, I told you that you need to aim about a foot more to the left! :D

So, did anyone find where Scott left his question?

Jasper
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Did anybody else see Jenn's clear call for help with her fencing? Let's start getting the materials together.

I have a bunch of old car tires we could stack up to make a fence. I also think there might be some dayglow flourescent orange paint in the cabinet to finish it with. Sound like it could work?

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Ok, I got everything we need - several epees, and several of those cute white outfits, in several different sizes... but with this bunch Ken - do you think it's really SAFE to allow everyone to handle sharp pointed objects?

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 02:59 PM
But yeah the Weber's "Real Grilling" has two poterhouse looking steaks on the cover. Who on earth could eat two of those things though? I actually like the odd steak Nat -- and I have that Weber book -- they gave it to me when I bough my outdoor baby! (the BBQ)

Any suggestions on what I should get? One that can be updated to a newer operating system and that can support virus protection ? :thumbsup:

It is your destiny, young one. Now you too can feel the power of the force. Besides, we have cooler outfits.. Darth's cape really is the coolest thing, isn't it?

Did anybody else see Jenn's clear call for help with her fencing? Let's start getting the materials together. I will admit to this....but I did NOT ask for a pool!!! :swim:

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 03:01 PM
By the way, I am looking for a new computer because this one is so old that it can't be updated to a newer operating system and no one supports virus protection for this one anymore because of its age. Any suggestions on what I should get?
You know, if you substitute the word "husband" for "computer" in that request, it could be my DW talking about me. :(

Anybody else watching the minutes slowly ticking by?

alpro2
03-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Mind you the best steaks are always the ones someone else buys right Alex?
If it's free, it is for me!

Originally Posted by drummerboy

I will bring the coffee and cookies, you know, for the break. :confused:

Originally Posted by disneydrmr
but with this bunch Ken - do you think it's really SAFE to allow everyone to handle sharp pointed objects?

You know what they say, don't you? something about someone that "ain't" the sharpest tool in the shed. :D

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I will admit to this....but I did NOT ask for a pool!!! :swim:
Wait until you see the fencing material we're gathering. You might wish you had a pool. :thedolls:

Is it five yet?

alpro2
03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Where do we bring in all those singing dolls for Jen's new pool?

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Wait until you see the fencing material we're gathering. You might wish you had a pool. :thedolls:

Is it five yet?
Does Drummerboy Discount International have a Pool supply arm? Better yet -- Do you have a "bag over the house" product? :hide:

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:09 PM
You know, if you substitute the word "husband" for "computer" in that request, it could be my DW talking about me. :(

Anybody else watching the minutes slowly ticking by?
Awww...do the cool outfits and powerful force not make you feel younger anymore? Don't worry most wives don't look for replacment models...it's the training that's hard work not the repairs.

I...but I did NOT ask for a pool!!! :swim:
Stop reminding them....it's just not a good idea!!

You know what they say, don't you? something about someone that "ain't" the sharpest tool in the shed. :D
Alex is this a phrase you hear often?

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 03:10 PM
SShhh.:secret: Just keep them in the holding pond for now. Did you get your part of the 'fencing' yet?

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Is it five yet?
Not in this time zone at least sorry. But I'm leaving early (nah nah nah nah) in about 15 minutes or so.

Goodness your not bringing those into Canada are you? We aren't in the orginal so we can't be in any faux IASW either sorry..it's against international trade agreement sub section 1-3.555-8zxe..part L sub paragraph H5.6

Does Drummerboy Discount International have a Pool supply arm? Better yet -- Do you have a "bag over the house" product? :hide:

Jenn your neighbours just are not going to be happy with this option either. I'm thinking I shouldn't post a pre trip report this time. just too scary!

alpro2
03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Alex is this a phrase you hear often?
Actually, I like the phrase, "you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic".

SShhh.:secret: Just keep them in the holding pond for now. Did you get your part of the 'fencing' yet?
In a hushed voice: (The only thing I am still waiting for is the speaker cables). Uh, yes, I have all the fencing materials. Shall we begin? :thedolls:

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Awww...do the cool outfits and powerful force not make you feel younger anymore?
Are you kidding? Didn't you see Darth's face when they took that helmet off? :jaw: Not to mention the emperor.

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I brought bags on concrete for the fence posts......oops. She wanted a big blob statue in her foyer, didn't she?

Can I have a cool red light saber guys? :darth:

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Actually, I like the phrase, "you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic".

That's a good one. Personally I like the traditonal a few cards shy of a full deck.
I've also heard a few ants shy of a picnic.
Or the few bricks shy of a full load works.

Alex you do know you'll be hanging on for 4 weeks to those...with speaker wire.

Jenn did you get a newhome warranty?

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 03:22 PM
In a hushed voice: (The only thing I am still waiting for is the speaker cables). Uh, yes, I have all the fencing materials. Shall we begin? :thedolls:
Just deposit everything in the staging area. I think we should wait until she leaves before we start, don't you?

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Are you kidding? Didn't you see Darth's face when they took that helmet off? :jaw: Not to mention the emperor.

yeah but have you seen Quenn Amedala...hachacha no? Clearly you get your compensation early from the dark side not late. Does this mean you've used it up already?

And Scott go for purple like Samual L. Jackson!!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I brought bags on concrete for the fence posts......oops. She wanted a big blob statue in her foyer, didn't she? I don't know where you found room to put it --- that's not the foyer! That's the living room!

That's a good one. Personally I like the traditonal a few cards shy of a full deck.
I've also heard a few ants shy of a picnic.
Or the few bricks shy of a full load works.
...Jenn did you get a newhome warranty?
A few tomatoes short of a good sauce....
Of course I got the warranty -- 7 years baby! Do you think it will cover off the blob sculpture?

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Just deposit everything in the staging area. I think we should wait until she leaves before we start, don't you?

Jenn...I'm going to need those reinforcements after all. Do you know Mel Lastmen? Do you think he still has the army on speed dial like for snow and stuff? Wouldn't a questioning crew of home renovaters count or should we just call Mike Holmes?

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
A few tomatoes short of a good sauce....
Of course I got the warranty -- 7 years baby! Do you think it will cover off the blob sculpture?

Ah so did I, but went one better and bought it from clients...amazing how quickly the "little" things got fixed when they figured that part out. (quote from floor guy...boss called me and said I'd be fired if you didn't like your floor does it look good now lady please??) Now that's using the force guys:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM

Depends - would the 'renovations' done by the JQ Crew fall under acts of nature? Hmmmm... let me see your policy Jenn... oops.. right here, page 5,678,902,435, paragraph 11, "If you leave your home and allow your internet friends to come into your home, whether invited or not, and they do 'improvements' to your home, your policy will not cover any 'improvements' to fix the 'said improvements.' "

Hmmm... guess you should've went with DDIC (Drummerboy's Discount Insurance Company - motto "We'll cover it when no one else will - do you want it covered in paper or plastic?")

alpro2
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
yeah but have you seen Quenn Amedala...hachacha no? Clearly you get your compensation early from the dark side not late. Does this mean you've used it up already?

Yes, but what kind of shoes does she have on? Gotta love those black leather knee high boots on Darth.

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Ok here's a good one.How do you figure out when your at 180 days?

Seriously. I'm thinking I'm there but miscounted cause it was supposed to be April.

And my dates say 22 of sept. but we've changed it right now to the 28th if that matters.

Please help folks. thanks!

offwego
03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, but what kind of shoes does she have on? Gotta love those black leather knee high boots on Darth.

That's a good question...calls for a movie night don't you think?

Jasper
03-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I know the singing dolls are fond of cotton candy and glitter, would you like me to bring along a truckload of each? I also have the backhoe still rented from the last job if you think we can use it?

Oh Oh, she did say she wanted French doors and a new skylight didn’t she? I am getting better at operating this thing. Well, I am aren’t I?

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
I know the singing dolls are fond of cotton candy and glitter, would you like me to bring along a truckload of each? I also have the backhoe still rented from the last job if you think we can use it?

Oh Oh, she did say she wanted French doors and a new skylight didn’t she? I am getting better at operating this thing. Well, I am aren’t I?
Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. You really gotta get some patience, son. Remember,we wait until the vict... subjects leave before we begin the renovations. Did you skip extreme makeover orientation again?

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 04:02 PM
And Scott go for purple like Samual L. Jackson!!:thumbsup:

Oh yes, purple! Can I have purple?

I don't know where you found room to put it --- that's not the foyer! That's the living room!

And doesn't it look good there? ;)

Ok, so you're at the 28th of September, Nat? Do you count the 28th or not? If that's when you leave, I wouldn't count that. So going backwards, 27+31+31+30+31+30+8 left in March = 188 by my calcs. So as of April Fool's Day you should be at 180.

Jasper
03-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Depends - would the 'renovations' done by the JQ Crew fall under acts of nature?

It would most definitely be an act of nature or an act of God! Several years ago I was on one of our guy’s only camp trip and was walking to my truck to get a tool for something. While walking I tripped and fell against my truck right in the extended cab panel. I hit the side of the truck with my shoulder, breaking it, and in the process did almost $3000.00 to the side of my truck!

I would say that I was a bit less than stable in my walking because of liquid refreshments. I told my insurance agent the whole story about what happened, including my “condition” at the time. Because of this I was fully expecting to have to pay the cost of the repairs myself or at the very least to pay the deductible. Imagine my complete surprise when my insurance agent called and said it was ruled an act of God according to my policy and that they would pay the WHOLE THING!!

If something that silly qualified as an act of God, then I think we can all agree that anything we do here would fall under that same category, right?

Jasper
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. You really gotta get some patience, son. Remember,we wait until the vict... subjects leave before we begin the renovations. Did you skip extreme makeover orientation again?

Oh, is that what that meeting was? I thought you were all getting together to swap recipes again! Actually, the bright lights from the television cameras blinded me and I couldn’t see who was still here and who had left. Yeah, that’s what it was, really! ! You don’t think I would fib do you? Ah, that was really just a rhetorical question, I don’t think I really want to know the answer!:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Christine
03-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Guess what I just did?

I got a pre-sale email for High School Musical ON ICE that is coming to Bossier City, LA next month, so I ordered us some tickets. I am going to keep it a secret from DD...she will FLIP!

I knew they had a stage show tour, but not an ice show?

I think anything "on ice" is a good thing!:D

**Edit** Oh NO! I just checked the date to make sure it wasn't on the same day as my hyda scan. The date didn't mesh up, so I look at the High School Musical website, and they are selling these tickets for 2008 shows!!! I just bought tickets for a show 13 months from now!

ElenitaB
03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Ok here's a good one.How do you figure out when your at 180 days?

Seriously. I'm thinking I'm there but miscounted cause it was supposed to be April.

And my dates say 22 of sept. but we've changed it right now to the 28th if that matters.

Please help folks. thanks!
I can help! I have a detailed spreadsheet I use for each and every trip and, of course, dining reservations is its only special tab. So, 180 days out from Sept 28 is Apr 1. (You just enter the date in Excel and in another cell, subtract 180 from it.) Does this mean that you'll still be around for the Icot 10th?

Jenn, I saw the blueprints for the remodel. Nice! :thumbsup: (Did I do a good job, guys?)

Well, I put in 56 hours this week. Haven't done that in a loooong time. Now I'm looking forward to getting to bed at a decent time tonight... after all, I have to work tomorrow (sigh).

Beast_fanatic
03-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Don't any of you use the INTERCOT countdown timer (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/countdown/default.asp)?

dlpmikki
03-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Don't any of you use the INTERCOT countdown timer (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/countdown/default.asp)?

I do! It just sits on my desk top telling me I only have 191 days to go :) When it hits 180 I can start thinking about ADRs day by day.

Should I set a clock going for our JQ meet at OKW? I think the resort is getting nervous at the thought of so many JQers staying there! :thumbsup:

alpro2
03-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Should I set a clock going for our JQ meet at OKW? I think the resort is getting nervous at the thought of so many JQers staying there! :thumbsup:
Are we all staying at your place? Yeah...we are staying at Mikki's. :D

Not to worry, I am very low maintenance. I will send you my list of "things" that I need and do during the day. Now, how big are those rooms?

drummerboy
03-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Now, how big are those rooms?
Why worry about that? Did you forget the JQ extreme makeover team?

ElenitaB
03-24-2007, 06:16 PM
JQ Meet? Thursday or Friday? Park or resort? Paper or plastic?

Mickey'sGirl
03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
JQ Meet? Thursday or Friday? Park or resort? Paper or plastic? I hope we can order out -- I cannot bring my cooker on the :plane: ... This old "hasn't bought into DVC yetter" will be slummin' over at Sports.... (we actually were VERY impressed with the Sports in January :thumbsup:)

We're hoping to do MNSSHP one night -- John hinted that there might be something planned concerning it on the Friday .....

How goes the weekend? I dropped Harry off at the movies (for a birthday party) at 2:45 -- and he's been gone ever since. Oh to have so much energy! Whilst he's been gone, I've done the groceries, made sauce, then made a lasagna (for Monday), then some Chili (for tonight and the freezer), home-made dog biscuits and now I'm boiling the corned beef for tomorrow night's dinner. I like having a free Saturday :whew: !!

Beast_fanatic
03-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I haven't decided where we're staying yet. I'm thinking either POFQ or WL. We've only spent one night at POFQ and we've never stayed at WL yet and hubby would like to. However, WL is about a grand more (just for the standard view). Decisions, decisions...

Don't you wish we had a little more detail about the festivities since we are coming up on 180 days out?

ElenitaB
03-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Rhonda, details should be coming out this coming week. Good point about the 180 days though! BTW, POFQ is one of my favorite resorts.

Jenn, when can I expect my food shipment for the week?

We got up on the early side today, Ben went to his tennis lessons while I read a book for work, we ran errands (Toys R Us to get a little something for Ben in honor of his great report card and getting First Honors again, and the the craft store to get a few things for our giveaways at this week's big meeting at work), then home and I napped for a while :sleepin: Up, ordered in dinner (I know... bad girl), worked on my craft projects and then settled in for an evening of PowerPoint. Wish my day had been as productive as Jenn's was. Tomorrow morning I'll be working on an animation for the presentation and also laundry, food shopping, exercise :walk:, etc.

Can someone send me a Merry Maid? I could really use the help this week!

trackbarroness
03-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Rhonda, details should be coming out this coming week. Good point about the 180 days though! BTW, POFQ is one of my favorite resorts.

Jenn, when can I expect my food shipment for the week?

We got up on the early side today, Ben went to his tennis lessons while I read a book for work, we ran errands (Toys R Us to get a little something for Ben in honor of his great report card and getting First Honors again, and the the craft store to get a few things for our giveaways at this week's big meeting at work), then home and I napped for a while :sleepin: Up, ordered in dinner (I know... bad girl), worked on my craft projects and then settled in for an evening of PowerPoint. Wish my day had been as productive as Jenn's was. Tomorrow morning I'll be working on an animation for the presentation and also laundry, food shopping, exercise :walk:, etc.

Can someone send me a Merry Maid? I could really use the help this week!

Did someone say their staying at the All Star Sports?
Now how do you conntact those Merry Maids again? Lol
My family left yesterday after staying at All Stars Music, they did do a lot but when your working and playing it tends to tire you out a lot faster if you just either working or playing, don't you agree? Did anyone miss me? :D

alpro2
03-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Not sure of my resort either. Looking forward to the itinerary coming out.

Ellen - think you can find time to run to the bakery and send some goodies up my way?

Did you forget a thing or two yesterday Jen?

Mickey'sGirl
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Did someone say their staying at the All Star Sports? That would be me Sandy :hi: ! You gonna stay on site?

Did you forget a thing or two yesterday Jen? Just the cookies I fully intended to bake for you and my DS's. I just ran out of time and my knees were really sore.... sorry. I'll try to get them done tonight, ok? I have to go in a few minutes to my neices dance revue -- I only bought a ticket for the first half --- and it is 3 hours long!!! Could you image staying for the whole show? I would be numb!!! I won't be home until nearly dinner time (therefore I had to prepare the dinner yesterday....).
How's the conditioning for your big walk coming Ellen? (Congrats to Ben BTW on a good report! I was very proud of Harry's too, and he chose a new Pirate book for his special recognition "Are those real rubies, Mom?" Uh...Yeah, Sure! :mickey:

dlpmikki
03-25-2007, 12:02 PM
What is going on? I have been away overnight and you are still on the same page!

Alex - OKW is going to full of girly JQers - no room for nobbly knees..... :thedolls:

ElenitaB
03-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Alex, I'd be glad to stop by a virtual bakery for you... if I step into the real thing, I may just well faint from the sensory overload. I'm doing a new WoE (way of eating) and there are no sweets or carbs at all! So far it's been successful but I think bakeries, at this point in time, are "out of scope." Would you like some virtual cannoli? How about a virtual piece of chocolate mousse cake from Aunt Butchie's? (You've got to check AB's out the next time you're back in the homeland, er, I mean Brooklyn. You can also find them in the JetBlue terminal at JFK.)

Jen, my leg was sick last week but it's much better now so today I'm back to getting ready for the May 5th charity walk. :walk:

Sandy, you're so right: it's much harder working and playing, than just working or just playing. Did you have fun with your family?

So what's everyone else up to today?

Christine
03-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow...it's so quiet!

We've had a relatively quiet weekend. Yesterday DD had a soccer game, then had a couple of friends come over (note to self...ONE friend from now on! Little girls can be so mean! They try to pair off and whisper...I remember too well!):thedolls:

Then today we visited a new church (only downside is that their contemporary service is at 8:30!!) and enjoyed that. Then had breakfast at IHOP :ack: and remembered why we hadn't been there in years!

Afterwards, we took a quick power nap, and now DH and DD are outside playing soccer while I surf and look at properties online.

Does anyone watch Brothers and Sisters? Hope it's a new episode tonight!

Beast_fanatic
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Today, hubby and I went to breakfast and then I brought him home and I went and gave blood. Since then, I bought groceries and we put those away, went to lunch and to Target and then came home and I've been online ever since. Not too productive. :rolleyes:

I should go start some laundry, but I don't really want to.

No carbs at all, Ellen? I do have a friend that lost quite a bit on one of the low/no carb diets. Good luck with it! :thumbsup:

trackbarroness
03-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Alex, I'd be glad to stop by a virtual bakery for you... if I step into the real thing, I may just well faint from the sensory overload. I'm doing a new WoE (way of eating) and there are no sweets or carbs at all! So far it's been successful but I think bakeries, at this point in time, are "out of scope." Would you like some virtual cannoli? How about a virtual piece of chocolate mousse cake from Aunt Butchie's? (You've got to check AB's out the next time you're back in the homeland, er, I mean Brooklyn. You can also find them in the JetBlue terminal at JFK.)

Jen, my leg was sick last week but it's much better now so today I'm back to getting ready for the May 5th charity walk. :walk:

Sandy, you're so right: it's much harder working and playing, than just working or just playing. Did you have fun with your family?

So what's everyone else up to today?

I had fun with my family, but getting home after 11PM a couple of nights was very tiring.
--------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted Mickey'sGirl
Did someone say their staying at the All Star Sports?

That would be me Sandy ! You gonna stay on site?

My Mom works front at the All Star Resort mainly Sports and Music. :D
Anyone ready for a ride on RNRC, or any of the thrill rides for that matter? :D :cool:

ElenitaB
03-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Today, hubby and I went to breakfast and then I brought him home and I went and gave blood.
You gave blood today!?! Kudos to you! :thumbsup:

No carbs at all, Ellen? I do have a friend that lost quite a bit on one of the low/no carb diets. Good luck with it! :thumbsup:
The only carbs I'm getting are the ones naturally found in fruit and vegetables. I do make it a point to have 2 servings of fruit a day to make sure that I'm still getting them! I have a ton to lose, so it's encouraging to hear about your friend.

Anyone ready for a ride on RNRC, or any of the thrill rides for that matter? :D :cool:
Uh, no! I'll watch everyone's stuff while you thrill seekers all go on!

I'm looking forward to watching Discovery TV's new Planet Earth series, starting tonight at 8:00. Check it out, Christine, as Brothers & Sisters is a rerun tonight.

alpro2
03-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Alex - OKW is going to full of girly JQers - no room for nobbly knees..... :thedolls:
Nobby knees!?!?! I'll have you know that I have cute knees. In fact, I am gunning for Frankie's best legs title. :D

Me me me! Who's will join me?

Beast_fanatic
03-25-2007, 10:03 PM

Sure! Hubby isn't sure he wants to ride Space Mountain this time around though. We had a rough ride last time around. But, I will! Are you going to post your schedule when it comes time so we know when you'll be there? That's assuming that you're still on SM in October.

You gave blood today!?! Kudos to you! :thumbsup:

Yes, I did. Thanks. It didn't even dry up in the middle of my donation this time. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
03-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Okay, time to close the lights in here now. I've put up a big pot of coffee for the morning... nothing as good as Timmie's but we'll survive. :coffee: Who's bringing breakfast?

See you on the morrow!

dlpmikki
03-26-2007, 03:36 AM
Okay, time to close the lights in here now. I've put up a big pot of coffee for the morning... nothing as good as Timmie's but we'll survive. :coffee: Who's bringing breakfast?

See you on the morrow!

It's the morrow here already :)

We have had our first cup of Taylor's coffee but no breakfast yet. More tennis for me today and tomorrow - that will be 3 days in a row! All inside thankfully as I am looking out on thick fog :D

I have to go shopping later. Anyone need anything?

alpro2
03-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Good Morning. Ok I am ready...what's to eat? :eat:

alpro2
03-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Jen and Banker Babe - looks like the Habs and Leafs will be playing with some pink golf balls soon, eh? :hockey: :golf:

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 08:25 AM
:coffee: Who's bringing breakfast? See you on the morrow! Thanks Ellen! I finally got around to making Alex's cookies last night. Will Choc Chip do?

I have to go shopping later. Anyone need anything? Yes please. I forgot to get some extra old cheddar to make some scones for breakfast.... Can you pick some up for me?

Jen and Banker Babe - looks like the Habs and Leafs will be playing with some pink golf balls soon, eh? :hockey: :golf: You said it! Pathetic! Good thing I have some real hockey to watch....Harry is in a tournament this week :D

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 09:16 AM
It's the morrow here already :)

We have had our first cup of Taylor's coffee but no breakfast yet. More tennis for me today and tomorrow - that will be 3 days in a row! All inside thankfully as I am looking out on thick fog :D

I have to go shopping later. Anyone need anything?

Good Morning. Ok I am ready...what's to eat? :eat:

Mikki, if you would please pick me up some eggs, some milk, some shredded colby cheese, sliced white bread and some ground sausage I will make everyone a Breakfast CAsserole. Who wants to make a nice fruit salad to go with it?

Does that sound good to you Alex?

offwego
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Jen and Banker Babe - looks like the Habs and Leafs will be playing with some pink golf balls soon, eh? :hockey: :golf:

Yep..your right oh well. Still been 40 years since the laughs have seen Lord Stanley up close though.

It's DH's 40th today. Do I be nice or mean?

And is there still coffee?

And thanks everyone on the adr's...I'll have to check out when the 10th starts but I'm not sure how long I can strech it. Plus if free dining comes out we may have to play a little.

Christine that's some might long range planning! Do you think they'll update the show for the 2nd version of the movie?

Anyone else do for some spring weather today?

Christine
03-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Christine that's some might long range planning! Do you think they'll update the show for the 2nd version of the movie?

Yep, when I read the entire webpage it said it would include songs and dance numbers from the highly anticipated High School Musical 2 due out this summer. I hope DD is still interested in it next year!

I think my post-WDW blues have hit. Anyone know of a cure for this??

ElenitaB
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
[...] I will make everyone a Breakfast CAsserole. Who wants to make a nice fruit salad to go with it?
I'll make the fruit salad! I make a really good one too using the recipe I learned when living in Central America where I could get tropical fruit for a song.

And is there still coffee?

And thanks everyone on the adr's...I'll have to check out when the 10th starts but I'm not sure how long I can strech it. Plus if free dining comes out we may have to play a little.

Anyone else do for some spring weather today?
Happy birthday to your DH! :party:

Didn't you have a party to go to this past weekend? How did that go? We need the clothes/shoe report, please! :)

Reservations for September 10th opened up on March 14th; for October 10th they open on April 13th. So when exactly are you going? :confused:

The only known cure for the post-WDW blues is to start planning your next trip. My prescription: start looking for plane tickets.

Is it really Monday morning? I guess I should get down to work, huh?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I'll make the fruit salad! I make a really good one too using the recipe I learned when living in Central America where I could get tropical fruit for a song.

Is it really Monday morning? I guess I should get down to work, huh?

What song did you get the fruit for?

And yes, unfortunately it is really Monday morning. But NO! You don't have to get down to work. Well, unless your boss is looking over your shoulder, or you have a deadline to meet, or you feel quilty about being on Intercot when you should really be working....

ElenitaB
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM

And yes, unfortunately it is really Monday morning. But NO! You don't have to get down to work. Well, unless your boss is looking over your shoulder, or you have a deadline to meet, or you feel quilty about being on Intercot when you should really be working....
The Chiquita Banana song? (Somehow I knew one of you would ask that... and you didn't disappoint! :cool: )

No boss looking over my shoulder... just Jiminy Cricket! I won't feel guilty about being on Icot for a bit if they won't feel guilty about me working 6 hours this weekend.

Anyone notice anything different?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
The Chiquita Banana song? (Somehow I knew one of you would ask that... and you didn't disappoint! :cool: )

No boss looking over my shoulder... just Jiminy Cricket! I won't feel guilty about being on Icot for a bit if they won't feel guilty about me working 6 hours this weekend.

Glad I didn't disappoint you! That's what friends are for! Right?

Um, notice anything different about what? Did you do something different with your hair? New outfit? Um, new shoes? Or are you talking about this thread? Did someone paint the walls? (actually with this bunch it would be more likely - did someone knock out the walls :D )....

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM

OH OH OH!!!! I see it now! You shined up your stars! :cool: How brightly they shine too! Awesome! They look fantabulous! Congrats! Way to go! :thumbsup: :joy: :woohoo: :yay: :clappy:

What should we do to celebrate?

dlpmikki
03-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Mikki, if you would please pick me up some eggs, some milk, some shredded colby cheese, sliced white bread and some ground sausage I will make everyone a Breakfast CAsserole.

Eggs and milk maybe but I think my supermarkets would struggle with the cheese and the sausage!

Be nice! :D

As Ellen said - plan the next trip and maybe play some Disney music. :)

Now I thought your stars were shined up sometime ago? Is this a different kind of celebration? Have you been spending too much time on Intercot and have gone through 5000 posts? :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
OH OH OH!!!! I see it now! You shined up your stars! :cool: How brightly they shine too! Awesome! They look fantabulous! Congrats! Way to go! :joy:

What should we do to celebrate?
Why Cookies, of course! And I will sing a little number for you :sing: How was that? Maybe I'll just stick to my kiddie jokes! :D
Hi guys - Hope you had a great weekend! :hi: Happy Birthday Nat's DH! My DH will be 40 in July -- Me -- not for a couple of years yet. :whew:

Christine -- planning is the only cure -- You are going in October, right? We are too -- Start thinking of something great you would like to do with a bunch of Canadians you have never met before ---- That could be fun !

drummerboy
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I was thinking of the banana-boat song. Anybody remember that? Day-o, day-ay-ay-o, daylight come and I wan' go home...

Interesting how everybody waits until they're back to work to start posting again. :D

Well, we had auditions for "Noises Off" last night. Looks like I'll be reprising my role as 'Lloyd, the Director'. I know all of you are going to come down and see it in May. Right? It's a British play, so I may get to sell copies of the Drummerboy Discount English-English Dictionary at the door.

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, we had auditions for "Noises Off" last night. Looks like I'll be reprising my role as 'Lloyd, the Director'. I know all of you are going to come down and see it in May. Right? It's a British play, so I may get to sell copies of the Drummerboy Discount English-English Dictionary at the door.
Do you remember when Garrett Morris used to do the "assisted hearing" for SNL in the late '70's? :idea: Well I could do the same kinda thing for the English to English and English to English in the theatre.... :encore:Whatcha think?

offwego
03-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Ellen,

I couldn't find a black dress I really liked so went with a fancy black skirt and burgandy/gold top (with little gold sparkles that seem to have gone everwhere). Ended up with gold shoes for that.

The party was good, one of my clients won (beating another client in the same category talk about win-win). And I gave away my award without any problems. Mine was to a preforming artist who was on tour though so I gave it to his kids. Funny huh?

And Scott I am so not getting the red shoes now. Saw them on someone else with black pantyhose and well :sick:

Ellen right now we are booked sept 28 to oct 7 but might move it back again depending on free dining. The intercot stuff starts the 10th or so doesn't it? I'm not sure I can strech it out that long. It will depend on free dining really as right now I have to go when my mom goes for the 40% discount.

Ken you mean we are not paid by post count?

And Ellen 5000 looks good on you!!

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 11:42 AM
:hi: gang!

Ellen, congrats on 5,000 posts! Your stars are purty. :thumbsup:

No red shoes for you, Nat? Will that be the only color you don't have?

:birthday: to Natalie's husband! :cake:

offwego
03-26-2007, 11:58 AM
:hi: gang!

No red shoes for you, Nat? Will that be the only color you don't have?

:birthday: to Natalie's husband! :cake:

Nah I'm not a yellow or purple girl either.

I wear a lot of neutrals to work so have a ton of browns, blacks and bronzes and then a sprinkle of blues and greens.

So what's for lunch?

alpro2
03-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Well it is about time all of you showed up.

Ellen - way to go on 5k! :marg:

Banker Babe - tell DH that 40 isn't so bad (I am not sure how I will handle 41 though). I bet it only seems like only yesterday when your DH was 39! :D

Jen - if you remember Garrett Morris on SNL then you have to be 40???

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Banker Babe - tell DH that 40 isn't so bad (I am not sure how I will handle 41 though). I bet it only seems like only yesterday when your DH was 39! :D

:laughing: Good one!

Nah I'm not a yellow or purple girl either.

I wear a lot of neutrals to work so have a ton of browns, blacks and bronzes and then a sprinkle of blues and greens.

So what's for lunch?

Turkey and cheese on a pita, cottage cheese, chips. I'm sure I'll break out some chocolate for dessert.

So with no yellow or purple, at least you won't look like and Easter egg, right?

offwego
03-26-2007, 12:37 PM
:
So with no yellow or purple, at least you won't look like and Easter egg, right?

Eggsactly!

Alex nice to see you around and about. And yes it does seem like yesterday, however DH works nights so I haven't seen him today either. So it may not be too noticeable!

Jenn much like you I get to wait a few years. My brother however is turning 30 next month which for some reason makes me feel older then DH turing 40 does. DB tried (he called all of them and we have a bunch) to get a retirement home to come out and see DH for his B-Day but no dice.

Any one having something bad for you that I can live through? I'm having chicken on whole wheat and an apple.

And calling an entire industry re a potenial downturn so someone better be eating some junk here somewhere!

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Ken - did you purposely choose a British play so you can sell copies of your English to English guide? Talk about 'drumming' up business for yourself! :D

Lunch? I had pulled bbq pork, baked beans and fries from a bbq place that just recently opened near my workplace. Quite yummy!

alpro2
03-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Alex nice to see you around and about. And yes it does seem like yesterday, however DH works nights so I haven't seen him today either. So it may not be too noticeable!

And you're complaining? :D

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Any one having something bad for you that I can live through? I'm having chicken on whole wheat and an apple.

And calling an entire industry re a potenial downturn so someone better be eating some junk here somewhere!

Is this anything like me having to call an entire datebase of customers regarding the peanut butter recall? Then a week later having to send those same customers letters about the same peanut butter recall.

Was my lunch 'bad' enough for you to live thru?

drummerboy
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Ken - did you purposely choose a British play so you can sell copies of your English to English guide? Talk about 'drumming' up business for yourself! :D

DD1 picks the plays. Think she might have been trying to butter me up so I'll build her a Drummerboy Discount Theater (Theatre in Canada and the U.K.)? DDT motto: If you can't hear the line, it probably wasn't a good one anyway. Motto #2: Curtain? Who can afford a curtain?

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Jen - if you remember Garrett Morris on SNL then you have to be 40???
Nope...I just had an extremely liberal mother. They took me to see La Cage Aux Folles with sub-titles when I was about 10! I was allowed to read and see just about anything .... Did you like the cookies I eventually got around to making?

Di -- I enjoyed your drumming up business pun. Well done!

offwego
03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
And you're complaining? :D
Well believe it or not I do like to see him. The dog wasn't upset however as DH had been on days and thus doggie was banished to his chair from our room.

Is this anything like me having to call an entire datebase of customers regarding the peanut butter recall? Then a week later having to send those same customers letters about the same peanut butter recall.

Was my lunch 'bad' enough for you to live thru?
Yes the fries helped very much. Kinda but not. It's a industry that has mandated limits that just got cut by over 40-45% so it's like getting a notice that your pay "might" (because market price will of course go up if the commodity is scarcer) be cut by that much or more or less. Anyway similiar but not nice at all!

DD1 picks the plays. Think she might have been trying to butter me up so I'll build her a Drummerboy Discount Theater (Theatre in Canada and the U.K.)? DDT motto: If you can't hear the line, it probably wasn't a good one anyway. Motto #2: Curtain? Who can afford a curtain?
Ken need some money?

Jasper
Hi all!! What's happening with all of you today?

I just got back from a weekend attending the annual guys only March camping trip. Needless to say fun was had by all. It is so relaxing not having to worrry about the spouse or kids and only taking care of yourself!!

So, between the computer crash and the camping trip I have only seen a few posts in the last couple of weeks, anyone care to do the 30 second update?

disneydrmr
Di -- I enjoyed your drumming up business pun. Well done!

Thank you Jenn.. I can come up with a pretty good pun every now and then... but you still have the market on one liners!

To be or not to be - is that REALLY the question?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask, the last time I checked in I think we were working on remodeling a nameless someone's house!! Did we do a good job or do we need to recruit reenforcements and finish the job in style?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi all!! What's happening with all of you today?

So, between the computer crash and the camping trip I have only seen a few posts in the last couple of weeks, anyone care to do the 30 second update?

Ok, set the timer.. here I go....

Alex ate cookies, Drummerboy Discount lines expanded, Nat wore more shoes, Jenn is still a Galactic Hero, and that's the end....

Did I make it under 30 seconds?

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
It is so relaxing not having to worrry about the spouse or kids and only taking care of yourself!!
Are you baiting us? ( :hi: Jasper ... nice to see you) :mickey:

dlpmikki
03-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Well I have a question especially for Ken, Jasper and Alex (as he is feeling left out):

If March winds bring April showers and April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? :)

offwego
03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I just got back from a weekend attending the annual guys only March camping trip. Needless to say fun was had by all. It is so relaxing not having to worrry about the spouse or kids and only taking care of yourself!!

Camping and fun in the same sentence? Surely you jest my friend? Camping and I have signficant allergic reacation issues.

Alex ate cookies, Drummerboy Discount lines expanded, Nat wore more shoes, Jenn is still a Galactic Hero, and that's the end....

Do we know how quickly Jasper reads? But yeah it's pretty good. You forgot about Scott eating cottage cheese, you have bbq pork and Ellen going low-carb, Christine's neighbours baby, and Rhonda's venture to Target and Sandy's mom working at the all-stars and my inability to count!

offwego
03-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I have a question especially for Ken, Jasper and Alex (as he is feeling left out):

If March winds bring April showers and April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? :)

Junebugs?

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM

:hi: :hi: I know! I know! I know! I will not spoil it for them though Mikki . We are a sisterhood!

Doesn't anyone want to know the answer to my cliffhanger from Friday? :mickey:

Jasper
03-26-2007, 01:34 PM

I had you timed at 29.5 seconds! So, got anything good to fill up the other half of a second?

Are you baiting us? ( :hi: Jasper ... nice to see you) :mickey:

Well, no I really wasn't baiting you, but if you have some good material feel free to take the shot! I have broad shoulders and can take a little, or a lot, of teasing! Of course, since I am suuuuch a niiice guy I would NEVER respond and tease you back! Or would I? Hmm, guess you have to try it to see don't you?

By the way, I want to amend the constitution for the Just Questions thread. Chapter 88, sub-part L line 33 should read "If a single post contains more than one question the poster gets credit for any more than one question which can be used to avoid having to ask a question in later threads" How many states do we have to get to approve this before it will take affect?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Well, since the Dolls :thedolls: love bright shiny things so much I would have to say that May flowers bring a new battle against the attacking evil dolls :thedolls: !!!

Everyone got their silly string and bologna bullets ready to go?

offwego
03-26-2007, 01:41 PM
By the way, I want to amend the constitution for the Just Questions thread. Chapter 88, sub-part L line 33 should read "If a single post contains more than one question the poster gets credit for any more than one question which can be used to avoid having to ask a question in later threads" How many states do we have to get to approve this before it will take affect? Would we not need interenational approval what with Jenn & I hanging about?

:hi: :hi: I know! I know! I know! I will not spoil it for them though Mikki . We are a sisterhood!

What was the cliff hanger or how many pages is it back again? Spring fever must have robbed my memory.

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Would we not need interenational approval what with Jenn & I hanging about? .. and Mikki -- maybe we can cover this off by including a line about "approval by representatives of the Commonwealth" ?

What was the cliff hanger or how many pages is it back again? Spring fever must have robbed my memory. Ahhhh I thought you'd never ask!

What did the man say when his dog fell off a cliff?

drummerboy
03-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Pilgrims.

Nat, since the Drummerboy line is Discount, we have to cut a corner here and there, so it's not as much a matter of the Drummerboy line needing money as whether my cheapska..., thrifty, customers need money. I could always start a DDBBRS (Drummerboy Discount Banker Babe Referral Service).

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Camping and fun in the same sentence? Surely you jest my friend? Camping and I have signficant allergic reacation issues.

Do we know how quickly Jasper reads? But yeah it's pretty good. You forgot about Scott eating cottage cheese, you have bbq pork and Ellen going low-carb, Christine's neighbours baby, and Rhonda's venture to Target and Sandy's mom working at the all-stars and my inability to count!

We have a saying at my house that a bad day of camping is still always better than the best day at work!!

We actually started camping years ago because it was a way to get the entire family to spend time together without telephones, televisions, work or anything else getting in the way. Even though we do now take along cell phones for emergency reasons, the rule is that cell phones are off limits other than for emergencies. And no, just because you have not spoken to your girl/boy friend in the last 20 minutes that does not constitute an emergency!!

Wow, I guess I should have asked for the 31 second update! LOL

(Reaching into the question pantry,) Why do weekends go so quickly and Mondays last forever?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
What did the man say when his dog fell off a cliff?

Did he say Dog gone?

Does that count as a question?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get away from the Chicken Hawk!!

Ok, I know that none of my answers are the correct ones but I think mine are more fun than the real ones, don't you?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 01:57 PM

I'll give my answer - ALLERGIES!!!

Jaspar - yeah, with two Canadians and a Brit on this thread I think you do have some international dealings to contend with when you go to get the Constitution changed... But Ken is our legal eagle so I'm sure he'll know exactly what you need to do!

Ok, my spring fever is at a peak right now.. it's in the 80's outside.. I'm stuck in my cubicle with no windows... anyone wanna join me on a virtual picnic in the park? I've spotted a nice picnic table next to the lake for us. It's even in a shelter. I have some ground beef and some Hidden Valley ranch mix to make Ranch Burgers on the grill... anyone wanna join me? I can bring my Bocce game to play also!

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Did he say Dog gone? He did!

To get away from the Chicken Hawk!!

Ok, I know that none of my answers are the correct ones but I think mine are more fun than the real ones, don't you? They are Jasper...how about this....
David Hume (Scottish Philosopher) would say: "Out of custom and habit."

I have some ground beef and some Hidden Valley ranch mix to make Ranch Burgers on the grill... anyone wanna join me? I can bring my Bocce game to play also!I'm there sister! I love burgers on the barbie... (they are the reason I am not vegetarian :eat: ) . Can I bring a kite?

offwego
03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
What did the man say when his dog fell off a cliff?[/I]
Where's tinkerbell when you need her?

Pilgrims.

Nat, since the Drummerboy line is Discount, we have to cut a corner here and there, so it's not as much a matter of the Drummerboy line needing money as whether my cheapska..., thrifty, customers need money. I could always start a DDBBRS (Drummerboy Discount Banker Babe Referral Service).

Ken, I get the ref. part. And no problem we have great coverage for the Carolina's so that could be fun. But do you mean that Pilgrims show up from mayflowers like the boat? Because I thought you guys put thanksgiving in November. Which personally I don't think gives you enough time to get rid of all the leftovers.

We have a saying at my house that a bad day of camping is still always better than the best day at work!!

We actually started camping years ago because it was a way to get the entire family to spend time together without telephones, televisions, work or anything else getting in the way. Even though we do now take along cell phones for emergency reasons, the rule is that cell phones are off limits other than for emergencies. And no, just because you have not spoken to your girl/boy friend in the last 20 minutes that does not constitute an emergency!!

There are good days camping? Jasper if I went that long without my phone I think I'd go into shock or something. I even take it to WDW with me all the time (don't normally talk on it much though). I'm just not a camping kinda girl. DH tried once and the tent leaked on me, my mom made me do dishes and well it just wasn't fun. And don't even get me started on the horrors of family camping growing up...I haven't come close to paying off the therapy bills yet.

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Jenn's got a kite? Excellent! I brought a frisbee! Oh, and some tennis balls for the dogs to chase. Can't forget about the furrkids. :dog:

Nat, can we properly assume that you are NOT one of those people on the phone in the shows?

Oh, and Mayflowers the boat, yes.

offwego
03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Nat, can we properly assume that you are NOT one of those people on the phone in the shows?

Nope I don't do that...it's why it has vibrate. Plus I text a lot. Quiter and all.

And I was trying at first to see what Pilgrims has to do with dogs...but maybe it's chickens?

Anyway Di how about frisbee golf that way Alex won't feel left out?

And would key lime pie be ok? I made some last week but still have so more key limes so I can make another batch if you'd like.

Does England have a consitution or is it a Charter? Will this impact our negoations?

Do we get to go to the UN? Will Brad and Angelina adopt us all?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
And don't even get me started on the horrors of family camping growing up...I haven't come close to paying off the therapy bills yet.

You see, that is part of the family tradition, you know, like a family heirloom! Our parents made us completely nuts so now we have to pass that along to our kids.

Do you have children? If you do, this little gem of knowledge is on page 6,854,332 of the parent handbook, just after “nervous break down.” LOL

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh boy! Jenn has a kite! First we better make sure there are no kite eating trees around! It's been years since I've flown a kite! Hmmm... a proper kite needs a proper tail.. (ok, what movie is that line from? ;) )
May I break out into song? :piano: "With toppence for paper and strings, you can have your own set of wings..."

Hey - is anyone watching the burgers?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Will Brad and Angelina adopt us all?

Ok, I am all for making our children as nuts as our parents made us, but I think this falls into the category of cruel and unusual punishment!!

Do you all want some extra chicken salad for the picnic? It is made with lots of mayo and has only been sitting in our 85 degree weather for the last 8 hours or so.

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 02:33 PM

And would key lime pie be ok? I made some last week but still have so more key limes so I can make another batch if you'd like.

Yum! Key Lime Pie - that sounds delightful! Make a few please!

Frisbee golf is fun! But it will have to be a pink frisbee if we want Alex to feel a part of the game!

Who has the cold drinks?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Do you all want some extra chicken salad for the picnic? It is made with lots of mayo and has only been sitting in our 85 degree weather for the last 8 hours or so.

Yeah, um, you can put it into that round container over there - the one that is lined with that large black bag.

Um, Scott, I think the doggies are more interested in chasing the duckies than your tennis balls. Maybe you should set them down and tell them all about Donald and Daisy.

Anyone got a radio? Or maybe Ken will provide us the music on his drums?

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Considering Bret's not here with his super-duper fast cooking grill, burgers will take just a bit longer than the normal 10 seconds.

Frisbee golf is fun! See that tree over there, past the baseball diamond? I call that as our first hole, par four.

Jasper, I may have to pass on that chicken salad that's been in the sun. :sick:

offwego
03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Do you have children? If you do, this little gem of knowledge is on page 6,854,332 of the parent handbook, just after “nervous break down.” LOL I think that's what the other human being that lives with us...not sure but I'm fairly sure it was a child at some point. However he feels strongly about camping as I do so clearly this isn't required.

Did you teach yours how to be tickled without being touched? That's an art form!

Frisbee golf is fun! But it will have to be a pink frisbee if we want Alex to feel a part of the game!

Who has the cold drinks?

Not Jasper apparently. I know the frisbee golf frisbee's come in pink so that's not a big deal. Does anyone know how to set up the course?

Where is this park anyway? It's not a good idea to put it right across from the office. And for those who are wondering my piper never came back. And who knew it was so popular? Go figure!

Jasper
03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Hmmm... a proper kite needs a proper tail?

Hey, we have a toy cat at our house that is in a really sorry state. Could you use the tail from that for the kite?

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Anyone got a radio? Or maybe Ken will provide us the music on his drums?

Weren't you singing for us?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Frisbee golf is fun! See that tree over there, past the baseball diamond? I call that as our first hole, par four.

Oh, you mean that tree out there that has Jenn's kite in it's 'mouth', um, I mean, caught in it's branches?

Not Jasper apparently. I know the frisbee golf frisbee's come in pink so that's not a big deal. Does anyone know how to set up the course?

We'll let Scott and Alex set the course up. They both seem to know a bit about golf. I'm sure they both know what divets are at least! :D

Hey, we have a toy cat at our house that is in a really sorry state. Could you use the tail from that for the kite?

No kitty kats may be harmed in the making of this virtual picnic. Actually, no animals at all may be harmed in the making of this virtual picnic... please try again!

Oh, did you really enjoy my singing that much? Cause I can continue.... :sing: "let's go fly a kite, off to the highest height, let's go fly a kite and send it sooooarrringgg.... off in the atmospher.. off where the air is clear.. let's go... fly a kite!!!!!"

offwego
03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Mikki he doesn't mean Figaro...honest he doesn't. (Jasper run fast! Faster!!)

That was my bagpipe dude friday not Diane!!

Why don't we get Frankie to sing? He's been neglecting us after all.

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Why don't we get Frankie to sing? He's been neglecting us after all.

Yeah, Frankie has been MIA. I sure hope his super secret mission hasn't gotten the best of him. Ken - do you know the super secret code to use to bring Frankie out of hiding?

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Who has the cold drinks?
Didn't I tell you last week that I ALWAYS have cold Coke? I'll look after the bevvies -- I'll even bring some :beer: (If you guys think you can handle the Canadian stuff ;) )

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Didn't I tell you last week that I ALWAYS have cold Coke? I'll look after the bevvies -- I'll even bring some :beer: (If you guys think you can handle the Canadian stuff ;) )

Extra fizz in the Canadian stuff?

Ok, see the slide over there in the playground? That's our second hole, par 3. From there, across the canal that feeds the lake to the bike path sign. Yes, it's long, but it's a par 5. The adventurous may want to try and carry the lake to reach the green in two. I'm going around though. Ok, that's our first 3 holes, good start?

alpro2
03-26-2007, 03:08 PM
.... Did you like the cookies I eventually got around to making?

Yes, very scrumptious Jen, thanks. :thumbsup:

Thank you Mikki, that is so nice of you, Pilgrim.

Do you think a fare increase is in order?

And I was trying at first to see what Pilgrims has to do with dogs...but maybe it's chickens?

The chicken was stapled to the Pilgrims.

I have a pink frisbee for frisbee golf.

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Extra fizz in the Canadian stuff?

Ok, see the slide over there in the playground? That's our second hole, par 3. From there, across the canal that feeds the lake to the bike path sign. Yes, it's long, but it's a par 5. The adventurous may want to try and carry the lake to reach the green in two. I'm going around though. Ok, that's our first 3 holes, good start?

Scott, I know this is a virtual picnic, but having us CARRY the lake.. well, that's being a bit too far fetched - don't you think?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
No kitty kats may be harmed in the making of this virtual picnic. Actually, no animals at all may be harmed in the making of this virtual picnic... please try again"

Actually, that was a stuffed cat, not a real one. I would never hurt a poor little kitty on purpose. However, I know some dogs that I might consider doing in! Ok, even though I really want to shut up that noisy neighbor dog, I will settle for using earplugs.

offwego
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Do you think a fare increase is in order?

Yes! Oh wait that's not for me?

Scott dear I suspect Jenn's concerned with the extra alchol not the fizz...we make real beer up here in the tundra you know!

So are those burgers ready yet?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Can you use some sun shine and 85 degree weather for the picnic? We have gradually been getting warmer since the middle to end of last week. While I like warm weather as much as anyone, this is a little crazy for the end of March.

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 03:25 PM
So are those burgers ready yet?

Just about Nat! Did anyone bring the buns? Ketchup? Mustard? Hey - where'd these t-bone steaks come from?

offwego
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Actually, that was a stuffed cat, not a real one. I would never hurt a poor little kitty on purpose. However, I know some dogs that I might consider doing in! Ok, even though I really want to shut up that noisy neighbor dog, I will settle for using earplugs.

Did we already pass the question ammendment?

offwego
03-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey - where'd these t-bone steaks come from?

Cows? Not the chickens I'm pretty sure.

Jasper
03-26-2007, 03:39 PM

Uh, sure, I remember it passing don’t you? That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!

Anyone got a cold drink handy?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Cows? Not the chickens I'm pretty sure.

Could they be from Drummer Boy's Discount Butcher Shop? I heard there had been some high quality road kill after the weekend so I imagine he has a lot to offer this morning!! LOL

Mickey'sGirl
03-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Could they be from Drummer Boy's Discount Butcher Shop? I heard there had been some high quality road kill after the weekend so I imagine he has a lot to offer this morning!! LOL
Groundhog again Jasper? :sick:

offwego
03-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Uh, sure, I remember it passing don’t you? That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!

Anyone got a cold drink handy?
Jenn but this would work better if you said you already had them. :beer:

BLECH!! Di get them off the grill. And don't let Ken supply the ice cream either!

Oh and do we have tomatoes for the burgers? Hot peppers perhaps?

ElenitaB
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask, the last time I checked in I think we were working on remodeling a nameless someone's house!! Did we do a good job or do we need to recruit reenforcements and finish the job in style?
We ALWAYS do a good job!

Yes... but first I need to remember the cliffhanger! :old: (Jen, the duck joke is now my DS's favorite.)

Anyone wanna join me on a virtual picnic in the park? I've spotted a nice picnic table next to the lake for us. It's even in a shelter. I have some ground beef and some Hidden Valley ranch mix to make Ranch Burgers on the grill... anyone wanna join me? I can bring my Bocce game to play also!
Burgers and bocce... does life get any better than this? :cloud9:

Jasper, so nice of you to join us just to have Figaro get ready to send you to exile. :nono:

Just about everyone is present and accounted for... but where's Frankie? :spy:

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Scott, I know this is a virtual picnic, but having us CARRY the lake.. well, that's being a bit too far fetched - don't you think?

You want to be hungry for the burgers, don't you? ;) Besides, it's a small lake...more of a pond, really. What size constitutes each anyways?

offwego
03-26-2007, 04:06 PM
You want to be hungry for the burgers, don't you? ;) Besides, it's a small lake...more of a pond, really. What size constitutes each anyways?

Lakes and ponds are permanently wet year round. The main difference between a lake and a pond is the size. A lake is usually defined as a body of water large enough to have at least one wind-swept beach; ponds usually are not large enough for winds to blow across the water and create waves to wash away the plants that may be trying to take root. A lake is too deep for rooted plants to grow except near the shore. The deepest lake is Lake Superior, one of the five Great Lakes in the northeastern part of the United States. Lakes are generally composed of fresh water; although one exception is Salt Lake in Salt Lake City, Utah. Often lakes are attached to each other in a chain-like pattern and flow in and out of each other like the Chain-O-Lakes in Wisconsin. Many times, lakes are the source for some rivers. These rivers and lakes often share similar characteristics and habitats.

Lakes and ponds are sometimes classified by the amounts and kinds of organic materials produced and decayed from the processes of photosynthesis and decomposition. Lakes and ponds, where there is a good balance between photosynthesis and decomposition, are said to be oligotrophic. The middle of Lake Michigan can be classified as oligotrophic. When the balance is upset between these two processes, either too much organic material accumulates without getting decomposed adequately or too many bacteria are present and an overabundance of decomposition occurs. Eutrophic lakes and ponds have an abundance of nutrients, and an abundance of decay-causing organisms to break down all the organic material being produced. Their bottoms fill up with rich sediment. Sometimes there are so many bacteria, that oxygen is depleted and the waters become stagnant. Most inland lakes are eutrophic. In dystrophic lakes and ponds there is a lack of decomposition from bacteria and the nutrients build up. Bogs are an example of thick layers of peat moss and other plants building up because very little decay is taking place.

Sorry you asked yet?

And Scott I'm not carrying anything that's decaying!

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Ok, those groundhog t-bones have been properly dispossed of. The burgers are ready! Someone want to bring me a plate?

Ellen - you really know what Bocce is? I wasn't sure if anyone would! We need to make sure the doggies don't mistake our Bocce balls for their tennis balls though.

Um, Nat, thanks for the info on Lakes and ponds. Did you look that up, or did you actually know all that info?

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Sorry you asked yet?

And Scott I'm not carrying anything that's decaying!

Almost. :D

It's a pond. Definitely a pond. And you can go around with me, ok?

Jasper, isn't groundhog almost always, well, "ground"?

offwego
03-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Ellen - you really know what Bocce is? I wasn't sure if anyone would! We need to make sure the doggies don't mistake our Bocce balls for their tennis balls though.

Um, Nat, thanks for the info on Lakes and ponds. Did you look that up, or did you actually know all that info?

Di I'll have you know I sponser a bocce ball award! And I've even gone to the award banquet. However the speeches were not to easy to get. My Italian being limited to well nothing and all. I think they even called it boccefila??

Anyway I have oodles of research things at my fingertips (including a human) so ask away.

Want to know something else? It's best however to stick to boring stuff.

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 04:26 PM

That reminds me of a joke.. what do you call a cow that is laying down? :D

offwego
03-26-2007, 04:29 PM
That reminds me of a joke.. what do you call a cow that is laying down? :D

Ohh ohh I know this one!!
Ground Beef!

Did we find you plates? And have we stopped the groundhog sales yet? Goodness what's her name that used to married to Paul Mcartney and now dances is going to come get us if we keep pushing that stuff you know!

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Anyway I have oodles of research things at my fingertips (including a human) so ask away.

Want to know something else? It's best however to stick to boring stuff.

You have a human at your fingertips? Are you tickling it? Scratching it's back? :D

Want to know something else? Ok, I'll ask away... which came first - the chicken or the egg?

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Ohh ohh I know this one!!
Ground Beef!

Did we find you plates? And have we stopped the groundhog sales yet? Goodness what's her name that used to married to Paul Mcartney and now dances is going to come get us if we keep pushing that stuff you know!

Correct! Do you know this one? What do you call a cow standing on the side of a hill?

No, no one has brought me the plates yet. I think the smell of the cooking groundhog chased everyone away. Umm.. do you mean Heather Mills?

offwego
03-26-2007, 04:37 PM
You have a human at your fingertips? Are you tickling it? Scratching it's back? :D

Ah no it's my trainee remember. I don't think it's good form to tickle someone who's doing all your filing. Or is it? Naw seems mean. And scratching seems not such a good thought either. The whole professional behaviour in the workplace deal.

Correct! Do you know this one? What do you call a cow standing on the side of a hill?

No, no one has brought me the plates yet. I think the smell of the cooking groundhog chased everyone away. Umm.. do you mean Heather Mills?

Is that a side of beef? Yes Heather Mills. I didn't think chickie with one leg was the right way to describe it. And it does appear that Jasper scared us all. In fact me too..I'm running away in about 5 minutes.

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Nope, not a side of beef... it's LEAN beef (get it - the cow is on the side of the hill so it's leaning...)

Well, I guess I am left behind to clean up the mess... Hmmm... who has that number to the Merry Maids? Do you think they will clean up after a virtual picnic at a virtual park?

Jasper
03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Groundhog again Jasper? :sick:

Actually, I didn't see anything that looked like groundhog this weekend. I think that most of what I saw was opposum and one deer. There were also two others that I think were originally somones pets. Since I don't want to offend anyone I won't mention their specie. And before you ask, no, I did not hit any of them I just happened to see them alongside the roads.

You could certainly tell that our weather has changed to the warmer because of the number of critters that were out and about this weekend. However, it was great camping because although the mammels were out, the insects were not.

(reaching into the pantry) Why do some people always seem to have more luck than others?

offwego
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Nope, not a side of beef... it's LEAN beef (get it - the cow is on the side of the hill so it's leaning...)

Well, I guess I am left behind to clean up the mess... Hmmm... who has that number to the Merry Maids? Do you think they will clean up after a virtual picnic at a virtual park?

I don't know but when you find the number you'd better slide it down to Jasper what with all his roadkill issues. Yikes!

So for tommorow can we try to go the whole day with no yucky stuff? I don't want to have to keep using the :sick: smiley!

Jasper
03-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Depends, are you talking about the rodent or the hog that people eat? :D :D

I prefer most of my hogs ground into sausage but I prefer my groundhogs stuffed!!

Jasper
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Lakes and ponds are permanently wet year round. The main difference between a lake and a pond is the size. A lake is usually defined as a body of water large enough to have at least one wind-swept beach; ponds usually are not large enough for winds to blow across the water and create waves to wash away the plants that may be trying to take root. A lake is too deep for rooted plants to grow except near the shore. The deepest lake is Lake Superior, one of the five Great Lakes in the northeastern part of the United States. Lakes are generally composed of fresh water; although one exception is Salt Lake in Salt Lake City, Utah. Often lakes are attached to each other in a chain-like pattern and flow in and out of each other like the Chain-O-Lakes in Wisconsin. Many times, lakes are the source for some rivers. These rivers and lakes often share similar characteristics and habitats.

Lakes and ponds are sometimes classified by the amounts and kinds of organic materials produced and decayed from the processes of photosynthesis and decomposition. Lakes and ponds, where there is a good balance between photosynthesis and decomposition, are said to be oligotrophic. The middle of Lake Michigan can be classified as oligotrophic. When the balance is upset between these two processes, either too much organic material accumulates without getting decomposed adequately or too many bacteria are present and an overabundance of decomposition occurs. Eutrophic lakes and ponds have an abundance of nutrients, and an abundance of decay-causing organisms to break down all the organic material being produced. Their bottoms fill up with rich sediment. Sometimes there are so many bacteria, that oxygen is depleted and the waters become stagnant. Most inland lakes are eutrophic. In dystrophic lakes and ponds there is a lack of decomposition from bacteria and the nutrients build up. Bogs are an example of thick layers of peat moss and other plants building up because very little decay is taking place.
!

That's what I thought the difference was between the two!!! You know, I bet this will come up in conversation at the next cocktail party I attend (not!!)

So, with all of what you said, can you tell me how the people down the road from us decided to name their little puddle of water Lake Henry? The entire body of water is only about 30 feet across and no more than 5 feet deep at the middle!

dlpmikki
03-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow, you guys made up for lost time over the weekend!

Does England have a consitution or is it a Charter? Will this impact our negoations?

We have the Magna Carta....

Mikki he doesn't mean Figaro...honest he doesn't. (Jasper run fast! Faster!!)

Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. A stuffed cat is even worse than a live one says Figaro. You can not run far enough to escape from his horror at your suggestion. However, I suggest using a super soaker to encourage the noisy dog to wimper instead of bark. Would you prefer that to ear plugs?

Please keep yourselves under control while I go and lie down for the night...... ;)

alpro2
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Ellen - you really know what Bocce is? I wasn't sure if anyone would!

You are kidding right? Did you forget that you are not the only I-talian here in JQ. Me and, um, who was that other person that has been noticeably absent in JQ....Maria! Yes that's her name.

Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. A stuffed cat is even worse than a live one says Figaro. You can not run far enough to escape from his horror at your suggestion.

Looks like I am out of Mikki's "DOG House"! :D Thanks Jasper. :thumbsup:

Nascfan
03-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Looks like I am out of Mikki's "DOG House"! :D Thanks Jasper. :thumbsup:

Jasper's in the cat house! Jasper's in the cat house!
Think we're safe for a little while Alex? ;)

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Have I been posting on the wrong site ??? None of my words of wisdom have been showing up. Must have been that last double secret agent assignment. I must have been in the double secret agent parallel universe and didn't even realize it until my laptop battery ran down, I ran out out pork rinds and had to make a quick trip to the double secret agent supply depot. :cool:

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Hmm... a name? How about "Frankie"? My thinking - the monitor checks my heart as it throbs - and Frankie was a major heart throb back in his day... what do you think?

Did I mention that my name has a copyright ??? I do take royalties though.

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Ok Ken, you have guilted me into changing the name of my monitor... from hence forth, in Ken's honor it will be called "Frankie Drummerboy". There - does that put a smile on your face?

I could never share as a child. Do you think I have changed now that I am a teenager ???

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Wonder what Frankies might look like. Any ideas?

Where would you like me to send the 8X10 glossies ??? They are cheaper by the 100. Autographs are slightly more expensive. But they will be worth it when I am rich and famous.

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I have no details....I have only heard that he has award winning legs. Everytime I think of it I have a mental image of "The Old Man" opening his "Major Award" in "A Christmas Story". Do you think Frankie's legs light up?

Details are in the INTERCOT Vault. Did you know that only one leg lights up ??? Too much voltage if both were wired !!!

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
I recall it was some thing about the 'hairiest legs'? How well would that go with a Tink outfit? :sick:

Don't you know that leotards can hide a lot ???

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Why am I the only one posting ??? I show up and everyone heads for the hills ??? I did take a shower on Saturday !!! Always on the fourth Saturday of the month !!!

trackbarroness
03-26-2007, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Beast_fanatic;1235017]Sure! Hubby isn't sure he wants to ride Space Mountain this time around though. We had a rough ride last time around. But, I will! Are you going to post your schedule when it comes time so we know when you'll be there? That's assuming that you're still on SM in October.

Will do Rhonda :thumbsup: The thing is I don't know what rotation I'm in on any given day. Even if he doesn't want to ride he can wait down stairs for you at unload err I mean where you get off the train. :D Do you suppose JohnY will be willing to ride Space Mountain also? :cool:

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
So, I wasn't able to find the leg pics of the great competition, but I found this pic of Frankie and Ken (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1104777003027495723utFFaS). Of course, Frankie (seated) is wearing a disguise due to his double secret agent requirements. Do you think those were even really his own legs? Maybe they were "enhanced" due to the disguise.

Do I look younger now than I did then ??? I guess my question is, "Was the surgery worth it ???"

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Do you mean Frankie's not scared of anything or that we're all scared of Frankie? I think we need a catchy name for our Peep S'mores. Anybody want to help? I'd say PeepMores, but somebody might think that's just talking about Frankie being a masher. Shouldn't they make them in Sheep shapes and call them 'Little-Bo-Peeps'?

Which question would you like to answer first ???

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Do you think Frankie might come back from his secret missions to keep us company?

Maybe if we get him to teach us how to make gumbo?

With or without okra ???

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Does anyone else thinks that Frankie sent Ed in here to spy on us? :spy: Or is he trying to drum up support for the next best legs contest?

Did you notice which one of the Ten Ed's made an appearance ???

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Nobby knees!?!?! I'll have you know that I have cute knees. In fact, I am gunning for Frankie's best legs title.

Didnt you hear the news ??? Leg contests have been permanently banned at the POLY and the trophy has mysteriously disappeared.

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:46 PM
By the way, I want to amend the constitution for the Just Questions thread. Chapter 88, sub-part L line 33 should read "If a single post contains more than one question the poster gets credit for any more than one question which can be used to avoid having to ask a question in later threads" How many states do we have to get to approve this before it will take affect?

Good try, but this trick was tried back in the Great Filibuster of '26. Can you guess the outcome then ???

pjbs35a
03-26-2007, 09:49 PM
I will be retiring to the TV for the evening to watch my LSU Lady Tigers. The score now is LSU - 34, UCONN - 19.

Can someone give me a wake up call at 5:21 am ???

alpro2
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Boy...somebody's head must be swelled. Didn't realize that we talked about Frankie so much. Absence makes the, ahem, (heart) grow.....yonder?

Beast_fanatic
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM

Sorry, no amendments of the questions rule in this case. :nono: And, yes, I noticed your violation earlier today. :nono:

I love burgers on the barbie...

I always thought burgers were better on hamburger buns than on Barbie dolls. :confused:

Does anyone know how to set up the course?

There's a Frisbee golf course in the park adjacent to my neighborhood.

Why am I the only one posting ??? I show up and everyone heads for the hills ??? I did take a shower on Saturday !!! Always on the fourth Saturday of the month !!!

Frankie, have you not been introduced to the multi-quote feature yet? It's very handy. :thumbsup:

Jasper
03-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Jasper's in the cat house! Jasper's in the cat house!
Think we're safe for a little while Alex? ;)

If it weren't for the fact that this is a family web site, I would remind you all about why it is not necessarily a bad thing to be in a certain kind of cat house!!!:thumbsup: :D

Sorry, I forgot to add a question. Are ya'll gonna beat me up again because I forgot?

drummerboy
03-26-2007, 11:42 PM
[Catches breath after running through several pages]

Ok, even though I really want to shut up that noisy neighbor dog, I will settle for using earplugs.
I fail to see how giving the dog earplugs will help your problem. :confused:

You haven't even passed step one: Passing it in every hamlet in town in the continental U.S. before you send it for state votes, not to mention the international thing.

We're having some might fine specials on venison this week...

BLECH!! Di get them off the grill. And don't let Ken supply the ice cream either!

Oh and do we have tomatoes for the burgers? Hot peppers perhaps?
Did somebody order our special tomato/hot pepper sundae?

We have the Magna Carta....

I thought that was the big road atlas?

Must have been that last double secret agent assignment. I must have been in the double secret agent parallel universe and didn't even realize it until my laptop battery ran down, I ran out out pork rinds and had to make a quick trip to the double secret agent supply depot. :cool:
Q (QQ in the parallel universe) is most upset that you did not use the proper requesitions before you raided the supply depot. I believe that may have an effect on your next assignment.

Good try, but this trick was tried back in the Great Filibuster of '26. Can you guess the outcome then ???
Global warming?

So anyway--Why did the chicken cross the road? To show the possum it could be done.
(Which reminds me, DDBS is having a special on ground possum this week too.)

You may now resume your regularly scheduled programming.