PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest is on DDP

PETE FROM NYC
10-09-2006, 05:40 PM
I made our ressies last Sunday,and was told that Rain Forest Cafe is NOT on the dining plan for 2006,but it is for 2007.This is the info from the 2nd cast member I spoke to,the first one simply said no for Rain Forest.It pays to caal back and ask twice.
We wife is already tasting her lobster.
I'm going in March so it works out good for my tribe.

MMouse6937
10-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Hm, I sure hope so. I love the Rainforest and so does DH. We didn't eat there last year because it wasn't on the DDP. That would be cool if that changes next year, give us an extra option to think of! :mickey:

JustCallMeSquishy
10-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I just looked at the 2007 DDP Brochure and it doesn't show Rain Forest on it...

ToDisney
10-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Maybe the third times the charm!
:laughing:

Spaceship Tigger
10-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Looks like once again, WDW can't get its act together as far as what restaurants are really going to be on the DDP. This is starting to get old...

Carol
10-10-2006, 09:52 AM
It's not on the 2007 list put out by Disney. I highly doubt it will be since it is not Disney owned and hasn't participated in the past. Rainforest Café doesn't even take the Dining Experience cards.

They do, however, offer discounts for Annual passholders and DVC members.

PETE FROM NYC
10-12-2006, 07:02 PM
All I know is that the reservations clerk who took my ADRs said that Rain Forest Cafe was not on 2006 list but has been added for 2007.
I will be calling to re-confirm our ressies before we go down next March.
We are booked at Rain Forest for dinner on 3/10 on the dining plan.

Dsnygirl
10-12-2006, 07:58 PM
:eat: Whatever the answer turns out to be, I'm sure putting in my vote for it to be added - we love it there, and it'd be great to have it on the plan! Not sure how that would work with it being owned separately, but maybe they've come to some sort of agreement? Hope so! :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
. . . Whatever the answer turns out to be, I'm sure putting in my vote for it to be added - we love it there . . .

1) I seriously doubt it will be on the DDP.
2) The food is too expensive for the DDP allowances.
3) RF would either lose on the meal or break even.
4) Not a sound business model.

NOTE: Several of the other non-Disney-owned eateries are not on the plan, so I do not see why RF would decide to join the DDP.

bicker
10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I think the next step is for some of these non-Disney restaurants to participate at 2TS restaurants. They wouldn't be good values, at 2TS, but at least the option would be available, and the restaurant shouldn't have a concern about participating given a double allocation.

PETE FROM NYC
10-15-2006, 12:08 PM
When I made ressies,I was not told anything about it costing 2 TS credits.I did ask if there were any menu limitations,and was told we can order anything off the full menu.
If they try to screw my family,I will start a small riot.
I guarantee we will get what we were promised.I know it does sound too good to be true,but I did ask all the questions we could think of.

Iago
10-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I guarantee we will get what we were promised.I know it does sound too good to be true,but I did ask all the questions we could think of.I wish you luck on using the plan at Rainforest Cafe. My family enjoyed several Downtown Disney restaurants on the Premium Plan in 2005 and wish they would be accepted on the plans once again.

If they do not accept the plan, I doubt they accept the word of a phone reservation person over the plan documents (no matter how much we hope the ADR person is correct :fingers: ).

Just remember, starting a small riot doesn't always help in obtaining a goal. If anything, it could upset and anger those trying to help you. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
10-15-2006, 01:31 PM
. . . When I made ressies,I was not told anything about it costing 2 TS credits.I did ask if there were any menu limitations,and was told we can order anything off the full menu.
I guarantee we will get what we were promised.I know it does sound too good to be true,but I did ask all the questions we could think of.

1) You need to check again.
2) Do you really think 1-TS would get you a $35 meal?
3) If it sounds too good to be true . . .
4) If you think it is promised, get it in writing.
5) Verbal opinions from CM's do not count.
6) It is called an "error", and life goes on.
7) CM's make errors frequently, but only WRITTEN rules count.
8) As for a small riot, can you spell P-O-L-I-C-E ?

NOTE: I have called everyone I can think of, and no one knows of RF joining the DDP in 2006 or 2007. Who did you speak with, by name? Did you call once again t verify?

Hammer
10-15-2006, 02:43 PM
3) If it sounds too good to be true . . .

I can give you many meals where my sister and I each ate a meal of at least $35 per person at a 1 TS restaurant on our trip a couple of weeks ago. You can read my dining reports to verify ( I still have one more installment to write).

That said, I would recommend the OP get this in writing regarding Rainforest Cafe. Words don't hold any weight.

ToDisney
10-16-2006, 12:29 AM
:hide2: this sounds a bit intense here.

But, I have had an issue once a good while back with the Disney Dining Card, and what the first CM told me compared to the next one I talked to. It really doesn't matter what they say, its what you have on paper, get them to fax, e-mail, or just mail you something.
Good Luck :cheers:
We really like the Rainforest Cafe and try not to miss it each time we go.:paw:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
My guess is that the CM got confused with being able to make an ADR for a restaurant with it actually being part of the plan. Same goes for Planet Hollywood...you can make an ADR through Disney, but it is not on the dining plan.

A riot over Rainforest Cafe food? Their food isn't even worth a melee, fracas, or ruckus!

Carol
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
My guess is that the CM got confused with being able to make an ADR for a restaurant with it actually being part of the plan. Same goes for Planet Hollywood...you can make an ADR through Disney, but it is not on the dining plan.

Except Planet Hollywood is on the Dining Plan. :thumbsup:

bicker
10-17-2006, 06:07 AM
4) If you think it is promised, get it in writing. This is critical for everything, not just at WDW, but in life. If you want to rely on something, so much that you'll cause a "riot" if you don't get what you want, then you had better have it in writing. There are written terms and conditions for just about every aspect of your vacation: The airline tickets, Disney's Magical Express service, your hotel room reservation, your admission tickets, the Dining Plan, etc. The written descriptions are what matter, not what you remember someone telling you verbally, or even what you might have seen written in an online forum. :secret:

johnO
10-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't care if it's on the plan or not. We had a great time there and we'll be going back. Loved that Volcanoe!!!!!!!!

Pete- I havent heard or seen anything that would suggest that it will be on the dinning plan so as others have said, I'd call back.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip - I just noticed that you're posting from "Sweet home Chicago". I escaped the frozen winters of Chi-Town for the warmth of the SC coast. What's the temp today?

SurferStitch
10-17-2006, 01:24 PM

Um, yes.

Despite not knowing if RFC will be on the DDP or not, I have several $100+ meals (for 2 adults) planned for our upcoming trip that are 1 TS places (Kona Cafe, Coral Reef, Cap'n Jack's), so I wouldn't expect RFC to be any more than a 1 TS meal.

I added up 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and 2 soft drinks, and $100 or more is entirely fathomable at these places.

The DDP is saving us about $650 on our trip (includes OOP at several TS and CS meals), especially since we are not changing our dining habits at all on the plan (we have a discounted DDP, but our savings still would have been around $400 at the full DDP price). We still have to pay OOP for some meals, but the savings are undeniable. I have factored in the rack rate at Pop in this calculation, too.

TheRustyScupper
10-18-2006, 01:30 PM
. . . I can give you many meals where my sister and I each ate a meal of at least $35 per person at a 1 TS restaurant on our trip a couple of weeks ago . . .

1) I speak of the entrée ALONE costing more than $35.
2) This can make the entire RFC meal about $65-$75.
. . . appetizer
. . . entrée
. . . dessert
. . . beverages
3) In many other places, the total meal can exceed $35 easily.
4) Especially in Epcot World Showcase.
5) Getting tougher to find entrées over $35 for 1-TS.

TheRustyScupper
10-18-2006, 01:32 PM
. . . I added up 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and 2 soft drinks, and $100 or more is entirely fathomable at these places . . .

1) That is correct.
2) But, it is still about $45-$50 per person (or per 1-TS).

SurferStitch
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Other than the 1.5 lb lobster, there is nothing that costs $35 there. Even then, the DDP would probably just exclude that item. Heck, I can get a $32 entree at the Coral Reef for 1 TS (which isn't all that far from $35).

The rest of the entrees at RFC are right on par with many other 1 TS restaurants. No big deal.

GrumpyFan
10-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll be interested to see how this comes out. We love RF and were disappointed to find that it wasn't on DDP. Hopefully they will add it.

You would think it would be good business for them, if for nothing else than the extra foot traffice through there huge gift shops. Just guessing, but I would think that alone would be an extra 10-20% in merchandising sales.

bicker
10-19-2006, 06:53 AM
There may be an advantage to being one of the very few restaurants that is not participating in the Dining Plan.

tealady
07-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I booked us a reservation for the rainforest cafe in the AK for October 2007 and the lady said since we have the premium plan in is included in the meal plam.

:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
07-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I can't add to the discussion of whether RFC has been added to the DDP or not, but I had a few thoughts.

1. I don't think the RFC is hurting for business, so from their point of view, I can't see their benefit from being a DDP restaurant. We had reservations at RFC in DTD last trip for 6pm, checked in at 5pm, and were told at 6 that it would be at least another 1/2 hour wait! With reservations...(BTW, I caused a small ruckus with that one, not quite a riot, but a little bruhaha LOL)

2. With all the talk of how Disney is "dumbing down" their menus to make the DDP more cost-efficient for them, could you imagine what the RFC menu would look like if they did go DDP? Like their food or not, you have to admit that they have a pretty extensive menu. I've never been to Planet Hollywood in Orlando; does anyone know how their menu compares to other PHs?

3. We love the RFC, and it's not on the DDP. So...we pay OOP. You could even save more by dining there at lunchtime.

BTW, you know that you can call the RFC in DTD directly to make ressies, right?

Just my :twocents: well...actually, three.

snifflesmcg
07-21-2007, 01:29 AM
As of today, the Disney website does not say that the DDP is offered for this restaurant.

phillydan
07-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I made ADR's yesterday for RF at AK for Aug 2007 and was reminded twice that this restaurant is not on the DDP and that you must pay for all meals.

eLPack
07-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I was also told that RFC was NOT part of the plan - but that was for the free dining plan.. maybe it is part of another plan?

nicole48040
07-22-2007, 12:05 AM
It is NOT on the 2007 DDP, but it may be added for 2008. The confusion is due to the original start of thread having the wrong years written.

BronxTigger
07-22-2007, 12:20 AM
It is NOT on the 2007 DDP, but it may be added for 2008. The confusion is due to the original start of thread having the wrong years written.

Actually, the first post has a date stamp of October 9, 2006....almost a year ago now.

bicker
07-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I booked us a reservation for the rainforest cafe in the AK for October 2007 and the lady said since we have the premium plan in is included in the meal plam.There are several restaurants which participate in the Premium Plan that do not participate in the Disney Dining Plan.

Figgyluv03
07-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I've noticed this as well. It's on the Premium Plan, but on on the regular plan. Since we are eating at a 2TS credit restruant, we are going to try RFC out of pocket. I've always wanted to eat there but never had a chance. We have one in AC, but I'm sure it's nothing like WDW.

ToDisney
07-23-2007, 04:00 PM
tinksmom02
BTW, you know that you can call the RFC in DTD directly to make ressies, right?

I have tried this on at least 2 or 3 occasions. I have never been able to get resvervations there. I was told once that they didn't take reservations, once when I was an AP holder I requested because I had read where it was availble to passholders. They said it was only a limit space held and they were all filled for the two nights I wanted. And I think I tried again, but you know after all that, I just think it was easier to forget it and plan to either wait it out or eat on the back deck, ( it's really peaceful and you get to see some of the EPCOT fireworks if you plan it right)
opps didn't mean to go on about it:blush:
SORRY

tinksmom02
07-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I have tried this on at least 2 or 3 occasions. I have never been able to get resvervations there. I was told once that they didn't take reservations, once when I was an AP holder I requested because I had read where it was availble to passholders. They said it was only a limit space held and they were all filled for the two nights I wanted. And I think I tried again, but you know after all that, I just think it was easier to forget it and plan to either wait it out or eat on the back deck, ( it's really peaceful and you get to see some of the EPCOT fireworks if you plan it right)
opps didn't mean to go on about it:blush:
SORRY

I'm surprised to hear that, I didn't have any problems when I called to make ADR's, and they were for a Saturday night (in Janury, but RFC was popping that night!)

Matter of fact, I called the RFC in Atlantic City some weeks back, to ask about hours, and the man who answered the phone suggested I make reservations--I had just assumed they didn't take them LOL