PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Follow the Green Bunny

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

trackbarroness
03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Sounds great all, can we also since we're in Tomorrowland ride Space Mountain also? :D PLease, please pretty please after we ride TTA of course. :D Then can we go ride hmm Speedway? :D Okay how about Pirates or hear the :thedolls: song? :D Or Snow White's Scary adventure, or Peter Pan's Flight? Oh JP we need to figure out what rides to go on whilst your here dude for real. :thumbsup:

drummerboy
03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
OK, Frankie, WDWDriver (Ron), yours truly, and I think Ray, were the contestants. I think Frankie put the fix in before I got there (there were cookie-crumb trails all over the place). I think he's afraid to have a rematch (he knows I've been getting in shape for it and claims to have "retired" from competition.)

So, anybody else have leftover smorgasbord for supper?

Beast_fanatic
03-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Frankie won best male legs at an intercot meet some time back. I know he beat out Ian but not sure who else. Jen do you remember?

As Ken stated, Ian was not a participant.

I recall it was some thing about the 'hairiest legs'? How well would that go with a Tink outfit? :sick:

It was just the "best legs" contest. I believe it was only open to men over 50, and Frankie, Ron (WDWDriver) and Ken were the only participants (Ken was late and ended up in a separate photo).

I may still have the photos hanging around somewhere. Anyone interested in seeing them if I can find them?

dlpmikki
03-09-2007, 02:06 AM

It was just the "best legs" contest. I believe it was only open to men over 50, and Frankie, Ron (WDWDriver) and Ken were the only participants (Ken was late and ended up in a separate photo).

I may still have the photos hanging around somewhere. Anyone interested in seeing them if I can find them?

YES!!!!!! :D :D :D

Anyone else? :blush:

drummerboy
03-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Now why would you want to do that to your JQ friends? :jaw: :eyes: :eek2:

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 08:44 AM
OK, Frankie, WDWDriver (Ron), yours truly, and I think Ray, were the contestants. I think Frankie put the fix in before I got there (there were cookie-crumb trails all over the place). I think he's afraid to have a rematch (he knows I've been getting in shape for it and claims to have "retired" from competition.)

It was my plan to ask for someone to post "The Legend of Frankie's "Award Winning" Legs". Thanks for looking after this Ken. ;)
Rhonda -- share 'em if you got 'em!

Why is monosyllabic a polysyllabic word?

disneydrmr
03-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Good morning again! If those photos will provide a laugh - then YES! Please do post them! I could use all the laughs that are out there! So, what's on the agenda for today?

offwego
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM

I'm sorry...I must have had WDWdriver and WDWwacky confused in my head still at that point somehow. I don't think I had been around for long at that point. But I would like to see the photo's

Good morning again! If those photos will provide a laugh - then YES! Please do post them! I could use all the laughs that are out there! So, what's on the agenda for today?

Mostly paperwork..Anything interesting for you?

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
He's embarassed...he doesn't like getting his hair cut. They put a shamrock patterned bandana on him and all. He's :humph: at the moment!

Now that's just funny! I can so see him all in a huff! :laughing:

Hey, if I forget, have a GREAT trip to Disney World!

Rhonda, if you've got pics of the leg contest, do share!

Is everyone having a good Friday? I can't wait for homemade spaghetti sauce tomorrow! :D

Christine
03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Now that's just funny! I can so see him all in a huff! :laughing:

Hey, if I forget, have a GREAT trip to Disney World!

This morning, I went to kiss Mickey and he very slowly turned his head away. When I backed up, he slowly put his head back where it was. I tried again, he slowly turned away. Not only has he learned to pout, he's learned to be passive agressive!:D

Speaking of my trip, (and Di, I actually had thought of this even before I saw your post:D ) what do you all want me to bring back for you???

(I will take no part in kidnapping, so Rhonda-don't say Beast, Mikki and Jenn-don't say Mickey, Di-don't say Stitch, and guys, I will abduct no princesses...now if DH manages to wrangle one or two out, you can talk to him about it!)

offwego
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Christine how about say a dole whip? Since kidnapping is out and all.

Or just some fun trip reports? We like those!!

Jasper
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Jasper...oh sorry, he see this on account of all the dust I've left him in the race to 3000!

Yeah, but don't forget that you are leaving soon and then who has the advantage?

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
This morning, I went to kiss Mickey and he very slowly turned his head away. When I backed up, he slowly put his head back where it was. I tried again, he slowly turned away. Not only has he learned to pout, he's learned to be passive agressive!:D

Speaking of my trip, (and Di, I actually had thought of this even before I saw your post:D ) what do you all want me to bring back for you???

Oh Christine, you're killing me! I love dogs and when they pout, they're so funny!

I want some good trip reports and a picture of the three of you with Tigger. Can you do that?

Jasper
03-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh Christine, you're killing me! I love dogs and when they pout, they're so funny!

If it is funny when dogs pout, then why is it not funny when women pout? Men, I am sure you know the answer to this one, don't you? :D :D

Christine
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Oh man! It wasn't until I saw Jasper quote me in #262 why Scott would say my trash talk needed work! I forgot the word "can't" ...that Jasper CAN'T see this...

No wonder you were not impressed, Scott! Shame on me...if I have learned anything at all, it is that I WILL proof my posts if they contain trash talking!!
:D

Keep the souvenir lists coming...I will do my best! Anyone else?

offwego
03-09-2007, 11:12 AM
If it is funny when dogs pout, then why is it not funny when women pout? Men, I am sure you know the answer to this one, don't you? :D :D

Cause it's cute? And adorable? And effective? (and if you don't think any of that is true we need to teach your wife how to pout better)

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Keep the souvenir lists coming...I will do my best! Anyone else?
I picture under "the big ball" (Spaceship Earth) -- smiles only! :D
I just got an e-mail from my DS. I'm now sad :( Anyone have a tissue...or a spare 8 yr old they can lend me to pummel me with questions for the next hour?

Christine
03-09-2007, 11:22 AM
I just got an e-mail from my DS. I'm now sad :( Anyone have a tissue...or a spare 8 yr old they can lend me to pummel me with questions for the next hour?

I will get you that picture.

(handing over a whole box of tissues) when will your guys be home? I think you and Euan are going to be a bit swollen-eyed by the time they get home! Hang in there!!! :hug:

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I will get you that picture.

(handing over a whole box of tissues) when will your guys be home? I think you and Euan are going to be a bit swollen-eyed by the time they get home! Hang in there!!! :hug:
Actually -- Euey is quite comfortable with things today.....Didn't even ask!! Oh to be 3 and have the world at my fingertips!! What a wimp I am -- They are having fun...and that's the important part! I'm thinking of exposing Euan to Thai food at dinner tonight. Whatcha think?

Christine
03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Actually -- Euey is quite comfortable with things today.....Didn't even ask!! Oh to be 3 and have the world at my fingertips!! What a wimp I am -- They are having fun...and that's the important part! I'm thinking of exposing Euan to Thai food at dinner tonight. Whatcha think?

Glad he's feeling better...you will too!
My thoughts on the Thai food experiment...I'm not three years old and I am not sure I could do it! To quote Jerry Seinfeld..."Good luck with all that!"

I've got a busy weekend planned...
Today I will get my hair cut and colored (finally!!), then get some stuff gathered up to take to a friend's garage sale in the morning (last minute Disney money!!)

Tomorrow, I will work with her at the sale until 11, then go watch DD's soccer game at 11:30, then back to the sale to clean up (and hopefully spend the next HOUR counting up all that moola!) :D

Then Sunday is laundry and packing, and Monday we head to DFW! Can't wait!

What's on everyone else's agenda this weekend???

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 11:34 AM

Because if we laughed at them while they were pouting, well, :boxing: you get the idea. ;)

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry you're missing Harry. :hug: Are they having fun though?

drummerboy
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Having raised two daughters, I've had enough prencesses to last for a while thanks. Other souvenirs? Hmmm. How about a nice Mickey dress shirt?

Lat night I took a grand tour of the work DW and DD1 have been doing at DD1's house. They've even been doing compound-angle ceiling moulding. Of course it was interesting to see my power mitre saw set up on the dining room table. So far all fingers are intact.

offwego
03-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I just got an e-mail from my DS. I'm now sad :( Anyone have a tissue...or a spare 8 yr old they can lend me to pummel me with questions for the next hour? I'm sorry. I only have an 11 year old. However he does have questions on his dinner party. How are you at setting up social events?

Having raised two daughters, I've had enough prencesses to last for a while thanks. Other souvenirs? Hmmm. How about a nice Mickey dress shirt?

Lat night I took a grand tour of the work DW and DD1 have been doing at DD1's house. They've even been doing compound-angle ceiling moulding. Of course it was interesting to see my power mitre saw set up on the dining room table. So far all fingers are intact.
Did the mitre saw get your fingers Ken? What exactly are the "prencesses" that have so worn you down?

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry. I only have an 11 year old. However he does have questions on his dinner party. How are you at setting up social events?
Actually -- Harry had to list two things his mother did really well on a mother's day project for school last year -- One was make Chocolate Chip Cookies, and the other was throw a party! I laughed out loud!

Ken -- don't you have some new princesses in waiting to enjoy now that you have Granddaughters?

drummerboy
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Did the mitre saw get your fingers Ken? What exactly are the "prencesses" that have so worn you down?
I see that you don't have your copy of DDCASS (Drummerboy's Discount Compendium of Acceptable Spelling Substitutes). Page 974 gives 'Prencess' and 'Brincess' as acceptable substitutes for 'Princess'. The compendium was compiled especially with fast-typing internet communications in mind. (Also, have I shown you this nice bridge I've got for sale?)

I guess I do have to princesses-in-waiting, don't I? Speaking of which, looks like PIW no. two's brother will be going on her 'solo' trip with her in October. I told DW we need to have them both here for some extended stays beforehand. I'd hate to have to leave WDW in mid-stay because of homesickness.

disneydrmr
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Christine - since you are against kidnapping - could you just tell Disney that you need to borrow Stitch for a day or so to cheer up an overstressed friend? Guys - my heart is racing a mile a minute and I'm just sitting here. It feels like it's gonna thump right out of my chest. I think I'll go find a quiet phone and play my monitor for the company to see what they say...

offwego
03-09-2007, 12:42 PM
(Also, have I shown you this nice bridge I've got for sale?)

I guess I do have to princesses-in-waiting, don't I? Speaking of which, looks like PIW no. two's brother will be going on her 'solo' trip with her in October. I told DW we need to have them both here for some extended stays beforehand. I'd hate to have to leave WDW in mid-stay because of homesickness.
Must have missed that page. It was just the finger missing bit that got me since I do that myself quite often. And did you know you can sell bridges??

Now the grandson was three or so wasn't he? That could be fun indeed.

Christine - since you are against kidnapping - could you just tell Disney that you need to borrow Stitch for a day or so to cheer up an overstressed friend? Guys - my heart is racing a mile a minute and I'm just sitting here. It feels like it's gonna thump right out of my chest. I think I'll go find a quiet phone and play my monitor for the company to see what they say...

Di I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do to help? Aside from borrowing Stitch?

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I think I'll go find a quiet phone and play my monitor for the company to see what they say... Di -- you should go to the doctor's again -- monitor or not. One's heart should not be thumping out of her chest. Ask a co-worker to take you -- you probably shouldn't drive.

Now the grandson was three or so wasn't he? That could be fun indeed. Hey -- I even offered playdates with my 3 yr old! Oooh man -- a 3 yr old will surely provide a different atmosphere for a Disney vacation -- On your mark! Get set! Go (non stop for as long as you are there!).

I need a question..... (reaching) Why did the chicken cross the road?..... not that one again!?

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I see that you don't have your copy of DDCASS (Drummerboy's Discount Compendium of Acceptable Spelling Substitutes). Page 974 gives 'Prencess' and 'Brincess' as acceptable substitutes for 'Princess'. The compendium was compiled especially with fast-typing internet communications in mind. (Also, have I shown you this nice bridge I've got for sale?)

Is that in Section 24, Subsection B-3, Paragraph 7?

Yes, I think you should do that too. I'm quite the concerned about that. Let us know....

Beast_fanatic
03-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Anyone here get migraines? I apparently have one. I've have a nasty headache for 2 days, so I went to the doctor and he said that's what he thought it was. Or, it could be a sinus infection. He told me to try Excedrin Migraine, and if that doesn't help then to fill a prescription for some sinus medicine that he wrote for me, and if that still didn't work then call him and he'll call in a prescription for an antibiotic. :rolleyes:

So, I wasn't able to find the leg pics of the great competition, but I found this pic of Frankie and Ken (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1104777003027495723utFFaS). Of course, Frankie (seated) is wearing a disguise due to his double secret agent requirements. Do you think those were even really his own legs? Maybe they were "enhanced" due to the disguise.

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Oooh man -- a 3 yr old will surely provide a different atmosphere for a Disney vacation -- On your mark! Get set! Go (non stop for as long as you are there!).

Until they fall asleep. :D

"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

What's with these chicken questions?

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Why did the Dinosaur cross the road?

Good thing we don't have Alektorophobia!:mickey:

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Rhonda, I've got a friend who suffers from migraines and they put her down for at least a day or so when one hits.
I certainly sympathize. I hope the meds do the trick.
Cool pics! I browsed the whole album, that's ok isn't it?

disneydrmr
03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm back. Monitor company didn't tell me to go anywhere... I'm sitting here taking deep, cleansing breaths and thinking happy Stitch thoughts. It's settling down a bit so I'll wait it out. Great pic of Frankie and Ken! Frankie ain't nothing like I thought he'd be. Isn't it funny how you get an idea in your head as to what you think someone looks like. We should all post a picture of ourselves at some point so we all know what each other looks like.
Rhonda, hope your migrane goes away... I get headaches quite often due to my neck (I think I have a nerve or something in there that is a bit difficult to get along with) so I can feel your pain. Lie down if you can in a dark, quiet room.

Why did the alien cross the road? (is someone on a road trip?)

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm back. Monitor company didn't tell me to go anywhere... Why did the alien cross the road? (is someone on a road trip?)
OK for now.....

You answer my dinosaur question then I'll answer your alien question. OK?

disneydrmr
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM
OK for now.....

You answer my dinosaur question then I'll answer your alien question. OK?

Ok, the dinosaur crossed the road because he discovered he went to MGM Studios instead of Animal Kingdom and he didn't want to be late for work! :D He knew he'd look silly working MGM Studios in his safari outfit! ;)

So, you gonna answer my question now?

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Ok, the dinosaur crossed the road because he discovered he went to MGM Studios instead of Animal Kingdom and he didn't want to be late for work! :D He knew he'd look silly working MGM Studios in his safari outfit! ;)

So, you gonna answer my question now?
Good attempt! :thumbsup:

NO.....the Chicken hadn't evolved yet!

The alien crossed the road to give the stressed out red-head a hug. Final answer.

I'll have to look at the pics from home....are they funny?

drummerboy
03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Is that in Section 24, Subsection B-3, Paragraph 7?
Yes, you could also spell that paragraf 7 (see paragraph 8, subparagraf ii).

Anyone here get migraines? I apparently have one.

I've had a few over the years. Are you extremely sensitive to light? That's often one sign that it's migraine. Sometimes lying still in a dark room can help. Sounds more like sinus.

Did you have to subject your fellow JQ's to that photo? Now the rest of them will have migraines. Actually, I'm under deep cover in the photo as well. In fact, it was my body double as well as Frankie's, since we were both on double hush top secret assignment in Falulaganistanople at the time. I'm glad to say we averted a near-certain diplomatic disaster on that one.

Beast_fanatic
03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Cool pics! I browsed the whole album, that's ok isn't it?

Absolutely! You're welcome to browse any of my albums.

Yes, you could also spell that paragraf 7 (see paragraph 8, subparagraf ii).

Could you spell that last part subparagraph aye-aye?

I've had a few over the years. Are you extremely sensitive to light? That's often one sign that it's migraine. Sometimes lying still in a dark room can help. Sounds more like sinus.

I was really sensitive to light and sound yesterday. The flourescents and noise at work were killing me. Today, I'm at home so I don't have those same issues. I tried sleeping longer both yesterday and today, but my headache was bothering me too much to sleep any more. :( It seems slightly better since I've taken the Excedrin migraine, but I'm going to go lay down here in a few minutes to see if that will help more.

Did you have to subject your fellow JQ's to that photo?

They wanted to see the award winning legs, but I apparently deleted that photo, so this was the next best thing. I actually searched for Frankie and Ken on webshots and found some other pics from the same meet in other's albums. I think I also found your true identities (http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/3306/1012380248014612643S600x600Q85.jpg).

Jasper
03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Cause it's cute? And adorable? And effective? (and if you don't think any of that is true we need to teach your wife how to pout better)

What's wrong with this thing? I didn't make that question did I? Really, you don't need to speak to my wife, I promise!!!:D :D :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I was really sensitive to light and sound yesterday. The flourescents and noise at work were killing me. Today, I'm at home so I don't have those same issues. I tried sleeping longer both yesterday and today, but my headache was bothering me too much to sleep any more. :( It seems slightly better since I've taken the Excedrin migraine, but I'm going to go lay down here in a few minutes to see if that will help more.
I hope you feel better Rhonda! Would you like a wake up call?

Jasper
03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm thinking of exposing Euan to Thai food at dinner tonight. Whatcha think?

I think this is a wonderful idea! I think more parents should start early in exposing their children to a variety of foods. My experience has been that if you do that at an early age and don't make a big deal out of it then by the time they grow up they are willing to eat most things. Of course you have to be careful to start with milder forms of the food and work your way up.

You didn't notice that I forgot my question did you?

Jasper
03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
true identities (http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/3306/1012380248014612643S600x600Q85.jpg).

Don't let this go on too long without seeing a doctor. You especially need to see a doctor if it makes you sick to your stomach:ack: or if you start blacking out!

Why did the frog cross the road?

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Why did the frog cross the road?
He was stuck on the chicken's foot?

drummerboy
03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Could you spell that last part subparagraph aye-aye?

Absolootly.

Remember what just happened to Scooter? There could be some serious repercussions for divulging mine and Frankie's secret hush hush top double-deceptive identities. Fortunately, you didn't disclose which was which.

disneydrmr
03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Hmmmm... I opened this to reply.. got a phone call from a customer.. now I've forgotten what I was gonna say....

I guess I better just reach onto the shelf...

"Where did all this road kill come from?"

offwego
03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Rhonda you may also want to try increasing your caffine intake when you take the migrane meds it's supposed to help.

And way cool pics!!

Di seriously you should really get that checked out. Don't play around with this ok?

And Jenn cool jokes! and go for the Thai thing for sure. What's not to like about a cuisine that loves peanuts?

My ds has been eating curries, chinese dim sum, sushi etc forever. He gets just mortified when they try to give him chicken fingers!

He had the most amazing koren style beef the other weekend but the waitress almost didn't want to give it to him.

Oh well. And Ken just because Rhonda hasn't fessed up yet doesn't mean she won't.

Jasper I'd be happy to speak with your wife at any point on any of those little matters. No charge even.

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 02:37 PM
And Jenn cool jokes! and go for the Thai thing for sure. What's not to like about a cuisine that loves peanuts?Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. :D

My ds has been eating curries, chinese dim sum, sushi etc forever. He gets just mortified when they try to give him chicken fingers! That's what I figure -- they'll eat samosa's and sushi and doubles (Ever have a double from a west indian shop? Bring em on!).. Just a basic Pad Thai methinks....

offwego
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. :D
That's what I figure -- they'll eat samosa's and sushi and doubles (Ever have a double from a west indian shop? Bring em on!).. Just a basic Pad Thai methinks....

Roti yes a double no. Please elaborate on this item?

DS is also a big fan of spicy which is odd. Where did everyone go?

dlpmikki
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Anyone here get migraines? I apparently have one.
So, I wasn't able to find the leg pics of the great competition, but I found this pic of Frankie and Ken (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1104777003027495723utFFaS). Of course, Frankie (seated) is wearing a disguise due to his double secret agent requirements. Do you think those were even really his own legs? Maybe they were "enhanced" due to the disguise.

Great pictures Rhonda :thumbsup: Frankie doesn't change much year by year - but there were no satsumas under his eyes in your pics ;)

Very sad to see the picture of Mel and Sam - he looked so happy in those pictures. :(

Di - hope the heart is calming down.

Anyone fancy some Hot and Sour Soup?

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Roti yes a double no. Please elaborate on this item?

DS is also a big fan of spicy which is odd. Where did everyone go?
Doubles are two small fried roti-type breads put together with curried chick peas on the inside. Rather more-ish. I like them cold.

My kids don't like spice, but they do like flavour. My dad used to give me a quarter to eat a teaspoon full of horseradish. Was that mean? My mom used to read him the riot act afterwards!

I'll take some hot and sour soup Mikki! Now I really can't wait to view the pics (photos are blocked here).....

Nascfan
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM
My dad used to give me a quarter to eat a teaspoon full of horseradish. Was that mean? My mom used to read him the riot act afterwards!

That you'll do just about anything for a quarter? :D

offwego
03-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Jenn, the british side of you sure comes through in your typing. (more-sih, whilst etc)

Mikki I love hot and sour soup do you have any left?

And yes I did scroll through the rest and the pictures of Sam and Mel were far too cute. :(

Why would Frankie have oranges under his eyes?

ElenitaB
03-09-2007, 04:48 PM
This Speaking of my trip, (and Di, I actually had thought of this even before I saw your post:D ) what do you all want me to bring back for you???
I'm easy... just some nice memory-invoking trip reports.

I'd be glad to share an 11 yr old with you if it would help. Sorry you're blue. Hope that they're having fun. Be sure to have Brian deliver a big hug to John and family from the rest of us.

I'm thinking of exposing Euan to Thai food at dinner tonight. Whatcha think?
I think that's a grand idea. Ben's been picking at my Pad Thai of late. I really enjoy when he's adventurous!

Anyone fancy some Hot and Sour Soup?
Yes, please. Rhonda some of this soup may help clear your sinuses.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. :D
That's what I figure -- they'll eat samosa's and sushi and doubles (Ever have a double from a west indian shop? Bring em on!).. Just a basic Pad Thai methinks....

My ds has been eating curries, chinese dim sum, sushi etc forever. He gets just mortified when they try to give him chicken fingers!
My kind of kid! :thumbsup: So what does he want on the menu for his dinner party? My DS wanted to throw a New Year's party but then I told him he'd have to help clean the living room. It was off when he realilzed he'd have to pitch in. :shake: My theory is if you help make the mess, you help clean up the mess.

Di, how are you feeling? Any better? We're worried about your thumper.

I've had a very frustrating day and now I'm off to rest. I have to do some major PowerPoint work and even write an article but I'm feeling some effects from yesterday's chemo. So I'm off to lie down a bit.

Alex, did you go to the World of Disney?

My question: "You're really serious that that's the end of the line?" (They really need a fast pass system at the Motor Vehicle bureau.)

Jasper
03-09-2007, 05:01 PM
He was stuck on the chicken's foot?

I actually like your answer better than mine. My answer was because Tad poled him to!!:D Get it, tadpole?

Ok, I said yours was better than mine so no throwing things at me!

Jasper
03-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Rhonda you may also want to try increasing your caffine intake when you take the migrane meds it's supposed to help.

Jasper I'd be happy to speak with your wife at any point on any of those little matters. No charge even.

That is interesting about the caffine, it usually gives me a headache. But my body has never been known to react like others!

As for speaking to my wife, I would be glad to have you do that, bu I seem to have forgotten her telephone number and her address. If I ever think of it I will be sure to let you know!

If we are observing daylight SAVING time, why am I even poorer than before?

Christine
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Diane, please see your Dr. or the ER if your heart doesn't stop beating like that, monitor or not! You worry me!

Rhonda, I am right there with ya sister! I have had a headache for two days that won't budge!
Can't sleep, woke up at 4 with it, hurts in my eyes, ears, jaw, and neck. Hope you feel better soon...

I don't want to do this garage sale...anyone interested in working it for me? You can take 15% of the proceeds!!

alpro2
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Boy, another busy day in JQ. I missed a lot of action.

Diane - did your heart start racing when you saw that GQ picture of Ken and Frankie? ;)

Sorry , but I did not make it to the World of Disney today. I think I split the seams of my Tink outfit anyway.

trackbarroness
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Boy, another busy day in JQ. I missed a lot of action.

Diane - did your heart start racing when you saw that GQ picture of Ken and Frankie? ;)

Sorry , but I did not make it to the World of Disney today. I think I split the seams of my Tink outfit anyway.

Well anyway at least you can say you havea Tink outfit/costume. :cool:
Does going to MK count as going to the World of Disney? Or is that a horse of a different color? :cool:
How was everyone's Friday? Mine was busy and full of wonderfull memories. :D

Beast_fanatic
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Absolootly.

Remember what just happened to Scooter?

Scooter who?

There could be some serious repercussions for divulging mine and Frankie's secret hush hush top double-deceptive identities. Fortunately, you didn't disclose which was which.?

I thought that was obvious.

I don't drink caffeine any more, so just taking the pills upped my caffeine intake!

I am feeling somewhat better now. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow without a headache. If I wake up with one, I'm going to get the sinus prescription that the doc gave me filled and give that a go.

drummerboy
03-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Scooter who?

I thought that was obvious.

Scooter Libby. Obvious that you didn't disclose who was who or obvious which was which?

Hope the headache gets gone soon. I still think it's sinus related to last this long. Maybe some Drummerboy Discount Snake Oil will help. I think I have some free samples here in the closet. Ah, here you go. Tell me how it worked when you regain consciousness.

Mickey'sGirl
03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello? Anyone there? knock knock knock

Guess not....

I saw Rhonda's photos -- what fun .. and I can see why Frankie's legs won that Major Award! :mickey:

ElenitaB
03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Where is everyone? I fully expected to come to the thread and find pages and pages to catch up on...

Oh well... took DS to his first tennis lesson this morning (which he enjoyed and he's now signed up for a few weeks). This afternoon we're going to see The Last Mimzy. Looks like it might be good. I'll let y'all know.

Hope everyone is having a fine Saturday!

As we had lunch at Wendy's, my question just has to be "Where's the beef?"

dlpmikki
03-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Where is everyone? I fully expected to come to the thread and find pages and pages to catch up on...

Oh well... took DS to his first tennis lesson this morning (which he enjoyed and he's now signed up for a few weeks). This afternoon we're going to see The Last Mimzy. Looks like it might be good. I'll let y'all know.

Hope everyone is having a fine Saturday!

I was suprised how few posts there were too! Glad you son enjoyed Tennis - I have been playing for over 40 years and still love every minute:D I have a match tomorrow so won't be around here much and a friendly four on monday, but that will probably be when most of the US is still sensibly asleep ;)

Anyone else a tennisaholic?

Beast_fanatic
03-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Obvious that you didn't disclose who was who or obvious which was which?

Of course.

My headache was much better by the time that I went bed last night, but I got up with one again today. I haven't gotten the sinus prescription though as it has been tolerable today.

What shall I have for my afternoon snack?

alpro2
03-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Anyone else a tennisaholic?
Maria plays every Tuesday in a women's league. I am debating whether or not to blow off the dust on my tennis club so I can hit a goal. :D

Glad to hear that your headache is better Rhonda. Any snacks to share with me?

Christine
03-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Just checking in...wow is it quiet!

The garage sale went well this morning. Made just over $110 in 3 hours!

Then went to DD's soccer game and got INCREDIBLY sunburned! They did so well! And guess what? DD always plays defender (no one can get past her...just ask her!), but since they were ahead 8-0, coach let her play up front on offense. And she scored a goal! She was thrilled! Mickey had to call her this afternoon to congratulate her! :mickey2:

What kind of question can I ask that will let me use the :elvis: smiley?
OOooo, I know! "Are you lonesome tonight?"

Mickey'sGirl
03-10-2007, 08:42 PM
"Are you lonesome tonight?" Kinda....DH is still away :blush:. Good for your DD Christine! Good for you and your Fun money for WDW! When do you go? In case I miss you -- have a terrific and safe trip! :mickey:

Christine
03-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Kinda....DH is still away :blush:. Good for your DD Christine! Good for you and your Fun money for WDW! When do you go? In case I miss you -- have a terrific and safe trip! :mickey:

We leave Monday for Dallas (shopping and spend the night) then Tuesday morning we leave DFW bright and early!!! I cannot wait!

When do Brian and Harry get home?

drummerboy
03-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I am debating whether or not to blow off the dust on my tennis club so I can hit a goal. :D Tell you what, let me blow the dust off of my cues and I'll play you best two falls out of three. You on?

Christine
03-11-2007, 10:57 AM
What time is it???

ElenitaB
03-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Is everyone still asleep?

Christine, have a great trip! Say hi to Mickey for us! :wave:

Beast_fanatic
03-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I wish I was still asleep. I do not adjust well to the loss of an hour of sleep! Apparently neither does my hubby since he's taking a nap. :rolleyes:

Do you think it will rain? :rain:

dlpmikki
03-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Have you moved to daytime saving already? I don't think we go till next week or the week after even.

Beast_fanatic
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Yes, we changed over like weeks earlier than usual, and it will be an extra week longer on the other end too (in November).

Have you not heard about the computer issues this has caused? It's been compared to Y2K.

dlpmikki
03-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes, we changed over like weeks earlier than usual, and it will be an extra week longer on the other end too (in November).

Have you not heard about the computer issues this has caused? It's been compared to Y2K.

I saw the posts about issues on the boards. Has the problem been more widespread than that in the US? Why have the dates changed?

Mickey'sGirl
03-11-2007, 06:13 PM
I saw the posts about issues on the boards. Has the problem been more widespread than that in the US? Why have the dates changed?:hi: Mikki! I can't remember how many hundreds of millions of dollars in energy savings are predicted because of these changes -- a total of 4 extra weeks of Daylight Savings. It is such a simple idea -- I hope it has the desired impact!

Now if we could only do something about extending the weekend.... Do you think anyone will go for it?? :mickey:

dlpmikki
03-11-2007, 06:22 PM
:hi: Mikki! I can't remember how many hundreds of millions of dollars in energy savings are predicted because of these changes -- a total of 4 extra weeks of Daylight Savings. It is such a simple idea -- I hope it has the desired impact!

Now if we could only do something about extending the weekend.... Do you think anyone will go for it?? :mickey:

Oh my! Do you think it will work? Even in as small a country as this Scotland has problems with daylight saving compared to the rest of the UK. If we extended it the farmers would not be happy!

I like your idea about the weekend - but then I have 7 day weekends :D

trackbarroness
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Here's one who couldn't for some reason get a lot of sleep last night. :cool: You don't suppose that was besause I was worried about getting to work on time today? :D

ElenitaB
03-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Now if we could only do something about extending the weekend.... Do you think anyone will go for it??
I second that motion.

I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon, but that was because my DS had caught Sandy's inability to fall asleep last night. Mom can't bunk down until DS bunks down.:wait:

Does anyone have any leftover dinner for us?

What happened to the Word Association thread? It's locked and there's no replacement for it! :(

drummerboy
03-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Here's one who couldn't for some reason get a lot of sleep last night. :cool: You don't suppose that was besause I was worried about getting to work on time today? :D
Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

How is everybody? I've been off to see the grandchildren. DGD2 turned six on the seventh and we had a bowling party last evening. I still can't bowl worth a flip.

Beast_fanatic
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Does anyone have any leftover dinner for us?

I have some leftover salad and some apple slices. Would that do?

What happened to the Word Association thread? It's locked and there's no replacement for it! :(

It appears to have been a victim of the DST issue as it was down in the forum with a 2/11 post date. I just posted to it, so hopefully that will bring it back to the top.

ElenitaB
03-11-2007, 10:26 PM
How is everybody? I've been off to see the grandchildren. DGD2 turned six on the seventh and we had a bowling party last evening. I still can't bowl worth a flip.
How much is a flip worth? More or less than a pageboy? (BTW, happy belated bday to the DGD.)

I have some leftover salad and some apple slices. Would that do?
That sounds lovely... but I ended up ordering us take-out. Bad mommy! :nono: Tomorrow it's back to the new eating plan for me, but I must get to the grocery store!

So glad to see the Word Association thread back... all is right with the world again. Can you tell it's the little things that make me happy? :crazy:

Why does it feel too early to go to bed?

drummerboy
03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Did anybody else have leftover birthday cake for breakfast this morning?

alpro2
03-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi all. I am down in Charleston. Hanging out till Thursday. Hey Ken...is this you neck of the woods? Thought I saw somebody that looked like you. He didn't have a pony tail, so I didn't say "hi" (just in case..you never know).

Christine
03-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Okay, I know I sound like a baby, and I am really trying to keep my cool and realize that in the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal.

BUT...

My gallbladder issues are still kicking (I have pretty much settled on the fact that I can either feel bad here or at WDW, but it still stinks.)

My headaches are still plugging away (must be allergy/sinus related...I can see the "green stuff" aka pollen blowing in the wind).

I started packing today (which of course couldn't begin until I conquered the mountains of laundry first). I gathered all the important goodies (tickets, etc), I got everybody's little ziplocs packed, etc, etc, etc.

My plan was to have it all done tonight so that as soon as me and DD get up tomorrow, we can throw our toiletries in the bag after dressing and head to Dallas to shop all day, then get to the hotel to fly to Orlando tomorrow.

BUT NO! My stupid crown is coming off my tooth, so I need to see if I can get into the dentist tomorrow and get a temp. job done to get me through the week (DH couldn't resist teasing me that I will not be getting my traditional caramel nut apple now! :( )

Again, I know it sounds like much ado about nothing, but dang it, I am getting frustrated!!

So, how many of you are giving me one of these :nopity: right about now?? ;)

dlpmikki
03-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Christine, I hope you get everything sorted enough to have an enjoyable trip! :pixie:

How are the time changes going for you all today?

drummerboy
03-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi all. I am down in Charleston. Hanging out till Thursday. Hey Ken...is this you neck of the woods? Thought I saw somebody that looked like you. He didn't have a pony tail, so I didn't say "hi" (just in case..you never know).
Gotta go further north on US 17 to get to my neck of the woods (in NC). BTW, I don't have the goatee any more. You should have said hi anyway, we're friendly in the south. :mike:

I 'spect we've all had those kinds of times. Might as well get all the icky stuff done at once though, eh? Hope it all comes together and you have a wonderful time.

Mmmf.:coffee: :alarm:

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Mmmf.:coffee: :alarm: :ditto:

My older Brittany, Rory, has decided to catch spring fever --- so in addition to the time change lack of sleepies -- I also had to contend with his half hourly moaning to go out for a sniff..... I'm exhausted! My other problem is that I now get Turner Classic Movies -- and I am a bit of an addict.... last night it was Benny Goodman followed by Glenn Miller -- how can a girl resist that?

Safe journey Christine! I hope you get all patched up so that you can enjoy your holiday!! :mickey:

offwego
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Mmmf.:coffee: :alarm:

Much like this. We went away for the weekend to my in-laws which I don't think helped. I could not sleep last night at all.

Christine I hope you get everything all fixed up before you go. (well of course except the gall bladder).

Does anyone have extra coffee??

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have extra coffee??
I was hoping you did! :hi: Nat! I LOVE your Avatar! I don't even have my stars yet :( . I think I'll keep my current avatar and just add my name...
Alex -- Do they have good cookies down in Charleston?

offwego
03-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry not really Jenn. I have gasp eek water on my desk at the moment.

The blue stars are cute aren't they? I like the avatar too. I'm sure they will find you Jenn...I too couldn't figure out how they would but they did.

Are the guys back yet? We were up in your neck of the woodsish on the weekend (Barrie and Mississauga and Oakville at least). A whirlwind visit of family and friends. I did get to go to starbucks though so it's all good.

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
The guys are en route to the airport according to my e-mail. They'll be home tonight. The weather co-operated with your travels by car this weekend! :thumbsup: . Did you stock up on your Komodo Dragon? :coffee:

offwego
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Did you stock up on your Komodo Dragon? :coffee:

No we only went via a drive thru (and I like to be sure they grind it fresh so don't buy it that way). I'm glad they are coming back though.

Did Euan like thai food?

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Did Euan like thai food?I couldn't convince him to try the green curry -- but he enjoyed the Shrimp Pad Thai and rice. I'll get him there eventually!
Anyone else really feeling the affects of this time change? :confused:

Christine
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Okay, I called the dentist this morning.. he is out sick!! So the hygenist told me to go to the drugstore and buy some DenTak, which is a temporary filling/crown adhesive, then she made me an appointment for the day after I get back. So I think I that should be fine.

Jenn, I am glad that the guys will be home tonight! I hope they had a good time with John!!

Well, since I can't go to the dentist today, we're packing up the last of it. loading up the :car: and heading to Dallas for a little :shop: and then a good night's sleep before we fly out tomorrow morning for WDW!!

Guess who I get to meet tomorrow??? You'll have to look in my trip reports to find out!!

offwego
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Christine are you going to meet mickey?

Or someone else? glad it all works out.

ElenitaB
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Again, I know it sounds like much ado about nothing, but dang it, I am getting frustrated!!

I have a theory about all this... seems that the proverbial stuff always seems to hit the fan right before one leaves for vacation. I call it "underscoring why one really NEEDS a vacation." Hope everything works out well, particularly the tooth and the gall bladder (the latter better not have the gall to act up while you're away).

Anyone else really feeling the affects of this time change? :confused:
I'm sooooo tired. Can we please order an extra week in the space/time continuum? I really need it right about now.

Guess who I get to meet tomorrow??? You'll have to look in my trip reports to find out!!
Stitch? (Where is Di, by the way?)

So what's for lunch, folks? I didn't make it to the supermarket this morning (I gave DS an extra hour to sleep and drove him to school instead of shipping him off on the bus), so I ordered out for Thai food. (It's your fault, Jenn. ;) )

disneydrmr
03-12-2007, 12:15 PM
:hi: Good afternoon everyone! Welp, you guys chased me out of here Friday. All your concern and care and stuff got me thinking I should run and get it checked (and the fact that I was starting to feel twinges of pain in my arm).. so off to the ER I went. :medic: . Three and a half hours later I knew that it was not a heart attack, nor did they believe I was in danger of having one. They said they don't get too worried about high pulse rates until it's over 100 (which it never did while I was there) They gave me the choice of staying or not. All they would do was monitor my heart rate, which they said since I have the portable monitor I can do that on my own. IF I were to come back though the ER Doct said I would be admitted immediately! They gave me a presciption for Atenenol and said that should help to lower the pulse rate. I was warned by my specialist's office to not have any more caffeine. I think I just need a trip to Disney to ride Everest - that would jolt my heart back to normal - don't you think? ;)

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
So what's for lunch, folks? I didn't make it to the supermarket this morning (I gave DS an extra hour to sleep and drove him to school instead of shipping him off on the bus), so I ordered out for Thai food. (It's your fault, Jenn. ;) )I had left over Thai! Man was it good!!!!!! :eat: :tasty:

I have yet to order in at the new house -- our civic address has changed since acquiring the house -- and I am afraid it would never arrive -- I have had to order and pick-up (which can be a drag)....except on Saturday when it meant that Euan notice the Dairy Queen sign as we were heading out so we stopped and had a Blizzard prior to picking up our dinner (the Thai food). Jealous? :tasty:

How you feeling Ellen?

disneydrmr
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Stitch? (Where is Di, by the way?)

So what's for lunch, folks? I didn't make it to the supermarket this morning (I gave DS an extra hour to sleep and drove him to school instead of shipping him off on the bus), so I ordered out for Thai food. (It's your fault, Jenn. ;) )

Hi Ellen! I was typing my post as your were posting your post! :D So see above to see where I was!

My lunch was leftover spaghetti with homemade spaghetti sauce on it! YUMMM!!!

Hmmm... did I ask a question in my previous post?

offwego
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Well don't my yogurt and apple look boring now?

Di glad it wasn't anything major at the time but safe rather then sorry is so much better.

And yes like you all I'm some tired. I'm hoping to scoot out a little early today and catch up on the z's. Last week and next week have far too many late nights planned for work. Yet another party deal on the 24th.

So guys if your wife takes you out to a business function 2 days before your 40th birthday and it's an open bar thing (or at least you don't pay) does that count? Or do I lose points for leaving him for about 30 minutes while I go present awards and get pictures taken?

Nascfan
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
:hi: everyone! I'm so tired from the time change. Then couldn't get in Intercot this morning, ugh. And on top of that, I'll be out of the office Tuesday through Thursday this week training for the new computer system. What will I do without my JQ fix?

Let me just say, Diane makes the best homemade spaghetti sauce in the world! If anyone wants to dispute that, I'll be happy to be the taste judge. ;) And she and Deb are just like you can imagine the Bobsey Babes are when together. My family and I had a GREAT time visiting on Saturday.

Christine, wow, that's a lot going on before your vacation. It sounds like you have things well in hand, so have a great time!

Jenn, I'm glad your two come home tonight. I know you've missed them. Hope they had fun.

Nascfan
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
So guys if your wife takes you out to a business function 2 days before your 40th birthday and it's an open bar thing (or at least you don't pay) does that count? Or do I lose points for leaving him for about 30 minutes while I go present awards and get pictures taken?

You gain points by him not having to pay, but lose those plus for laving him. How's that? ;)

Cool avatar and blue stars!

offwego
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
:hi: everyone! I'm so tired from the time change. Then couldn't get in Intercot this morning, ugh. And on top of that, I'll be out of the office Tuesday through Thursday this week training for the new computer system. What will I do without my JQ fix?

Let me just say, Diane makes the best homemade spaghetti sauce in the world! If anyone wants to dispute that, I'll be happy to be the taste judge. ;) And she and Deb are just like you can imagine the Bobsey Babes are when together. My family and I had a GREAT time visiting on Saturday.

Christine, wow, that's a lot going on before your vacation. It sounds like you have things well in hand, so have a great time!

Jenn, I'm glad your two come home tonight. I know you've missed them. Hope they had fun.

Sorry your traveling too. You and Alex will have to feel sorry for each other together at some point. That's so cool you got to meet Deb & Di! So are they as funny in person? I'm always a bad guesser at what people will look like so don't normally bother trying.

At least you've put forward a meet idea! A taste test for spaghetti sounds fun. (Except Jenn & I would need to borrow a kitchen somehow)

disneydrmr
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM

:spend: (throwing the tens and twenties Scott's way) Thanks Scott! But if it was that good - why were you crying? ;)

That's so cool you got to meet Deb & Di! So are they as funny in person? I'm always a bad guesser at what people will look like so don't normally bother trying.

At least you've put forward a meet idea! A taste test for spaghetti sounds fun. (Except Jenn & I would need to borrow a kitchen somehow)

Scott's wife took a picture of us all together, so I have to use up the rest of the film, get it developed, then I will attempt to post it on the thread for all to see! I see you didn't ask if Scott is as funny in person? ;)

That would be fun - a meet to taste test spaghetti sauce! We could all just cram into Ken's RV and take turns using the kitchen - though my sauce must simmer at least 8 hours to be good! So one of his burners would be tied up for a while!

Jasper
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh my! Do you think it will work? Even in as small a country as this Scotland has problems with daylight saving compared to the rest of the UK. If we extended it the farmers would not be happy!

You know, I always find this comment to be very interesting because most of the farmers you talk to in our area say that the time on the clock is not that big of a deal because they follow the sun anyway and don't worry about what time the clock shows. But yet when you read articles in the paper and such they always carry on about how the time change is such a hardship to the farmers.

I guess there are just some things we are never meant to understand, right?

Nascfan
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry your traveling too. You and Alex will have to feel sorry for each other together at some point. That's so cool you got to meet Deb & Di! So are they as funny in person? I'm always a bad guesser at what people will look like so don't normally bother trying.

Thanks Nat, but I'm not traveling far. Probably just about a quarter of a mile, its here on campus. But I won't be able to get here though as its all day, unless they wrap it up early Thursday. I'll have to make it a point to get online at night at least to read and catch up on what's happening. :)

The Bobsey girls are very funny in person! While I'm just funny looking. Hope I didn't break Di's camera. :D

Oops. Did I forget a question? Hey look, there's one!

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 01:04 PM
That would be fun - a meet to taste test spaghetti sauce! We could all just cram into Ken's RV and take turns using the kitchen - though my sauce must simmer at least 8 hours to be good! So one of his burners would be tied up for a while!
I will offer my kitchen -- and Harry's extra bunk for a sauce off -- as long as everyone brings a hammer and a whole whack of cedar fence boards :D . I'm glad you all had such a great time together -- I'm looking forward to your pics Di! Gosh, is it that time already?

offwego
03-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Well I was going to ask you but figured his bribe of all time best sauce might influence your answer. 8 hours? I thought my sauce was bad at 4!
[QUOTE=Jasper;1221087]
I guess there are just some things we are never meant to understand, right?
And changing the time we do this is sure one of them.

Thanks Nat, but I'm not traveling far. Probably just about a quarter of a mile, its here on campus. Oops. Did I forget a question? Hey look, there's one! That's not even worth claiming mileage for is it?

And the stars are cool (and unexpected). Now I'll have to get shoes to go with the stars though.

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
And the stars are cool (and unexpected). Now I'll have to get shoes to go with the stars though.
Which reminds me.... Euan and I went up to the sticker outlet on Saturday morning -- spent $106 on about 1800 stickers for the kid -- he was in heaven. Remind you of anyone we know in a shoe store?

offwego
03-12-2007, 01:11 PM
I will offer my kitchen -- and Harry's extra bunk for a sauce off -- as long as everyone brings a hammer and a whole whack of cedar fence boards :D . I'm glad you all had such a great time together -- I'm looking forward to your pics Di! Gosh, is it that time already?

Ah so you too need a new fence? We are also fenceless and neither neighbour wants to "put in" for doing one. And as we have a semi that ajoins one and of course runs along the other as well. So we should be paying for the back and our gate and half of each length part. (don't mind putting in the labour of course or even the rental of the equipment). Guess we will just keep walking doggie out ourselves.

offwego
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Which reminds me.... Euan and I went up to the sticker outlet on Saturday morning -- spent $106 on about 1800 stickers for the kid -- he was in heaven. Remind you of anyone we know in a shoe store?

If I could get 1800 pairs of shoes that I would like for 106.00 I would be very worried that I had indeed passed on to my final resting spot.

Did I tell you about DS insisting that I would be in a shoe store and not the clothing store the other weekend? DH and he had wandered off (I think in search of pretzels or something) and I had said I'd be in a clothing store but finished up and went my fave shoe store. DS was postive I'd be there but DH thought instead I'd be aimlessy wandering in a diamond store of all places. DS was of course correct!

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Ah so you too need a new fence? We are also fenceless and neither neighbour wants to "put in" for doing one. And as we have a semi that ajoins one and of course runs along the other as well. So we should be paying for the back and our gate and half of each length part. (don't mind putting in the labour of course or even the rental of the equipment). Guess we will just keep walking doggie out ourselves.
I actually think that you can insist that they do. We have two sides done already (by the builder) -- they guy behind us is game for whatever we tell him (he's a nice guy) -- but the neighbours to the south of us don't have the money (but they too have two dogs -- and ski doos...hmm?) I'll have to apply some of my gentle mom-pressure. :director:. Good fences make good neighbours! Wanna hear another one?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Okay, I know I sound like a baby, and I am really trying to keep my cool and realize that in the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal.

BUT...

My gallbladder issues are still kicking (I have pretty much settled on the fact that I can either feel bad here or at WDW, but it still stinks.)

My headaches are still plugging away (must be allergy/sinus related...I can see the "green stuff" aka pollen blowing in the wind).

I started packing today (which of course couldn't begin until I conquered the mountains of laundry first). I gathered all the important goodies (tickets, etc), I got everybody's little ziplocs packed, etc, etc, etc.

My plan was to have it all done tonight so that as soon as me and DD get up tomorrow, we can throw our toiletries in the bag after dressing and head to Dallas to shop all day, then get to the hotel to fly to Orlando tomorrow.

BUT NO! My stupid crown is coming off my tooth, so I need to see if I can get into the dentist tomorrow and get a temp. job done to get me through the week (DH couldn't resist teasing me that I will not be getting my traditional caramel nut apple now! :( )

I know you have already left for Orlando, but I certainly hope you get to feeling better! Let's hope that a change of scenery and some warm weather go a long way to helping!

And now for the ultimate question. . . why?

Nascfan
03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Nope, no mileage Nat. Just walk over.

You need a fence Jenn? Did you know I work for food?

Jasper, I've never understood the logic of the farmers, or worse, the cows being confused by the time change. I didn't know cows could tell time!

offwego
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I actually think that you can insist that they do. We have two sides done already (by the builder) -- they guy behind us is game for whatever we tell him (he's a nice guy) -- but the neighbours to the south of us don't have the money (but they too have two dogs -- and ski doos...hmm?) I'll have to apply some of my gentle mom-pressure. :director:. Good fences make good neighbours! Wanna hear another one?

Sure I always like your sayings. (though Frankie really does have a corner on that market).

I do think we could but don't really want to. Neighbour one is a youngish man living with Mom (dad passed away) and they don't have a whole lot of $$ (no dogs and skidoos there not even a car!). Plus he's sweet about helping DS with moving the basketball net around etc I'd feel bad making them fork over money they don't have.

Number two is a young family with two little ones and I don't suspect that extra money is laying around everywhere. And no one (truly) on the street on our side has built one as we back on to a field...sigh.

Oh well we will "get around to it" or not. Unless I spend 10K on a fence the bank won't give me credit for it when we move so I may just skip it. Selfish huh?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
They gave me a presciption for Atenenol and said that should help to lower the pulse rate.

I was on this for about a year at one time. During that time I was put in the hospital over a weekend because I was having blackouts caused by blockage in an artery and they couldn't do the angioplasty until Monday. Because of the medication though my heart rate when I was laying still, especially while sleeping, would drop down to as low as 20 beats per minute. Every time that happened, the alarms went off out at the nurses station and they would come running to see if I had expired!!! I realize this could have been very serious, but after a while it just became very comical!!:D :D Hope it has as much impact for you as it did for me.

I'm hungry, who has the cookies?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
the Dairy Queen sign as we were heading out so we stopped and had a Blizzard Jealous? :tasty:
?

You had Dairy Queen and didn't invite us along? What are we going to do with you?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
If I could get 1800 pairs of shoes that I would like for 106.00
!

$106.00, isn't that about the price of just one shoe at many places?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I actually think that you can insist that they do.

It may be completely different in Canada, but here in the states you can't force neighbors to go in on a fence unless you have specific covenenents that were written in when your development was platted or if there is a local ordinance. But, most localities don't want to get in the middle of such an argument and don't have such ordinances. That is why you will at times see double fences built just a few feet apart. Sounds like a great look, doesn't it?

offwego
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
$106.00, isn't that about the price of just one shoe at many places?

Yes indeed...that's why I'd be left to assume I had moved on to a different world. :cloud9:

Mind you I can often get some reduced a little since I don't have a very tiny or very large shoe size and can often find them in my size.

DS is alreay wearing shoes bigger then mine though. Not a good sign at all.

So did we find the cookies Jasper?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 02:09 PM

No sign of the cookies yet, and me without the time to fire up the oven today!!

So how old is DS?

dlpmikki
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
It may be completely different in Canada, but here in the states you can't force neighbors to go in on a fence unless you have specific covenenents that were written in when your development was platted or if there is a local ordinance. But, most localities don't want to get in the middle of such an argument and don't have such ordinances. That is why you will at times see double fences built just a few feet apart. Sounds like a great look, doesn't it?

In the UK the land deeds specify who is responsible for which bit of fence. Now most people don't keep copies of their deeds but they do look at them before they buy. To make life simpler here the convention is that you have the posts (or ugly side!) of the fence that you own facing you. It works pretty well.

To answer you question of why - the answer to everything is 42.

Do you know why? :D

offwego
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
No sign of the cookies yet, and me without the time to fire up the oven today!!

So how old is DS?

He's 11 (Ellen's son is roughly the same age as well)

Have you made time to make the cookies yet?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
He's 11 (Ellen's son is roughly the same age as well)

Have you made time to make the cookies yet?

That is about the age my oldest son took off as well. He is now in a size 12 and I hope that since he is 18 that he is finished with growing! Of course, I also have another son who will turn 11 this summer and he is just starting to sprout! Where does the time go?

offwego
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
That's not so bad Jasper.

DH is an 11

My "little" brother is a size 13

My dad is a size 15.

Maybe DS shouldn't get cookies? (he's an 8 in mens already)

Mickey'sGirl
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM

DH is an 11

My dad is a size 15.

Maybe DS shouldn't get cookies? (he's an 8 in mens already)
DS8 is a men's 7 -- the doctor figures he'll be at least 6'6" -- , my oldest brother is 6'7" and a size 13 -- No offense but size 15 is absolutely sasquatch! Can I buy shoe program for my kids? An exchange kinda thing? It's the skates that are going to break the bank! :mickey:

offwego
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
offense but size 15 is absolutely sasquatch! Can I buy shoe program for my kids? An exchange kinda thing? It's the skates that are going to break the bank! :mickey:

I'm thankful almost every season that DS took after his mommy in skating. That is to say he cannot skate at all.

Or at least not worth buying skates for. (how on Canadian of me eh?)

As to the sasquatch yeah pretty much! We used to use his sandals to carry around cats like a carrier. His "boot" boxes could house your whole winter glove/scarf/hat/touqe collection for a family of 5.

Can't really think of a shoe program that will help you with Harry but I feel your pain believe me. DS is about 5 twoish or threeish now (about 2-3 more inches and he and I are all tied up). I suspect he'll top out somewhere in the 6four range as did both my brothers (My dad is six foot six and my hubbie is six two)

ElenitaB
03-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Scott's wife took a picture of us all together, so I have to use up the rest of the film, get it developed, then I will attempt to post it on the thread for all to see! I see you didn't ask if Scott is as funny in person? ;)
Is Scott as funny in person? Did you guys talk in questions? (Like we did at our virtual meet a few weeks ago?)

I have had to order and pick-up (which can be a drag)....except on Saturday when it meant that Euan notice the Dairy Queen sign as we were heading out so we stopped and had a Blizzard prior to picking up our dinner (the Thai food). Jealous? :tasty:

How you feeling Ellen?
Ordering in is a great NYC tradition, I'm afraid. Just about everyone I know has quite the collection of menus. The fun thing is when you live in a neighborhood like mine and there's loads of ethnic cuisine. But no Dairy Queen to be found at all. I guess it's a good thing though... less things to tempt me.

I'm feeling okay, Jenn. Thanks for asking. Just very tired. Between the time change and chemo, I ended up taking an hour nap this afternoon.

DS shares Crocs with me... sometimes I look at him when he comes home from school and I swear he's grown some during the day. In a year or two I'm expecting a huge growth spurt (he's already one of the tallest kids in his class). His dad is 6'2" and a size 11 shoe... a giant by Central American standards.

To answer you question of why - the answer to everything is 42.

Do you know why? :D
No, why?

BTW, nice stars, everyone! :thumbsup:

Di, take your medicine and think calm thoughts.

Good luck with your travels this week, guys. I have to go into the office tomorrow (the first time in months). My laptop has to go to the IT dept as it's been misbehaving lately. :badpc: Hopefully they can fix it early because I'm running an online meeting for around 80 people at noon.

It's too quiet... are our spies up to something?

trackbarroness
03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

Now Ken what would I be feeling guilty about hmm?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 11:20 PM

DH is an 11

My dad is a size 15.

The problem is, no one on either mine or my wife's side has anything larger than a 10, so we can't figure out where he gets it from.

Could it be the milk man?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm thankful almost every season that DS took after his mommy in skating. That is to say he cannot skate at all.

Or at least not worth buying skates for. (how on Canadian of me eh?)

It is rather strange to someone from my part of the country to listen to all of you great white northern folks talk about skating like it is an every day thing. Down here we rarely have enough cold weather to skate outdoors and we have so few indoor ice rinks that most of us just rent a pair of skates for the half dozen times we may ice skate in our entire lives!!

Can you believe we are only a few hundred miles apart?

Beast_fanatic
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM

Here's some :pixie: to keep you from having any gall bladder attacks at WDW, and to keep your crown in place with the DenTak (which I was going to suggest, but your dentist beat me to it). Have a great trip!

I almost ran into a door because the time didn't change on the entry system into our office. Normally, the door unlocks at 8:30am and you can just push the door open, but today it was still locked at a quarter till 9, and I tried to just push it open. It didn't work. :rolleyes:

They gave me a presciption for Atenenol and said that should help to lower the pulse rate. I was warned by my specialist's office to not have any more caffeine. I think I just need a trip to Disney to ride Everest - that would jolt my heart back to normal - don't you think? ;)

I used to be on Atenolol for my blood pressure. I no longer drink caffeine, although my doctor had me take Excedrin Migraine for my headache the other day and it contains caffeine. Ironic, huh? And, I think a trip to WDW would help all of us! :thumbsup:

Jasper
03-12-2007, 11:32 PM
DS shares Crocs with me...

I just got my first pair of Crocs the other day and was wondering something. Do any of you wear your Crocs barefoot or do you always wear socks with them? I ask this because I have a problem with sweaty feet and the result can be some rather nasty foot oder. My wife thought she had heard somewhere that because of the type of plastic/rubber Crocs are made from that this is not suppose to happen.

Anyone have real life experience who can clue me in?

ElenitaB
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
In the summer, I wear my Crocs barefoot. Yes, your feet can sweat a little but the plastic they're made of is anti-microbial and odor resistant. They were originally made for sailing, so they're built for dealing with wet stuff. In the winter, I wear them with socks. DS tends to wear them with socks when he goes out, but will wear them barefoot in the apartment. Does that make sense? (BTW, you can wash them and even throw them in the washing machine.)

They are really comfortable no matter what. In fact, my ankle has swollen up something fierce so I think I'll be wearing my black ones to the office tomorrow (with black tights). I know... not terribly fashionable but my other shoes (my Dansko clogs) probably won't fit on my swollen foot. :(

Is it bedtime yet?

Jasper
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM
They are really comfortable no matter what. In fact, my ankle has swollen up something fierce so I think I'll be wearing my black ones to the office tomorrow (with black tights). I know... not terribly fashionable but my other shoes (my Dansko clogs) probably won't fit on my swollen foot. :(

Is it bedtime yet?

Thanks for the info.

By the way, did you check with Nat to be sure this is the right time of year for wearing black shoes?

And yes, it is bedtime; good night!

alpro2
03-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Gotta go further north on US 17 to get to my neck of the woods (in NC). BTW, I don't have the goatee any more. You should have said hi anyway, we're friendly in the south. :mike:

I did, but the guy was from the north and he "saluted" me. :D

Alex -- Do they have good cookies down in Charleston?
Yes, but they are fried. ;)

Sorry your traveling too. You and Alex will have to feel sorry for each other together at some point.
Yes, I feel sorry for myself. Sunny, 75 degrees, playing golf, nice meals....all on the company dime. Still feeling sorry for me?

offwego
03-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I did, but the guy was from the north and he "saluted" me. :D

Yes, but they are fried. ;)

Yes, I feel sorry for myself. Sunny, 75 degrees, playing golf, nice meals....all on the company dime. Still feeling sorry for me?

Yes I do...It's going to be 20 degrees celius here today (which is warm and I'm sure Jenn will come along and convert it as I'm hopeless)

Don't you miss your wife and your cookies Alex? and your Pillow? And your own chair/chouch for TV? (I'm mean aren't I?) and getting coffee that tastes like coffee without going out and getting it? (I'm just evil today).

Golfing is something they make me do when I misbehave...my boss promised as long as I keep my gross revenue YOY growth above 15 I don't have to golf this year!!! YEAH!!!

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes I do...It's going to be 20 degrees celius here today (which is warm and I'm sure Jenn will come along and convert it as I'm hopeless)
That would be 68 fahrenheit degrees Nat. :D
Only calling for 11 up this way (52 F). I'll take it!!

Reaching in cupboard for a question.... "Are Chickens vegetarians?"...:confused:

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 09:17 AM
It is rather strange to someone from my part of the country to listen to all of you great white northern folks talk about skating like it is an every day thing. Down here we rarely have enough cold weather to skate outdoors and we have so few indoor ice rinks that most of us just rent a pair of skates for the half dozen times we may ice skate in our entire lives!!

Can you believe we are only a few hundred miles apart? Even when it is 90 degrees outside, there is an ice rink full of hockey kids somewhere. It really is an obsession. My guys don't do much outdoors skating -- I am a bit paranoid about thin ice -- and with the mild winter we had (until March) there was too much of that around! I am a horrible skater (took lessons for years) -- but Brian and Harry really have wheels (that means can skate very well).
About 700 miles between Jasper and Ajax -- and here we are talking! Incredible isn't it?

offwego
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
About 700 miles between Jasper and Ajax -- and here we are talking! Incredible isn't it?

440 for me. But to be honest Jasper there are not a whole lot of outdoor rinks here either. Lots of indoor ones though.

Did you ever find those cookies?

I did a Pilates DVD last night for the first time. Feeling pretty proud of myself!

Ellen how are you feeling today? Better I hope? Di you too? I sure hope Christine is feeling good on her trip.

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Morning all! At least I think it's morning... still haven't woken up yet. Our neighbors had an issue between midnight and 2 am that called for 6 or 7 cop cars (with flashing lights going) an ambulance and a fire engine. All these lights flashing into our windows, causing our doggies to bark and our sleep to be non-existent. These neighbors are trouble. The cops were also out shortly after I got home from work yesterday (only 2 cars). They've been out there a few times in the last couple months. We think there's 3 families living there (a small 3 bedroom home). Their backyard is beginning to look like a dump. They have 3 dogs that they allow to run loose onto our property. The kids track through our yard. Hope to find out what happened last night cause they wouldn't sent that many cop cars out for a simple medical run. Thought about calling the police but I'm not thinking they would tell me what happened. Can everyone cross your fingers that I will win the lotto tonight so I can move to a better neighborhood?

drummerboy
03-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Reaching in cupboard for a question.... "Are Chickens vegetarians?"...:confused:
And if not, and they eat some strange meat, do they say it "tastes like chicken"?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 09:50 AM
And if not, and they eat some strange meat, do they say it "tastes like chicken"?
Doesn't everybody?

I'm crossing my fingers for you Di! A little :pixie: wont hurt either!! Why don'tcha come up and live across the street from me?

Nat -- congratulations on the Pilates video! :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for you Di! A little :pixie: wont hurt either!! Why don'tcha come up and live across the street from me?

Can you get me and my DH good paying jobs? I'm all for moving elsewhere and starting over... I'd love to move to Tenn... might be a LOT harder to talk DH into a Canadian move...Plus that would put me farther from Disney....and STITCH!!!! :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Can you get me and my DH good paying jobs? Probably
I'm all for moving elsewhere and starting over... I'd love to move to Tenn... might be a LOT harder to talk DH into a Canadian move...Plus that would put me farther from Disney....and STITCH!!!! :D Hey ... have all these miles kept me away from the world??????

Do you like my avatar? :confused:

offwego
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Can you get me and my DH good paying jobs? I'm all for moving elsewhere and starting over... I'd love to move to Tenn... might be a LOT harder to talk DH into a Canadian move...Plus that would put me farther from Disney....and STITCH!!!! :D

That's too funny! My DH is always after me to get a transfer to the US. (My bank owns a US bank based in the Southeast). He almost drools over the idea even though he wouldn't be able to work. (I think that might have something to do with it).

Di just think of the medical system! course taxes are higher. But we have lots of coffee shops. (and they do indeed sell hot choc.) Hey what about a chili business?

offwego
03-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Probably Hey ... have all these miles kept me away from the world??????

Do you like my avatar? :confused:

It's really pretty cool! Does anyone else think it funny that Jenn has shoes in hers & I don't?

Oh and speaking of shoes...Jasper right now Ellen has special dispensation to wear whatever shoes she finds comfy. They are automagically transformed into style statments for her at this time. She slips on crocs or clogs and by virtue of pixie dust we see Jimmy Choo's.

Cool huh?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
She slips on crocs or clogs and by virtue of pixie dust we see Jimmy Choo's.

Cool huh?You gotta love that :pixie: ! I will vitually share the shoes in my Avatar with you Nat..... I used to be a shoe horse -- but Mother Nature had other plans for my feet....

I think Di could open a chili shop -- and introduce the area to chili spaghetti.... Can you do the number to see if it's a viable option for her Nat?

offwego
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
You gotta love that :pixie: ! I will vitually share the shoes in my Avatar with you Nat..... I used to be a shoe horse -- but Mother Nature had other plans for my feet....

I think Di could open a chili shop -- and introduce the area to chili spaghetti.... Can you do the number to see if it's a viable option for her Nat?

Do you know it would be easier if she produced it for sale to grocery stores then as a shop? Restaurant lending requires 50% equity or hard security vs other industries that need less equity or not "hard" security (ie just equipment assets would work). Weird huh? However if it was an established franchise that can change things but establishing a franchise who nelly is that hard.

Think timmies would like to add it to their menu?

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Do you know it would be easier if she produced it for sale to grocery stores then as a shop? Restaurant lending requires 50% equity or hard security vs other industries that need less equity or not "hard" security (ie just equipment assets would work). Weird huh? However if it was an established franchise that can change things but establishing a franchise who nelly is that hard.

Think timmies would like to add it to their menu?

:scratch: huh? How about if I see if Gold Star Chili or Skyline Chili would allow me to open a franchise location in CAnada? But would there be a market for Chili Spaghetti and Coneys? OR.. I could open an Italian restaurant, using my Grandma's secret spaghetti sauce recipe! Got a need for any more Italian places up your way?

Love both your new avatars! Wish I could get one, or even the new stars, but until I see what all this medical stuff is gonna cost me - I'm kinda stuck not being able to donate...

offwego
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
:scratch: huh? How about if I see if Gold Star Chili or Skyline Chili would allow me to open a franchise location in CAnada? But would there be a market for Chili Spaghetti and Coneys? OR.. I could open an Italian restaurant, using my Grandma's secret spaghetti sauce recipe! Got a need for any more Italian places up your way?

See the difference is a franchise has a "plan" and budget outline for the new owner to follow, costing is all already worked out, advertising is done for them etc etc. So less risk.

A "unique" restaurant is up to the owner to develop food cost control, advertising, theme, decor, staff training program etc etc. So way way more risk. Restaurants are the riskiest industry of all. In fact it's the only industry I can't lend to without going through a risk manager even if I had cash as security for the loan. (Seriously!!).

But if someone wanted to make their grandma's sauce to sell to a store (or the restaurant industry even) that would be different.

But in Windsor or here we don't really need any more Italian restaurants. We have oodles and oodles of them. How about sushi?

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 12:40 PM
But in Windsor or here we don't really need any more Italian restaurants. We have oodles and oodles of them. How about sushi?

So, you are saying you have oodles and oodles of noodles?

Um, I don't think I could handle working around raw fish. Blech! :sick:

Why don't I just relocate to Disney and go to work for Stitch? Um, I mean Mickey....:D

offwego
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM

Why don't I just relocate to Disney and go to work for Stitch? Um, I mean Mickey....:D
Yes oodles and oodles of noodles indeed.

Now have we figured out where Alex is hiding the cookies while he's golfing?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I think that being the exclusive chili provider to all Timmies in Ontario is the way to go. You would make a mint.

Cookies? How about Cadbury mini eggs? :tasty:

offwego
03-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I think that being the exclusive chili provider to all Timmies in Ontario is the way to go. You would make a mint.

Cookies? How about Cadbury mini eggs? :tasty:

I have a cake I want to make for easter that's decorated with those. Looks really cute.

But normally I'm not a huge fan of them. What does everyone else normally eat for Easter? Aside from the candy of course?

We normally due either Ham or Lamb. Most often ham though.

Any traditions in your houses?

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Um, cookies? Cadbury eggs? Can't we have something that isn't chocolate? How about some Peeps? Yumm! Who can ever resist those marshmallowy, sugar coated chicks and bunnies?

offwego
03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Um, cookies? Cadbury eggs? Can't we have something that isn't chocolate? How about some Peeps? Yumm! Who can ever resist those marshmallowy, sugar coated chicks and bunnies?

Me! Mind you in reality I'm not much of a sweet tooth person, lemon yes, other fruit ok. I'm more of a chip person. (mind you not "flavoured chips" except maybe salt & vinegar) just plain thank you!

Do we have any of those?

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Me! Mind you in reality I'm not much of a sweet tooth person, lemon yes, other fruit ok. I'm more of a chip person. (mind you not "flavoured chips" except maybe salt & vinegar) just plain thank you!

Do we have any of those?

I have a couple bags of plain chips in my cabinet! Do you like dip to go with them? I have an Onion dip, a garlic dip and I think the other one is a bacon dip. I LOVE Salt and Vinegar chips also. I also love the Dill Pickle chips! Yummm! But my big weakness is Cheetos (the crunchy ones) Think Mikki will be confused with our chips? Do we need the Drummerboy English to English translator?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I am honestly not a snacker -- I do enjoy the odd chip (just the odd ones, never the even ones) -- and sweets wise if it ain't chocolate or cinnamon -- I rarely eat it. I love coffee and chocolate. I used to always travel with a bag of cheetos. (long story, so don't ask). Anyone like Doritos? :mickey:

disneydrmr
03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I am honestly not a snacker -- I do enjoy the odd chip (just the odd ones, never the even ones) -- and sweets wise if it ain't chocolate or cinnamon -- I rarely eat it. I love coffee and chocolate. I used to always travel with a bag of cheetos. (long story, so don't ask). Anyone like Doritos? :mickey:

That's why we get along so well! :D Chocolate, cinnamon, cheetos... yep, we could travel together and get along just fine! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cinnamon ice cream! And yep, I like Doritos also! And White Cheddar Cheezeits!! Those are quite addictive!

Anyone else getting the urge to visit the vending machine?

Jasper
03-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh and speaking of shoes...Jasper right now Ellen has special dispensation to wear whatever shoes she finds comfy. They are automagically transformed into style statments for her at this time. She slips on crocs or clogs and by virtue of pixie dust we see Jimmy Choo's.

Cool huh?

Think you can pull the same magic with the pile of old clothes my wife keeps hounding me to get rid of? You know, the ones with the holes and that are all out of shape from too many washings? Yeah, that's right, the ones that are just now getting to the point where they are comfortable!

Jasper
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Even when it is 90 degrees outside, there is an ice rink full of hockey kids somewhere. It really is an obsession. My guys don't do much outdoors skating -- I am a bit paranoid about thin ice -- and with the mild winter we had (until March) there was too much of that around! I am a horrible skater (took lessons for years) -- but Brian and Harry really have wheels (that means can skate very well).

That's my point exactly, even though we are only 700 miles apart, if you tried to take a kid down here to an ice skating rink they would laugh you out of the room! It is just a different passion for a different area!

Where has the time gone today?

offwego
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Think you can pull the same magic with the pile of old clothes my wife keeps hounding me to get rid of? You know, the ones with the holes and that are all out of shape from too many washings? Yeah, that's right, the ones that are just now getting to the point where they are comfortable!

Uh not unless you have a good reason to wear them like Ellen does. If you do then sure they are now Tommy Hilfiger ok? Or are you more of a Calvin person?

Mickey'sGirl
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Uh not unless you have a good reason to wear them like Ellen does. If you do then sure they are now Tommy Hilfiger ok? Or are you more of a Calvin person?
Mark Wahlberg (sp?) is a Calvin guy.....kinda cute too. So, does your new Avatar grant you pixie dust powers Nat?

offwego
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Mark Wahlberg (sp?) is a Calvin guy.....kinda cute too. So, does your new Avatar grant you pixie dust powers Nat?

Well why not? At least for shoes don't you think? Besides if Ellen wants to wear crocs right now because they are comfy it's fine by me. (normally however they just make me shudder unless one is gardening) I guess if I use my pixie dust powers for granting shoe/fashion improvments that would be ok wouldn't it? Carol didn't mention rules to me should I be checking?

Remember when Marky Mark used to be his name? Sigh. And did you know the actor from the blood diamond movie is the latest calvin guy? Neat.

Mind you I really do like Calvin even if he's not considered uber hip anymore.

ElenitaB
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
It's really pretty cool! Does anyone else think it funny that Jenn has shoes in hers & I don't?

Love Jenn's shoes, and, yes, how funny who got the shoes!

Thanks for the special dispensation and :pixie: The ankle was much less swollen this AM but still hurt (and now my hand hurts where I got last week's infusion... bummer because I was hoping they could use the same spot). I was not too happy wearing the ugly shoes into the office (especially when I got called up to our top level, senior executive floor... I was so scared I'd bump into our CEO), but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. It was ugly shoes or not walking. Now if you could just make Jimmy Choo's comfy, that would indeed be a trick!

Love both your new avatars! Wish I could get one, or even the new stars, but until I see what all this medical stuff is gonna cost me - I'm kinda stuck not being able to donate...
I really hate that you have to worry about medical stuff. Makes me :mad: I have a friend who works for a major supermarket chain and she has to pay for a large percentage of her chemo treatments and they won't even pay for anesthesia when she has bone marrow biopsies done. :mad: :mad: and triple :mad:

How about opening a noodle shop? We have some down here in NYC and they do quite well (thinking of Ollie's in Times Square in particular).

Wait, you're going to make mints now? Yum!

Frozen or stale Peeps! Yum... Does anyone else think it's twisted to mistreat candy? ;)

Are we having a party at Christine's house this week?

drummerboy
03-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Frozen or stale Peeps! Yum...
Are we having a party at Christine's house this week?
Where do you think I've been? I had to hide across the street until she left. I found her Peep stash already and I'm trying to find out where she keeps the charcoal for the grill.

Nascfan
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I missed hanging with the JQ crew today. :(

How's everyone doing?

Hey Ken, I found the charcoal! Now, where's the lighter fluid. Ah yes, here we go. :flame: :flame: :flame: WHOA! That's a good flame! Who's got the burgers? This shouldn't take long too cook.

Riri529
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Still recovering from my "girl's weekend" at Foxwoods Hotel and Casino. Dinner was great, dancing was even better (although the red pumps were killing my feet by about 12!) I played "let it ride" and donated $135 to the local Native American Tribe (in all of about 10 minutes). My girlfriend won $1500 on the slots!!! I guess I played the wrong game!
But, who can complain after a great time with the girls?!:D

alpro2
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Saw pictures of that "girls weekend"...hmmmph!:whisper: Perhaps you can donate money to the Alex Tribe? :spend:

Nice place, Wild Dunes. The golf course is right on the ocean. However they don't allow pink golf balls.

Ken - please don't melt those peeps!

drummerboy
03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Ken - please don't melt those peeps!
I was thinking of deep frying them. Think that would work? Wonder where Christine hides the cooking oil?

Beast_fanatic
03-13-2007, 11:48 PM
However if it was an established franchise that can change things but establishing a franchise who nelly is that hard.

So, who is Nelly anyway?

Christine
03-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Charcoal? Lighter Fluid? Cooking oil? Just be careful.

But stay away from my peeps!!

Don't forget to watch for reports this week, okay?

alpro2
03-14-2007, 05:39 AM
So, who is Nelly anyway?
Not sure but do you know what a who nannyis? A cross between an owl and a goat.

Originally Posted by drummerboy
I was thinking of deep frying them. Think that would work? Wonder where Christine hides the cooking oil?

I guess if you can make fried ice cream, you can make fried peeps - poor little chicks and bunnies.

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Charcoal? Lighter Fluid? Cooking oil? Just be careful.

But stay away from my peeps!!
Ummm...we were talking about that other Christine's house. Yeah that's it, uh, um, Christine Aguelera, yeah. heh heh. :blush:

Can somebody help me here?

offwego
03-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Now if you could just make Jimmy Choo's comfy, that would indeed be a trick!

Are we having a party at Christine's house this week? Isn't it required? And you mean to say Jimmy Choo's aren't comfy? You've never seen me jog in my heels around the office then have you? I even play mini put in the office in mine!

I missed hanging with the JQ crew today. :(

How's everyone doing?

I'd be better if someone hadn't stolen my Mickey Attenna topper!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It was a pink one with hearts (which is a play on my last name or one of them). My Mom gave it to me on the weekend and someone teefed it yesterday in the parking lot. I am so so steamed. Do you think I should book a trip right now to get one?

So, who is Nelly anyway?
She sings with Timberland on some songs and stuff.

Ummm...we were talking about that other Christine's house. Yeah that's it, uh, um, Christine Aguelera, yeah. heh heh. :blush:

Can somebody help me here?

If you know Chrstina Aguelera my DS would like you to help him.

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Deep fried peeps! YUMM!!! Let's dip them in chocolate first, then coat them in a nice graham cracker coating! It'll be deep fried peep s'mores!!!

Scott - watch that flame. You may wanna move the grill just a bit farther from Christine's house - looks like the siding is starting to melt a bit.

Um, Alex - I don't think you needed to bring that whonanny to the party to show us what it looks like. But since you did you may want to keep a better eye on it.. I'm sure Christine would like to have SOME greenery left when she returns.

So, anyone wanna check the Emergency response time in Christine's town? :D

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd be better if someone hadn't stolen my Mickey Attenna topper!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It was a pink one with hearts (which is a play on my last name or one of them). My Mom gave it to me on the weekend and someone teefed it yesterday in the parking lot. I am so so steamed. Do you think I should book a trip right now to get one?

So sorry you lost your Mickey antenna topper! I can't believe someone would steal it. It's not like they are reusuable once they are pulled off the antenna... but yes! I think you should book a trip to get a new one! OR.. being the good friend I am.. I"LL take a run down there to get one for you! Isn't that so sweet of me?! :D

ElenitaB
03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Christine, are you taking special orders for souvenirs? I think this is the first one to come in, no?

Nat, high heels were my normal footwear a decade or two (or three) earlier... :old:

Christine, I'll do my best to protect the Peeps from the pyros. ;) Do you like yours stale or frozen?

Okay... off to my morning conf calls. Later! I brought coffee... who has cookies?

Christine
03-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Who wants a goody? I am starting a virtual souvenir gift bag for you guys here:

JQ Souvenirs (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558162885xxvwEF)

Nat, I would be happy to get you a new antenna topper...is it the pink one with red hearts??

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 10:22 AM

Nat, I would be happy to get you a new antenna topper...is it the pink one with red hearts??You there already? I will watch your gift bag with great anticipation! :D

offwego
03-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Sweet yes but I wouldn't want to add addtional stress to your life Di.

And Alex leave that whatever it is behind please. Aside from doggies I'm not really an animal person.

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Sweet yes but I wouldn't want to add addtional stress to your life Di.

And Alex leave that whatever it is behind please. Aside from doggies I'm not really an animal person.
Ms NAtalie!!! I am shocked! Does anyone else notice the glaringly absent question here????

offwego
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM

Nat, I would be happy to get you a new antenna topper...is it the pink one with red hearts??
Yes it was...sigh I only had it for 3 days...

Christine, are you taking special orders for souvenirs? I think this is the first one to come in, no?

Nat, high heels were my normal footwear a decade or two (or three) earlier... :old:

So not so much with the Jimmys then?

Ms NAtalie!!! I am shocked! Does anyone else notice the glaringly absent question here????
EEK!! My questions was stolen too? Who did that? Do you think it's the same people? Did anyone see them?Did they still have my attena topper?Is that enough yet?

mtown71
03-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Man, I am always missing all the fun...OR AM I????? We have a thief running around now? I wish I was in the mood for a party. I will be getting my tonsils yanked out May 2. Anyone have good advice?

Hmmmm...deep fried peeps...sounds kinda good. I will have the fire department standing by.

offwego
03-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Man, I am always missing all the fun...OR AM I????? We have a thief running around now? I wish I was in the mood for a party. I will be getting my tonsils yanked out May 2. Anyone have good advice?

Hmmmm...deep fried peeps...sounds kinda good. I will have the fire department standing by.

Yuck I had that done at 16 it was no fun. Have they told you yet they don't give you ice cream? Just popsicles.

And don't even think about pop for a good long time. The bubbles just killed me! Other than that get some good books and scratch pad to write notes for a few days. Your voice will be pretty sketchy.

Make sure Di lets us know that all is well with you.

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Man, I am always missing all the fun...OR AM I????? We have a thief running around now? I wish I was in the mood for a party. I will be getting my tonsils yanked out May 2. Anyone have good advice? I was three -- so my advice would definitely involve my Mommy! Good luck with that -- and I hope your health improves with their removal!

Hmmmm...deep fried peeps...sounds kinda good. I will have the fire department standing by. What is a peep?

offwego
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
What is a peep?

You know those dayglo yellow or purple marshmallow sugar coated candy things shaped like a "chick" or "bunny"? Those are peeps. No idea why they are called peeps but guess it makes as much sense as calling something a smartie.

People do some mighty strange things to the poor little things. Personally I don't care for them myself regardless of if you freeze them, eat them fresh or stale or make them blow up in your microwave. (now how on earth that can be good I have no idea).

But they are as much a part of Easter for many as Cadbury creme eggs are here.

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
You know those dayglo yellow or purple marshmallow sugar coated candy things shaped like a "chick" or "bunny"? Those are peeps. No idea why they are called peeps but guess it makes as much sense as calling something a smartie.

People do some mighty strange things to the poor little things. Personally I don't care for them myself regardless of if you freeze them, eat them fresh or stale or make them blow up in your microwave. (now how on earth that can be good I have no idea).

But they are as much a part of Easter for many as Cadbury creme eggs are here.
I'm sorry I asked! They sound horrid! I'll take a creme egg, however. Got any?

offwego
03-14-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry I asked! They sound horrid! I'll take a creme egg, however. Got any?

Sorry no. DS has chosen to be baptised/confirmed/first communion on Easter so we are trying to be good this Lent. It's a long story but if he wants to do this I guess we have to support him right?

And Jenn peeps are amazingly popular elsewhere..we may want to keep our viewpoint of this "treat" quite unless we can convince them we are leaving more for them?

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 11:41 AM
And Jenn peeps are amazingly popular elsewhere..we may want to keep our viewpoint of this "treat" quite unless we can convince them we are leaving more for them?
The secret is safe with me! :spy: :sick:

Euan was baptized on Easter Sunday a few years back. It was a really special day for it. I think you can still support your DS AND provide your DQ sister to the north with the odd creme egg, however! We're off now.....Going to look at creepy crawlys with the boys. Anyone need a skink? :lizard:

offwego
03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Anyone need a skink? :lizard:

Ah no I'm good. DS will be at a night on the saturday. How many eggs do you need then? The mini's or the full size?

And has anyone else noticed the amazing amount of medical stuff we put in with all our talk about cookies? Odd no? You don't think it's the cookies fault or anything do you?

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Wow, where do I start? I think I saw the thief Nat - I even drew up a picture of what he looked like ---> :lurk:

Think Ken will post a "Wanted" poster for us?

Wow, I have to read this thread to find out my little sis is having her tonsils yanked - now how do you like that? My advice to her - skip the yanking and take a trip to Disney! :D

Jenn - do you like marshmallows? If you do then you will like peeps... I can send a package to you if you want me to! (seriously!)
They are called peeps because they started out just as the marshmallow chicks - chicks say "peep", thus the name. The rest of the peep family came later! They were my grandma's favorite treat - it was so hard seeing them the first year after her death - but now they bring me such fond memories.

Isn't it sweet of Christine to be getting us some suvenears while she is there... Rhonda - your's looks so lifelike! ;) Hey Christine - close your eyes for a second... take a couple of deep breaths, and listen "Stitch, Stitch, STitch,Stitch, Stitch..."

Jasper
03-14-2007, 12:17 PM

Actually, more of an Omar the Tent Maker kind of person.

Anyone seen my hedge clippers?

Jasper
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Besides if Ellen wants to wear crocs right now because they are comfy it's fine by me. (normally however they just make me shudder unless one is gardening)

I agree, why does something so comfortable have to be so ugly? Of course, that is what people say about me as well!!:D

Jasper
03-14-2007, 12:28 PM

They are called peeps because that is the sound real chicks make when they are little. Of course, when they grow into big hens, the start to cluck. Kind of like some people we know, right?

offwego
03-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Actually, more of an Omar the Tent Maker kind of person.

Anyone seen my hedge clippers?

Maybe they are with my topper?

And how am I going to help turn them into a style statement with that for a clue? You do know that Omar hasn't had a show at fashion week in quite some time right? Oh well.

So folks should I go with a basic black dress for the next award thing or a cream and gold trim halter style? Does it help if I say I'm giving my award to a local entertainer? If I go with the black I'm going to need new shoes, but I have some for the gold so I'm conflicted.

Any other ideas? I was looking at something with black and pink but it's strapless and that just never seems to look right on tv to me.

Boy my job is tough isn't it?

Jasper
03-14-2007, 01:02 PM
And how am I going to help turn them into a style statement with that for a clue? You do know that Omar hasn't had a show at fashion week in quite some time right? Oh well.

So folks should I go with a basic black dress for the next award thing or a cream and gold trim halter style? Does it help if I say I'm giving my award to a local entertainer? If I go with the black I'm going to need new shoes, but I have some for the gold so I'm conflicted.

My clue means I am a bit on the large size and most of my taste is in my mouth, not in my wardrobe!

As for what to wear, I can't believe you are asking this! Of course, you need to go with the black! Anything that gives you the excuse to buy more shoes has got to be the right choice, doesn't it?

Seriously though, what do you do for a living? It sounds like it has some serious moments of fun!

offwego
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Of course, you need to go with the black! Anything that gives you the excuse to buy more shoes has got to be the right choice, doesn't it?

Seriously though, what do you do for a living? It sounds like it has some serious moments of fun!

I'm a commercial account manger for a large cdn. bank (actually Canada call it's banks "the big five" as most people mean one of the five large banks when they say my bank). I look after business loans from about 250M-5MM and deposit/investment needs up to about 10MM. I have a defined area I look after and a key part of the role is community profile etc. I get to give away money too sometimes which is cool! Over 20 grand earlier this year.

Weirdly enough I only have a pretty small client list as many are joint ownership etc. But based on the revenue of those connections you spend a lot of time having lunch, dinners etc to entertain them in addtion to the paperwork part.

It is a cool job but to put in perspective there are say 25 personal bankers in the territory I serve and one me (and 2 others who look after smaller business needs), we also have agri-business people in my market as well (2) so what I do isn't well known in my own company.

Are you sorry you asked??

Jasper
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Are you sorry you asked??

Not really, I always enjoy finding out what other people are getting into. Besides, I think that anyone who can do such a job and not go completely nuts is one tough cookie! I have a brother-in-law who has a similar position at a local bank and he talks from time to time abut how it gets old having to schmooze the clients with dinners and the like! I suppose it is like anything else, you have to take the good with the bad! :goodbad:

Am I correct in assumeing that you have been doing this for quite a while?

offwego
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Not really, I always enjoy finding out what other people are getting into. Besides, I think that anyone who can do such a job and not go completely nuts is one tough cookie! I have a brother-in-law who has a similar position at a local bank and he talks from time to time abut how it gets old having to schmooze the clients with dinners and the like! I suppose it is like anything else, you have to take the good with the bad! :goodbad:

Am I correct in assumeing that you have been doing this for quite a while?
Glad I didn't bore you!

I've been with my bank since 1988, but have been doing commercial since 2002 only and in this community since oct 06. (we moved here from a small town outside of Ottawa which we moved to from Toronto when I switched to commercial).

It's not a job for everyone (it's far far more complex then personal is) but I love it. It's great fun to work with someone on something that creates jobs and all the other things business growth can lead to for a community. But the role is not popular within the banks as it's not easy to get new clients of this kind of size and keeping them is tough as well. Most banks have at least double digit revenue growth targets for each account manager and some find this too stressful and get out after a while.

How bout you Jasper? What keeps you in hedge clippers?

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Nat, are you slipping or something? Why would you not use the award occasion as an excuse for new shoes no matter what you're wearing?

Jasper, you'll have to wait for Omar, he's working on my summer wardrobe at the moment.

Di, by jove I think you're on to something--Peep S'mores. What a capital idea. (OK Nat, calm down. I know you get excited when you see the word "capital".) By the way, looks like Kentucky is off for now. We're going to have to stick closer to home this trip.

Does anybody know where Christine keeps the sheetrock repair kit? And the spare siding?

offwego
03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Nat, are you slipping or something? Why would you not use the award occasion as an excuse for new shoes no matter what you're wearing?

What a capital idea. (OK Nat, calm down. I know you get excited when you see the word "capital".) By the way, looks like Kentucky is off for now. We're going to have to stick closer to home this trip.

Does anybody know where Christine keeps the sheetrock repair kit? And the spare siding?

What's sheetrock? Is that like drywall?

And Ken I was trying to amortize the cost of the gold shoes from the last gala...since either dress would be new as well.

Or maybe I am slipping? Ken I'm ok with the word capital as long as you don't have improvments near it. Actually we like to use the word "capex" now to describe capital expenditure requirements for the upcoming fiscal years (2-3 out). Now there's dull for you.

But you've convinced me...black it is. I was thinking that might be to sombre for mid-march but I'll just get some jazzy necklace or something. I do have my eye on the right pair of shoes already!

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok everyone - I'm gonna test this to see if it works.. if it does work this is a picture of Deb (mtown71) and I with my beloved Stitch at the 'Ohana Breakfast. I'm sure I don't have to tell you who is who - but just in case - I'm the one in the Stitch shirt that Stitch is kissing...

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/909/2258344630027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2258344630027714395wsiVot)

So, does it work?

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
What's sheetrock? Is that like drywall?

Same thing. We have some uh, issues, with the drywall where Alex and Scott decided to play a pickup football game. Oh and somebody need to tell Christine that she really needs more smoke detectors.

Wonder if she's found any drum souvenirs yet?

offwego
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok everyone - I'm gonna test this to see if it works.. if it does work this is a picture of Deb (mtown71) and I with my beloved Stitch at the 'Ohana Breakfast. I'm sure I don't have to tell you who is who - but just in case - I'm the one in the Stitch shirt that Stitch is kissing...

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/909/2258344630027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2258344630027714395wsiVot)
So, does it work?
It does work. What a great pic! How cool that you got to go with just your sis. Must have been a blast if the pics are anything to go by.

Same thing. We have some uh, issues, with the drywall where Alex and Scott decided to play a pickup football game. Oh and somebody need to tell Christine that she really needs more smoke detectors.

Are there drum souvenirs at Disney? Wouldn't you have them all by now?

pickup football indoors? Yikes! I do know some contractors Ken...need a number?

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Eureeka! It worked... so.. here's a few more for you guys to enjoy...

No need to tell you who is who in this one...

http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/2868/2100808090027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2100808090027714395GqWBVt)

I'm the one in the Intercot shirt...

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/1572/2905533670027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2905533670027714395WxjJUp)

Here's me with my love!

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/3693/2850414120027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2850414120027714395uuNkwq)

And here's the hug I'll always remember...

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/567/2864650200027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2864650200027714395ixvcZi)

And the happiest moment of my time in the happiest place on earth...

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/2474/2950632140027714395S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2950632140027714395tkjCBM)

Do you guys want to see any more?

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Are there drum souvenirs at Disney? Wouldn't you have them all by now?

pickup football indoors? Yikes! I do know some contractors Ken...need a number?
Believe it or not, I've bought some drumsticks at WDW. Got one pair from the shop at RnRC.

Don't worry about the contratctor numbers. We were just going to leave the repair kit out for Christine so she won't have to look for it when she gets home. (We're nice like that).

Di, did your sister get jealous that Stitch was giving you all the attention?

offwego
03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Way cool Di. How do you get your hair all braided like that in the morning?

I bought a minnie mouse headband with gold sequins (my brother nearly died laughing till he got used to it) to keep my hair back. My Mom actually bought it for me and I wore it almost every day.

the funny thing was it looked almost normal in the pictures.

And Di before you go for the next trip remind me to send you some sites for messenger style bags. Way comfier then fanny packs for the parks and easier to get out of the way for the pics with Stitch!

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Nope, she wasn't jealous at all.. in fact, she told Stitch to take me with him! I do believe I 'stitched' her out!

Think Christine would believe that Disney decided to give her home a refurb?

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Way cool Di. How do you get your hair all braided like that in the morning?

I bought a minnie mouse headband with gold sequins (my brother nearly died laughing till he got used to it) to keep my hair back. My Mom actually bought it for me and I wore it almost every day.

the funny thing was it looked almost normal in the pictures.

And Di before you go for the next trip remind me to send you some sites for messenger style bags. Way comfier then fanny packs for the parks and easier to get out of the way for the pics with Stitch!

My friend braided my hair before we left in the mornings. Yeah, the fanny pack was a bit annoying at times. But it did hold all that I needed, and my camera case also! Believe me - NOTHING got in the way of me being with my Stitchie poo!!! :D Don't we make a cute couple?

offwego
03-14-2007, 03:03 PM
yes you did! And your friend did a great job.

Our messenger style bag as slots in it for phones camera and even two waterbottles. A huge help in keeping your hands free.

It was maybe 20 bucks? We need a new one but the old one lasted for 4 trips and numerous local jaunts here there and everywhere when we need "stuff" for DS. (you know like snacks, books game boys etc)

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Di, by jove I think you're on to something--Peep S'mores. What a capital idea. (OK Nat, calm down. I know you get excited when you see the word "capital".) By the way, looks like Kentucky is off for now. We're going to have to stick closer to home this trip.

So, you think Nat would give us a small business loan and we can tour the country - going to State Fairs and such with your RV and a little Food trailer - selling our deep fried Peep S'mores? Think they might become the next big food craze?

offwego
03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
So, you think Nat would give us a small business loan and we can tour the country - going to State Fairs and such with your RV and a little Food trailer - selling our deep fried Peep S'mores? Think they might become the next big food craze?

Di, that's still a restaurant even if it's on wheels.

Doesn't anyone want to open a nice manufacturing plant? Or say develop a housing tract?Or become a dentist or Dr? Or sell stuff to other companies after they add value to it? Sigh...Hey I'm ok with fishing boats too. Just not restaurants ok? Even funeral homes are ok.Gas stations not so much but sometimes.

Maybe a windmill?

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
So much news!! Ken -- were you just in front of me on the highway? I passed an RV with Great Danes stencilled in the windows -- BEING DRIVEN BY A WAY COOL GUY WITH A GREY PONYTAIL!!!!!!! Are you Spring Breaking in Ajax? We just got back from a couple of hours at Reptilia -- A Reptile Zoo about 30 miles away -- Snakes, Skinks, Crocs (not black plastic ones.... :D), Pythons, Anacondas, Cobras, Iguanas, Gekkos, Bearded Dragons..... Very cool -- and the kids got to pet a Reticulating Python... I kept my distance to take the photo :hide: . I like :lizard: but keep the legless ones away from me thank you very much! We hadn't been in a couple of years -- DS did a project on Anacondas back in Grade 2 -- so we went up to get some sheddings and pictures for his 28' x 1' paper recreation of the Green Anaconda (it was fun taking that to school ).... I digress....

Di -- 1st -- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PEEPS. I am sure I have seen them in the market -- and I am NOT interested (says I in my most polite Mary Poppins voice). :D
2nd -- GREAT PICS!! I love pictures -- and those are great of you and Deb and hewhoshallnotbenamed. :stitch2:

Nat -- You gotta go with the black -- any excuse for shoes baby! Please PM me the messenger bag link! I have always had a backpack and fanny -- but we are travelling so much lighter now that Euan is without diapers or a stroller..... And even though I will miss the fashion statement afforded by the fanny pack -- a messenger bag is the way to go methinks!

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Di -- 1st -- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PEEPS. I am sure I have seen them in the market -- and I am NOT interested (says I in my most polite Mary Poppins voice). :D
2nd -- GREAT PICS!! I love pictures -- and those are great of you and Deb and hewhoshallnotbenamed. :stitch2:

Ok, ok, no peeps for Jenn.. I get it.. I get it! How about a can of Gold Star Chili Chili Spaghetti?:D

Glad you liked the pics! hewhoshallnotbenamed is so photogenic! He should be in movies! :laughing: I'm gonna try to download some more pics (maybe some without hewhoshallnotbenamed) and get them up on the trip reports thread...

So, is there anything left to eat in Christine's fridge - or did Ken's great dane and Alex's whonanny clean it out?

offwego
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Nat -- You gotta go with the black -- any excuse for shoes baby! Please PM me the messenger bag link! I have always had a backpack and fanny -- but we are travelling so much lighter now that Euan is without diapers or a stroller..... And even though I will miss the fashion statement afforded by the fanny pack -- a messenger bag is the way to go methinks!

I'm gonna leave the whole reptile thing just alone if you don't mind...shudder.

Maybe I should run out now and buy the shoes? jeepers I just realized I haven't bought a pair this month maybe I'm ill?

And yeah a messenger bag is a little more in the moment then the fanny pack. Plus it's so so much easier to trade back and forth between you and Brian and or the boys. That truly is why we went with it vs a backback which since they are designed for both shoulders can be not very good for you on just one. My DB did use a backpack (which he mostly carried) and the other thing is getting it all the way off or around to dig something out vs just opening it up and getting in there. Anyway they are simpler to use.

ElenitaB
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Step away from the Peeps! :nono:

[Slightly louder and sterner] Step away from the Peeps! :stop:

Or become a dentist or Dr? Or sell stuff to other companies after they add value to it? Sigh...Hey I'm ok with fishing boats too. Just not restaurants ok?

Maybe a windmill?
I'd love to do any and all of those things and maybe even switch my Doctor status to one that would be more helpful to both society and my financial bottomline. As for the windmill, I can tell you all about Don Quixote ;) (my degrees are in Hispanic Literature).

Thanks for sharing the pics, Di! It's nice to finally "meet" you. How are you feeling? How's Drummerboy Frankie?

So what should our new business be?

Mickey'sGirl
03-14-2007, 03:50 PM
So, is there anything left to eat in Christine's fridge - or did Ken's great dane and Alex's whonanny clean it out? I hear she has some stale ol' food coloured marshmallow animals ( :chicken::bunny: )

I'm gonna leave the whole reptile thing just alone if you don't mind...shudder. YOu have a problem with :frog::turtle::gator::lizard: ?

Anyway they are simpler to use. Simple is good in my world these days!! :goof::crazy:

offwego
03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I'd love to do any and all of those things and maybe even switch my Doctor status to one that would be more helpful to both society and my financial bottomline. As for the windmill, I can tell you all about Don Quixote ;) (my degrees are in Hispanic Literature).

Actually windmills are a big deal around here. At least a potential big deal. Problem is unproven technology (here at least in Canada) and unproven studies as to ROI.

Hispanic Literature? Wow! All my post secondary education courses (not really a degree girl just here there and everywhere stuff) are all directly related to my field. Do you suppose that's because my company pays for them? Mind you the plaques you get stil look pretty cool either way so I'm not complaining.

offwego
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I
YOu have a problem with :frog::turtle::gator::lizard: ?
Simple is good in my world these days!! :goof::crazy:

yes I'm scared of them. Not as bad as spiders but still not a real warm and fuzzy feeling.

However I think they are very much a valuable part of our ecosystem and thus am prepared to leave them alone if they leave me alone.

Isn't everyone scared of something? Except maybe Frankie?

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics, Di! It's nice to finally "meet" you. How are you feeling? How's Drummerboy Frankie?

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the pics! I'm feeling better. Drummerboy Frankie is doing fine.. he's leaving some major sore spots though on me... pulling those stickies off each morning is really irritating my skin. I'll be glad when I"m done with this. Things seem to have calmed down - my pulse rate though is hoovering between 85 to 100. The ER doct though told me they do not get concerned unless it drops below 60 or goes above 100.

How are you feeling Ellen?

Our new business? Hmmm... seems Drummerboy Discount lines have the market 'cornered' on just about every idea - except the Deep Fried Peep S'mores... But with you standing in front of the Peeps cabinet with that rather large looking baseball bat - well, that idea just might have to be put to rest ;)

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Isn't everyone scared of something? Except maybe Frankie?
Do you mean Frankie's not scared of anything or that we're all scared of Frankie?

I think we need a catchy name for our Peep S'mores. Anybody want to help? I'd say PeepMores, but somebody might think that's just talking about Frankie being a masher.

Shouldn't they make them in Sheep shapes and call them 'Little-Bo-Peeps'?

offwego
03-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Do you mean Frankie's not scared of anything or that we're all scared of Frankie?

I think we need a catchy name for our Peep S'mores. Anybody want to help? I'd say PeepMores, but somebody might think that's just talking about Frankie being a masher.

I kinda meant that Frankie isn't scared of anything with the whole sec. agent thing.

But whatever works.

As to names..peepsbegone?

disneydrmr
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM

How about S'morepeeps? It's the name of the food, AND it's like saying "I want some more peeps".

LOVE the Little Bo Peep idea - you need to write to the peep company and suggest that! BUT.. first you need to get the copyrights on the idea - that way they will have to pay you! And make sure you charge them enough to take all your JQ friends to Disney!!!

Jasper
03-14-2007, 07:14 PM
How about a loan for a costume store? My wife purchased a local one last year and is looking for cash to expand to a larger location and with more inventory.

Did anyone get the red wine stains out of Christine's carpet yet? If we can't get it out should we just set a plant over the spot?

drummerboy
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Did anyone get the red wine stains out of Christine's carpet yet? If we can't get it out should we just set a plant over the spot?
Didn't I see a huge bottle of red dye #2 in the pantry? I say we just dye the whole rug and hope she doesn't notice.

Speaking of don't notice... does anybody know if she had a pool in the back yard before we got here?

Christine
03-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Okay, I am downright fearful to come home now! Maybe after you finish housesitting for me, you could nominate me for an extreme home makeover? That would get me another Disney trip, wouldn't it??

Be sure and check your treat bags...I jotted down your requests and will be adding them as I find them!

Have a good night...

alpro2
03-14-2007, 11:30 PM
How about peepsheeps or sheepspeep? Shhh...Christine is lurking around. She might hear us.

Beast_fanatic
03-15-2007, 12:05 AM

So cool! Thanks so much for the virtual souvie! It made my day!

So, does it work?

Cool pic, but are you sure that Stitch was kissing you? Because it looked like he was biting your ear off. :eek:

Christine
03-15-2007, 12:31 AM

Ken, you asked for a dress shirt! Do you need a drum souvenir too?

offwego
03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Christine you don't like red carpeting?

Neat photo for Jenn!!

Alex does this mean your back or did you just stop in for candy?

disneydrmr
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Cool pic, but are you sure that Stitch was kissing you? Because it looked like he was biting your ear off. :eek:

Thanks for the chuckle! I went back and looked at the picture and it does look like he could be nibbling my ear (he's such a romantic! :D ) but he was making kissy sounds as the picture was taken, so that's how I know he was kissing me!

Um, if we dye all Christine's carpet red, then don't we have to go get furniture that will match? Actually, after "the little accident' I think she'll need new furniture anyway....;)

drummerboy
03-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Ken, you asked for a dress shirt! Do you need a drum souvenir too?
Well, I figured since you were giving the whole world away anyway...

Um, if we dye all Christine's carpet red, then don't we have to go get furniture that will match? Actually, after "the little accident' I think she'll need new furniture anyway....;)
SSShhhhhh! Didn't you know she's lurking? Don't say that so loud. Besides, how was I to know my Great Dane drank all that water just before we got there. I think I've got some excess lawn furniture in my back yard--think I'll just go fetch that. I bet she won't notice.

offwego
03-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the chuckle! I went back and looked at the picture and it does look like he could be nibbling my ear (he's such a romantic! :D ) but he was making kissy sounds as the picture was taken, so that's how I know he was kissing me!

Oh you mean she wanted the cushions like that?

Jasper sorry I didn't re quote you, but retail expansion is tricky! Best of luck to you and your wife in that. I'm sure the rules are different and yet similar between us/canada but if you think I could be of any help please feel free to PM me.

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Mornin' folks. I can see that you are all well on the way to a day of lunacy already! Glad to see I can count on you! ;)

I am taking my best work friend out for lunch today -- he is retiring tomorrow after 50 years in the biz. I am really going to miss him. Is it lunchtime yet? :mickey:

offwego
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Mornin' folks. I can see that you are all well on the way to a day of lunacy already! Glad to see I can count on you! ;)

I am taking my best work friend out for lunch today -- he is retiring tomorrow after 50 years in the biz. I am really going to miss him. Is it lunchtime yet? :mickey:

That's so neat! I hope you have a good time. Where are you going? Thai? Malaysian?

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
That's so neat! I hope you have a good time. Where are you going? Thai? Malaysian?
Nah....he's a little more....conservative... than I am. We are going to the Irish Embassy Pub... He's a really lovely man with a great laugh and full of stories.... He used to work for me ... and he still likes me??!
How is everyone today? Ellen? Di? Christine (I can't see my souvenier here -- I'll have to look at home ;) )?
Jasper -- methinks I'll be needing some costumes for Mickey's Hallowe'en Party in October.... Should we do a family theme, or go our own ways?

offwego
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Nah....he's a little more....conservative... than I am. We are going to the Irish Embassy Pub... He's a really lovely man with a great laugh and full of stories.... He used to work for me ... and he still likes me??!
Jasper -- methinks I'll be needing some costumes for Mickey's Hallowe'en Party in October.... Should we do a family theme, or go our own ways?

Go for the family theme!!

Jenn I've been to that Pub. (With a bunch from work on a training course way back in 2002).

If I remember right you work near King St right? Or am I confused? Sigh...while I don't really miss the commute I do miss working in the big city. Kinda, sorta some days.

Did I ever remember to tell you I was offered a job in Ajax the same day I was offered this one? It was pretty funny. (Generally banking doesn't result in bidding on employee's trust me I had some very surprised people around me as I debated which offer to say yes to..and then got another one two days later!! My current boss still laughs about being told he'd have to be called back while I considered which one to accept.:rotfl: )

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 10:25 AM
If I remember right you work near King St right? Or am I confused? Sigh...while I don't really miss the commute I do miss working in the big city. Kinda, sorta some days.
I do. I hated working in the suburbs ... I love the look and feel and opportunities downtown. :thumbsup:

Did I ever remember to tell you I was offered a job in Ajax the same day I was offered this one? You missed a great chance! Think of it -- we could be having a cup of Coffee over at the Chapters/Starbucks near the bank -- Wouldn't that be fun?

offwego
03-15-2007, 10:42 AM
:
You missed a great chance! Think of it -- we could be having a cup of Coffee over at the Chapters/Starbucks near the bank -- Wouldn't that be fun?

I know but the house market really tipped the difference. 2500 sq feet semi (on a 100x45 lot) for 172M brand new would be hard to do in Ajax. It was really tough as that was the better job career wise as well. But the money was a tie and the house costs were not so here we are.

Perhaps next time? Since I've upped the money issue since? After all the bank's not going anywhere!

Mickey'sGirl
03-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Perhaps next time? Since I've upped the money issue since? After all the bank's not going anywhere!
That's right -- and I can introduce you to the town without a downtown (though we do have Thai!).....
I think I'm going to go out and buy myself about 10 pots of spring flowers.....I need to brighten things up a bit.... Daffodils or Tulips?

offwego
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
That's right -- and I can introduce you to the town without a downtown (though we do have Thai!).....
I think I'm going to go out and buy myself about 10 pots of spring flowers.....I need to brighten things up a bit.... Daffodils or Tulips?

Daffodils persoanlly. Just not Hycinths (not sure of the spelling there) the strong scent on those would be overwhelming. I love crocuses though. They are so bright and cheerful.

Did you get snow again too? And where is everyone else today?

Jasper
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Speaking of don't notice... does anybody know if she had a pool in the back yard before we got here?

Uh, I didn't think anyone would notice that little accident I had with that backhoe I borrowed from that street project next door!

Do you think we should concrete the hole or just leave it muddy as it is now?

mtown71
03-15-2007, 11:04 AM

Nope.....No jealousy. I tried to get Stitch to take her away but he wouldn't. Hmmmm.;) Now, I do admit to pushing Di out of the way when we met Koda.:blush:

Thanks for all the good ideas for what to do & not do after my tonsils get yanked. I am so not looking forward to this. Will DDWS&SFS (Drummerboys discount water supply & soft food store) give me huge discounts if I buy in bulk?

Jasper
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM

I think the family theme is always fun! But whatever you like we should be able to accomodate you. Pirates are sure to be hot again this year!

Anyone know when Pirates 3 is going to be released?

offwego
03-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for all the good ideas for what to do & not do after my tonsils get yanked. I am so not looking forward to this. Will DDWS&SFS (Drummerboys discount water supply & soft food store) give me huge discounts if I buy in bulk?

Deb wouldn't buying even more discounted food from DDWS & SFS lead to other medical issues? Or are expiry dates not key anymore?

Meeting Koda would have been pretty cool. I remember how blown away my DS was meeting Meg from Hercules a few years back. Funny how the odd meeting can stay with you huh?

Jasper you can drive a backhoe? cool!

Jasper
03-15-2007, 11:09 AM

No question, go with the daffodils! Daffodils give you looks as well as scent!

How much snow are you all getting up north?