PDA

View Full Version : ER starts back up tonight!

ldn324
01-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Ahh, my Thursdays will be complete again now that ER starts back up again tonight. I SO can't wait to see what's going to happen, especially the Luka/Curtis Ames thing.

I take so much flack from everyone I know on how I've stuck with ER for the entire length of the show and how it's so overly dramatic. My response - it IS a drama....if it portrayed real life, we could just hop down to our local ER and watch that! :funny:

Anyone else with me here? I'm also excited for the Office to be back on. Those two are pretty much the only prime time shows I watch anymore.

GreenBeetle
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
We Pennsylvanians must think alike. I still love ER after all these years and The Office is one of my new favorites! You gotta love Jim - and Dwight just kills me!

ldn324
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
We Pennsylvanians must think alike. I still love ER after all these years and The Office is one of my new favorites! You gotta love Jim - and Dwight just kills me!

YES! I wonder if the PA/Office connection is because of the Scranton setting? We only live about 45 minutes from Scranton and I know we crack up any time there is a Scranton or surrounding area reference. Like when Michael asked Dwight did he go to the Boston Market in Stroudsburg - that's like 15 minutes from our house!

What are your most anticipated moments of ER for the rest of this season? Am I the only one that wants Neela and Ray to hook up?

GreenBeetle
01-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I would love to see Neela and Ray hook up - but John Stamos is very easy on the eyes - if you know what I mean. ;) ;) It's just hard to see him as anything but Uncle Jesse from Full House. :D

Is Dr. Weaver really leaving the show after all these years??

ldn324
01-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Is Dr. Weaver really leaving the show after all these years??

I sat there wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything of any of the characters departing the show.

Ever notice how almost every character has had some sort of series of rough blows in their life? Kerry sure has had her share of heartache - and last night's episode really twisted the knife for her.

How about Pratt?? Did you see the previews for next week? Yikes!

If any of them were to have to leave, I'd prefer it be Samantha and her kid. I feel bad that she's had a rough life, but for some reason I find her storyline so annoying. I guess because to me, she will never replace Nurse Hathaway!!

Good episode - but I have a feeling the next few will be even better!

GreenBeetle
01-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Aaahh, the good old days with Nurse Hathaway and Doug Ross! Since I'm a stay-at-home Mom, I watch the re-runs almost every day. And I still cry every time Mark Green dies.

You're right - they have all had tough lives. Kind of makes me feel my troubles aren't so bad - at least for an hour anyway!

NotaGeek
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I have watched this show since the beginning as well! I absolutely LOVE it, and I am very impressed with the writers ... characters come and go, but they keep me interested!

My only question is HOW can John Stamos STILL be so hot? The fact that he's a Disney Geek makes him even hotter!

I must say that the whole Curtis Aames story line DOES bother me, too. As an actor Forret Whitaker does SUCH a good job at being creepy.

mickeyfan2001
01-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Aaahh, the good old days with Nurse Hathaway and Doug Ross! Since I'm a stay-at-home Mom, I watch the re-runs almost every day. And I still cry every time Mark Green dies.

You're right - they have all had tough lives. Kind of makes me feel my troubles aren't so bad - at least for an hour anyway!

Me too...

ChipnDaleGal
01-06-2007, 07:18 AM
I have watched this show since the beginning as well! I absolutely LOVE it, and I am very impressed with the writers ... characters come and go, but they keep me interested!

Me too Michael. It amazes me how so many major characters that I really cared about have come and gone, and I am still as into the show now as when it started!

Carol
01-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes - Laura Innes is leaving the show.

Me too Michael. It amazes me how so many major characters that I really cared about have come and gone, and I am still as into the show now as when it started!Me too, too! :here:

I haven't missed an episode in 13 years. It's still one of my favorite shows.

GreenBeetle
01-06-2007, 10:09 AM

I wonder why? I know she's been on forever, but they are really building the show up as being better than ever. Maybe there's nothing more they can do with her character - she's been through it all!

2Epcot
01-08-2007, 12:31 AM
I've watched the series since the first season. ER has always been the medical show I compare all others too ... it is still my favorite. I like Grey's Anatomy too, but I don't consider it a medical show, it is a realtionship drama with a medical setting. ER is the true medical drama.

ldn324
01-08-2007, 09:56 AM

I have to say, this one caught me by surprise. I guess I should have seen it coming with her getting demoted and her character having very little screen time lately.

I didn't like Kerry at first, but since all of her hardships, she has become a much more likeable person. It will be sad to see her go but hopefully Kerry and Henry will have a wonderful life waiting for them in Miami.

I know, I know - it's just a TV show - but I can't help but think these people are real to me :cry:

My current favorite character is Abby. I wish for once, she would be allowed to just live a normal, happy life but it appears that the mystery man in the bar a few weeks back is coming back with some surprising, perhaps troubling news?? I can imagine what it is, but I'm not going to think too much about it so it will be more of a surprise to me too!

Forrest Whitaker does do an amazing job as the troubled Curtis Ames. He's such a great character actor - despite Curtis' anquished life, he really makes you not like him. To me, if an actor can make you like or dislike their character, especially when you think you should feel the opposite way about them, they are doing a great job.

GreenBeetle
01-09-2007, 03:48 PM
. . . but it appears that the mystery man in the bar a few weeks back is coming back with some surprising, perhaps troubling news??

Well, whenever an adult is lurking in the shadows of a main character, they usually turn out to be the parent they never knew. Is that what you are thinking? I don't remember Abby's Mom (Sally Field) ever discussing her father. Did I miss that somewhere?? They always seem to talk as if Abby and her brother pretty much raised themselves because of their mother's mental illness - I guess that leaves the door open for a father to turn up some day. Hope I didn't spoil anything - I really don't know where the story is headed.

GreenBeetle
01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I like Grey's Anatomy too, but I don't consider it a medical show, it is a realtionship drama with a medical setting. ER is the true medical drama.

I agree. I love Grey's Anatomy, but it's definitely more of a relationship show. But Dr. McDreamy sure does fill the void left when cutie Doug Ross left ER!! ;)

ldn324
01-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, whenever an adult is lurking in the shadows of a main character, they usually turn out to be the parent they never knew. Is that what you are thinking?

Yep, that's what I had in mind.

At first I thought it had something to do with Ames since the "mystery man" appeared in the bar in the same episode where Luka finds out that Ames is stalking him, Abby & Joe, but I can't really come up with any logical connection. Of course, this is ER - the world where Dr. Romano not only got his arm chopped off by a helicopter, he then goes on to be SQUASHED in a totally different helicopter scene. :D Was that logic or just complete and total irony? He he he...

GreenBeetle
01-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Of course, this is ER - the world where Dr. Romano not only got his arm chopped off by a helicopter, he then goes on to be SQUASHED in a totally different helicopter scene. :D Was that logic or just complete and total irony? He he he...

Ha ha ha. I always felt Romano got exactly what was coming to him (karma, as Earl would say). They failed to ever show a "softer" side of him - except maybe when he admitted his feelings for Elizabeth in one episode. What a sad, sad little man.

ldn324
01-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Oh my goodness!!! I don't think in the history of the show that we've been left with so many cliffhangers in one episode! :eyes:

:spoiler:
Will Pratt really be in big trouble?
Has Sam's kid really done it now?
Will this new twist with Gates ruin things for him and Neela and, if so, will it push Neela back to Ray? I felt bad for Ray really trying to tell Neela how he felt but getting interrupted!
Why didn't we have a bigger send-off for Kerry? Doesn't she deserve it after this many years? No party, no gifts, etc.??
And maybe most importantly....Will Abby and Joe be OK?? Why did Ames want her to call Luka? Any why - oh why - didn't Abby take a good look around when she came in. I saw Ames - I wish she had seen him too in time for her and Joe to get out of there!

I noticed no preview for next week. Does that mean we have to wait two weeks?? I don't think I can handle the wait....

GreenBeetle
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Yikes! That was quite an exciting ending last night. It almost seemed like an end-of-season cliffhanger.

Well, we guessed correctly about Abby's father. That one I saw coming. But, I never expected Ames to be sitting in the apartment . . . very scary! Maybe Abby's father will show up and save the day!!

I felt really bad for Ray too. As much as I like John Stamos, he's the new guy - Ray has loved Neela from afar for a while now.

Kerry has come a long way. She was not likeable when she first came to the show, but I felt bad when she left last night. I'm glad she didn't hold a grudge against Luka - I've always liked him.

Now for that kid of Sam's . . . he's big trouble! I have a feeling someone will die in the fire - possibly Grandma or the new boyfriend.

Stay tuned . . . :drama:

ldn324
01-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Now for that kid of Sam's . . . he's big trouble! I have a feeling someone will die in the fire - possibly Grandma or the new boyfriend.
Stay tuned . . . :drama:

Yep, that's what I was thinking - probably Grandma. At first, I thought he was going to deliberately burn the place down but then it looked like it truly was an accident when he dropped the glass. I don't know why, but I've just never liked that kid. Even when it was a different actor playing him younger. Always such a brat. I guess when you come from a home like he has though, things are bound to get nasty.

Ooohh, didn't think about Abby's father maybe being the one to save her and Joe's life...I like that twist! I was SOOO tense sitting through that scene. When they first scanned the room and I saw Ames sitting there - I'm literally yelling at the screen for Abby to get out! They did do a good job of sneaking Ames back into the story though.

I personally am enjoying this season of ER more than any of the more recent ones. The writing seems to have taken a new turn and is more character oriented rather than just simply being overdramatic.

PirateLover
01-13-2007, 03:41 PM
I liked the original Alex better, although I never was a fan of the character. I had a feeling someone was going to be in Abby's room when she got home. If I were Abby, the minute I saw Ames in my house I would've ran with my baby right out the door and to the nearest safe place I could go. He sure plays a good creep.

mtown71
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Man, I have watched ER for a long time but I missed the past couple of episodes. Can anyone give me a quick readers digest version? Sounds like I missed a lot!

ldn324
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Man, I have watched ER for a long time but I missed the past couple of episodes. Can anyone give me a quick readers digest version? Sounds like I missed a lot!

Hmm, not sure how much you’ve missed, but here’s a little overview of the past several episodes:

Luka was sued by Curtis Ames, a patient who became paralyzed after an overworked ER (headed by Luka) resulted in Ames not receiving proper medical care. Ames, played by Forrest Whitaker, loses his case, then decides since Luka destroyed his life (in his head, anyway), that he would make it his mission to destroy Luka’s life. He has since been stalking Abby, Luka and Joe (their baby son). And speaking of Abby, a mystery man she had been treating has turned out to be her father. Last week, she told him she wanted no part of him.

Neela has become involved with Gates (John Stamos), much to the dismay of Ray, who has had a crush on Neela for some time. Gates former girlfriend (sort-of girlfriend) and her daughter have taken this new relationship very hard. The little girl has been nasty to Neela and the girlfriend has now done something drastic to try and get Gates back (we won’t know until next episode what she did).

Kerry was asked to participate in some TV news reports on medical issues. While doing this, she met a female reporter who she started a relationship with. Luka was asked to make some budget cuts, and included in those cuts was Kerry’s salary. The same day, she was offered a medical reporting job in Miami. She wanted to stay in Chicago, but once she found out the budget did include a fancy piece of equipment for the operating room, she figured maybe the Miami move was for the best. She departed the show for good last week.

Not sure if you knew the Sam ex-husband storyline?? She killed him in a kidnapping back earlier in the season. Anyway, she has since hooked up with a new “murse” – male nurse in the ER. Her grandmother has also come to live with her and Alex. Alex is very troubled since he saw Sam kill his father. He has stolen Morris’ credit card and done other things, but has really done it now as he has set fire (sort of accidentally) to his mother’s new apartment. We won’t know until next episode how that turns out but Sam, Alex, the new boyfriend and grandma are all inside.

Pratt was arrested for giving prescription drugs to a local church after he found out that the members were doing a “pill swap” program with each other since they couldn’t afford medication and proper medical care. His heart was in the right place, but the DEA didn’t see it that way. Luka has the legal department getting involved, but as of now, Pratt is in jail.

I am sure to have missed something here, but at least it’s a general overview of what’s been going on in the last few weeks. Let me know if I’ve jumped ahead on any parts and I’ll try and fill them in.

I’m such an ER geek – I should never have been able to recall all of this stuff off the top of my head…LOL!

2Epcot
01-15-2007, 01:42 PM

On the last episode there is still tension going on between Ray, Neela, and Gates and their love triangle.

Sam decides she will date one of the male nurses in the ER. While he is at her apartment the son sets the place on fire.

Luka and Abby were fighting. Abby also found out a man she met in a bar is her father. Her father had been talking to Maggie (Abby's mom) about her progress and that's why he was in Chicago. Abby doesn't want to talk to him, goes home and finds Curtis Ames (Forrest Whittaker's character) sitting in her apartment.

Dr. Pratt is arrested for giving perscription drugs to a church to be handed out to needy people. Also Kerry Weaver left ER on Thursday, and said goodbye to everyone.

mtown71
01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks so much for getting me up to date! Can't wait to see this weeks episode now!

mtown71
01-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Anyone know if this week's episode was a repeat? (the 18th) I forgot to program my VCR! :mad: If it was new...what happened????

PirateLover
01-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Anyone know if this week's episode was a repeat? (the 18th) I forgot to program my VCR! :mad: If it was new...what happened????
Yes, it was. Well at least that is what my mom told me. I don't think they showed preview's last week either, which is usually a sign.

ldn324
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I looked at NBC's ER page and it listed the next episode as airing on February 1st. So this week no ER either :( .

Gotta hand it to the writers - they sure know how to write a cliffhanger!! You'd think the last episode was the end of the season!

Anyone hear rumors yet about next season? I haven't heard anything about the show not returning. I'm still in trauma from Friends ending, I can't imagine what I will do when ER finally ends. I'm pretty sure I will need group therapy... :drama:

ldn324
01-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Anyone else catch next week's ER preview? Looks like it will be an awesome fix to those cliffhangers. The final line is "someone has less than an hour to live". Wonder who?? I'm going to go ahead and put my five bucks on Ames. There's no way they would kill off a main character right after Kerry left...would they? Please please please tell me that won't happen! Other guesses would be either grandma or the "murse" Sam's dating - since they along with Ames aren't really regulars, it would make far more since killing them off. Figure if their name appears as a special guest, they aren't becoming part of the regular cast - like John Leguizamo - his name was always amongst the guest stars.

So for those of you who saw the preview, what are your thoughts?

PirateLover
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Haven't seen the preview yet, but ER has been enjoying a considerable ratings boost since John Stamos joined the cast. I don't think they'll be canceling it just yet. :thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
01-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow, I haven't seen the preview yet either, but it sounds very intriguing. Grey's Anatomy was quite good this week - 3 surprising things happening at the end!

What's with all the repeats the last 2 weeks. Not just ER, but a lot of other shows too. I find it very annoying. :mad:

i'm grumpy
01-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Wow, I haven't seen the preview yet either, but it sounds very intriguing. Grey's Anatomy was quite good this week - 3 surprising things happening at the end!

What's with all the repeats the last 2 weeks. Not just ER, but a lot of other shows too. I find it very annoying. :mad:

And even repeats from last season.

Carol
02-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Finally a new episode tonight. :wait:

ChipnDaleGal
02-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Finally a new episode tonight. :wait:

I'm scared to see what happens with Luka, Abby and the baby tonight. They better all come out of this okay.

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm scared to see what happens with Luka, Abby and the baby tonight. They better all come out of this okay.I'm hoping the same thing, Donna. With the preview for tonight's episode insinuating that someone is going to die, it makes me nervous. Since they just sent Weaver to Miami, I can't believe they would get rid of another regular cast member so soon. But you never know with this show!

ldn324
02-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm scared to see what happens with Luka, Abby and the baby tonight. They better all come out of this okay.

If they let anything bad happen to Luka, Abby or Joe, I will surely be sent to the sanitarium sometime during the night. Please, please, please let them all be happy and healthy!!

I mean, if somebody has to die, let it be the murse or grandma (sounds odd saying that!) - someone that's so new that we haven't gotten attached to them yet. Or maybe even Alex.... :thedolls: Yikes, I'm going to get it for saying that...<ducks head in shame>.

NotaGeek
02-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I totally agree! I am SO nervous for my favorites tonight! :confused:

Carol
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm sure it will be Ames. He only signed on to do a few episodes. They look like they're on a balcony. Luka can take him. After all Ames has that bum arm - remember. :boxing:

OR Tony's ex. She didn't look too well in the previews.

ldn324
02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
OR Tony's ex. She didn't look too well in the previews.

Yeah, that's right - I forgot about her.

I'm hoping it's Ames too though for two reasons. First, I just want Luka & Abby to be happy and second, his amazing performance will be an added boost for Forrest Whitaker's Oscar nomination. I'd love to see him get it - he's such a brilliant actor.

I'm actually nervous waiting for tonight's episode...

Carol
02-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Oh my. That was a difficult episode to watch.

Mickey'sGirl
02-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Oh my. That was a difficult episode to watch.
You said it. I had to flip the channel more than once. (The vice ahghhhh!). I actually feel stress watching ER, and need to take a year off every so often....I think my break is looming yet again! I keep watching to keep my eye on Luka :heart:

What will Sam do about Alex?

MNNHFLTX
02-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes, the episode certainly was gut-wrenching. I got tears in my eyes when Luka had his hand in that vice and Ames kicked his arm. :eek:

And poor Sam--how much more is she going to have to take? Let the poor woman have some happiness please!

ldn324
02-02-2007, 10:07 AM
WOW - that's all I can say about last night's episode.

Geez, I thought after Gates' ex died that would be it for the death thing, even though I had Ames in the back of my mind at that point. The writers did an amazing job of putting that episode together.

You know, last night was the reason I started watching ER in the first place. This season has been right up there at the top with how the show used to be. No special effects and fireworks - just a deep focus on the characters. If this episode, or Forrest Whitaker don't get an emmy nomination, it will be a shame.

ChipnDaleGal
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
With my mind I know that Forrest is just an actor, and an amazing one at that, but I don't think my heart will ever let me like him again. That episode was scarring to me, but I am so glad Luka made it out alive. If Abby ever doubted her feelings for him you could see on her face how much she loves him. Very powerful.

And I don't know if it was because I was so upset about the whole Luka thing, but I didn't even feel bad when Gates' ex died and her little girl was crying. I never warmed up to either character and all I could feel was annoyed that she was yelling at Neela. My compassion level was certainly out of whack for this show.

2Epcot
02-04-2007, 09:41 AM
You know, last night was the reason I started watching ER in the first place. This season has been right up there at the top with how the show used to be. No special effects and fireworks - just a deep focus on the characters. If this episode, or Forrest Whitaker don't get an emmy nomination, it will be a shame.

I agree ... I've watched ER since the first season. Some episodes are better then others, but always a good show. I'm sure Forrest Whittaker will get a guest star nomination. He did a great job with his character. One of the things I've always liked about ER is that it isn't always easy to watch ... which of course makes me keep watching week after week.

GreenBeetle
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Loved the new episode! But it was definitely a nail biter! I don't know why I continue to watch those difficult shows before bed. :(

I thought they would do a little more with the fire scene. I feel bad for wanting someone closer to Sam to die, but I really thought it would be Grandma or the male nurse. I wish Luka and Abby would get married already and be happy . . . she kept calling him her husband to the police!

I do have a question about Tony and the newly orphaned little girl. How can he be her father? Did I miss something in the storyline there?? Refresh my memory, please.

mickeysworld
02-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Another er-lifer, I've too have watched and loved every episode from the beginning of the show! The only thing I can think of is Tony must have had an affair with Sara's mom. Tony and Sara's mom's husband were best friends. After he died, he promised to look out after them.

GreenBeetle
02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Another er-lifer, I've too have watched and loved every episode from the beginning of the show! The only thing I can think of is Tony must have had an affair with Sara's mom. Tony and Sara's mom's husband were best friends. After he died, he promised to look out after them.

Interesting . . . I guess we'll learn more about the possible affair in future episodes. Do you think Tony and Neela will get together and raise her? Or will Neela dump him and go for Ray?? ;)

mickeysworld
02-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I hope she dumps him and finally gets together with Ray!

ldn324
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I hope she dumps him and finally gets together with Ray!
:ditto:
Ray's SO cute. Not that Gates isn't, but he has so much baggage, especially with this little girl now. I'm betting that the little girl will blame Neela for her mother dying and things will really take a turn when she finds out that Gates is her dad. Hopefully Ray won't give up on Neela just yet.

Funny thing is, I didn't like Ray when he first joined the cast. Now he's one of my favorites. Gates, however, has gotten on my nerves since day one. I think it's because he came in thinking he knew everything and that really irked the ER docs who have put in their time (like Pratt, etc.)

Wonder if they will bring back Abby's dad any time this season? That whole thing just ended so abruptly. Almost seems as if it's time for Sally Field to make another appearance too.

There are so many story lines going on with the show right now - I'm totally loving it! Something for everyone. The only regret I have from this year so far is that Kerry didn't have a bigger send off - a party or something like they did for Carter would have been nice since she devoted so much of her life to County.

MNNHFLTX
02-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Funny thing is, I didn't like Ray when he first joined the cast. Now he's one of my favorites. Gates, however, has gotten on my nerves since day one. I think it's because he came in thinking he knew everything and that really irked the ER docs who have put in their time (like Pratt, etc.)Those are my feelings too. Ray's character has kind of grown on me over time. I hope Neela eventually sees he's a diamond in the rough.

ChipnDaleGal
02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Ray has grown on me somewhat as time has gone by. But if I were Neela I would never pick him over Gates! :heart:

GreenBeetle
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I like Ray too and he hasn't really had a juicy storyline recently, so maybe Neela will see the light and dump Uncle Jesse . . . er, I mean Tony. ;) Unless there is some crucial turning point or event that will make Sara love Neela like a mother, she may be better off without them.

Not sure Sally Field could come back to visit since she has her own show now (Brothers & Sisters) - but you never know. :D

GreenBeetle
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I was a bit disappointed in last night's episode (2/8). I guess I got spoiled with all the action of the last few episodes - this one seemed boring. The comedian patient was actually getting on my nerves (sorry if that sounds mean :blush: ).

Without spoiling anything . . . I get the impression Neela is having second thoughts about Tony and all his baggage. Ray is looking better and better. :secret:

ldn324
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I was a bit disappointed in last night's episode (2/8). I guess I got spoiled with all the action of the last few episodes - this one seemed boring. The comedian patient was actually getting on my nerves (sorry if that sounds mean :blush: ).

Without spoiling anything . . . I get the impression Neela is having second thoughts about Tony and all his baggage. Ray is looking better and better. :secret:

I agree - the show was kind of...dare I also say boring...after the action we've had leading up to it. Given last week's previews, I thought something really drastic was going to happen but as it turns out, it was just Abby wanting to marry Luka. Good for them though because I've always been pulling for them to be together. I just thought it was going to be a bit more dynamic.

I felt bad for the comedian when I found out he was going to die. And it was touching how much he affected Abby. Fellow Six Feet Under fans - how did you think "Rico" a/k/a Freddy Rodriguez did in this role? I'm so used to seeing him as a mortician. It was refreshing to see him pop up on my favorite network drama as 6FU was my favorite cable drama :) .

Also, is it just me, or is Morris getting just a little more likeable? He's starting to actually be serious about treating his patients rather than just concentrating on being a jerk.

Neela, pick up the phone and call Ray!! Or better yet, go over to his apartment!! I kind of had a feeling last night that Gates was going to get to the whole "I just have too much on my hands right now" speech with Neela which was really going to make me angry that she wasted the time with him when she could be with Ray.

GreenBeetle
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Wonder if we'll see a big wedding for Luka/Abby/Joe. They haven't had a wedding on the show for years. I'm afraid Morris hasn't quite grown on me yet. Yes, he actually was a bit more "human" last night, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I like him yet. :)

How about Grey's Anatomy last night?? Now that was a good one!! :thumbsup:

DMApixie
02-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I laughed out loud when the surgeon said "Save the cheerleader...save the world" after performing surgery on the poor cheerleader. Nice tie-in!

ChipnDaleGal
02-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I felt bad for the comedian when I found out he was going to die. And it was touching how much he affected Abby. Fellow Six Feet Under fans - how did you think "Rico" a/k/a Freddy Rodriguez did in this role? I'm so used to seeing him as a mortician. It was refreshing to see him pop up on my favorite network drama as 6FU was my favorite cable drama :) .

I thought he was wonderful on ER last week. He also pops up on Scrubs as Carla's brother and is absolutely hilarious on there. He is good actor and I would love to see him get some big success.

ldn324
02-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I was really disappointed in Dr. Dubenko last night. He’s always been so…well…human and good. Neela was right to question the “selling” of human organs like that and he basically told her to overlook it since it was all for a good reason. Not at all in line with who I thought his character was. I used to like him. Now, I’m not so sure. :(

GreenBeetle
02-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, at least we got a teeny tiny glimpse (maybe ;) ) into Neela and Ray getting together. Tony has been getting all the girls since he was Uncle Jesse - give someone else a chance :D

GreenBeetle
02-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Beware!! Possible :spoiler: ahead.

I only saw the last 15 minutes of ER last night - watching Oprah's Oscar Special. Although I did see that special kiss at the end!! :woohoo:

Can someone give me the highlights? Specifically, where was Sam taking her kid? And how was that family saved by the young boy?

ldn324
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Beware!! Possible :spoiler: ahead.

I only saw the last 15 minutes of ER last night - watching Oprah's Oscar Special. Although I did see that special kiss at the end!! :woohoo:

Can someone give me the highlights? Specifically, where was Sam taking her kid? And how was that family saved by the young boy?

Unfortunately, I dozed off for about 15 minutes - 10:35-10:50 or so, but I caught most of the show. Sam was taking Alex to a school for "at risk" teens. She was going to leave him there and visit every couple of weeks or so. Glad to see her have the guts to walk away when he pleaded with her not to go. I think it will be best for him to be away from her and be some place that will instill the much needed discipline.

The young boy was the son of the family. After they were trapped in the blizzard and stuck in the car for a couple of days, the boy took off in search of help. I didn't catch the part where they found him.

YAY NEELA & RAY!!!! That kiss was a long time in the works!

KylesMom
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
They found the boy (whose family was stranded) by triangulating the position from his cell phone - his sister was sending him text messages & that's how they located him. Looks like they'll all be ok.:mickey:

GreenBeetle
02-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info! I feel much better now.

Red Randal
02-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Then, of course, was the storyline with Pratt and the dad who wanted to take the blame for his kid's gang shooting. But, then again, nobody really cares about that.

I'm glad I'm not the only Neela/Ray-shipper out there. Maybe it's just my undying love of Parminder Nagra.

NotaGeek
02-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey guys, we already have an ER thread going, so I am gonna merge this over with that thread to keep everything all neat and tidy... I was using 1 eye to type this because I haven't watched the episode yet!! :thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
02-24-2007, 09:57 AM
. . .I was using 1 eye to type this because I haven't watched the episode yet!! :thumbsup:

Uh-oh - glad I remembered to add the :spoiler: alert!

NotaGeek
02-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Ok, so I finally watched this week's episode. GREAT! I was really happy that Neela and Ray finally kissed. I have been pulling for them for a while, Ray just needed to grow up (like all guys!), but I must say, he was WAY hot when he was still into the band and party thing! I have been vocal about my love for Uncle Jesse, but he has too much baggage.

I can't wait to see what happens with the whole Abby & Luka wedding thing, knowing the people in the hospital it's gonna be funny when they finally announce the wedding.

I must say I was really touched with the story lin e of Sam deciding her son needed professional help, especially when that patiet had that whole issue with his son killing someone in a gang related shooting. ARGH. That whole realization that sometimes your kids need help before they get REALLY bad.

GreenBeetle
02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I think we've got a Neela and Ray Fan Club going here . . . sorry Uncle Jesse! :D

But did you all notice at the end of the episode the coming attractions said ER would be back in April!! What's up with that??

Carol
02-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I think we've got a Neela and Ray Fan Club going here . . . sorry Uncle Jesse! :D

But did you all notice at the end of the episode the coming attractions said ER would be back in April!! What's up with that??I know originally ER was slated to go on hiatus to give "The Black Donnelly's" the time slot. That doesn't look like it's happening since the new show is being aired on Mondays in the "Studio 60" slot. Maybe they'll switch it to Thursdays next week? :shrug:

mickeysworld
05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
OK, that ending was so completely, totally and utterly wrong! How could they do that to us?!?!

Caroleh
05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
OK, that ending was so completely, totally and utterly wrong! How could they do that to us?!?!

How true...they can't get rid of Ray. I'd rather see Tony(John Stamos) go.

Carol
05-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Why did they even bother having him jump out of way of the first truck?????????

:shake: !!

Niecyboo
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I've been addicted to ER since day one, and have often said I'd stop watching whenever one of my favorite characters was leaving, (Doug, Carol, Mark etc.) but I never did. Last night I think they finally did something that will make me break the habit for good.

ldn324
05-07-2007, 10:48 AM
The whole "Ray hit by a truck" thing really caught me off guard. I haven't had time lately to read up on other sites about possible spoilers, so I had no idea. Caroleh - I agree 100% - it should have been Gates in front of that truck, not Ray.

I like Neela, but seriously, how many people (note this past week's episode - not just guys!) can have a crush on her?? You'd think now after this that no one would come near her - first Gallant, now Ray - is she cursed or what??

Very appropriate setting for the Abby/Luka wedding though. Kinda quirky and not at all traditional - just like Abby would want. Doesn't it seems strange though that their only friends work in the ER? You'd think they'd have a neighbor or maybe another couple they hang out with from time to time that would have wanted to be at the wedding. It was touching how Abby and Luka asked Neela and Pratt to stand with them - I kinda got a little choked up.

ldn324
05-11-2007, 12:15 AM
OK, I never do this, but I fell asleep last night with 13 minutes to go. Could someone please let me know what I missed in those last minutes and what the previews for next week were?

I've heard the rumors about Ray and about Luka and Abby...I really hope they aren't true :( .

Thanks, guys!

Carol
05-11-2007, 07:47 AM
The last few minutes;

After talking to Pratt about the needs for ER patients and their care, Stanley Tucci calls Donald and says he's reconsidered and "will do it". (Love Stanley Tucci. :joy: )

We found out the female in the coma, that had the brain procedure, was actually pushed by her partner.

Sarah and Tony opt to remain together as 'family'.

Hope tells Archie she wants a relationship. Their wedding fling was more to her and she doesn't want it to end.

Luka gets a phone call and seems very concerned. We don't know what it is about since he is speaking Croatian - but you can tell he is upset.

Neela goes to Ray's and finds the apartment empty.

Previews for the season finale;

We see Luca in a taxi. Abby holding Joe. Tucci having a fit about the staff. Ray alert but bloody-faced in a hospital telling Nella he trusted her. We also see her leaning to kiss him.

At the end we see Tony pushing through a crowd screaming NEELA! all while suspenseful music and narration overlaps.

ldn324
05-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Oh PolyGirl40 - you are my hero!! Thank you so much for the wonderful recap. Who knew so much could happen in 13 minutes?!? Whatever happened to the physicist lady that the husband and friend were fighting over? Was she OK?

Now that this whole thing with Ray has caught me off guard, I've been doing some ER research. The news on the street is that not only Shane West, but Goran Visjnic (sp?) and Maura Tierney are all leaving the show! Don't know if that's true or not, but Kovac has some sort of family crisis in Croatia (hence his phone call last night) and has to go back. Not sure if Abby & Joe go with him or what. This almost sounds like a set up to get ready for the end of the show...??? :(

I know this makes me a total loser, but once ER goes off for good, I'll be at a loss for what to do with my Thursday nights. I had a hard enough time dealing with Friends ending...I've been with ER far longer than that. Man, reading that really makes me feel like a total geek :blush: .

Carol
05-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Ya know - I don't recall them showing her again after the third segment. :scratch:

Last I heard they were trying to negotiate a contract with Goran Visnjic to come back to do a few shows - sort of like they did with Dr. Carter. I don't know if he agreed or not. This storyline will give the writers an out either way. :unsure:

I thought I read that Maura renewed? I do know she wants to do film.

I'm not sure about Shane. :shrug:

wdwnomad
05-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't think Shane West is going to be back on ER. I read somewhere he was shooting a pilot for a new show over at Fox. Maybe if the pilot isn't picked up he could be back?

NotaGeek
05-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I seriously hope that Ray, Luca and Abby take note that pretty much everyone except George Clooney have been M.I.A. since their departures from ER. Even cute Dr. Carter didn't make it on the big screen. :shrug:

I have never understood why you would turn your back on HUGE amounts of money to shoot a weekly show in the dim hopes that Hollywood will pick you up for a movie ... HELLO? Oh well, I just love the show and have been around since episode 1. :)

NotaGeek
05-18-2007, 05:03 AM
RAY! :jaw: :eek: :eyes:

ldn324
05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
What happened was exactly what I had read. That's one beef I have with the writers - how when people leave the show, there is no big "to do", they just disappear. The ER staff were Ray's friends - why shouldn't they know what happened and why he isn't working there anymore? I'm sure they all cared about him. Ray didn't want sympathy - I can understand that - but you really underestimate your friends if you can't tell them something so devastating in your life, especially if you will never see them again.

I really feel bad for Neela. I don't know that other girl's name - I've never liked her, but that was heartless to say that to Neela. Yes, we all could have kicked her in the behind more than once to get her to pick up on Ray's attraction to her, but she didn't force Ray to get drunk that night and wander out into the street. SIGH - oh well, I hope they don't just stick her back with Tony now that he's without luggage and really thinks he needs Neela.

Terribly disappointed sendoff for Luka too. He's been on the show for how many years? And all we can do is say goodbye as he drives away in a taxi?? I know he's supposed to make a couple of cameos next season - hopefully one will be the huge goodbye party that no one ever gets.

I'm watching last night and thinking to myself - Ray, Luka and next year Abby all gone. Who's really left - Pratt is OK, Morris - he's gotten better, Sam - still annoying, Gates & Neela (should we go with "Nates" or "Geela"?) and Stanley Tucci. I'm sensing an end to the series in the near future. I have doubts if that cast can pull it off. I hope I'm wrong because I really don't want it to end :( .

DisneyAggies
05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Poor Ray!! :(

I just had to stop in here 'cause I know there's an ER thread...

I too have the feeling that this next season will be the last. I mean, after how many years now?? I don't even know--I just know I started watching it from the beginning, and I was in HIGH SCHOOL!! (what is it--13 years??) That's a good run. I think if Abby and Luka leave that'll be it for me. Gates just drives me batty...he's SOOOOO needy! I wish he would leave Neela alone.

I think the only thing that will bring ER back after next year will be the NBC execs inability to come up with something to take its place.

NotaGeek
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Everyone thought it was the end of ER when George Clooney left, and when Mark was killed off, and when Dr, Carter left, but the show survived. I think that when people decide to leave the show the writers take that opportunity to show that no 1 or 2 characters really run the emotion of the show. ER has been this crazy machine for NBC. We've gone through a million story lines, love triangles, diseases, bombs, helicopter accidents, alternative lifestyles, murders and everyone comes back because watching ER gives you that glimpse of "real" life. The writers do a good job to make you realize that although all these people work together, their outside lives don't mingle that much away from the ER. WE as the audience see their personal lives, but just like we feel at our own workplaces everyday, people go home and it's a different world altogether.

The story always changes, the characters come and go, but the environment is SO action packed and interesting the show continues. I hope the show stays around, and now that a gang-buster Stanley Tucci is on for a while, WOW. He's always been one of my favorite actors.

MNNHFLTX
05-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I would be sad to see some of my favorites on the show leave, especially Goran Visnjic. But the writing and production are still first-class and I believe ER could go on for quite a while yet. I actually think they've done a good job of introducing new characters over the last couple of years that will keep viewers interested, like Stanley Tucci as the new head of the ER. He was great in "3 lbs" last Fall and I was so disappointed when it was cancelled. He is going to be keep everyone in the ER hopping next season!

2Epcot
05-21-2007, 02:45 PM
ER has been this crazy machine for NBC. The story always changes, the characters come and go, but the environment is SO action packed and interesting the show continues. I hope the show stays around, and now that a gang-buster Stanley Tucci is on for a while, WOW. He's always been one of my favorite actors.

I would be sad to see some of my favorites on the show leave, especially Goran Visnjic. But the writing and production are still first-class and I believe ER could go on for quite a while yet. everyone in the ER hopping next season!

I agree. I've watched ER since season one, and the show always delivers. I liked the season finale. ER does a very good job introducing new characters that are very interesting, and who still makes you want to watch. It is sad to see some people go, but the quality of the show always stays the same. I think Stanley Tucci is a great addition to the show, and follows in the footsteps of wonderful characters like Laura Innes', Dr. Kerry Weaver and Paul McCrane's, Dr. Robert Romano

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I would be sad to see some of my favorites on the show leave, especially Goran Visnjic. But the writing and production are still first-class and I believe ER could go on for quite a while yet. I actually think they've done a good job of introducing new characters over the last couple of years that will keep viewers interested, like Stanley Tucci as the new head of the ER. He was great in "3 lbs" last Fall and I was so disappointed when it was cancelled. He is going to be keep everyone in the ER hopping next season!

I really liked "3 lbs" too Beth. I think Stanley Tucci is a great addition as well. He is a marvelous actor. His character seems overbearing at this point, but in favor of patient care, so I think he will be a good guy.

I am very sad that Goran is leaving the show. He is my all time favorite ER character and I just love him with Abby. I am so glad that they didn't kill him off. I will miss seeing that beautiful face and hearing that accent every week, but I have faith that the show will still be great. I have watched from the beginning and a lot of wonderful actors/charcacters have come and gone in all those years. This show is so well written that I still find it as compelling now as when it began. I would have a huge hole in my Thursday night TV ritual if it were cancelled.

ldn324
05-22-2007, 11:54 AM
I can't imagine life without ER. I've been with the show since the first episode. There was a period when the show did "jump the shark" (the helicopter double whammy), but ER did something not many other shows can say they did - they overcame and actually UNjumped the shark over the past couple of seasons.

The storyline and character development has been so strong over the last 4 years or so and I think that's the reason for ER's staying power. Stanley Tucci will definitely bring that same integrity to his role. I was siding with him last week - it seemed to me like the staff were just being stubborn and set in their ways. What he's proposing is the way an ER should be run. It's refreshing to see someone in authority who is actually right about something for a change :thumbsup:

Here's to many more years of ER!! One of the originals of "must see TV".

MNNHFLTX
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Stanley Tucci will definitely bring that same integrity to his role. I was siding with him last week - it seemed to me like the staff were just being stubborn and set in their ways. What he's proposing is the way an ER should be run. It's refreshing to see someone in authority who is actually right about something for a change :thumbsup: IMO, that is one huge reason why this show works so well--in many ways, it is a true representation of a hospital emergency room. When Dr. Moretti stated during their staff meeting that that woman died because she waited five hours in the waiting area and the ER staff looked at each other in puzzlement and said "That's not too bad"--that is reality, unfortunately. I will be very interested to see what else he has up his sleeve for next season.