PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars 4

Melanie
01-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Report: 'Dancing 4' to include Billy Ray Cyrus, Ian Ziering and Laila Ali

:dance: :dance:

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 01/22/2007

Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, former Beverly Hills 90210 star Ian Ziering and Muhammad Ali's daughter Laila Ali will reportedly be part of the new group of celebrities who will shake their moneymakers in the upcoming fourth season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, according to TMZ.

The website also reported that although they were originally "set to join" the competition, former The Osbournes co-stars Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have both "backed out" of the show's fourth season cast, and stated that Sarah Ferguson will not -- as the former Duchess of York recently told People magzazine and despite earlier reports to the contrary -- be one of the fourth season's celebrity dancers.

"I'd love to learn to tango, but I don't have the time," Ferguson told People in an interview published in its January 15 issue. In addition to Ferguson, several other celebrities, including former NBA star Reggie Miller and Friends actress Jennifer Anniston, have also recently denied that they'll be participating in the show's cast for the upcoming season.

As usual, ABC says it won't confirm the identities of any of thithe upcoming season's cast prior to the show's formal cast announcement. "We can't confirm any castings at this point," a representative for Dancing With the Stars told TMZ.

According to TMZ, former N Sync singer Joey Fatone will also join Cyrus, Ziering and Ali on the fourth season of the reality series.. Fatone had previously disclosed that he was interested in joining the show's cast during an interview with a Florida radio station. The fourth season of Dancing With the Stars is scheduled to premiere on ABC with a two hour episode on Monday, March 19 at 8PM ET/PT.

From RealityTVWorld

Melanie
02-21-2007, 03:43 PM
From ABC.com:

THE STARS ALIGN FOR A FOURTH SEASON OF ABC'S HIT ALTERNATIVE SERIES, DANCING WITH THE STARS

Eleven Celebrities, Comprising the Most Diverse Cast to Date, Were Announced on Good Morning America

In a Dancing with the Stars first, three athletes will dance to the finish in the fourth season of the hugely popular series, returning MONDAY, MARCH 19 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Among the athletes are a current Olympic Gold Medalist, a member of the 1992 Men's U.S. Olympic Basketball Dream Team, and an undefeated female boxer - the first female athlete to compete on the series. Celebrities joining them include a singer/actor who stars alongside his daughter in one of the Disney Channel's most popular programs, a former member of one of the biggest selling music groups of all-time, and a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador and activist for Adopt-A-Minefield.

As announced on Good Morning America, the eleven stars making their ballroom dancing debut and their professional dance partners are:

LAILA ALI - Ali, an undefeated world champion female boxer and youngest daughter of sports legend, Muhammad Ali, takes her footwork to the ballroom dance floor on Dancing with the Stars. Outside the ring, Ali has graced countless international magazine covers, such as Glamour and Italian Vogue, and authored the inspirational autobiography, Reach! She joins MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY who returns for his third season.

BILLY RAY CYRUS - Singer/songwriter/actor and star of Disney Channel's hit series, Hannah Montana, Cyrus will partner with season three's finalist, KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her second season. Cyrus first entered the public spotlight with his hit song Achy Breaky Heart. His other acting credits include the feature film, Mulholland Drive, and the starring role in the series, Doc.

CLYDE DREXLER - Named One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, Clyde the Glide was a member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic Dream Team. He began his career in 1983 with the Portland Trailblazers and retired in 1998 with the Houston Rockets, a team he led to the 1995 NBA Championship. ELENA GRINENKO, who returns for her second season, will be his partner.

JOEY FATONE - The musician/actor/star of Broadway was a member of one of the most popular singing groups of all-time, *NSYNC, which holds the records for the most albums sold in a single day and week. He has since starred in movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Cooler, and the Broadway musicals, Rent and Little Shop of Horrors. Fatone joins partner KYM JOHNSON who returns for her second season.

SHANDI FINNESSEY - During the most watched Miss USA® competition in six years, Shandi Finnessey was crowned Miss USA® in 2004. She is the host of two game shows on the Game Show Network - Lingo with Chuck Woolery and Playmania. Newcomer BRIAN FORTUNA will be her professional dance partner.

LEEZA GIBBONS - Former host of Entertainment Tonight, Extra and her self-titled daytime talk-show, Leeza, the TV/radio personality currently hosts the nationally syndicated radio program, Hollywood Confidential. Leeza is also the founder of the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation, a nonprofit organization offering empowerment and education to caregivers and their loved ones diagnosed with any memory disorder. She teams up with TONY DOVOLANI who returns for his third season.

HEATHER MILLS - United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, activist for Adopt-A-Minefield and advocate for animal rights, Heather Mills will be the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb. She will be partnered with JONATHAN ROBERTS who returns for his third season.

APOLO ANTON OHNO - Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Apolo Anton Ohno sets his sights on another trophy to add to his collection, the Dancing with the Stars Mirror Ball. As a short-track speed skater, Ohno has a total of five Olympic medals, tying him with Eric Heiden for the most medals of any U.S. Male Winter Olympian. JULIANNE HOUGH teams with Ohno in her first appearance.

VINCENT PASTORE - Known for his standout role in The Sopranos, actor Vincent Pastore has also appeared in several movies including Revolver, directed by Guy Ritchie, Gotti, and Goodfellas. He was also the voice of Luca in the animated feature Shark Tale. Pastore teams with EDYTA SLIWINSKA, the only professional dancer to participate in all four seasons.

PAULINA PORIZKOVA- As the former face of Estee Lauder, Porizkova was once the highest paid supermodel in the world of fashion. She was featured on the cover of several magazines including the Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Issue for two consecutive years. This Spring, Porizkova releases her first work of fiction, A Model Summer. Season one champ ALEC MAZO returns for his second appearance.

IAN ZIERING - One of the stars of the hit TV series, Beverly Hills 90210, actor Ian Ziering also played a supporting role in the movie Domino, and wrote, produced, directed and starred in the short film Man vs. Monday. He teams with two-time defending champion, CHERYL BURKE, who returns for her third season.

Dancing with the Stars' fourth season will premiere Monday, March 19 with a two-hour premiere (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). To offer viewers two weeks to see the performers in action before the first elimination, the first results show will air on Week Two. The second performance show, airing Monday, March 26, will also be two hours in length (8:00-10:00 p.m.), and the first results show will air Tuesday, March 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Home Videos) and Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom Judge Len Goodman, and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide. Conrad Green and Richard Hopkins are executive producers and Izzie Pick is co-executive producer. Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are supervising producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. Dancing with the Stars is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.

Melanie
02-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Go Apolo! I love that he's in the cast. :iceskate: :dance:

It's interesting that Cheryl is paired with another fairly young guy. I have no doubt she can groom Ian Ziering into a serious contender!

Can't wait to see how Heather Mills is received.

Some new pros this season, along with those returning from the first season. Karina is back. :ack:

ChipnDaleGal
02-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I have never watched this show, but I will be tuned in to see Apolo!! What a cutie and I would think he could be a good dancer! I also really like Joey Fatone. He always looks like such a happy go lucky guy.

PirateLover
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I really don't like the fact that Heather Mills is involved. I have to admit that I have pre-judged the woman and I think she is a golddigger. So I don't think I'll watch until she is eliminated, although I am a fan of Joey Fatone. Apolo, and Vinny Pastore.

PirateLover
02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Another thing... Mills has a prosthetic leg that she removes whenever she sleeps or relaxes. Wonder how nimble you could be with one of those (not trying to be insulting, just curious).

Jen0610
02-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Another thing... Mills has a prosthetic leg that she removes whenever she sleeps or relaxes. Wonder how nimble you could be with one of those (not trying to be insulting, just curious).

We were talking about this yesterday at work, after we saw that they had posted the dancers. We figured that with the Tango, Waltz, Viennese Waltz, and Foxtrot she wouldn't have to much trouble, because they are slower in tempo and for the most part, she would have support from her partner. But, the Jive, Quickstep, and Paso Doble (I think this one was mentioned), she would have trouble with just how quickly you have to move and while you maybe touching your partner, it isn't the same close contact as with the Waltz.

I am so there with the rest of you tuning in for Apollo.

RAIDER
02-22-2007, 09:07 AM
News has come out that Heather Mills is on the show in the UK ...

Put it this way ...she not the most liked person in the UK and god help her if she went to Liverpool .

i know if she went on our version in the UK she would be voted immediatley ;)

Melanie
02-22-2007, 09:48 AM
i know if she went on our version in the UK she would be voted immediatley ;)

I think she's going on the show to try and gain some sympathy 'across the pond'.

GothMickey
02-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm rooting for Shandi. She's hot.

RAIDER
02-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I think she's going on the show to try and gain some sympathy 'across the pond'.

How is she perceived in the USA ....it would be interesting to know ??

Melanie
02-23-2007, 08:12 AM

I remember Sarah Ferguson often saying she received more sympathy in the US than she did in the UK when times were tough for her. I can't help to compare this.

I personally don't like her.

GreenBeetle
02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Don't you think Joey Fatone has a bit of an advantage? Although it wasn't ballroom, he did a lot of dancing with 'N Sync.

Very interesting lineup this year. :thumbsup:

PirateLover
02-23-2007, 03:46 PM

I think the average person might not know much about her, but most Paul/Beatles fans do know the salacious details that came out. Much of what was being reported in England was also carried over here via various news outlets. I for one despise her and hope she is gone the first week.

Melanie
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Our favorite Pixar regular!

'Dancing' adds Cliff from 'Cheers'

NEW YORK (AP) -- A mailman is replacing a hitman on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

John Ratzenberger, who played Cliff Claven on "Cheers" -- and has lent his voice to a number of Pixar films, including both "Toy Story" films and "Cars" -- will step in for Vincent Pastore, who quit after one week of training.

Ratzenberger, 59, had previously turned down an offer to join the cast for the 10-week dance competition because of a scheduling conflict, ABC said Friday.

The 60-year-old Pastore, who played a tough-guy mobster on HBO's "The Sopranos," said earlier this week he didn't realize how physically demanding the show would be for him.

"We're sad that Vincent felt he was unable to continue in the competition, as he would have been great on the show," executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement Friday. " 'Dancing With the Stars' is physically demanding, and it pays to know your limits. We respect his decision."

The new cast also includes Olympic skater Apolo Anton Ohno, boxer Laila Ali, former 'N Sync member Joey Fatone, country singer-actor Billy Ray Cyrus and Paul McCartney's estranged wife, Heather Mills.

"Dancing With the Stars" returns March 19.

Christine
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
I have never seen this show before, but DD7 saw that Hannah Montana's dad was going to be on it and now insists that we watch it!

Oh my...

RAIDER
03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry you know i have awful sense of humour but this was in the British Press and i had to share it with you . Sorry if i have offended anyone its not meant to but i was brought up on Monty Python :blush: ;)

"Bets On Heather's Leg
Updated: 10:37, Tuesday March 13, 2007

Bets are being offered on whether Heather Mills' prosthetic leg will fall off during America's Dancing With The Stars TV show.

Online gambling site Bodog.com invited punters to lay money on the estranged wife of Beatles bassist Sir Paul McCartney having such a mishap. "

Melanie
03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
It was in our news as well, Raider. ;)

cinderella crazy
03-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm having a nineties flashback with Joey Fatone and Ian Ziering! Help Me!!!

Anyway, I think this is one of the most interesting groups of celebs they've had. I can't wait to see Apolo,and I don't know if I should laugh or scratch my head about BIlly Ray Cyrus.

I was also excited to hear that John Ratzenberger has stepped in. I think he's been great in everything he's done.

Should be an interesting season!

Figgyluv03
03-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I have never seen this show before, but DD7 saw that Hannah Montana's dad was going to be on it and now insists that we watch it!

Oh my...

Billy Ray Cyrus is my top pick! He's definetely gotten a bit hotter over the years and ever since he lost the mullet.......WoooohDoggy! Can't wait to see his moves!!

DizneyFreak2002
03-15-2007, 07:42 PM
We all know it will be rigged for Joey Fontone, whatever his name is, to win... The only reason to watch is to see POTC 3 trailer on Monday!!!

Melanie
03-15-2007, 09:11 PM
We all know it will be rigged for Joey Fontone, whatever his name is, to win...

Why would you think it's rigged for him to win? :confused:

Figgyluv03
03-16-2007, 12:22 PM
The hot young guy didn't win last season. Well, Emmit is hot, but he's wasn't as young as Mario and Joey. My votes are still going for Billy Ray:cowboy: . I'm just a little worried because he's paired with Karina and she likes to break the rules!

cinderella crazy
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
We all know it will be rigged for Joey Fontone, whatever his name is, to win... The only reason to watch is to see POTC 3 trailer on Monday!!!

It is true that half of the score comes from the judges, but the other half comes from people calling in to vote. The outcome can, in part, be what the judges want. However, they only have so much say in it.

Joey has some advantage in that he used to do some choreography for N'Sync and his dance experience there, but quite a few other celebs have dance experience. For instance:

Ian Ziering: has had jazz classes
Shandi Finnessey: has taken tap, ballet, jazz, and gymnastics
Clyde Drexler: Apparently took a dance class in college
And although he has never taken dance classes, John Ratzenberger does have a red belt in karate so he's in pretty good shape.

So Joey could have some good competition. :D

I can't wait to see what happens tonight! I'm ready for some dancing!:dance:

Niecyboo
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I can't wait for tonight. This is the first reality show my DD's ever watched (last season) because there's no backstabbing or trying to get people into bed. I may even be able to get my DH to watch this season, thanks to John Ratzenburger.

Abominable....more like adorable!!

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2007, 05:29 AM
I have never watched this show before, but decided to tune in this time since Apolo was on. I quite enjoyed last night's show. I was happy that Apolo did very well. I thought that Joey was the overall best dancer. He has great energy and personality. I also liked John Ratzenberger. He seemed to be enjoying himself. I thought Paulina was just gorgeous. She was my favorite woman. I am not a fan of Heather Mills, but I do have to give her credit for her courage to get out there and do that. She did quite well.

LibertyTreeGal
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I liked John Ratzenberger -- with only two weeks of practice he did awesome :thumbsup: what a good sport, and he is really very charming! His real voice sounds nothing like the characters he does LOL

And of course, he is THE Pixar guy.

Jeri Lynn
03-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I liked Joey and John....I did not like Billy Ray Cyrus, his hair was in his face his entire performance, he just looked uncomfortable...

I thought Paulina did well, did not care for Shandi and I fell asleep right before Heather danced!!:blush:

cinderella crazy
03-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I was hoping Billy Ray would do better. He seemed very uncomfortable dancing.

I was surprised by John Ratzenberger. Considering he had less time to learn the dance, he did very well.

Joey just cracks me up! I couldn't believe his mic pack fell off. I kept waiting for it to hit his partner.

How cute is Apolo!? And I can't believe that he's doing this while still training! I thought it was funny when Les commented on his posture being a little hunched over. Well duh! Look what he does for a living.

And I kept looking at Shandi thinking I had seen her before (and it wasn't from seeing her on Miss America). :scratch: It finally hit me after the show was over.:idea: If you ever watch the Game Show Network, there's a show called Lingo hosted by Chuck Woolery (sp?). She's his cohost.

I really loved watching the show last night. I'm glad it's finally back on!

Figgyluv03
03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm really hoping Billy Ray does much better on Monday. I was so upset for him last night! I don't really like Karina and I thought it was a bad choice for him, but she's a tough cookie and I can't wait to see him go from the bottom all the way to the top. I saw Miley in the audience, but did anyone else see a few of the cast members from HM?

Jen0610
03-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I really liked Joey, Apolo, and Lailas dances. They all did a great job. And Joey never missed a beat, with the mic pack mishap. With the exception of Billy Ray, they all did very well. And Billy Ray...:shake: I really didn't think that he would have been that bad. Hopefully it was just a BAD case of nerves, and they are done and over with.

mtown71
03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I have to admit I will be rooting for Joey Fatone since I was (& still am) a fan of N'SYNC. I thought he did really well. I also like John Ratzenberger. I would be happy if either one of those guys won. I really watched Heather just to see if her leg would fall off. I wish they never let her on the show. To me, she isn't a "STAR".

Figgyluv03
03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I like the fact that Heather is danicng with a Jonathan, since those are mine and my boyfriend's names:cloud9: . They will have get chemistry!!

Melanie
03-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I thought John Ratzenburger did great! My son (and huge Cars fan) said he also did great "for a truck who carries a race car". :D

I was genuinely surprised by Joey. I was never, ever an N'Sync fan, but I really liked him last night. He's got a great partner in Kim.

I think having Karina as a partner will hurt Billy Ray. Yet again, she's trying to skirt the rules. You think she'd learn.

Apolo - woohoo! I really hope he does well.

NotaGeek
03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I decided I couldn't watch this season. Too much reality TV on my plate, but I am living it vicariously through you guys!

indytraveler
03-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Having missed season 1 but watched the other three it's always interesting to see who goes first. It's ususally the worst dancer with no name recognition. However, Jerry Springer lasted a long time last season. Billy Ray does have some name recognition through his daughter now. Watching the season unfold is interesting to see the stars improve their dancing. Should be a good group. No front runner yet except Ian or Joey.

cinderella crazy
03-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I wonder who's going home tonight. I'm guessing it will be between Billy Ray, Heather (just doesn't have the fan base that some others do), and Shandi (same reason as Heather). But you never know; it could be Joey (okay maybe not;) ).

Christine
03-27-2007, 09:21 AM
DD and I watched last night for the first time ever. We really enjoyed it! It is nice to have a show that my 7 year old can watch with me (except I have to turn the commercials off sometimes when they are scary!)

DD is rooting for Mohammed Ali's daughter. I think Ian is doing very well, but don't have a 'favorite' yet.

Can't wait to see more tonight. Will they develop a more "normal" schedule, or do they show episodes 1-2 times a week like this?? I don't want to miss any!

Niecyboo
03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Will they develop a more "normal" schedule, or do they show episodes 1-2 times a week like this?? I don't want to miss any!

Actually, last week was the unusual one. Normally they will dance on one day, then have the results show the next day where someone will get kicked off. Don't expect much dancing from the stars tonight. If it follows the past seasons, they will have a judges favorite dance the same thing they did last night, followed by a lot of filler, then at the very end of the show, they'll let you know who gets kicked off. The pattern of Monday/Tuesday night should stay the same, although it won't always be two hours long as the dancers thin out.

I also agree, it's the one reality show that I'm comfortable letting the whole family watch. It's all positive, hard work.

Figgyluv03
03-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I was very pleased with last night show!!! I think they all did very well, especially my favorite cowboy! I was very impressed. I just hope Karina will her stick to the rules!

ChipnDaleGal
03-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Well, that elimination was just wrong. I thought Paulina was a beautiful dancer. And she was funny too. I liked her behind the scenes stuff.

Carol
03-28-2007, 08:15 AM
It all comes down to fan base, Donna. :unsure:

Paulina was not nearly as bad as Leeza, Shandi or Billy Ray - she just didn't pull in the votes.

We all know how that goes. Folks should vote talent - but they don't. At least this show limits it to 11 votes per household.

MNNHFLTX
03-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Paulina should have stayed. She displayed elegance in her dancing style, even if every step wasn't perfect. Shandi, on the other hand, appeared a bit gawky on the dance floor to me.

Theoretically I think Billy Ray should have been voted off, but he improved enough in the second show that I kind of want to see what he'll do next week.

Figgyluv03
03-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm really hoping Billy Ray becomes the most improved dancer!!!

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Disney cannot let a star of one of their TV shows on the Disney channel get the boot first... Then how can they selfishly cross promote Hannah Montana? :funny:

LibertyTreeGal
03-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, I missed the second episode and I am shocked that Billy Ray wasn't eliminated. Ohhhh, I hope he doesn't turn into the Jerry Springer contestant -- but at least Jerry was purposefully being campy. Billy Ray is just plain awful. I thought Paulina did just fine the first week.

Figgyluv03
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Billy Ray isn't awful, I think he's still a little nervous and you can tell this week he 's starting to feel more comfortable with himself and with Karina.

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Billy Ray has improved a lot since that first dance. He did well last night. My favorite was Apolo and his partner. They are just the cutest little couple and their energy is so good. I grin the whole time they are on. I think that the bottom two for me would be the Miss America girl and Clyde. I thought Leeza Gibbons was just too cute last night. She was so excited by those great scores. She just beamed.

Christine
04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I thought Leeza Gibbons was just too cute last night. She was so excited by those great scores. She just beamed.

Bless her heart, I don't know if Leeza can STOP beaming??? I always thought she was a lovely lady, but I am afraid her plastic surgeon went a bit too tight! She looks like Debbie Gibson now???

I am definitely set on Ian and Apolo! They are just adorable and are learning so quickly and so well!! If they were the final two, it would be impossible for me to choose between them!

TheDuckRocks
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Joining this discussion a little bit late, but here is some of my thoughts so far:
1) Ian Ziering, Laila Ali, Joey Fatone and Apolo Ohno to me seem to be by far the best dancers and I would love to see them as the final four.
2) Why is it that once again this year the judges are still yelling at the celebraties about the choreography (sp) and what is against ballroom dance rules?:confused: This issue really drives me crazy!!! Yell at the professionals please, they are the ones that should be knowing what they're doing.
3) Fan base - the wild card. Once again I think we will see some people go further in this competition than their dancing warrants. My 9 year old granddaughter came home from school saying that all the girls in her class are going to vote for Hanna Montana's dad and then had to ask what his name was as she didn't know it. And this was on Monday evening before the very first show!
4) Finally - Hearther MIlls, she should not be on this show. I know it will sound callous, but she really can't dance. I greatly admire her working so hard to over come this very sad event in her life that took her leg, but I would feel badly for the other dancers if they are better and she is getting votes because people feel sorry for her. I also feel that the judges are bending the rules for her a bit. Didn't Joey Lawrence and his partner get points taken off and a lecture after one of them did a cartwheel or whatever they call it last year???
Well, once again I find myself loving this show and I'm surprised at how many people are watching and enjoying it together as families of all ages.

JanetMegan
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Well... I watched this show for the first time last night (ok I watched like 5 or so of the dancers.)

I thought Joey Fatone was realy good last night, it also looks like Billy Ray Cyrus was much better than in previous weeks from the clips they were showing. I actually thought Heather Mills did a really nice job considering. I really have kind of not liked her cause of the Paul McCartney thing but I thought she did way better than a couple other folks I saw.

Figgyluv03
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Argh!!!! :mad: I forgot to vote last night and I just tried to log on and you can only vote by phone now! Argh!!!!

Christine
04-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, I think last night's elimination was fair. Leeza or CLIDE (not John) should have been in the bottom two. They are just not "getting it" and it is getting too far into the competition for that anymore.

Billy Ray, God love him, is trying his little heart out...

Ian, Apolo, and Joey are really getting into this. Apolo has definitely moved into my #1 spot now. He is just a doll! He and Julianne are precious together. I insist they marry after this season is over! :)

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Apolo is the whole reason I decided to watch this season. I really liked his personality when watching him compete at the Olympics, and he is such a cutie. I agree that he and his partner are just too cute together and make for a very enjoyable pair to watch. They are my favorite couple by far, with Joey and Kym in second.

I wasn't suprised to see Leeza go. She never seemed to relax and enjoy herself when they had to perform. But I am in total awe of how wonderful she looks at 50, and she seemed to have enjoyed the experience. Personally, I think Clyde should have gone first. He looks bored, and in turns bores me.

I don't know why exactly, but I can not get into Ian at all. I guess he doesn't come across as very likeable or genuine to me. I know he is a better dancer than Billy Ray or John, but I enjoy those two guys much more.

Carol
04-11-2007, 11:45 AM
It was nice to see Drew. :tasty:

Figgyluv03
04-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I insist they marry after this season is over! :)

As cute as they are together, I believe that Apolo has a girlfriend who is also a speed skater in the Olympics.

Christine
04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
It was nice to see Drew. :tasty:

OH....MY....GOSH! Yippe Ki Yay, he certainly makes a fine looking cowboy! :)

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I reallly wish people would vote on talent. I think Clyde is the worst yet he is still there.

PrincessCandaceMarie
04-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Boy howdy it was great to see Drew, as soon as they promoted Big n Rich and a 'special celebrity appearance' I knew deep down Drew would be dancing ! And didn't he loooooook goooooood!!!!!

Chrisx2
04-14-2007, 11:28 PM
OK, I have to be honest. I wasn't too sad to see Leeza go but did Tony have to go too? :(

Christine
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
GO APOLO!!! Wow! Good for him...he really gets better every week! What a cutie-patootie!! :woohoo:

Jimenyfan
04-17-2007, 07:57 AM
GO APOLO!!! Wow! Good for him...he really gets better every week! What a cutie-patootie!! :woohoo:

I completly agree with you Christine, after they finished dancing last night I said to my DS"He is so cute I cant stand it. I really like Ian and Laila too.

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Apolo and Julianne are just so much fun to watch. She must be a great teacher because he looks so polished. And they just seem to be having a great time. Loved the tiger outfits. They deserved those 10's last night!! If Clyde doesn't get the boot tonight then I will be upset. I still don't see any effort on his part at all. All the other "stars" are trying much harder and seem to have their hearts in the competition. I would hate to see another team go before Clyde.

MNNHFLTX
04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh yes, Apolo and Julianne did great last night, and they look like their having so much fun together! I was like "wow!" when they were done!

Clyde was less impressive last night, and so was Billy Ray. He did that same shuffle-to-the-side-and-hand-out movement throughout the entire dance while Karina did all the work.

And I haven't looked, but how many copies of Heather Mills' spill at the end of the routine do you think there are on You Tube this morning? :eek: I have to say that she handled the moment with a good sense of humor.

tyandskyesmom
04-17-2007, 11:39 AM
4) Finally - Hearther MIlls, she should not be on this show. I know it will sound callous, but she really can't dance. I greatly admire her working so hard to over come this very sad event in her life that took her leg, but I would feel badly for the other dancers if they are better and she is getting votes because people feel sorry for her. I also feel that the judges are bending the rules for her a bit. Didn't Joey Lawrence and his partner get points taken off and a lecture after one of them did a cartwheel or whatever they call it last year???
Well, once again I find myself loving this show and I'm surprised at how many people are watching and enjoying it together as families of all ages.

I agree with you here...if any other dancers had fallen or didn't point the toes or didn't move their feet the correct way the judges would have been all over them. If she was entering this competition she should not be given allowances that others are not given. In fact, my intrepretation of what the judges said to her last night was that she was doing really well for having the leg issue... which is not right. She should be judged the same way as everyone else. You don't see them going easy on John because he is older...they are harsh to him. I'm sorry but if you join a competition you should be in it the same way everyone else is. Quite possibly the judges scores are helping her stay on the show...who knows???

Christine
04-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Okay, :whew: if Clyde hadn't been eliminated I was about to totally lose faith in the American people! FINALLY he can stop "walking" with the stars!

But I must say I was surprised to find Heather in the bottom two....I am not a huge fan of hers, but I was very surprised nonetheless.

murphy1
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
:rotfl: That's hilarious!! So true!!

I love Apolo!! He is definitely not McStiffy! Those two are just adorable together! I really hope they win. I love his personality on this show b/c he is sooo serious when he does his skating, so it's neat to see how he really can cut loose. I do like Heather after watching her on this show. I was afraid her leg might come off when she fell! I do agree that she needs to be judged fairly, not praised all the time! I like John Ratzenberger too, he is very cool.

RedSoxFan
04-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought Apolo was so good last night that I rewound tivo and watched it again. IMO, Clyde looked happy to be let go.

MNNHFLTX
04-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Well, I am more and more impressed by Apolo's performance each week. He is such an entertainer! And Leila Ali did beautifully last night also.

As far as who should go home, I do think that Heather Mills looked particularily awkward last night. And John Ratzenberger looks like he's having a bit of trouble keeping up with the dance requirements. And I did think Billy Ray was better again last night, but I wish he would do something different with his hair. That shaggy look is so unattractive on him. :shake:

Christine
04-24-2007, 10:04 AM
You can definitely tell that Apolo and Joey are having the time of their lives! I love to watch them dance because they are so enthusiastic!

I think the judges are being really hard on Ian. I think he is doing a good job, but they just can't find many positive things to say to him. :confused:

Heather definitely showed that she was jet lagged and not well rehearsed. John is just trying to get from point a to b, but God love him, he's still out there! And Billy Ray....oh Billy Ray...I don't even know what to say there???

I loved the group swing...watching the rehearsal for it was too funny!

Figgyluv03
04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
And I did think Billy Ray was better again last night, but I wish he would do something different with his hair. That shaggy look is so unattractive on him. :shake:

I'm a huge Billy Ray fan and I actually like his hair that way. Then again, anything is better than the mullet! Business in the front...... Party in the back......

Christine
04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Almost time for tonight's elimination episode!

I hope the hostess can keep it a secret until the end! (Remember last night when she let out Laila and Max's score before the judges did?)

Christine
04-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, I think tonight's elimination was fair and necessary.

On a personal note, I really could do without the "special appearances" and concerts. I could easily spend the entire hour watching the outtakes and behind the scenes of the celebrities.

Joss Stone and the cast from Dream Girls?? Really??? :rolleyes:

Niecyboo
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Who was eliminated!?! I missed this week because we're at WDW. Was hoping to jump on and find out.

Christine
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Who was eliminated!?! I missed this week because we're at WDW. Was hoping to jump on and find out.

Heather Mills was eliminated. She was apparently expecting it, as she had a prepared written speech.

offwego
04-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Heather Mills was eliminated. She was apparently expecting it, as she had a prepared written speech.

I was kinda surprised. I like John better but felt Heather has been better then John and most times Billy Ray. Mind you it wasn't a good performance for her.

I've never watched it before but am getting hooked this season. Weidly though I watch the dancing episode and not the elimnation ones. (not having tivo and being a compulsive flipper may have something to do with this)

Melanie
04-27-2007, 08:37 AM
I loved Apolo before this even began, but this show has shown us a different side to his personality and I just adore him even more. GO APOLO!

The group swing was very entertaining. Fun stuff! :dance:

Christine
04-27-2007, 08:54 AM
I know what you mean Mel! I am not a big :rings: watcher, so I DIDN'T know Apolo before this, but having watched him, I think he is absolutely precious!

Every week, my DH laughs becasue I say the same thing..."he is just the sweetest little doll baby!!!"

I really think he will be the big winner!!! :dance:

Melanie
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
I know what you mean Mel! I am not a big :rings: watcher, so I DIDN'T know Apolo before this, but having watched him, I think he is absolutely precious!

I am a big Olympics watcher, and Apolo is very focused and serious in that arena, as he should be. That's the big time! Seeing that he's so personable and likeable is icing. Precious is a good way to describe him. :)

ChipnDaleGal
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I so enjoyed following Apolo in the Olympics that he was the whole reason I decided to watch this season of Dancing With the Stars. I am so glad that he has the dancing talent to go along with that great personality. It has been so much fun watching be so serious about the dance moves, and yet have such a good time. I just can not watch him without the biggest smile on my face. He and Julianne make me happy when they dance. :D

indytraveler
04-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I've watched the last 2 years worth of this show. Ian's scores are being set up so he can finish 4th. Yes, I'm a conspiracy theory person. His partner is Cheryl and she has won the last two times. I was surprised Heather left before John though. Apolo, Joey, and Lalai (sp?) will be the three finalist and I think Apolo will win. My prediction on who is off next is John. Billy Ray still has the Hana Montana vote even though he is stiff. Did you see him break out his signature Achy Breaky Heart dance, spin jump thing? Good show to get hooked on.

Magic Smiles
04-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Anyone else feel that Apolo didn't get his fair share of points this week from the judges? They are great every week, but the judges seem to be marking them harder than the other couples now. Just my opinion. I am hoping that Apolo and Julianne wins.

Christine
04-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Holy Smokes! Joey was on FIRE tonight..he really deserved his high marks!

The whole charity scores for John and Billy Ray are starting to get on my nerves! They find their total inability to dance charming, yet with Apolo, they demand beyond excellence, something they don't seem to ask of anyone else.

Luckily, I know he can do it. Next week, Apolo, next week!

MNNHFLTX
05-01-2007, 08:45 AM
I have to say that I really think that Billy Ray should go next and John after that. Despite their "passion" that the judges keep raving about, they are just no where near the level of the other performers.

As far as Ian being set up for lower scores, I suppose it could be true, although in the end it's up to those voting for him. He dances very well most of the time, but for some reason I don't find him as fun to watch as Joey, Leila and Apolo. I think I might be having trouble separating him from his 90210 character's persona, which seemed a little arrogant to me.

Figgyluv03
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I have to say that I really think that Billy Ray should go next and John after that. Despite their "passion" that the judges keep raving about, they are just no where near the level of the other performers.

As much of a Billy Ray fan I am, I think that it's his time. Dont' get me wrong I still love him and like watching him try, but he's got a lot going on right now, raising five kids, and they are starting film HM again, so he can't put into what he really should.

indytraveler
05-04-2007, 01:31 PM
I have to agree Apolo is getting ripped off. This week will be interesting. It will show which of the remaining 4 will be in the bottom 2 for the first time. I'm assuming Billy Ray will be in the final two. Would you watch anymore Dancing... if Billy Ray keeps dancing the way he wants to (or not at all) and WINS?

disneynarula
05-07-2007, 04:26 PM
All I have to say is that tonight I AM VOTING. I am so tired of the more popular/less talented dancers getting all the votes. It is very unfair that Heather and Leeza are gone and Billy and John are still there. I don't think that Heather and Leeza were the best by any means but they were better than John and Billy.

I always forget to vote B/C I DVR it and by the time the show is over for me it is too late to vote. I am going to watch it live tonight and VOTE.

BTW... Is Samantha pregnant?

offwego
05-07-2007, 05:07 PM
BTW... Is Samantha pregnant?
Yes she is...I think about 4 months and some change.

Magic Smiles
05-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Len is driving me crazy with his judging. Was he not watching the same show as I was. Apolo was amazing. Just why does Len insist on judging Apolo as a professional dancer and not the others in the same manner? Go Apolo, your the best!

Figgyluv03
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I have to admit, DB and I haven't been watching it the last two weeks. We are both working two jobs and Monday night is the only time we have to get stuff done. I feel horrible not supporting Billy, but life has been just too crazy. I know he has it in him, but I think he's holding back too much.

Stich8818
05-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Did anyone else think that what Bruno said to Billy Ray last night was a bit..wrong? I mean we all know that Billy Ray is not the greatest dancer in the world but he should get and A for effort. I guess obviously he must have thought that he and the rest of the judges were not live and Billy Ray was standing in front of him. Anybody else's thoughts?..

Donald Duck
05-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Did anyone else think that what Bruno said to Billy Ray last night was a bit..wrong? I mean we all know that Billy Ray is not the greatest dancer in the world but he should get and A for effort. I guess obviously he must have thought that he and the rest of the judges were not live and Billy Ray was standing in front of him. Anybody else's thoughts?..

I agree. That was uncalled for. Billy Ray is trying hard but he's just not good enough to stay in at this point. It's time for him to go. Then Ian should be next.

ChipnDaleGal
05-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Was I ever surprised that Joey was in the bottom two. Ian must have quite a block of supporters out there. He isn't in the same level as the other three remaining stars, in my opinion anyway. Apolo and Julianne were just amazing again this week. Those kids can dance!!

Carol
05-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Ian must have quite a block of supporters out there.It's Cheryl that has the huge fan base. I know personally she is my favorite of the professional dancers. As with any vote show - folks don't call in and vote the best. Obviously that's true with this show too or else Billy Raye would have been gone the first week.

I'm rooting for Joey and Apolo in the finals.

:trio::trio:

ChipnDaleGal
05-09-2007, 08:58 AM
It's Cheryl that has the huge fan base. I know personally she is my favorite of the professional dancers. As with any vote show - folks don't call in and vote the best. Obviously that's true with this show too or else Billy Raye would have been gone the first week.

:trio::trio:

That makes a lot of sense that they are voting for Cheryl.

I am also hoping that Apolo and Joey are the final two. They are both so much fun to watch.

indytraveler
05-09-2007, 09:00 AM

It really has to be these two if if has anything to do with DANCING w/ the stars. If not then it is a popularity contest. If the outcome went the other way then I would have stopped watching. Ian should be next w/ Laila coming in 3rd. But tune in next week and we'll find out.

offwego
05-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I have to say the comments did seem harsh to Billy Rae.

However he wasn't as good (but was trying hard) as the others. I'm amazed however by Apolo and have to admit I'm a bigger fan of Lalia then Joey.

Lalia often seems to have a tougher road then some of the guys do in terms of the amount of steps etc that are required for the latin dances in particular. Though I was of two mind on bringing her dad in. (Don't get me wrong it was touching & everyone else brings whoever they want but he's such a strong pull for so many it almost seems like too much)

Scar
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM
It's Cheryl that has the huge fan base.I was saying to my wife last night that as of now, Cheryl is a bigger star than Ian.

Figgyluv03
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I was saying to my wife last night that as of now, Cheryl is a bigger star than Ian.

:ditto: I absolute agree with that one!

Donald Duck
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I think Joey's fans assumed he would be safe and didn't vote for him. There could be no other explanation. Joey and Apolo are the 2 best by far.

Ian should go next then Laila.

DisneyLandMomma
05-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I think Joey's fans assumed he would be safe and didn't vote for him. There could be no other explanation. Joey and Apolo are the 2 best by far.

Ian should go next then Laila.

I agree...I was shocked Joey was in the bottom two. My dd(8) said we need to online and PHONE vote this week to make sure the are safe. :laughing:
I agree with who should go next...but it's a real toss up for me on who is going to win. Both Joey and Apollo are soo good. The finale will be awesome to watch.

Melanie
05-11-2007, 09:29 AM
I guess I fall into those that vote according to a fan base. I'm no fan of Joey ('NSync - blah), so I hope he does go next.

Ian and Cheryl - well, I love Cheryl. She's just awesome, and I've been so impressed with her in the past. I love watching her dance. And although I have absolutely nothing against Ian, something is just off with them. I don't know. :shrug:

I didn't expect to like Laila as much as I do. That girl can bring it, and I think she very much deserves to be in the top 2. It seems the women have to work especially hard on this show, since I would assume the viewers are mainly women and are voting for their favorite male stars. She's impressed me.

Finally, Apolo is the man! I sure hope he can take it all. He and Julianne knocked my socks off this week. Just great! :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
05-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I think Jpey and Apolo are by far the best 2. Laila bored me and Ian is still very stiff and doesn't look like he is enjoying dancing. Joey is definitely the most entertaining.

murphy1
05-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Love Apolo and Julianne, they totally deserve to win. They draw you into every performance and their technique is absolutely flawless and amazing. Layla bores me too, I think it's going to be Apolo and Joey in the final two and Apolo wins. I like Cheryl, too, she is so professional and an awesome dancer.

indytraveler
05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Monday's show was best to date. All dancers had their moments. Some had two moments. Joey and Apolo are the 2 heavy hitters. Either one can win. Joey is pulling from his showmanship days from boybandland. Apolo is using his athletic prowess. Like to see Joey's jive again tonite as feature dance.

princessjojo
05-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I think that they Joey, Apollo and Laila are all great and look very comfortable, but after Apollo and Julianne's last dance last night, all others who followed seemed very boring. They were all good, but Apollo and Julianne just had that umph that the others didn't, even with the raunchiness. Joey was a close second however. It was very good not to mention entertaining.

Christine
05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Apolo and Joey are definitely the two front runners. Apolo is so precise, light, and just adorable, and Juliana's choices of music, costumes, and her awesome choreography are hard to beat.

BUT, and every week I can't believe how much of a fan I am becoming of an N'Sync boy, Joey is putting 150% into every performance. I feel like this really means everything to him. I think it broke his heart that he was in the bottom two last week. His last dance last night amazed me more than I can say. I know cheerleaders who can't do a split kick like he did! He is amazing!

Again, and I really can't believe I am saying this as I HATED N'Sync, but Joey has pulled into my first place spot now. He has great personality, style, desire, and is truly talented.

MNNHFLTX
05-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Holy smokes! Apolo and Julianne were on fire last night. Even my husband, who never gives more than a passing glance to Dancing with the Stars, was impressed. I kind of had a feeling that they were going to "pay" a little (in their score) for their provocative dance moves, but they were fabulous, none-the-less. I truly hope they win.

I agree with Mel--there's just something about Ian's dancing that seems off. There's just not the same joy in it that the other dancer's have, or something. Anyway, I like Cheryl too, but I would not be heart-broken if he were the next one to be voted off.

Christine
05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Whew! Tonight was great! The top three are definitely the top three! (Unlike earlier this week in Survivor! :ack: , but that's another story!)

I am so happy for Joey, Apolo, and Laila. I am so torn between Joey and Apolo...I cannot wait until next week!

murphy1
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Hoping Apolo wins (Julianne is my favorite out of all the women pros)!! It could be any of them winning, I mean look at the past winners, one was in a boy band, one was an athlete, so who knows, but my votes go to Apolo!! Could Ian have been any more long winded in his goodbye speech??!!! And I was laughing so hard when Len said Joey had something bigger than anyone else!!

disneynarula
05-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I really can't believe I am saying this as I HATED N'Sync, but Joey has pulled into my first place spot now. He has great personality, style, desire, and is truly talented.

Ditto!!!
I was really against Joey in the beginning because I really dislike the whole boy band thing but he is such an entertaining dancer.

This is the first season when I am really torn. All three remaining contestants are really good. They are also all really likeable.

Christine
05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow, Wow, Wow! I was a little worried after the judge's choice dances, but WOW! Freestyle was amazing!!!!

My daughter made me rewind and replay Joey and Kim's dance about 10 times after the show was over! It really was incredible! Kim is such a good choreographer and picking the song "Last Dance" was really clever.

And Apolo and Juliane's break dance routine was good too! Apolo's floor moves were unreal! How on earth can one learn to do that in less than a week??? :confused: Oh to be young again! Wait... I couldn't even have done that when I was young!! :blush:

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 05:34 AM
All three finalists are very good dancers. I am totally captivated by Apolo and Julianne, and will be very disappointed if they don't win. They make it look so easy and so fun. I can't watch them and not grin at the same time.

murphy1
05-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I feel the same way Donna! I have to stop whatever I'm doing and just watch them. I thought they were so innovative, especially doing that blindfolded bit. I really think they will win it. They are so cute, I disagree with Len, they can do elegant dancing as well as anything else. And Kari Ann saying they were over performing was just wrong.

Carol
05-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Since you can vote on-line and they limit the votes, I actually participate in the voting process on this show.

All of my votes went to Joey - as they have all season. :thumbsup: His free-style was definitely the best! :dance: I really like Apolo too - but Joey edges him out for me ever so slightly.

Although Cheryl is my favorite of the professional dancers - I've really enjoyed watching Kim shine this season. She was so limited last season with Jerry as a partner.

TheDuckRocks
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I so hope Appolo and Julianne win this tonight. They are so cute as a couple. Did anyone else hear Julianne on Entertainment Tonight say that she is no longer engaged but that they still together? HUM???

RedSoxFan
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I just love Apolo and Julianne and hope they win tonight. They are a joy to watch and make me smile every week. :D

Christine
05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow! What a night!

I am very happy for Apolo and Juliane!
But at the same time I am so sorry for Joey and Kim! They both were great dancers and both deserved the top spot in my opinion.

I feel sorry for the next group of contestants, b/c the bar was definitely set high with this season!

Melanie
05-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Well darn, I saw a spoiler (the show doesn't air here until Friday) :mad: but I'm so, so, so, so, so happy Apolo won! :joy: I think it says a lot for how his dancing won folks over, since I assume his fan base wasn't nearly as big at the start as Joey's boy band following.

I love Apolo and Julianne. Think there might be something to her postponing her wedding? ;)
It's been a great season! :dance:

ChipnDaleGal
05-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Sorry that you saw a spoiler Mel. My two favorite dancers made it to the final two. Joey was fantastic and such a showman, but Apolo and Julianne were just amazing from the beginning. That two hour finale was torture though. I had it recording on my DVR and started watching about an hour in and I still caught up and had to wait for the final announcement.

Did anyone else think Laila's parting comments were a little rude? Maybe I misunderstood her intent, but she didn't seem very sportsmanlike to me.

I wonder about Julianne postponing her wedding too. But maybe it has to do with only being 18 and suddenly living in a bit of a fishbowl.

Congratulations Apolo and Julianne!!! :fworks:

murphy1
05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
I have been a big fan of Apolo when he was in both Olympics and he is the reason I started watching, b/c I was an athlete and I loved him during both of his Olympics. But it was so neat to watch his real personality off the ice, b/c you never saw him smile on the ice. This is the first season I have watched this show. That trophy is horrible!! Can you imagine that thing by his medals??
I thought Laila's comment was rude, but I think she was trying to be funny, she is so much like her dad was years ago when he was in the spotlight. Julianne is just adorable, I think both her and Kym remind me of dancers from back in the 40's, very elegant and stylish.

Christine
05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Mel, I am SO sorry I spoiled it for you! I didn't realize you wouldn't be seeing it live too.

I apologize. :( Hope you still enjoy watching!

Carol
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Mel, I am SO sorry I spoiled it for you! I didn't realize you wouldn't be seeing it live too.

I apologize. :( Hope you still enjoy watching!I'm sure it wasn't you. As with most people, Mel doesn't come into these threads until after she watches the shows - since they up for discussion after they air.

It was probably on the news wire and unavoidable for her. :unsure:

offwego
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I was really really enjoying the dances (saw all last three dances) and then somehow fell asleep as they eliminated Max and Laila and missed the rest. I was practically dancing myself to find out!

Oh and on a side note...Carol your avatar is cute. Does it mean you got another new doggie?

Melanie
05-23-2007, 05:25 PM

I apologize. :( Hope you still enjoy watching!

I'm sure it wasn't you. As with most people, Mel doesn't come into these threads until after she watches the shows - since they up for discussion after they air.

It was probably on the news wire and unavoidable for her. :unsure:

Oh yes, I didn't mean to insinuate I had been spoiled here. I'm sorry it appeared that way. :blush:

Most reality shows air here in what they call "quick turnaround", which is usually about 13 hours after you guys see them in the States. It's easy to avoid spoilers then. But, for some reason 'Dancing with the Stars' airs days later and therefore it's been hard all season for me to avoid spoilers.

By all means, discuss away immediately after the show airs. In this day and age, we'd never be able to discuss if we waited until everyone has had an opportunity to see it. :)

Christine
05-24-2007, 08:55 AM
:whew: Mel, I am so glad it wasn't me that spilled the beans!

Hope you enjoy watching the show!