PDA

View Full Version : Hey FORT WILDERNESS Lovers!!

jedigrrrl
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd like to know what's the LONGEST TIME you've stayed at Fort Wilderness?

We just stayed in FW this past weekend and saw so many campsites set-up to look like they were staying forever!! Lights, lamps, trains, flags, character cut-outs, signs, you-name-it. When I was a teenager, we used to stay at FW every summer for 2 weeks, but I don't remember people going that all-out.

Also, on the bus, my Godmother was talking to a man who said he had been there since Dec. 1st and was leaving this week!! That's 3 months!! If only....

Tell me about your extra long trips!
:mickey: :mickey:
thanks!

Mike Serafin
02-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Can you say SNOWBIRDS!

ibrowse17
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
We stayed for two weeks last June, and just got back from staying last week as well. That is the longest for us, but we have talked to people that have been there for months.

Jasper
02-26-2007, 10:08 PM
While we have never stayed at Fort Wilderness I can tell you that people around here go all out even for just a weekend. It is not unusual to see a camper around here pull their rig into a campground late on a Friday afternoon or early evening and spend the next two or three hours setting stuff up only to take it all down again and leave by noon on Sunday!!

faline
02-27-2007, 05:34 AM
The longest we ever stayed was 2 weeks but that was a number of years ago.

laward32
02-27-2007, 10:19 AM
We stayed there in December and you should have seen all the Christmas :tree: decorations. :ornament: :deer: People had little trailers behind their RV's that held all their decorations. It was crazy. My dad talked to a lot of people and there are alot of retirees that come down and stay weeks and months at a time. And alot of them aren't even visiting "the world", just relaxing.

DNS
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Two weeks is the most for us to date. We were there the end of May last year and the RV in the next space to us had quite a lot set up, including regular sized sand box for their little one.

mickey98
02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't forget you have the campers who work for Disney and keep their rigs in F.W. We see the same folks who have their rig set up in the 300 loop each year when we go

DNS
02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Don't forget you have the campers who work for Disney and keep their rigs in F.W. We see the same folks who have their rig set up in the 300 loop each year when we go
We were in either the 200 or 300 loop last May.

Kidatheart
03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
The longest we have ever stayed was for 7 nights. We always decorate our site. Now not as much as some!! I have seen sites that you needed sun glasses at night for. But it makes Ft. Wilderness what it is. I would not want it any other way. Love it!!!
79 days 14 Hours 13 minutes!!!! Can't wait!!!!
:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

jpcormier
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
We've stayed 12 nights the two trips we've taken. You really have to if you're travelling down from the Boston area.

IDreamofEeyore
03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Our longest stay at FW was 10 days back in 1986....loved it!!

AndrewJackson
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
We stayed for 12 days back in the summer of 2000. We loved it. We use to have a Class C. I grew up vacationing at Fort Wilderness. It was a fulfillment of a dream to drive my own motorhome down there.

Not2Loud
03-10-2007, 09:39 AM
We used to stay for two weeks when I was a kid. The longest I have stayed as an adult is 10 days. If my wife didn't work, we would stay longer as I am self employed and can do my work anywhere.

When we stayed in the cabin 10 days in Feb, we didn't decorate at all. I am thinking it might be fun to do next time. If the RV's can do it, I might as well in the cabin!

JRocker
03-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Let's see here...

In '03 we pulled the pop up down there and stayed for 13 nights?
In '06, same pop up, 14 nights.

We don't spend any time decorating, um, we've got better things to do :party: :thumbsup:

No matter how long we stay, we never want to leave.

Camping Mom
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
10 nights for us is the longest. We stay that long nearly everytime we go. We go mostly in the summer and don't do a lot of decorating, but the one Christmas we took the trailer, we did. My older two sons and my husband put up lights on the trailer, which looked great but wouldn't stay up, and all the inside.

One summer we parked next to a man who said he had been there 3 months..he had a motorcycle, a VW bug and a motorhome all parked on his sight. He said he was on vacation. I want to be on vacation at Ft. Wilderness for 3 months!!:fit: PLEASE!!

TheRustyScupper
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
. . . My dad talked to a lot of people and there are alot of retirees that come down and stay weeks and months at a time. And alot of them aren't even visiting "the world", just relaxing . . .

1) You can stay 6-months on a single ressie.
2) If you stay more, you need a separate ressie.
3) WL is a favorite campground in Florida.
4) The prices are actually close to other RV parks.
5) Plus, two other MAJOR parks closed lately.
6) This made FW a prime RV park.
7) Thus, lots of people stay and don't do parks.

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 07:58 AM
We stayed 2 weeks before but I think that max stay now is 10 days

Camping Cat
05-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Our longest stay was 17 nights. It was supposed to be 15, but we had problems with our van and had to add another 2 nights. Our AP had expired on what was supposed to be our last day so we took the 2 days to explore some of the resorts and spend some extra time at Downtown Disney. It really was a relaxing way to end our vacation, but I could have done without the repair bill on the van.:mickey:

Tink's Friend
06-16-2007, 07:50 PM
We stayed 2 weeks before but I think that max stay now is 10 days

Nope. We've got campsite ressies for 25 days in October, so I don't think they limit it, other than the 6 month maximum.

I think the 10 day limit only applies to packages.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

January-2007
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I think the 10 day limit only applies to packages.

Actually, now the limit is 14 nights for packages. It changed at the beginning of 2007.

TheMartellFamily
06-19-2007, 04:57 PM
14 days was the longest we stayed. at that time we would buy year pass and then come for two weeks the next year two weeks eariler so we would get a full month for one price was well worth it at that time.

Disneyfamilyoffive
06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
The longest we have stayed at FW is 8 nights in the cabins we were just there May/June, grew up at FW, Love it, we bought a travel trailer in April, unfortunatly the camp ground was full for the time we were already booked in the cabins...but its all good. I do have question this last visit we seen some lamp posts with Mickey head as the Globe. have tried to find them online different sites, if anyone knows where to get them or if you even can I would appreciate the information.

:mickey: