PDA

View Full Version : H and H's Feb Trip...

ibrowse17
02-26-2007, 02:57 PM
DW and I have just returned from a great week at Disney. We stayed at FtW as always, and had our fingers crossed for good weather. We arrived on Saturday, 17 Feb and left on 24 Feb. While we did not see any dream squads, or get get tapped, it was a great trip.

Day 1- Got that giddy feeling as we pulled onto World Drive and passed under the welcome sign.:cloud9: Checked into Ft. Wilderness and set up our site on the 2000 loop. Walked over to the bike barn and got a cart for the week, which DW loved! The weather was nice, and we had a wonderful boat ride to MK, then on to the GF for dinner at Narcossees. DW had lobster for the first time. Watched Wishes:fworks: from our table, then headed back to FtW.

Day 2- The weather turned cold and very windy:freeze: We had to bundle up for the boatride to MK. As we passed the Cont, I saw something I found to be very funny. While the boat crews and pool lifeguards had on what looked to be Artic survival gear, the pool was full of people. I know the pools are heated, and those folks had to be from points well north, but I thought the contrast was funny. Went to MK, rode the new POTC among others, then lunch at Liberty Tree. After returning to our campsite for an afternoon break, we went back to MK rode more rides, saw parade and Wishes.

Day 3- Drove over to POFQ and checked it out. We were thinking of staying there next time, and really enjoyed walking through and eating breakfast there. On to Epcot and rode several things. DW's favorite was the new Nemo ride. Had lunch at Germany, then back to FW for a break. Evening saw us back at MK for dinner at Casey's and Wishes.

Day 4- Spent most of the day at D/MGM, and rode as much as we could. Weather much better, wore shorts from this day on. Spent rest of evening at FW looking at site decorations, dinner at Trail's End.

Day 5- Our day off from the parks! Slept in and had huge breakfast at Trail's End. Rode our cart all over FW, and walked the swamp trail. Spent the afternoon at DTD, where DW bought more than we could carry:spend: . For dinner we ate at Chef Mickey's. DW went nuts over getting her pic with all the characters:party: Really enjoyed watching her have so much fun!

Day 6- Back to MK, DW rode Astro Orbiter for the fist time, and agreed to ride Teacups! Had lunch at Crystal Palace, and DW again went nuts over the characters. On our way out of MK, I got my first Disney haircut. After our break, was going to head over to AK, but decided not to after hearing how crazy crowded it was. It seemed to be that way all week, and even was maxed out one day. Went back to MK for Wishes and light dinner.

Day 7- Relaxed most of the morning after another huge breakfast at Trail's End. Spent some time at MGM, then took a nap and had dinner at Artist Point before going to the Pirates and Princesses Party at MK. That was FUN! The park was almost empty, almost all ride lines under 5 minutes!:woohoo: The parade was great, DW once again went nuts over Captain Jack and Tinker Bell. The best was the fireworks! We love Wishes, but man where these great. It was a great night, and we loved how they had everything decorated.

Day 8- Broke camp after another Trail's End breakfast. Went to Epcot for most of the day, and left Disney around 5:00. Drove all the home, getting back to Mobile around midnight. We had a great time, loved the weather and did not want to leave. I always hate leaving WDW :sadwave: DW says we should feel lucky about being able to go and enjoy ourselves, and she is right. Still, I cant help wonder about the place I leave behind, and how long it might be before I return.:plot: Well, the planning has begun!!!

ChipnDaleGal
02-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Sounds like you two had a wonderful time. I keep hearing how amazing those fireworks are for the Princess and Pirate party. I hope to see them myself if they hold the parties next year. Thanks for sharing your trip with us and happy planning for your next one. :mickey:

Jennib
02-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a perfect mix of relaxation and activity!! Thanks for the report!

:mickey:

Christine
02-26-2007, 05:31 PM
That sounds like a great trip!

I told my husband I WILL go to the P&P party next year (I was supposed to go this year but had to cancel due to a family emergency). It sounds out of this world!

Glad you had fun, and hope your next visit is very soon!!

Bethis26fan
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a great trip.

dtootsie42
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks for your report. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip!

faline
02-27-2007, 06:05 AM
You've made me homesick for Fort Wilderness! Hope you spent a little time sitting on the rockers in front of Pioneer Hall?!

The Pirates and Princess Party is so much fun! Glad you got to enjoy it as well!

DizNee143
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
sounds like a great trip...im glad you and your wife had a good time..and yes..i think everyone hates leaving! its always the worse part of the trip...thanx for sharing! :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Caroleh
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for sharing!!! Sounds like a nice relaxing time. Makes me want to be there sooner!!!

ElenitaB
03-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Sounds like you both had a wonderful trip, AND that you've found the antidote to that sad feeling we all get when leaving to go home: planning your next trip!

Thanks for sharing this trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about your time there.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. I'll bet you can't wait to go back again.