PDA

View Full Version : Landry’s Yak & Yeti Dining Complex: Updated with Menu, Reservation info and Details

Figment!
11-15-2006, 01:57 PM
11/8/2007

The following announcement has been released regarding the new menu and pricing:
Yak & Yeti offers great food and good-spirited family fun. You’ll indulge yourself with some of Asia’s most tasty offerings. You’ll also find a wide array of unique artifacts rich with the history of our land. Our proprietor and his family have traveled all over Southeast Asia collecting unique, unusual and exotic souvenirs. Yak & Yeti is situated at the base of Mt. Everest in the small town of Anandapur. The sights, sounds and energy in our village are a beacon for the villagers and tourists eager to meet, barter, eat and socialize as they move through their day. It is a place for both the familiar and the exotic, a place for family and friends, tourists, and above all, a place to immerse yourself in a culture that is exciting, exotic and mysterious.

HOURS:
Lunch - 10 am - 3:45 pm
Dinner - 4:00pm to varies with park closing

(All menus and pricing subject to change without notice)

Appetizers start at $6.99
Entrees start at $13.99
Desserts start at $5.99

Menu includes:

Steamed Mussels, Egg Rolls, Chicken Fried Rice, Pot Stickers, Crispy Honey Chicken, Sweet & Sour Pork, Kong Pau Beef, Shrimp Lo Mein, Maple Tamarind Chicken, Mandarin Chicken Salad, Baby Back Ribs, Duck, and Cream Cheese Wontons with Grilled Pineapple.

Kid's Menu start at $7.49

Children's Menu: Chicken Bites, Chicken Fried Rice with an Egg Roll, Burgers and Vegetable Lo Mein.
Advanced Dining Reservations will open on December 3, 2007 for January 4, 2008 and beyond, up-to 180 Days in Advance.

The Restaurant will offer seatings per Walk-up only from November 14, 2007 through January 3, 2008.

The Cafe is scheduled to start full operation November 14, 2007.

The Restaurant will participate in all Disney Dining Plans starting January 1, 2008.

The participation of the Cafe in the Disney Dining Plan program has yet to be announced.

Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members can receive a 10% discount on adult entrees at the Restaurant and a 15% discount on non-sale items at the Retail location. Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members can apply the discounts to themselves and up to 3 guests.

11/6/07

The job add apparently listed the Counter Service name incorrectly. The "Market" section of the complex is the retail section, the "Cafe" section is the Counter Service section.

10/22/07

A past job ad for the new dining complex has revealed the moniker distinction between the Table Serve and Counter Service portions of the Yak & Yeti:
Ever imagine yourself trekking the Himalayan Mountains? Your passage can begin as part of the management team of Yak & Yeti Restaurant and Yak & Yeti Market @ Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park! Assumedly, the "Restaurant" will be the 250 seat Table Service location and the "Market" will be the 350 seat Counter Service location.

9/13/07

Dining Cast have reported that a November 14, 2007 opening date has been set for the Yak and Yeti.

7/19/07

The opening date has been pushed back to November 2007 and a few other details have been released.
This November, guests who travel to the land of Asia in Disney's Animal Kingdom will get a real taste of that exotic part of the world with Yak & Yeti Restaurant. Inspired by the western Himalayan foothills in India and Nepal, this Asian-fusion establishment will offer table-service dining and a full-service bar, as well as quick-service food and beer-garden options, and retail offerings from Pan-Asia ranging from silk purses, incense and saris to fine teapots. It will seat 250 inside for table-service dining and 350 in a quick-service courtyard.

4/24/07

Dining Cast have reported that the Yak & Yeti Restaurant is tentatively scheduled to open Early October 2007.

4/5/07

Construction is progressing on the future location of Landry's next Disney Dining Location. The First sign of the Yak & Yeti buildings (or at least facades) have started to peak up behind the construction walls. Despite this visible progress, the opening date has yet to be officially specified from "2007".

2/22/07

Landry’s Asia project at Disney’s Animal Kingdom appears to have settled on a name. Construction walls around the future site now bear a sign for the “Yak & Yeti Restaurant” Below the sign “Opening 2007” has been added to the wall, actually de-specifying the locations projected opening date. It had been previously announced as Summer 2007, but with construction delays a Fall 2007 date is more likely.

12/8/06

The name of the location may still be up in the air.

Recent non-promotional paperwork has listed the location as "Yak & Yeti" Restaurant.

The promotional material below with the "Ying & Yak" nomenclature could have be preliminary, or the above nomenclature could be a project title.

At this time, it is not clear either way ...

11/15/06

Thanks to the release of concept art, Landry's new table service location at the Animal Kingdom is now known to be called The Ying & Yak.

It appears the complex will be comprised of a Table Service location and four individual Quick Service counters.

An earlier released opening date is July 2007, however this was issued before construction was delayed.

Below is the released art and its released descritption:

Ying & Yak, a sprawling Asian-themed concept featuring full- and limited-service dining, is the product of Golden Valley, Minn.-based Schussler Creative. It is scheduled to open in Disney World's Animal Kingdom in the summer of 2007.

mamacon67
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Landry's will also be opening a T-Rex themed restaurant in DTD as well. This is slated to open early 2008. Here is Landry's Corporate press release (http://landrysrestaurants.com/pdf/pressreleases/press_20060227.pdf) . Both concepts sound like awesome additions.

Thanks for the update Jason.

GrumpyFan
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Hmmm, sounds interesting. I wonder if they will be included on DDP. My guess would be NO, since their other restaurants (Rainforest) are not.

Figment!
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
For those unaware, background info on both of Landry's projects can be found in:

New Restaurants for DTD and Animal Kingdom (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=63606)

**Please Note this link is being provided for reference means only, please keep all replies to this thread**

Jeremy
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
That looks and sounds neat.

Thanks for the post. :thumbsup:

The Funbunch
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
I hope it is included on DDP. It sounds like it is going to be a great addition to AK.

DizneyFreak2002
11-15-2006, 07:01 PM
The Ying and Yak? Does anyone think the name is not too good?? Think about it.. YAK :ack: ... is that a word you really want associated with your restaurant? LOL.

PECOS BILL
11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Yak is a Llama of Asia. Come on everyone knows that.
I think the name is O.K. Still a long way off though. So who knows what the finalized name will be.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
I can't wait for this addition to AK. I heard somewhere that we will be able to get take out as well here. Does anyone know if this is true? :mickey:

jedigrrrl
11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
We're still SUPER upset that our favorite counter service restaurant in all the world was closed for this. This new place better have dumplings!!!

Figment!
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I can't wait for this addition to AK. I heard somewhere that we will be able to get take out as well here. Does anyone know if this is true? :mickey:The concept art shows 4 individual quick service counters (marked as qsr) and the release mentions limited service dining--so in short, yes.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Very Cool - how exciting. Thank you Jason! :mickey:

joelkfla
11-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Yak is a Llama of Asia. Come on everyone knows that.
No, it's an ox. Sort of like a water buffalo.

TikiGoddess
11-19-2006, 07:52 PM
I know what a yak is, but I still think it's a poor choice for a restaurant name. :ack:

TikiG

MickeysDad
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Its smaller than a Water Buffalo, but in the same Cow family

WEDTOPIA
11-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Wouldn't T-Rex be a better fit in Dinoland ?

Dsnygirl
11-27-2006, 06:59 AM
The Ying and Yak? Does anyone think the name is not too good?? Think about it.. YAK :ack: ... is that a word you really want associated with your restaurant? LOL.

:funny: ... I happen to agree... that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the name, too - (even knowing what a yak is!! ) In today's English language, we don't often speak of yaks... but we do often use the word to describe :ack: !!

That being said, like anything else, once you get accustomed to a name, and what it represents, you forget about what you may have first thought.... when we lived in NH, we lived off Spit Brook Road... if that isn't the grossest name, Idon't know what is... but you know - after a few years - it was just a name, and the association was gone!! ;)

So - if the food is good, no one will really end up caring about the name in the end!! :)

Bethanymouse
11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Sounds interesting......I am not a fan of the name either but hopefully the food is good! Thanks for the info Jason!

Figment!
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Updated 12/8/06

See first post.

BrerSchultzy
12-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Wow. The Yakkin' Yeti doesn't sound much better than Ying & Yak, does it? :thedolls:

faline
12-08-2006, 03:46 PM
There is a real need for table service restaurants in this park! I'm glad to see at least one (I'm not counting Rainforest as it is outside the gates).

goofy for pluto
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Wow. The Yakkin' Yeti doesn't sound much better than Ying & Yak, does it? :thedolls:
Too funny!

My DS said they should name the restaurant Ralphs Yak!
but Yak'n Yetti sounds pretty funny too! :D

big blue and hairy
12-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Wow. The Yakkin' Yeti doesn't sound much better than Ying & Yak, does it? :thedolls: :faint:
Ok....you're just not right.....FUNNY..... :funny: ...but definitely not right....

:sulley:

asrai555
12-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I know what a yak is. And I know what TO yak is. I am not a fan of the name AT all. it makes me wonder if they will paint it blue (for those of you not familiar with interior design - you almost NEVER paint a restaurant blue.)

angedeaile
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I think Disney is doing a HORRIBLE job at keeping us updated on the official opening date.

You would think if it was still planned to open sometime this year, they would inform us so we can make ADRs, atleast 180 days before the date...

It is nice to hear that they are providing us a new dining location, but I am pretty sure it won't be on the DDP plan...since it is owned by Landry.

SO part of me is excited for something new and another part is disappointed at AK options while on the DDP.

Cinderelley
04-17-2007, 03:02 AM
I know what a yak is. And I know what TO yak is. I am not a fan of the name AT all. it makes me wonder if they will paint it blue (for those of you not familiar with interior design - you almost NEVER paint a restaurant blue.)

Okay, I have to ask. Why wouldn't you paint a restaurant blue?

Figment!
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
**Update**

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Okay, I have to ask. Why wouldn't you paint a restaurant blue?

I'm almost positive it's due to the fact that certain colors (like blue and green) promote relaxation and lack of appetite, whereas other colors (like earth tones and red and yellow) tend to make us more hungry. Take a look at most restaurant signs and there's very few that aren't at least some shade of red. The only restaurant with a (predominantly) blue sign I can think of off the top of my head is Long John Silvers and they're switching more to a different color scheme these days.

Also, when do you think they're going to start accepting ADRs for this? I'm planning on going over (college) spring break and would love to try this place.

Ed
09-22-2007, 06:30 PM
We were at AK on Thursday, and were watching some artists doing some of the decorative work on the exterior. The place is looking very good, and fitting right in with the theme of the area.

Interesting that they picked November 14th. That's the same date that the Orlando IKEA store is opening. (Apparently nobody told IKEA, which includes a few restaurants inside the store, about the blue paint job being a no-no. ;) )

Figment!
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
**Update**

WDWdriver
11-07-2007, 11:14 AM
The Yak & Yeti will open as scheduled on Wednesday, November 14th. There will be no soft opening, but area cast members will be eating a free lunch there on Monday and Tuesday as the restaurant staff gets up to speed.

For those still wondering where the name comes from, get out your city guide map to Kathmandu, the capitol city of Nepal. Look there for the Hotel Yak & Yeti, a deluxe hotel built in the mid-1970s on the grounds of a 100 year old palace. The hotel is a showcase for the cultural heritage of the area, and features a spectacular view of the Himalayas. Just as Disney's Yak & Yeti offers a spectacular view of the Forbidden Mountain, home of Expedition Everest.

Ed
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Ron, have you seen a menu or gotten any scuttlebutt about it?

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Are they taking ADRs for this yet?

WDWdriver
11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Ron, have you seen a menu or gotten any scuttlebutt about it?

Haven't seen a menu yet, Ed. But I understand it will have an Asian theme. The Y & Y opening team has been sharing our break room at Kali until theirs is ready. They have been coming in at lunchtime with oriental restaurant style carryout containers filled with egg rolls and noodle dishes. They didn't offer to share, but it smells great. Makes my peanut butter sandwiches look pretty bad.

I have heard they are not taking ADR's yet. No word among the cast as to when they will start.

Terk24
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Todays news: Ressies opening up on Dec. 3 for seatings opening Jan 4. Walk=ups will be available before that, but no reserverations accepted.

Red Randal
11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I haven't seen it posted here yet but another (reputable) website is reporting (what appears to be straight from a Disney press release) the menu and hours.

Strangely, they list dinner as 4pm to park close. Since I'm pretty sure Animal Kingdom closes at 5 or 6 all the time, people better make sure to get those ADR's in. There's going to be, like, one seating a night.

If anything, maybe a late ADR will give folks a chance to see AK lit up at night. (How early does the sun go down in Orlando this time of year? It's dark by 5 here, but we're surrounded by mountains.)

Figment!
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen it posted here yet ... All information that has been released has been updated to the first post of this thread. :thumbsup:

Jared
11-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Finally, confirmation this restaurant will ever actually open. Is the posted menu for the table service portion? I thought Yak & Yeti will also have a counter service section.

Anyway, thanks for the update, Jason. I love Asian food, so I'm excited for the initial reviews.

LebelJD
11-11-2007, 10:30 PM
We inquired at Guest Services at AK yesterday, and were told what has already been reported here; walk ups will start on 11/14. They also had some details about what will be on the menu, but nothing we could print and bring along. We will be trying to eat there before we leave on 11/17. We also heard (from a cast member) there will be a soft opening for Tusker House, starting on 11/15.

CandleontheWater
11-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Sounds great! I'm definately going to give it a shot next Monday for a CS lunch, so I'll report back when I'm back from Thanksgiving.

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Ed
11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
"Yak & Yeti offers great food and good-spirited family fun. Indulge with some of Asia’s most tasty offerings. Located in the village of Anandapur (Asia at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park), Yak & Yeti contains a table service location and a quick service location (called Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe). Both locations are now open daily. However, the table service location is only accepting walk-ups through January 3, 2008. Reservations can be made starting December 3, 2007 for arrivals January 4, 2008 and beyond."

Red Randal
11-15-2007, 09:58 AM

Haha. Has anyone seen the interior photos? A number of the walls are, in fact, painted blue.