PDA

View Full Version : INTERCOT West Boards Moving Here To INTERCOT!

John
01-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Sometime tomorrow, we will be closing down the INTERCOT West Boards as they exist now and moving the Boards here.

The look and feel will be familiar and the focus will be still be on Disneyland. For the rest of the forums here, you'll be able to particapate on the INTERCOT boards thriving community as a whole. From the new IWEST Boards menu, you can get there by...

1) Clicking on the Main Boards link at the bottom.
2) Using the Jump Menu to go to the exact forum you want
or
3) Choose the INTERCOT Boards link at the top of the page.

We are still tweaking things but we may add a forum jump menu to the left as well.

Finally, some bad news. We will not be able to port over user names to INTERCOT's discussion boards. If you are not presently a registered user on INTERCOT (Not INTERCOT West), you will need to sign up again.

To compensate for this inconvenience, we will be setting up a special email address (to be announced tomorrow) for you to send notice you have signed up - and we will restore your posting status/count.

Ryan and I know this will be a little bit of a pain at first, but that you will come to love being part of the larger INTERCOT Community and benefit from increased traffic in the Disneyland specific forums.

So, hop on over, and meet some new friends... and thanks for being a valued member of INTERCOT!

BTW, here is a link to the OLD boards for archive purposes - which will be up for the next week or so:

http://www.intercotwest.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

ChipDale
01-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeehaw! :thumbsup:

Carol
01-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Woot! :woohoo:

:welcome: to the Community, All.

sleepingbooty
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Yea! How exciting! I had started to visit the I-west boards occasionally as we plan for a DL visit in June, and I always wished that it was part of Intercot main, as I'm more used to the layout and function of the site. Bet there'll be more traffic here, too! :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm excited to be able to read the posts and learn more about DLR!

ChipnDaleGal
01-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Welcome aboard all you Disneylanders!!! I hope you have fun over here once you get used to the change!! :yay:

Melanie
01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Most excellent, John and Ryan!!!

Welcome one and all!!! :mickey3:

dw2649
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
As JohnY Posted in the Disneyland forums, the Intercot West Discussion boards are being merged into our discussion boards in the next couple of days. So, I wanted to welcome everybody from Intercot West over to our discussion boards!!!!! Hope you all enjoy it over here.
:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

P.S. Does anybody know if the Churro Thread from Intercot West is going to be ported over here to our discussion boards or are we going to have to start all over in the Disneyland forums?

Patricia
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Wow!

That sure changed the look of the DLR forum!

Welcome Icot West!
:thumbsup:

DVCWDWMEMBER
01-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow this is really great news. Have been with intercot for a while and just recently signed up with Intercot west. I just love it. It will be much easier to keep up now that I don't have to bounce between both.

thank you so much

DisneyDudet
01-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I had a few postings in IWest under this same name. Can we add them to our regular Intercot count?

Melanie
01-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I had a few postings in IWest under this same name. Can we add them to our regular Intercot count?

Stay tuned!

NotaGeek
01-10-2007, 04:26 AM
:rocks: Welcome to the East side all you West Siders! It's me, Michael and I happen to be a mod on both sides, so I will still be here helping out with questions and cool DLR stuff on the new and bigger INTERCOT!

It's fun, and there are LOTS of super people around over here, you'll have a great time!

See you on the boards! :wave:

tinkwest
01-10-2007, 04:56 AM
:welcome:

Welcome to the INTERCOT West members coming over to INTERCOT and welcome to INTERCOT members taking a first peek at the new Disneyland Resort portion of the boards.

For those of you familiar with IW, you will find these boards just as easy to navigate - with a lot more options for your fonts, colors, & smilies! :mjump:

Don't be afraid to join in. You already know me and several others from IW (I was "tink" over there), so you are among friends. :wave:

SebastiansDisneyMama
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Hello all I used to be MickeyandStitchToo on Intercot West. Still here to anoy yahhhh!!! :mickey:

Disneyluvr2
01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi to my old buddies on IWest! And hi to my new soon to be buddies from the east side! Wow! This is quite a change! Sure are a lot more things to read over here!

ChipDale
01-11-2007, 09:30 AM
:welcome: I'm glad you guys found us! :)

Here we go again...
01-12-2007, 09:19 AM
This is cool. I actually visited the Intercot West boards when ever Intercot was down. Luckily I was able to use my same screen name or I would have really been confused.

The only problem I have is.....
What do I do when Intercot is down now??? :D

Melanie
01-12-2007, 11:16 AM
The only problem I have is.....
What do I do when Intercot is down now??? :DWe're hardly ever down anymore, after switching to the new boards on vBulletin. ;) Of course, there will be necessary upgrades now and then. For those occassions, I suggest you take up.....knitting. :knit: :D

CogsworthWest
01-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I was "Cogsworth" over on IntercotWest, but as that name was taken over here, I am now "CogsworthWest", trying to retain a little of our West Coast roots!

This new format looks great!

2Epcot
01-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I was "Cogsworth" over on IntercotWest, but as that name was taken over here, I am now "CogsworthWest", trying to retain a little of our West Coast roots!

:welcome: CogsworthWest to Intercot! (East)

This new format looks great!

I was registered on Interctot West but didn't post very often. The main thing I didn't like about the West boards was the format. I never understood why Intercot looked so good, and Intercot West looked so bad. I'm glad to see the merge happen. :mickey:

Figment!
01-12-2007, 02:03 PM
... trying to retain a little of our West Coast roots!We also have recently added a slew of new Disneyland Avatars for anyone also interested in showing their love of the "park the Walt built".

They can be found under the "Disneyland Resort" section on the Avatar drop-down menu.

Disney Babe
01-14-2007, 11:11 PM
:rocks:

I'm Disney Babe from the West Side saying hello to all my old and new friends. :mickey:

Besides Intercot, I belong to Visions Fantasic under the same user name and like to give advice on the Trip Advisor website in the Anaheim Forum under the name of Redlands Redhead.

Carol
01-15-2007, 08:46 AM
:welcome:, Everyone!

ChipDale
01-15-2007, 11:11 AM
The main thing I didn't like about the West boards was the format. I never understood why Intercot looked so good, and Intercot West looked so bad. I'm glad to see the merge happen. :mickey:

:confused: Um, it was the same format just a different color (as you see now). INTERCOT got an upgrade with a few more bells and whistles, but essentially it was the same.

2Epcot
01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
:confused: Um, it was the same format just a different color (as you see now). INTERCOT got an upgrade with a few more bells and whistles, but essentially it was the same.

The times I visited it didn't look the same to me. I figured it must be using a different version of software. The site had a different look to it, beyond color, unless it was changed in the last several months. I had not been on the West boards in a while.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey all,

I'm here finally. This is Scott from the I-West. Formerly a moderator. Looking forward to getting to know the rest of the Intercot family.

In need of some coaster time and soon!

:balloon:
See you at DLR!

DVCWDWMEMBER
01-16-2007, 07:07 AM
When will all the posts be moved over?
I can't find a thread that I started and do not know if anyone has answered. I had a question on working Studios in CA.
:mickey:

Melanie
01-16-2007, 07:11 AM
When will all the posts be moved over?
I can't find a thread that I started and do not know if anyone has answered. I had a question on working Studios in CA.
:mickey:Hi!

The threads from INTERCOT West will not be moved over. I'd suggest that you pose the question again here.

ChipDale
01-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey all,

I'm here finally. This is Scott from the I-West. Formerly a moderator. Looking forward to getting to know the rest of the Intercot family.

In need of some coaster time and soon!

:balloon:
See you at DLR!

:hi: Hi Scott! :hi: I'm glad you made it! :D

susy the groomer
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi, I was Goofygirl in the west and I'm really missing my stars. Can you help me get them back?

DVCWDWMEMBER
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi!

The threads from INTERCOT West will not be moved over. I'd suggest that you pose the question again here.

Thanks so much Melanears. I will go ahead and post it again.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
:hi: Hi Scott! :hi: I'm glad you made it! :D
Thanks Jane. Miss you. Sorry I didn't make it out there last time you were at the resort.

Been working like crazy.

Hoping to make it to DLR soon.
:fingers:

atbda
01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm back on Intercot (finally) after my password somehow got lost. Couple of questions:

1. JohnY wrote "To compensate for this inconvenience, we will be setting up a special email address (to be announced tomorrow) for you to send notice you have signed up - and we will restore your posting status/count."

Has that email address been issued yet? (I've been busy trying to get my username/password restored and might have missed the posting)

2. DisneyDudet wrote "I had a few postings in IWest under this same name. Can we add them to our regular Intercot count?" :confused:

I'd like to know the answer to this but, also, I'm in a slightly different situation. I had different names on IntercotWest and Intercot. Will adding my IWest counts to my Intercot counts work even though they are under different usernames?

Thanks!

Melanie
01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi, I was Goofygirl in the west and I'm really missing my stars. Can you help me get them back?
Will adding my IWest counts to my Intercot counts work even though they are under different usernames? Check your PMs. :)

susy the groomer
01-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Help Melanears what's a pm's?

tinkwest
01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Help Melanears what's a pm's?

Private Message.

Click on User CP.
Under Control Panel, scroll down & click on Private Message.
Choose Inbox to view Private Messages received from other members.

Disney Babe
01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Questions for moderators. Are the games from the west side being imported over here, or do we have to start new games? Are there already any existing games regarding DLR only? I don't mind learning about WDW, but I am really only a DL enthusiast. I would like to know I can participate in trivia games and either/or games about DLR only.

I was enjoying the Kevin Bacon game. Does someone need to start that up here or will it be imported over to here?

Also, what happens to all the old threads with good DLR info? Are they archived or just lost? We had a lot of good stuff and I loved that thread about supposed hauntings in DL. Will the old site go down, or can we refer back to it?

Thanks. :mickey:

tinkwest
01-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Are the games from the west side being imported over here, or do we have to start new games? Are there already any existing games regarding DLR only? I don't mind learning about WDW, but I am really only a DL enthusiast. I would like to know I can participate in trivia games and either/or games about DLR only.

Take a look at the games section. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=26) You will recognize many of them as being the same as at INTERCOT West. I think you will discover that many of the games that have to do with Disney are Disney general, rather than specific to WDW or Disneyland, just as it was at IW. You can always start a new game that isn't already being played and see if anyone is interested in participating.

I was enjoying the Kevin Bacon game. Does someone need to start that up here or will it be imported over to here?

Actor Association is already being played here at INTERCOT. Join in!

Also, what happens to all the old threads with good DLR info? Are they archived or just lost?

This has not yet been determined.

daksmom
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
haven't really been around much lately and was surprised to hear of the boards merger. so far I'm liking the look but sure do miss my intercot west ranking which I see are up. guess I should have posted just to check. :blush: :thumbsup:

deathoftherescue
01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
how do we get our post count back?

Melanie
01-17-2007, 07:22 PM
how do we get our post count back?

Please check your Private Messages.

SebastiansDisneyMama
01-18-2007, 06:24 AM
I was Mickeyandstitchtoo on the west board. I checked the pms and I don't have any. Am I just having a moment again???

SebastiansDisneyMama
01-18-2007, 06:36 AM
What can I say. I din't even notice my stars were back!!!

Thanks

I feel like a whole person again.

Maybe I should try and go back to bed.

Disney Babe
01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Okay, I'm just hoping we all made it over here! I haven't seen posts from two of my Disney pals from the west side. Pinkpele and Bigchief, I miss you - are you here? :wave:

JustDuckie
01-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Hi everyone! Phew! Glad I made it over here! :) I was Tnkbelle over on the Intercot West board. With the new board I decided on a new handle to match what I typically use on other boards. Now all I need to do is get my post count/stars back and I'll be all set! :)

Looking forward to reconnecting with some old friends and meeting new ones!

Melanie
01-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Now all I need to do is get my post count/stars back and I'll be all set! :):welcome:

You should be all fixed up now! :mjump:

JustDuckie
01-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Cool! Thanks Melanears! :D

DisneyLandMomma
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
:hi:

took me awhile to figure out what was going on :blush: but I finally made it over to "this" side. :funny: I'm glad to be here!!

For anyone that might remember me...I was Disneymomma on the other boards.

OMGosh...I'm loving all the smilies!! :minnie:

Disney Babe
01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Disneymomma! I mean DisneyLandMomma. Glad you are here! :welcome:

Carol
01-27-2007, 08:43 AM
:welcome: DisneyLandMomma!

So glad you found the breadcrumbs we left. :look:

SierraNevada
02-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Not sure if an email address was ever posted - I may have missed it. I am also hoping to get my post count and stars back. Same screen name - SierraNevada

Thanks.

Carol
02-26-2007, 08:50 AM
:welcome:
I am also hoping to get my post count and stars back. You're all set. :)

SierraNevada
02-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks!

drevlo
03-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Howdy all!
I was previously known as "Mercury" on the Intercot West Boards....I haven't checked in for quite a while, but since I have, I guess I should re-introduce myself.
I go by "Drevlo" now....I'm from Sonoma County, Ca. which is about 45minutes north of San Francisco..
Does anyone know what I have to do to get my old "stats" back from the IntercotWest days?

Cheers!

Melanie
03-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Welcome Mercury...errr, drevlo! Glad you found us. :mickey3:

Does anyone know what I have to do to get my old "stats" back from the IntercotWest days?
I will take care of this for you! :thumbsup:

Carol
03-05-2007, 07:59 AM
:welcome: drevlo!

Splash_Lover
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi, I was splash_lover on the west boards and have been gone a while. Can I pleeeeese get my stars back. Sprinkle me with pixie dust please.

Melanie
03-31-2007, 02:49 AM
Hi, I was splash_lover on the west boards and have been gone a while. Can I pleeeeese get my stars back. Sprinkle me with pixie dust please.

All set! :thumbsup:

:welcome: to INTERCOT!