PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race: All Stars

Melanie
01-16-2007, 11:18 PM
CBS unveils 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cast, show to debut Feb. 18

By Steve Rogers, 01/16/2007

Although several of them had already been leaked by the media and most of the rest had already been revealed by eyewitnesses who saw the teams racing, CBS has formally unveiled the identities of the eleven teams who will be competing on its upcoming The Amazing Race: All-Stars reality competition.

The Amazing Race: All-Stars, the eleventh installment of the long-running reality franchise, will premiere Sunday, February 18 at 8PM ET/PT. Seven of the series' ten previous editions will be represented in the all-stars competition, with the show's first, third, seventh, and tenth editions each landing two The Amazing Race: All-Stars teams. Absent from the competition are any teams from The Amazing Race 4, The Amazing Race 6, or the show's disastrous The Amazing Race: Family Edition eighth edition. As in previous seasons, The Amazing Race: All-Stars' winning team will receive $1,000,000.

According to executive producer Bertram Van Munster, the producers had a hard time deciding which of The Amazing Race's 100+ former teams to invite back for the All-Stars edition. "It was very hard to pick favorites," van Munster told USA Today.

Rather than basing their casting decisions on only the strength of each team's previous Race finish, the producers also took the teams' personal stories into consideration. "They're not necessarily the winners, but character-wise, they're all-stars in our book," van Munster told USA Today.

In fact, unlike the Spring 2004 All-Stars edition of CBS' Survivor reality series that included four former Survivor winners, The Amazing Race: All-Stars features only one team of previous winners -- The Amazing Race 7's Uchenna and Joyce Agu (The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cast does however include Amber Mariano, Survivor: All-Stars' winner and one half of The Amazing Race 7's returning runner-up team.)

The cast also features two former racers who competed with friends their first time around -- Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner, who after competing against each other on The Amazing Race 9, began dating. Balancing them out will be a former dating couple that's since broken up and is now competing as "just friends," The Amazing Race 3's Jill Aquilino and John Vito Pietanza.

Missing from The Amazing Race: All-Stars' roster are (since married) The Amazing Race 5 "dating couple" Colin Guinn and Christie Woods, one of the two teams that tvgasm.com, the web site that first reported that The Amazing Race's eleventh edition would be an All-Stars edition, had reported to be "confirmed" members of The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cast.

Filmed late last year, The Amazing Race: All-Stars required the teams travel more than 45,000 miles and visit five continents in only 28 days. Stops included Argentina, Mozambique and Chile.

The eleven teams competing on The Amazing Race: All-Stars -- and their CBS-supplied profile information -- are:

"Life partners" Joe Baldassare and Bill Bartek (The Amazing Race 1, third place)

Joe is a 56-year-old mineral trading company owner. Bill is a 53-year-old realtor. The couple lives in Laguna Niguel, CA.

CBS says: "Team Guido" from Season 1 returns for another attempt at the $1 million prize. Claiming they've had their bags packed since they returned home from the first season, they are ready to go!

"Lifelong friends" Kevin O'Connor and Drew Feinberg (The Amazing Race 1, fourth place)

Kevin is a 40-year-old forensic accountant from Bayonne, NJ. Drew is a 41-year-old Senior Court Officer from Staten Island, NY.

CBS says: America's favorite fraternity brothers are all grown up and married. They fell just short of the million dollars the first time around and are eager for another shot.

"Best friends" Ozwald Mendez and Danilo Jimenez (The Amazing Race 2, fourth place)

Ozwald is a 36-year-old from New York, NY who works in advertising. Danny is a 41-year-old paralegal from Miami, FL.

CBS says: These best friends from Season 2 had a falling out several years ago, but have since mended their relationship and claim to be better friends now than they've ever been during their previous 12 years of friendship.

"Formerly dating" John Vito Pietanza and Jill Aquilino (The Amazing Race 2, fifth place)

John is a 32-year-old trader from New York, NY. Jill is a 29-year-old product controller from New York, NY.

CBS says: Season 3's John Vito and Jill are back for another chance at winning the $1 million prize. What's different this time around? These former lovebirds are no longer romantically involved.

"Married parents" Teri Pollack and Ian Pollack (The Amazing Race 3, second place)

Teri is a 53-year-old homemaker. Ian is a 54-year-old private investigator and retired police lieutenant. The couple lives in Palm City, FL.

CBS says: Second place in Season 3 just wasn't good enough for this dynamic duo. Teri and Ian are still the oldest players to ever finish in second place in the Amazing Race and they are back to show that they haven't lost a step.

"Cousins" Charla Baklayan Faddoul and Mirna Hindoyan (The Amazing Race 5, sixth place)

Charla is a 30-year-old real estate investor. Mirna is a 30-year-old attorney. Both cousins live in Towson, MD.

CBS says: Charla and Mirna captured America's hearts the first time around. They are proud of the way they played the game and look forward to another trip around the world together.

"Married couple" Uchenna Agu and Joyce Agu (The Amazing Race 7, first place)

Uchenna is a 42-year-old land developer. Joyce is a 46-year-old who works in sales. The couple lives in Houston, TX.

CBS says: Uchenna and Joyce are one of the most beloved teams from any season of Race. The winners of Season 7, Uchenna and Joyce were relentless and stopped at nothing to win the $1 million prize... including shaving their heads.

"Married couple" Rob Mariano and Amber Mariano (The Amazing Race 7, second place)

Now married, 30-year-old Rob and 28-year-old Amber live in Pensacola,FL when not busy bouncing from one reality TV gig to together.

CBS says: America's Sweethearts met, fell in love and got married...all in front of the cameras, beginning with the filming of Survivor: All-Stars, where Rob finished in second place to Amber. They finished as the runners-up to Joyce and Uchenna in Season 7. To what lengths will Rob and Amber go to avoid finishing as the runner-up yet again?

"Dating couple" Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner (The Amazing Race 9, second place and seventh place)

Eric is a 28-year-old waiter from Deerfield Beach, FL. Danielle is a 23-year-old bartender from Staten Island, NY.

CBS says: This unique duo met while racing against each other during Season 9. During their travels, they developed a bond which evolved into a romance and the two have been dating for the past year. Will the combination of big-city girl and self-proclaimed "beach bum" be a force to reckon with or will the other Teams discount this new pair who has never raced together as Team?

"Beauty queens" Dustin Seltzer and Kandice Pelletier (The Amazing Race 10, fourth place)

Dustin is a 25-year-old graduate student from Seattle, WA. Kandice is a 25-year-old New York University student from New York, NY.

CBS says: These former Beauty Queens are back for a second chance and are more determined than ever to prove to the world that they aren't just pretty faces. Proven to be fierce competitors during the 10th installment of Race, Dustin and Kandice are focused and have their sights set on becoming the first all-female team to win the $1 million prize.

"Coal miner and wife" David Conley, Jr. and Mary Conley (The Amazing Race 10, sixth place)

David is a 33-year-old coal miner. Mary is a 32-year-old homemaker. The couple lives in Stone, KY.

CBS says: Everybody's favorite coal miner and his wife are back for another trek around the world. David and Mary, the lovable, wide-eyed couple from Stone, Ky. are ready to compete and believe they have what it takes to bring home the $1 million prize for their children.

RealityTVWorld.com

Carol
01-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Yay!

I'm going to have a hard time rooting for one team.

So happy to see Kevin and Drew & Ozwald and Danny on the list. :joy::joy:

I'm so needing a dose of reality TV.

ChipnDaleGal
01-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I am so happy that Kevin and Drew are one of the teams racing again. They are probably my all time favorite team of all the seasons. They make me laugh so much. :thumbsup:

BethieTink
01-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I can pretty much say that I can root for almost everyone, but Rob and Amber. Can't stand them.

disneydrmr
01-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Go Uchenna & Joyce! They were my favorite couple! This should be a great season!

Momof2boys
01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm also happy to see Oswald & Danny on the list !

Shugoondola
01-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I can pretty much say that I can root for almost everyone, but Rob and Amber. Can't stand them.
:ditto:

Rob & Amber = :ack:

I didn't start watching TAR until midway through the 3rd season, so some of these teams will be new to me.

Glad to see the Kentucky folks are back. I hope they can get their act together this time around.

:mickey:

Momof2boys
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Glad to see the Kentucky folks are back. I hope they can get their act together this time around.

I'll be curious to see how they do without the Cho Brothers & Alabama . . .

QTPie68
01-17-2007, 02:57 PM
GO TEAM CHA CHA CHA!!

Love to see them and Kevin and Drew back too.

Rob and Amber and like a train wreck.....you really don't want it to happen, you can't stop it, but you gotta watch it and then call in the help :sick: .

This season should be good, can't wait :party:.

Melanie
01-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Interesting that all early spoilers indicated Colin and Christie were participating. I'm glad they aren't!

Teri looks different with her hair grown out. And I can't wait to see how John Vito and Jill interact now that they aren't dating.

Go Kevin and Drew! :clappy:

NotaGeek
01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I am SO excited! :waycool: Having a new season twice a year is GREAT!

Shugoondola
01-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I'll be curious to see how they do without the Cho Brothers & Alabama . . .

I hear you. They need to sink or swim on their own.

Carol
02-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Come on February 18th! :wait:

I am so glad football is over. We should finally get these Sunday shows starting on time. :mad:

dixielandings
02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
I actually rooted for Rob and Amber. I think everyone was so against them and I enjoyed their spunk - I mean, Rob's spunk (Amber was pretty much arm candy - I hope she's developed some of her own personality). Normally, they are exactly the kind of team I would gleefully hate.

NotaGeek
02-10-2007, 02:37 AM
I finally saw an ad for it tonight! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Tinkerbell627
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Woot! Go Team Cha Cha Cha!!

I can't wait to see Ambob (my special name for the team everyone loves to hate) go up against a team like Dustin and Kandice. Both were very crafty and out for nobody but themselves. This year is going to be very interesting.

Lizzie
02-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I like Rob and Amber they are fun to watch. I don't think I want them to win but I want them to stay in the race till the end.

mickeysworld
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Can't wait! Rob and Amber are fun to watch but gosh I sure hope they don't win! Go Kevin and Drew and Uchenna and Joyce!

Ian
02-13-2007, 10:14 AM
I'll be rooting for Team Romber all the way ...

They're normally a team I'd hate (in fact I loathed them on Survivor), but I've developed a very healthy respect for them since TAR. They're tough competitors and very smart when it comes to marketing themselves.

I hope they win it all this time ... they came within a hair's breadth of doing it the first time!

PrincessCandaceMarie
02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
What.... no Jonathan and Victoria??? LOL sorry had to!

Mary M
02-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I am so glad football is over. We should finally get these Sunday shows starting on time. :mad:

Yeah, not so much. I don't know if this was the case for you guys, but my TiVo got the last half of 60 minutes and only the first half hour of TAR. :pout:

I'm going to have to my TiVo to tape longer to catch it all. Thank goodness for dual tuners! :tv:

MNNHFLTX
02-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Yeah, not so much. I don't know if this was the case for you guys, but my TiVo got the last half of 60 minutes and only the first half hour of TAR. :pout:

I'm going to have to my TiVo to tape longer to catch it all. Thank goodness for dual tuners! :tv:That was exactly what happened to me too! What was the deal with 60 minutes being late? I would think that it might have been because of the Daytona 500, but that was being shown on Fox.

Anyway, I did catch up on the website with how it ended and which team was eliminated. Since I had never seen (or heard of) John and Jill, I was kind of ambivalent about them leaving. And I have to admit that I was a bit impressed with Rob and Amber's competitiveness (even if I don't care for them otherwise).

Mary M
02-19-2007, 09:52 AM
That was exactly what happened to me too! What was the deal with 60 minutes being late?

There was some college basketball a few hours earlier. Maybe that screwed it up?

Regardless, it only took half an episode for me to remember how much I can't stand Charla and Mirna. I mean, they seem like nice enough people, but the "I'll speak English with an accent and that's just as good as Spanish" thing is just ridiculous.

Otherwise, I like everybody, so this is going to be a very happy and very sad (as the teams I like are eliminated) season!

Carol
02-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Our broadcast was delayed too. Thankfully we get the west coast feeds on our satellite and my Tivo is set to record at 11PM - so sports will not mess that up. Ugh!

Go Rob & Amber and Team Cha-Cha-Cha! :cheer: I love watching both of them compete. I really like Kevin & Drew - but it doesn't look so good for them this season. :shake:

My dislikes haven't changed since their individual seasons. :thumbsup: I still do not like Team Guido or Ian & Terri.

mickeysworld
02-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Mary M, the same thing happened to me too! It was the Nissan Open (golf), they went into basically, triple overtime! And that threw everything off schedule! I'm so bummed, I missed the entire middle part of the show. Darn sports!

Jen0610
02-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Another vote for Romber. I enjoy watching them run the race. Would have liked to see Jill and JohnV stay longer. I don't know if I didn't keep the girls straight in my head, but it seemed like Danielle did better with Eric, then she did with her girlfriend in the original season. During their season, the two girls just seemed to come across as ditzies.

I haven't watched all the season, but of the seasons that I have watched all of or caught episodes on GSN, I have to say, I really don't like Terri and Ian, team Guido, or the Barbies - at all. Would love to see the Barbies go quickly, but doubt if that will happen, seeing as how strong of a team they were.

Can't wait for next Sunday.

Mary M
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Darn golf! I shake my fist at you! :angry:

I don't really have any big favorites or any teams that I really hate. I'm just happy to see good racers.

And Dave and Mary, too. ;)

NotaGeek
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
:fit:

I have NO idea how I forgot, but I didn't set my TiVo to record the 1st Episode AND I completely spaced it!

I have it set for next week, but I am moving on Sunday, so if I miss 2 whole episodes I might freak out!

Melanie
02-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Can you watch it online, Michael?

NotaGeek
02-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Can you watch it online, Michael?

I can't find it anywhere... I am gonna check YouTube. :(

Melanie
02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I can't find it anywhere... I am gonna check YouTube. :(

It's not on CBS.com? I know they had Big Brother available for viewing, although I couldn't watch it here. :(

I hope you can find it!

NotaGeek
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
It's not on CBS.com? I know they had Big Brother available for viewing, although I couldn't watch it here. :(

I hope you can find it!

NOPE! Can you believe it? They don't have TAR as one of the shows they show on their online viewing site.

Carol
02-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Oh no, Michael ! :hug:

Carol
02-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Wow. Drew just didn't seem to have it in him this go around. What a difference 5 years can make.

Gosh - I hope Mirna is gone real quick. Can she be any more annoying? :drama:

ChipnDaleGal
02-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Carol, I thought Drew seemed medicated to the point where he didn't make a lot of sense. It was just painful to wactch him this go round. I am almost glad it was them this time so he wouldn't hav eto push his poor body like that anymore.

I love Danny and Oswald and I am so glad to see them at the front of the pack. I am rooting for them all the way! So many teams I can't stand - Team Guido, Terri and Ian and Charla and Mirna. I wish there could be a triple elimination next week!! :ack: I am not a Romber fan, but I would pick them to win over these three teams.

Carol
02-26-2007, 08:00 AM
I love Danny and Oswald and I am so glad to see them at the front of the pack. Me too! They have always been one of my all time favorite teams. They are just so fun to watch.

Go Team Cha-Cha-Cha! :cheer:

I am not a Romber fan, but I would pick them to win over these three teams.I'm in the minority - but I love watching Rob race. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
02-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Carol, I thought Drew seemed medicated to the point where he didn't make a lot of sense. It was just painful to wactch him this go round. I am almost glad it was them this time so he wouldn't hav eto push his poor body like that anymore.I did not watch the previous TAR when Kevin and Drew were on, so I have nothing to compare it to. But he (Drew) looked sick or something, right from the beginning. Did he always have those circles under his eyes? And he did act strangely some of the time. Like on last night's episode, after Kevin helped pull the SUV out of the mud, and then Drew all of sudden shot forward, dragging Kevin along. And when he took David's backpack out of the overhead bin and dumped it on the floor of the plane.

Carol and Donna, I agree that Mirna is annoying. Can't wait for her and Charla to be gone. And Danny and Oswald are my favorites so far, they are so entertaining to watch and so determined. I want to like Joyce and Uchenna, since they're from Houston, but I haven't found a whole lot to admire about them so far.

Jen0610
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
While I am a fan of Rob and Amber, I find Danny and Oswald growing on me. I see a lot of my brother in Danny. His comment about his manicurist seeing his hand, could have come straight from my brothers own mouth.

I can't believe how many times I see teams choose the physically harder of the two tasks at detours. I would have taken one look at the two tasks and I would have choosen to do the front loader/gravel moving. With the two options being so close together, at least go and look to see if it is they were using the older lever driven loaders or the newer ones, which is what they were using, which are driven with a steering wheel. That task was a lot easier than the washer/bolt task.

I whole heartedly agree - Charla and Mirna have got to go!!!!

mickeysworld
02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I agree completely, Drew definetely seemed seriously sick, not the same happy guys from a few years ago. Danny and Os are my favorite team too. I still remember them skipping down the mall with their expensive cologne they just bought with some of the last money they had on their season. Just love those guys!

Chrisx2
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Ugh, Charla and Mirna drive me crazy. Just when I want to give them a chance they speak and it's all over.

The KY coalminer and his wife (can't remember their names) aren't faves either. I'll be happy when the pack thins a little. Less people to keep straight.

Did I also mention how tired I am of hearing teams shout "Rapido!"

NotaGeek
02-27-2007, 12:26 AM
:doh:

2 Weeks and I missed BOTH. this week I was moving, so it's a better excuse, but I can't believe I have missed 2 episodes!

MNNHFLTX
02-27-2007, 09:07 AM
:doh:

2 Weeks and I missed BOTH. this week I was moving, so it's a better excuse, but I can't believe I have missed 2 episodes!I'm sorry, Michael. I wish I had a way of recording off of TiVo so that I could send you the last episode anyway. :(

Mary M
02-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Poor Kevin and Drew. They were just done.

Charla and Mirna are nuts. Why the holy HECK do they insist on speaking with accents when talking to someone who doesn't speak English natively? And what was with the giving the cab driver all their money? They freak out so easily.

I loved the Road Block - it took some observation, some actual thinking. I hope there are more like that.

JanetMegan
03-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Well darn it, I saw that coming but there were still teams I would have like to have been out before Kentucky.

I really liked the fish challenge. WDWacky would have freaked out!!

I also can't believe missing the sluebox didn't hurt Dustin and Candice more??

Carol
03-05-2007, 08:38 AM
I was happy with the result. Kentucky grates on my nerves. I would have preferred Mirna & Charla or the Guidos to go home first - but I'll survive. ;)

I must have missed something. Weren't they supposed to empty the fish tank? :scratch: Mirna still had a lot of fish left in her tank when she read the clue.

We really have some good racers!

:cheer: Go Rob & Amber and Danny & Oswald. :cheer:

The previews were intriguing. :wait:

JanetMegan
03-05-2007, 09:00 AM
By the way, am I the only one who can't STAND team Guido?

NotaGeek
03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I was glad Kentucky got the boot. They are nice, but they just don't have IT, ya know. Did anyone else think it was weird that the show got another little person to welcome the racers to the finish line? Did they expect Charla to feel some sort of kindship? WEIRD. :confused:

Carol, I think it was really bad editing on the whole fish thing. I thought the same thing, but my room mate said it probably took people a long time do catch those relatively UN-MOVING fish so they couldn't show people actually finishing.

I totally like Rob and Amber. I hate saying that.

JanetMegan
03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I totally like Rob and Amber. I hate saying that.

Oh man I know what you mean. When I first heard they were going to be on the show I groaned. But they are kicking tail, they work well together, are nice to each other etc!

Ian
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I was happy with the result. Kentucky grates on my nerves. I would have preferred Mirna & Charla or the Guidos to go home first - but I'll survive ...

We really have some good racers!

:cheer: Go Rob & Amber and Danny & Oswald. :cheer::ditto:

Carol, whatever else we may agree/disagree on, we ALWAYS seem to be on the same page when it comes to reality T.V. ;)

offwego
03-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I was really impressed by Rob and Amber again. Amber really did well with the whole fish thing. (which was pretty hard looking)

I was totally surprised that missing the clue didn't hurt the beauty queens more.

r4kids
03-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Charla and Mirna are nuts. Why the holy HECK do they insist on speaking with accents when talking to someone who doesn't speak English natively? And what was with the giving the cab driver all their money? They freak out so easily.

I know we can't stand Charla and Mirna. They are sooo drama! I ahve to mute the TV when they are speaking in a fake accent. We were hoping Kentucky beat them this time. We love Rob and Amber and Kandice and Dustin. They rock. I hope one of the two win this time!!!

ChipnDaleGal
03-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I think that "Kentucky" are good people, but they just are not capable of racing with the stronger teams. They always seem to be missing something. So while I would have rather had the Guidos go last night, I am glad Kentucky was put out of their misery. They were kind of painful to watch.

The Guidos are the ones that are nails on a chalkboard for me this year. Myrna and Charla are annoying, but everything the Guidos do and say get on my nerves.

I am not a fan of Rob and Amber, but they are racing beautifully. I do like how they support each other and try to keep themselves focused on the task at hand, rather than worry about the other teams.

My heart is totally with Danny and Oswald. I love them. I love how they talk to each other, and how they try to have integrity while still racing hard.

Jen0610
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
By the way, am I the only one who can't STAND team Guido?

Nope...your not the only one. Can't stand them, Ian/Teri, or the BQ's. Charla and Myrna - :shake: - it's a love/hate issue. Love Romber and Cha-Cha-Cha is really growning on me. While KY was a favorite of my last season, they just don't have it in them to "play" the race. Romber has "playing" the race down to a science. Love how well they work together.

I had to lol twice last night, over Oswald and Danny. First time was as they were going to the car after the roadblock, Oswald asked Danny to please work on more cardio when they got home. Then as they walked up to the mat and saw the ranger standing there with Phil, one of them made the comment that Charla was gonna be in love. I spit pop all over the place with that one.

Momof2boys
03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
While Kentucky wasn't my first or second choice to go home (Guido & Charla/Mirna) I didn't feel bad for them at all. Obviously they can't seem to do anything by themselves without the Chos.

I cracked up when Terri was yelling at Mirna at the airport. I give Danielle credit for not flinging a fish at Eric to shut him up.

Oswald & Danny are still my faves followed by Rob & Amber. I have to wonder for next week when the promos said something about elimination or last leg that will have everyone talking . . . to me it implied that Rob/Amber would be last to arrive but DH says I'm just paranoid.

Carol
03-05-2007, 02:17 PM
. . . to me it implied that Rob/Amber would be last to arrive but DH says I'm just paranoid.That's exactly what I thought. :sad:

MNNHFLTX
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Oswald & Danny are still my faves followed by Rob & Amber. I have to wonder for next week when the promos said something about elimination or last leg that will have everyone talking . . . to me it implied that Rob/Amber would be last to arrive but DH says I'm just paranoid.
I don't think you're being paranoid, but I have a feeling that if Rob and Amber end up coming in last that this will magically be a non-elimination round. They are just too integral to the competition (and ratings) right now to be eliminated.

I was annoyed that David and Mary went last night, I would have much rathered that Charla and Mirna go--I'm sick of their whining.

Carol
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't think you're being paranoid, but I have a feeling that if Rob and Amber end up coming in last that this will magically be a non-elimination round.
Those rounds are predetermined. There are 3 per race.

There is definitely one due. I thought for sure it would be last night.

c&d
03-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm shocked to say Rob and Amber aren't nearly as annoying to me as they were last time. I still don't like them that much, but there are other teams that are worse.

For example, Mirna and Charla need to be the next 2 off. They are driving me completely crazy.

Ian
03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm glad we're not the only ones who CAN'T STAND Charla and Mirna. They get on my last nerve.

Actually DW and I were talking about this on Sunday night ... how in the heck did they qualify as "all stars" anyway??

ChipnDaleGal
03-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm glad we're not the only ones who CAN'T STAND Charla and Mirna. They get on my last nerve.

Actually DW and I were talking about this on Sunday night ... how in the heck did they qualify as "all stars" anyway??

I have read articles about them where they were tagged as "fan favorites". Now I don't know what they would base that term on, but I never see anyone actively rooting for them. Maybe some people do that quietly because they think they will get blasted for liking them. I know when their initial season started I did root for them somewhat. You have to admire the pluck of a little person trying such a daunting challenge. But it didn't take long for Myrna's whining to make me switch off of supporting them. I'm just glad she isn't hanging all over Phil on the mats like she did her first race. That was hard to watch. :sick:

mjaclyn
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Charla and Mirna are ridiculous - they act like every little thing is the end of the world. I felt bad for Kentucky last night. Yes, they can be annoying but not NEARLY as annoying as the guidos or Charla & Mirna. I missed half the episode because DH was recording something else and didn't realize it was cutting off my show!! Do they re-run them at all?

Ian
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
You have to admire the pluck of a little person trying such a daunting challenge. But it didn't take long for Myrna's whining to make me switch off of supporting them ... Whatever marginal empathy and admiration I had for her was wiped out by her bad attitude.

2Epcot
03-06-2007, 11:26 PM
My feelings about Charla and Mirna are the same as most of the others on here. As far as Rob and Amber, I enjoyed them the first time around, and hope they do well again this time.

I was also surprised the beauty queens didn't loose position last time, but I guess they didn't have too far to go.

Carol
03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Well .... so much for being torn between two favorites. :sad:

Go Danny & Oswald. :cheer:

mickeysworld
03-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow! didn't see that finish coming!

NotaGeek
03-12-2007, 12:25 AM
WOW. Well, I do think it was fare, but Charla and Myrna are coming unglued.

2Epcot
03-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Sad to see my two favorites leave the race, but I'll still watch the show.

N.W.Girl
03-12-2007, 12:36 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:fit:

ChipnDaleGal
03-12-2007, 05:18 AM
I can't say that I am unhappy that Rob and Amber were knocked out. I saw more of the "ugly Rob" that I dislike so much in this episode. And I really would have hated to see them win more money. It was so wonderful to see Danny and Oswald win a leg and get that trip. :yay:

NJDad
03-12-2007, 07:43 AM
As much as I'm not a fan of Charla and Myrna, Rob and Amber really deserved what they got in last night's show.

Lying repeatedly, stealing the cab are bad enough. But have enough guts to admit it when you're caught in the lie-use the old 'It's a race' or 'It's part of the game' rationalization you use in the interviews.

Philipeans? When you read a clue that involves spelling and that's how well you spell, maybe the one involving words ain't the one for you, Rob.

Shugoondola
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
All I can say is :joy: :muscles: :woohoo:

Momof2boys
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Talk about conflicting emotions . . . I was so excited to see Danny & Oswald come in first but yet so sad to see Rob & Amber be eliminated.

As I said last week, I could tell that they'd be last, but was really hoping for a non-elimination. Guess Rob will be picking back up his poker career . . .

JanetMegan
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
You know, I wasn't super happy when I heard about Rob and Amber being on this season, but...They really were growing on me, they worked well together and didn't say bad things about each other-which is key in my book. That being said I was :jaw: when I realized it was an elimination round. I was kind of bummed...

mamacatnv
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
What a difference a choice of a detour makes!

I jinxed them! I was just saying at dinner last night, that despite all the whoopla, Rob & Amber were really growing on me. I really respect the way they play the game. They work well together without all the petty bickering that so many teams succomb to. Too bad to see them get eliminated, but I too was thrilled to see Danny & Oswald come in 1st.

The antics with the cab and the "got it" comment are nothing out of the ordinary in this game. I agree with Amber, if they were dumb enough to fall for it..........It is not like there was a bond between those 2 teams.

As for Charla & Myrna, they were whiny the first go around and nothing has changed. Myrna IMO has a "it's all right for me to lie, cheat and steal" attitude but whoa look out when the tables are turned on her.

The coming weeks look interesting.....

Ian
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
As much as I'm disappointed, you can't argue that Rob & Amber didn't get what they deserved.

First off, how ridiculous it was to not immediately check your spelling on that Detour. I mean DUH! That should have been the very first thing you checked. Then Rob's stubborness came out, by sticking with that task for too long. If they had bailed when Amber first suggested it they would have been fine.

The lying and deception doesn't really bother me. It's part of all reality T.V. shows ... plus, it was so overplayed anyway because Charla and Mirna took all of like ten steps before deciding they were being scammed. It's not like it cost them anything.

I'm not sure who to root for now. I sort of liked Uchenna and Joyce before, but they already one once and also they sided with Charla and Mirna last night so they're off my list.

I'll probably root for the beauty queens. I liked them last time around ... they're tough competitors ...

sunlyon
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I am SO glad that Rob and Amber were eliminated! I was very fearful that it was a non-elimination round and actually cheered when Phil said "I'm sorry to say you've both been eliminated from the race." :joy: :rotfl: :cheer:

:thedolls: I've not liked Rob since the 1st time he was on Survivor and I see that he is rubbing off on Amber who used to be so sweet.

That being said, I hope the next to go are Charla and Mirna. If Charla was racing on her own or with someone else I would probably cheer her on. But Mirna is horrible. I think that any nastiness that Charla has is a direct result of being berated by her cousin constantly!

My favorites (in order) are Oswald and Danny then Uchenna and Joyce. I would be happy with either of those teams winning.

N.W.Girl
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Reguardless of who we like or dont like, you have to admit Rob & Amber :high5: and Charla & Mirna:drama: got us going. It makes for a great show. I almost feel that once Charla & Mirna are gone it might be kinda boring.

sunlyon
03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Reguardless of who we like or dont like, you have to admit Rob & Amber :high5: and Charla & Mirna:drama: got us going. It makes for a great show. I almost feel that once Charla & Mirna are gone it might be kinda boring.

No, not really, there is Team Guido who are like fingernails on a blackboard!

luvdiznee
03-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I was so disappointed to see Rob and Amber eliminated. I may not watch the rest of it. Please don't let the beauty queens win. :thedolls:

Carol
03-19-2007, 07:56 AM
I was so disappointed to see Rob and Amber eliminated.It's certainly not the same race without them.

I'm rooting for Danny & Oswald. Beyond that - I don't care who wins as long as it's not Uchenna and Joyce. I really like them - I'd just like to see someone else get the money.

ChipnDaleGal
03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm rooting for Danny & Oswald. Beyond that - I don't care who wins as long as it's not Uchenna and Joyce. I really like them - I'd just like to see someone else get the money.

Me too, Carol. Except that I have to add that I would hate to see Team Guido win. Those two are so unlikeable. I'd rather see any other team win over them.

Shugoondola
03-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I really enjoyed The Amazing Race this week now that it is no longer "The Rob & Ambuh Show."

NotaGeek
03-20-2007, 12:52 AM
As much as it pains me, I was actually kind of happy for Myrna and Charla. They are annoying but they are playing really hard core, and considering the white elephant that makes up their real challenge in running the race, it's cool they got a prize and felt really good about themselves. Now if they just stop talking!

I am officially rooting for Team Cha Cha Cha!

NJDad
03-20-2007, 06:16 AM
As much as it pains me, I was actually kind of happy for Myrna and Charla.

I was going to post something like this, but felt internet shame, so maybe together we can form a support group.

Shugoondola
03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
I've been a silent Charla & Myrna fan since the beginning. :blush:

NJDad
03-21-2007, 05:35 AM
I'm not a fan of theirs, but wasn't upset to see them finish first-once.

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 05:42 AM
I was going to post something like this, but felt internet shame, so maybe together we can form a support group.

As much as it pains me, I was actually kind of happy for Myrna and Charla. They are annoying but they are playing really hard core, and considering the white elephant that makes up their real challenge in running the race, it's cool they got a prize and felt really good about themselves. Now if they just stop talking!

I am officially rooting for Team Cha Cha Cha!

I agree with you 100%!! However, my vote goes to Dustin & Kandice. I would love to see Teri & Ian go. They just plain bug me. Maybe it was from their original race that they really just bugged me. Or maybe it is because they advertise that they are wearing paper underwear. Gross!

Carol
03-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Maybe it was from their original race that they really just bugged me. I cannot let go of that either, John. He was so mean to Terri while running that race. I'll never like him. :nope:

Ian
03-21-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm pulling for Dustin and Candace. I like their spirit and I think they're really good competitors.

Nothing, ever, in any way shape or form, could make me root for Team Whiners. Myrna and Schmyrna will go down in history as my two least favorite competitors in any reality show ever. I dislike them more than Johnny Fairplay!!

MNNHFLTX
03-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Nothing, ever, in any way shape or form, could make me root for Team Whiners. Myrna and Schmyrna will go down in history as my two least favorite competitors in any reality show ever.I can't stomach their constant whining either. It was the same type of behavior that Carla and Lyn displayed last season and it just reflects so negatively on them as participants.

sunlyon
03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
I nearly fell off the couch laughing when Charla and Mirna each won a catamaran and they had to ask what it was... 1st twice in a row! There has to be something coming up to level the playing field again. By my calculation the Guidos are more than 12 hours behind.

NotaGeek
03-26-2007, 10:17 AM
I cannot let go of that either, John. He was so mean to Terri while running that race. I'll never like him. :nope:

100% with you on that one Carol! Talk about the burning bed! Terri will wake up one day and just FREAK out! He's really mentally abusive, but it's not my relationship so I won't judge. :secret:

Talk about a HUGE lead for the front runners! I can't believe that Myrna and Charla were the ONLY ones to take that 1st flight. You would think that people would study up on airline flight routing or something! There's NOT a lot of option in Africa except for South African Airways, and their main hub is Jo'burg. :doh:

mjaclyn
03-26-2007, 11:06 AM
ACK!! This is the SECOND week in a row that my Tivo'd show has been cut off in the middle! I HATE Basketball!

ChipnDaleGal
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
ACK!! This is the SECOND week in a row that my Tivo'd show has been cut off in the middle! I HATE Basketball!

I have started programming Cold Case, which I don't watch, in my DVR as well, so then if they are running behind I can get the end of The Race.

I am not at all sorry to Ian gone, but I do wish that they had beat the Guidos to the mat. Did anyone else notice that Terri changes how she pronounces Ian's name? Sometimes she says I-an and sometimes E-an. Weird.

tinkwest
03-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I nearly fell off the couch laughing when Charla and Mirna each won a catamaran and they had to ask what it was...

I couldn't believe it either! They both just stood there looking totally in the dark when Phil told them what they'd won.

I gotta admit they deserved to win that leg of the race. But they still bug me. I can't stand the way Charla gets in people's space. I understand her coming around a counter to make eye contact with a travel agent (or whoever) but does she have to actually start going through the papers and such on their desk? And Mirna is just a little to kooky for me.

NJDad
03-26-2007, 08:58 PM
The good news is there is no more college basketball on Sunday on CBS until next season, but it's always advisable to program extra time on your DVRs for weekend night shows on any network that has any kind of sporting event on earlier that day.

MNNHFLTX
03-27-2007, 12:01 AM
The good news is there is no more college basketball on Sunday on CBS until next season, but it's always advisable to program extra time on your DVRs for weekend night shows on any network that has any kind of sporting event on earlier that day.
That's good to know about the basketball, NJDad. I am very tired of it delaying all the prime time TV on Sunday!

NJDad
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
This week's episode is 2 hours, repeat 2 hours.

Adjust your TIVO/DVR/VCRs accordingly.

Carol
03-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Thankfully we get the west coast channels on our DirecTv - so I record TAR at 11PM since sporting events are run live it doesn't mess up the PST showing.

Ian
03-28-2007, 10:03 AM
It pains me to say this about a gentleman with whom I share my name, but Ian was a real twit this week. He got what he deserved.

Charla and Mirna only further reinforced what I think about them by not knowing what a catamaran was. If there is a good and just higher being looking over the Earth, he'll see to it that those two are eliminated ASAP.

ChipnDaleGal
04-02-2007, 06:06 AM
:yay: I am so happy that the Guidos are gone!!! :yay:

The teams seem so spread out right now. Wonder what they will do to bring them closer together?

Carol
04-02-2007, 09:16 AM
:yay: I am so happy that the Guidos are gone!!! :yay:

The teams seem so spread out right now. Wonder what they will do to bring them closer together?Me too! Now can someone please get Mirna off this show. Oy Vey! :bang:

I'm thinking they'll have to have a few of those legs where the teams arrive at their destination only to have to wait until a certain hour to begin competing. That will give the other teams a chance to catch up.

Ian
04-02-2007, 09:46 AM
How embarrassing and painful is it watching Charla and Mirna bumble their way through these other countries making fools of themselves?

Every time they talk in that bogus accent of theirs or make some ridiculous comment (like the one they made to the cabbie last night about Polish sausage??? :confused: ) it makes me cringe. They need to go. NOW!

MNNHFLTX
04-02-2007, 10:14 AM
How embarrassing and painful is it watching Charla and Mirna bumble their way through these other countries making fools of themselves?

Every time they talk in that bogus accent of theirs or make some ridiculous comment (like the one they made to the cabbie last night about Polish sausage??? :confused: ) it makes me cringe. They need to go. NOW!
I know--did you see the look on the cab driver's face when they were making those stupid comments? It served them right that he dropped them off at the wrong spot.

The whole sausage eating part of the show was more than a little nauseating to me. I can't imagine why they all chose that instead of making the bagels. Eating two pounds of any kind of meat would do me in.

Anyway, glad Team Guido is gone! :thumbsup:

offwego
04-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Did anyone else but me feel well weird about a reality show going to a concentration camp? I think they dealt with it well but still don't feel as if that was a place that should be a part of any "game" no matter how tastefully you deal with it.

I dunno but it just felt odd to me.

ChipnDaleGal
04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Did anyone else but me feel well weird about a reality show going to a concentration camp? I think they dealt with it well but still don't feel as if that was a place that should be a part of any "game" no matter how tastefully you deal with it.

I can understand what you are saying. But the way I look at it is that there are an unbelievable number of people out there that think all of that stuff is made up. There was a survey of high school kids some years back and an alarming percentage of those polled had no idea what the concentration camps were. So anytime there is a moment when people slow down and take a moment to remember what happened there is a good thing. Just my :twocents:

offwego
04-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I can understand what you are saying. But the way I look at it is that there are an unbelievable number of people out there that think all of that stuff is made up. There was a survey of high school kids some years back and an alarming percentage of those polled had no idea what the concentration camps were. So anytime there is a moment when people slow down and take a moment to remember what happened there is a good thing. Just my :twocents:
That's a very good point...makes me feel better about it. (and I'm not saying they handled it badly I don't think they did). I hadn't considered the whole "made up" theroy. Thanks:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM

I thought it was wierd too until my room mate explained that they weren't actually inside the camp. The area they were at was actually outside the monument itself.

I think they added all that stuff so they could slow everyone down and play catch up! Can you Believe how behind the last teams got! CRAZY!

mamacatnv
04-02-2007, 08:12 PM

This is not the first time the show has done something like this. Personally I found it touching. I like it when the race coordinators have some sort of task that makes the teams pause for a minute and reflect on some monumental moment in history.

A couple of seasons back, the teams went to a former Slave Trading posts somewhere on the African Coasts and they were all given a flower and asked to place it in memory as well as many had a moment of silence or said a prayer. I remember that there was a Father and Daughter team and the Father was very emotional.

I think (not sure) that this was the same season that Uchenia & Joyce won.

Momof2boys
04-03-2007, 11:02 AM
"Ladies & Gentlemen, Miss California"

:funny: :rotfl: :funny:

I laughed so hard my tummy hurt !

And then Charla decided to stick a knife down her throat and I stopped laughing :doh:

mjaclyn
04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree that going to the concentration camp was out of place. When I heard on the show that they were going there I immediately thought that it was in bad taste.

What is up with Charla and Mirna??? Does Mirna really think that if she talks in an accent someone who speaks another language will understand her? And if I have to hear "Pick up the pace Charla!" one more time, I'm going to puke!!

(it WAS hiliarious watching Charla in the knight costume!!!)

Ian
04-03-2007, 02:36 PM

I dunno but it just felt odd to me.I have to admit, I thought it was a bit odd, too.

Not to imply that they didn't handle it well, but yeah ... I'm not sure you can ever handle something like that well enough for it to be included as a part of a game show.

On the flip side, though, there's what Donna pointed out ... if we can slip a little education into a reality T.V. show that's not such a terrible thing.

Either way it gave me a shiver watching it. Some day I hope to visit the camps myself and I could almost picture what standing there and taking it all in would feel like.

JanetMegan
04-04-2007, 08:30 AM
"Ladies & Gentlemen, Miss California"

:funny: :rotfl: :funny:

I laughed so hard my tummy hurt !

Oh man me too! This was hysterical!! It made me forgive Eric for being a jerk pretty much the whole show. Although I have to admit Danielle was being kind of a whiny you know what.

c&d
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
The reaction of the teams at the other table was priceless to Charla's :sick: .

I definitely don't think putting my hands over my ears would have helped at all. I don't think I could have eaten another bite after listening to her.

NotaGeek
04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Another boring episode. There seems to be LOTS more travel related delays this season, don't you think?

NJDad
04-09-2007, 05:47 AM
I didn't think it was boring, though the way they edited the race for fourth as if it was a race against elimination, seeming to hope that we'd all forgotten Uchenna and Joyce, was kinda silly.

ChipnDaleGal
04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I was sorry to see Uchenna and Joyce go out in that way. But they were classy to the end and I enjoyed seeing them again on this season. Danny and Oswald, as usual, were so entertaining this episode. You can feel how genuine their bond is, even when they are hot, tired and annoyed they still try to make each other laugh. The whole conversation they had in the cab about lemonade had us cracking up. Go Team Cha Cha Cha! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
04-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I was sorry to see Uchenna and Joyce be eliminated before a certain other team (at this point you all know who I want to go!) But as they were already winners in a previous race, I like that it now gives another team the opportunity to come away with the big prize (as long as it's not a certain other team!):D

Ian
04-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I didn't think it was boring, though the way they edited the race for fourth as if it was a race against elimination, seeming to hope that we'd all forgotten Uchenna and Joyce, was kinda silly.I thought the same thing ... very silly ...

This is one of the few times I can remember someone being that far behind that they basically ignored them for an entire episode. I know it happened once or twice before, but OUCH! Poor Uchenna and Joyce!

Although they're being previous winners, I didn't really want them to win anyway.

I'm still rooting for Dustin and Kandace. Actually, as long as anyone but Annoying and Annoyinger win I'll be fine with it. ;)

ChipnDaleGal
04-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Actually, as long as anyone but Annoying and Annoyinger win I'll be fine with it. ;)

Is that the team that talks in crazy accents to make the locals understand them?? :D

MNNHFLTX
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Is that the team that talks in crazy accents to make the locals understand them?? :DAKA "that certain other team". :)

ftwildernesskid
04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Is there anyone out there that actually LIKES Charla and Mirna?! I can't even imagine them having any friends. They have to be the most annoying people on television ever. I find myself yelling at the television like a crazy person for all the stupid things they do. They have been very lucky to have made it this far. So many of the stronger teams have run into some bad luck and have been eliminated. I'll be so angry if they bumble themselves into winning this thing! Ok. Enough venting. I'm rooting for whoever can put those 2 out of the game!

c&d
04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I was sad to see Joyce and Uchenna go. I really liked the way they were during the race. I have to admire them for taking the chance on the tight connection.

Although Charla and Mirna are very annoying to me, there are some things they say that crack me up.

I'm rooting for the beauty queens or Oswald and Danny. When he was riding away on the bike just yelling had me in hysterics.

Ian
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Is there anyone out there that actually LIKES Charla and Mirna?! I can't even imagine them having any friends. They have to be the most annoying people on television ever. I find myself yelling at the television like a crazy person for all the stupid things they do. They have been very lucky to have made it this far. So many of the stronger teams have run into some bad luck and have been eliminated. I'll be so angry if they bumble themselves into winning this thing! Ok. Enough venting. I'm rooting for whoever can put those 2 out of the game!You got that right! They would almost definitely have been eliminated last time if U&J didn't miss their flight and if the blondes hadn't yielded the other two. They totally blew it picking that stupid cookie detour.

But then again, half this game is not taking too many risks and making critical mistakes. U&J jumping on that flight with such a small margin of error was a huge blunder.

MNNHFLTX
04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
I had a feeling it would be a non-elimination round last night, so Eric and Danielle get another chance, I guess. It's kind of funny to see how they sniped at each other constantly during the this leg of the race, but at the end were all huggy again!

It was so good to see Danny and Oswald come in first place--hope they can keep up the momentum!

Otherwise I didn't think it was that exciting of a show. It seemed like half of it was spent showing all the haggling and bickering being done at the airport.

JanetMegan
04-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I hate the fact that I have been finding my favorite show boring this season...

Ian
04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
I agree, I thought last night's show was a bit of a snooze.

Honestly, Charla and Mirna annoy me so much that it's almost not enjoyable watching anymore. That entire sequence at the airport counter was just ridiculous. I'm surprised Dustin or Candace didn't wind up and knock her in the mouth. She is so unbelieveably obnoxious!

And then she tries to play it up like they're the honorable team running a "clean race" (whatever that is).

The producers aren't working very hard this season either. It was painfully obvious that it was a non-elim leg when they didn't even bother to play up the race for the final slot. I knew as soon as they showed Charla and Mirna arriving that Eric and Danielle were safe.

If the final three teams are Eric and Danielle, Charla and Mirna, and Oswald and Danny I probably won't even watch the finale.

ChipnDaleGal
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Last night might have been a little short on action, but I was so happy that Danny and Oswald came in first and got that incredible trip. They were so funny doing that fast foward car stunt. I just love the way they treat each other and they race so smart. May it continue until they cross that finish line first. If they win it will make me happier than any other reality win for any of the shows I watch, except for possibly Rupert on Survivor.

Go TEAM CHA CHA CHA!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
04-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Cha Cha! Cha Cha! :cheer:

allie_to_you
04-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Is there anyone out there that actually LIKES Charla and Mirna?!

I cannot stand those two. Mirna is especially annoying but both of them are completely irritating. They are rude and ugly to people and I soooo hope they lose the game.

I was sad to see Joyce and Uchenna go. I really liked the way they were during the race. I have to admire them for taking the chance on the tight connection.

Although Charla and Mirna are very annoying to me, there are some things they say that crack me up.

I'm rooting for the beauty queens or Oswald and Danny. When he was riding away on the bike just yelling had me in hysterics.

I like Uchenna & Joyce too and hated that they lost. I don't really like any of the remaining teams now.

I had a feeling it would be a non-elimination round last night, so Eric and Danielle get another chance, I guess. It's kind of funny to see how they sniped at each other constantly during the this leg of the race, but at the end were all huggy again!

I think Eric & Danielle are ridiculous. He acts like such a jerk, but then when they win or something goes their way, he's all kissy kissy like all is well with the world. After this race, if I were Danielle, I'd tell Eric to go take a flying leap!

Beast_fanatic
04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Whew! :whew: That was scary! You really shouldn't tempt karma like that. :nono:

ChipnDaleGal
04-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Whew! :whew: That was scary! You really shouldn't tempt karma like that. :nono:

WOW! You said it Rhonda! I was sweating that ending out. I understand that Eric was mad, but I actually would like to see him and Danielle go out before Charla and Mirna now.

NotaGeek
04-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Thank goodness ... and I totally think that team Cha Cha did what they had to do. It's $1,000,000. I have never understood why people are so weird about using the yield ... it's a race and part of the show. It's not underhanded, it's not like they are locking the other players in their hotel room in the middle of the night or tying their shoe laces together. :confused:

MNNHFLTX
04-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I think that Danny and Oswald did what they had to do too. As you said, Michael, the Yield is a legal manuever on the show and a team would be foolish not to take advantage of it if they need to. I sure hope Danny and Oswald get the chance to set the story straight with Eric and Danielle, that they did offer the Yield for cash but that it was the Beauty Queens who chose to use it on Eric and Danielle. Hearing them bend the truth by saying that they asked Danny and Oswald to yield "anyone but us" took them down a notch in my eyes.

Charla and Mirna were slightly less annoying than usual last night. :\

Ian
04-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I just kept hoping against hope it was going to be Oswald and Danny who got to the mat first ... not because I particularly like them, but because I just CAN'T STAND CHARLA AND MIRNA!!!

About the Yield ... I agree that it's part of the game and it's legal, but I think there's sort of an unwritten code on TAR among the teams that you don't use it.

I especially thought it was stupid for the blondes to use it on Eric and Danielle, who were already well in last place and marked for elimination. Hindsight is 20/20, so it seems like a good idea now, but at the time Charla and Mirna were right on their heels. I didn't really respect them for kicking E&D while they were down.

And I gotta say ... I felt like Oswald and Danny really wanted to use that Yield and were just trying to rationalize it with the whole we need money thing. There have been plenty of times on prior races where teams had no money (non-elimination rounds?) and I've never seen anyone do that. They all just begged for money. Oswald and Danny didn't even try that first ... they just sold their Yield.

I'm still rooting for the blondes. Despite the fact that they were a little cheesy last night with the way they skirted things with Eric and Danielle (we asked them to yield anyone but us ... LIAR!!), I still like them the best out of the remaining teams.

sunlyon
04-23-2007, 09:16 AM
It was nice to see Danny at least have some misgiving and regret about selling their Yield. They usually have more class than what they displayed last night. However it is near the end and perhaps they had hoped it would help...

I can't stand the blondes. I know this is a game but they irritate me more than even Charla and Mirna. I was rooting for E&D to be eliminated however I think now I would like to see the blondes gone. Yes, Charla and Mirna can be irritating but they really are working well together. Perhaps Charla has learned to tune out that nasally "Charla, run" that she hears constantly.

go cha-cha-cha.

NotaGeek
04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
About the Yield ... I agree that it's part of the game and it's legal, but I think there's sort of an unwritten code on TAR among the teams that you don't use it.

And I gotta say ... I felt like Oswald and Danny really wanted to use that Yield and were just trying to rationalize it with the whole we need money thing. There have been plenty of times on prior races where teams had no money (non-elimination rounds?) and I've never seen anyone do that. They all just begged for money. Oswald and Danny didn't even try that first ... they just sold their Yield.

I think that selling your yield shows far more integrity than begging for money on the street of a country where most people survive in extreme poverty. I think that the episodes where racers were forced to beg for money were absolutely disgusting since they were on a multi-million dollar show from America trying to win a MILLION dollars.

I would yield anyone with no regrets. It has always bugged me that people race, aside from the inherently nice Uchenna and Joyce and Kentucky will talk all this mess about each other, do small stuff the whole race to gain advantage over each other, try to get airlines to shut the door and leave people on the tarmac but no one will actually use the Yield since they have to put their picture on the sign to show who yielded them. If it was anonymous no one would have a problem.

In fact, I wish there were yield signs in life. I would yield the entire park at Disneyland so I could ride Peter Pan without an hour wait. :mickey:

Ian
04-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Michael, I don't disagree about the yield. I'd be yielding my fanny off in that game given half the chance!

I'm of the opinion that the race is a GAME! A game in which the grand prize happens to be a small fortune. In any game, I firmly believe you take every single edge that the rules allow. If the rules say it's fair, it's fair.

People who whine about getting yielded just have sour grapes.

Just one point on the whole begging issue, though ... I know some parts of China are very poor, but not Macao. That's a very well-to-do area of China and the people there are, by and large, transplants from other countries there doing business. Did you notice the large number of English-speakers they ran into?

Although I do get your overall point and I pretty much agree. When you're in some of these countries, begging money from people is pretty low ...

MNNHFLTX
04-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Awww, I sad. :(

Although the way the race was going, I kind of figured Danny and Oswald weren't going to be able to make up enough time to overcome their 30 minute penalty and would lose anyway.

I hate to say it, but I think the Beauty Queens are going to win (please, please don't let it be Charla and Mirna--especially after another round of Let's Imitate the Cab Driver tonight). Eric and Danielle are so going to break up after the race. :shake:

NotaGeek
04-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Awe... bummer! But at least Danny got another zinger in ... "Teletubbies go to war" :funny:

Sad, but of the final 3 I have to vote for Myrna and Schmyrna, but I wouldn't be sad if everyne got caught in a typhoon in Guam and no one won,

ChipnDaleGal
04-30-2007, 05:59 AM
I am so bummed out that the boys never really got their race going on this leg. I had that same feeling, Beth, through the entire episode that they were not going to make it up. I am glad that they won a few legs and got some nice prizes though.

Now I am rooting for the Beauty Queens. They have raced great this season. They work well as a team, are very suppotive of each other, and tried really hard to think things out carefully and calmly. It shows in how well they have done. I would like to see them be the first all girl team to win. I actually would have to root for Charla and Mirna as my back up team. I don't want Eric and Danielle to win anything more. They are awful to each other and very unlikeable to me. I would just hate to see them win the big money. If the teams stay close together and it comes down to a foot race then I just hope the Beauty Queens have a jump on Eric.

Carol
04-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Of the final 3 - I really don't care who wins. I don't like any of them. :unsure:

"Teletubbies go to war" I laughed so hard at that, Michael. I replayed it so many times. He is just too funny! :funny:

Momof2boys
04-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm very sad to see Danny & Oswald out of the race. I didn't think there was enough for one team to pull enough ahead like there are in other legs.

I'll be rooting for Eric & Danielle to win the race next week followed very loosely by Dustin & Kandice.

sunlyon
04-30-2007, 09:17 AM
I am bummed about ChaChaCha :(

I will have to say that as even though they can be annoying I will be rooting for Charla and Mirna. Charla has overcome so much and been such a trooper with her annoying cousin that I would love to see her win.

I haven't liked Dustin and Kandace since the first time they raced and Eric and Danielle don't seem to be winners to me. I don't know exactly why they don't, but I agree that this may be it for them couple-wise.

TheDuckRocks
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm so sad to see Danny and Oswald go, but they really didn't seem to be into "racing" last night. Sad! :sadwave:
As much as I love Amazing Race it's hard to believe how many times I haven't liked anyone in the finals. I'm just hoping that either of the girl teams beat out Eric and Danielle.

d_m_n_n
04-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I am not an avid viewer and have missed several episodes (although I have been trying the last few weeks to watch). Forgive me for asking this question as I may appear very stupid...

Did Danny and Oswald say as they were leaving they hoped Charla and Myrna would win...that they were very classy? Tell me my ears deceived me or that they were being sarcastic. Those two "women" (and I use that term loosely here) have about as much class as sewer rats!!! If the guys were being serious, what have I missed that would make them classy? :confused: :thedolls:

sunlyon
04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I am not an avid viewer and have missed several episodes (although I have been trying the last few weeks to watch). Forgive me for asking this question as I may appear very stupid...

Did Danny and Oswald say as they were leaving they hoped Charla and Myrna would win...that they were very classy? Tell me my ears deceived me or that they were being sarcastic. Those two "women" (and I use that term loosely here) have about as much class as sewer rats!!! If the guys were being serious, what have I missed that would make them classy? :confused: :thedolls:

I think a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes that we never get to see. Perhaps when they are not racing they are wonderful, caring people. Just like on Survivor, I think these shows are edited to bring out the negative and/or controversial side of the contestants. How many people would watch if it was all sugar sweet?
Also remember that a lot of the time when they are racing they don't interact closely with other teams, so the things that annoy us as viewers the other teams may never see.

luvdiznee
04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
OK, I have been watching every since Rob & Amber go ousted :mad: I did start cheering for the beauty queens because of the fact that they were the only team not yelling at each other or degrading each other. Although on the previews for next week looks like things are changing between them. But at the same time I was rooting for eric and danielle. They seemed to be the underdogs.

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Did Danny and Oswald say as they were leaving they hoped Charla and Myrna would win...that they were very classy? Tell me my ears deceived me or that they were being sarcastic. Those two "women" (and I use that term loosely here) have about as much class as sewer rats!!! If the guys were being serious, what have I missed that would make them classy?I believe their exact words were that Charla and Mirna were a "real class act", and I thought that was kind of humorous too. I can only assume that they were on more friendly terms with those two ladies as opposed to the other teams left at that point. I don't believe they were being sarcastic. :shrug:

offwego
05-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I believe their exact words were that Charla and Mirna were a "real class act", and I thought that was kind of humorous too. I can only assume that they were on more friendly terms with those two ladies as opposed to the other teams left at that point. I don't believe they were being sarcastic. :shrug:

I got the same feeling. I suspect the people can be very different with each other from the way we see them. And if I remember Danny & Oswald seemed just fine in giving Charla and Mirna the codes for a standby placement too or something. And didn't Charla & Mirna tell the guys they would have given them money too?

At any rate I think I'm going for the beauty queens at this point..but it's mostly a case of I'm not really keen on any of the three groups and that team seems interesting (or more so) then Dani & Eric (still not keen on the way he reacted to the yeilds) and Charla & Mirna and the way they imitate accents just grates on my last nerve.

2Epcot
05-02-2007, 12:42 AM
I just got around to watching the show yesterday on my DVR, so I avoid these posts until then. I started supporting the beauty queens after Rob and Amber got eliminated. I hope that they do become the first all girl team to win. Did anyone else notice the hidden Mickey in last week's episode. As they drove on the freeway in Hong Kong, there was a Mickey on one of the road signs, showing the direction to Hong Kong Disneyland. It was only there for a second or two. :mickey:

mel
05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I cant believe I forgot to tape amazing race allstars. Did anyone tape it? Could someone send me a tape??

DizneyRox
05-06-2007, 10:06 PM
MIght want to check on cbs.com once it all airs on the west coast. Most networks do their shows online for a bit.

I felt it was a little rushed. Still a good race, but to only have a one hour season finale, that's just going cheap IMHO.

NotaGeek
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
The most lame lest leg ever ... and no 2 hours? I can't wait for a regular season.

Carol
05-07-2007, 07:09 AM
:bored:

JanetMegan
05-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Of course the only team I DON'T want to win, wins. That stunk.

ChipnDaleGal
05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Of course the only team I DON'T want to win, wins. That stunk.

Ugh! Me too, Janet. Eric is one of my least favorite players ever. :(

Shugoondola
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
:down:

BriarRose0708
05-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Eric and Danielle? Are you kidding? That was the most anti-climactic ending ever. I didn't like any of the teams in the top 3 at all this season. And did anyone else notice at the end when Phil was talking to the teams the camera kept cutting to Rob and Amber? Some one please stop giving those two air time!

Ian
05-07-2007, 09:46 AM
You've got to be kidding me?? Seriously ... what a disaster. I cannot BELIEVE that Eric and Danielle won. All that time they were fumbling along, barely clinging to the game, making mistakes, grumping at each other and at other teams, and then they win??? UGH!!!

Dustin and Kandace were, by far, the best team in this race. They hardly ever bickered (last night being the only exception to that), they ran a great race, they excel physically and mentally, and they had a lot of class. They deserved to win and it's a shame that they came in second.

Although I will say that it was pretty impressive that Danielle was able to break that combination. I didn't really get the impression that Kandace or Charla tried all that hard. I would have been banging in combinations as fast as I could type them in.

Anyway ... disappointing season if you ask me. I really didn't see this as much of an All Star competition in the first place (I think maybe 4 of the teams qualified for true All Star status) and the ending was suitably disappointing to match.

Here's hoping next season brings some new blood with some new interesting teams to love and hate!

MNNHFLTX
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I agree, what a snoozer. I didn't really care that Eric and Danielle won, but his fawning all over her at the end (after sniping at her constantly during the competition) made me want to :ack:

One question I have--since Phil announced that for the final leg they were going to fly to San Francisco, why did they have to fly into Oakland?

Momof2boys
05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
:joy:

Looks like I'm one of few that was rooting for Eric & Danielle to win from the final 3. I think they had a bit of a disadvantage because even though they both ran the race before, they didn't run it together. I think if you truly know how the other person competes, you have an upper hand. That's what I attributed a lot of their bickering towards. I give Danielle credit because as Eric said at the finish, he didn't slow down for her and she did her best to keep up with him along the race. Gotta love a strong woman.

I'm happy for them. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
One question I have--since Phil announced that for the final leg they were going to fly to San Francisco, why did they have to fly into Oakland?
Could be an artificial choke point they insert every so often.

Just guessing, but there are probably fewer flights OAK than SFO so to make the end exciting, they could have stipulated they must fly into OAK.

The artificial choke points are really bothering me. I was very surprised the several times that folks missed flights and were days behind. I pictured that being the norm when the show first started, when you're flying all over the world and buying tickets last minute I can't imagine the races being as close as they seem to be.

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Dustin and Kandace were, by far, the best team in this race. They hardly ever bickered (last night being the only exception to that), they ran a great race, they excel physically and mentally, and they had a lot of class. They deserved to win and it's a shame that they came in second.

I would agree. I was hoping the blondes would win as well. They did run a good race, as did Rob and Amber until they were eliminated. Though if I had to choose a second place it would be Eric and Danielle, over Charla & Mirna.

The artificial choke points are really bothering me. I was very surprised the several times that folks missed flights and were days behind. I pictured that being the norm when the show first started, when you're flying all over the world and buying tickets last minute I can't imagine the races being as close as they seem to be.

It is hard to know how close some of these are ... it is just a TV show, so they want to make it exciting.

Rob and Amber seemed to be so bored on the final show. It looked like they wanted to be anywhere but at the end of that race. They seemed to have forced smiles on, and I didn't see them clapping at all.

Mousefever
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
You've got to be kidding me?? Seriously ... what a disaster. I cannot BELIEVE that Eric and Danielle won. All that time they were fumbling along, barely clinging to the game, making mistakes, grumping at each other and at other teams, and then they win??? UGH!!!

Yes! The only two that have deserved it less were Zach and Whiner Girl, Flo. OK, Zach deserved the win, but Flo didn't deserve one penny. She should have had to pay Zach for dragging her sorry rump around for the last few legs.

Here's hoping for a better season next time!

:dory:

MNNHFLTX
05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I saw Eric and Danielle on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning and they have indeed broken up and are already dating other people. In fact, they kind of sniped at each other on the show, just like they did during the race.

offwego
05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I saw Eric and Danielle on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning and they have indeed broken up and are already dating other people. In fact, they kind of sniped at each other on the show, just like they did during the race.

Yah know I'm not surprised at all..they just won a million dollars and they didn't even kiss each other. That's pretty unusual for a dating pair no?

Let's face it we've seen kisses on survivor and those folks don't even have toothpaste!

BriarRose0708
05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Yah know I'm not surprised at all..they just won a million dollars and they didn't even kiss each other. That's pretty unusual for a dating pair no?

Let's face it we've seen kisses on survivor and those folks don't even have toothpaste!

Can't say I'm surprised either. I watched the original season they were on and it appeared the only reason they were interested in each other at all was purely physical. Which is important of course, but the entire time on this most recent race they barely acted like they even liked each other.

sunlyon
05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
And did anyone else notice at the end when Phil was talking to the teams the camera kept cutting to Rob and Amber? Some one please stop giving those two air time!

:ditto: Please keep them off my TV! Rob and Amber have had WAY more than their 15 minutes of fame.

JanetMegan
05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Heard this morning on the way in that indeed Eric and Danielle had broken up...

c&d
05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I really wish that the blondes had won. They ran a really good race without all the sniping of the other 2 teams.

I loved the shots of Rob & Amber, it looked like they never got over being eliminated by Myrna and Charla.

Can't wait for the next race.