PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking our trip....

Dsnygirl
10-11-2006, 09:00 AM
:mickey: Any other fellow scrapbookers out there??? :photo: We went to WDW in May, and I am STILL working on our albums... yes, there are two now... and we only went for 5 days!! (Well, day #5 was really just a travel day, so 4 park days...)

My first album has the first two days, Epcot/MK and AK, and I am half-way through day #3 (MK & Chef Mickey's)in the second album... no matter what, I am somehow fitting both day 3 & 4 (MGM) in this second album!!

Anyone else out there working on a Disney album?? I need to get it done, as my family album is waiting and the pics are piling up... I think I'm only
in March of this year, so far!! Yipes... :( ... lots of catching up to do.

So - who's scrapping with me these days??

conorsmom2000
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Hey Blythe! I've just recently started scrap booking! And it's funny you posted this today, when I just finished ordering stuff from a disney scrapping site! :mickey:

I never really wanted to get into it but then a friend of mine dragged me to a creative memories party and I was hooked. (so, I then had a CM party and hooked my friend, my sister, SIL and cousin!! :D ) Even though we just came back from this trip, I've really only started my album from last year. I'm finally organized enough (and have bought enough stuff! :blush: ) to get to work on it, but I only have 5 pages done. I still get kind of nervous before starting each page (using the right colors, making sure it's not too "busy" looking...etc.) I'm having a blast doing it, though, and have gotten into a lot of different things using my scrapping stuff, like making cards for people instead of buying them. Once I finish my Disney albums, I plan to start an album of Conor's school stuff (which is easy to start now, since I only have preschool, kindergarten and now 1st grade to do!)

While it's an expensive hobby, I'm so glad I've started getting into it as the end result is just beautiful!

tgmousechick
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm slowly and methodically working through the 350 pics of our May trip- I'm not really in any hurry. I'd rather wait for the right page inspiration to hit me and do it once, as opposed to just putting pics on a page and call it done.

I did a couple of pages at a retreat a few weeks ago, but I also did our June Strawberry pictures, and ultrasound pics of our critter due in March- i needed a change from Disney!

I'm also in the midst of hosting a fairly massive Disney swap on my home board. They'll be swapped out in November, so I'm kinda waiting to see what I get from that before I do too many more pages.

ElenitaB
10-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi there! :tiphat:

By no means am I a great scrapper, but here's a link (http://family.webshots.com/album/552683904zGYszl) to the book that I did of our May 2006 trip. The book itself was a photo album (they only had the 12x12 scrapbooks and I didn't want to do that size format), so I took some cardstock and made my own pages (but no page protectors).

While that album is done, I still have a gazillion others to do! I've been working on an ABC album of our 2002 trips for over a year now (I'm bad). Of course, there are also albums waiting to be done for trips starting in 2000 (not to mention baby albums, family heritage albums, etc., etc.)

I think that Janet (JanetMegan) mentions in her signature something about scrapbooking and insanity! :crazy: I'm sure she'll be along soon to pipe in!

I'm going down next month so anyone who wants papers, scissors, punches, etc. from WDW or DCL, let me know in advance and I'll be glad to help out.

BelleBeauty
10-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping this thread will inspire me to start mine! When my brother and sister and I started taking annual sibling trips, I went through all the old photo albums and pulled pics from all of our family trips. I'm hoping to make a sibling scrapbook to add to each year. I bought a ton of stuff, but it all is resting in a bag at my mom's house! Well, maybe one day...

I think I have a block because the last time I scrapbooked was a Disney trip with an ex-boyfriend (a LONG time ago) and I hated that I never wanted to look at it again :secret:

PeachyGal
10-11-2006, 11:29 AM
I am not currently working on a Disney album (not that I don't have 2 years worth!!), but I am a scrapbooker. I am trying to get caught up with the "general" and "sports" scrapbooks before I move on to Disney. I had hoped to have my 05 trip scrapbooked BEFORE our 06 trip. Well that didn't happen and here I sit with too many pictures to even think about it! My goal/plan is to sit down on the weekends while the DH and DS watch football and catch up.

And to tell a funny story on myself, I bought a Mickey punch during our trip in Sept. Only to get home and find the Mickey punch I bought on an earlier trip. Nice. Luckily my sister is heading to WDW in a few weeks and has agreed to swap the punch for me.

Disneytrotters
10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I am currently scrapping our September 2005 trip to WDW. I have already completed 2003, and two trips in 2004 (one book), and still have to do January 2006!!! :drama: Just yesterday I did a layout featuring Mexico at Epcot. My next one will probably be another world. I am trying to work my way through all of our photos, but it's tough! Since we have another trip planned for December of this year, I don't forsee being done anytime soon. :blush: But, it sure is worth it when we go back and look through the layouts I have already finished! :mickey:

MsMin
10-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I just completed 03 last Aug. and managed to finish 04. I hope to work on 05 before leaving.
Dsnygirl-- why 2 books? I use book extenders and add pages. My 03 bk has 60 pages.
I save disney graphics on my comp and scan stuff. My goal is to make a Memories book for my parents for our trip. I am planning to call it 40 years of Mickey Memories. My parents have helped send us when times were tight and enjoyed many trips w/ us. I found a piece of an old DL shopping bag and scanned it in. I had to expand it; but, I think it will be worth it.
Anyone else scan in stuff? I scan my tickets, napkins etc. I print my own pic and I love it b/c I can cut them up and blow them up w/ no guilt of destroying a photo.
:minnie:

kakn7294
10-11-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle of scrapbooking our trip from last Sept. I started a 12 X 12 album (only did a few pages) and changed my mind and started an 8 X 8 Mickey album instead after DH bought it for me and I didn't know what to do with it. Instead of using all of my photos from the trip (561 in 10 days), I have limited it to only those pics we are actually in but it's still a huge stack of photos. I had hoped to have it done by now, but too many other things keep coming up and I had to put it aside. At this point, I don't think it will be finished before my next trip in December! Oh well, I'll have the long, cold winter to work on it and the new one!

Dsnygirl
10-11-2006, 12:58 PM
:mickey: WOW!! I never expected so many responses so fast... there must be an awful lot of us out there, who are not only Disney nuts, but scrapbook crazies... boy, what a combo!! :crazy:

My girls are both in school today (they were off the last two for Col. Day and conferences...) so I'm actually spending the day scrapping... my DH took my car in to the shop, so I'm not even stressing over errands I should be running but don't want to - since I can't!! :woohoo: I'm almost done with Day #3... then only one day to go, and I can actually get back to "real life" scrapbooking. ( :( ... love looking at my Disney pictures... makes me want to start planning another trip... :sob: ) I have a BUNCH of albums to do besides our family one... I want to do school albums for the girls, and I've got a Christmas one I started... I want to do a memory book for our cat that we just had to put down... (I am a Creative Memories consultant, too, by the way, and want to use their new "Storybook" album for him - anyone done one yet??)

Answer for Beth - I'm doing two albums because I have a picture-taking problem... we had 4 days in the parks, and I took about 750 pictures. :secret: :blush: I think I've done (for me) an admirable job paring them down, but I'll never be someone who can just pick one or two pictures to show what we did or where we were... I want EVERY memory I can possibly salvage, esp. of Disney. Sigh... My CM albums can hold up to 45 pages comfortably (12x12 pages) but I only did 38 in the first album b/c I used alot of double-matting and raised stickers, so it seemed thick enough with that many pages. So, I'm guessing this next album will be about the same... yipes!

Glad to meet so many of you that are scrapbookers - do any of you know how to put a link into our threads to be able to show pictures or albums that we have an a picture site somewhere?? I saw that Elenita had one - how did you do it??

Jen - glad you got hooked - scrapbooking is so fun - I love CM stuff (obviously) but also like a lot of the other Disney stuff that is out there, too, plus other non-Disney stuff, too.

Okay - gotta run - need to get pages done while it's quiet!! :D

Flower
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I just went to the mailbox tonight and there was my large order of Disney scrap booking supplies from an online vendor I buy from quite often!

I am currently working on 4 Disney albums, one is of our sons first Disney trip in February 2006, the other 3 are of the same thing and are for myself, my mom & my mother-in-law of our 2005 Mothers day trip - it is almost done!!

I need to work on Christmas gifts, one will be an 8x8 album for my in-laws for their upcoming Hawaii trip, and I want to do one of Brandons first year with us (My adopted son). I also want to start working on the layout for our new baby's birth book.

I love card making and recently did about 75 invitations for my best friends wedding, also her table set up, maps, etc.

I have been on the Design team for my LSS and am hoping to get 're-hired' in the winter - they only allow you to do a 6-month term.

I need to update my online albums and will post them when I do.

DrivingSideways
10-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I started scrapbooking a few months after I returned home from my study abroad program. I had over 600 pictures, so getting that done was VERY time consuming, but well worth it. I have 80+ pages and 5 regular photo albums.

Since then, I've started an album for my undergrad years (which has turned out to be 90% marching band...lol), grad school, and one for my new kitty.

I've FINALLY started scrapping my Disney pics. I'm trying to collect pics from as many trips as possible. Unfortunately, I don't have dates for the trips I took with my parents, but Mom's been kind enough to let me make copies of the old pics.

I've vowed to take lots of pics when I go in December because that's something I haven't done previously. I can't wait to start collecting more Disney scrapping stuff! YAY!

It's nice to see that others on Intercot are also scrapping. I get a lot of flak from my friends since it they assume that most people start scrapping when they have kids, etc. I guess that's why my cat, Zoey, has her own. lol :mickey:

DrivingSideways
10-11-2006, 08:41 PM
I can't believe I forgot to ask my original question... I'm so silly.

I've also made an album that's solely devoted to my sorority pictures (there were too many for my college scrapbook). Since my best friend is also my sister, I used some of the precious few pictures from our 2004 trip in that one. Should I use copies of these or just ignore that trip in my Disney scrapbook? It's going to be my first 9 trips (there aren't many pics from my "daytrips") and I plan to do one just for my upcoming trip.

I'm so afraid to proceed because I don't want to waste my awesome Disney materials!

conorsmom2000
10-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi there! :tiphat:

By no means am I a great scrapper, but here's a link (http://family.webshots.com/album/552683904zGYszl) to the book that I did of our May 2006 trip.
Ellen!!! Your album is excellent! I just finished looking through it and you really did a great job - I think you are a much better scrapper than you give yourself credit for! I was very impressed!!

As I said, I only have a few pages done from our last trip, but you can see them here. (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736) The last picture is actually my wedding invitation, which is the first thing I ever scrapped - I had never done anything with it, so I bought a scrapbooking frame and made that. As for the other pictures, my cover page isn't there as I had to re-do it. (and the one with the pocket has been fixed since I took the picture as you can see the tape on the vellum.

Ellen, I think you've inspired me to get back to work on it!

Caroleh
10-13-2006, 08:45 AM
I did my photos immediately after my trip. It took me a month to get my album done. I would come home from work and work on it until I went to bed. When it was my day off I would work on it from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. That's the one good thing about being an empty nester, no kids!!! I have to split my album up though because it's too fat. I haven't picked up my scrapbooking since then. My problem is I have too many crafts I do.

When my desktop gets fixed...it blew up last weekend. I'll post some pages to my website. Hopefully I didn't blow the hard drive and it's just the motherboard.

Dsnygirl
10-13-2006, 09:28 AM
:mickey: Note to Ellen and Jen - wow, you guys!! Your pages are great!! Hopefully I can get some of mine up and a link to them by next week... never thought of doing that before, but I'll try it. I'm working the next three nights, but hopefully I can find some time to figure out how to do it. You guys did a GREAT job! :thumbsup:

Christine
10-13-2006, 09:37 AM
By no means am I a great scrapper, but here's a link (http://family.webshots.com/album/552683904zGYszl)

Oh, I would have to disagree! You are an EXCELLENT scrapper!!! May I print some of those to use as guidelines for scrapping my upcoming trip?

I scrap now (I do ONE book a year, that covers the entire year month by month---a calendar book). But what I do is not creative at all...pretty much 3 pictures on a page with a little writing under them. I hardly embellish and I feel that I don't get enough photos in. I LOVE how you fill a page with the pictures all together (like the MGM parade page). What size do you have to make those to make them fit like that?

I am not trying to be a "copy-cat" but WOW I wish my books looked like yours!

BTW, the picture of Ben with Darth Mall (sp?) is AWESOME!!!

Dsnygirl
10-13-2006, 12:09 PM
:mickey: Okay, I may need a little help here... I'm going to try to post a link to some of the Disney pages I've done... computers and I are usually doing this - :badpc: - so, hopefully this will work!! :blush:
If it doesn't, I'll try again - after I remove the hammer from the top of the computer.... :D

okay - link didn't work... but I posted again on another thread (next page, I believe) that has a working link. (Ihope!!)

Christine
10-13-2006, 01:01 PM
The link didn't work for me??? Said "Uh Oh, something bad happened" when I tried???

Darn I wanted to get some more ideas!

January-2007
10-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I love scrapbooking, too. I scrapbooked a lot in high school, I have something like 3-5 books from then. When my fiance and I moved in together I worked on our book for a long day or so... and haven't really done much more with it. So we've been living together for 2 years and I have about 3 pages done... I know, it's really sad. With me though, I really need the space to spread out, and really take the time needed on these projects. I probably won't get back into it until after we move in February, because we are most likely going to move into a two bedroom apartment that we looked at last week, in which case I could have an entire room devoted to scrapbooking... or at least a table. A whole table would be nice, not having to worry about getting the stuff all messed up.

What I like to do with my scrapbooking is put magaizine and newspaper clippings in to embellish it. I like to collect pictures and sayings, I have a whole shoe box full of stuff to use. And double stick tape. I have so many pictures to put in our book, and that's even before I start our Honeymoon book that I'm sure I'll have a ton more pictures to work with, come January. Plus, we might take a super quick trip in November, more pictures there.... I think all of 2007 will be spent scrapbooking if I plan to stay on track, and finish one before getting pictures for another..... :secret:

I just love looking at those pages though, they take me so long to do, but I just love them. I use plain cardstock, but I have some WDW scrapbooking stuff I got on my last trip in 2003... that I never used.. So now I have even more to work with :D Have fun everybody! Great thread by the way!

Dsnygirl
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
The link didn't work for me??? Said "Uh Oh, something bad happened" when I tried???

Darn I wanted to get some more ideas!'

I just signed myself out of Yahoo! and tried the link - you're right - it won't work for someone who isn't signed in to Yahoo! Sigh... :shake:

I'm going to try again with a different site... I'll re-do the link once I figure it out!!

sorry! :blush:

Christine
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Sorry it won't work.

I will look forward to seeing your pages!

Dsnygirl
10-13-2006, 05:52 PM
:mickey: Okay, I'm trying again... here is a link (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554799497RainVQ) to pictures of pages I have done... the last link website I tried didn't work, so let's hope this one does!! I'm so computer illiterate at times, when it comes to stuff like this! :blush:

Wish me luck... and if it works, hope you all enjoy the pages!! I'd love to see more of yours... :D

Caroleh
10-13-2006, 08:24 PM
:mickey: Okay, I'm trying again... here is a link (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554799497RainVQ) to pictures of pages I have done... the last link website I tried didn't work, so let's hope this one does!! I'm so computer illiterate at times, when it comes to stuff like this! :blush:

Wish me luck... and if it works, hope you all enjoy the pages!! I'd love to see more of yours... :D

Love your pages!!! You gave me some ideas for my next album!!

conorsmom2000
10-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Blythe!! I am blown away by your pages - they are awesome! Have you been scrap booking long? Your pages look so great - I'm wondering how you get past the "staring at the page" stage, which is where I am tonight!! :confused: :D I swore I was going to work on my album tonight, but I just keep staring at it! So, where does everyone get their idas from - or does it just "come" to you??

mickey&missy
10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Blythe, Ellen and Jen! Your pages are all beautiful!!!!!! Very, very nice!

I'm a scrapbooker too. I'll take pics of mine from last year and post them tomorrow.

Funny thing. My first book was WDW last year. I started it a week or two after we got home and finished in about a month after I started. But, now I'm still working on DD and DS baby books :blush: . I have a lot of trouble finding exactly the right stickers and stuff. I guess I'm too uptight about it :blush:

I already a ton of stuff for my book for this trip and I know I'll end up with a ton more!!

showmethemouse
10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
dsnygirl you go girl I look at your link your scrapbook is great. I'm still working on my books I when in 2003 when my boyfriend and sister surprise me and my son with our first trip to disney world. I had a great time there. I have 6 books to still to do. When I was there I take 40 rolls . thats about 1,108 picture :mickey3: then I when in 2004 with my best friend will another 20 rolls about 540 piture for that trip :tink: :smickey:

all star movies 2003
pop century 2004

Christine
10-13-2006, 11:27 PM
WOW! Blythe, your pages are beautiful!

I am so inspired by you guys! Do you go to crop nites at local stores? I haven't been to one in a LONG time and need to badly when I get home from this upcoming trip in two weeks. ( :party: )

conorsmom2000
10-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Do you go to crop nites at local stores? I haven't been to one in a LONG time and need to badly when I get home from this upcoming trip in two weeks. ( :party: )

My friend who got me into this goes to the one the creative memories rep has - usually twice a month. I haven't been able to make one yet due to our schedule. But, she loves going and says she gets so much done that way!! Hopefully soon I'll be able to go!

kim1st
10-14-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm in awe of everyone's pages - thank you for sharing.

I think I'll do my autograph books first before I tackle the full on Disney album. I started out thinking I would pre-make an autograph book using an 8x8 scrapbook and decorate it for the character that would sign the page. I was making 2 books - 1 for each DD, but with identical layouts it wasn't really that much more work. I did about 10 characters before getting overwhelmed and deciding that I would need to just get the autographs and then scrap them later. I think the books will turn out gorgeous when they're done, and they'll be fantastic memories for the girls.

For the autographs that I got in a traditional autograph book, I've decided that I'll scan them on the computer and print them on vellum and incorporate them into pages with pictures of that character and the girls.

Of course - we're all digital - so our pix from our recent trip are still not even printed yet (we've been back 1 week today). That will be a project for this weekend.

I am a HORRIBLE scrapper! I get the itch and do a few pages here and there, but I have a lot of unfinished projects. Hopefully Disney will be different!!!

Dsnygirl
10-14-2006, 11:17 AM
:thanks: Wow, everyone - thanks for you compliments on my pages... I'm glad you like them!! I've been scrapbooking since I got married, 12 years ago... but not like the pages you saw - I was mostly just putting pictures that I'd cropped on pages and adding stickers, trinkets, etc.

Even last summer ('05) I wasn't doing that much - I had 3 yrs worth of family pics to catch up on and literally just sat down and cropped them and stuck them in albums - just to get them out of their boxes. Now, when I get the chance, I go back and decorate the pages - sometimes, if I'm really inspired, I'll actually "lift" the pictures and put paper behind them - but mostly, I just try to write about the pictures and try to remember what was going on then!! :blush:

I really started doing pages more like the ones you've seen last fall... I started with our '05 family album and went from there... my family album pages aren't all as decorated as the Disney ones... depends on my mood and the pictures, I guess!!

My Disney album has probably been the most fun album I've done - just the pictures themselves are fun to work with b/c of the memories, and how can you beat all the fun Disney stuff out there that there is to use??? :D

Jen, you asked how I get past the "staring at the page" phase... believe me, I've stared at many a page, too!! I guess I usually just start to crop the pictures after I've sorted through them, and pick a background color for them, or for the page... then as I begin to lay them out, ideas come to me as I see how they fit on the page. I have friends that are WICKED creative - you should see their pages - I don't know where they get their ideas... they'll take pictures of something and create a design that has to do with what's going on... (i.e. cutting pictures of their kids @ swim class into the shape of water droplets and making the droplets all form into what looks like a big splash on the page... you get my idea...) I rarely come up with great ideas like that, and I use books to get ideas, too. (And I admit... I did borrow that idea for MY kids swim classes... :thumbsup: )

So - everyone bring on the pics of your pages... maybe we can all inspire each other!! :cheer:

January-2007
10-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Blythe, your pages are incredible! Just breathtaking! Thank you so much for taking the time to share them with us, I love all the color schemes and uses of maps in such creative ways, this will definately be a source of inspiration when I start our next WDW book. :mickey:

mickey&missy
10-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Ok, here's my book from last year, Disney 2005 (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2395050090098269115rsUdMz)

I think I did a pretty good job from my first book! Now its something I love to do!

You guys have really inspired me for this coming trip! I'm already working it out in my head!

14 days to go!!!

Dsnygirl
10-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok, here's my book from last year, Disney 2005 (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2395050090098269115rsUdMz)

I think I did a pretty good job from my first book! Now its something I love to do!

You guys have really inspired me for this coming trip! I'm already working it out in my head!

14 days to go!!!

Melissa, your album is GREAT! And your kids are too cute... they looked like they had a fun, fun trip. Can't believe you're leaving in 2 weeks... lucky you!! Thanks for sharing with us... can't wait to see your next album!! :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
10-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the inspiration Blythe! You book is absolutely beautiful! Now I can't wait to start the next one! Of course I can't wait until the trip! I really can't believe that its 2 weeks away. I feel like I've been planning forever!!!

I can't wait to hit world of memories! DD is also a little scrapbooking princess so I know we'll have a good amount of stuff to bring home!

jiifigment
10-15-2006, 02:41 AM
Wow! I'm loving looking at all the layouts you guys have done! I agree, though, that the subject matter helps! :mickey:

I've been scrapbooking for about 13 years (wow has it really been THAT long! LOL!) I started out as a Creative Memories consultant, but haven't been one for a long time now. I still use a lot of their stuff, though. :thumbsup:

I just finished the book for our September trip, and I LOVE it because of a lot of the great stuff I found for it! A certain internet scrapbook supply company (I don't know if I'm allowed to name names) came out with some scrapbooking paper that is incredible and unique, and I love it! There's a Yeti and a rollercoaster for Everest, small-world characters, Safari animals, a castle, a Hollywood Hotel ( :eek: ), a big golf ball (lol) and LOTS of other stuff. No, I don't work for them or anything, I'm just in love with this stuff!

I think the scrapbooking is fun, but the problem is when you're done, it's like the trip is REALLY over! :cry:

We've taken 8x8 albums for autograph books the last few trips. It works GREAT! As part of our prep for the trip, I buy the girls a bunch of stickers and stuff and let them decorate the pages before we go. The character signs on one side, and we put the picture across from it. They just finished their books Thursday, and they're incredible, too! I love that they're making their own Disney memories!

I'll take pics of the albums and post them...at least a few pages. Maybe someone else can get ideas like I'm getting them from all of you! :D

conorsmom2000
10-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I'll take pics of the albums and post them...at least a few pages. Maybe someone else can get ideas like I'm getting them from all of you! :D

I can't wait to see them!! I'm still such a newbie, I need to scraplift all the ideas that I can! :D I did just add my first two WL pages to my link above. I am having a blast working on this book, but it gets a little overwhelming as well! :mickey:

KEYONNAH
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I just finished a marathon scrapbook weekend. I got everything caught up so I can start my disney trip. I have 3 books to make. Two of them are christmas gifts for my niece and nephew that went with me. I still have to get the film developed. I also have relized things I wanted for my book that I forgot like menus and postcards. I'm also missing maps of a few parks. Now I have to be a little more creative.

Dsnygirl
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Okay, now I need a "smiley" with someone just staring at a page with no good ideas... I am stumped by my parade pictures. I cropped them into circles, which look really cool b/c of all the "snowglobes" the characters were in... and now I have NO idea what to do with them!! In fact, I've been stalling, not wanting so sit down and do anything with them b/c of it... but I have to soon, as I really need to get this album done!! :crazy:

Anyone out there done a really cool parade page they'd like to share?? :D

benny
10-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Wow - you have all inspired me! What amazing albums! I have never done scrapbooking but my friend does and I have always thought it makes photos and albums look sooooo awesome. I and visiting WDW in January and have decided to scrapbook my photos. I was wondering where everyone gets their gorgeous paper, cards, and special little 'bits' from? I'm from New Zealand but would love to get some when I visit Florida in early January to take back to help me do my album. :mickey:

Caroleh
10-17-2006, 07:55 AM
I was wondering where everyone gets their gorgeous paper, cards, and special little 'bits' from? I'm from New Zealand but would love to get some when I visit Florida in early January to take back to help me do my album. :mickey:

You can get scrapbooking stuff at some of the shops in the parks, resorts and there is a scrapbooking store at Downtown Disney

jiifigment
10-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Ok guys, FINALLY got some pics loaded. I included some of my album, and some of each of my girls' 8x8 character albums, just to give you an idea of what they turned out like.

Sorry about the glare. I tried to minimize it, but page protectors also reflect, and I wasn't about to take them all back off! LOL! :blush:

edited due to link problem...see post below for link.

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Ok guys, FINALLY got some pics loaded. I included some of my album, and some of each of my girls' 8x8 character albums, just to give you an idea of what they turned out like.

Sorry about the glare. I tried to minimize it, but page protectors also reflect, and I wasn't about to take them all back off! LOL! :blush:

http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/26/27/7/2/79/2766702790098312828MTfYqQ_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554901161kLQpHj)

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that only one page is coming up on the screen - and although I can't enlarge it, it looks really good!! Is there any way for you to re-post them? I'd love to see them all close up! :D

jiifigment
10-17-2006, 10:40 AM
I think I got it fixed! :confused: Thanks!

BTW, since someone ASKED, the cool paper & stuff, came from mousememories.com. It's exclusively for them by a company called zatara. If you want to find it on the website, the easiest way is by doing a search by brand. :D

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 10:55 AM
I think I got it fixed! :confused: Thanks!

BTW, since someone ASKED, the cool paper & stuff, came from mousememories.com. It's exclusively for them by a company called zatara. If you want to find it on the website, the easiest way is by doing a search by brand. :D

Hi again! You may need to re-post the link... it may be different now, that you fixed it - the old one still comes up w/ just the one picture.

Thanks for the info re: where you got stuff... I'll have to check it out!! :thumbsup:

jiifigment
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
[img=http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/26/27/7/2/79/2766702790098312828MTfYqQ_th.jpg] (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554901161kLQpHj)

3rd times the charm??? Or 3 strikes I'm out! LOL! :pout:

Patricia
10-17-2006, 11:19 AM
That link worked!

Great albums everyone!

I used to scrap. I even used to teach in a shop.. then I got busy. :(

I'm behind two Disney trips already and a friends birthday present as well. Thanks for posting this, I really miss it and hopefully this will encourage me (to find time) to get back at it.

Dsnygirl
10-17-2006, 11:20 AM
[img=http://thumb8.webshots.net/t/26/27/7/2/79/2766702790098312828MTfYqQ_th.jpg] (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554901161kLQpHj)

Hi! Yes, they're there now - and WOW!!! Your pages are TERRIFIC!! I esp. love the Everest page... they're awesome. The paper you found is great... I think I have to go shopping.... :blush: You've inspired me to get my pages out...I'm stuck on the MK parade pages, but now maybe I'll push through it!!

Great job on them - thanks for sharing!! Your kids albums are so cool, too - and I saw that you were there for Night of Joy... that's awesome... hope we can do that sometime. :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
10-17-2006, 12:00 PM

Your pages are wonderful!! And I have to laugh - you've given me some great ideas as I just ordered (and received!) some of the same paper that you used!! :D :mickey: Thanks for sharing!!

conorsmom2000
10-18-2006, 07:05 AM

Melissa, your pages are awesome - I can't believe that it was your first book!! Gives me hope that my first book will come out ok!! :mickey: I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Now a question (and remember, I'm a newbie!!) What kind of album do you guys use? This album (my first) is a creative memories one, but the one thing I don't like is that all the pages have like an "edge" to them (the word I really want to use escapes me at the moment) - so, though the pages are 12 x 12, every 12 x 12 paper I use has to be trimmed to fit on the page. Are all albums like this, or just CM??

(Thanks for giving us a sticky on this topic!!) :mickey:

Caroleh
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
It's a CM thing. I don't like the fact that you have to trim the pages either. I prefer CMs books because of the straps. I don't like the posts because I find that if you have to add several new pages the posts aren't as staple as the straps. I'm redoing my Disney book right now because I had a book with posts and it was very unstable. My BIL dropped it and it came apart, so I redid it with books with the straps. The only bad part is, the way I did my pages I can't trim the pages to fit in properly, but it still looks good.

jiifigment
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
I agree with Carol. It's a CM thing. I went to my local hobby store and bought a little 12" paper trimmer. It doesn't have to be 12" both directions, just one. You can get one from CM now, too. It is really easy to trim the paper, but you're right it's annoying.

I've tried other albums, and I was never AS happy with the results. I figure if I'm going to put all this time and money into something, I want something I'm completely satisfied with when it's done.

I'm going to try out the new imprinting service they offer this time! I wanted a Disney album, but not in red, so I ordered the light blue one and I'm having it imprinted with the Mickey ears on the cover and the spine. I'll post pics when I get it back, but it will be a couple weeks. :bored: I will be impatiently waiting!

P.S. I think it's called Jeeping. :geek2: It's meant to keep the pages from getting worn at the edges from page turning, and it's effective, but inconvenient!

conorsmom2000
10-18-2006, 10:14 AM
I agree with Carol. It's a CM thing. I went to my local hobby store and bought a little 12" paper trimmer. It doesn't have to be 12" both directions, just one. You can get one from CM now, too. It is really easy to trim the paper, but you're right it's annoying.
I did buy a 12 inch trimmer (okay, I'm so obsessed with my new hobby I bought two - a straight edge one, and a wavy one!! :blush: ) The straight edge one is not CM, though (the wavy one is) and I have a hard time using it. Being so new to this, and having to measure how much to trim, and get it straight, has been a struggle for me - I've started buying extra paper just in case I goof (or I cover up with a border). I do like the CM album's a lot, but this trimming is a pain.

I've also heard the posts can be a problem, so I'll definitely stick to the straps (and probably the CM albums). Thanks for the idea about imprinting! I do have the red Disney album, which I'm using for a 2005 trip, but I'll need a different album for our 2006 trip - since I think they still only have the red, the imprinting might be a good idea!

You guys make me want to scrap all day and not get anything else done!! :D I think we might need to ask Carol for a scrapping smilie!! :blush:

DisneyNaut
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Oh my!! I love this thread! What beautiful albums everyone has! I started scrapbooking about 2 yrs ago. I have 3 CM 12x12 albums completed and have been working on a Heritage Album for my grandparents. We have a group that meets only once a month for 4-8 hrs at a time. We all wish we could get together more. I am very much behind in my scrapbooking. With 4 children I don't know if I will ever catch up, LOL. I do however, have 2 Disney vacation albums. I try to do the vacations right away, so the memories are fresh.

I am so impressed by everyone's albums. Mine are pretty simple. I guess I'm just trying to get as much done as quickly as possible since I feel so far behind.

Dsnygirl, I'm like you with all the pictures. My CM rep always is amazed at how many pictures I can squeeze on a page and still make it look good. I also tend to want to create a page for every little event, which is probably why I am so behind. To give you an idea about how far behind I am, my twins are 2.5yrs old and all I have done so far is their baptism, plus I'm not caught up with my older DD's school yrs, PLUS, I haven't even done 1 Christmas page!!!! UGH! It's all good though, I have plenty to keep me busy, haha.

Thanks for starting the thread, this will be a fun one to check in on!!!

Caroleh
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
:D I've taken some Disney stickers and stuck hem to the front of my albums. I like them better then ones you can buy. I'll see if my DH will let me upload some pictures onto his laptop to show off some of my pics. My desktop is in the shop right now getting a new motherboard. If he lets me I'll get it done tomarrow after work. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Now a question (and remember, I'm a newbie!!) What kind of album do you guys use? This album (my first) is a creative memories one, but the one thing I don't like is that all the pages have like an "edge" to them (the word I really want to use escapes me at the moment) - so, though the pages are 12 x 12, every 12 x 12 paper I use has to be trimmed to fit on the page. Are all albums like this, or just CM??

(Thanks for giving us a sticky on this topic!!) :mickey:

:) Okay - since you've actually got a CM consultant on this thread (me :blush: ) I'll give you their scoop on the "edges" down the side ot their pages. Besides reinforcing the page and strengthening it, it also keeps the pages from all laying on top of one another when the album is closed, allowing air to flow between the pages to protect the pictures and paper, etc. Pretty cool, eh? ;)

Obviously, since I do CM now (it's been about a year), theirs are the only albums I use these days... but I have to say - I've used a lot of the same type of albums that are out there in craft stores and the like, and none have been as good as CM's. They're just more durable, and since they have a lifetime guarantee, you're set if anything goes wrong. (Okay - I'll stop sounding like a consultant now... ;) )

Anyway - that's why the edges are on the pages - does make it a pain to trim the edges off 12x12 paper that isn't CM paper, but once you get used to doing that, it's a piece of cake!!

Glad you all are loving this thread - I am too!! I LOVE seeing everyone's pages... wish I had more time right now to be scrapping... things are a bit crazy around here.

Bring on the pages, everyone!! :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
What a great thread! All the albums that have been shared are great! :thumbsup: I've definately got some ideas from looking at what others have done. So far I've scrapped my wedding album, 2 Disney albums, one album of kid pics, and an album of old family photos. Now I'm playing catch up. I have so many pictures that are waiting to be scrapped. I may never be caught up. :crazy:

Dsnygirl
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
You guys make me want to scrap all day and not get anything else done!! :D I think we might need to ask Carol for a scrapping smilie!! :blush:

Boy do I know THAT feeling!! :D I think a scrapping smilie would be a GREAT idea!! Talk about combining two addictions... :blush:

MsMin
10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Okay I did it!! I photographed my scrapbook to share. My camera battery ran out on the last shot (story of my life) So there are only 59 pics but the 60th is more of the same of the 75 mickey statues.
As you can see I tend to rush it b/c my pics aren't always cut straight. I should invest in a cutter. :blush:
Here's the link: http://family.webshots.com/photo/2565643200083799695YfumKn

Dsnygirl
10-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Okay I did it!! I photographed my scrapbook to share. My camera battery ran out on the last shot (story of my life) So there are only 59 pics but the 60th is more of the same of the 75 mickey statues.
As you can see I tend to rush it b/c my pics aren't always cut straight. I should invest in a cutter. :blush:

:mickey: Beth, your album is great!!! I love all the pictures you're able to get on one page... that's my kind of scrapping. :) Your Christmas pictures make me want to go there in Dec so much.... :( Thanks for sharing your album!! :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
10-19-2006, 07:39 AM
:) Okay - since you've actually got a CM consultant on this thread (me :blush: )

Blythe, I forgot you said you were a CM consultant! Do you like it? When I went to my first CM party I knew I was hooked and ended up buying that whole kit that they sell, with all the tools & carrying bag - I'm so glad that I did!! While I do tend to get my stickers & paper elsewhere, I do love their tools!

Beth, your album is awesome!! I love the "look at the castle" page!! :mickey: You can see your kids have a blast at Disney!!

Beth's comment about needing a cutter made me wonder - what is your favorite scrapping tool? Mine is probably my CM personal trimmer - definitely the one I use the most.

I also wonder - does anyone have one of the die cut machines (cricut, wisblade, sizzix...) that you can use to make your own letters/titles? I've been toying with getting the wishblad (well, asking Santa for it) but they are hefty investments!!

Caroleh
10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
I also wonder - does anyone have one of the die cut machines (cricut, wisblade, sizzix...) that you can use to make your own letters/titles? I've been toying with getting the wishblad (well, asking Santa for it) but they are hefty investments!!

:mickey: I have a Quickutz and I LOVE it...I was thinking about stopping at my fave scrapbooking store after work and picking up a few more dies for it. I used a few in my Disney book, but used them more in my DD book and my brother's family book. :)

As for my favorite tool, my personal trimmers and my quickutz

DisneyNaut
10-19-2006, 09:29 AM

Beth, I love your album!! It's great to see other people using a ton of pictures!! Maybe I will have to spend some time to get some of my pages up here. It won't be too soon, since all the kids are home because of our storm over here, but I will try next week.

Keep sharing!! This is great!

jiifigment
10-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Ms Min - LOL! 999 HM photos but there's room for 1000! :funny: I'm AMAZED at how many pics you can fit on a page! You do a great job. :notworth:

My favorite tool is definitely my CM cutting system! I LOVE being able to do ovals, circles, etc without having to actually cut them with scissors! With scissors they end up kitty whompus...:scratch:

Keep posting the pics guys, this is great inspiration!

Momof2boys
10-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I have our first trip (June 2004) complete. I'll be working on our May 2005 trip on Saturday during an all day scrapbooking event. That will leave me with my October 2005 & our trip next week to work on.

I'm behind on my Disney books because I try to keep the boys "life" books up to date.

tyandskyesmom
10-19-2006, 02:37 PM
WOW! You guys have great albulms.

I have been scrapbooking since Ty was a baby, so almost 8 years now. At this point in time I have a ton of paper, stickers, etc... and PICTURES waiting for a book! I think I did up until about when Ty was 2 or 3 and then periodically here and there...like I have started May 2006 WDW trip but not done yet (and it was only 3 nights long!). I tend to start out great and then run out of steam (not to mention time!). The poor girl child! Not only does she not have anywhere near as many pictures but she has almost no pictures in any book that is completed (I did start when she was born but fell off a few days later!). She looks throught the books that are done and on the shelf which are from years before she was even thought of and says "Where's me?"...especially the Disney ones!

I'm not up enough on the digital age to post pictures of any of our albulms but if I ever figure it out, I'd love to share them with you guys!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can at least finish May 2006 before our next trip in 35 days!

Caroleh
10-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay, I finally got a few pictures of my scrapbook uploaded. :blush: I took over 350 pictures and they are in 2 albums. My flash showed up in some of the pics...that's what happens in adark apartment on a dreary day!!! :D

**UPDATE**Here's the link:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2103412430093439642GJdtFG**** I just fixed the link

Dsnygirl
10-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Blythe, I forgot you said you were a CM consultant! Do you like it? When I went to my first CM party I knew I was hooked and ended up buying that whole kit that they sell, with all the tools & carrying bag - I'm so glad that I did!! While I do tend to get my stickers & paper elsewhere, I do love their tools!

I do like it! I used to be a Longaberger consultant (baskets, etc) but am not really a "home show" kind of person - I get very uncomfortable feeling like I'm trying to "convince" people to buy something!! So, this is perfect for me - I kind of "fell" into it by accident!! I decided to buy a kit when I wanted to get my pictures caught up last fall, and then thought, gee, for the price - I may as well get the whole consultant kit, and then after I use my discount a few times, I'll back out if I don't like it. Well, instead, once friends of mine found out what I was doing, they wanted in - so we started scrapping here at my house once or twice a week - and it just took on a life of it's own!!

I don't just use CM stuff... I do use their albums exclusively, and their tools, but paper, stickers, etc., I get wherever I find stuff I like!!

Beth's comment about needing a cutter made me wonder - what is your favorite scrapping tool? Mine is probably my CM personal trimmer - definitely the one I use the most.

Hmmm... I think my favorite tool is my CM personal trimmer, as well, although I do love the trimmer and the cutters... but the personal trimmer is so versatile, and I have the new one - with the drawer - so it holds stuff for me, too.

Welcome to everyone new to the thread - this is so much fun - can't wait to see more albums and pictures - and :fingers: :fingers: luck being sent to tyandskyesmom for that album before you go - you go, girl!! :D

Christine
10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
I used to be a Longaberger consultant (baskets, etc)

So was I! I LOVE Longaberger! Do you use any of yours to store your scrapbook stuff? I have thought about buying the desktop organizer for mine. I do keep some things in my magazine basket and my button basket.

I had to stop selling Longaberger b/c I was a total addict! I was "feeding my own need" and losing money like crazy! :blush:

Caroleh
10-19-2006, 05:17 PM
So was I! I LOVE Longaberger! I had to stop selling Longaberger b/c I was a total addict! I was "feeding my own need" and losing money like crazy! :blush:

I love Longaberger also...I haven't found anyone up here in Canada that sells it. (I'm an American, living up here for the past 8 years) Which is probably a good thing, I think the DH would kill me if I fed another addition. When they came out with their pottery I bought the milk/water pitcher. It now holds the change for my Disney trip. :mickey: (I had to get Disney somehow into this!!!

One of these years I need to get my pictures in albums from vacations with my ex done. Most of my pics are up to date except those. The other thing I want to work on is a book of me...I want to call it Me from A to Z. The reason I want to do this, is I'm always the one behind the camera, plus my DD is in the US and if she ever has any kids, they wouldn't really know me, so this would be for them. It's really hard to think of things for every letter!!! :blush:

Christine
10-19-2006, 06:04 PM
The other thing I want to work on is a book of me...I want to call it Me from A to Z. The reason I want to do this, is I'm always the one behind the camera, plus my DD is in the US and if she ever has any kids, they wouldn't really know me, so this would be for them. It's really hard to think of things for every letter!!! :blush:

That is a great idea! I really like that!

Caroleh
10-19-2006, 06:09 PM
That is a great idea! I really like that!

I won't say what my staff and DH says what the letter "B" should be....but they all laugh when they say it!!!

MsMin
10-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Carol your album is great. I love the "Walt" font.

I bought a cutter today so my pics will be straighter. I do everything on the computer as you can tell.
If anyone wants a file of any of my scanned disney stuff let me know. As you can probably see I scan everything and put it in.
I had periods of weariness when working on it. Some days I through it together and other times I gave each pic a boarder. I'm finished 2004. It's much smaller. I have to go "charge my camera battery" ;)
I've never been to a scrapbook store, just Walmart and Hobbylobby. I'm afraid if I go I'll never come back home or at least won't return w/ money.

Caroleh
10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Beth!!. I miss Hobby Lobby :( Visiting Micheals and my fave scrapbooking store breaks me everytime I go. After work today, I went to my fav scrapbooking store and bought more dies for my quickutz...Let's just say I bought more then I earned today!!!

I used my computer alot. Somedays I have good handwriting somedays, it's really bad, so to keep it neat, I always do my journaling on the computer. I also downloaded different Disney clip art to make into stickers for my pages. I find it easier then trying to find the right stickers to buy.

conorsmom2000
10-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Beth!!. I miss Hobby Lobby :( Visiting Micheals and my fave scrapbooking store breaks me everytime I go.
Tell me about it!!

Now remember, I only started scrapbooking about two months ago....the email I sent out below will show how it quickly turned into an obsession. I was waiting for some of my new CM stuff to come in, so I thought I would take a trip out to AC Moore to get some other stuff so I would be "ready to go" when my other stuff came in, plus, I finally got my pictures from Disney printed out.....

After my first crazy day of shopping and scrapbooking, I sent the email below out to my scrapping friends, sisters and sister in law (This was on 9/7). (My friend Christine referenced in the email is the one who got me started by having the CM party)....tell me I don't have an obsession!!!!

So, today started out innocently enough.....I planned to work, do laundry, dishes....oh...and take a quick run to AC Moore. My pictures of Disney will be ready at Costco today, so I just needed to pick up the archival spray (for ticket stubs, etc.), then I would be all set to start my scrapbook. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

So, I go to AC Moore....and, just as last time, within minutes I was cursing Christine (sorry!) for getting me into this craziness! While walking around <slowly....oh so slowly....> I came upon the scrapbooking frames I heard Christine tell Jessica about. I had mentioned to Christine that I wanted one too, as after 9 years, I finally felt the urge to do something with my <our> Wedding invitation and those frames seemed to fit the bill. So, I threw one in my basket. But then.....I realized....well, I needed paper, to coordinate with my invitation. And stickers! I needed Wedding stickers! Wait....what are these? Rub on's? Yes! I need rub on's.... Somehow, my $15 can of spray cost $86!! Something is very wrong at AC Moore! :confused: ;)

So I drive <race> home and lay out my page.....I love it! It looks great! Just need my 12 inch trimmer. Oh when oh when will my trimmer be in?? Hmmmm...I really like how the page looks....I have all my stuff out all over the table.....I can't hold back, it's killing me!

Off to Rag Shop I go - I need a 12 inch trimmer and I need it NOW!! In my haste, I was just about out of the driveway when I realized I'd left the front door wide open! OOOPS!!! :blush: Okay, shut and lock the door (what if someone were to steal my scrapbooking stuff???) and I'm on my way!

Yea! Rag Shop has a 12 inch trimmer - only $20! Woo hoo!! But wait.....they have stickers......Disney stickers......Disney stickers that I don't have......!!!!!!!! Score! Into the basket they go! (hmmm....why did I pick up a basket when I only went for one thing?? Must ponder that....) :crazy:

Now, my $20 trimmer cost $60!! Something is also very wrong at Rag Shop. :scratch: As I hand over my credit card, I casually ask if they are hiring so I can support my habit...... (note: hide all receipts from Mike!)

Now, it is 2:15 and my page is done.....my laundry is not, my work is not, my dishes are not....my gosh, I have not even eaten yet today!!!!!....But my frame is done!! :encore:

And that is my story for today!!

Yep, scrapbooking stores are scary places for me!! My friends still laugh at me for that email, though, they can all relate!!

Caroleh
10-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey, Jen...wait until you buy two different xyron sticker makers :secret: instead of the archival spray..it's not as messy and doesn't have the smell. I have one I can use for larger stuff...for the cardmaking(does a inside square perfectly also pictures..but I use the mounting sqares for those..cheaper) and a smaller sticker maker for my letters for the Quickutz.

I joke about fabric fairies living in quilt shops, I think there's also a scrapbooking fairy that lives in scrapbooking stores...these fairies make things just jump into your hands!!! :D

Dsnygirl
10-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Uh oh, Jen... you sound like me.... I could have so easily sent out that e-mail!! :blush: I think I've been wrung up wrong in every store I've been to!! I COULDN'T have spent that much!! Stickers just fall into the basket so easily... and that paper - it's too cute - it might not be here next time... :D

I was just like you guys with Longaberger... excpet I got a discount!! BAD idea!! I do use my baskets a lot - and yes, I do have some of my scrapbooking stuff in them... the large storage solutions and the magazine basket both have paper and pages, etc. in them. ;)
I'm trying really hard to not look at their Christmas baskets, etc., this year.... :(

Carol, I love your idea of the album about you... I'm always behind the camera, too, and have to try to remember to ask my DH to take a few pictures of the girls and I, etc., when we're out!! Let us know if you ever start it!! And your album is great!!!! I just went and looked at it... I love all the cropped edges. I rarely do that - I get so ahead of myself - but they look awesome!! :thumbsup:

I am SOOO behind... I still have to finish my Disney album... then I've got our family album that's not any further than March (and I'm determined to have it done before the new year starts - somehow!! :dizzy: ) I need to get going on my DD's school albums... I was going to try to have DD8 caught up before DD5 started school... oops... and then there's that Christmas album I can't seem to get caught up on... :faint:

If only I could take a week off and send everyone else on vacation... :D

jiifigment
10-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Great pages, Carol! I really need to remember to take RESORT photos! For some stupid reason, I always think I'll do it "later!" The other place I always forget is restaurants...unless they have characters.

Have you guys found any great online photos? This time I took some pics that didn't turn out that great, but I found I could replace them with ones I found online! Worked great, and really filled in some gaps! ;)

My husband thinks it's just weird, but to me it made the album MUCH better. What do y'all think???

Caroleh
10-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Have you guys found any great online photos? This time I took some pics that didn't turn out that great, but I found I could replace them with ones I found online! Worked great, and really filled in some gaps! ;)

My husband thinks it's just weird, but to me it made the album MUCH better. What do y'all think???

I haven't taken photos from online, but I did take the description of the Grand Floridian and the Tree of life from online. Also clip art for fill ins. I have a digital camera, so if I don't like a picture I delete it and take a new one :D

I had taken pictures of the resort because we won the trip and when I told friends where we were staying, they wanted to see pictures of it. When I go back next year, I know I'll be taking pictures again of the resort because I love the theming of the resorts!!!

PeachyGal
10-20-2006, 09:50 AM
OK OK!! You guys have inspired me!! Here I sit at work catching up on the scrapbooking thread, hoping for some type of illness so that I can bolt out of here. My crop table is a mess! A HUGE mess. I've been meaning to get to it, but you know... there's football, work, and more football (DS season is over next weekend). The creative juices are really flowing and I'm stuck at work! :(

I love all the albums!! My very first album ever was a Disney CM album that I was talked into buying over the phone by a very persuasive CM consultant (long story). We used the album as our autograph book and then when we got home, I really didn't have a consultant so I did nothing with it for awhile. When I finally did get invited to a CM party, I bought the "man" kit (is it still called that??). My DH almost choked when I came home with it. And the rest is history....

That was 5 years ago and I still love every minute of it. I am behind because of life. Life gets in the way. I need to do our 05 Disney vacation, catch up on the sports books, catch up on the life book, and the 06 vacation (hopefully in that order).

You will also find with my books that I like pictures on my pages. The more pictures I can fit, the happier I am. I hate having to decide what pictures to have developed from my digital files. I want them all!! But I do usually pick and choose the best ones and use them. The rest I have for future reference.

Thanks for starting this thread! I can see a very low work productivity day ahead for me as I surf the web and see what new Disney scrapbook stuff I need! :thedolls:

One quick question.... I have a 12" trimmer from CM - the blue one that you lay on top of the picture and then use the little cutter on. Is that the one you guys were referring to to cut the paper? If so, what is the secret??? I don't usually use paper, but the albums on here look SOOOO GREAT! That I think I'm going to start. I've done it a few times, but I am by no means an expert at getting that paper right.

tyandskyesmom
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
What do you guys use for sticking pictures to the page? What about the other things?

I use the double sided squares (for the pictures and a lot of the other things) and glue stick but I really don't like the way the glue stick dries. Is there another way of doing that?

I have thought about a sticker maker but I have not known anyone who has one to see it in action and know if it is something I would use.

34 more days! (till my next WDW trip which also means 34 more days to finish that May 05 book, and football, and tae-kwan-do, and Cub Scouut, and DH birthday, and my birthday, and Halloween, and school and work, and this is looking really bad for the scrapbook!)

Caroleh
10-20-2006, 06:48 PM
What do you guys use for sticking pictures to the page? What about the other things?

I use the double sided squares (for the pictures and a lot of the other things) and glue stick but I really don't like the way the glue stick dries. Is there another way of doing that?

I have thought about a sticker maker but I have not known anyone who has one to see it in action and know if it is something I would use.

I use the squares for my pictures and squares behind my pictures. I use one of my 2 sticker makers for letters or die cuts from my Quickutz or clip art or even things I make on my computer. Sometimes I'll use peel n stick tape, if I run out of my squares. I started with one sticker maker for my rubberstamping and ended up with the second one for the scrapbooking.

I live with the motto, she who dies with the most wins...and I'm determined to win!!!! :D

Christine
10-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I have been really needing to change adhesives. Good to hear what you all like.

Does anyone else do a calendar book (just one book per year?)

Caroleh
10-20-2006, 08:37 PM
I have been really needing to change adhesives. Good to hear what you all like.

Could you please explain a calendar book? It sounds like something I may "need" to do. :D

Dsnygirl
10-20-2006, 11:29 PM

I use my tape runner - it's a CM thing, but they also have them in the stores, although I haven't honestly found one that works as well as CM's. They JUST updated to a new one this month - so I can't tell you how good that one is - but the old version is awesome, so I'm hoping the new one is even better. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a little hand-held device that has a roll of double sided tiny tape strips inside - you roll it over the back of a picture or piece of paper and the little strips stick to the picture (or paper) and then you put them on the page. It's super fast, and you only need to use a little in each corner, or down the sides of a piece of paper, and they hold SUPER well.

I also use double sided squares, but only when I'm using large pieces of paper or extras for the page like maps or ticket stubs, etc.

One quick question.... I have a 12" trimmer from CM - the blue one that you lay on top of the picture and then use the little cutter on. Is that the one you guys were referring to to cut the paper? If so, what is the secret??? I don't usually use paper, but the albums on here look SOOOO GREAT! That I think I'm going to start. I've done it a few times, but I am by no means an expert at getting that paper right.

I'm not sure what you mean by "laying the trimmer on top of the picture and using the little cutter" - I have CM's 12" trimmer, too, but I only use it for paper. You lift up the edge, slide the paper in, then cut it with the moveable blade. Does yours do that? If you're wondering what the personal trimmer is, that's more like a guillotine (sorry - can't find a better term :blush: )... you put the picture on top of the small board, under the edge to measure what you want cut off, and use the blade arm to cut it. (I'm not sure my description is very good... sorry... :blush: )

Do you mean just an album per year for your family? Yes, I do - I'm in the middle of our 2006 one right now. (Well, after I finish my Disney one... ;) ) I find it easier to do them that way, although I do end up duplicating some pictures that may end up in a special album from a trip or something that year. Do you do them that way?

I'm actually in NJ this wknd visitng friends, and brought my Disney albums to show them... they used to live in FL and love Disney.... I can't wait to get back home and work on mine! :D

conorsmom2000
10-23-2006, 12:48 PM
I also use the CM tape runner, and like it very much. I also use double sided photo squares sometimes for larger items, especially corners.

Not to feed anyone's addicition or anything :blush: but I just thought I'd mention that AC Moore is currently having a sale - 40% off on paper & stickers, lots of storage items on sale, as well as a one day sale tomorrow for the Cricut die cutter ($199 vs the $250 it normally is!) Just an fyi!! :D

tesslor
10-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Hello all you scrappers out there!

I too am a scrapbooker. I started last spring. I have been collecting every disney item that I see waiting for our december trip this year. (I don't want to start until I see all the great scrapbooking stuff in disneyworld). I know it seems a little ridiculous. I have a trip from every year that I could be making albums for, but I just want my Disney Albums to be as wonderful as my vacations have been.

Dsnygirl
10-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Not to feed anyone's addicition or anything but I just thought I'd mention that AC Moore is currently having a sale - 40% off on paper & stickers, lots of storage items on sale, as well as a one day sale tomorrow for the Cricut die cutter ($199 vs the $250 it normally is!) Just an fyi!

Oh, you're evil!! :thedolls: I'm getting a Xyron sticker maker from a friend next week... she never uses it, and paid 50% off... whoo hoo!!

I too am a scrapbooker. I started last spring. I have been collecting every disney item that I see waiting for our december trip this year. (I don't want to start until I see all the great scrapbooking stuff in disneyworld). I know it seems a little ridiculous. I have a trip from every year that I could be making albums for, but I just want my Disney Albums to be as wonderful as my vacations have been.

I did the same thing, and it's not ridiculous at all!! I bought all sorts of Disney stuff before we left!! :blush: Welcome to the thread... glad to have you here!! Have fun shopping!! :D

tesslor
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM

Jen,

I have a sizzix machine and a xyron machine. I love the xyron. It was much cheaper than the cricut, and the picture books are cheaper than the cricut disks. It is much slower going than the sizzix, but for the value you cant beat it. I get a whole alphabet, large and small case, that you can make into 3 different sizes, plus usually some shapes in one book for about $35.

Tessa

tesslor
10-24-2006, 12:28 PM

I have one of those cutters. I love it. I have one of the older ones that is straight on one side and wavy on the other. I use it all the time. I bought another 12" trimmer and it is still in the package. What are you having trouble with on the trimmer, I would love to help you out.

I also use the creative memories trimmers, you can't beat them. I love the 12" trimmer with the little round razors, and the personal trimmer.

I am a new TLC consultant, so I am currently using alot of TLC products. Mostly papers and kits. I got into it mainly for the discount. I can admit that I am a paper junkie. I have to have everything that I see. Every Disney paper that I have ever seen I purchased. I have the sticker problem as well. I am not sure that I will ever be able to use all the Disney stickers that I have purchased, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

Dsnygirl
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
:D I'm excited... life has been very hectic and busy, and I haven't had much time for scrapbooking, either personal or my CM business. But, one of my closest friends and her family (3 DD's my 2 DD's ages and a great DH my DH loves to be with) are coming out for the day on Sunday, and we have nothing planned but SCRAPPING!! Yeah!! I also have friends from work coming over for 3 or 4 hours on Monday to scrap... it's our monthly scrap day, but I was afraid I'd have to cancel... so I ought to get a TON done between Sunday and Monday!! I so badly want to finish my Disney album, even though I'm loving working on it... but I really need to try to finish our family 2006 album, too, before it's 2007!! Oh, and then there's my girls' school albums.... sigh... :blush:
Anyway - I'm looking forward to some relaxing time... hope the rest of you are finding some, too!! :crazy:

DrivingSideways
10-26-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting until my trip in December to start buying more Disney scrapbook supplies. I vaguely remember going into the store at DD the last time I was there, but wasn't into scrapping yet.

As far as adhesives, I used to use the photo corners because I have a tendency to change my mind on some things. I did my first scrapbook with these because it was my very first venture and since it was my Study Abroad book, I was hesitant to glue them. I'm actually really glad that I did this because I've learned some better techniques and just gotten better in general, so I've redone some pages. I guess it's a little vain to have done that, but that's the one that everyone wants to see since most of my friends have never been to Europe. I just want to do my memories justice.

I attended my sorority's national convention this summer and was lucky enough to participate in a session with a sister who has a master's degree in Library Science. She specializes in archiving, so I learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. She mentioned something that I think was called "blotter paper." She recommended using it under anything like tickets, brochures, etc. that might not be acid/lignin free. Does anyone know what it might be called and where I could find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Caroleh
10-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Now I know I'm getting excited about my next trip, even though its 399 days away....I'm going to 1 of my 2 favorite scrapbook stores today ..this one has a bunch of Disney stuff. I need to get some things for my next scrapbook :D Someone should keep me away from the scrapbooking stores. :mickey:

Tiggerish
10-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Great thread! I am a beginning scrapper and would love to talk about the two scrapbooks I made to commemorate Disney trips with my Mom (her 70th bday) and MIL for F&W Fest trip last year.

But first, since so many of you have talked about stocking up on Disney supplies, I was just at the joann.com website to view the sale flyer for my local store and discovered that they are having 30% off Disney Scrapbooking supplies this week. What's more, TODAY ONLY, they have a coupon code for Free Shipping on an order of $25 or more.

Not that I'm advertising for them, but I thought I'd pass on the news!! I'm going shopping now :D

Dsnygirl
10-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Great thread! I am a beginning scrapper and would love to talk about the two scrapbooks I made to commemorate Disney trips with my Mom (her 70th bday) and MIL for F&W Fest trip last year.

But first, since so many of you have talked about stocking up on Disney supplies, I was just at the joann.com website to view the sale flyer for my local store and discovered that they are having 30% off Disney Scrapbooking supplies this week. What's more, TODAY ONLY, they have a coupon code for Free Shipping on an order of $25 or more.

Not that I'm advertising for them, but I thought I'd pass on the news!! I'm going shopping now :D

Great news! think I'll sign off and go shopping, too... :D

Caroleh
10-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Yesterday I went to both of my favorite scrapbooking stores. The first one I went to carries Disney items. I bought 8 sheets of cardstock and a bunch of disney stuff which only cost me $2.30 because I turned in my scrapbookers point card!!!! :mickey: The other store I bought more dies for my quickutz. :D My DH was teasing me that I'll have my next disney album done before we even go!!!!! :blush:

Dsnygirl
10-31-2006, 03:15 PM
:( I was so excited last week, because I thought that between Sunday and Monday, I was going to be able to finish my Disney album... we had friends coming on Sunday with their kids to play - the dads together, the kids together, and the mom & I scrapbooking... well, that fell apart b/c we had to show our house in the middle of the day, so Shelly and I got maybe an hour to ourselves. Then, I had to cancel my Monday time to again clean and show the house... (I wouldn't have minded, considering the fact we are trying to sell.. :blush: ) but the people we basically put our life on hold for turned out to be a family that really wasn't serious about the house - theirs isn't even on the market - just wanted to see it (3 times!!)

So - needless to say, I have a VERY clean house - but I'm sad, since I'd rather have a living room covered with scrapbooking scraps!! ;)

Sigh... guess I'll try again later this week!! :fingers:

Caroleh
10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
:D Hey, Blythe , you need to tell your agent that you can only show the house to scrapbookers, because they would be the only ones to understand. :mickey:

benny
10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
I have never done scrap booking before but this thread has made me want to do it! I will be in WDW in early January and have decided to scrap book my trip (actually we are also going to LA and doing a caribbean cruise so I plan to scrap book everything).

My questions is do any of you have any advice on the sorts of things I should look out for to buy to make my scrap book look great?

I'd really appreciate any tips you may be able to give.

Jenny :)

Caroleh
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
acid-free ligen(sp)free paper.--it can be patterned or plain cardstock, EMBELLISHMENTS they can make or break a scrapbook. embellishments can be stickers, ticket stubs, etc.... Remember to write down the little things for your journaling....this is what I have trouble with because I hate my handwritting. Also take more then enough pictures, if you don't like the whole picture you can cut around things or make it into a mosiac. I'm sure someone else can give more advice.

Another thing, go to your local scrapbooking store. You can get tons of ideas there or they can help out. If you have a chance, go to a Creative memories party...you get to work on a page there. That is what got me started...I think the consulants inject you with some sort of never wearing out drug :D

Dsnygirl
10-31-2006, 09:39 PM
If you have a chance, go to a Creative memories party...you get to work on a page there. That is what got me started...I think the consulants inject you with some sort of never wearing out drug :D

:D No - we would never do that!! (Now, where'd I put that needle??? ;) ) :D

My questions is do any of you have any advice on the sorts of things I should look out for to buy to make my scrap book look great?

I'd really appreciate any tips you may be able to give.

The number one biggest thing to do is to make sure you have a good, solid album - not a post bound album, but one that uses straps to hold the pages in. They're recognizable when you open them b/c the pages have 2 staples on the hinge, and are "strapped in" to the album. This way, you can be sure your pages and pictures are protected, and solid.

Like Carol said, acid and lignen free paper - it protects your pictures and embellishments from fading (The acid in paper causes the pictures to break down - the lignen is actually the pulp of the paper, which discolors it, much like how newspapers yellow in the sun) Make sure all your cropping papers and stickers, etc., are also acid free.
The best tools to have - a GREAT pair of scissors, a corner cutter/rounder, something to crop your pictures with (yes, you really have to cut them - trust me -) and good markers. The rest is just extras - punches, paper cutters, all the fun stuff - great to have, but not as important as the tools to make those pictures shine.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll find TONS of great stuff at WDW, and check out your local craft store (yes, I really said that, even being a CM consultant... :blush: ) and keep asking for advice - it's how we all got started!! :thumbsup:

Flower
11-01-2006, 01:39 PM
What do you guys use for sticking pictures to the page?

GLUE DOTS!!!!
I use every size and style - I love them!!!

I usually stock up when I am in the States as they are 1/2 price there compared to here in Canada.

conorsmom2000
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Okay Scrappers, I need your input! We're doing a basket raffle at Conor's school in December (kind of like a mini-tricky tray). Each class mom has to put together a basket with a theme - so, Mrs. Quinn's first grade is going to do a scrapbooking basket! :D I have to ask the kids in the class to either bring in scrapbooking items or donate $$ towards the basket. I know Con's class isn't great at donating so I've already hit my Dad and brother up (as I haven't hit them up for any other fund raiser!) so I've already got enough to buy a $50 gift card to AC Moore. I also have a Disney album that I'm going to donate (it's only a 7 x 7 so too small for my taste! :blush: )

So, I need to put together a list of items as suggestions of what they could bring in for the basket - I'm thinking:

Scissors
punches
paper
tape runner/glue dots
stickers
Anything else that you can think of? I'm going to see if my CM consultant might donate something as well, plus I have a friend who said she'd go through her stash of what she has and probably won't use. I'm hoping that Scrapbooking is a popular enough hobby that the basket will be a hit! :thumbsup:

Caroleh
11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
What about film or a gift card for film, gift card for picture developing, that way if someone has a digital camera they can get them developed instead of printing them off. Pigma markers for journaling, brads or grommets, templates, just a few more ideas!! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
11-08-2006, 12:49 AM
:thumbsup: I don't have a lot of good ideas in addition to what you already have... maybe card stock or the small paper packs of decorated paper they can use for picture borders?? Like Carol said, journaling tools... letter aligner... love the idea of a gift card...

I think your basket is a GREAT idea... don't worry, I'm sure it will be popular!! I know of two women who put similar baskets together for raffles this fall, and they were a HUGE hit!! I'm sure your CM consult. will come through for you... I've done it, most do... and if she doesn't want to, tell me - I will! ;)

Good luck! I'm sure people will love it!

Dsnygirl
11-10-2006, 09:30 AM
:) Can't wait... just had to share... tomorrow I am having an all day "scrapathon" at a friend's house... 10am -5pm... nothin' but scrapbooking for the day... no kids, no errands, no responsibilities!! My DH has the girls, and I've got my stuff packed to go already... if I come home without my Disney album done, I think I'll go nuts!! ;) Only one day left... hopefully not more than 10 pages... here's to hoping inspiration hits and the cropping goes fast!! :laughing:

I'll put the pages on Webshots when they're done...

How's everyone else doing???

conorsmom2000
11-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks so much for the great ideas everyone!! :thumbsup: I've incorporated them into my letter to the parents of Con's class - hopefully they will be responsive to this!

Blythe, that sounds great about tomorrow! My CM rep is having an all day crop tomorrow but I can't make it - too much going on. I've actually gotten stuck and and haven't scrapped in awhile. I'm doing my WL pages and right now I'm trying to do a layout of the Christmas tree(s). The problem is I only have 3 pictures I can use - they won't fit on one page, but I'm not sure if I want to do a 2 page layout (12" x 12") for just 3 pictures. So, I've been toying with what to do with it and haven't gotten motivated to get back to it! Hopefully this weekend I'll get inspired! :mickey:

Have a great time!!

Caroleh
11-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey, Jen, What you could do since you only have 3 pictures, is find some Disney clip art on the web, print them out on acid-free cardstock and add them to pages. :mickey: If I remember right, I had seen some cute clip art for Christmas with the fab five.. :secret: Don't ask me where though...old age is sinking in, or like I always say Brain hiccup.

benny
11-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks Caroleh and dsnygirl for your replies. I will go and have a look at our local scrapbooking shop here and get some ideas. That way I will know, when I see things in your country, whether or not to get them and bring them home or wait till I get back here. I'm sure I will be purchasing lots from the disney stores! I will also make sure that I keep all tickets etc. just in case I want to use these on my pages. :mickey:

When I get back from our trip (we leave New Zealand December 26 and I'm teaching right up to December 22 so won't have any time before we leave) I will make sure to go to some scrap booking classes before I start my scrap book. Something tells me it maybe scrapbooks not scrapbook!. :D

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply :)

Jenny

conorsmom2000
11-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey, Jen, What you could do since you only have 3 pictures, is find some Disney clip art on the web, print them out on acid-free cardstock and add them to pages. :mickey:.

Actually, what I ended up doing was a google image search for the Christmas tree at the Wilderness Lodge and found two that I could use!

So, I managed to get 4 more pages done yesterday and now that's all I want to do all weekend, which just isn't going to happen! But, you can see the new pages here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736) if you want - they are the first few showing in the gallery. I was in kind of a rush, so they are a little blurry! :blush:

mrsgaribaldi
11-18-2006, 12:50 PM
They look great Jen:thumbsup:

Caroleh
11-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I love your pages, Jen....they made me even more excited for my trip in Dec of 07 :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
:mickey: Wow, Jen, those pages are GREAT!! I love the lodge pictures and paper... they're awesome!! Sure makes me look forward to our (hopeful) trip next December! :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
11-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks everyone! :blush: I got another 4 pages done yesterday - but I'm now a little worried about how big this album is going to be! :D I've only just finished the pictures from the Wilderness Lodge, room, etc. - I haven't even started on the park pictures yet! But, I'm glad that I got a lot done now as everything is going to have to put away, at least until after Thanksgiving. Once you get on a roll, though, it's hard to stop!! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
:mickey: I finished my Disney albums!!!

I'm so excited.... I'm actually back to working on our family album... finallY!!

My Disney albums are 28 and 22 pages, respectively... 2 days per album... pretty scarey, 'eh Jen?? :D I can't imagine how many pages a longer trip will be... I will try to upload pics of the pages later today.

I've actually done 16 pages in our family album since Friday... I was in February, and I just finished April. So - hopefully, I can keep it up for a little while before the holidays get into full swing... I'd love to get through the summer before Christmas. Yipes!! :blush: I'll post some of the family pages, too... I'm not sure how they'll be accessed, maybe just after my Disney pages... but when I get them uploaded, I'll let you all know!!

Jen - make sure you post your new pages - I can't wait to see them!! :thumbsup:

goofysbabe
11-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Have finished my first book - trips 1,2,3 :joy: and if I must say so myself they look marvo! Now working on the second book (which was bought for me while at Disney in August as a b-day present). Disney scrapbooks are the only ones I'm doing........just can't seem to get the rest of those silly pics in order and......I'm a bad mom - I don't take pics of all the things I should. I know I'll be :crying: one day. So I'm there with ya!

conorsmom2000
11-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Congratulations to those that have finished their Disney scrapbooks!! That's awesome!

Blythe, I can't wait to see all the pictures - post them soon! :mickey:

You can see my new pages here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736). The newest one's will always be the first to show. Being that I'm a beginner, I'm not always happy with the outcome - but, I have to say, the Towel animal/duck pages that I did I liked a lot! :blush:

tinkgirl07
11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I just discovered this thread and I love it! It took me a whole year to do my disney album! (with school and work and all those type of excuses :) ) I love looking at everyone's books to get ideas. I will try to put some pics up of my album ASAP. I love this new little community of scrappers! :cloud9:

tinkgirl07
11-20-2006, 10:43 PM
See my 2005 Disney scrapbook HERE (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2862754530099375053sKUMbt)

Seasonscraps
11-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I am so excited to find this thread! I am an avid scrapbooker for 4 years now. I have some disney pages done but not in a complete album -- they are scattered pages from a bunch of trips. I will try to get them together to share with you.

I browsed through all the pages posted here and you all do such marvelous work!! We don't take nearly as many pictures so I envy the big albums and multi book trips.

mrsgaribaldi
11-21-2006, 04:04 AM
They look great. I love the pic with tink in your hands:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
:mickey: Hi all... well, I'm hoping these are the links to my new pages... just like before, I'm not too sure if they'll work the first time I post them... I'm not too great at links yet... but if they work, I hope you enjoy them!!

Family album (http://family.webshots.com/album/555734605ULkoXx) ... just a few pages from our 2006 album!!
Disney album (http://family.webshots.com/album/554799497RainVQ) ... the new pictures start on the second page, with the circle pics of the parade!!

Hope these work!!

Caroleh
11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Wow, Blythe, your pages are wonderful.

I wish I could get some pages done. My Disney album went great, now I have past vacations to do..ones with my ex..that I can't get inspired to do. Right now I'm using my personal die cut machine to make my Christmas cards instead.

Dsnygirl
11-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Wow, Blythe, your pages are wonderful.

I wish I could get some pages done. My Disney album went great, now I have past vacations to do..ones with my ex..that I can't get inspired to do. Right now I'm using my personal die cut machine to make my Christmas cards instead.

thanks! I'm kind-of in a lull right now... probably did too many too fast!!

i can imagine it's hard to get excited about doing the pages w/ your ex in them... that's tough... maybe put some cute stickers in his place??? ;)

Make sure you show us your Christmas cards... sounds like a cool idea. :)

Caroleh
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
i can imagine it's hard to get excited about doing the pages w/ your ex in them... that's tough... maybe put some cute stickers in his place??? ;)

Make sure you show us your Christmas cards... sounds like a cool idea. :)

The ex isn't in the pictures...I gave them back to him when he moved out...I was really nice, I split the pictures with him..including ones of our daughter. I think it's just the thought that he was there!!!

I've uploaded a few of my pictures of my cards, here's the link: http://community.webshots.com/album/555949811PWHxwh

Dsnygirl
11-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I've uploaded a few of my pictures of my cards, here's the link: http://community.webshots.com/album/555949811PWHxwh

Wow, Carol - those cards are great!! How long did they take you, and are you doing multiple ones of the same designs?? They are so good... I esp. like the Ho Ho Ho and the sleigh ones. You are very talented.... :thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
11-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Carol!! Your cards are just way too cute!!!!

Caroleh
11-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow, Carol - those cards are great!! How long did they take you, and are you doing multiple ones of the same designs?? They are so good... I esp. like the Ho Ho Ho and the sleigh ones. You are very talented.... :thumbsup:

Those two I've only done one of each, so far. I've been trying 3 of each style. I have 2 styles I'm not crazy about that I didn't scan. I want to do the bears, with one having confetti around with a saying about a party animal.

Thanks Christine!!! Every year I make my cards for my staff and DH's co-workers..this year he said his co-workers aren't getting any, because their not worthy of my work. :blush:

cuteandfluffy
12-06-2006, 03:16 PM

I definitely did that after we got back from our last trip! You would think 2800 pictures (from 7 different cameras!) would be enough, but wouldn't you know, there was stuff we didn't cover! I went online and found good quality pics from both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon (where we didn't take that many pictures because we were busy getting wet!), as well as some pictures of rides and stuff.

My sister thought I was totally strange, but it doesn't bother me - just because I didn't take the picture myself doesn't mean it won't remind me of being there and seeing things myself - and isn't memories what scrapbooks are all about? :D

I've gotten all of the pictures i want printed from our trip (about 600), but it's going to have to wait until after Christmas to start scrapbooking.

Quick question - I bought a scrapbook in the parks (if you've been there recently, it's the one with the wooden cover, and vintage-looking drawings of the parks on the front). Where would I go to get more pages for it? Thanks for the help! I've done some scrapbooking (while I was in college, mostly), but my most time (and money) consuming hobby is quilting... As much time as that takes, it always takes me more time to scrapbook, because I just keep staring at my pictures! :)

Caroleh
12-07-2006, 08:08 AM
but my most time (and money) consuming hobby is quilting... As much time as that takes, it always takes me more time to scrapbook, because I just keep staring at my pictures! :)

Boy, I can relate to the quilting...between that and the scrapbooking, I swear they are eating all my money up. Up here for 100% cotton fabric runs about $16+ a meter(a meter is 39" compared to 36")

This morning I received an email from my favorite scrapbooking store saying they are having a sale on everything in their store..20-70% off. I really NEED to go to the store. Do I really need anything? No, but I HAVE to go!!!:blush:

disneygirls3
12-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I know were you can get more pages for your scrapbook. It's in Monroe and I'm there every weekend :) I can pick you up some if you would like!! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
12-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Blythe, I love the way you incorporate park maps onto your pages!

We're back from our trip and I bought a 12x12 DCL album. I don't particularly like that size so it will be a challenge. Right now, I'm figuring out what was most important to me about the trip and that will lead me to my layouts. All the other pics can go on a CD to be tucked into the book, maybe accompanied by some contact sheets.

I've ordered some prints and will print out everything else here at home. I wish Santa would bring me a new printer, but he already brought me a new camera earlier this year.

Don't be afraid to ask on Intercot if anyone has pics of places that you missed a shot of. I have some great pics of the WL tree that I would have gladly shared. And I used some Intercot pics of the Electric Water Parade in my 2002 album.

Since I haven't posted on this thread, I can go on and on (someone shut me up if you have to). You can use archival spray or scan stuff in if they're not acid-free. And I use a Cheetah (glue runner)... I have both sizes (2" and 4"), glue sticks and a Xyron. My preference, however, would be spray glue (out of a can) which harks back to my days working in a graphic design studio.

MsMin
12-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Carole those cards are great. I play w/ making my gift tags but they are just roughly photoshopped b/c I didn't have that much time.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2790698680083799695dKVQLU
I'm still working on the scrap book that I want to give my parents on our upcoming trip. It's been hard since we didn't have a lot of old photos(I'm doing our 40 years of going to Disney). I'm just about to start the 80's w/ tons of pics. I'm hoping to get finished.

Caroleh
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I love your gift cards Beth. I have Photoshop Pro 8. I haven't done much with it for photos yet. I mostly work with tubes for my website.

I was thinking with my trip next year that I might have fun with it. I was thinking about blowing up a picture of TofT, cutting out the center of the picture and using it as a frame for the picture you buy from the ride.

Okay...this is bad...I'm planning next years photos, and I'm not even there yet!!!

MsMin
12-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I blew up and cropped together the wall paper from HM for a background on a page and I have blown up a couple things like figment and SE. I love playing w/ it by my dd who is a graphic artist shutters b/c I don't take advantage of all the options and leave it rough but I don't want to take 3 days to make a gift card. The pop century one was from last year. I just have fun. I have Photoshop CS (Creative Suite)

cuteandfluffy
12-08-2006, 12:14 AM
I know were you can get more pages for your scrapbook. It's in Monroe and I'm there every weekend :) I can pick you up some if you would like!! :thumbsup:

Well, that is convenient... :) I keep forgetting! Are there different kinds? Should I look at what's in there and let you know what kind it is? :D

conorsmom2000
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Okay.....Help!!! :D I have the Creative Memories tape runner (the new one, which I love) and I need to refill it but I'm embarrassed to admit that neither my husband nor I can figure out how the heck to do so! Has anyone used the refills and know how the heck you do it? :blush: Thanks!!

disneygirls3
12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, let me know what is in there and I will see if there is different kinds the next time I go in. :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
12-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Has anyone used the refills and know how the heck you do it? :blush: Thanks!!
Okay, never mind!! I finally figured it out! :D

I just finished putting together my basket for the basket raffle - I wrote out the description, which of course, I scrapped in a school theme to make it eye catching! Conor's class was less than helpful, as no one donated items, and I only received cash donations from about 8 people. But, this is what I ended up with....

$40 Gift Card to A.C. Moore
2 Scrapbooks to Go Albums – includes printed, matted pages, stickers & embellishments! Just add your photos!
1 Disney 7 x 7 Scrapbook album
1 pack of 12 x 12 cardstock paper – multi-color, 70 sheets
1 pack of 12 x 12 cardstock paper – naturals, 25 sheets
1 pack of Mat Stacks – various colors. For matting photos or creating die cuts
1 pair of Creative Memories scissors
1 Creative Memories corner rounder – rounds the corners of your photos for a softer look
1 Creative Memories Fast Formulas Book – for ideas & inspirations
1 Creative Memories Power Pack – “Times of your life” includes papers, stickers, letters, etc.
1 Creative Memories Snap Pack – “ABC” includes die cut mounting paper, stickers, ABC stickers
6 decorative punches
1 tape runner – for adhering photos and paper to scrapbook pages
2 Scrapbook kits – includes paper, stickers, embellishments. Each kit can make 4 pages
3 embellishment kits – various stickers & themes
Various letter stickers & stickers to decorate your pages, including Disney & Birthday themes

The raffle is tomorrow night - I hope it's a success!

DarbyB
12-14-2006, 10:04 AM
to make it easier and more fun for my 5 year old, I printed out favorite shots from our trip in B&W and using a 9X9 album I have made a WDW ABC album.

I have only used the Creative Imaginations and Reminisce (red, gold, white and black).

I have ejoyed this so much and it has been easier than normal.

sleepingbooty
01-20-2007, 05:51 PM

I just pulled up this thread since I'm finally starting my book of our trip last September. Blythe, your pages are great, I plan on stealing lots of your ideas! :D

Dsnygirl
01-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I just pulled up this thread since I'm finally starting my book of our trip last September. Blythe, your pages are great, I plan on stealing lots of your ideas!

Thanks!! Steal away!! :D

Anyone out there been scrapping lately?? I hadn't done much of anything since early November, with the holidays and having our house on the market... it's still on the market, but with the holidays being over, I've had more time lately and have actually completed about 16 pages in our family album for '06. (I'm through July... still have a ways to go... :blush: )

How's everyone else doing??

Caroleh
01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I still have my nephew's graduation to do and now I got new pictures of my grand-niece that still needs to be done, but I have to make 3 quilts before mother's day and a belly-dancing outfit before April 5th, so I guess I'll be sidetracked for awhile.I do have paper and other items already collected for my next Disney albums, even though the trip isn't until Dec!!!

Dsnygirl
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
I still have my nephew's graduation to do and now I got new pictures of my grand-niece that still needs to be done, but I have to make 3 quilts before mother's day and a belly-dancing outfit before April 5th, so I guess I'll be sidetracked for awhile.I do have paper and other items already collected for my next Disney albums, even though the trip isn't until Dec!!!

.... a belly dancing outfit???? :D May I ask what that is for??? Be sure to post some pictures... sounds interesting!! :trio:

Caroleh
02-16-2007, 09:56 AM
.... a belly dancing outfit???? :D May I ask what that is for??? Be sure to post some pictures... sounds interesting!! :trio:

I'm learning to belly dance!!! For our last class and our recital we need to have a full costume!!! My DH is part Moroccan and I thought it would be fun to learn something about his heritage(plus when we were at Epcot I wanted a belly dancing belt just to hang on the wall, he said no because I don't belly dance, so now it's costing him even more)!!!!

We've all been pretty quiet lately, anybody doing anything? Any interesting new buys?

Quickutz is coming out with a machine that you can make diecuts off your computer from any True Type font. I'm sitting here thinking that I have my Walt Disney font on my computer and how great that would be to have that for my next trip....but then again is it worth the $$$. I need to find out more about it. It cost somewhere around $350.

Momof2boys
02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I finished my May 2005 album last month and I'm ready to start on my October 2005 album. We went to an all day Archiver's scrapbooking day last month and they had a lot of cute Disney things. We're going again in March as it's a great day and tons of things get done. After the Oct 05 trip I still have the Oct 06 trip to do but i see a light at the end of the tunnel as I have 8 months until our next trip.

I need to find some time to take pics of them to post.

Caroleh
02-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Since I'm done with my Disney albums, I can't post about Disney, but I just finished 2 pages of me when I was little. If you want to take a peak I posted them here:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/557865366qVXpGV

conorsmom2000
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm glad this thread got started up again!! Hopefully I'll get inspired! I hate to admit it but I haven't scrapped since November - I put my stuff away right before Thanksgiving, knowing I wouldn't have time until after the holidays - but, with all the school stuff, my sisters shower/wedding, etc., I just haven't have time. I keep promising my self that if I finally clear off the "cluttered" part of our dining room table, I'll bring out my scrapping stuff - but, everytime I clear it off, new clutter appears! :confused: :blush:

Carol, I love the pages you did for your scrapbook - they are beautiful!!

Amanda - definitely post pictures when you can - I love looking at everyone elses pages!

Quickutz is coming out with a machine that you can make diecuts off your computer from any True Type font. I'm sitting here thinking that I have my Walt Disney font on my computer and how great that would be to have that for my next trip....but then again is it worth the $$$. I need to find out more about it. It cost somewhere around $350.

That also sounds like the Wishblade, I think, which is what I've been dying to get! But, it's also just as pricey! My friend has the cricut, which is great, but I'm much more of computer person and know I would like to be able to use all the fonts and stuff I already have stored.

Not totally scrapbook related, but I did purchase Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, though I haven't had too much time to play yet. I don't really want to get into digital scrapbooking, but it's great for those that do!!

Caroleh
02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Quickutz is coming out with a machine that you can make die cuts off your computer from any True Type font. I'm sitting here thinking that I have my Walt Disney font on my computer and how great that would be to have that for my next trip....but then again is it worth the $$$. I need to find out more about it. It cost somewhere around $350.

I ended up buying this machine and I love it. You can use dingbats as long as they are true type. I found some Mickey Mouse dingbats which is really fun because there's Mickey with a ghost and some Christmas stuff. I also found a couple of Pooh dingbat, which I haven't downloaded, yet. I was hoping to find Minnie or Donald, which I haven't found. On my pages of me I used my Silhouette (from Quickutz) on it. I really love it, the DH is afraid I'll forget about all my other stuff if I got this. The nice thing is you don't have to buy any cartages for it.

BelleKP
02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I've been working hard to complete my 2006 Disney album, so that I can get back to my 2006 family album! I've really enjoyed working on this album, it's like living the trip over and over again! :cloud9:
I posted some of my pages online (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/album?.dir=e219re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) . . . so if anyone is looking for inspiration, take a peek!
:mickey: :D :mickey:

Caroleh
02-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow, Sarah, your book looks great!!!!

BelleKP
02-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Wow, Sarah, your book looks great!!!!

Thanks Carol! I'm really enjoying working on this album . . . I think I'll be sad when it's finished! :(
And I'm so jealous you invested in Quickcutz! I think it's an absolutley amazing machine! My Girlfriend is trying to convince me to "share" a machine with her . . . I don't know, I may end up hogging it! :cool:

Caroleh
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
And I'm so jealous you invested in Quickcutz! I think it's an absolutley amazing machine! My Girlfriend is trying to convince me to "share" a machine with her . . . I don't know, I may end up hogging it! :cool:

Which Quickutz machine are you looking at? I have all three. I started with the Squeeze, then the revolution and now the Silhoutte. Now that I have the Silhoutte, I'm not sure how much I'll use the other 2.

Pumpkin22
02-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm still scrapping our September of 05' trip! We had over 2000 pictures and I want to include them all becuase it was my first trip to WDW ever! I won't even mention the amount of money I've put into buying paper and stickers and punches and adhesive...yikes! :blush:

I need to get it done because we just started talking about planning our next trip in 08'!

Good luck to all you scrappers out there... I hope your doing better than I am at finishing your albums!

conorsmom2000
02-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I posted some of my pages online (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/album?.dir=e219re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos) . . . so if anyone is looking for inspiration, take a peek!
:mickey: :D :mickey:
Sarah, I just love your pages - they are awesome! I think that was the inspiration I needed to get moving on my albums!! :thumbsup: :mickey:

BelleKP
02-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Sarah, I just love your pages - they are awesome! I think that was the inspiration I needed to get moving on my albums!! :thumbsup: :mickey:

So glad I could help! :D
Good luck on getting going! And I know what you mean about the dining room table :blush:
That's where I scrapbook too! :thumbsup:

Flower
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
We just got back from our Disney trip, I have not scrapped anything yet, but I have a TON to do!!!!

Carol, I bought the Silhouette too! I have only had it a week and have not had a good chance to really sit and play with it, but what I have done I am extremely happy with!

I have been reluctant to purchase any other cutting system (sizzix, cricut, revolution, etc) for the reason that I was afraid I would put so much money into it and to have to keep buying cartridges and fonts, and then get bored with them after awhile.

I am so glad I waited for the silhouette to come out! Yes, it seems like a huge investment at first, but the versatility!

Caroleh
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Carol, I bought the Silhouette too! I have only had it a week and have not had a good chance to really sit and play with it, but what I have done I am extremely happy with!

What really neat about the Sihoutte, is that you can use any true type font that is already on your computer...which I have a few Disney ones and dingbats also can be used..I got to get more downloaded!!!

I want to find the different fonts for each park and area of MK to use for my next WDW trip.

I received a $50 gift certificate from my favorite scrapbooking store, unfortunately they don't sell a lot of Disney stuff, but, boy, is that a lot of paper or more dies for my Quickutz!!!

Flower
03-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I too have a bunch of Disney fonts & dingbats downloaded - I cut out a bunch of letters today with the 'bugs life' font, it was a HUGE hit with my three year old!

Just a question for everyone, how do you sort & store your photos, both paper & digital? I am bad for not backing up my computer, and I have a ton of paper photos in piles. I just bought the Creative Memories photo box today so I am hoping that will alleviate most of the mess; Just curious what everyone else does! I need a system!

Caroleh
03-05-2007, 08:09 AM
After losing all my digitals when the DH decided to reformat my hard drive, I no longer have any digitals. I'm really bad at storing my paper copies...they're in a bag. My more current ones are in an envelope.

Caroleh
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM

Flower, I had gone to a crop on Saturday night and we were discussing the Silhouette. One of the things we talked about was the cost, which we said it was like buying 2 alphabet sets for the squeeze, so with the Silhouette you'd have more alphabets with just the purchase.

Also, I got my newsletter today from Quickest and for a limited time they have 3 free downloads, if you want more information, PM me!!!

Flower
03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Flower, I had gone to a crop on Saturday night and we were discussing the Silhouette. One of the things we talked about was the cost, which we said it was like buying 2 alphabet sets for the squeeze, so with the Silhouette you'd have more alphabets with just the purchase.

Also, I got my newsletter today from Quickest and for a limited time they have 3 free downloads, if you want more information, PM me!!!

That was why I did not buy a squeeze in the past, I knew the cost and I knew I would get bored with only 1 or 2 fonts - plus you are stuck with 1 sized font; That is why I love the S !!!

I got the newsletter too!! I wonder if it is the same one though? A flower, library pocket and 'thanks'.

My only problem so far with it, is that it says if you order fonts you cannot 'share' them with other computers. Well, what happens when I buy a new computer - I guess I would lose any fonts I was to purchase. I don't like that...

Caroleh
03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I got the newsletter too!! I wonder if it is the same one though? A flower, library pocket and 'thanks'.

My only problem so far with it, is that it says if you order fonts you cannot 'share' them with other computers. Well, what happens when I buy a new computer - I guess I would lose any fonts I was to purchase. I don't like that...

That's the same ones.

I think what they mean by 'share' them with another computer is if you take it to use on a friend's computer. For example, you don't have the Silhouette and I bring mine to you house. I think that if you get a new computer, you could copy the downloads from you old computer to your new computer. Give me a few days, I'll see if the DH will let me experiment with his laptop and I'll let you know.

Caroleh
04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey, Flower, I haven't had a chance to try anything yet...DH is being hesitant about me using his laptop...thinks he'll never get it back!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has been scrapbooking lately? We've been really quiet lately. I've finally finish my nephew's grad pictures, finally today finished up my 2006 pics of my grand niece and now working on my DB's family pictures to try to complete their album.

It's really been fun because I've been using my Silhouette. I've used some Mickey Mouse dingbats for my grand niece's Halloween page, along with a Walt Disney script font, for my niece's title page used a M&m font, for their Christmas 2006 used a bell dingbat I downloaded. (that's why the DH is afraid he'll lose his computer!!!)

Flower
04-03-2007, 02:42 PM
The funny thing is, I am currently cutting with my silhouette and figured I would check in while it is slicing away!!!

I have not done much lately, I finished my March design team submission and now have the papers to do my April submission, so that is what I am working on.

I have big plans to work on Benjmin's baby book in the next few days, and I want to get a few pages of Brandon's done soon too.

In other news...I took the plunge and made a submission to a magazine and have not heard anything yet, not that I really expect to hear from them but it was a step I felt I needed to make.

Carol, did you get the survey emailed from Quickutz? By taking it you get a code for a free download, I got it about 2 weeks ago. Also, when you go through the designs on the website the very last category is TEST. By going into TEST there is a free flower download.

Caroleh
04-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I did the survey, but didn't realize TEST was free!!!! Back to the Sihoutte tonight!!!! I really do love that machine!!! I think the DH does too...he likes my designs better.

Flower
04-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Have you all heard about the 2 page layout on EBAY that just sold for $760.00 - Holy Cow!!!!!!! I could really pay for my Disney trips fast if I was able to sell layouts for that!!! It is nice, but that is a TON of money for paper!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280095986606

Seasonscraps
04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Have you all heard about the 2 page layout on EBAY that just sold for $760.00 - Holy Cow!!!!!!! I could really pay for my Disney trips fast if I was able to sell layouts for that!!! It is nice, but that is a TON of money for paper!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280095986606

I saw that!! It's an amazing layout but not $760 amazing.

Caroleh
04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
That's really amazing, but not $760 worth of amazing. I wonder if we can create some WDW pages like that and have people buy them to support our Disney addiction!!!

Kristi Kay
04-06-2007, 12:57 AM
OH I'm with you, I worked for Disney in 2003 and I'm still working on it...It's huge! I'm hoping to wrap it up soon!

Flower
04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
That's really amazing, but not $760 worth of amazing. I wonder if we can create some WDW pages like that and have people buy them to support our Disney addiction!!!
That is what I told mt husband yesterday - that he needs to give me more time to scrapbook so I can start selling stuff on EBAY and pay for Disney trips - like I'd have time anyway!!!

Good for her, it is a beautiful layout and people obviously appreciate her work.

Belle619
04-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I found a piece of an old DL shopping bag and scanned it in... I scan my tickets, napkins etc.
:minnie:

These are great ideas! I usually keep everything and then try to fight with it to get it to fit into my scrapbook! You've now just inspired me to figure out the all-in-one printer my fiancee just bought!!!

Dsnygirl
04-06-2007, 04:34 PM

WOW!!! I can't believe that went for $760... it's beautiful, don't get me wrong - but holy moly!! I've had tons of people ask me to do pages for them - I've always said no b/c I believed there wasn't any $$ in it - that people wouldn't actually pay what a page is worth. Well, I guess I was wrong!! Maybe I'll post a few pages of my own on E-bay... worth duplicating them to get some extra Disney $$$!! Anyone want to join me??? :D

Just wondering if anyone has been scrapbooking lately? We've been really quiet lately. I've finally finish my nephew's grad pictures, finally today finished up my 2006 pics of my grand niece and now working on my DB's family pictures to try to complete their album.

It's really been fun because I've been using my Silhouette. I've used some Mickey Mouse dingbats for my grand niece's Halloween page, along with a Walt Disney script font, for my niece's title page used a M&m font, for their Christmas 2006 used a bell dingbat I downloaded. (that's why the DH is afraid he'll lose his computer!!!)

I haven't been on this thread in awhile b/c I haven't done too much - we've had our house on the market, and b/w that and the holidays, my pages have been quiet. But I'm actually working on a few pages today for my MIL - she has a "fridge frame" (holds 12x12 scrapbook pages on the refrigerator) and we periodically make some for her to put in and change out the old ones into an album she can keep. So, since we're headed her way for Easter, thought I'd make up a few pages of her and the girls from our trip to Disney last year which she joined us on. Once I'm finished, I'll put them on my Webshots page! (if I can remember how... :blush: )

Question - what is Silhouette? You guys seem to love it, but I've never heard of it! Please share - it sounds intriguing!

Flower
04-06-2007, 05:57 PM
WOW!!!
Question - what is Silhouette? You guys seem to love it, but I've never heard of it! Please share - it sounds intriguing!

The silhouette is by Quickutz - head on over to their website to find out more! Essentially it is a personal cutting system that attaches to your computer like a printer, except instead of printing with ink, it will cut out letters & shapes/designs! The wonderful thing about it is that it cuts any true-type font up to 8", and it will cut really tiny stuff too. With the revolution and squeeze you are limited to the dyes you purchase.

glenpreece
04-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I love to scrapbook each trip. It seems that I can get it done faster each time. Even though they get more elaborate and bigger. The biggest being our trip last Sept 3 albums!!!!! 2 of which are as expanded as far as they will go. I am sure I will be scrapping the next trip as well. It really does seem to help get past the depression of not being there any more.

ElenitaB
04-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Just a question for everyone, how do you sort & store your photos, both paper & digital? I am bad for not backing up my computer, and I have a ton of paper photos in piles. I just bought the Creative Memories photo box today so I am hoping that will alleviate most of the mess; Just curious what everyone else does! I need a system!
I make it a practice to burn all my pics to a CD or DVD once I've downloaded them from my camera (I'm so paranoid that sometimes I'll burn two back-ups). I ended up losing the pics from our first trip (2000) and am pretty upset by it. Luckily I do have what my cousin took... so it's not a total loss.

I bought the Cricut and I love it! It's so much fun. I've made little gift bags, tags, words, etc. Can't wait to use it for an album.

I'm trying to get my scrapbooking stuff organized before I continue. I have things all over the house and it doesn't help. Anyone have some strong men they can lend me to help move furniture around? (I'm actually getting rid of a sofa from the living room so that I can move a desk in there and establish a scrapbooking area.)

Glad to see that this thread has come alive again. Maybe we can inspire each other! One of these days we should do a virtual crop... don't you think?

Caroleh
04-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Since Flower stated what it is, I like it because there's no cartiages to use. You can download designs from the net, plus it uses any true-type font on your computer. To keep this Disney oriented :mickey: , imagine the pages you can do using the different fonts used in the different parks!!! I have a couple of Walt Disney fonts I've used a few times already. It also can use any true-type dingbat(saved in your font file in your Windows files)..one thing I have discovered is that your design can't be too elaborate, because of all the cutting. I have found a Mickey Mouse dingbat that I've used and they are really cute done up. I've also found some Pooh dingbats that I haven't downloaded yet. :blush: (notice I said yet...I see it coming!!)

You can also design your own creations to cut out...mind you I haven't played with this feature, yet. I need some time to myself where I just can really play with it. I'm wondering if I could figure out how to design the TOT to use as a frame.....

Caroleh
04-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Glad to see that this thread has come alive again. Maybe we can inspire each other! One of these days we should do a virtual crop... don't you think?

I was thinking the same thing when I reopened it thread...I just didn't know if I should suggest it or not.

Flower, are you going to the Creative Festival at the International Centre on April 20-22? There will be lots of scrapbooking stuff there. I'm planning on going Friday, but I still need to get my tickets.

Flower
04-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Flower, are you going to the Creative Festival at the International Centre on April 20-22? There will be lots of scrapbooking stuff there. I'm planning on going Friday, but I still need to get my tickets.

I doubt it, DH is working nights that weekend, and with 2 kids it would be hard to do. Have you been before? Is there alot of scrapbook stuff? Too bad I cannot go!!!

Caroleh
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I doubt it, DH is working nights that weekend, and with 2 kids it would be hard to do. Have you been before? Is there alot of scrapbook stuff? Too bad I cannot go!!!

I go every Spring. It used to be called the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival, but in recent years, the emphasis has been more on what's hot in crafts and right now it's scrapbooking and beading. I know Creative Memories, Stampin' Up!, and several different scrapbook stores will be there. There will be several quilting booths and sewing machine companies. Also classes of all sorts in several different areas. I haven't taken any classes, just done LOTS of shopping!!

conorsmom2000
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Anyone have some strong men they can lend me to help move furniture around?

Hey Ellen, Mike and I are totally there if you need some help moving things around! I'm serious - we're what, a half hour away from you? Just give us a call and we'd be there! :mickey:

I think a virtual crop is a fantastic idea!

Sorry I haven't been on this thread much either - to be honest, I put my stuff away in November, before Thanksgiving and had just been too busy to take it out again. I finally did on Sunday, since we were stuck inside with all the rain - I got three pages done, which totally got the bug going again! (and I take it as a scrapbooking sign, as my stuff was on the floor of the basement - I moved it all up to the dining room to use it, so nothing got ruined with the rain that came in! :thumbsup: )

You guys have me dying to get the Sillhouette! I've been doing lots of research on getting a die cutter and now I'm really hoping to get one soon - I feel part of my issue with scrapping is that it can be hard to be creative when you can't easily get your hands on the shapes/fonts you want!

:thumbsup:

Flower
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Jen,

I held off on getting a cutting system because I knew that if I went with a squeeze, etc I would get bored of the letters I had - and there was no versatility with size.

I love my S and am in fact cutting once again as I check out Intercot! I can download tons of fonts to use, my layouts will all look different because I can use different fonts, and the biggest bonus, it hardly takes any time at all!!! I could not imagine punching letters out individually now!

I really am happy with it, it seems like a large initial investment, but I will only have to buy new blades & mats in the future, unless I want to order new shapes online. I give it many :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pook@wdw
04-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Scrapbooking ROCKS!:rocker: I'v scrapbooked each of my DD trips from '98 thru '06. Each in their own "dated" album. Complete w/every bit of maps, guides, receipts, passes, and any other relevent info, carefully cut and pasted along w/all photos. I have an intro page w/reservation info, welcome cards, and passes. Then, I move onto MK section, Epcot section, Disney Studios section, and AK section (usually 4-5 pages each). Then water parks, DTD, and finally, resorts. And the a closing page. I use the Disney scrapbooking kits, and can always find extra Disney stuff @ my local stores! My DH & DD sometimes complains about all the photos & info I collect, but they're always glad I do it, and are proud to show it to anyone who will enjoy it as much as we do! So, I say again... (Disney) Scrapbooking ROCKS!:rocker:

Wolf
04-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I want to get into scrapbooking, I just went out and bought alot of stuff to do it and have a second copies of our pictures from our Oct trip. How do I get started, what should it look like? Could I possibly see a picture anyone has done of their WDW trip, to inspire me please?

conorsmom2000
04-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I can download tons of fonts to use, my layouts will all look different because I can use different fonts, and the biggest bonus, it hardly takes any time at all!!!

That's exactly what draws me to the Silhouette - right now I mostly use Alpha Stacks for letters, but it does mean my pages are always the same - I'm dying to be able to print out different fonts, and definitely, different sizes!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on it! :mickey: :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
04-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I want to get into scrapbooking, I just went out and bought alot of stuff to do it and have a second copies of our pictures from our Oct trip. How do I get started, what should it look like? Could I possibly see a picture anyone has done of their WDW trip, to inspire me please?

Welcome to the scrapbooking thread! :thumbsup: If you read back through some of the pages, you'll find lots of links to pictures - but here's some of my pages.... Disney 2005 scrapbook (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736#P-1-15)

I'm very new to scrapbooking too - I went to an in-home Creative Memories party that my friend had and I was hooked. This is my first scrapbook and it's slow going (once I get done I have our 2006 trip to do, then Conor's school years book!)

I started by buying some stuff, but mainly organizing my photos how I wanted them in the book. Literally, I start each page by laying out the pictures I want and going from there - the pictures kind of guide you as to colors, etc. I haven't gotten too "fancy" with my pages yet because I'm still in the process of getting the tools that I need, etc. But, just remember - there is no right or wrong, just follow your instincts! You can look at scrapbooks and see some really embellished and some really simple - just work on a page until you are happy with it!

And don't hesitate to ask questions - I am by no means and expert, but we do have some excellent scrappers here! :thumbsup: :mickey:

BelleKP
04-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I want to get into scrapbooking, . . . How do I get started, what should it look like? Could I possibly see a picture anyone has done of their WDW trip, to inspire me please?
Welcome to the wonderful world of scrapbooking! It can definitely seem overwhelming when you first start, but once you get going you'll behooked! :thumbsup:
I just recently finished my Disney trip from Aug. 2006, and although I haven't updated my online shots, here are some of my pages that I posted online (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/album?.dir=e219re2&.src=ph). . . so feel free to look for inspiration.

I started by buying some stuff, but mainly organizing my photos how I wanted them in the book. Literally, I start each page by laying out the pictures I want and going from there - the pictures kind of guide you as to colors, etc.
I would give this same advice . . . I spend a lot of time organizing. The nice thing about scrapbooking a Disney trip is that you really have only two options . . . a daily scrapbook going in chronological order, or a park by park album (this is what I tend to do). I also work in "double page spreads", meaning two pages at the same time, as I find most of the layouts work best over two pages.
Good luck Wolf . . . and happy scrapping!
:mickey:

Caroleh
04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Wolf,I agree with Jen, go to a Creative memories party to get started or you local scrapbook store, they can give you the basics. Check back pages with ideas on how to get started. Ask questions here, we're always willing to help!!!

Jen, I LOVE my Sil. What sold me was the fact that you can use the fonts on your own computer. I'll try to get some recent pages I've done using it, hopefully maybe Sunday. Tomarrow I'm heading to the Creativ Festival, Sat. a free Quickutz crop and a friends house in the evening. Thank goodness my rehearsal for my bellydancing recital has been cancelled for Sun.

Flower
04-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Wolf,

Welcome!!!! As the others have said, a local scrapbook store will be very helpful, and Creative Memories is a good way to get started. If you live close to a Michaels craft store, they sometimes offer classes - there are a multitude of scrapbook magazines on the market which will have a ton of layouts in them for ideas.

Sandylion is a manufacturer of stickers & scrapbook papers - they recently published a Disney idea book. If you do an internet search of mouse memories; they sell the book and I have had a great experience order from them, on several occasions!

Carol, how was the festival? I cannot believe I will not be able to go, but, with 2 little ones in tow, I would not have much fun! My mom is coming over to babysit today so I can take a digital camera course through Henry's - she will only be here a few hours though.

Caroleh
04-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Carol, how was the festival? I cannot believe I will not be able to go, but, with 2 little ones in tow, I would not have much fun! My mom is coming over to babysit today so I can take a digital camera course through Henry's - she will only be here a few hours though.

I really wasn't impressed with it this year. It seemed that there was a lot of beading stuff this year. The scrapbooking booths were smaller then normal. Creative memories was there, but there wasn't anything there I really wanted. I think I went in a mood not to shop...which is a good thing. I did get 3 of the 6 things I wanted. 2 quilting things and some Hot fix crystals for an outfit I need to make for work.

I have a QK crop to go to this afternoon. I was talking to the girl that's in charge of it at the festival yesterday and she said I was probably going to be the only one there!! I was planning to work on my bellydancing pictures, but she said we'll be playing with some of the new Qk releases..which will be fun also!!! Hopefully, I can get my pictures done.

Flower, there is another bigger show this fall at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Oct. 24-28. I never go to that one because I hate driving into TO.

BelleKP
04-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Here is the link to view my 2006 Disney (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/album?.dir=e219re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http&#37;3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/my_photos)Trip!
Finshing the album is bitter sweet! I'm glad to be back to my family album (finishing up 2006), but I REALLY enjoyed working on the Disney album. It's like reliving the trip everytime you do a page! :thumbsup:
Enjoy!

Caroleh
04-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Here is the link to view my 2006 Disney (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/album?.dir=e219re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/my_photos)Trip!
Finshing the album is bitter sweet! I'm glad to be back to my family album (finishing up 2006), but I REALLY enjoyed working on the Disney album. It's like reliving the trip everytime you do a page! :thumbsup:
Enjoy!

Belle, your pages look great!!!!
I've just uploaded a couple of pictures using my Silouette.
Here's the link

BelleKP
04-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Belle, your pages look great!!!!
Here's the link

Those fonts are AMAZING!! Say . . . I don't live that far from you! Can I come over and play with your silhouette some time? :blush: :laughing:

Caroleh
04-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Those fonts are AMAZING!! Say . . . I don't live that far from you! Can I come over and play with your silhouette some time? :blush: :laughing:

The MM on the halloween page and the belly dancer on the cover was also done on the silhoutte...they are dingbats I downloaded.

I'd say sure come on over, but if you read my post about venting you'd understand why I say no. When and if we get our new place, then you're more then welcome!!!

Caroleh
04-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Just a question for all you fellow scrapbookers...Since Sat. May 5 is National Scrapbook day, does anyone want to have a virual crop? We collect our favorite munchies, our pictures that need to be done and sit done and crop. We post our work to show what we have accomplished..it doesn't have to be a lot, it could be just a layout. Any takers?

glenpreece
04-29-2007, 05:40 PM
I just wanted to post that I have added pics of my first real scrapbooks to webshots. These are from our Aug 05 trip. I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments. I hope to psot my other trips soon.

http://community.webshots.com/album/558858690fAXgYk

conorsmom2000
04-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Here is the link to view my 2006 Disney (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/album?.dir=e219re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kwairam/my_photos)Trip! Enjoy!

Sarah, your pages are amazing!! Exactly the type of pages this newbie hopes to aspire too some day!! :D :thumbsup:

Here's the link

Carol, that's it - you guys have convinced me I want the Silhouette!! My job just bumped me up from 10 hours to 20 hours - I think I know where the extra money is going! :secret: :D How is the learning curve with the silhouette? Is it difficult? I just can not wait to use my own fonts rather than alpha stacks, etc. Your pages look great!! :D

Just a question for all you fellow scrapbookers...Since Sat. May 5 is National Scrapbook day, does anyone want to have a virual crop?

Carol, I would love to, but can't. :( That's the day that my sister is getting married. But, I hope you guys do it - it would be a lot of fun! Maybe it's something we could eventually do like once a month or so? That would keep me from going too long without scrapping! :D

Caroleh
04-30-2007, 07:54 AM
How is the learning curve with the silhouette? Is it difficult? I just can not wait to use my own fonts rather than alpha stacks, etc. Your pages look great!! :D

Carol, I would love to, but can't. :( That's the day that my sister is getting married. But, I hope you guys do it - it would be a lot of fun! Maybe it's something we could eventually do like once a month or so? That would keep me from going too long without scrapping! :D

Jen, it's very easy to learn. The book that comes with it is very simple to follow. If you buy it locally, have them demonstrate it for you. That's what I did and I didn't even really have to look at the book.

I like the idea of the once a month crop...it'll get me caught up on stuff!!!

Flower
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Sarah, Glen & Carol,
All of your pictures look great!

Here are some of mine:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558722836VxFJiz
I used the Silhouette on the 'MOM' layout

I won't be able to make the virtual crop either, excellent idea though. What if we were to come up with 'challenges', either bi-monthly or monthly. I find my time is so limited with 2 kids.

Sarah, where are you in Ontario? Would anyone be able to make a 'Disney Crop' in Oshawa at a scrapbook store?

I just got my May Design Team paper challenge - it is by Deja Views and is the Sharon Ann little boy paper - I love it! I ended up purchasing the slab of it and am going to do Benjamins baby book with it. I am very excited about getting started - I just need the time! You can bet my Silhouette will play a big role in creating the book!

Jen, it is super easy to learn, and so much fun! I just downloaded a TON more fonts last week from DaFont - love the site!

Well, I am off to parent and may try to work on my May design team layouts - I will post them when I am done!

Caroleh
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
glen and Flower, I love your pages!!!!

Would anyone be able to make a 'Disney Crop' in Oshawa at a scrapbook store?

I'd love to, Flower..but :( I don't have any Disney pics. It would also depend when...My schedule is hectic for the next few months..Mother's Day, I'm heading for Iowa to be with my DD, recital on the 29 of May and then June and July I'm working on my inventory for work.

glenpreece
04-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks! I don't do alot of fancy stuff I cut everything free hand or with a straight edge. I love stickers though and photo borders. If I see any kind of Disney stickers I buy them.

Dsnygirl
05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
:mickey: Hi guys! I haven't been around much lately, as we're getting ready to move, and most of my scrapbooking stuff is packed up and inaccessible. But your pages are GREAT!! I loved looking at everyone's new links - WOW!! Makes me really want to get back at it... I'm going to have a fair amount of work ahead of me to get caught up again.

I'm really interested in checking out this Silhouette I'm seeing you all talking about... sounds really fascinating, esp. w/ the fonts. I'd love to be able to use Disney fonts and all the other neat ones out there. I may have to make a big Christmas request... :D

Can't wait to see more of your pages - my DH and I are going to WDW this fall for a 4-day wknd, so I'm excited to have another Disney trip to do!! :thumbsup:

Caroleh
05-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Hi Blythe!!!!
I've been wondering where you've been at!!! I forgot about you moving. I dread that day for me...I think the scrapbooking and quilting stuff will be one of the last things packed. I told the DH I'll be making LOTS of quilt tops before we move just to help with the fabric packing!!! Congrats on your 4 day weekend..that's always a spirit lifter!!!:mickey:

conorsmom2000
05-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey everyone - just wanted to check in and see how everything is going! I know some of you are moving or just moved - have you unpacked the scrapping stuff yet? :D

I've actually been getting a lot done lately! A friend just lent me her cricut to try out, so I'm trying to get a lot done while I have it - I still think I'd prefer to get the silhouette, but it's fun using the cricut while I have it! :mickey:

I'm not sure when I lasted posted pic's but you can see the most recent pages here Disney Scrapbook 2005 (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736/2/146180239/Large) Just click next on the top of the picture to go through them.

I've also played aroud with a little digital scrapping (not for this album, for something else). That was a lot of fun too - but, I'm trying to tell myself to stick to traditional scrapping as I'm on the computer too much as it is!! :blush:

Flower
05-31-2007, 10:11 AM
I have not worked on anything Disney in awhile. I just finished my May design team submission and am still in the process of working on Benjamins baby book (That will take awhile!)

Here is my May album layout - http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2776736400055983738qfQpBW?vhost=good-timesI was given the new Sharon Ann Baby Boy collection by Deja Views to work with (Awesome!). I ended up buying a ton more of it and am going to use it for Bennies baby book, combined with some My Minds Eye Bohemia Collection.

Is anyone going to CKC in Buffalo this weekend? I am REALLY wanting to drive the 2 hours! I went last year and it was okay, so I don't know if this year will be better or not.

Carol, have you ever been to the store in Uxbridge? Just wondering if it too is worth the drive.

About a month ago I brought home a slat wall shelf from the scrapbook store (4' x 6') - they were updating their wall display. It is still in the garage and I am waiting (anxiously) for DH to get it in the house so I can start putting stuff on it! Maybe this weekend.

Flower
05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh! I almost forgot!!!!

I asked for a gift certificate for mothers day to the scrapbook store I go to, and belong on their design team. My husband bought me one!

When you spent your GC on the Thursday after mothers day you got 20% off and a chance to enter a draw for about $250 in product - I won the draw!!!!

I won rub ons, paper, cosmo cricket chipboard letters, a hero arts stamp, brads, Karen Foster mini book, and the big ticket item was a Quickutz paperclip die, goosebump, and a FULL alphabet in the Eliza mini design!

Here's the problem - I don't own a Quickutz squeeze or revolution in order to use my prize. I can use the tools at th store, but I have the Silhouette at home and don't feel the need to spend the money just because I won. I am trying to sell it thru my work and DH's work as we have a buy and sell section - if all else fails it will go on Ebay. I just think it is cool that I finally won something!

Caroleh
06-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Carol, have you ever been to the store in Uxbridge? Just wondering if it too is worth the drive.

I haven't been there, but it is the outlet of the stores I go to in Mississauga and Thornhill. If I remember right, it's their clearance center. They usually have lots of good stuff, but it'll probably be older stuff, but don't quote me.

I'd love to go to Buffalo to go to CK, but I'd never get the DH to take me and now with the house getting built I have to really watch my $$$$

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Wow I just read (skimmed) through all 11 pages of this thread and looked at most of the pages that are linked. I'm impressed!

I'm still working on my 2005 Disney trip, and I haven't even printed my 2006 Disney trip photos yet! I think I'm going to try to select the photos tonight and send them online to Duane Reade for printing to pick them up tomorrow.

And this doesn't include all the other, non-Disney photos I have to scrapbook!

You've all inspired me!

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Question for those of you that have the Disney font in your scrapbook: where did you get it from?

Thanks!

Caroleh
06-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I downloaded mine from the net. Just do a google search for Disney fonts. With my silhoutte, I can have die cuts of my disney fonts!!

conorsmom2000
06-02-2007, 09:07 PM
You've all inspired me!

Yea!!! :yay: We need more srappers here! :welcome:

Question for those of you that have the Disney font in your scrapbook: where did you get it from?

Thanks!

I usually use mickeyavenue as a reference to what fonts I need for different things at disney and then momscorner4kids for tons of fonts, but especially Disney ones.

In other news....well, I decided against getting the silhoutte for now, for various reasons, but I did order a Cricut. I've been using my friends all week and really loved it - and the two new Disney cartridges were just calling out to me! :blush: I know buying the cartridges will drive me batty after a while - but, as I told Mike, he'll never have to ask me what I want for my birthday or Christmas for a long, long time! :funny: So far I've bought 4 cartridges for it and haven't spent more than $40 on any of them (including the two Disney ones), which I'm happy about - though, that's the end of my shopping for awhile! :D

Flower
06-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Jen,

You were supposed to join Carol & I!!!! Hahahaha!! Glad to hear you bought a system, I am sure you will enjoy yours as much as your enjoying your friends.

Welcome Bronx! Be sure to post your lay outs. I am behind on my Disney stuff too. I started 3 books to give to my mom & MIL of our mothers day trip in May 2005. Brandon has 2 trips under his belt and those books are not done either. And I of course want to work on stuff for Ben's first trip......It never ends!

I downloaded a lot of my Disney fonts from DaFont & moms corner 4 kids.

BronxTigger
06-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, I was able to narrow down my photos from my 2006 (8 days) trip to 145 photos to print. (There were 1044 photos total!)

My 2005 photos only had around 100 photos to scrapbook and I'm STILL working on it! Yikes....145 might be a bit much HAHA.

Caroleh
06-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, I was able to narrow down my photos from my 2006 (8 days) trip to 145 photos to print. (There were 1044 photos total!)

My 2005 photos only had around 100 photos to scrapbook and I'm STILL working on it! Yikes....145 might be a bit much HAHA.

I had 300 photos of my 2006 trip...my excuse..first trip!!!! I'm wondering how many pictures I'll take this time!!! I'm already asking for a new camera!!!!

conorsmom2000
06-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Jen,

You were supposed to join Carol & I!!!! Hahahaha!!

I know, I know!! :D Honestly, I think I would have been more up for getting the silhouette (or wishblade, etc.) if I had a laptop (well, I do have a very old laptop, but it's for work) - until our basement is fixed, I currently scrap in the dining room, and the computer is in my office, which is actually an enclosed back porch andis very small - I just don't have the room to add another piece of equipment back here. With a laptop, I might have felt differently about it as then I could do all my scrapping stuff in the same place. My other concern was that I am just on the computer too much as it is! :blush: Some days, I'm on pretty much all day (between work, I'Cot, etc., etc., etc.) - I was afraid to have something else that would have me playing at the computer for hours! :blush:

Honestly, I am happy to just have finally made a decision on some kind of machine - I definitely got more done this past week with my friend's Cricut than I had in months - it really inspired me - even just using the different fonts was a joy! :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
06-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, I didn't get my photos printed today (the weather got crummy), BUT

I FINALLY finished my 2005 Disney trip!
Here (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/559302361WUSWpp)is the link. Additionally, there's a little story I wrote tacked onto the end. It is based on our 2000 trip.

Caroleh
06-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Bronxtigger, your pages look great!!!!

BronxTigger
06-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Bronxtigger, your pages look great!!!!

Thanks!

conorsmom2000
06-06-2007, 07:59 AM
I FINALLY finished my 2005 Disney trip!
Here (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/559302361WUSWpp)is the link. Additionally, there's a little story I wrote tacked onto the end. It is based on our 2000 trip.

I loved looking at your album!!! :mickey: Your pages are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing them! :thumbsup:

Flower
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Bronx, Your pages are great, and I loved the story at the end!!!

Jen,

We have a 4 level backsplit, my scrap room is in the basement, but the lighting is poor so I take my 'current projects' and work on them in the family room (No idea why, but I like to sit on the floor and work at the coffee table - weird!). My Silhouette is on the main floor in the computer room. With my craft stuff being spread out over 3 levels, it is a pain to do everything, so I can understand you going with the Cricut for that reason!

showmethemouse
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Bronx tigger I really enjoy looking at your album you did a Great job on it:mickey::cheer::thumbsup::woohoo:

BronxTigger
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Thank you for all the compliments everybody!

I am going to start my 2006 trip tomorrow; I just got the photos printed out today. It's not that I didn't try earlier....I started trying to get them printed on Sunday.....it took until TODAY to actually get them printed (at the one hour photo LOL)! At least I have them, now I just have to wait until after work tomorrow!

pook@wdw
06-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I scrapbook EVERY trip! I save every scrap of paper, napkins, cards, maps, guide books, menus, room keycards, and receipts I can find. I also get the Disney scrapbooking kits, and my local
"Ben Franklin" and "JoAnn's Fabric" stores carry the Disney themed scrapbook pages and stickers. I then crop all my photos (which in itself is wonderful fun). My album is always a Disney World dated album, and I get extra pages, so I can get everything in one album. I have a certain way that I lay out each area. Usually DTD 1st, then MK, Epcot, Disney Studios, AK, and then water parks, and resort/dining pages. I have an opening page w/all of my reservation/booking/welcome info. Then I have a closing page w/trip summary and wishes for the next Magical Journey. I don't rush. I'll take weeks, if necessary, and I'll be done when I'm done! My DH & DD always fuss when I begin, as I take up the entire dining room table when I do it. But they're always so excited when I finish, and can't wait to show it to everyone. :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
06-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Question: How do you scrapbook:

Do you crop all your photos first so they look their best, and then lay them out on the pages?

OR

Do you arrange them first and then crop them to fit to the pages?

OR

Do you do something else entirely?

**I crop ALL my photos first and then lay them out on the pages many ways until I find the way I like best.

Also, my 2005 trip I arranged the photos by location, starting with AK, then MGM, etc...This trip (2006) I am arranging them by days, so the parks skip around a bit. I will have a separate section for the hotel, even though I took pictures of it across several days.

Caroleh
06-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Question: How do you scrapbook:

Do you crop all your photos first so they look their best, and then lay them out on the pages?

OR

Do you arrange them first and then crop them to fit to the pages?

OR

Do you do something else entirely?

Sometimes I crop my photos first...sometimes if I feel they'll look better in an oval then I'll cut that first. Sometimes I'll arrange the photo on the page and then crop...It really depends on my mood at the moment. I think I go by what the picture, paper or my instincts are telling me.

For my WDW pictures, I did it by area. First was the resort, then the different parks. Within the different parks the different lands.

conorsmom2000
06-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I kind of do both - I already pretty much have pictures sorted, so i grab the set I'm going to be working on - some I'll crop right away (because there's too much "background" stuff) and others I'll lay out on the page to see how it will look, then crop as needed.

My WDW book goes by theme - hotel, parks, etc.; not by day. And I always work in 2 page layouts - only the cover page and the last page will be one page layouts.

Flower
06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I find alot of the time I will see the photo and then pick the paper to go with it, I will also determine what sized photo I need.

If there is something I have in mind, I will often have my photo resized to be larger or smaller. I like using wallet sized photos if I am doing a mini book, whereas if I am doing a 12x12 layout and I want the photo to be the focus I will use a 5x7 or 8x10. Most LO's I use 4x6. This mini book I was able to use 21 photos by using wallet size!
http://http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2192336500055983738hVcSDo (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2192336500055983738hVcSDo)

I have been wanting to do this LO for awhile and when I saw the paper I knew it was right for the photo. I had already gotten the picture done as a 5x7, but as I was working on it I did not like it so I got it blown up as an 8x10.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2859131320055983738GtWOHu

I have pe-cropped photos in the past and then once I was working on the LO I did not like the shape, so I stopped pre-cropping.

What does everyone do as far as photo developing? I usually do not print my own photos due to the cost of ink/paper, and I just find it cheaper/easier to have them printed. I tend to use Walmart alot - there prices are great, but they do not do wallet size. So, I have to get my wallet size done thru a grocery store (Loblaws or Cdn Supercentre).

conorsmom2000
06-11-2007, 09:16 AM
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2859131320055983738GtWOHu

I just love that lo - it's beautiful!!!

I upload all my pic's to my computer, then usually upload them to Costco or someplace like that and get them printed. It's cheaper that way, but they are still on my computer in case I mess one up and need to reprint it myself.

I finally took my Cricut out of the box and started playing with it! :mickey: I currently only have a few cartridges, with 2 more on the way - but, one of the one's I do have is the Mickey Font - so, the first thing I made was a Mickey and Minnie!! (with the font cart you can only do the characters head - once I get Mickey and Friends I'll be able to do full characters in different poses!)

You can see them here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736/3/161713281/Large)(though, I took that with my cell phone, so it's not the best quality!) It takes a little getting used to but it was so fun! :thumbsup:

Flower
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=conorsmom2000;1316070]I just love that lo - it's beautiful!!!

Thanks Jen! Like I said, I knew I had to do something good with that photo - I love how the LO turned out. DH had a tear in his eye when he first saw it! I think I am going to use the 5x7 and do a smaller LO for his desk at work for a fathers day gift!

I LOVE Mickey & Minnie! They turned out awesome!

Lizzie
06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I just read through the past pages. Wow some amazing stuff. I am just getting into scrapbooking. I was looking into doing digitally does anyone have any experience with this? If so what programs do you use? And does any programs have any Disney Themes?

Caroleh
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Jen- I love your Mickey and Minnie!!!!
Flower-Your LO is great!!!!!

I usually print my own pictures-just because I hate to go to a store to get them printed when I work in retail all day...I hate shopping unless it's a quilt shop or scrapbook store!!!

showmethemouse
07-22-2007, 07:57 PM
just wonted to say how great all of the albums look great job every one:mickey::mickey::thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
07-24-2007, 08:01 AM
I just read through the past pages. Wow some amazing stuff. I am just getting into scrapbooking. I was looking into doing digitally does anyone have any experience with this? If so what programs do you use? And does any programs have any Disney Themes?

Hey Lizzie - sorry, just saw this post!! :blush: I was toying with doing some digital stuff but realized I spend too much time on the computer as it is! :D But, I did look into it a little bit - and I do have Adobe Photoshop Elements, which is probably one of the best for digital scrapbooking. Here is a quick layout of Conor (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736/3/176505967/Medium)I did when I was just playing with the elements in PSE. (so, I was really just throwing things in there!) I really like what it has to offer, but I think I'm going to stick with paper scrapping for now. (especially after buying a die cutter :blush: )

There are no real digital layouts for Disney stuff yet, as Disney hasn't marketed any. But, with clip art, etc. you can usually get the feel for what you want. I will PM you a site that has many links to Disney-type digital layouts that people have made - some are free and some you can buy. But, they are great and you can't really tell that they aren't true Disney layouts.

I have to run Conor to a class now, but I'll PM it when I get back! :thumbsup:

Flower
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi Lizzie,

I do not do digital LO's right now either - I love working with paper and textures, and like Jen said - I spend enough time on the computer as is!

As for recent scrapping, here is the latest on Bennie: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2256392840055983738mmkJHH

I just finish a 30 page 8x8 scrapbook for a really good friend. I used the Melissa Francis baby boy 8x8 album and page kit to scrap her twins that were born premature and unfortunately did not make it. :cry: It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but one of the most rewarding. The book is almost all they have left of the babies and they find so much comfort in it - they have taken it with them to Dr & counseling appointments and they look at it ever night before bed.

I am currently working on my first 'coaster' mini album and hope to get everything finished for Friday.

Jen, would you mind including me on the PM? I have a few sites but am always interested in getting more Disney stuff!!!!

conorsmom2000
08-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Jen, would you mind including me on the PM? I have a few sites but am always interested in getting more Disney stuff!!!!
Hey Lea-Ann, I'm sorry - I just saw this post! I will PM you the link today! :blush:

So what has everyone been up to? I have to say, since getting the Cricut, I've been busy! I love how creative I can be now - and not just with scrapbooking. I've made tons of bookmarks, cards, etc. and it's been fun.

You can see recent scrapbook pages here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/1999736/3) (pages 3 & 4) and recent craft type things here (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/3052828/1)if you want.

Though, I did have to laugh - I spend some time on the Cricut message boards :blush: (I've learned a lot there!) and I guess QVC had a special on the Silhouette - now many of the Cricut owners are dying to get the Silhouette and it made me think of you guys! :D Though, the makers of the cricut are coming out with software at the end of the year so you will be able to hook your cricut up to your pc - you can still only cut what's on the cartridges but you will have more options, like welding words, etc. So, that's pretty cool. I'm still happy with my choice (as is evidenced by the fact I've gone from 1 cartridge to 12 in less than 3 months! :blush: )

So, what has everyone else been doing? Or did the summer slow down scrapping time? :mickey:

BelleKP
08-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Okay it's official . . . .
I have to get a SILHOUETTE!!!!

Now the question is . . . where do I find the $$$$$$$$?!?!?!!?

Jen, Carol and Lea-Ann your pages are amazing! Thanks for continuing to inspire me! I'm leaving tomorrow for DW and can't wait to scrapbook the pages . . . just another reason to get behind on my family album! ;)

Caroleh
08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Sarah, Have a great time on your trip...we'll be looking forward to seeing your pages!!!

woodsjen99
08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
I did not read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned, but twopeasinabucket.com is a GREAT resource. You can find just pages with Disney "Tags". I go to everyday a couple times a day. I have a ton of layouts saved and have used a lot for inspiration. We are leaving in 7 days for a 10day vacation. I tried to get last years done but did not make it. I took over 1400 pictures so I have had a hard tim deciding what layouts to make. This year I am taking 13 GB for the cameras, one for picutures and one for video.:blush:

showmethemouse
08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Great Albums Guys I'm Stall Working On Mine I Need To Get Them Done . Becauise I Just Came Back From Disney So I Have Aother One To Do. I Will Post It As So As I'm Done

Princess Jayne
08-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Just scrapping my last trip and am on AK- does anyone know where i can get the clip art pics of mickey and minnie in their safari outfits? x

Caroleh
09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Just scrapping my last trip and am on AK- does anyone know where i can get the clip art pics of mickey and minnie in their safari outfits? x

I just googled disney clip art and I found some...it did take a while though.

Flower
09-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I have used several Jolee's on my AK LO's - they have the Safari outfit, the land rover & the tree which looks like the tree of life.

Sorry to not be much help on the Disney part of it though!

Flower
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
What has everyone been doing lately? I have to update my LO pics.

I was just on the AC Moore website - they are selling the Cricut for $129!!!!!! Holy cow that is an awesome price!!!

conorsmom2000
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Hey Lea-Ann!

I've had the scrapping on the back burner recently - just too busy these days. I miss it though. I have gotten a few Halloween cards done, and I recently made these name signs (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/3052828/2/208464782/Large)(there's 3 pictures after that one) for my friend's children. They were fun and easy to do.

I just ordered a new cartridge for my cricut called Joys of the Seasons so once it gets here, it will be time to start doing Holiday cards! :mickey: I'm also going to my first ever crop on 12/2. It's sponsored by a LSS at a nearby restaurant - now that I have the cricut, I want to upgrade to the Cricut Expression :blush: (has more features and does smaller & larger cuts) - so, the woman sold me on going to the crop when I found out the Expression is a door prize!! (not that I'd win as I never win!! :D ) but, it should be fun.