PDA

View Full Version : Where to get pins before trip?

luvkatiebug
02-21-2007, 12:00 PM
My sister is taking her 2 kids to WDW in May. When I was there in January, I bought the kids each a lanyard and 2 pins. My sister and I went to the Disney store in our town yesterday thinking we could get them a few more pins, and there were none. Where is the best place to get a few before they leave in January (online, I assume)?

I told my sister that there would be plenty at the hotel (ASMusic) when they arrived, but I figured there had to be places online that were reputable.

Disneyatic
02-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I bought several pins for my DD on ebay. If you search for an ebay store called Jodi's Diz Pins, she has a ton of variety and great prices. I got several pins for $0.99 from her! I don't think I paid more than $6 or $7 for any one of them and that is less than some at WDW!
Her shipping is reasonable and quick.

mamacatnv
02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
ebay and DisneyShopping.com is where I got my collection of traders.

What we saw in January was that the CM's lanyards were overloaded with the starter sets that can be bought in WDW. We never had any trouble trading since all of our pins were different and unique.

luvkatiebug
02-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I will check them out tonight when I get home!:mickey:

jkj1224
02-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I always keep a shoe box of trader pins at my house that I keep replenished from ebay so when anyone in the family goes they just take pins from the box, you can buy pins one at a time that way or look into buying a "lot" of pins, that way you get variety and it's cheaper than buying pins at the parks. Besides if you get them for less than retail value you don't feel like you're losing money if the kids trade away a pin.:)

SurferStitch
02-23-2007, 01:02 PM
One great thing to keep in mind when you buy them from Disneyshopping.com....

There is free shipping on pins every Monday. They are having a sale now, so I got a really cute Stitch pin, and got it shipped for free.

Not2Loud
04-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Ebay is my favorite place, with Yahoo Auctions being a close second. I recently bought 75 pins for $145 on ebay, great deal to get traders!

FortheloveofStitch
04-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Has anyone ever used the website Mousepinsonline.com ? They have an April sale of $1.80 per pin.