PDA

View Full Version : espn the weekend

busterthebronco
12-30-2006, 07:51 PM
has anyone been there for espn the weekend?
is it neat or what?

Tonytheplumber
12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Yes we enjoy it but get there early as there staff is clueless as how to run the place there is always a line to get in and almost always only 2/3rds of the tables are filled, the hostess setup is terrible, as well as most of the servers they have too many tables. The bar works best for the best service :cheers:

Beast_fanatic
12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Here's a prior post on ESPN, the weekend (as opposed to ESPN club):

We were at the first ESPN the Weekend - lots of fun!
We were at the BC for that week, and we wound up seeing a ton of sport's celebs. Not really a big deal, but they were everywhere.
The action takes place in MGM - all of it. They broadcast live shows on ESPN from underneath that obnoxious blue hat... ;)
One thing that did get us was the "front of the line access" for all (and I mean ALL) those sports types from ESPN!!! :mad: :mad:
All in all, we didn't find that the weekend affected the crowd level too much; it did clog up the central area of MGM, though!
And if you're an autograph seeker, I'd recommend the BC/YC/BW area - that's where most of the men/women from ESPN and the pro sports were staying.
Have fun! Give my regards to Dan Patrick. :mickey:

And, here's some information on the 2007 event:

ESPN and Walt Disney World Resort will team up to offer fans the opportunity to see and hear ESPN personalities and legendary athletes during the fourth annual ESPN The Weekend, March 2-4, at Disney-MGM Studios. The weekend will feature on-site ESPN telecasts, star motorcades and Q&A sessions featuring athletes and ESPN personalities plus sports shows in the ESPN Theater with ESPN commentators and athletes and interactive sports activities. The fun is included with regular admission to the theme park.

Funforall
02-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Can I guess from the previous post that there aren't any specific autograph signings? We were really hoping to get a Disney poster and get it signed by as many of the athletes as we could find. We thought about getting balls signed, but that felt like a really bad idea.

Thanks for the help.