PDA

View Full Version : INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Party - Oct 12-14, 2007 - Plan Now!

Dsnygirl
10-14-2006, 01:58 PM
:mickey: Just wondering who else out there is waiting to hear what gets announced for Intercot's 10th anniversary?? :clappy: We'd been thinking of a trip around Christmas next year, but once I realized over the summer that the 10th anniv. was going to be coming up, I started to change my tune and now I'm trying to prime my DH to get excited about maybe going next October... :woohoo: We've got other vacation stuff "out there", so we'll have to wait and see, but boy - it will be hard to not want to book a trip - even just for me!! :D - once the info comes out!!

Who else is thinking about it?? :dance:

Donalds Duckie
10-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Dsnygirl, I'm in the same boat! I am already booked at Poly Concierge for Dec. 8-15, 2007. (Dec. is my favorite time to visit WDW and it's value season on top of it! :mickey: :cloud9: )

Now, I'm torn between keeping my original plans for Dec. 2007 and changing to Oct. 2007 for Intercot's 10th birthday. :party: Going Oct. '07 would get me there a couple months early :thumbsup: and I'd be able to join in the festivities and celebration for Intercot's 10th, BUT I would be paying regular season room rate instead of value rate and I would miss everything Christmas at WDW (MVMCP, CP, Osborne Lights, Resort Decorations, etc.). :(

I would have MJ check availability and rate difference (value vs. regular) but I have no clue what dates John Y. will select for the celebration. I realize Intercot's 10th is on Oct. 12, 2007 but the celebration could be 7 days with the 10/12 in the middle, 7 days ending on 10/12, or 7 days beginning on 10/12?????? :confused:

My guess is people will want to start making new plans or changing plans soon so I'm hoping the information starts coming forth soon. :mickey:

Kisobel
10-14-2006, 03:52 PM
we are booked for oct 16-23, would be nice if that worked out.

kate

Dsnygirl
10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
we are booked for oct 16-23, would be nice if that worked out.

kate

I am SO crossing my fingers for you... :fingers: ... plus, it would be cool if we could meet up!! :D

amd780
10-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I just may have to plan a second (but short!) trip to WDW in October so I can attend this celebration. :party:

I should probably start convincing DH now! :crazy: :D

DisneyAggies
10-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Hmm...that's a great question. Oct. 12 falls on a Friday next year. It'd be great to know in advance so plans can be made. Maybe the great JohnY will let us know soon...

:mickey:

Donalds Duckie
10-14-2006, 11:31 PM
It would be great to know for planning purposes since it is officially less than 1 year away now. Will it be a full week of celebrations or just the weekend of 10/12?? It's impossible to plan the unknown. :confused: All I know is I definitely have a room at The Poly Dec. 8-15, 2007 so I'm happy with that. :cloud9:

Carol
10-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Hang on folks. You've still got lots of time. :thumbsup:

Will it be a full week of celebrations or just the weekend Typically the group events fall Fri-Sun. We'll be nailing down dates very soon. The actually events will take much longer to plan.

In the meantime; Feel free to toss out event ideas!

John
10-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Friday October 12 thru Sunday October 14th it is.

Details to be announced at a later date but typically include at least 3 events per day Morning, Lunch and Evening - along with one big blowout on Saturday nite that we charge a small fee to cover costs (in addition to your regular park admission).

So, plan away - we'll be there.

Iago
10-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I, too, am looking forward to finding out the details. I've not been able to attend the previous INTERCOT parties due to scheduling conflicts at work. Sometimes, being the lone guy in the business office at my firm has its drawbacks!

As Carol stated above the events usually happen over a weekend. If everything begins on October 12, and ends on the 14th, I can still make it home in time to process payroll (the only time the office really appreciates me being around! :laughing: ).

How exciting! The thread was updated while I wrote my post! See everyone there!

BethieTink
10-15-2006, 12:08 PM
We already had a trip planned for the 5-15th, so this is perfect. Our 5th anniversary is the 12th, so it must be a very special day indeed. Can't wait to see everyone!! :thumbsup:

dlpmikki
10-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Woo Hoo! :number1: Thanks John - time to get a trip booked! :D

Tink1
10-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I am there!!!!!

Along with any of the lovely and witty Magical Journey Agents that can make it.

We look forward to meeting y'all face to face and sharing a cuppa whatever your drinking (and hopefully it is diet Pepsi)

Let the countdown begin!

Nanc

ElenitaB
10-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Woo hoo! I'm planning on being there! (Now let's see... Oct 12 minus 11 months! Hehehehe)

Mickey'sGirl
10-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Great! This is the week following Thanksgiving here in Canada -- a great time to travel! We hope to be there too!! :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
10-15-2006, 02:41 PM
WooHoo!!! Thanks so much John Y!!! All I needed was the dates. I'm there. :mickey:

Hummmmm, do I move my Dec. trip to October or add an extra trip Oct. 12-14, 2007 :mickey:

Well, it's off to MJ to PLAN AWAY!!!

mmouse566
10-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Sounds great. I'm there. Any thoughts on including MNSSHP or F&W in the plans ?

Carol
10-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Any thoughts on including MNSSHP or F&W in the plans ?We did last year. However, nothing of that nature can be planned until the dates for the parties are released.

Iago
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummmmm, do I move my Dec. trip to October or add an extra trip Oct. 12-14, 2007 :mickey:

Well, it's off to MJ to PLAN AWAY!!!I'd keep the December trip and add an extra October trip.
I like to help others spend their money. :thedolls:

Donalds Duckie
10-15-2006, 07:54 PM
I'd keep the December trip and add an extra October trip.
I like to help others spend their money. :thedolls:

How I tried, Lago. :D I could budget the WDW cost for 2 nights but not the 2nd set of airline tickets, airport parking or shuttle here in Texas, petsitter, etc.

But, I've already talked with Wendy at Magical Journeys and we're in the process of moving me now! I'm so excited. And, my countdown is now at 361 days instead of 418 days.

It's going to be so much fun counting down to the big celebration! :party:

Dsnygirl
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
:woohoo: :clappy: :yay: :joy: Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! (Oh, forgot - gotta convince DH first... let's see... our anniversary is the 8th... I'm turning 40 3 weeks later... :D )

Looking forward to the details - thanks, John, for getting this whole thing set up!! Hope you had a great trip!! :D

Donalds Duckie
10-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Dsnygirl, I think you've got a strong case for convincing DH. Your anniversary and 40th birthday should do it! :thumbsup: Keep us posted.

Wendy just confirmed that she moved me to YC Regatta Club Lagoon View Oct. 12-19, 2007!! I'm definitely IN.

CanadianWDWFan
10-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Sounds GREAT! We are definitely going to plan on being there. Like my DW said, it is our Thanksgiving weekend. So we get an extra day off without using Vacation time, just another great reason to go. :mickey:

pogo
10-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I hope we can be there. I'd like nothing better than to meet all my friends from Intercot at WDW. :D

drummerboy
10-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Marking my calendar and getting ready to contact MJ soon. Looks like a fun time.

Rockstar Boyfriends
10-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm usually in Orlando during October anyway for Halloween Horror Nights, so I'll probably make an appearance.

Just think...a MNSSHP meet, a HHN meet, a IASW ride-a-thon... :blush:

conorsmom2000
10-16-2006, 07:56 AM
... our anniversary is the 8th...
Our 10th Wedding anniversary is the 5th, which is what I will also use in convincing Mike to go!! :thumbsup: :D

Our real problem is the flying issue - neither one of us are willing to fly after our last trip, but driving will cut into our vacation time. I'm sure we'll figure something out and as of right now, I'm sure we'll be there! This should be great!! :mickey:

Piglet822
10-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I am there!!!!!

Along with any of the lovely and witty Magical Journey Agents that can make it.

We look forward to meeting y'all face to face and sharing a cuppa whatever your drinking (and hopefully it is diet Pepsi)

Let the countdown begin!

Nanc

I'll be there and I'll be sure to slip some Diet Pepsi into my bag for you Nanc :)

Tink1
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks Jeanne! I usually make a Wynn Dixie run for it!

N

KarenP
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Count me in! :party:

Disneyfirsttimer
10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Hooray, we are booked already for 10/13 - 10/20, 2007 :mjump: . Look forward to hearing all the details.

Karyn

wdwgrl377
10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I will definitly mark this on my calendar NOW! :minnie:

I am so excited there will be another Intercot meet! I thoroughly enjoyed the one last year!

Hopefully by that time next year i will be living in Florida! This makes me want to work harder to get back living in Florida!! :cheer: I can SO do it!!

WOOT WOOT! Can't wait!! :woohoo:

Christine
10-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I am so there! Can't wait!!!

alpro2
10-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Thank goodness for the frequent flyer miles! Looking forwarding to it. :mickey:

Katzateer
10-16-2006, 11:21 PM
It will be a little over 2 years since we have made it to WDW-I hope to get our trip booked for that weekend. I have been wanting to take Stephanie for the Halloween party so this looks like it will be the year. Michelle will be away at college so it will either be just the two of us or 3 of us (if DH can get off work).

Great weekend for the trip :thumbsup: Our schools have a 3 day weekend then-so won't have to miss as much school.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :joy: :clappy:

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi all - not sure if this is where I should ask this question or if this thread is just for people to comment on whether or not they're going - also, I realize it may be a bit premature, but being a planner, I'll put it out there anyway :blush: -

- is there any possibility of special packages being put together for Intercotees for this wknd, through MJ or the like? Seems like mostly what has been mentioned is r/t special events or gatherings being organized - which is great! :D - just was talking it over with DH, and we were wondering if that would be a possibility, if it looked like there were going to lots and lots of people coming. (Hopefully, there will be!! :party: )

Thanks - and I know I may have to wait awhile for an answer... ;)

tink4me
10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Hopefully by that time next year i will be living in Florida! This makes me want to work harder to get back living in Florida!! :cheer: I can SO do it!!

WOOT WOOT! Can't wait!! :woohoo:

Your not the only one with that goal! I have never lived in FL though, so it's a little scary to me. No family there and I'm a single mom of 2, don't know anything about the school districts or anything. I do know it's something that the kids and I both want (and have for a long time) though. I'm thinking about maybe going to UCF (out of state tuition is killer though).

I was already wanting to be at Disney for the Food and Wine Festival....sounds like a plan! The kids and I had so much fun at the gathering last year! It was great. I look forward to hearing more details and meeting all of you.

Carol
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi all - not sure if this is where I should ask this question or if this thread is just for people to comment on whether or not they're going - also, I realize it may be a bit premature, but being a planner, I'll put it out there anyway :blush: -
Hi Blythe :hi:

Feel free to start more threads pertaining to the gathering. John simply moved this one over to start up the forum and post the dates.

Discussions and additional threads are very welcomed - plus they will probably get more notice when separated. :)

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi Blythe :hi:

Feel free to start more threads pertaining to the gathering. John simply moved this one over to start up the forum and post the dates.

Discussions and additional threads are very welcomed - plus they will probably get more notice when separated. :)

Hi Carol!

thanks for the note and idea - I thought maybe seperate threads would work better, but didn't know I could start one!! That's great!! Now, I'll go off and try... :unsure: ... if a new one doesn't show up, I'll PM you to ask how!! :D

Okay - did it - didn't realize it was actually just starting a new topic... I thought it was actually starting a new forum, or something.

Anyway - there it is... let the planners be off and running... :laughing: :silly:

WDW5150
10-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Too cool. We will be there too. We always go the second week in October for F & W festival anyway. Hope to see everyone there.

BronxTigger
10-21-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm working on adding it to the calendar! :thumbsup:

I have to convince DH first, but he said he's "leaning towards yes" :D

GiltterDisneyGirl
10-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't know yet if I will be going. I already have plans for march & Augs to go. March is with some family friends that have been wanting to go for a very long time with us. AUg is the Delta Sigma Pi conventions & my dad is a member of. So I will have to play it by Ear right now, even though i really want to go so i can meet all my Intercot buddys!!! :D

Natazu
10-24-2006, 07:50 AM
We there. Looks like our trip for 07's F&WF will be Oct 8th through Oct 25th.

Party for the Senses Meet on the 13th??

hoop de do
10-24-2006, 09:54 AM
We should be there also. Party for the Senses on the 13th. sounds great too. We had a super great time at this years. It's a little pricey but I think it would be a great place for as many of us to get together as possible. Anxious to hear other comments. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ayndi
10-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Minor complaint here - why is it that we get neat VMK things for booking online to Disneyland, but not for WDW?

I was looking at booking for the 10th party and noticed that VMK isn't mentioned at all. :(

Still - I'm hoping to make it (once I convince DH).

WED1901
11-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Pencil us in!! :mickey: Is this the same weekend with the Golf tournament? We got back a couple of weeks ago 09/30/06 – 10/08/06 and the last weekend people where starting to show up for the tournament and the parks were packed :( . My mom and dad where trying to get a room for the weekend and every resort was book. Something to think about! Get in often and early! :thumbsup:

WED1901
11-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Update:

Oct. 29-Nov. 4 Walt Disney World Resort Classic WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort (Magnolia and Palm Courses), Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

:whew:

Minnie Imagineer
11-03-2006, 11:35 PM
i will be going nov.9-12...i am so excited! Happy 10th Birthday Intercot!
:balloon: :birthday: :cake:

Figaro
11-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Hopefully I'll be in Orlando when this happens and working for WDW in the CareerStart program. :mickey: If so, count me in for going. :mickey:

Lizzy
11-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Sad day. I will be having my big wedding that weekend. I am so sad that I am going to miss it!

Oh and those of you who already promised to be at my wedding (and I know who you are) you have no excuse. Now you can come to my wedding and then head back to the INTERCOT festivities (aren't you lucky that I only live an hour away)

Piglet822
11-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Sad day. I will be having my big wedding that weekend. I am so sad that I am going to miss it!

Oh and those of you who already promised to be at my wedding (and I know who you are) you have no excuse. Now you can come to my wedding and then head back to the INTERCOT festivities (aren't you lucky that I only live an hour away)

You're getting married that weekend?????? :eek:
Can't you get married at WDW? :idea:
Okay, okay. I'll be there, not to worry. You know I love you :hug:

alpro2
11-29-2006, 08:38 PM
For travel purposes, when do the Intercot festivities start and end?

angel8783
12-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I just booked a trip through MJ for October 12-18! Can't wait to find out more details!

John
12-07-2006, 10:47 AM
You'll see a lot more details forthcoming after the first of the year... :)

BethieTink
12-08-2006, 09:06 AM

Lizzie,

Good luck and Congrats on the wedding. It is a great weekend to get married. DH and I got married on October 12th and we will be celebrating our 5th anniversary at WDW next year. Can't wait.

Crow
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I was thinking about going again when i get a weeks vacation in Sept 2007, then thinking bout the Food & Wine fest end of Sept/Oct.....now the Intercot gathering

drummerboy
01-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay, I've at least got my calendar marked. Now it's time to start making reservations at FW.

Dsnygirl
01-18-2007, 05:44 AM
:mickey: Hi all!! :wave: Just wondering when any more info may surface about the weekend.... I've been trying really hard to ignore my curiosity, as I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it - but I just can't help myself - I'm the eternal optimist and just can't help hoping we'll pull it off.... ;) Plus, I figure, the more info I have, the more ammunition I have to beat my poor DH into submission with!! :blush: :D Poor guy... and he's believing I've forgotten about it... :funny:

DizneyFreak2002
01-29-2007, 07:57 PM
October 12 to the 14th huh? Well, I am going to be there in May/June, and planning on October as well. Once my trip in May/June is over, I can begin looking at finances to see if October is doable. If so, I am going to plan on being there during this time.

Not2Loud
02-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I have got the wife onboard to go - any new info on activities for the weekend?

I think doing the scavenger hunt of some sort would be really cool. the picture hunt is probably the easiest to organize I would think. Too bad we can't get WDW to help with it!

Who is making the t-shirts? :party:

brad192
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Got the airfare booked, arrive on the 9th, leave on the 16th. As of this week, I even have enough saved for the trip! :clappy: Any additional $$ are for upgrades & FUN!:woohoo:

Now all I need is some details on activities & I can start some serious planning! After having to cancel trips twice in the last 2 years, I'm not missing this one!:thumbsup:

Christine
02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I got the green light to go as well~ my hubby said I should make up the solo trip that I had to cancel in January (due to family illness), so I figured what better timing than Intercot's 10th anniversary! I have often worried that I would get lonely on a solo trip, and now I don't have to be!

Here's to happy planning!!!

Mickey'sGirl
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Great! This is the week following Thanksgiving here in Canada -- a great time to travel! We hope to be there too!! :mickey:
Well...we got great fares on Air Tran out of Buffalo, so we booked last night. We will be there from the 6th until the 14th! Now to decide on where to stay! :confused:

murphy1
02-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I love the idea of tea! I am try to nail our dates down, we are going in October, not sure which week yet!

BronxTigger
03-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I booked my flights last night!

I cannot miss any work (my boss is discipling someone for missing too many days...she had documented jury duty!) so I am flying out Friday evening (Oct 12) and flying back to NYC on Sunday evening (Oct 14).

I can't wait to meet everybody!

DisneyDudet
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Any kind of ideas or hints at what might be happening? We're planning October, but don't know when in Oct. This might help swing a date!

Thumper03
03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
We'll be there! Looking forward to it!:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
I'll be at Caribbean Beach in

199 DAYS!

Melanie
03-27-2007, 06:03 AM
I'll be at Caribbean Beach in

199 DAYS!

WOW! We are under 200 days, huh? I can't wait for that first Lapu Lapu! :papple: :joy:

CanadianWDWFan
03-28-2007, 08:53 AM
WOW! We are under 200 days, huh? I can't wait for that first Lapu Lapu! :papple: :joy:
Thanks for that thought!:cool: I now have them on my mind. Good thing we are going in three weeks so I can get my Lapu Lapu! :papple: I'll have one again in October for sure!:D

My DW is already planning our ADR's! :eyes:

DisneyDudet
03-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll be there at the Swan!

How fun is this!? The only weekend my family can go is the weekend of the anniversary!

So... any plans?

Carol
03-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Look for the events and itinerary to start hitting the air waves the middle of next month. The agenda is formulated.

However, we really must wait until the park hours, events and Extra Magic Hours schedule, is released for October, in order to nail down specific times and dates.

They will take place on all 3 days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Chescat
03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
So question I do have since I've never been to an Intercot Party is, for say the Halloween Event, would we get the tickets through you guys or thru the Park itself?? I know they usually have limited amounts of tickets per night here at DLR. :secret:

Carol
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
You'd have to go through Disney to obtain tickets. :)

Dsnygirl
03-30-2007, 09:58 AM
:mickey3: Can't wait, can't wait for the details to come out next month - hoping all the info will swing my DH towards wanting to go. He's on the fence mostly b/c of $$ right now - but we're moving in May, and that'll change our $$ situation dramatically - for the positive - so I'm hoping we'll be able to make some reservations this summer!! I'd hate to have to leave him behind... :blush: ... :D

Dyanna
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I am so upset :sob:. We had already booked our flights to leave the morning of the 12th. Is there anything going on before we leave on the 11th?

grego77
04-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I am very interested in finding out about the activities! Hopefully, I'll be able to take that time off of grad school. :mickey:

Melanie
04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I am so upset :sob:. We had already booked our flights to leave the morning of the 12th. Is there anything going on before we leave on the 11th?

Sorry, but all official events will take place October 12-14.

Beast_fanatic
04-08-2007, 11:10 PM

You could try to get a meet together for the 11th in the regular Disney Meets forum as some of us will be there early. It won't be an official event, but you'd still get a chance to maybe meet a few INTERCOTees.

DisneyDudet
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Rhonda.... you're coming?

Beast_fanatic
04-10-2007, 05:55 PM
I am! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Dsnygirl
04-11-2007, 01:54 AM
:mickey: Okay - just a question, please forgive me - I know you awesome planning gurus are probably up to your eyeballs in details and finishing up stuff for the server drive.... are you planning on announcing everything after the 20th, or is anything going to be announced before then? I am going to be out of town then, and probably won't have internet access while I'm gone - :sob: - so I was wondering (okay, hoping) that maybe some details would come out before we left. But - I TOTALLY understand why you would wait - just thought I'd ask so I can stop wishing I'd asked... :blush:

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 01:08 AM
I am! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Woo Hoo!! I get to see you again! You know.. we live in the same metro area, yet we have to go all the way to WDW to see each other!

I can't wait for this. Hopefully the events will come out soon... I really want to start planning more!!!!

Beast_fanatic
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I know Morgan! I've considered trying again to get an area meet going, but things have just been crazy! :crazy:

Carol and John have stated that details should come out somewhere around the 180 day mark (which is very soon). :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
ICarol and John have stated that details should come out somewhere around the 180 day mark (which is very soon). :thumbsup:

:joy: :woohoo: :minnie: :mickey3: :dance: :cheer:
:D

dpamac
04-12-2007, 10:11 PM
At the risk of starting rumors . . .

I have seen the event list. Oh yes. It was like looking directly into the sun.

It's so good that I'm even going to be there.

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 10:26 PM

:sun: :sun: :sun:

I know I just posted, but.... :mickey3: :minnie: :joy: again!! :D

Piglet822
04-13-2007, 06:57 AM

And you can be bribed, right? Or captured and tortured to reveal the contents?
Or will you just accept chocolate?

dpamac
04-13-2007, 08:54 AM
And you can be bribed, right? Or captured and tortured to reveal the contents?
Or will you just accept chocolate?

Chocolate? Nope. I'm a diabetic.

Torture? I'm a cyclist. I've ridden a bike up a mountain for fun. I can handle pain.

Bribery? Totally open to that.

I'll give you all a hint. I'll even use spoiler text:

Spoiler Begins:

At many points a large group of us will get together somewhere on Disney property and do something Disney related as a group. Sometimes there may be more than four of these events in one day.

Spoiler Ends

Melanie
04-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Way to let the cat out of the bag, Gary! :nono:

:funny:

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
:D Nice try... hopefully the eye strain from reading that will be gone by the time the real stuff is posted!! Where'd my "invisible ink" reading glasses go, anyway??? :look:

What kind of bribes are you looking for? My BIL does Ironmans - maybe I could hook you up w/ some new bike equipment?? :bike:

ChipnDaleGal
04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Loose Lips Gary strikes again!!! :thumbsup:

Melanie
04-13-2007, 10:08 AM
:D Nice try... hopefully the eye strain from reading that will be gone by the time the real stuff is posted!! Where'd my "invisible ink" reading glasses go, anyway??? :look:

Highlighting it makes it much easier to read. ;)

Carol
04-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Gary! :nono:

marlyn
04-14-2007, 01:41 AM
I am reading this and wondering if I should try to make it. I would love to! I have air miles and I have an AP....decisions, decisions!:D

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 01:47 AM
I am reading this and wondering if I should try to make it. I would love to! I have air miles and I have an AP....decisions, decisions!:D

That wouldn't even be a decision, for me.... :D Just think of it as one more time to see Jack @ POTC!! I definitely think you should come!! Try to talk Pogo into it, too, when you see him next week... :thumbsup:

marlyn
04-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Unfortunately I live a little farther away than you...and if I came it would be alone, without the kids. But it can be done (and I am seriously thinking of it).

I will put a bug in pogo's ear next week!:D

drummerboy
04-14-2007, 08:48 AM
My gosh Gary, the incredible attention to detail in your spoiler has left me dumfounded. I don't know if there's anything left to learn. :D

Can't wait for the announcement.

DisneyDudet
04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
I know Morgan! I've considered trying again to get an area meet going, but things have just been crazy! :crazy:

Carol and John have stated that details should come out somewhere around the 180 day mark (which is very soon). :thumbsup:

According to my Intercot countdown clock, we are well passed this point!

I want plans!

ElenitaB
04-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Actually I know we're all very excited about this, but the 180 day mark for Friday, October 11 was Saturday! (Excel told me so...) :)

Beast_fanatic
04-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Actually I know we're all very excited about this, but the 180 day mark for Friday, October 11 was Saturday! (Excel told me so...) :)

But Ellen, October 11th is a Thursday. :confused:

ElenitaB
04-17-2007, 10:51 AM
But Ellen, October 11th is a Thursday. :confused:
I sit corrected :blush:

DisneyDudet
04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
My Intercot countdown clock says 176 days left....

I don't know if I can handle it anymore!

dpamac
04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
My Intercot countdown clock says 176 days left....

I don't know if I can handle it anymore!

Don't worry guys, it's coming. There are some important details that need to be ironed out before we can announce events. It's almost ready, but the details that need to be finalized are pretty important.

I know it's hard to wait, but Santa is coming soon.

Dsnygirl
04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
...but the details that need to be finalized are pretty important.

I know it's hard to wait, but Santa is coming soon.

Details?? What kind of details?? Remember that bribe we offered before? :D

It kind of does feel like Christmas Eve these days... :santa3:

DisneyDudet
04-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh good golly you guys! I check here every day... I'm soooooooooooo ready!

BronxTigger
04-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Oh good golly you guys! I check here every day... I'm soooooooooooo ready!

I still need to pack.

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 02:32 AM
I still need to pack.

Well, you know, I'm still lacking the perfect, "I'm a member of Intercot" outfit, as well as costume for MNSSHP, which might consist of black socks with sandals, while wearing plaid shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. I don't know.. too touristy?

BronxTigger
04-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, you know, I'm still lacking the perfect, "I'm a member of Intercot" outfit, as well as costume for MNSSHP, which might consist of black socks with sandals, while wearing plaid shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. I don't know.. too touristy?

You're dressing up as a tourist for Halloween? Don't forget the fanny pack, 3 cameras dangling from your neck, a map in one hand and a lost look on your face!

JPL
04-22-2007, 12:34 PM
There are some important details that need to be ironed out before we can announce events.

Gary when you are done Ironing out the details can you get back to work on my shirts and pants I am running low again :iron:

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 02:38 PM
You're dressing up as a tourist for Halloween? Don't forget the fanny pack, 3 cameras dangling from your neck, a map in one hand and a lost look on your face!

I've thought about it, but I'm not sure if people will get it, or if they'll think I'm really that not knowledgeable of Disney... yes.. I would much rather them think I had no sense of style than to think I know nothing about Disney!!

But yes, a tourist is the only thing I can come up with. I want it simple and I don't want to spend much money...

BronxTigger
04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Then don't use a Disney map, get a map of someplace else and maybe a Fodor's guide or two to carry around to complete your tourist costume.

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I should. That would be funny.... i just need to find some sandals that won't hurt my feet. I'm going all out!

But, you know, I'm still waiting on this stuff... they shouldn't have told us when!!!

BriarRose0708
04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I am seriously, seriously considering going to celebrate INTERCOT's 10th as long as I can take the 12th and 15th off from work. I'll be starting a new job around July/August and I'm not sure if I can have vacation days, I might have to sacrifice Thanksgiving! I'll keep you all posted.:rocks:

grego77
04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
ditto the last poster. The I just need to solidify a few dates.
Very much looking forward to what the events will be! :D

Mousefever
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm so excited!!! I just bought my airline ticket on Southwest for the 12th through the 15th! I found a direct flight from Denver that gets me in at 1pm on Friday. I feel really guilty not bringing my son and husband with me, but we'll still have a big trip in January. And they are not huge Intercot fans like I am!

:dory:

disneydeb
05-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I want to go to the Adventurer's Club. Anyone else, want to go during the celebration?

Did I post this in the correct spot? If not someone move me please. I love trhrill rides!

Natazu
05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
I want to go to the Adventurer's Club. Anyone else, want to go during the celebration?

Did I post this in the correct spot? If not someone move me please. I love trhrill rides!
Sounds good to me. We had a blast at AC last year after Party for the Senses (which would be after the Illuminations viewing this year).

BriarRose0708
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
We had a blast at AC last year after Party for the Senses (which would be after the Illuminations viewing this year).

The what?

disneydeb
05-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Doin' the happy dance!:woohoo: :yay: :dance: I just sent in my deposit for Pop, Park Hoppers and Dining! Working with Wendy at Magical Journeys!

Joanna
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
My dh and I are going to be a WDW from Oct 8-15. I've been a member of intercot for quite a while but never visited a anniversary party. We'd love to hear more!