PDA

View Full Version : Accomodations & ticket questions...

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
:mickey: Although this may be a bit premature to ask, is there a possibility of any packages being put together for Intercotees for this weekend, through MJ? I realize it may all depend on how many people are planning to be there - hopefully LOTS!! :party: - but just wanted to "throw it out there" and see if it was even on the radar. :D You know how all of us planners like info... :blush:

Tink1
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
We have been batting around that idea, but......

If we blook into group space the cancel and change policy, plus the payment policy is different. And onece those rates are set, we cannot apply any future discounts to the room. So its a Catch 22 situation.

I will glady check and see what group rates are for that time though if enough people are interested in it.

What resort would be the "home" resort though? (which is another predicament LOL)

Nanc

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
We have been batting around that idea, but......

If we blook into group space the cancel and change policy, plus the payment policy is different. And onece those rates are set, we cannot apply any future discounts to the room. So its a Catch 22 situation.

I will glady check and see what group rates are for that time though if enough people are interested in it.

What resort would be the "home" resort though? (which is another predicament LOL)

Nanc

Hmmm.... are group rates usually better than the discounts Disney puts out for a certain season, or does it completely depend on how booked Disney is for them to put out a discount?? I don't know what their "traditional" fall discounts look like, if there are any.

As far as a "home" resort, boy - that could get interesting... I know I would vote for one of the moderates, so that everyone would feel like the pricing was sort of "middle of the road"... not the highest resorts, not the lowest... (our personal favorite is CBR, but wouldn't truly matter that much) But I know that people who favor the deluxe resorts like WL and AKL really favor them, and might not want to stay anywhere else...

I know, for us, we're tossing around the idea of extending our trip before and after the celebration... so, if we're committed to CBR, we certainly could do it around the anniv. party, and stay at the "home" resort during it, if necessary...

Hopefully, enough people will be interested to at least give it a shot - I'd be curious to know what the rates would be, at least! :thumbsup:

Tink1
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Usually group rates are not lower than promo rates, but on occasion have been in some of the upper categories.

Nanc

tink4me
10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
If possible I would be interested to at least see and go from there based on historical discounts. Any way to save money at Disney is a big plus in my book!

Not2Loud
03-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Don't know if it will help anyone else, but I just booked our flights for Oct 11th-Oct 14th from ATL to MCO, and got a rate of $165 or so with all the taxes. Lowest I found on others was $300+.

See everyone there!

Tink&Goofy
03-13-2007, 10:36 PM
So what are the chances of a promo rate of some kind? Historically, have they offered any room discounts this time of year?
I'm toying with the idea of surprising my DH with a short weekend trip - WITHOUT the kids! We have used all our DVC points, and would LOVE a chance to try one of the other Deluxe resorts - maybe the Poly???

What the chances of a rate promo?