PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 2/24 - Part 1

Ten of Hearts
02-25-2007, 10:55 AM
We had a wonderful trip. The weather couldn't have been nicer! Missed the Magic Kingdom exit on I-4, but we turned ourselves around on International Dr. and got back on the interstate. I was thinking of getting us there early enough so we could see Mickey & Co. arrive at MK but will have to save for next time. It took all of about 5 minutes to park the car, hop on the tram and get our tickets at will call. DM suggested we take the riverboat instead of the monorail. Me, DM and DF enjoyed the ride over to MK and you can see all the coins where people make a wish. I saw a young boy gleefully running after seagulls on the beach of the Polynesian. Now on to the main entrance...the photographers have arrived!!
:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
02-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Sounds like you are off to an exciting start! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a great start. Can't wait to hear more.

faline
02-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Glad you arrived and are ready for the fun to begin!

Walt's Mickey
02-26-2007, 02:55 PM
That sounds fantasmic! You are getting me excited for our trip in 5 days. We arive at POR on March 3rd. I look forward to more reports!

Ten of Hearts
02-27-2007, 06:40 AM
It was a beautiful February morning as we made our way to the main entrance. The crowd was moderate and we looked forward to our brunch on Main St. DM thought the bakery would be just right. We took our time admiring the beautiful Clydesdale that propelled the quaint horse trolley and I made my way to City Hall and picked up my b-day button. The fellow at the front desk was ever so nice! We loved the Pinocchio characters and DF and I took the first of our park photos. Now we turned towards the castle and this is so magical...:tink: ...Tinkerbell is somewhere in the castle! (Now I know how Tink 'magically' appears but won't tell! They way they do it is amazing.). There was a bit of a wait in the bakery but I kind of lightened things up: DF handed me his hat so he could put his camera away for the moment. Then I wanted to take a picture of DM but had the hat in my hand. So, I put DF's hat on top of the hat DM was wearing and everyone thought that was funny, including a couple standing nearby. I took my picture and it was cool. There are so many wonderful choices at the bakery! What to eat? They had a sign out for the ham and cheese croissant so that was my choice. It was superbly delicious. They scramble the egg and cheese together and the flavors meld together on the croissant with the ham. We shared a cherry turnover, which had a very nice flaky crust. The coffee was freshly made and perfect.
As we made our way down Main St. there were many happy faces as groups of people fan towards the castle and disperse into the different park areas. We made our way past the Crystal Palace and because it wasn't that crowded got some good picture taking of ducks and ibis along the grassy bank in the beautiful scenery.
Now on to Adventureland. DM had planned my b-day lunch at the Liberty Tavern for 2pm and would wing it making ressies at 1pm (worked for me!). Now the fun part! Captain Jack Sparrow! First we enjoyed seeing the not so crowded areas. DF fondly remembered one of the first times we visited and taking photos at the Tiki Totems. We pass the Swiss Family Treehouse as DM wasn't sure she wanted to see it, but DF really wanted to see it (it had been about 20 years since DF last went) and I think he enjoyed it. There were many photo ops and it was sunny and beautiful. I held up the line when I took a shot of the treehouse picnic table with the fruit. I didn't want to seem rude so I limited my picture taking (just a little!) after that. After the treehouse I got a good look at Aladdin's Carpet Ride. Some people don't care for this but I think it's nice to have a kids ride in Adventureland. I don't think it takes away from the theme at all. For refreshment we stopped at Aloha Isle and shared one of those awesome pineapple whips. It was really good- and not too sweet. With the smaller crowd I noticed the breezeways that connect Adventureland with Frontierland. It was very interesting- never even knew they existed before. You can just go back and forth if you like (and avoid the McDonalds french fry vendor if you wish!). Now Jack Sparrow! My camera was clicking away as the actor did an excellent performance. Jack and his sidekick were great and I almost felt like I was in the movie! DM and DF were already in the pirates cove boutique to line up for POTC. Wait time: 30.

Next: Part 3 - Pirates and more!

princessgirls
02-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Sounds wonderful!

Thanks for the great report!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
03-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the report!:smickey:

Ten of Hearts
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm back after being offline with no computer. That was different! The newer one is faster and so much better!

...hope to sort through the photos of my Feb. '07 visit- to refresh my memory and add some more to the trip report!

Ten of Hearts
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm going to try posting my photos soon. With all the hours I'm working (yay!!) I don't quite have the luxury of writing right now. But that's ok! because we have another trip planned- possibly in June! And with these extra hours at work I should be able to buy myself that ANNUAL PASS!!!