PDA

View Full Version : Please help calm me

whymsycalwitch
01-17-2007, 01:53 PM
My mother and I will be arriving at DL on Mother's Day. When I booked the package I also pre-paid for a dinner at Ariel's Grotto and a breakfast at Chef Goofy's. I am very worried about not being able to get a reservation for dinner on Mother's Day. I have my calendar marked for the 60 day call date and I also wrote myself a reminder that CA is 3 hours behind my time zone. I'm still worried. It is almost like the worry feeling that you get when you are trying to get ADR for breakfast at the castle. Can someone please soften my fears?

Carol
01-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Worrying is not going to change things. :)

If you call at the 60 day point - you should be fine. We vacationed during the busy season in November. In fact on one day the park reached capacity. We had no problems making reservations - as we did it on the day our 60 day window opened.

Good Luck. :)

autumn
01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
since the majority of the people visiting disneyland are locals, there is a much different vibe when it comes to reservations. people just don't plan ahead like they do in wdw - because they're not on vacation. no worries.

BrerGnat
01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
I wanted to just let you know that I went to Disneyland last year on Mother's Day and the park was not very crowded. I remember thinking "that's odd", but you should be fine with getting a dinner reservation.

NotaGeek
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
since the majority of the people visiting disneyland are locals, there is a much different vibe when it comes to reservations. people just don't plan ahead like they do in wdw - because they're not on vacation. no worries.

Huh? Most locals don't visit Disneyland on the weekends BECAUSE of all the tourists! Disneyland is still one of the MOST visited places in Souther California, believe me, I have been there and couldn't get a reservation to save my life, then sometimes it's not busy at all.

Just focus on getting a call in 60 days in advance and you should be fine, tourists or locals or not!

HndrdPrcnt
01-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Rest assured, if you call at the 60-day mark, you will have no problems!!

Lucille
02-01-2007, 09:20 AM
You'll be just fine! Being on the East Coast works for you, you won't be all groggy when you call.

Have a wonderful trip!

whymsycalwitch
03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I called last night to make sure I had the right number, I knew what to ask for etc. I'm glad I did. The wonderful CM that helped me informed me that they were taking Mother's day PS today the 13th and not the 14th like I had originally counted. He told me a few other important things like DLR starts taking PS at 7am pacific time not 8 am like I thought.

So this morning at 10 am eastern I called. I got right threw and made my mother's day PS for Ariel's Grotto at 2:30 pm for an outside table. I was pleasantly surprised as to how super easy it was. They asked for my name and time and place and stuff like that. When I asked about a conformation number she said ever so politely, "This is Disneyland, we make it easy for you, all you need is to remember your name, we don't give out conformation numbers like WDW". Not that I have ever needed any conformation numbers in WDW but it is just what I am use to.

Anyway the stress is all gone and I'm not even worried about calling on Thursday for my breakfast PS. Thanks for all the help!

Tammy

NotaGeek
03-14-2007, 10:24 AM
:thumbsup: Have a great time!

Lucille
03-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Hooray! I'm glad it was so easy. Have a great time! :mickey:

Carol
03-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Yay. :joy:

We want a full report when you return. :write:

battle beast
03-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Everything will be fine; 60 days is plenty of time to book ahead!:mickey:

Dakota Rose
03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't worry much. ADRs don't seem to be as popular at DLR as they are at WDW. In fact, we've never made ADRs at DLR and have never had a problem getting into a restaurant.