PDA

View Full Version : Lost Season 3

Pages : [1] 2

pjbs35a
10-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Wednesday, October 4 at 9/8c
"A Tale of Two Cities"
SEASON PREMIERE
In the season premiere episode, Jack, Kate and Sawyer begin to discover what they are up against as prisoners of "The Others."

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Two more days........Let the theories begin!!!

PirateLover
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Can't wait!!! "Henry" gives me the heebie jeebies even in the commerical. And where will the RRE show up next? Remember we saw his anatomically incorrect foot at the end of last season.

pjbs35a
10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
And where will the RRE show up next?

I can't give away any spoilers, but you can bet the RRE will be a part of every episode !!!

One more day. :cool:

MNNHFLTX
10-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, I was looking forward to it, until my son's baseball coach changed their game from last night to tonight (when Lost is on). :mad: (I want you all to know that I don't use Mr. Scrunchy Face that often, but I'm pretty frustrated). I don't have the ability to record it right now, but hopefully a co-worker of my husband's will do it for me.

thrillme
10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, I was looking forward to it, until my son's baseball coach changed their game from last night to tonight (when Lost is on). :mad: (I want you all to know that I don't use Mr. Scrunchy Face that often, but I'm pretty frustrated). I don't have the ability to record it right now, but hopefully a co-worker of my husband's will do it for me.

I "think" in the worse case scenerio you should be able to download it the next day from the site.

iheartmickey
10-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I can't wait for the new episode tonight. I actually requested off work so I could watch it "live" and not tapped! :blush:

What is Hurley going to say to the rest of the losties when he gets back ... if he can even find his way back?

What's going to happen to Sayed, Jin and Sun in the boat? And Michael and Walt?

Is Locke alive? (I'm sure he is ... but why'd they leave it like that!?!

OHHH! So many questions ... can't it just be 9 o'clock already!!!!!!

OneMoreTime
10-04-2006, 08:24 PM
40 more minutes. I can't wait.
Bye the way for you who would hate to miss LOST, TIVO is the way to go and affordable :thumbsup: . I could not live without it. I will never miss an episode again.

Kenny1113
10-04-2006, 08:29 PM
"TIVO is the way to go and affordable :thumbsup: . I could not live without it. I will never miss an episode again. "

:ditto:

Dreamer7080
10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
ABC.com will let you watch the episode for free on their site the day after it origionally airs. Thursdays after 9 for lost, Fridays for Greys, Monday for desperate housewives... etc.

Very Convinent!!!

:)

AvonleaCF
10-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Henry creeps me out like nothing else.

Other than that, fantastic season premiere. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
10-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Henry creeps me out like nothing else.Except that he's Ben, and not Henry. :eek:

Thanks for the information about catching the episode on ABC.com, after the fact. My husband managed to get off work a little earlier than expected and took over at the baseball field, and I was able to see the whole show! The very first scenes were as unexpected (from the point of view of the "Others"), as last season's first scenes. Did anyone catch that the "Other" that was taking care of Kate was a patient of Jack's in a flashback? And when they told Sawyer that "the bears" figured out a way to get a fish biscuit within two hours, did anyone think of the polar bears seen earlier on the island? Okay, I'm thinking overtime here. ;)

PirateLover
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
The very first scenes were as unexpected (from the point of view of the "Others"), as last season's first scenes. Did anyone catch that the "Other" that was taking care of Kate was a patient of Jack's in a flashback? And when they told Sawyer that "the bears" figured out a way to get a fish biscuit within two hours, did anyone think of the polar bears seen earlier on the island? Okay, I'm thinking overtime here. ;)
I did like the opening. Did not catch the patient-other connection, but I did think about the polar bears!

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode yet. I guess I'm just really confused, haha!

cinderella crazy
10-05-2006, 10:59 AM
I found myself going "Hmmm." and "Very interesting" a lot last night.

I thought it was funny how this whole time the "Others" have been pretending to be filthy and live in huts when the whole time they been living in suburbian houses.

It was kind of neat to see the plane crash from their view point.

And is it my imagination or does anyone else think Juliet does not like "Henry?" I was wondering how this might play into the plot later.

It looked like from the previews that next week we'll get to see more of the rest of the survivors and some excitement with Sun, Jin, and Sayid.

Awesome beginning!!

ChipnDaleGal
10-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Okay, Henry Gale/Ben is officially the creepiest man that has ever given me the shivers on TV. He doesn't even have to talk. If he is onscreen, I am uncomfortable.

I really enjoyed this episode. It certainly makes you wonder even more what in the world is going on with these Others. My favorite part of the episode was when Kate is brought to the cages with Sawyer. The look on their faces when they made eye contact spoke volumes about how they feel about each other. I can not wait to see where those two go from there.

SBETigg
10-05-2006, 11:32 AM
I really still don't know what to make of it all. Weird. Frustrating, too. I want answers and all I get are more questions.

thrillme
10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Except that he's Ben, and not Henry. :eek:

...And when they told Sawyer that "the bears" figured out a way to get a fish biscuit within two hours, did anyone think of the polar bears seen earlier on the island? Okay, I'm thinking overtime here. ;)

Ok thankx. I'm an IDIOT. I can't believe I forgot about the Polar Bears at the beginning of the series. I don't know why but I thought Sarah hooked up with Desmond. I sure hope that Sun is carrying Jin's baby and not one of the "others" from when she was kidnapped that time.

Frusterating...I've been watching the show for 3 years...haven't missed an episode and I have no clue what's going on. ARGH

cinderella crazy
10-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I sure hope that Sun is carrying Jin's baby and not one of the "others" from when she was kidnapped that time.

This is one thing the writters have said we will not know till the end (not the end of the season. At the end of everything). How frustrating! :shake:

Wasn't Charlie the one that abducted Sun? If that's the case then it wouldn't be his child since he's too busy chasing Claire.

2Epcot
10-05-2006, 06:33 PM
The very first scenes were as unexpected (from the point of view of the "Others"), as last season's first scenes. Did anyone catch that the "Other" that was taking care of Kate was a patient of Jack's in a flashback? And when they told Sawyer that "the bears" figured out a way to get a fish biscuit within two hours, did anyone think of the polar bears seen earlier on the island? Okay, I'm thinking overtime here. ;)

I also didn't think about the polar bears when he mentioned the bears figuring it out, but that makes a lot of sense Beth. I remember hearing JJ Abrams saying that everything in the show has a logical answer.

I loved the opening, seeing the plane crash, from yet another view. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few more angles before the series wraps up.

Also, I think Sawyer is great, they always give him the best lines each week. Everyone in my LOST party loved him.

Auntie
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE

Frusterating...I've been watching the show for 3 years...haven't missed an episode and I have no clue what's going on. ARGH[/QUOTE]

You made me laugh...I got a phone call at 8 a.m. from my mother saying the same exact thing! I'm trying to explain to her what I think is going on..and was confusing myself as I explained it.

chrisb26
10-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I sure hope that Sun is carrying Jin's baby and not one of the "others" from when she was kidnapped that time.

This is one thing the writters have said we will not know till the end (not the end of the season. At the end of everything). How frustrating! :shake:

Wasn't Charlie the one that abducted Sun? If that's the case then it wouldn't be his child since he's too busy chasing Claire.
I thought the same thing. Sun wasnt abducted by the others she was taken by charlie or somebody else that we know. This was because Ana Lucia wanted to have her army so she was trying to scare the other people to join it by kidnapping Sun.
Now what we really don't know is if Jin or the man Sun was cheating on Jin with is the father.

PirateLover
10-06-2006, 06:41 PM
I just had a disgusting thought...

Maybe BEN was Jack's wife's lover. Ugh, wouldn't that be horrible?

That probably is too far-fetched. What am I talking about, this is Lost, anything is possible!
I saw that theory postulated on a message board. Just tried to find it now and I can't, but the poster had really thought it out and it kinda started to make sense. I really hope not though. Yucky.

PirateLover
10-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Really? I hope not.

I have no idea why it popped into my head but I can't see why they wouldn't tell us (and Jack) who the lover was. So I thought, it couldn't be Sawyer, could it? And that's when Ben popped into my head.
Yes I remember now a part of their theory was the constant emphasis on "him." Who is "he"? And as we know Henry aka Ben turned out to be the "Him" of the others, so maybe he is Sarah's "Him."

Auntie
10-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Ben...that is sort of freaky..yuk! :ack:

thrillme
10-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Dump Jack for Ben...UGH... :sick:

PirateLover
10-11-2006, 09:31 AM
So tonight we see what happens with Sayid, Jin, and Sun. I'm excited because Sayid is probably my favorite character :number1:

pjbs35a
10-11-2006, 08:10 PM
The RRE will make cameo appearance from stage left. Could be airborne.

disneyfamily05
10-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Aahhh, i missed the last few minutes of episode 2 - SPOILER ALERT (do not read if you haven't seen it)------- last thing I heard was"My name is Ben Linus and I have been here all my life" --- can anyone tell me what happened after that?

NJDad
10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Ben asks Jack to shake hands, Jack declines.

Jack has a TV brought in. Ben tells him Sawyer and Kate are safe and close, no more.

Ben promises Jack that if he cooperates, Ben will take Jack home.

Jack scoffs. Home? Where you sent Walt and Michael?

Yes, sez Ben.

Jack sez if you could leave, you would.

Ben tells Jack that their plane crashed 69 days ago. Since then, Bush was re-elected, Christopher Reeve died, and the Boston Red Sox won the world series.

Jack really scoffs at that last one.

Ben tells the unbelievable story of the Red Sox being down 0-3 to the Yankees and winning 8 straight.

Then he turns on a TV which shows the last out of the 2004 World Series. (courtesy Fox).

That's home, Jack, on the other side of that glass. I'll take you home, Jack.

Scenes from next week:

What happened to Locke, Eko, etc? Locke's going to save Eko's life...

MNNHFLTX
10-12-2006, 07:39 AM
I didn't find last night's episode as riveting as last week's. Maybe it was because Sun and Jin's backstory didn't seem to have as many of those little twists we're used to. Like having other survivors (or "Others") show up in the flashbacks. Or maybe it was because I am still waiting to see what happens when Hurley makes it back to the rest of the group. It was interesting to see how Sawyer initiated that kiss with Kate, supposedly to gain insight into the behavior of the Others making them work. But what was the dealio with them picking rocks??? It looked like Kate loosened them out of the ground, Sawyer picked them up and transported them about 10 feet and dumped them. Seemed pretty lame....

AvonleaCF
10-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Of course it's lame. The biggest mystery of all is who, exactly, the Others are, what they do on the island, and what they want from everyone (especially Jack, Kate, and Sawyer). Experiments maybe?

PirateLover
10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Too much is going on. They never resolve anything... every "answer" just leads to more questions. It's going to be an odd couple weeks, what with so many of the characters split up. We have Jack, Kate, and Sawyer with the Others, Jin, Sun, and Sayid on foot, Hurley on foot...god knows how he is getting back by himself...And we have our friends back at the beach who may or may not be split up (Locke, Ecko, Desmond after the blast).

I'm not sure that I like the idea of the Others being in touch with modern day society. But I'm really thinking that the Others and the Dharma Initiative are two completely seperate groups. How could they not know about Desmond and the sailboat???

MauiMouse
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I missed a couple episodes and now I'm totally "Lost". :confused:

pjbs35a
10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I missed a couple episodes and now I'm totally "Lost". :confused:

You didn't miss anything. The only ones that are Lost, are the writers of this hodgepodge. The RRE is the only thing to look forward to.

2Epcot
10-13-2006, 12:27 AM
What I thought was strange was that the "others" were surprised that the the Lost group had a sail boat. Didn't Desmond sail around the island for quite a while before Sun and everyone spotted him. Why did the "others" not see the sail boat then?

Tinkerbell627
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I haven't posted about Lost on Intercot in a long, long time. It's good to be back.

So...

The first episode of the season, "A Tale of Two Cities", only showed me a couple of things: A.) the Others location on the Island compared to everything else (such as both crash sites) and B.) Jack is very obsessive and borderline psycho... in certain situations, I suppose. The rest was okay. Kate's breakfast with Ben/Henry was a good scene, very creepy, and Sawyer and Kate's reunion was sweet.

The second episode, "The Glass Balerina", was better. I was glad to see what was going on with the "Foreign Legion" (aka Sayid, Sun and Jin) because they are some of my favorite characters and the three of them are a very interesting combination. And the kiss between Kate and Sawyer was great. I like them as a couple. I know, how "fangirl" of me. Too bad Ben/Henry is watching their every move; I want to see a great, daring escape, but it looks like they won't get very far with him around.

And also because of the last episode, I am loving Sun more and more. That girl has a dark side! Did you see the way she lied with a strait face to Big Bad Mob-Boss Daddy? She also doesn't seem to have a problem lying to Jin, whether it's about her affair or their plans on the boat with Sayid. Her character has some very interesting dynamics that I hope to see more of soon.

Next week's episode is called "Further Instructions" and it's Locke centric. I saw a sneak peek online and (SPOILER ALERT) apparently he has another one of his weird dreams/visions of him being wheeled around the airport in his wheelchair by...Boone. Can't wait to see how that turns out...

Still looking for that RRE!

Beast_fanatic
10-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Next week's episode is called "Further Instructions" and it's Locke centric. I saw a sneak peek online and (SPOILER ALERT) apparently he has another one of his weird dreams/visions of him being wheeled around the airport in his wheelchair by...Boone. Can't wait to see how that turns out...

Despite the fact that I had read this comment before I saw tonight's episode, I didn't recognize Boone at first!

The thing with Desmond and Locke's speech was creepy.

PirateLover
10-19-2006, 12:09 AM
I enjoyed tonight's show. I definitely thought Eko was a goner at the end though... he got in a drunk driving incident as well (Like Ana Lucia and Libby who got killed off last season). Hopefully he'll survive though. When Eko told Locke about Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, it clicked in my mind that Desmond somehow saw the future and that Locke would give a speech next. Can't wait to see how that plays out. I really thought we would find out why Locke was in a wheelchair, though. Oh well. The preview for next week looked nutso! I really don't like Benry (I can't just call him Ben, Henry/Fake Henry is too engrained in my mind)

MNNHFLTX
10-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Despite the fact that I had read this comment before I saw tonight's episode, I didn't recognize Boone at first!Me either, Rhonda! His hair looked darker and his eyes even bluer than they were before. It wasn't until Locke mouthed "I'm sorry" that it hit me who he was talking to.

It was neat to be back at the beach with the other survivors, but I missed seeing more of the regulars. I guess they're handing them out to us a few at a time each week. I must say that it was great to see Hurley again. He always provides comic relief during those tense moments. And who else noticed the dark-haired (short haired) guy that had several speaking lines. A new "regular" that we will get to know this year?

ChipnDaleGal
10-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Me either, Rhonda! His hair looked darker and his eyes even bluer than they were before. It wasn't until Locke mouthed "I'm sorry" that it hit me who he was talking to.

It was neat to be back at the beach with the other survivors, but I missed seeing more of the regulars. I guess they're handing them out to us a few at a time each week. I must say that it was great to see Hurley again. He always provides comic relief during those tense moments. And who else noticed the dark-haired (short haired) guy that had several speaking lines. A new "regular" that we will get to know this year?

Dakota and I were blown away by how good Boone looked too! Those eyes were amazing!! They can keep bringing him back in flashbacks as much as they want!

We were glad to see Hurley too, and Charlie. I hope the three prisoners and the three that lost their boat all make it back to the main group soon. I want all of them together again.

Beth - have you ever seen "Love Actually"? The new dark haired guy played the man Laura Linney's character was in love with.

I'm glad next week is about Sawyer, but I don't want to see those torture scenes either. It was hard enough watching him get tazered and beaten up the last two weeks.

PirateLover
10-19-2006, 11:00 AM
D
Beth - have you ever seen "Love Actually"? The new dark haired guy played the man Laura Linney's character was in love with.

You beat me too it!!! His name is Rodrigo Santoro and he played Karl in Love Actually. Loved him in that, can't wait to see how he does on Lost because I think he's gorgeous! :cloud9:

Rosanne
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Was I the only one that was screaming at the TV last night? Lost was amazing!

But I have a question... are we EVER going to find out why Locke was in the wheelchair?

ChipDale
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, I guess I'm the only one who was bored by last night's episode. :shrug:

Polar Bear - been there, done that! :rolleyes: Why bring it up again when there are too many other unanswered questions? That whole part was really stupid other than a kid's truck toy being in that cave. They could have simply shown Locke, Ecko and Desmond minutes after the explosion and moved right on to Hurley's return and plotting how to go rescue Jack, Kate and Sawyer. :confused: Locke still could have saved Ecko without wasting so much time.

I don't think Locke's flashback had anything to do with anything. So he couldn't pull the trigger and is a "good" person. :confused: And it wasn't like one of the "Others" was at that commune - that would have been cool.

There have already been 3 episodes this season and except for the first episode not a heck of a lot has happened. :wait:

MauiMouse
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Dakota and I were blown away by how good Boone looked too! Those eyes were amazing!! They can keep bringing him back in flashbacks as much as they want!

I agree Donna, I saw that Ian Somerhalder name was on the opening credit and I did a little jump for joy. What a little hottie. :heart:

PirateLover
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Polar Bear - been there, done that! :rolleyes: Why bring it up again when there are too many other unanswered questions? That whole part was really stupid other than a kid's truck toy being in that cave.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I think the methods of the polar bear were odd... as far as from what I've read and seen on TV, polar bears are not like spiders. They do not live in lairs and slowly devour their prey. I wonder if they were genetically altered in any way. We still don't know what kinds of tests were done on the polar bears and how they got released so I think it was important to show that there was at least one still alive. Why is it there?

I don't think Locke's flashback had anything to do with anything. So he couldn't pull the trigger and is a "good" person. :confused: And it wasn't like one of the "Others" was at that commune - that would have been cool.
I think it served a purpose in helping us see who Locke really is. Towards the end of last season he became more of a bad guy. It just showed how trusting he was and how many times he has been burned in the past. While it wasn't anything earth shattering, I thought it really gave us more insight into his character. Everytime he thinks he has finally acheived peace, something happens to mess it all up again. But now he has a chance to be the hero.

I dunno, I'm getting too confused by the episodes with the Others, it was nice to be back on the beach for an eppy. We didn't learn too many new things but this was my favorite episode of the 3 so far.

Advnt05
10-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I think Locke is a gonner. I still think that once you have resolved the sins of your past, something happens to you and you are taken by the island. Boone told Locke that he had to fix himself first. My theory is that once he does that and saves his friends, he's a gonner.

The island seems to be providing glimpses into the future. Locke saw the polar bear in the sweat lodge and knew that it had taken Ecko. I wonder if the same sort of vision appeared to Desmond about Locke's speech?

PirateLover
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
But, how can all of that be explained by science? The writers still maintain this.
Perhaps the island taps into some sort of 6th sense? Its been argued for thousands of years starting with the most primitive of cultures that drugs do not just cause hallucinations, but true visions. We did see locke actually make himself take some sort of drug before his vision. Many scientists believe that there have to be ways to utilize the other parts of our brains. Did they say everything could be explained by gerenally accepted science?

valjane
10-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I do believe that the writers said that we would find that out this season. When??? I have no idea.

Ya' know what I don't get???

These "Others" are the "good guys"???? They keep telling us that every week but I don't see anything 'good' about them.

Also, remember last season when Anna Lucia was told that the 'Others' took the children (she saved) because they only 'take the good ones'...well, Sawyer (as much as I love his character), Kate and Jack aren't exactly the cream of the crop. Why take three 'bad' ones suddenly?

To change them, possibly?

This is just another thing that doesn't sit well with me.

Well, but they are keeping Sawyer and Kate in jail cells and making them do manual labor during the day. And, they both have criminal pasts.

However, Jack, while being held, is getting homecooked meals and special offers from "Benry." And he doesn't have a criminal past.

Hmmmmm......

ChipDale
10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
I think it served a purpose in helping us see who Locke really is. Towards the end of last season he became more of a bad guy. It just showed how trusting he was...

We already knew that. After all, what's more trusting than giving up your kidney?

I could have done without another Locke flashback - tell me something I don't know. I don't think the writers know where the heck they're going. Yeah, we were back on the beach for a few minutes last night, but there was none of the feel of the first season. No mention of Rose and Bernard, and without Sun, Jin, Sayid and the rest there it didn't seem like the same place at all.

These writers need to decide what they're going to concentrate on and quit bouncing us back and forth or they are going to lose more audience than they did last season.

MauiMouse
10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah, we were back on the beach for a few minutes last night, but there was none of the feel of the first season. No mention of Rose and Bernard, and without Sun, Jin, Sayid and the rest there it didn't seem like the same place at all.

These writers need to decide what they're going to concentrate on and quit bouncing us back and forth or they are going to lose more audience than they did last season.

I agree with you whole heartly, Jane. The beach scene just wasn't the same without the rest of the group. Everyone seems to be going off in a different direction, and for me at least I'm getting more and more confused. I don't like that.

PirateLover
10-19-2006, 05:44 PM
I agree with you whole heartly, Jane. The beach scene just wasn't the same without the rest of the group. Everyone seems to be going off in a different direction, and for me at least I'm getting more and more confused. I don't like that.
Oh I agree with that sentiment as well. In fact after last week I said
It's going to be an odd couple weeks, what with so many of the characters split up. We have Jack, Kate, and Sawyer with the Others, Jin, Sun, and Sayid on foot, Hurley on foot...god knows how he is getting back by himself...And we have our friends back at the beach who may or may not be split up (Locke, Ecko, Desmond after the blast)
But for some reason, last night didn't frustrate me as much as the first two. Even though we didn't find too many new things, I thought it was written better and brought back more of the mystery/mystical element which is what I like... Why did Locke get the vision that he did? How did Desmond know about the speech beforehand? How did Eko know it wasn't too late to save Kate, Jack, and Sawyer?

pjbs35a
10-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Still looking for that RRE!

Standing just to the left of the polar bear!

Everyone seems to be going off in a different direction, and for me at least I'm getting more and more confused. I don't like that.

Amen!

Carol
10-20-2006, 08:58 AM
I don't think the writers know where the heck they're going. I agree. I'm getting annoyed and to the point that I really don't care. :unsure:

They'd better turn it around quick because the ratings have been dropping this season. Criminal Minds on CBS has been right on the heels of LOST and overtook it this week in some demographics.

thrillme
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM
I really thought we would find out why Locke was in a wheelchair, though.

I have a "feeling" we're going to find out that Locke is in a wheelchair because he got shot in a gunfight between the commune and the police...No it's not a "spoiler"...I'm just "guessing".

Why was Hurley looking at Desmond so "weird" like. I wasn't comfortable with that look. Surely someone can find Desmond some pants!

2Epcot
10-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Perhaps the island taps into some sort of 6th sense?

I think that might be possible too. Eveyone seems to be having some change from the island.

I just watched the show last night because we had to delay our LOST party by one day, since we had friends of our group coming in from out of town.

The hardest thing was for me to record the show, replace the commercials with a slide show of our past parties, and Lost images, and make a DVD without actually watching the show. I did manage to do it, and acutally ended up liking Wednesdays show more than I thought I would.

The best thing about watching the show with a large group every week, is someone always picks up something the rest of us miss. I like when they bring it characters from the past. I was sure that the cop was going to shoot Locke and that's why he ended up in the wheelchair. I also agree next week's show looks crazy .... also my turn to host our party.

Did they say everything could be explained by gerenally accepted science?

I remember this being said before by the creator, but it was quoted again in a recent article that was posted before the premire episode this season.

10/4/06 - Posted from the Daily Record newsroom by Matt Manochio

Getting 'Lost'

Is this popular ABC drama starting to lose fans with too few answers and too many twists?

Tonight marks the start of the third season of the hit ABC program "Lost." And if the producers know what's good for them, they'll tie up some loose ends and provide answers to key questions about the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815.

Like, why does Mr. Eko look strikingly like Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim outfielder Vladimir Guerrero?

On a more serious note, as entertaining and spooky as "Lost"is, viewers likely will lose interest in it should some of the mysterious stories get dragged out over the course of this season into a fourth year.

The Hatch has been blown to smithereens, and we're not sure if Locke, Eko, Charlie or Desmond have survived. (Of course they have, but there's got to be a plausible explanation about how they lived through an electromagnetic explosion that was triggered five feet away from them.)

Kate, Jack and Sawyer are being held by The Others, all of whom dress in burlap sacks. How do they escape? Or are they freed? And does it make sense that Kate looks like a supermodel but is somehow a crack-shot fugitive?

"I still like it a lot, too," he said. "I am hoping that we find out some answers -- and I'm not really picky about what answers I find out."

The show was intriguing during the first season because polar bears inhabit this tropical island. Where could this place be? I'm guessing some place in between New Zealand and Antarctica.

Producer J.J. Abrams said there are logical explanations for everything in the show.

I don't see how a smoke monster that clanks when it moves can be explained in any rational way, but I'll take his word for it.

Yauch, like many other devotees, is fixated on the numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. Hurley used these digits to win the lottery and his life has since spiraled downward. Those same numbers were found etched on a door leading into the hatch.

"What is the significance of the numbers?" Yauch said. "I'm still convinced the numbers have something to do with everything."

There always will be the geeky diehards who'll watch the show regardless of what tidbits are revealed.

These same people visit "Lost" message boards and post things like "I think Hurley is like the Buddha in that he's experienced the noble truth that suffering is inseparable from existence -- as demonstrated by his loss of Libby."

Last year's season finale was, by and large, a disappointment. More new twists were revealed than old questions answered.

There's what appears to be a broken statue -- think something out of ancient Greece or Rome -- on shore. All that's left of it is a gigantic left foot with four toes. Intriguing. But what does it have to do with anything?

I just want some answers. What is the monster? Where is the island? Who are the Others? We're likely to find out who the Others are, and whether the people trapped on the island are part of some larger experiment linked to the Dharma Initiative.

The show also needs some action injected into it, meaning there should be a long-awaited showdown between the survivors and the shadowy Others.

If it doesn't get it, and we're left hanging until year four begins, I'll probably find it difficult to get "Lost" on Wednesday nights.

chrisb26
10-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Tonights episode is about to start and in the previews it did look pretty intense especially for Sawyer.
I was reading about the show on TV Guide and they had some intresting info about next week.

SPOILER ALERT!

Question: The preview for tonight's Lost was intense. Please tell me Sawyer is going to be OK!

Ausiello: Sawyer's not the one you should be worrying about. (Spoiler Alert!) Next week, a major character (as in a series regular) whose name is not Sawyer will join Boone, Shannon, Ana Lucia and Libby in the big island in the sky. And you're not going to believe who it is. I won't believe it until I see it with my own eye.

I wonder who this will be I hope nobody that is really important on the show I guess we will just have to wait and see.

pjbs35a
10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Did you notice that just before the bolt of lightening hit the golf club, the RRE flashed across the screen ???

More questions, no answers, more viewers are being LOST each episode.

chrisb26
10-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Did you notice that just before the bolt of lightening hit the golf club, the RRE flashed across the screen???
I just went back to look at that episode since I have it tvioed and didnt see what you are talking about could you please tell me what a RRE is so I can watch it again and see if I notice it?
Thanks

PirateLover
10-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I just went back to look at that episode since I have it tvioed and didnt see what you are talking about could you please tell me what a RRE is so I can watch it again and see if I notice it?
Thanks
RRE Stands for "Rogue Rouge Elephant." It is sort of a running gag/joke that was started in the first season. Read through the season 1 and 2 threads for reference. Some people may find it stupid, but I love the RRE! :thumbsup:

Spaceship Tigger
10-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I liked last night's episode much more than last week's. There were some good scenes. I didn't think the presence of another island was that big of a deal, but now it makes sense that Ben was freaked out by the fact that the Losties had their own boat (but doesn't explain Juliet's lack of concern). The mention that the Others have some sort of "sub" does explain quite a bit.

I'm getting to the point now that I laugh whenever I hear people complain about getting no answers and getting bored with the show.

Advnt05
10-26-2006, 08:10 AM
I think it's weird that the Others keep saying that they are not the bad guys. In reality, they keep messing with the Losties and are the source of all problems so far. It's also interesting to me that they don't really have a good doctor on the island and are dependent on Jack. Seems risky to be involved in kidnappings and shootings if you don't have a mechanism to treat your own injuries.

MNNHFLTX
10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I think it's weird that the Others keep saying that they are not the bad guys. In reality, they keep messing with the Losties and are the source of all problems so far. It's also interesting to me that they don't really have a good doctor on the island and are dependent on Jack. Seems risky to be involved in kidnappings and shootings if you don't have a mechanism to treat your own injuries.I couldn't focus on the show like I wanted to last night, but my impression was that Juliet is a doctor, just not a surgeon. But it did seem odd that their crash cart was broken. With the modern things I've seen (CD players, TV's, audiovisual equipment, etc.), you would think they would have a working crash cart.

As far as the Others being on a separate island, someone help me out here. Initially after Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley were taken, they were on a dock. Hurley was sent back to the beach to tell the survivors not to try and find them. But then how would they get the other three kidnapped people to the other island without them knowing? I guess the assumption is that it was when they tried to escape and were shot with those darts?

Anyway, I found the show last night better than the previous one, but still just not as exciting. It doesn't bother me that they keep raising more questions than answers, but maybe seeing so much of the Others makes them seem less ominous.

Carol
10-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Juliet is a doctorYes. When she came into the 'operating room' to take Jack back to his holding room, she told him she was a fertility doctor.

ChipDale
10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
I liked last night's episode up until the part where Ben shows Sawyer the island. :down: What kind of garbage is that? We're supposed to believe that Desmond, Sayid, and the French woman never discovered the other island? :noway: Give me a break! :angry:

The writers don't have a clue where this show is going and at this rate, it's going downhill pretty quickly. :shake:

PirateLover
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Advnt05 I'm with you on the whole "We're the good guys" thing. Didn't they kill people in the first few episodes? They've kidnapped children. Tried to kill Charlie. Whatever happened to that other chick that was in Ana Lucia's group that mysteriously dissapeared? And they get a sick twisted sense of enjoyment by playing with the minds of these people.

And in regards to there being a different island... Where the heck is their little villiage then? Because Ethan and Goodwin ran to the crash sites! And they seem to get to Sawyer and Kate rather quickly when they need to. Maybe the underwater station connects to the other island? I don't know.

Advnt05
10-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I wonder if the electro magnetic thing shielded the island from the main view. Once the hatch was blown open, the island is no longer "hidden" so they pointed it out as an irrelevant fact.
Is Jack on "the sub"? Maybe the sub was parked and they kept jack on it to shield him. When he tried to open the hatch, it let in the water which would drown them all.
I can also see the Others releasing the polar bears onto the island as part of a psychological experiment to see how people react to seeing bears on a tropical island.

Advnt05
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Then is it possible that the man who beat Sawyer was not married to the woman? Could it all have been staged. The woman could be dead but Ben could have talked him into pretending to be angry to serve some point.

PirateLover
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
About the whole Kate loves Sawyer thing... I think she did mean it when she said it, but told Sawyer the opposite later to save face and hurt him a little because she was mad he wasn't being honest with her.

thrillme
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I wonder when and if Sawyer's daughter is going to show up on the island. hmmm..

:confused: Who was the guy that Desmond got the golf club from. I just couldn't place him. :confused: :confused:

I feel like such an idiot because I've been watching this from the beginning. I guess now that everybody's growing beards...they all look different. Lordy...don't ever call me for a police lineup...

PirateLover
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
:confused: Who was the guy that Desmond got the golf club from. I just couldn't place him. :confused: :confused:
He just joined the cast this season. I think we are supposed to assume that he and the woman who is featured a lot in the previews for next week were always there, we just didn't meet them yet. Remember there were 40-some survivors.

MNNHFLTX
10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Maybe the underwater station connects to the other island? That's what I am beginning to think.

2Epcot
10-27-2006, 04:31 AM
I liked last night's episode up until the part where Ben shows Sawyer the island. :down: What kind of garbage is that? We're supposed to believe that Desmond, Sayid, and the French woman never discovered the other island? :noway: Give me a break! :angry:

Jane, I also agree that it seems strange that nobody has discoverd the other island by now. It wasn't like the others were on a small island either. They had to climb very high to see the LOST island. And wouldn't Sun, Jin, and Sayid have seen the other island from the sail boat.

An underwater tunnel is very possible but even if there is a tunnel, Ethan couldn't get there "on foot" very quickly (Season Premier).

The islands were close, but not that close. That would be quite some tunnel to connect the two islands. They looked at least 3 to 4 miles apart. I think the show storyline was well mapped for the first two season, now they are trying to keep the story going. I still enjoy the show, but things seems to be getting less believable as the show goes on. I keep waiting for Hurley to find a projector behind one of the trees that created the smoke creatures.

Spaceship Tigger
10-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Jane, I also agree that it seems strange that nobody has discoverd the other island by now. It wasn't like the others were on a small island either. They had to climb very high to see the LOST island. And wouldn't Sun, Jin, and Sayid have seen the other island from the sail boat.

We don't know that Danielle never saw the island. She may have seen it but never could get there. Sun, Jin, and Sayid in the boat likely didn't sail around the whole island, either, just far enough to get to the fake camp. The original island itself is quite large and would take a while to sail around. As far as the new island goes, Ben said it was twice the size as Alcatraz - that's still very small.

Desmond is the only one right now that I think maybe should have seen it, but we really don't know if he did or not. He may have just been trying to sail straight away from the main island and never got over to where it was.

Melanie
10-31-2006, 11:34 PM

Swoon! :faint: I'm so glad this guy is on the show. I just watched episode 3 and 4 today.

MNNHFLTX
11-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Swoon! :faint: I'm so glad this guy is on the show. I just watched episode 3 and 4 today.Yes, he is a cutie, Mel. :heart:

pjbs35a
11-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Guess who makes a surprise appearance tonight ???

quicksand
11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
OK, I'll bite. Who?

Beast_fanatic
11-01-2006, 10:18 PM
The RRE was not too happy with Eko, huh?

pjbs35a
11-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I told you there would be a surprise appearance.

PirateLover
11-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm so bummed they killed Eko. Aside from the Juliet/Ben/Jack plotline I don't get the point of this episode. We know that Eko had no real qualms about killing people if he felt it justified. Yet another character killed off before I felt their plotline was done (HELLO LIBBY IN HURLEY'S FLASHBACK!!!!!)

pjbs35a
11-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't get the point of this episode.

It's a continuing trend.

PirateLover
11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
It's a continuing trend.
True true. I have to say though, this is the first time I've felt REALLY frustrated this season. I think its because I know there is only one more episode before the hiatus and I can't see them tying up too much in one hour. Bummer.

MNNHFLTX
11-02-2006, 12:12 AM
True true. I have to say though, this is the first time I've felt REALLY frustrated this season. I think its because I know there is only one more episode before the hiatus and I can't see them tying up too much in one hour. Bummer.Well, at least there will be a nice long string of new shows come February (that does seem a ways away, doesn't it?)

I just had a feeling they were going to kill off Ecko. Darn--I really liked him as an actor too. :(

Spaceship Tigger
11-02-2006, 07:32 AM
I just read where the actor who plays Ecko wanted off of the show anyway. He wanted to go back to his home in London and work on a film. He had never intended to be on the show for a long time.

The only thing that is bugging me about the show right now is the length of the flashbacks. I'm wanting to see more going on with the island, especially since the plot is currently in two entirely different places. It seems like flashbacks were about half of the episode last night.

ChipDale
11-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Looks like I'm the only one who is glad that they killed off Ecko. :shrug: If they knew they were going to get rid of him, they just should have killed him off when the hatch blew up. Why waste our time on yet another redundant flashback like they did last night? :wait: Boring!

The only good ten minutes of the show was the stuff with Jack, Ben and Juliet.

Those two new characters add nothing to the show. (That girl couldn't act her way out of an open-ended box. :rolleyes: ) Why not just utilize the rest of the gang that we know? Where are Rose and Bernard, and what happened to Sun and Jin?

I'm tired of these writers wasting my time and not advancing the story.

valjane
11-02-2006, 09:34 AM
I just read where the actor who plays Ecko wanted off
The only thing that is bugging me about the show right now is the length of the flashbacks. I'm wanting to see more going on with the island, especially since the plot is currently in two entirely different places. It seems like flashbacks were about half of the episode last night.

It almost seems like the writers bit off more than they could chew in terms of plotlines! We have the crash survivors and the Others, things happening on the island.... and then detailed/complicated flashbacks, too!

I just can't keep up. :crazy:

PirateLover
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Looks like I'm the only one who is glad that they killed off Ecko. :shrug: If they knew they were going to get rid of him, they just should have killed him off when the hatch blew up. Why waste our time on yet another redundant flashback like they did last night? :wait: Boring!

I am not glad that they killed off Eko, but I do agree with you that if they were going to do it, it should've been either when the hatch blew up or when the polar bear got him and he told Locke about saving Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. His flashbacks WERE very redundant and as I said before, we already knew that he was able to justify murder in certain circumstances. So what if we got to see Smoky again... it's not like we know what it is now or something.

PirateLover
11-02-2006, 12:11 PM
The only thing I can come up with here is that Eko saw smoky but then hallucinated the smoky picking him up, throwing him around and actually died from his previous injuries from the bear.
BUT! Remember the Pilot was found hanging from the tree in the first season, all bloodied up. Smoky was taking Eko pretty high...

AvonleaCF
11-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Smoky is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen. I actually started laughing when Eko was being thrashed around.

And a second cool part to last night's episode was the face they saw on the video in the hatch. Spooky.

PirateLover
11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I forgot all about the pilot but are we sure Smoky did it? Did we actually ever see Smoky with the pilot? :scratch: I can't seem to remember anything about that. Maybe there are other creatures that we know nothing about yet :faint: I hate to even think that :rolleyes: , I'm having enough trouble with the 'creatures' we already know about!!! :help:
We don't know for sure, but the big question was how he got that high, and I do believe they heard the noise now associated with smokey

thrillme
11-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I rather liked Eko. He was a tough guy. I wasn't up for him dying just yet.

Thanks Lovin Disney and Pirate Lover...I hadn't seen the new dark haired fellow and now Niki the blond? I thought "I" got "lost" somewhere.

I'm getting a little frusterated by the OTHERS trying to make everybody crazy or compliant. I'm not sure WHAT they're supposed to turn into.

pjbs35a
11-02-2006, 07:22 PM

There is only one interesting character left. And we only get a short glimpse each episode. And we have seen no flashbacks of him. Or is it a her ???

What is Idle Prattle For?
11-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Why waste our time on yet another redundant flashback like they did last night? :wait: Boring!

The only good ten minutes of the show was the stuff with Jack, Ben and Juliet.

Those two new characters add nothing to the show. (That girl couldn't act her way out of an open-ended box. :rolleyes: ) Why not just utilize the rest of the gang that we know? Where are Rose and Bernard, and what happened to Sun and Jin?

These are good points....

But, let's keep in mind that J.J. Abrahams, the mastermind behind this show, was busy directing MI3
while these shows were being written and filmed.

His absence shows, BIG time.

I suspect next weeks' ep. will be much better, then
come Feb. we will have a return to form, and get away
from such silly things as 'fish biscuits'.

Hope springs eternal.

Advnt05
11-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I enjoyed the episode. I do like to see the story behind how each one got to where they ended. I think the Locke seeing the bright light and Eko seeing something else could be a metaphor of the heaven/other place conflict. Maybe Eko needed to confess to clear his conscious. I do think it's interesting that all three actors with driving issues are all dead now and off the show. I'm trying to figure out though the significance of his brother not really being his brother.
I'm also trying to figure out the whole chain sound with Smokey. Sounds like a roller coaster.
I'm also confused with Ben and the woman with Jack. Who do you believe? Is Ben evil or is the woman lying with the signs?

Spaceship Tigger
11-09-2006, 08:08 AM
What, no comments yet about the episode last night?

I thought it was good (especially the ending), but didn't really have enough of a jaw-dropping moment considering that it won't be back for months. We already pretty much knew that they were going to get away from the Others after these first six episodes (although they really haven't yet).

I still love the happenings on the island, but once again thought the flashbacks were just sort of filler.

PirateLover
11-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure how I feel yet... I'm really getting tired of the flashbacks. The only ones I care to see are Desmond and perhaps some of the Others. They are getting redundant and/or just there to take up space. I'm thinking Kates hubby is going to come back into the story somehow or else that was a total waste of an episode in my opinion. And who does you know what in broad daylight when at least one party knows there are cameras everywhere? That was odd.

As far as the cliffhanger, it was alright, but I was expecting something bigger. Like say, Pickett has the gun to Sawyer's head, screen goes black and we hear a gunshot. That's a cliffhanger.

Advnt05
11-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I found it just a ho hum episode too. I liked the psychological games being played with Jack. I think he handled it all very well. He better hope that Ben lives as now it won't look like an accident if he does not.

Did anyone catch the guy saying something to effect that they couldn't get Sawyer because he was not on Jacob's list? That implies that Jacob is in charge and Ben is a renegade. Where is Jacob and who is on his list?

Spaceship Tigger
11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Did anyone catch the guy saying something to effect that they couldn't get Sawyer because he was not on Jacob's list? That implies that Jacob is in charge and Ben is a renegade. Where is Jacob and who is on his list?

Pickett was complaining about Jack and said "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list".

J9
11-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to figure out though the significance of his brother not really being his brother.

I got the impression that the smoke thing shape shifted into his brother to get Eko to talk.

But then again, the brother's body was missing from the plane...leading me to think that the smoke thing maybe inhabited the brother's body as a host so it could communicate?

If that's true, it makes me think we'll definitely be seeing Jack's dad (or at least the smoke version of Jack's dad) pop up looking alive and well in the near future. I think it's kind of funny how they just kinda "forgot" that his body was missing out of the casket in season 1.

My question is what happened to all those tailies that the others kidnapped? And were are Michael and Walt? Did they really go home like Ben said?

Spaceship Tigger
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
My question is what happened to all those tailies that the others kidnapped? And were are Michael and Walt? Did they really go home like Ben said?

I've heard that we're supposed to see the kidnapped Tailies again after the break.

The "going home" thing is a topic of discussion. Namely as to why Ben wouldn't leave the island to get medical help or at least bring someone there to help him. Maybe the Others can't leave the island either and the whole "going home" thing is a big lie. Then again, maybe they just don't want to leave for fear that they won't be able to get back or something.

PirateLover
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
LovinDisney, I agree with you on the development of Jack's character. Its nice to see him with backbone and trying to play mind games with the Others like they do with everyone else.

In regards to Michael and Walt, I just read somewhere, forgive me I can't remember where, that they are not done with that story line, but we won't see them this season. :confused: I don't get it... Walt was such a HUGE part of season 1. This does lead me to believe, in addition to the timely (or untimely) killings of our 3 favorite drunk drivers, that they did not have everything planned out beforehand.

pjbs35a
11-09-2006, 06:35 PM
What, no comments yet about the episode last night?

The silence speaks volumes.

Auntie
11-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, I am still a bit annoyed about the killing off of Mr. Eko..or Echo..not sure how that is spelled. I rather enjoyed that character. I am SICK of the back stories for Kate..and even Jack for that matter...ENOUGH. I would like to know why is it that they are now on another island...when they showed, Sawyer the island from where he supposedly came? Did I miss something..but did they take them on a boat to where they are currently..?...Didn't they also send Hurley back..did they put him on a boat?...Is this supposed to just discourage Sawyer from trying to escape..or do you think this is for real. Also weren't they around their island ..wouldn't they have noticed another island off the shore of their own. Sorry...that was back a couple of episodes..but I wondered. I would like to have seen some development of the character Rose and her husband. They got into it a bit end of last season..and I would like to see back story on someone else besides Jack or Kate. That "Henry" or whoever he is...boy is he evil...especially the shot of him with his glasses on...made you just want to sock him in the face! :thedolls:
What does everyone think about there not being any new shows until February?...I will certainly miss watching. However, I do enjoy watching knowing that it will be on again the following week, and not be replaced by something else. The episodes shown in February are suppose to be continuous ...16 of them until the season finale. I 'd rather watch this way...last season I found I was losing interest when it wasn't on for weeks at a time, and then they'd throw in a repeat.

PirateLover
11-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Jacob is another Other that has possibly infiltrated our Losties. Ethan made the list of the tailies so maybe Jacob made the list of the fronties.

Goodwin was the plant with the tailies, Ethan was with the original cast and, according to what we saw in Claire's flashback last season, never got around to making his list. But he might've told his cohorts enough about the survivors for someone else to make decisions. I like the theory of Jacob being the super head honcho. Interesting obsevation with the whole religious connection, as there have been a few of those already so it seems plausible.

I am not against the idea of there being another plant, however. So maybe Jacob was sent in to back up ethan?

Carol
02-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Finally a good episode.

I even enjoyed the pre-show recap with the writers.

Auntie
02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't usually like the re-caps..but did this one. New Show..I'm glad it's on, but I hope it picks up the pace a bit. When the patient woke up..THAT was freaky!

Is the show going to be on at 10 pm rather than 9 from now on? I prefer the 9 pm start, as my younger son and I watch together and we both have very early Wed. and Thursday morning starts. He actually watched the second half in bed in his room.

Carol
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Is the show going to be on at 10 pm rather than 9 from now on? I prefer the 9 pm start, as my younger son and I watch together and we both have very early Wed. and Thursday morning starts. He actually watched the second half in bed in his room.Yes - so it's not competing with American Idol.

I prefer 9PM too - since I don't watch American Idol and have other things to record at 10. Oh well .... :unsure:

dixielandings
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Did everyone else see the "hit by a bus" thing coming? I even saw the bus parked down the street right before Juliet informed her ex about her success. I was proud of myself - I don't always see those things.

bucky at disney
02-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Does anyone wonder if the pregnant sister thing was also set up by the other company - as a way to get her to leave her ex-husbands company?

MNNHFLTX
02-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I even enjoyed the pre-show recap with the writers.I worked late last night but TiVo'd both parts of the show. However, when I sat down and started watching the recap, I started thinking how I could actually be watching the new episode and ended up fast-forwarding to it. :blush:

MNNHFLTX
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Did everyone else see the "hit by a bus" thing coming? I even saw the bus parked down the street right before Juliet informed her ex about her success. I was proud of myself - I don't always see those things.Strangely enough, my husband and I both saw it coming. When Juliet muttered jokingly under her breath about her ex-husband getting hit by a bus, both of us said--"You know he's going to be hit by a bus now." It just seemed the type of thing the writers would make happen.

So what do you all think is Ethan's connection to Juliet's sister? He was walking down the hallway of the apartment building her sister lived in at the beginning of the show.

Patti
02-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I got the impression last night that, according to Juliet, Danielle is Ben's daughter. Isn't Russo's daughter's name Danielle? Or, am I confused...AGAIN? :confused:

2Epcot
02-08-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm glad Lost is back, overall I liked last night's episode. Not too happy about the later start time ... We still had our Lost viewing party, but don't like waiting till 10pm. Next week's episode looks like it will be good too.

dixielandings
02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I got the impression last night that, according to Juliet, Danielle is Ben's daughter. Isn't Russo's daughter's name Danielle? Or, am I confused...AGAIN? :confused:

Danielle is Rousseau's first name. Alex is the baby she refers to. So does that mean...Ben and Rousseau? I don't think so. I don't think Ben is Alex's "real" father. I hated it that she didn't get to go with Kate and Sawyer. I'm hoping that her name comes up back at the beach so Rousseau will find out where she is and go take her Amazonian tough act to Island #2 to kick some Other booty!

pjbs35a
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
They didn't win me back as a fan. Still on the fence. Just glad they didn't write out the RRE. Did anyone else see him ???

ChipnDaleGal
02-15-2007, 08:33 AM
These last two episodes were both very good for me. Very thrilling and fast paced. But I am ready for episodes to bring everybody back in. It was good to see Charlie, Claire and Hurley last night, but I want to catch up with Sayid, Sun, Jin and Locke too. I really liked Desmond last night. What a tortured fellow he is. I hope he stays with the show as I would enjoy seeing a lot more of him. Next week it looks like we get some big answers! :fingers:

Advnt05
02-15-2007, 08:49 AM
I thought last night was good too. I enjoyed the whole seeing the future thing. I'm not sure how I would react in the same situation. It does seem futile to try and change things. Mabye it's like being told to push the button. You think you have to do it until you try otherwise and find out maybe you can change things?
Who was the lady talking about when she said you would kill all of us?

Auntie
02-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I hope this doesn't mean that Charlie will die. I'm still ticked off that they killed off Echo. I don't know..I guess the episode was good..but it was all about Desmond. As mentioned I'd like to see more of the other characters, and what going on with them. I do not care for the later time slot, and feel as if I'm losing a bit of interest with the tedium of the last two episodes..guess by the time it's 10 or 11 o'clock..I just want them to put it out there..I find myself trying to figure things out..(my poor brain shuts down early!)...I hope they pick up the pace a bit.

ChipDale
02-15-2007, 09:49 AM
TV Guide reported that Lost lost 3 million viewers last week over their last show in the fall. It's either due to people losing interest or the later time slot. CSY: NY beat Lost in the new time slot.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I'm glad to hear it's about Desmond - I like his character. And I'm happy to read any spoilers for anyone who wants to share. :)

MNNHFLTX
02-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I'm glad to hear it's about Desmond - I like his character. And I'm happy to read any spoilers for anyone who wants to share. :)Jane, let's just say that Desmond's ability to see the future lies in his ability to remember the past. Hehehe, I'm feeling positively cryptic this morning. ;)

I enjoyed seeing more of Desmond's story, but the one thing that doesn't ring true to me was that lady in the jewelry store. Why is it that everyone he comes in contact with is clueless about what is going on, except for her?

This episode makes it even more difficult to imagine what the overall story is for the island and the survivors. Twist of fate, psychological/science experiment, time travel--take your pick, because it could be any/all of those or something else. It's enough to make me look forward to the end of the series so that we can know the answers!

mickeysworld
02-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I agree completely! Could we just fast forward to the end of the show and answer all the questions allready?!

PirateLover
02-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I love Desmond but I hated last night's episode. The only thing I liked was the twist at the end with him trying to save Charlie and the thing about "the universe has a way of course correcting." However I felt that the rest of the episode was confusing and dragged on a bit. And the jewelry lady was just annoying and more confusing.

Mufasa
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Was nice to see Lost get back to it's use of some clever references.

For example, a nice nod by the writers having Desmond have to deal with some of the philosophical writings of his namesake (David Hume)- mostly causation and free will versus determinism.

Also, noticed that there was another Wizard of Oz reference (the man with the red shoes and the shot of how he meets his demise).

I also definitely thought about the influence of Stephen King (his Dark Tower series) in particular with this episode and makes me think about the direction that the series is taking and what may lie ahead.

NJDad
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
TV Guide reported that Lost lost 3 million viewers last week over their last show in the fall. It's either due to people losing interest or the later time slot. CSY: NY beat Lost in the new time slot.

Last night's episode's ratings were even worse. Oddly gives me hope that the show will move towards a conclusion in a season or two, and ABC won't be tempted to drag it on without the creators' input after their contracts run out.

pjbs35a
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
The naysayer checking in again. Still waiting for the story line to make some sense and connection. I can understand why the series is losing so many viewers. When compared to the first season, there is no comparison. I am watching now just for laughs and the RRE.

NotaGeek
02-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I am still enjoying the show, but it's SOOOO different then when it all started. I need to get over the back stories and get some loose ends tied up before the season ends, or the show gets canceled.

2Epcot
02-16-2007, 01:42 PM
I am still enjoying the show, but it's SOOOO different then when it all started. I need to get over the back stories and get some loose ends tied up before the season ends, or the show gets canceled.

I think that is what they showed in the recent promo. They are going to answer some of the questions everyone has.

For me I still love the show. I loved the last episode. I don't have a problem with the back stories, as long as they work with the current story. We got to find out why Desmond was listening to "Make Your Own Kind of Music" in the hatch when we first saw him... Which by the way, I have on my iPod now.

valjane
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I've watched from Day 1, but I hate to say that Lost has gotten way too convoluted for me. It's like a completely different show than it started out as.

I still watch it, but I won't be for too much longer if it doesn't get better. Those "answers" they're promising us next week better be good!

mickeysworld
02-17-2007, 10:49 AM
there have been promises of "answers" before and I'm just more confused than ever! a question for you guys - when Desmond came back to the island, he saw the hatch was still destroyed and we know that echo is still dead, so does that mean that no one is currently pushing the button so therefore everyone else (in the real world) is dead and the only survivors are those on the island? The jewelry store lady said if Desmond didn't continue pushing the they would all be killed. i am getting very frustrated with this show.

Auntie
02-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I was wondering the same thing..regarding the button. I hope they start pulling some of the loose ends together..seems that they are going in too many different directions. I also thought the idea of Jack not letting the guy on the opertating table die...well sorry..but if it were me this guy (who he knows..is the leader and evil do-er)..would have been meeting his maker for sure. Then we WAKES UP during the surgery..come on. AND I'm still annoyed that Mr. Echo is dead. I feel as if they wasted a whole lot of time on his back story..and then poof..he's gone.

DizneyFreak2002
02-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I'll admit, I am not watching this show anymore. The first 6 episodes this season totally lost me.... Heroes is my new favorite show.. Sorry ABC... The writers for Lost has lost their touch... End the show now before ratings drop even more....

MNNHFLTX
02-17-2007, 12:46 PM
a question for you guys - when Desmond came back to the island, he saw the hatch was still destroyed and we know that echo is still dead, so does that mean that no one is currently pushing the button so therefore everyone else (in the real world) is dead and the only survivors are those on the island? The jewelry store lady said if Desmond didn't continue pushing the they would all be killed. i am getting very frustrated with this show.I can't remember now--did she talk about pushing the button (as in putting the codes in the computer) or turning the key to prevent (supposed) annihilation (I assumed it was the latter)? But it's an interesting question. What I took away from it was that Desmond was going round in a "Groundhog Day" scenario or reliving a series of events over and over. Or it was time travel. Or something else. ;)

You know, when I think back to the end of last season when the hatch had exploded (or imploded or whatever happened to it) that those two guys at one of the poles detected an electromagnetic disturbance and let Penny know about it. I still wonder what was up with that.

mickeysworld
02-17-2007, 01:54 PM
oh my gosh! I completely forgot about the research station guys! even more reason to hate this show! my frustration knows no bounds!

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Since I'm the first person to post since last night's episode, I'm assuming that you all were as underwhelmed by it as I was. What were the answers to the show's "three biggest mysteries"? The meaning of Jack's tattoo (big deal) and what else? :confused:

At least last week's show was somewhat interesting. I was anticipating that the show would pick up some momentum during sweeps month, but that certainly wasn't the case last night. And when can we get back to scenes with more of the original survivors? I think finding out about the Others would be more relevant if they would tie it back more with the rest of the survivors. :shake:

mickeysworld
02-22-2007, 01:12 PM
It's official...I'm so over it! I'm done with lost. I'm not watching anymore. Let me know what happens when the show finally gets cancelled! Underwhelmed is a good description of last night's episode, once again promises were made and I felt like I got no answers; the children get a better life? what kind of answer is that?

pjbs35a
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Another all time low. The RRE was even ashamed to show his face.

Auntie
02-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Yet another Jack..back story...boring. :sick: I do agree with the young girl who asked him WHY? did you let him live...that really didn't make sense. All that "because I said I would"...come on..give me a break. This guy has been torturing you or your friends since you came to this island. He has killed and kidnaped them.

Mickey26
02-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I agree! I am very confused! And I would like to know what questions they thought they answered, because I've got quite a few.
I am not enjoying the show as much as I use to and hope it gets better soon.
I feel like I need some kind of reference book when I watch the show, because there is so much stuff I forgot about that ties into everyones story. I forgot about them until I read them here. Maybe I should start taking notes.

ChipnDaleGal
02-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm not giving up. I still have faith that the writers are going to satisfy some of the big mysteries. I am hoping once our castaways are back together and working as a unit that the story will start advancing again.

Lacy
02-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I agree that this week's episode wasn't great. It was even worse than a typical Jack episode which is saying a lot. However, I'm certainly not giving up on the show. It is still quite entertaining even if they don't answer many questions.

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
At last! A non-Other episode!! There weren't any dark, dramatic moments or big mysteries answered, but it was fun to see all our favorite survivors again. I did think Hurley's flashbacks with his dad were touching, and Danielle's reappearance should make things more interesting again (where has she been all this time?)

AvonleaCF
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I would call last night's episode "filler." Nothing was revealed, but then, no new mysteries came up either. Wonder how the car will come into play and I wonder if Russeu will help them out to get her daughter back (unless she doesn't trust what Kate said...).

pjbs35a
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I must be getting soft. I watched the entire episode without screaming at the TV. Did you guys see the RRE in the scene of the van going down the hill ???

PirateLover
03-01-2007, 08:18 PM
I agree with Frankie in that I wasn't really frustrated by this eppy like I usually am. Yea nothing really happened but at least it was kind of enjoyable. The RRE was in rare form.

ChipnDaleGal
03-03-2007, 06:02 AM
I loved this last episode!! It might not have advanced the story, but it was "other" free and I enjoyed seeing so many of the gang back together! I just love Hurley and Charlie together. They are both fun to watch. And Sawyer was in rare form with all his nicknames and one liners! The whole thing with the van was a hoot.

ChipnDaleGal
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I really liked last night's episode too. It was good to see so much of Sayid and get more of his backstory. I am a little tired of John Locke thinking he is so smart. He is lucky that he didn't blow them all up. And the whole ping pong thing with Hurley and Sawyer was great. How will Sawyer survive a week with no nicknames??

PirateLover
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I LOVE Sayid so I was very very happy to see an eppy that featured him so prominently. He is by far the smartest guy on that island. :number1:

pjbs35a
03-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Sorry to be the negative voice again: Just a time slot filler in my humble opinion. But I am still watching, still an RRE fan.

Advnt05
03-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I wanted to run some ideas past everyone. So when Locke was at the machine playing chess, do we think that the Russian guy had not beaten the machine at chess? If the machine knew that the radar was not working, then the sonar was not working, it means that someone at some time had beaten the game and had entered the codes to indicate that the items were not working. That means there were other people through that hatch before Locke (unless the Russian guy had done that). If the Russian guy had lived in the hatch for a while, why didn't he disable the C4 explosives underneath? There were working computers. He was there for a reason. You would have to think that he wouldn't want the hatch blown. Finally, why did the woman ask him to shoot her?

ChipDale
03-12-2007, 11:41 AM
So when Locke was at the machine playing chess, do we think that the Russian guy had not beaten the machine at chess?

The Russian guy told Locke that he had not beaten the game. I don't believe him though. I think he left the game on the computer as a trap.

Is it just me or did Locke take a Stupid Pill? With all of his tracking skills and jungle survival experience, he did some really dumb things in this episode.

I'm beginning to think that Locke is this island's Gilligan. That's two hatches destroyed, only what, 5 to go? :crazy:

ChipnDaleGal
03-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Is it just me or did Locke take a Stupid Pill? With all of his tracking skills and jungle survival experience, he did some really dumb things in this episode.

I'm beginning to think that Locke is this island's Gilligan. That's two hatches destroyed, only what, 5 to go? :crazy:

Great analogy Jane! Locke is acting like Gilligan. He needs to run things by Professor Sayid before he touches anything again.

Kenny1113
03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Was that Jack's father ???:scratch:

Advnt05
03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Hhhmmm. When did Locke get the C4? So if the Others are on the island, how did they all get to the main island? You wouldn't think they would take Jack.

Not sure what happened in this episode.

Donald Duck
03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Hhhmmm. When did Locke get the C4? So if the Others are on the island, how did they all get to the main island? You wouldn't think they would take Jack.

Not sure what happened in this episode.

Locke probably got the C4 from the basement after everyone else left the house.

The Others must have taken their sub to the main island.
They need Jack to look after Ben.

pjbs35a
03-15-2007, 07:41 PM
:(

Another loser. Jack's dad (guess who else is his offspring), C4, killer alarm system, messages strapped to sea gulls, submarines; by the time this series is over, there will be no viewers left.

Beast_fanatic
03-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Was that Jack's father ???:scratch:

Yes.

So if the Others are on the island, how did they all get to the main island? You wouldn't think they would take Jack.

They took the big boat. It was in the episode where Ben had an infection and Jack bargained to save Juliet. They took him to look after Ben.

Auntie
03-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Boy..I missed something..probably fell a sleep during one of the episodes(the later time slot is not great for me...but another post)...They are all on the "original island"..you know the one the show and characters started on right?...The Others are now on the same island. They took Jack back to the original island to take care of the guy he operated on...but wasn't this guy on the ..sheeshh.."other island"..why did they move back to he original island? I must have dozed off during this.
As for last night's episode..and let's hope I didn't nod off then too!...I think they are raising more questions than they are answering and it's starting to be irritating. There is so much to keep track of. So Claire and Jack are related..maybe I was dreaming this too..but was this ever eluted to before..for some reason I'm thinking it was.

2Epcot
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode. John Locke is a little crazy, but I like him. The ending was kind of strange, how did his father end up there?

PirateLover
03-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I have been a staunch defender of Lost, vice president of the "hang in there" club, but I am waaaay too confused at this point. Did Locke's father come out of the 'Magic Box'? How this explained by SCIENCE will be interesting... I can see the shark coming now... will Locke be the one to don water skis and jump over it?:ski: :shark:

Touchdown
03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Much like Jack's father, Echo's brother, and Kate's horse I think its apparent that that is not Locke's real father. Something on the island has the ability to morph into anything and apprently enjoys morphing into something/one who is going to help the survivors overcome their short comings. My own personal belief is that this is the smoke monster, but I have no real proof to back this up.

PirateLover
03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Much like Jack's father, Echo's brother, and Kate's horse I think its apparent that that is not Locke's real father. Something on the island has the ability to morph into anything and apprently enjoys morphing into something/one who is going to help the survivors overcome their short comings. My own personal belief is that this is the smoke monster, but I have no real proof to back this up.

Yah know, this idea DID cross my mind but my only thing is, why was his mouth taped up and he looked like he had been beaten? I mean all of the other people just looked normal, like the person remembered them. TOO CONFUSING!

Auntie
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I liked this episode. Probably the first since it started back that I really enjoyed. We finally found out how Locke wound up in the wheel chair. Nice to get an answer to something for a change. Locke is so different in his flashbacks..you almost want to smack him in the head and say "snap out of it!"..when he is dealing with his father. So unlike his character on the island. Obviously his father is his biggest fear..and here he blows up the submarine with the thinking that the connection between them is done..the guy can never hurt him again.

PirateLover
03-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I will admit that I wasn't disappointed in the way Locke ended up in the wheelchair. Pushed out of a window by his father 8 stories high. They delivered on that one. :thumbsup:

Auntie
03-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I know what you mean! It was horrifying...I didn't expect that. I had a feeling it was coming with the apartment and the glass windows..but the way his father lunged at him with such force was startling.

Touchdown
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Yah know, this idea DID cross my mind but my only thing is, why was his mouth taped up and he looked like he had been beaten? I mean all of the other people just looked normal, like the person remembered them. TOO CONFUSING!

Ah but what if Ben actually controls the monster (which I think could definatly be his "magic box") and then just tied it up to make it look like he is helping Locke.

cinderella crazy
03-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I think everyone can agree that Ben is a VERY manipulative person. What a great job that actor does. He just creeps me out!

I wonder who will be leaving next episode. The obvious choise would be Charlie (I wonder how Evangeline would feel about that). But since that's so obvious, maybe it won't be him.

I do know that next weeks episode is about those two people that just appeared awhile ago,(Can't think of their names. You know, the ones that pop up with the regulars every now and then, and you're wondering "Who are you?") And Shannon and Boone are supposed to be in flashbacks next week.

I'm happy that they finally revealed how Locke ended up in a wheelchair. Now I'm curious if Claire and Jack will figure out that they're half brother and sister.

PirateLover
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Their names are Paulo and... Jen? Stacey? LOL I can't remember either... I bet one of them bites the dust. They have turned out to be rather meaningless thus far. And the fact that their back stories are lumped together says to me they aren't as significant as other characters.

2Epcot
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Usually the ABC promo department tells us about a surprise ending, or something you won't see coming. Last night was actually a really great ending, and they actually kind of played it down. Anyway, I thought last night's show was great, at first I thought it was strange that dead people were having flashbacks, but it made sense later.

chrisb26
03-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I really enjoyed last nights episode it was great. The preview for the show made me thinking something totally different then what actually happened. I really wasn't expecting what happened. The previews made it look like Sun was somehow involved. Even while watching the show I thought she was somehow involved with what happened to those two. I liked the ending it was something I wouldn't have thought was going to happen. Although I did know what happened to that girl Nikki before it actually happend since that teacher explained what happened with the female spiders. I also enjoyed how we got to see things from anothers prospective. I find it interesting how they knew alot of things that they chose not to share with anybody that could have really helped (Knowing the others wanted something with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer). While they were showing the scene from when the plane crashed I was wondering if they had to re-shoot the entire scene or if they had already filmed all that with those two in it when they filmed it originally.

2Epcot
03-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I also enjoyed how we got to see things from anothers prospective. I find it interesting how they knew alot of things that they chose not to share with anybody that could have really helped (Knowing the others wanted something with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer). While they were showing the scene from when the plane crashed I was wondering if they had to re-shoot the entire scene or if they had already filmed all that with those two in it when they filmed it originally.

I thought we were done with the plane crash stuff, now into the third season, but it was great to go back to the scene again. I doubt they re-shot the crash, that was too expensive. My guess is they spent a couple of weeks shooting that crash, and were able to isolate all the characters from the beginning.

I enjoyed seeing things from The Others' view as well. It was also great seeing a lot of characters that haven't been seen in a while, or were killed off.

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2007, 05:42 PM
This was the kind of episode I really like, as it tied together some strings left dangling from past shows. While it might have been a bit of cheap trick to kill off two "regulars" that were not even regulars until this season (and not shown much even then), it was interesting to see their back story and how it played into the current storyline.

And getting to see Shannon and Booth again was an added bonus. :thumbsup:

PirateLover
03-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I guess I'm the odd one out. I pretty much hated it. "Nikki" is a bad actress, IMHO. Maybe I'm missing something, but what loose ends were tied up? Ben likes to manipulate people! Shocker! What was added to the series by introducing and then killing off these two characters? From what I could tell, they didn't know anything any other castaway didn't know (talking big picture here), and they didn't really affect the main storyline in any way.

ChipDale
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
This episode was a complete waste of my time. Watching that Nikki girl "act" (and I use that term loosely :rolleyes: ) was painful enough, but to have an episode where the story was not moved along at all really ticked me off. Bleh, I hope Nikki and Paulo are both really dead because they have added nothing to the show. The only thing that was revealed was that Sun found out that Charlie was the one who kidnapped her. Big deal! :rolleyes:

Carol
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
You're not alone. I too thought it was a wasted hour. :unsure:

Advnt05
04-05-2007, 02:05 PM
So...every show now seems like there is a connection to the losties somehow outside of the island. I'm curious to see how they tie it all together in the end.
Has Locke decided to stay now based on what he saw in the room with Ben?
Do you trust that Libby is neutral? She has a sneaky look about her. :cool: Also, why would she not know about the monster? How did she know the gate was not turned on? She knew quickly enough how to turn it back on and that it would stop the monster (the one she had not seen before). The monster can go up high, why did he not just go over the wall? It seemed like it flashed and got scared when it saw Libby the first time.

The joke that Hurley played on Sawyer was priceless.

chrisb26
04-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I did enjoy last nights episode. I also can't tell whether or not Juliet is neutral. At first I didn't understand how she could say she didn't know what the monster was. However later in the episode after she and Kate got seperated she did say that they didn't know where the monster came from but that it didn't like the fences. Which is strange because for the longest time I just figured that the monster was some kind of security system that the others had but now it appears that this isn't the truth. I can't figure out why they left Juliet behind although they did want to kill her a few episodes back. I think that if she was working with the others still that it would be easy for her to get in since Ben probably knew that Jack wouldn't leave her behind. I really liked Sawyer last night it was very funny I especially liked the part when he went up to Claire and told her that Aaron wasn't as wrinkly as he was a couple weeks ago that was so funny. I liked what Hurley did to Sawyer I was surprised it was just Hurley doing it to him. I totally believed that they actually wanted to banish Sawyer. The episode next week looks good hopefully we will get some un-answered questions when Juliet tells Sayid what she had done for them.

Auntie
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I liked the episode..but I'm also kind of Kate flashbacks. I enjoyed the entire Hurley/Sawyer storyline..that was funny. I gotta tell ya..Jack...is a SAP. I used to really like him..but I think he is so predictable that's why they knew he would do the surgery..and WHY he didn't let that guy die on the table..give me a break! I still can't get over that. Now...he takes what's her name back with them? Will this guy NEVER learn? At least keep her under lock and key. I think Sayid understands human nature best. Will they all live on the island, when they could move to the island that actually has homes and modern amenities now? Wonder if they will clue in the rest of the original lost group as to what's going on with the "others".

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
I really liked the week's episode too. I think Hurley and Sawyer usually get all the best lines anyway, but it is especially entertaining when they interact so much.

They will have to do a lot of fancy writing to get me to ever like Locke again. He has felt wrong all season. I don't trust Juliet, but it will be interesting to see how she affects our castaways and just what kind of secrets she will reveal about the others. I agree that Sayid is the best at reading people. I am sure he is going to really keep an eye out on her.

And did I miss something? Where did the Others go? Did they go back to the other island where they had Jack, Kate and Sawyer?

Mufasa
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Here's what bugged me about this week's episode- so the sonic "security" system keeps the monster out from the other's village... but what's stopping the monster from flying over the barrier completely?

After all, isn't that how Locke, Kate, Sayid and Rousseau got past those barriers?

And this thing can uproot trees right out of the ground, but apparently it can't reach you if you're hiding in one?

ChipnDaleGal
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Here's what bugged me about this week's episode- so the sonic "security" system keeps the monster out from the other's village... but what's stopping the monster from flying over the barrier completely?

After all, isn't that how Locke, Kate, Sayid and Rousseau got past those barriers?

And this thing can uproot trees right out of the ground, but apparently it can't reach you if you're hiding in one?

Maybe Smokey isn't very smart. All braun and no brains! It might not realize it can over the fence. And maybe it tracks by motion and since the girls were sitting very still in that tree it couldn't find them.

ChipDale
04-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I've had it with that stupid smoke monster. :down:

Exactly! I thought the same thing. :crazy:

I liked the episode too for the most part. I think it will be very interesting to see Juliet in "our" camp. I don't think she's a bad person. We saw how she was taken to the island against her will. I think all she wants is to get back home.

pjbs35a
04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
The RRE is the only thing that is saving this series.

Carol
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm looking forward to the 'homecoming' next week.

I've had it with that stupid smoke monster. :down:
Yep. It's a bunch of wasted screen time. :bored:

MNNHFLTX
04-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I really liked the week's episode too. I think Hurley and Sawyer usually get all the best lines anyway, but it is especially entertaining when they interact so much. I like that too, Donna! And after I watch an episode with a lot of "Hurley-isms", I find myself starting most sentences with "Dude--". :silly:

As far as the Smoke Monster, I just hope that they actually have a plan to explain it eventually and are not just making this up as they go along. When this series is completed (after season five?) I want to know what that thing is.

cinderella crazy
04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I am so glad that Jack is going back to the camp tonight! At the beginning of last weeks episode I turned to DH and told him: "If they don't bring Jack back soon, I may just give up on the show." And what do you know?! This one he comes back.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Julliet. It looks like Sayid is going to pressure her for some answers. I still don't believe she's there becuase the "Others" kicked her out. I think Jack's going to get pie in the face before it's over.

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Julliet. It looks like Sayid is going to pressure her for some answers. I still don't believe she's there becuase the "Others" kicked her out. I think Jack's going to get pie in the face before it's over.

I think she is there as a mole for Ben. She might not be an evil person. She might be doing his bidding so she can get home. But I do not believe that she will be good for "our" castaways. But, as a pot stirrer, she might make things very interesting around the camp.

NJDad
04-12-2007, 05:59 AM
I think she is there as a mole for Ben. She might not be an evil person. She might be doing his bidding so she can get home. But I do not believe that she will be good for "our" castaways. But, as a pot stirrer, she might make things very interesting around the camp.

You're right!

But I also think you're right about her doing his bidding to get home. Unless there's another shoe to drop about the sister and her child.

Actors must love being on this show. You can have a death scene and keep getting work for episodes after that.

Carol
04-12-2007, 07:18 AM
You nailed it, Donna.

I really enjoyed the episode. It was nice having everyone 'home'. And we even got a few answers.

ChipnDaleGal
04-12-2007, 08:19 AM
I liked having them all back together too. I really enjoyed this epsiode, it just flew by for me. That Ben is a real puppetmaster, isn't he? And Juliet is very complicated. She might harbor some ill will towards our group since Ana killed Goodwin, and she certainly seemed to care for him. Juliet's intentions are very hard to read.

With only 5 new episodes left this season, I hope they concentrate on Sun and Jin a little before the season ends. And where have Rose and her hubby been?

Jenemmy
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
I really need to start taping Lost so I can go back through it a little more thoroughly....but, two thoughts lingering with me after last night....

---Didn't Juliet actually tell Jack that she handcuffed herself to Kate and then lied about it when they were on their way back to camp? Does this mean Jack knows the plan and has been swayed as well?

---Ben told Juliet that Claire had been given an implant and it would take affect in 48 hours. Who gave her an implant??? When did she get it?? I felt like it was something recently given to her, not back when she was kidnapped....

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Auntie
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Hmmmm....is right. I enjoyed the episode.
Is Jack wacked or what? The guy is just too trusting. So he figures Juliet is there against her will...so this means she is one of them?....I think not. What a distinct difference between Juliet in her flashbacks and her personality on the island. Like two different people entirely. I'm still hoping that Sayid is not taken in by her. I hope his instincts stay true.

ChipnDaleGal
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
---Ben told Juliet that Claire had been given an implant and it would take affect in 48 hours. Who gave her an implant??? When did she get it?? I felt like it was something recently given to her, not back when she was kidnapped....

I think they put the implant in Claire when Ethan kidnapped her in Season One. When Juliet and Ben were talking at the end of last night's episode, Ben said that the implant had been activated and Claire would be exhibiting symptoms within 48 hours. So they turned it on right before they gassed the compound. At least that is the way I understood it.

2Epcot
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I think she is there as a mole for Ben. She might not be an evil person. She might be doing his bidding so she can get home.

Yes Donna, you were right about this, and I had thought the same thing after watching the show the week before. I was almost sure I saw her running around with a gas mask when all the others were preparing to leave. I was going to go back and look at that scene again, but I never did. When I saw Ben give her the gas mask last night, I knew I must have saw that correctly.

MNNHFLTX
04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Hmmm, very interesting episode. So women on the island cannot have babies naturally. So the children were possibly being kidnapped to help re-populate their society? It makes sense then that Alex was kidnapped to be Ben's daughter. And I still can't get out of my head that Ben said he has been on the island his whole life. Since women cannot give birth there, was he kidnapped too? And how does the Darma Project fit into all this?

Juliet seems to be very duplicitous, but it may be that she is actually playing Ben too. It appears that she would do anything to get back to Miami and Ben has already proven that he is not true to his word (or at least his "rules" change as they go along) and has no intention of ever letting her go back. I'm sure he would not have let Jack go back either and it makes me think he intentionally let Locke find those explosives to blow up the sub.

It was fun to see everyone together, but I wondered about Rose and Bernard too. And wasn't it sweet to see how happy Sawyer was to see Kate back?

ChipnDaleGal
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
And wasn't it sweet to see how happy Sawyer was to see Kate back?

That was one of my favorite moments from last night. You could see how much he cares about her all over his face, and by how he hugged her. I also thought Sawyer looked happy to see Jack. Their awkward greetings were funny. And I also really liked when Hurley was "babysitting" Juliet on the beach. His character is just so engaging.

Advnt05
04-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure women can't have babies on the island. I think the whole story and serum thing were concoted to get them to trust Julet. The implant is what made Claire sick. Otherwise, there have been no ill effects on her by having the baby.
Now it's quite possible that the other women can't get pregnant. That may be why they took the kids. I'm wondering if Ben was a kid that was taken at one point in time. It's easier to brain wash kids from the start than to try and program adults.

chrisb26
04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I really enjoyed yesterdays episode overall. When I first saw that it was another Juliet flashback I was dissapointed at first since this is her second one since the show started back up and there are other flashbacks for people I want to see but I really enjoyed watching how Juliet got to the island.

I did find it strange that women couldn't have babies on the island. I also found it strange that Ben did say he has lived on the island his entire life. Now I have two theories about this first is that Ben was actually born on the island some how. If this is the case then maybe he is immune to the island’s healing powers. He is the only person on the island who has every gotten cancer he is also the only person who isn’t having their injury they have gotten healed. Maybe being born on the island did this. Now if he wasn’t born on the island then maybe the got to the island as a small baby and has just considered living on the island his entire life.

I also can’t remember if Danielle Rousseau had her kid on the island or not. I would probably have to go back and watch these episodes again. If she was also born on the island then it puts that episode last night to not make much since. However for some reason I think that her daughter was born before they got on the island.

---Didn't Juliet actually tell Jack that she handcuffed herself to Kate and then lied about it when they were on their way back to camp? Does this mean Jack knows the plan and has been swayed as well?

I thought teh exact same thing when she said that. When they were walking she told Jack that she dragged Kate into the jungle and handcuffed herself to Kate and pretended to be gased as well. What I can Figure out is if she was "joking" with Jack or if he actually knows what was going on with Ben and Juliet. Now what I found a bit strange was last week when they went into Jack's house to get him. The entire place was trashed making it appear that Jack put up a huge fight. However who know's if this is truly what happened or if Jack really knows. I can't really tell because Ben did tell Juliet that they would use Jack to get back to camp so it doesn't really help with whether or not he knows.

This was a great episode and I really enjoyed it. Next weak looks like a great episode as well. Did anybody else hear what sounded like a helecopter in the background? What are these visions that Desmond is seeing? Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Auntie
04-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Anyone remember Walt and Michael? What do you think happened to them. Certainly when they went off in the boat they weren't able to return to the real world. Wonder if they will mention them anytime soon...not that many more shows to go this season?

ChipDale
04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Anyone remember Walt and Michael? What do you think happened to them. Certainly when they went off in the boat they weren't able to return to the real world.

Remember Zeke (Tom) gave them some coordinates and said follow them and it will get you home. I think they did make it back home and we'll never hear from them again.

Did anyone watch last night's episode yet? I haven't, but I love spoilers. :D

I did enjoy last week's episode. I think there are only 4 or 5 more episodes left.

ChipnDaleGal
04-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Did anyone watch last night's episode yet? I haven't, but I love spoilers. :D

I did enjoy last week's episode. I think there are only 4 or 5 more episodes left.

I am still digesting it, Jane. It was more about Desmond. His back story keeps getting more complicated. At one time he was a monk! I did not see that coming, but it is funny how it explains his constant use of the word "brother".

It was another good episode for me. I am mad at Kate for hurting Sawyer's feelings. I loved Jin telling scary stories around the campfire. Couldn't understand a word he was saying, but you could insert any standard ghost story in and it worked. I am really enjoying some of our characters finally getting more screen time again.

PirateLover
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I loved Jin telling scary stories around the campfire.
I laughed so hard at that scene, and pretty much most of the scenes of those guys together. Every time Jin smiled and said "Camping!" I laughed.

I liked last night a lot, even though I am really confused still :dizzy:
But I found myself getting really into it, making predictions, getting excited/nervous
...Haven't felt that way about this show in awhile.
I felt bad for Sawyer too. I loved that line "You need me to make you a mix tape?" And then later on he has a Phil Collins tape from Bernard... I miss Bernard and Rose by the way :(

chrisb26
04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I really enjoyed last nights episode. I think it is really starting to get good. Can't believe that there are only four episodes left :(

I did think it was bad that Kate hurt Sawyers feelings and only slept with him to spite Jack that wasn't really right. But I did like how Sawyer did kinda just brush it off. I also liked the part when Sawyer called Kate Freckles and he explained how he could call her nick-names because she wasn't there when the bet was made.

I also enjoyed Jin's scary story even though you couldn't understand a word he was saying I thought it was funny how he still managed to scare Hurley.

I liked Desmonds flashback I also never would have guessed he was a Monk. We also found the wine they made was the wine that Desmond got drunk off of a few episodes back. We also found out how Desmond met Penny which was neat.

I liked how you couldn't figure out if Desmond was once again going to save Charlie. For a while there I was thinking he was going to let Charlie die. At the start of the episode I actually thought Charlie did die. I liked how they showed what these flashbacks looked like to Desomond.

Now we just have to figure out who this person is that fell out of the plane or helicopter. Who ever it was knew Desmond but I couldn't figure out if Desmond knew them. It defiently wasn't Penny but couldn't figure out who it was.

NJDad
04-19-2007, 08:04 PM
And on the head monk's desk, a picture of the jewelry store lady from a previous Desmond flashback.

Auntie
04-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Remember Zeke (Tom) gave them some coordinates and said follow them and it will get you home. I think they did make it back home and we'll never hear from them again.

I can't imagine that they gave them the right coordinates..I would think they wouldn't risk having help sent back to find the other surviors of the plane crash. I figured the boat would just go around the islands..like the one Desmond originally tried to escape on that kept bringing itself back around.

MNNHFLTX
04-19-2007, 08:39 PM
And on the head monk's desk, a picture of the jewelry store lady from a previous Desmond flashback.My husband and I picked up on that too!

I'm intrigued that Desmond was convinced that the parachuter would be Penny. In his visions he never actually saw her. So will he decide that the reason the woman isn't Penny is because he saved Charlie, which somehow messed up his "Groundhog Day" scenario? And does all this go back to the two guys that detected a disturbance in the earth's magnetic field when the hatch imploded and were able to pinpoint where it was?

Why am I always asking more questions after I watch this show, lol!!??

I didn't like what Kate did to Sawyer last night. She really is conflicted in her feelings, but then again, that's not new to her.

pjbs35a
04-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Why am I always asking more questions after I watch this show, lol!!??

Because the pieces of the puzzle do not fit together. The closer we get to the end of the season the more disappointed we are going to be with the final episode. They jumped the shark a long time ago.

Still rooting for the RRE !!!

NJDad
04-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Desmond thought it was Penny because he kept seeing the photo of the two of them in his vision. He didn't foresee that someone else would have it on them as they parachuted into our television show.

Advnt05
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm guessing that the jumper is related to the men at the pole who detected the magnetic disturbance. I'm also guessing that they notified Penny who hired a search team to find him. That's why they had the photo. The girl recognized Desmond when she saw him. As you can tell, there is a lot of guessing going on. I'm wondering what brought down the helicopter. I figured once the magnetic station blew up, then planes, boats, and such would come safely to the island. I guess not.

Nice catch on the wine. So that's the wine that Charlie presented to him to get him drunk a few weeks back? That would also make it the wine that Penny's dad had and taunted Desmond saying he could never afford it which is ironic since he made it.

walstib
04-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Nice catch on the wine. So that's the wine that Charlie presented to him to get him drunk a few weeks back? That would also make it the wine that Penny's dad had and taunted Desmond saying he could never afford it which is ironic since he made it.

Actually, it was a scotch that Desmond got taunted and drunk with in his earlier flashback episode.

walstib
04-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Because the pieces of the puzzle do not fit together. The closer we get to the end of the season the more disappointed we are going to be with the final episode. They jumped the shark a long time ago.

Still rooting for the RRE !!!

It's not "Law & Order" - it doesn't get neatly explained in one episode.

When exactly was the shark-jumping ?

So, are we discussing spoilers about the finale ? Do you know what our disappointment is going to be about ?

I hope it's not a flashback centering on the RRE !;)

Advnt05
04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
You know...as I was typing my last post, I kept thinking.."I thought it was whiskey". I stand corrected. It would have been a nice twist though if it was the wine.

ChipDale
04-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I can't imagine that they gave them the right coordinates..I would think they wouldn't risk having help sent back to find the other surviors of the plane crash. I figured the boat would just go around the islands..like the one Desmond originally tried to escape on that kept bringing itself back around.

My memory stinks :blush: but I think I remember something about him handing the coordinates and saying that was the way out, but not the way back in. Maybe someone else remembers or has the DVD and can go check?

pjbs35a
04-20-2007, 05:52 PM
1. It's not "Law & Order" - it doesn't get neatly explained in one episode.

2. When exactly was the shark-jumping ?

3. So, are we discussing spoilers about the finale ? Do you know what our disappointment is going to be about ?

4. I hope it's not a flashback centering on the RRE !;)

1. Not speaking of one episode. Speaking of the entire series.
2. See Happy Days, Fonzie jumping shark on water skis. Used in the television, to mean it's time to shut down the series.
3. I can see into the future also. Have never seen a Season Finale live up to its hype.
4. If it was, it could only be better than what I have seen so far this season.

But I keep watching, hoping for something positive. Have been disappointed so far. But don't believe what I am saying, look a the ratings. Pitiful. Losing viewers by the millions each week.

Or.....Look a the posts in this thread, from the beginning to now, quite a difference.

2Epcot
04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I enjoyed last week's show. I also wondered if Desmond was really going to save Charlie this time.

2. See Happy Days, Fonzie jumping shark on water skis. Used in the television, to mean it's time to shut down the series.

"Jumping the Shark" is used a lot about shows, but the reality is "Happy Days" ran 6 more seasons after Fonzie jumped the shark. Some shows never make it to 6 seasons.

pjbs35a
04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
"Jumping the Shark" is used a lot about shows, but the reality is "Happy Days" ran 6 more seasons after Fonzie jumped the shark. Some shows never make it to 6 seasons.

But were the additional 6 seasons quality seasons? What happened to their audience. Check the ratings. All downhill. Some programs should't run for six seasons or an additional six seasons.

walstib
04-21-2007, 11:29 AM
3. I can see into the future also. Have never seen a Season Finale live up to its hype.
4. If it was, it could only be better than what I have seen so far this season.

1. Would there be a Lost if everything was explained ? Should we get rid of the whole mythology of the island to just concentrate on the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle ?

2. I understood the reference...you nailed it by giving the specific scene were the term originated from. When did it happen in Lost ?

3. Let's talk PowerBall instead of finales !
Personally, I think the only episode that topped either Lost finale was the pilot. No, everything was not answered in them, but great episodes anyway. Lost has to remain a mystery, or it becomes Gilligan's Island.

4. Yeah, the first few shows of the season were weak. I think since the return from the break, they've improved and really started to capture the essence of the 1st season that we all seemed to love.

NJDad
04-22-2007, 06:39 AM
But were the additional 6 seasons quality seasons? What happened to their audience. Check the ratings. All downhill. Some programs should't run for six seasons or an additional six seasons.

Jumping the shark doesn't mean a show is cancelled, or otherwise goes off the air. It's referring to when it probably should have stopped being broadcast.

Jumping the shark is a metaphor that was originally used to denote the tipping point at which a TV series is deemed by a viewer to have passed its peak, or has introduced plot twists that are illogical in terms of everything that has preceded them. Once a show has "jumped the shark," the viewer senses a noticeable decline in quality or feels the show has undergone too many changes to retain its original charm.

pjbs35a
04-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Finally, I've got your blood pumping.

1. Would there be a Lost if everything was explained ? Should we get rid of the whole mythology of the island to just concentrate on the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle ?

2. I understood the reference...you nailed it by giving the specific scene were the term originated from. When did it happen in Lost ?

3. Let's talk PowerBall instead of finales !
Personally, I think the only episode that topped either Lost finale was the pilot. No, everything was not answered in them, but great episodes anyway. Lost has to remain a mystery, or it becomes Gilligan's Island.

4. Yeah, the first few shows of the season were weak. I think since the return from the break, they've improved and really started to capture the essence of the 1st season that we all seemed to love.

1. No saying explain everything, just not insult our intelligence.

2. Too many to list.

3. I think I saw Gilligan a few weeks back walking on the beach with a cell phone.

4. We should not accept weak episodes. In the past the words, "Excellece in Broadcasting," were used in the same breath with television. Don't let the media dictate what we should like or dislike; fashion, music, morals, etc. Demand more!!

Jumping the shark doesn't mean a show is cancelled, or otherwise goes off the air. It's referring to when it probably should have stopped being broadcast.

You have made my point.

walstib
04-22-2007, 04:40 PM
This is just pointless ! Still no examples of specific "shark-jumping". None for "insulting our intelligence" either.

Every episode of Lost should answer questions, and never create more. Each episode should be measurably better than the last. No other series ever had any weak episodes.
They better explain everything to us in very easy to comsume little bites or we'll all jump off the bandwagon.

Oh wait, apparently we all already have...

Sorry, if sarcasm has offended anyone. I know it against TOS.:confused: Lost is still one of the best written shows on television, regardless of the ratings dive the show took after switching times, and taking a long break.

We'll agree to disagree...I just thought the thread originator would be able to justify the weekly bashing.

PirateLover
04-22-2007, 04:51 PM
I think it is pretty clear to see that the writers of Lost have lost their way a little bit. They supposedly knew everything they were doing from the beginning, right? They said it was a 6 season arc. Well, now we are being told that they could wrap it up in a 4th season. Why was Walt such a focus of season one AND two, only to have him sent off on his way home, never to be mentioned again??? Why now for two seasons in a row have we had new characters introduced only to have them killed off? In season 2, it seemed odd because it was never explained what Libby was doing in Hurley's flashbacks. This season, they came right out and basically said that Nikki and Paulo were killed off because of backlash against them.
I have loved Lost since episode 1. Last season, I had many friends who started to get frustrated by it, yet I kept defending it. This season, I've found that much harder to do. I find that I watch it more out of habit than out of awe and amazement. The past few weeks have been better, but overall this season has pretty much stunk. Add that to the fact that it comes on so darn late and I am now officially in the column of disgruntled fans.
I know that it isn't reasonable to expect every question to be answered. After all, the mystery is what drew us into the show in the first place. However, when we are bombarded with new plot twist after new plot twist when some long outstanding questions have not been resolved, it starts to get frustrating. And then you have producers that just flat out lie to the public. For instance, before this season they said that there was something that the fans missed in the pilot episode that was a major clue. Well now they've come out and said that they just made that up to throw people off track :confused: A few episodes back, we were told that 3 of the islands biggest mysteries would be resolved. I remember leaving that episode feeling like I had zero answers and 10 more questions.

All in all I still think Lost is a good show but this season, up until the last 3 episodes, just did not measure up to the first or even the second.

ChipDale
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
I liked this week's episode, but then I really like the Desmond character so that may have something to do with it.

I love when they inject some humor into an episode - the "camping" trip was great! Poor Sawyer - that storyline is getting really good.

I just hope that this woman who dropped in on them can act. We don't need another Ana Lucia or Nikki wandering around the island. :rolleyes:

Only 4 episodes left. How much longer is Desmond going to keep saving Charlie?

pjbs35a
04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
This is just pointless ! Still no examples of specific "shark-jumping". None for "insulting our intelligence" either.

Every episode of Lost should answer questions, and never create more. Each episode should be measurably better than the last. No other series ever had any weak episodes.
They better explain everything to us in very easy to consume little bites or we'll all jump off the bandwagon.

Oh wait, apparently we all already have...

Sorry, if sarcasm has offended anyone. I know it against TOS.:confused: Lost is still one of the best written shows on television, regardless of the ratings dive the show took after switching times, and taking a long break.

We'll agree to disagree...I just thought the thread originator would be able to justify the weekly bashing.

Wow, so you know that sarcasm is against the INTERCOT Terms of Service and you post anyway, Hmmmmmmmmmmm??? My intention was just to share my point of view, not to upset the loyal fans of Lost.

I (the thread originator)intended to list a few of the Shark Jumps to justify my "weekly bashing", but this 2006 article from MSNBC covers most of the points I had planned to mention, plus a few more. Bear in mind, I am still watching each weekly episode and hoping for better things to come. Remeber all are entitled to an opinion, that what makes it so much fun.

"In final moments of its second season, ABC's “Lost” revealed that in an arctic location somewhere two men were alerted to electromagnetic activity on the island, and alerted the lover of one of the island’s inhabitants. For the first time, viewers saw the outside world, and the possibility of rescue became very real.
Or maybe not. In Entertainment Weekly’s fall TV preview issue, one of the executive producers, of “Lost,” Carlton Cuse, said, “That scene obviously suggests a new direction for the show.” His writing partner Damon Lindelof said, “Hanging over the storytelling in season 3 is this idea that there is an outside world…or is there? I mean, what did we see?”
Reading those final four nonsensical words, I knew I was done watching “Lost.” I mean, what was I thinking? Once the overlords of “Lost” finally allowed the show to take off running in an actual direction, they plan to haul out their increasingly thin smoke and cracked mirrors once again.
Giving up the series now is the only way to prevent the inevitable disappointment that awaits in the future. Besides, I can no longer bear to watch one of television’s best casts and most intriguing concepts be destroyed by this half-baked mystery machine stupidity.
With its debut a mere two years ago, “Lost” excited the broadcast television viewing world by presenting an incredibly well-produced drama underscored by a mystery: Where in the world were these plane crash survivors, and, more significantly, who are they, really?
Instead of keeping viewers on those two paths, “Lost” has instead followed the Path of Network TV Shows Doomed to Slip into Absurdity and Alienate The Audience. Mostly, that’s happened thanks to the monster, and the polar bear, and any number of other all-consuming but then-forgotten oddities on the island.
The writers’ obsessive compulsion with making the story even more convoluted and mysterious every episode is obvious, as they’re all too consumed with giving viewers something else to wonder about. Like small children playing with toys, they drop each mystery after a few minutes and then run to the next one, hoping viewers will follow.
In the very first episode, the survivors heard a violent, machine-like noise coming from the jungle. Despite playing such a significant role early on, that monster has now essentially disappeared from the shows stories. First, though, after a long stretch of time, the monster was revealed to be a thin cloud of black smoke that can tear down trees, and which drags people into holes, eats them, or just reads their minds and reflects their past in its smoky brain. Perhaps the monster’s disappearance is better than giving it even more powers, such as the ability to make an entire meal in just one pot, like the TurboCooker.
When answers are finally revealed on “Lost,” they’re usually complete let-downs, in part because they make little sense, and in part because all those revelations usually do is give way to more mysteries. They serve little purpose but to fuel online chatter.
In the second-season finale, viewers finally learned why the castaways' plane crashed: Hatch-tender Desmond didn’t type in the stupid, ubiquitous numbers, a giant magnet clicked on, and the plane fell from the sky. How anticlimactic is that? And all that information did, really, was offer new questions.
If the numbers really do have a purpose and aren’t some kind of psychological experiment, why would whoever wrote the computer program require someone to enter a bunch of numbers to stop it, instead of just pressing a button? More significantly, why wouldn’t the computer just keep the magnet off automatically? Why would someone put a gigantic electromagnet on an island anyway, or why would no one else in the world notice this?
See, this is the real problem with “Lost”: its absurdity is frustratingly addictive. It’s difficult not to tune in next week, always hoping for an answer but getting excited when something random and new pops up instead.
Most frustrating, however, is the producers’ and writers’ insistence upon throwing in some magical “what the...?” moment rather than focus on what really powers their series: the characters.
The most powerful episodes of “Lost” have been those that explore the tenuous relationships between the survivors as they attempt to form a livable society. (For example, Dr. Jack’s tendency to play boss man all the time is rarely challenged, except by the now-dead Ana Lucia.) There were few more powerful moments in the series than when paranoid Ana Lucia shot Shannon by mistake; her action was shocking and completely within character, and best of all, had nothing to do with a monster or evil lottery numbers.
The greatest mysteries often involve the passengers themselves, which are revealed through flashbacks. Locke’s relationship with his estranged father, or Sayid’s life in Iraq, for example, both gave us insight into their behavior on the island.
The backstories also illustrate how all human beings are sometimes accidentally connected, such as those that showed the passengers interacting in the airport before boarding their flight. Increasingly, though, those flashbacks overreach, tying some of the survivors together in ridiculously far-fetched knots.
“Lost” drew high ratings and critical attention because of this smart storytelling and highly engaging premise, which, yes, included a few mysteries (such as the polar bear). Themes of redemption, faith, and trust ran through these elements.
Instead of subtly supporting the story, however, the writers have insisted upon illustrating these themes with ridiculously grandiose symbols and events, as if viewers are too dense to comprehend the effects of faith or belief unless some miraculous, impossible thing occurs.
This will not end well. “Lost” will undoubtedly turn into an “X-Files” mess, perhaps losing original cast members and replacing them with brand-new, previously unseen survivors (the Cargoholdies?). It may also hemorrhage viewers until one day as it falls further and further into the hole it’s digging for itself, until someone finally cancels the show.
The real problem is that giving up a series like “Lost” is not easy. There’s always one baby step forward that is enough to keep viewers hooked until the introduction of the next deus ex machina.
Ultimately, though, “Lost” has become one of those papier-mâché volcanoes that erupt when vinegar is poured over baking soda in the crater. The volcano fizzes impressively for a few seconds, but then it dies. More baking soda and vinegar will keep up the eruptions, but eventually all that’s left is a big, sloppy mess."

I don't think I would have been so critical, but what do I know ???

Beast_fanatic
04-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Not a single comment about how this week's show ended? :shrug:

Auntie
04-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Not a single comment about how this week's show ended? :shrug:

I checked in here..but thought I was in the wrong thead and was totally "lost":blush: after reading through the last couple of posts. Thought I missed an episode!

I really dislike Julliet. I know she is probably being blackmailed by Ben...but she is evil too. I couldnt believe that Sun(?) went with her into the tunnelI! I thought that the OTHERS were going to grab her. So the baby is her husbands..but they will probably die. I hope not...I hope they kill off Julliet instead. She should come clean with Saint Jack about everything..he is really being played for a fool. How trusting is this guy, bringing her back and acting as if she is one of them. Hellooo...anyone home?

walstib
04-29-2007, 06:55 AM
I checked in here..but thought I was in the wrong thead and was totally "lost":blush: after reading through the last couple of posts. Thought I missed an episode!

Sorry I got things a little off topic...

The creaters of Lost still claim that the Losties are not dead or in purgatory, but "all the passengers were found dead" according to the parachutist. What are the theories out there to explain this? Maybe some kind of cover-up by the Others/Darhma?

Jenemmy
04-29-2007, 02:54 PM

I really dislike Julliet. I know she is probably being blackmailed by Ben...but she is evil too. I couldnt believe that Sun(?) went with her into the tunnelI! I thought that the OTHERS were going to grab her. So the baby is her husbands..but they will probably die. I hope not...I hope they kill off Julliet instead. She should come clean with Saint Jack about everything..he is really being played for a fool. How trusting is this guy, bringing her back and acting as if she is one of them. Hellooo...anyone home?

I think Juliet could have lied to Sun about the Date of Conception. It very well could be that the baby was conceived off the island, thus resulting in Sun surviving. If Juliet made Ben believe that the baby was conceived on the island and then Sun survived, it might be her ticket home.......but, what do I know...LOLOL

Jenemmy
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Sorry I got things a little off topic...

The creaters of Lost still claim that the Losties are not dead or in purgatory, but "all the passengers were found dead" according to the parachutist. What are the theories out there to explain this? Maybe some kind of cover-up by the Others/Darhma?

I was reading some other web site (What??? there are OTHER websites???!!) that had actually gone in and translated what parachute girl said to Patchy in the different languages. They claimed she did not say "thank you" as Patchy indicated she had, but rather "I am not alone". Doing well to speak proper English, let alone different languages, I couldn't verify that myself!

So, if that is true, the thought is that she lied about flight 850 being found with no survivors. But it is kinda interesting how Patchy came back to life, isn't it???

PirateLover
04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I think Juliet could have lied to Sun about the Date of Conception. It very well could be that the baby was conceived off the island, thus resulting in Sun surviving. If Juliet made Ben believe that the baby was conceived on the island and then Sun survived, it might be her ticket home.......but, what do I know...LOLOL

That is a GREAT idea!!!!! I like where your mind is going with that.

As far as patchy surviving.... I can't wait to see how that is explained or else that might be a jump the shark moment right there :shark:

pjbs35a
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Who wants to go first ???

:confused:

PirateLover
05-02-2007, 11:42 PM
:unsure: :lurk: I guess I will.
I'm not sure how I feel. I kind of called the whole Locke's dad being the real Mr. Sawyer a long time ago so I wasn't very surprised. It was nice to see that particular plot line completed however. Now this whole Jack thing... I don't think I want to touch that with a 10ft stick :nudge: I just have no clue, and was definitely frustrated by it....

ChipnDaleGal
05-03-2007, 07:34 AM
I thought it was another great episode. My daughter and I think it is interesting how Sawyer and Locke have basically switched characters. Sawyer was so mean, angry and "bad" when he arrived on the island. Locke was meek, gentler and more "good". Sawyer has come so far and wants to be a better person. He tries to contain that anger and you can see that he is much softer than he wants to let on. He cares about others a lot more than he did before. Locke has gone the other way. He has gone from a man that seemed to step up and help the other survivors as much as he could, to someone that is only concerned with his personal interests. They have both done a big 180 in their character. Locke is a coward and I do not enjoy his character at all any more. Based on the buzz that 5 characters will die before season end, I hope that Locke and Ben end up taking each other out as part of that five.

Spaceship Tigger
05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I loved last night's episode, but I've really enjoyed most of them lately. I think the writers are consciously taking this show in the right direction. I often think about all of the people out there that quite watching for various reasons and about what they're missing now...

In last night's episode, I'm wondering now who Naomi really is. So far, Sayid has never been wrong about anyone and he seems to have serious questions about her. That, combined with the Jack/Juliet "we should tell her" comments when Kate told them about Naomi, makes me really wonder about her.

I'm actually hoping there's not too many more major deaths on the show. There needs to be enough original survivors around to rescue by the end of the series.

MNNHFLTX
05-03-2007, 09:11 AM
I liked last night's episode as well; it provided a lot of food for thought. I agree that Locke's is becoming something of a pariah on the show. He did not fit in with the survivors anymore, so I guess it was appropriate that he decided to go his own way. And isn't Ben the creepiest character ever?? He thinks he's the puppet-master, that's for sure. I truly hope that Juliet is playing him along and brings him down in the end.

On a side note, if any of you have TiVo (or a similar service), slow-mo through next weeks preview. The scenes flash through so fast at regular speed, but when taken frame by frame, you get a lot of interesting and disturbing images.

ChipnDaleGal
05-03-2007, 09:30 AM
I liked last night's episode as well; it provided a lot of food for thought. I agree that Locke's is becoming something of a pariah on the show. He does not fit in with the survivors anymore, so I guess it was appropriate that he decided to go his own way. And isn't Ben the creepiest character ever?? He thinks he's the puppet-master, that's for sure. I truly hope that Juliet is playing him along and brings him down in the end.

On a side note, if any of you have TiVo (or a similar service), slow-mo through next weeks preview. The scenes flash through so fast at regular speed, but when taken frame by frame, you get a lot of interesting and disturbing images.

I can't wait to get home and look at that in slow motion now Beth! Thanks for the tip.

And I agree with you - I hope that Juliet is with our castaways and will help bring Ben down. I want to believe that whatever Jack has up his sleeve with her is going to be good for our side.

Jenemmy
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM
I can't wait to get home and look at that in slow motion now Beth! Thanks for the tip.

And I agree with you - I hope that Juliet is with our castaways and will help bring Ben down. I want to believe that whatever Jack has up his sleeve with her is going to be good for our side.

There is a web site out there -- although I can't remember it's exact URL, that has the screencaps for next week frame by frame. THEY ARE CREEEEEPPPPPYYYYYY! Do a search for "Lost Spoilers" and it should be one of the first to pop up.

PirateLover
05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
According to Kristen from E Online...
ABC is set to announce that Lost will end production after two more seasons. According to sources, ABC is planning to push back Lost's return date to January of next year in order to air new episodes back-to-back, and it is also "extremely likely" that Lost will change time slots next season.

Spaceship Tigger
05-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Well, looks like the official annoucement has now come... not two more seasons, but three shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. What? I was just starting to think how great the next two seasons of Lost will be now that we know when it will end. Now we only get 16 episode seasons spread out over three years? Sorry, but to me it sounds like yet another mistake on the part of those in charge. They make a great show, but have no idea how to air it. Hopefully they'll at least get it out of this ridiculous 10PM time slot.

GothMickey
05-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Lost is lost and time has come for it to go.

ChipnDaleGal
05-07-2007, 02:23 PM

That is your opinion, which you are entitled to, but no one forces you to tune in. There are some of us that are still very much caught up in the story and enjoy it.

Auntie
05-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I've been pretty disappointed in this season. The time period being later..is a real killer for me also. Hope that the few that are left this season are better. Feel as if we waited and waited for the start of the season and while there have been a couple of good episodes...on the whole I haven't felt as if I just couldn't miss the show...as I have in the previous seasons.

2Epcot
05-07-2007, 08:28 PM

That is your opinion, which you are entitled to, but no one forces you to tune in. There are some of us that are still very much caught up in the story and enjoy it.

I am one of those who loves the show. I like the flashbacks, enjoy learning more about the characters, and love when they throw in something I'm wasn't expecting.

chrisb26
05-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I am one of those who loves the show. I like the flashbacks, enjoy learning more about the characters, and love when they throw in something I'm wasn't expecting.

I am also somebody who still loves the show. I understand that some weeks it isn't the best of episodes but what series doesn't have that. I respect others opinions about not liking it but like others have said nobody is forcing you to really watch the show. They watch it every week and then complain how they didn't like it. That makes me wonder why you even watch it if you are always disapointed by it. I am glad it is still around and would be disappointed to see it go. I like the storyline and although there are characters I don't like overall I still think it is very good.

PirateLover
05-08-2007, 12:18 AM
They watch it every week and then complain how they didn't like it. That makes me wonder why you even watch it if you are always disapointed by it. .

I am one of those who has been disappointed a lot this season, and do choose to voice that on here. I still watch because I hope it will get better- and the last few episodes have been better so I'm glad I didn't give up. But I am also glad they've set an end date. I think it will make the episodes much better when there is a clear view of where it is going and they aren't just trying to fluff things out to make it last longer. I would rather have 42 great episodes than 6 more seasons of mediocrity. :twocents:

pjbs35a
05-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Can't wait till this weeks episode !!!

ChipnDaleGal
05-10-2007, 07:06 AM
That was a terrific episode!! I didn't want to have any sympathy for Ben, but it was impossible not to feel bad for the childhood he had. He is still majorly creepy, but it is easier to understand why he is that way. That whole scene with Jacob in that cabin was one of the most nerve wracking Lost scenes ever. I had goosebumps on my goosebumps! I don't want to wait a whole week to see what happens next.

SBETigg
05-10-2007, 07:18 AM
What was that whole Jacob thing? Freaky. And Locke? Really? Can it be? It was a very compelling episode.

At the beginning of the season, I had some concerns that they were giving us all new questions instead of answers. Like any good suspense, more of the picture emerges gradually, and yes more questions come, but there's a real story there with forward momentum and I am still hooked. Sawyer's character is developing in the most interesting way for me.

Jenemmy
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Oh man --- my mind is reeling!!! So Ben can see Jacob, but not hear him and Locke can hear him but not see him.....hmmmmmm

That brief, BRIEF flash we saw of Jacob last night....I did a google and found the screen caps of that. He was only seen for 11 frames and though it is blurry, shadowy and in profile it sure ****looks***** like it is John Locke with a wig on! At least, that is the impression I left with.

And those ashes that John messed with before going into jacob's place. That really seemed to agitate Ben. What were those? I have read speculation that it either symbolized Jacob being trapped or the fact John picked some up will be what saves him from the fate Ben tried to inflict on him last night. Sort of a "Phoenix rising from the ashes" thing......whaddya think?

Spaceship Tigger
05-10-2007, 09:38 AM
The majority opinion right now on the Lost boards is that Locke is not dead. Especially when you think about the whole Locke-Jacob connection, the ashes, and how they made it a point to show how fast Locke's hand was able to heal last week. I'm wondering if Ben's failure to 'finish the job' may come back to bite him.

AvonleaCF
05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Can Ben hear Jacob? He told Jacob to stop shouting because he couldn't hear Locke. So I'm guessing he can only hear Jacob when Jacob wants Ben to hear him.

And still the debate of "is Juliet good or evil" continues.

Nini
05-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know if Stephen King has a hand in writing this? There were moments in the last two episodes that definitely "felt" like SK. Plus, there were the book club segments where they stuck his name right in our face.

WDWacky, I know you read King, what do you think?

Denise :mickey:

bleukarma
05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Tonight is the two hour season finale!

Who else thinks that Michael and Walt are going to be sitting at the Looking Glass station where they are keeping Charlie? I think it would be just like Ben to tell Michael that he is letting them go and then give them coordinates to their underwater station. They are obviously still keeping a lookout because the helicopter crashed (or whatever happened to it) right over it. I’m sure they would capture Michael and Walt’s boat too.

What about Locke? Is he dead? I don’t see them killing off Locke, but you never with this show.

What’s the deal with Jacob? I wonder if we’ll find out tonight?

In last week’s episode, wasn’t the girl that Charlie saved in the alley the girl that Sayad is in love with?

I wonder if we’ll get a flashback tonight or if it will just be two hours straight of Losties vs. The Others and The Saga at The Looking Glass?

I’m looking forward to it!