PDA

View Full Version : His real name???

tyandskyesmom
03-01-2007, 12:24 PM
:confused: The other day Skye and I were watching the bonus disc from the Snow White DVD while waiting for Ty in the car. One of the clips, I think in the section about Disney/Snow White history, during one of the re-issues of the movie at the theater the narrator calls Snow White's Prince Prince Charming...Skye looked at me with this horrified look on her face (remember she's almost 3) and said "He's not Prince Charming!" We have always just know him as Snow White's Prince or The Snow Prince and he signs his name as The Prince.

Was he at one time names Prince Charming or was this just an uncaught error?

Speedy1998
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Sounds to me like an uncaught error.

mrp4352
03-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I thought I remembered always calling him Prince Charming, so I went to imdb.com to see what they had listed. Prince Charming is listed as a character in the film. I think it comes from the part of the story where Snow is telling the dwarves about him...

Blue Genie
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Prince Charming is from Cinderella. The Prince from Snow White has always ben know as The Prince. Just like Princess Aurora is know as Princess Aurora or Brair Rose. Sleepy Beauty is just the name of the movie. I don't like it when they call Princess Aurora Sleepy Beauty cause that's not her name. When I met Snow White's Prince he sign my autograph book The Prince.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bluegenieace/album/576460762310561111/photo/294928803038295138/0

Here is a picture of that Autograph with Snow White.

DizneyFreak2002
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I thought he was just one of those "officially unamed" characters, and that he was just called The Prince....

LibertyTreeGal
03-11-2007, 12:11 AM
He signed my kids' autograph books as "The Prince" LOL

JPL
03-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Definately not Prince Charming I just did some quick research :thumbsup: Prince Charming is from Cinderella there is no Official name for Snow White's Prince

Blue Genie
03-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Just as I said JK :D

bradk
03-18-2007, 02:18 PM
i think he's referred to as Snow Prince in some inner circles.

but he really does not have a name (which is ironic since Disney was the one who gave the dwarfs names).

Charming belongs to Cinderella, Philip belongs to Aurora.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-07-2007, 05:25 AM
So...then, what would the prince from Beauty and the Beast be called after the transformation? Because obviously, he wouldn't be the Beast anymore.

Although, I read it once somewhere that he had a name, a real name. Like Philip, but I can't remember what or where it was, and I haven't found it since.

I guess that's why they refer to the Princes as Snow Prince, Prince Charming, Prince Philip, and The Prince (from the CM's at MGM, that's how he is referred to anyways).