PDA

View Full Version : Where to Meet Capt. Jack . . . .

Janet89
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
My son wants to go to WDW to meet Capt. Jack. I assume he hangs around POTC. Are there any other locations?

Altair
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
There's the Pirate Tutorial Show over by POTC. You need to ask a CM for showtimes. Three kids are picked to learn how to be a pirate from Jack and a shipmate. :mickey:

Figment!
02-01-2007, 06:40 PM
The only meet and greet currently available is during the Pirate & Princess Party after-hours hard ticket event.

As mentioned above, Jack does appear in a daily show held in Caribbean Plaza--but this is not a meet 'n' greet.

See the Disney's Pirate & Princess Party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp) and Walt Disney World Shows & Entertainment Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/entertainment.asp) sections of INTERCOT info central for more info on both of these options.

MerieWeatherOrNot
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
We're doing P & P Party 2/12. DS is talking about meeting Jack Sparrow, but I'm pretty sure DH will not be willing to wait in the hour long line. What time of day do people start to line up for Captain Jack? :pirate: :chest: We'll be in MK the whole day. I heard the line just keeps getting longer as the night goes on.

tink179
02-01-2007, 11:48 PM
my family and i just returned from the world on the 29th...we went to the princess and pirate party on the friday, the 26th...we did meet capt jack sparrow...and that's the only time there is to get autographs and pictures. it goes from 7:30-12:30...we checked at about 8 and it was an hr long wait...we went back at 12:15 and it was still an hr wait...the cm told us if we wanted to get in line to do it...because they were shutting it down..so my dh, dd 1, ds3, and ds6, and i waited. we watched many little boys get told that the line was done and watched them walk away crying. we were the last ones in line and it took abt 45 min...he was pretty cool and the backdrop is neat as well...there's going to be a long wait regardless of when you go, because he's only there during the princess and pirate parties. the pirate tutorials are cool too, and they give all the kids in front little scrolls to take home. just remember you can't meet him anytime at magic kingdom, only during pirate and princess parties...the party is pretty awesome...great parade and fireworks...defintely worth the extra money!

Jordan0301
02-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Glad you made it before they cut the line!

Jordan

DaisylovesDonald
02-02-2007, 08:31 AM
During the Pirate and Princess Party, where exactly are they having the Captain Jack meet n greet?

Thanks! :pirate:

bob6572
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
In one of the buildings accross from Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. There was a big sign pointing to him.

DaisylovesDonald
02-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Bob!

Scrod
02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Right as you walk over the bridge into Adventureland, to the right of the Dole Whip counter.

Jack is awesome, looks and talks like he stepped straight off the movie set. My 9yo daughter and her 5yo brother were thrilled. When my daughter walked away and my son lingered, Jack called out to her and told her to 'take her little monkey along with her, savvy?'.

kristnjohn
02-10-2007, 12:08 AM
The pirate tutorial is pretty cool, our DS6 was selected to be in the show, but as mentioned above, before you know the show is coming to an end, he is literally sprinting off the set behind the scenes, so there is definitely no meet and greet there. When there in early January this year, we just missed the dates for the P&P party, but were told by WDW reservations that they might bring this party back in '08, Jan. through March. Both my DS6 and DD3 would love to meet him then!

captainhookfanatic
02-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I have heard from other sources that Jack Sparrow makes appearances at both the Pirates of The Carribeann ride as well as the tutorial where they show you how to be a pirate. at the end I heard that Jack Sparrow comes out for mett and greets and you can take a picture and get his autograph. Besides that though I have no idea where else you can find him. :thumbsup:

Wonderland7
02-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Just got back from Disney a couple of weeks ago. Went to the very first Pirate N Princess party and had to wait an hour to meet Jack. The cool was we were the last ones in line so we were the last ones to leave the park. We got some great pics alone on Main Street afterwords.

I also met him the next afternoon for pics. He was tucked in a corner right after you go over the bridge to Liberty Square. Can't think of a good description now. It was were they have the backdrop for the Pocahontas characters.

joanna71985
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I have heard from other sources that Jack Sparrow makes appearances at both the Pirates of The Carribeann ride as well as the tutorial where they show you how to be a pirate. at the end I heard that Jack Sparrow comes out for mett and greets and you can take a picture and get his autograph. Besides that though I have no idea where else you can find him. :thumbsup:

Nope. He does not do pictures after the tutorial. The only spot you can meet Jack is the area across from the Treehouse.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-07-2007, 04:41 AM
I also met him the next afternoon for pics. He was tucked in a corner right after you go over the bridge to Liberty Square. Can't think of a good description now. It was were they have the backdrop for the Pocahontas characters.

This Jack was training, as that is his location for it. That is the only reason he was out in this location, and you may or may not have noticed that instead of one character attendant, he probably had three or four who were critiquing his performance and they would have been off to the side.

As of right now, they don't have anywhere for Jack to do photos and autographs because his line does get long. Keep in mind, the attendance for P&P is probably 50-75% of the normal occupancy of the park, meaning it's a lot less people there. If that line is over an hour, imagine a full capacity line. But have no fear, P&P will be back in August.