PDA

View Full Version : Eragon

Toughbug
11-22-2006, 08:58 PM
I saw a traler for Eragon a few days ago. It looks awsome.

But it's rediclous. It doesn't have a rating and there are 23 days until it is realsed. I remember the same thing happening with Narnia. Does any one else want to see it? If so please respond!

For those following the countdown: Posted Nov 22, 2006

Rekced
11-23-2006, 12:16 AM
I saw one trailer for it and thought it looked really good. I plan on seeing it when it comes out. I love a good fantasy book or movie.

Jeff
11-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I liked the books and will certainly go see the movie. The trailer did look incredible. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
11-23-2006, 08:58 PM
My son certainly intends on seeing it--he's read all of the books (which were certainly impressive, given the young age of the author).

The movie's been delayed in release at least a couple of times, due to production issues, and they may even be pushing it a bit to get it out now in time for the holiday season. But if they are true to the book, it should be a good movie.

Toughbug
11-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Were at 21 of days, until it comes Eragon comes out and still no rating. :mad: It's gotta happen eventually and most likely will be rated PG-13. The video game is rated T for teen. The video game came out on Nov.14 I think. Usually that will tell the rating.

The same thing happened with Narnia. But, while the movie was PG, the video game recieved a T rating

For those who have seen a trailer, but have no idea who's in it, here's a cast list.

Ed Spleers- Eragon
Jeremy Irons- Brom
Sienna Guillory- Arya
Robert Carlyle- Durza
John Malkovich- Galbitorix
Djimon Hounsou- Ajihad
Garret Hedlund- Murtagh
Gary Lewis- Hrothgar
Rachel Weisz- Voice of Saphira
Joss Stone- Angela
Chris Egan- Roran
Tamsin Egerton- Katrina
Ralph Brown- The Dawrf Twins
Caroline Chikezine- Nasuadia

And here's more, I saw a title on IMDb(the International Movie Database?) of a discussion board that mentioned something that might upset some
fans.It said that Jeod (Brom's friend) and Teirm aren't in the film! :mad:

Followers of the countdown : Posted Nov.24

Toughbug
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
People don't stop posting. I woule like to keep this open for at least until it comes out in 17 days. Feel free to post thoughts, comments and other things.

Countdown date: November 28,2006

Toughbug
12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Today December 1, 2006 Eragon was rated. The rating it recieved was PG.

NotaGeek
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Evidently I was living under a rock until last night... I just saw the 1st trailer for it and MAN this movie looks great! I wonder what they had to cut to get that PG rating! I am really looking forward to this movie!

Toughbug
12-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Sorry about the long time without posting, but now i posting this on Dec 10, 2006 to state that threr are five more days until Eragon comes out

LarryBoy
12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm definately looking forward tp this movie. I just finished reading Eragon and I'm about to start Eldest. I really enjoyed the book. It looks like they are adding some to the movie or taking stuff from the second book. Some of the characters in the movie aren't even really in the first book. Hopefully they'll stay true to the book and it will be a great movie!

Toughbug
12-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Eldest was awsome. More Acaient Language and magic. It will make a good movie, if Eragon does well. I've been trying to get, Eragon, Eldest, Intertance, and Trilogy added to the VMK Dictionary.

And Eragon is finally out!

Crow
12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
i know my nephew is interested in it. i bought him the game for Christmas and may take him to see it. I think it would b the type of thing i would enjoy also

Toughbug
12-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I (finally) saw Eragon on Dec. 21 and thought it was great. Some whole scenes, characters, and ideas were cut.

I will posted a list of cut chaecters below.

Cut Characters: Katrina, the Twins

And since things were cut, so were things added.
Overall, the movie was a good movie.

It also featured a trailer for Epic Movie, a soopf on a group of movie. It's kind of like the Scary Movies. It was from Two of the Six writers of Scary Movie and looks pretty funny

Melanie
12-31-2006, 05:28 AM
I saw this moviey today with my 8 year old son and his 9 year old friend. I really liked it, and they loved it. Right down their alley. We're looking forward to a sequel. :thumbsup:

Crow
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
it wasnt too bad. left room open for the sequel. the nephews liked it

NotaGeek
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I really liked this movie! WOO HOO!

Kind of goofy, but I am a sucker for dragons, magic and stuff.

tyandskyesmom
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok, we missed Eragon at the theatre but we bought it as soon as it cam out and I have to say after reading the books I was very disappointed. Maybe if I hadn't read the book I would have loved it and then been convinced to read the book and I would have liked the mivie better that way but I was just left disappointed. I felt they changed and/or left out a lot. Now, I know it had to be cut or it would have been a mini-series length movie but if they could not figure out how to do it, maybe it was better to leave it alone.

I really loved the books and am anticipation greading the third one but I was just really disappointed in the movie.

DizneyFreak2002
03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I started watching the DVD last night and shut it off... I will pick up and watch the rest of it tonight... So far, I find it a little boring....

caryrae
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Ok, we missed Eragon at the theatre but we bought it as soon as it cam out and I have to say after reading the books I was very disappointed. Maybe if I hadn't read the book I would have loved it and then been convinced to read the book and I would have liked the mivie better that way but I was just left disappointed. I felt they changed and/or left out a lot. Now, I know it had to be cut or it would have been a mini-series length movie but if they could not figure out how to do it, maybe it was better to leave it alone.

I really loved the books and am anticipation greading the third one but I was just really disappointed in the movie.

Someone I work with said pretty much what you said. He read the books and was very dissapointed with the movie. He said it was very diferent then the book. Obviously there will be a sequel, hopefully they will do a better job for the people who read the books. Maybe Peter Jackson should have directed it he did a great job with Lord of the Rings trilogy.

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Finished watching it last night and was not too impressed... The movie was just OK to me....