PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

indytraveler
03-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Hello fellow intercotees... Yesterday marked the annual right of passage for so many college basketball players. Yes it is MARCH and that means in the next 30 days we will get our fill of college basketball games both mens and womens. Staring this weekend thru next with all the conference championships into the actual 64 1/2 teams that make up the bracket. I'm not looking for anyone's final four picks yet but rather if anyone has tried to spend March in front of a TV set?

citizensnoopy
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm so excited for March Madness this year! Hoping my UCLA Bruins can pull it off! :D

kakn7294
03-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I hate basketball - I can't stand the squeaking noise of the shoes on the wood floor! However, I do watch and am rooting for Pitt even though they look bad lately. Maybe this will be the year they can pull it off.:number1:

DizneyFreak2002
03-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I'll be paying attention to the Big East tournament this year since my college made it... St. John's finally got it.... Doubt they will last long, but, who knows... Hopefully this leads to a NIT birth at least....

Melanie
03-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Gig 'em, Aggies! :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, I'm saying that about basketball. :scratch:

Yep, gotta pull for my husband's alma mater this year, since my team (Wake Forest) stinks this year.

Love March Madness!! :basket:

DWHUBBY
03-04-2007, 09:35 PM
THE BEST MONTH OF COLLEGE SPORTS...PERIOD!!! You have the roads to the Final Four (Go Tar Heels) and the Frozen Four (Go UMAINE). A little early yet for predictions but why not get the ball rolling, right?:D :D

Donald A
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
I hope the University of Akron gets in. I got my undergrad degree there. There was an interesting article on Yahoo about how LeBron James supports the Akron Zips as a lot of those players played with LeBron in HS. The MAC can produce a decent spoiler team. Remember Kent State's run several years ago?

Advnt05
03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Go Yellow Jackets (GA Tech)! I think we can beat anyone but can also lose to anyone. It should be fun to watch. My only hope is that Memphis goes down or I will not be able to live with my mother in law.

Scar
03-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, I know Rutgers isn't getting in. The football team actually won more games (11-2) than the basketball team (10-19). :rolleyes:

mamacatnv
03-05-2007, 01:00 PM
:team: We love it although we tend to just watch Our Nevada Wolfpack until we get to the big dance :basket: at the end of the month. We have the WAC :basket: tournament coming up -

This is a small town and we have no pro sports. The big resort in the center of town will be lit up in UNR blue. It will become festive with that "holiday" electricity in the air. The sports bars will be full, lots of beer and wings will be consumed in the coming weeks. We love it!

DizneyFreak2002
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
The Big East Tournament starts Wednesday... My team, St. John's gets to play Marquette in the first round... They beat Marquette the first time they played them... Let's see if the Red Storm can make it twice... If so, then we get Pittsburgh... That's where the run ends...

RedSoxFan
03-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm pulling for the Kentucky Wildcats. DS19 is a freshman there.

DizneyFreak2002
03-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Georgetown is looking good.... Duke, no so good.... I have to root for a Big East team.... Georgetown is one of my picks for a Final Four slot....

citizensnoopy
03-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm bummed that UCLA didn't get a 1 seed. They sort of imploded last week. :(

Melanie
03-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow! :eek:

Duke just went down, down, down. Bet the Carolina fans are smirking mightily right about now. :rolleyes: :fit:

DWHUBBY
03-16-2007, 06:53 AM
you better believe it !!

Jen0610
03-16-2007, 07:44 AM

Duke just went down, down, down. Bet the Carolina fans are smirking mightily right about now. :rolleyes: :fit:

There was a whole lotta cheering going on in our house last night. Any time the Dukies get beat, it is a time for a party. :party: :party: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jared
03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Yesterday marked the beginning of a solid--not great--first round. Something exciting needs to happen today.

Duke should not have been a 6-seed. No other team with that resume would have played a good team like Virginia Commonwealth in the first round. Like Notre Dame in football, Duke is constantly seeded too high and loses early in the Tournament. This Duke team was mediocre.

My Final Four consists of Florida, UCLA, Georgetown and Texas A&M. The Aggies scared me yesterday, trailing Pennsylvania midway through the second half.

Brittany, don't be upset about your Bruins. Top seeds rarely win.

mamacatnv
03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
:basket::team: :cheer: :cheer: NV. WOLFPACK :cheer: :cheer:

TIP OFF IN 50 MINUTES - WHOOHOO

Advnt05
03-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech stinks. Hopefully everyone will come back next year to make another run at it. :thumbsup:

mamacatnv
03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah - :cheer: Go Wolfpack, Go Wolfpack:cheer:

RazdOnDis
03-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Duke just went down, down, down. Bet the Carolina fans are smirking mightily right about now. :rolleyes: :fit:Well, not smirking but it's always nice to see them go down. They were seeded too high anyway. GO HEELS!!

WDWfanatic742
03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Is anyone else annoyed with these announcers during the Texas A&M and Memphis game??? At the very end, the ball clearly bounces inbounds and the clock is supposed to run until it hits the ground out of bounds. A&M should have made the lay-up with 45 seconds too but that's why it's called March Madness I guess.

disneydeb
03-23-2007, 12:35 AM
And like there was no foul in the end of the OS / Tennessee game!??BS!

RazdOnDis
03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Is anyone else annoyed with these announcers during the Texas A&M and Memphis game??? At the very end, the ball clearly bounces inbounds and the clock is supposed to run until it hits the ground out of bounds. A&M should have made the lay-up with 45 seconds too but that's why it's called March Madness I guess.I was saying the same thing at the time. "Jeez, what are you blind?" What were they looking at? The ball bounced inbounds. Personally I thought they should have taken more off the clock than they did. It bounced about 6 feet in the air and took a lot longer than 1.1 seconds to hit the scorer's table.

Melanie
03-25-2007, 07:29 PM
:joy:Thank you, Hoyas!!! :joy:

That was SO worth messing up my bracket!

RazdOnDis
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
As an added bonus it also allowed you to display that world renowned sportsmanship that Duke fans are so famous for.

King Triton
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Wow, its not easy winning the bracket pools this year.

I have all four of the final four correct and have no chance of winning. Last year I don't think anyone had any in the final four and it was all over by now.

Melanie
03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
As an added bonus it also allowed you to display that world renowned sportsmanship that Duke fans are so famous for.

So not a Duke fan (not even close), but thanks for labeling me as such. :thumbsup: There are other teams in NC, the last time I checked.

And yes, I'm still just as happy today as I was the other day. :joy: Let someone else win!

RazdOnDis
03-28-2007, 09:13 AM
So not a Duke fan (not even close), but thanks for labeling me as such. :thumbsup: There are other teams in NC, the last time I checked.

And yes, I'm still just as happy today as I was the other day. :joy: Let someone else win!My apologies. I made that assumption based upon your earlier post.

There is a difference between being happy about it and posting something that basically says, "nyah, nyah, you guys lost hahahaha" immediately after the game.

Melanie
03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
There is a difference between being happy about it and posting something that basically says, "nyah, nyah, you guys lost hahahaha" immediately after the game.

If you've ever read my previous posts about this subject, my feelings on it are very, very strong, as a result of growing up on Tobacco Road where folks live and breathe ACC basketball.

To be honest, it's been nice to be away from it for a few years. Much better for my heart. ;) But that's a whole 'nother story no one cares about.

But the Tar Heels have lost, although no doubt Tyler Hansbrough and Co. will be back with a vengeance next season. Roy will see to that. :)

I think this year I'm kinda rooting for a rematch of the football national championship game. :thumbsup:

Scar
03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Congratulations to the Rutgers Lady Knights for reaching the Final Four. :number1:

King Triton
03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Congratulations to the Rutgers Lady Knights for reaching the Final Four. :number1:

Ditto!!

WDWfanatic742
03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm doing pretty good in my bracket will three out of the four right and in third place.

Now I just need Florida to beat UCLA and then for them to beat Georgetown in the Championship. Although I wouldn't be too sad to see a rematch of the Football Championship either...

goofhook
03-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Now I just need Florida to beat UCLA and then for them to beat Georgetown in the Championship. Although I wouldn't be too sad to see a rematch of the Football Championship either...[/QUOTE] I don't like that Georgetown part.. Go Buckeyes!:number1: :stitch:

WDWfanatic742
03-31-2007, 11:24 PM
Rematch of the Football Championship. Hmm, two football schools playing in a Basketball Championship.

I got Florida winning 70 to 65 over Ohio State :gator:

citizensnoopy
03-31-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm so depressed right now. What a poor showing by the Bruins tonight. :(

goofhook
04-01-2007, 07:06 AM
:plot: Georgetown could have done a lot better. With Oden on the bench for most of the first half and parts of the second, the Hoyas should have taken advantage of that. Well, I'm still thinking the buckeyes will win it all.:plot:

WED1901
04-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Looks like the gators are OSU's Daddy! Congrats to the Gators....again.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
04-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Gator Nation is having a field day! :gator:

WEDTOPIA
04-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Gator Nation rules the NCAA !!! Two b-ball titles and a pigskin in 12 months. Ohio State is mourning once again.:gator: :gator: :gator:

:number1:

:mickey: