PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to start a Disney savings club with me?

Pages : [1] 2

asrai555
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
DH says we can't go until we can pay in cash. Its smart, but it means I have a *wee* little saving up to do. :blush:

Anyone with me? I am trying to sell stuff around the house & such.

We need about $2,300 to go with a family of 4 to a moderate including dining for 4-5 days. We will (hopefully) not be paying for airfare and will have enough air miles to get free tickets.

Total needed $2,300
Total Saved: $45
Left to Go: $2,255

MsMin
08-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I think it's a wonderful idea. I've reached my goal for this year but continue to save. I know there are many who are still saving. :cheer: I can help cheer you on.

Caroleh
08-25-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't mind joining you..but I'm not sure yet how much I need to save. We're planning on going Dec. 2-8, 2007. I still haven't decided what type of room I want..or which resort...Right now I'm thinking about AKL or WL. I also haven't really thought if we want the DP or not. There's just the DH and myself. I like to over plan for expensives...that way it's better to have too much then not enough. Plus I have to plan costs with the exchange rate....so my overplanning says at least $4000. I'm putting away $100 out of my paycheck every 2 weeks.

Final amount: $4000
Current amount saved $1400
To Go:$2600

amyn2610
08-26-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm with you....I started saving in March for our next trip in January 2008. Like MsMin, we can all cheer each other on.

Total needed: $4200 (high estimate)
Total saved: $1200
Need: $3000

asrai555
08-26-2006, 07:14 AM
:mickey: Cool! I work part time, so what I can put away will be eratic....especially because we are paying our debt first. I plan to stash $20 here, $40 here. I also "cash" in the piggy bank every few months or so. Its surprising what adds up in there if you stash some bills along with coins. Last time we cashed in (just before the last trip!) we had about $400!

Whatever bits I sell around the house is going to my paypal for a "secret" savings account. Any rebates, or random checks (I like to think I can attract money!) will also go to this secret fund!

I think $2,500 is about right for what we need to save. Of course that is only accounting for current prices. I have a few fun factors like the BB Boutique and a Princess breakfast factored in, but that is it. We aren't big on souvenirs, and usually the grandparents cough up a little spending cash for my children

Caroleh
08-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Part of the reason I estimated so high also was this is my 50th birthday trip, so I want a special dinner for my b-day, and we're planning to go to MVMCP, so that'll cost extra. When we were at WDW in May there were a few things I wanted from the Morroccan Pav. that I didn't purchase, so I want to this time. I work full time, but at a retail job that doesn't pay much over minimium wage...and I'm the manager of the store. I'm suppose to have 3 weeks of vacation a year, I took 1 week this year and that's all I'm taking until our trip, so my vacation pay will also go into my fund.

My DH is one of these people that we MUST have more then enough. He's determined that $5000 won't be enough money, but I've checked everything out!!!!

asrai555
08-26-2006, 11:47 AM
What is MCMVP?

What did you see in the Morrocan place that you liked? My husband is Arab so I am an excellent source of these sorts of materials. Although, I totally understand if it is the experience of getting it in "Disney:.

As an aside, and something really funny. I wear lots of alternative clothes. In particular I love saris (I got married in one), punjabis sets (like saris but pants and long chamise shirt sets). I have the top half of a punjabi set, its as long as a dress, which is how I wear it. I bought it for $8 in a Salvation Army in Brooklyn, its a beautiful deep purple with gold embroidery. On the boat from POFQ to DTD our captain asked me if I got it in Epcot :), it was cute!

caryrae
08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
What is MCMVP?

I think it's suppose to be MVMCP. Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party.

Caroleh
08-26-2006, 02:24 PM
;) :blush: ooops! it was suppose to be MVMcp!!!! I loved the cushion covers and the belly dancing belt...I want them for my bedroom...My DH is of Morroccan decent. I also wanted a tagine.

amd780
08-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Hmmm...I suppose if I stopped going to Starbucks every day, it would help DH and I with our WDW savings! :secret: :mcoffee:

Caroleh
08-26-2006, 06:06 PM
That might be hard to do. I know a lot of people that can't go without their morning :coffee: I wonder if I tell the DH that I'll give up my scrapbooking and quilting and that money get used for WDW....naw...I'd get bored and bug him too much!!!!!!!

asrai555
08-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Well, I have lots of posts out there on internet sites selling items we aren't using anymore. I hope to make at least $100 by the end of next month.

Total needed $2,300
Total Saved: $47
Left to Go: $2,253

jonsmom
08-28-2006, 11:34 AM
We are not going til April 2008 :( so I have a bit more time to save. SO far, just stashing $20 here and there has netted me $628. I have a big jar of change too. I have $100 on my Disney Visa rewards card that I will be usin as a deposit for our room (it expires in December)as well as about $100 accumulated for future use. We will need close to $3000 so I have a aways to go. We also have two more years of tax returns to count.

asrai555
08-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Good news, a few bigger items sold today :thumbsup:

Total needed $2,300
Total Saved: $117
Left to Go: $2,183

Keep me in your thoughts that some new projects come my way! I work freelance, so the more projects the more money. The more money, the more debt we can pay. The quicker the debt is gone, the quicker we can go :D

asrai555
08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
ooooo Amy you have one of these habits too eh?

Hmmm...I suppose if I stopped going to Starbucks every day, it would help DH and I with our WDW savings!

I should own stock in them. I have been better the past few weeks. I changed my schedule, I have been getting up between 5am - 6 am to work for an hour or so before my kids wake up. I set the coffee maker up the night before, so I just push the button in the morning.

I only need one (MAX 2) cup of joe, or else I am wired willy running around and driving my kids nutso!

Caroleh
08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I never got into the coffee habit..but I NEED my Dr. Pepper every day!!!

amyn2610
08-29-2006, 04:37 AM

Ditto!! Everyone in the house knows you don't talk to Mom till I've had my first ice-cold Coke of the day!!

I just thought of something-we need our own icon-they have the :coffee: for coffee drinkers....maybe they could do one with a pop can for us pop drinkers!!! :D

melkatsam
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM

I'm with you! I don't like coffee at all! I drink Diet Dr. Pepper and my kids always called it my DDP. Since I've been on Intercot thought DDP has taken on a whole new meaning!

And it's cheaper than coffee too! Of course it adds up when you have 3 bottles a day!

Caroleh
08-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I use to drink a lot of Dr. Pepper, but I'm down to 1 or 2 cands a day, unless I'm totally stressed out from work...which is today, so I'm on my 3rd can today :blush:

The Bookseller
08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I will post here again after my next trip! :D

asrai555
09-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Sold something else :thumb

Total needed $2,300
Total Saved: $142
Left to Go: $2,158

On a roll! :mickey:

Caroleh
09-01-2006, 07:36 PM
ooops....I went backwards...went to the scrapbook store...that's another story

Final amount: $4000
Current amount saved $1150
To Go:$2850

asrai555
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Sold something small - but every $$ counts right?

Total needed $2,300
Total Saved: $148
Left to Go: $2,152

MsMin
09-05-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm with you! I don't like coffee at all! I drink Diet Dr. Pepper and my kids always called it my DDP. Since I've been on Intercot thought DDP has taken on a whole new meaning!
And it's cheaper than coffee too! Of course it adds up when you have 3 bottles a day!
My kids call my Diet Dr. Pepper DDP too. I have my pot of coffee first then my DDP.
But I do throw $10 in my pot everytime I resist the coffee stop. :cheer: looks like most of the amounts are climbing, I'm impressed. I'm thinking about buying a new camera or new video camera since I went over w/ the savings. But I started w/ nearly 3K after selling my puppies and the money left over from last trip.

asrai555
09-05-2006, 11:01 AM
OOOO! Its my lucky day, I just sold something else.

Total needed $2,300
Total Saved: $160
Left to Go: $2,140
Percentage Saved: 7.5%

asrai555
09-05-2006, 09:34 PM
So a few times I mentioned to DH half jokingly that I just wanted to go with DD by myself, and that him and the toddler could stay home and have some man time. Well, it looks like that just might happen.

Problem you say? Well - me thinks I might want to stay at the Poly. 1.) I get to try a new resort and 2.) The convience of the monorail when carrying home a sleepy four year old seems like it would be killer. If I do decide to do that I would need roughly 2,500 WITHOUT dining or 2,800 with dining.

If we stay at POFQ it will be alot less, and I will have a lot less to save. Hmmm decisions decisions :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-05-2006, 09:45 PM
My 9 yr old daughter started saving for us a few months ago. We told her we didn't have enough money to go this year so she decided she would save the money for us. She still has a long way to go but she hasn't gave up yet! :thumbsup:

asrai555
09-06-2006, 07:35 PM
How sweet! My dd knows we are saving to go - its a good thing her concept of time isnt fully formed yet or else she might be sorely dissapointed!

Mousefever
09-09-2006, 10:46 PM
I have our January trip pretty much covered. (Or I will by November 16th) But I would like to scrape up the extra dough to be able to upgrade to a Savannah view room from a standard. That's $630 more. With saving for the rest of the trip between now and November and with Christmas, I'm not sure I can make it. I'm going to try though!

I am working a little extra this week so:

Needed: $630
Saved: $30
To Go: $600

Good luck everybody and happy saving!

:dory:

KMorris1972
09-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I started a change can today. My girls went through the car and put all my change in there. I also decided to put all my ones and occassionally fives in there too. We have decided this will be our souvenier money. My girls have a birthday in a week and they already have 10 each that has gone in the can too. My parents give the kids 25.00 each for Christmas so we will use that for our trip too. We have decided we won't buy thousands in Christmas gifts this year we will buy conservatively and use that money for our trip as well.

We were suppose to go in November to celebrate my girls birthday but things happen so we have to wait and go in March. I told them we would still have our own little celebration for them then since this was suppose to be their birthday trip.

We will have the house rental and airline tickets paid Oct 12. I have already made our car rental reservations and will pay for those next month too. :thumbsup:

We figure this trip will cost us 3K. :( We want to have at least 300 in our change can.

Lily
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
This is a great idea. I've been so bad the past two years. I've put our past two and future one trip on the credit card. Next time I have a new plan. My company has just informed us that they will be starting up the Employee Stock Purchase Plan next month. That's a guarateed 15% increase on my investment. I'm going to be able to save about $160 or so per month. This is going to be DisneyWorld money only. I'm so excited! Yay!

Caroleh
09-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Since I booked my trip for Dec of 2007, I had put a deposit down. So I just have a little adjustments to do. Now I need to find some buyers for a really cool purse I made and want to sell!!!!

Final amount: $3400
Current amount saved $570
To Go:$2830

Mousefever
09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I started a new part-time job last week and had to buy some new clothes. Most of my wardrobe consisted of jeans, which I couldn't wear to work. I went to Kohl's and spent $259. I was very angry with myself at the time because I couldn't find my "extra 15% off" coupon. In fact, I thought I might have thrown it away. It would have saved me $38 dollars! The gal at the check out said that if I found it I could bring it back to readjust the bill. I gave it up as a lost cause.

Yesterday I was going through some paperwork and found the coupon! Because I already had it planned to pay off the $259 next payday, I'm now going to pay off the $221 and put the $38 toward the Savannah View upgrade!

Needed: $630
Saved: $68
To Go: $562

Yay!

:dory:

grumpycajun
09-13-2006, 02:10 PM
The company I work for offers a pretty cool option. I have a certain amount of PRE-TAX money deducted from my check every week that we apply towards dependant care. It can also be used for health care expenses. Both my DW and I work, so there's after school care and day camp during the summer. As I'm sure most of you know this really adds up! Since we have to pay it anyway, why not set it up to save a few dollars by deducting it pre-tax?

The way it works is, I submit a reimbursement request along with receipts and as long as I've contributed enough to match the amount of my request, they mail me a check. We use it like a savings account. :thumbsup: Check and see if your employer offers this kind of plan.

TinkiTime1989
09-13-2006, 04:16 PM
April 1-7, 2006
All Girls Spring Break Trip w/ Me, Mom, and Best Friend Jessica...Dad gets to stay at home with the doggies :)
Pop Century maybe?? With discount 5 day park hopper tickets through mom's work...factor in food...and...

Total Needed: $2000.00
Total Saved: $57.30
Left to Go: 1942.70

Only 7 months to save up..... :mickey:

#1disneyfan
09-14-2006, 08:33 PM
I love this thread!!!!!

I would love to go to disney for xmas next year. I checked my paypal account and I actually have a little money to start this savings account. I too sell stuff online and this could potentially be a great place to save up without that easy access of a mac card!

$3000.00 needed
$ 31.24 saved
$2968.76 to go :( Will i make it?

sleepingbooty
09-16-2006, 09:24 AM
We leave in a week for this year's trip, so that one's covered. In fact, I've got about 250 extra in that account, so I'm hoping to come back with about that much still in there, to start next years vacation savings. Maybe you guys can hold me accountable so I don't overspend on souvenirs and :marg: ! I'll let you know in two weeks!

snowflakegirl
09-19-2006, 09:57 AM
What a great idea! I'm in. DH and I have been putting all our change in a change jar for the past few months (and occasionally I stick in a few ones or a five) and we're up to 55.00 with that. And then we've been saving things like our tax refund this year and our security deposit refund when we moved out of our old aparment last month in a savings acccount and adding to that as we can. Our trip is planned for August 2007, 11 nights with my parents and sister.

Total Needed: 4000.00
Total Saved: 1555.00
Total Left To Go: 2445.00

We've got about ten and a half months, so I think we'll be able to make it ... I've got a few things I'm going to list on e-bay soon, and I've decided that I don't need my dunkin donuts in the morning and I can start making it at home, so that will add at least ten dollars a week.

#1disneyfan
09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Okay I opened a savings account, so I am on the way to success, I hope! We changed our vacation time. We originally wanted to go for Christmas next year, but DH cannot get off work for any of December. We are choosing to go in Jan 08 for our DD 12th birthday. This also gives me a little more time to save :secret: . My DD either wants to stay at WL or CR. Big $$ difference so until I reserve the vacation, this is just an estimate:

$3500 needed
$ 31.24 saved
$3468.76 to go :( (maybe we should stay at a moderate)

Caroleh
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Made another deposit to my savings account. My change jar is also getting larger. What's really nice about having a change jar up here in Canada is that we have a $1 and a $2 coin, which makes the change jar grow larger faster.

Current amount saved $670
To Go:$2730

Caroleh
09-26-2006, 09:54 AM
I sold a roll of toonies($2 coin) to my store, then truned the $50 to my savings account

Current amount saved $720
To Go:$2680

#1disneyfan
09-26-2006, 10:01 AM
We are definately trying to go with CR. We will book that one first and if we cannot do it we will then, and only then, downgrade. Opened a savings account!!! And the change jar is getting heavier!!

$3,500.00 needed
$ 56.24 saved
$3,443.76 to go

snowflakegirl
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Emptied the change jar last night ... found another $85 dollars to add to the savings account!

New totals:

Need: $4000.00
Have: $1640.00
Need: $2360.00

Getting there. Slowly but surely. And I just listed the things on e-bay so hopefully there'll be a little more coming in in the next couple of weeks. :mickey:

The Bookseller
09-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi! I came back from WDW 2 weeks ago and I started to put my money together for my next trip. So, here's the numbers so far:

Need : 2000.00$CAN
Have : 0142.50$CAN
To Go: 1857.50$CAN

Caroleh
09-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Since it's payday, I've added my usual $100, plus we go a VERY small bonus of $13, so I've added that to my savings account. $300 more then I'll make a another deposit on my ressies. :thumbsup: :mickey:

Current amount saved $835
To Go:$2567

The Bookseller
09-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I rent a storage space and the tenant just payed for the next 3 months. I also made a roll of quarters for the sum of 10$CAN. This means 175$CAN in the piggy! :D

Have : 0317.50$CAN
To Go: 1682.50$CAN

showmethemouse
09-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I wented to disney this year but I'm put it off to going next aug 2007 with some friends . I been saveing all of my change to help with my cost .I have save around 5 hundred dollar . I started in march of this year. this is a good way to save upto help with your cost. :mickey:

disneyfamily05
10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Just Found out we are going to June 2007 - I know I won't have the entire trip paid off before then - but the more I save the better off we will be!

Approx cost of trip (not including airfare): $2600
Saved: $150
Need: $2450

Kisobel
10-05-2006, 02:10 AM
bump

ok i'm in. just decided to go to disney for oct 07. celebrating my 40th birthday. planning on room only deposit this month. estimating room/food/airfare/tickets for 2 people for 7nights ---$3000. already scheduled for a bunch of overtime this month and will use part of our tax return. we are paying CASH for this trip.

kate :thumbsup:
need $3000
saved$ 0

snowflakegirl
10-12-2006, 09:21 AM
So I had been doing really well savings-wise. Had even added another $400.00 to the savings account getting us up to $2000.00 which was the halfway mark and I still had ten months to go! I should have known it was going too well... over the weekend my car died (it was an older car because we had to buy it in a pinch last February when my car died and I was still in grad school, but we were hoping to have it around for another year or so so we could build up a decent downpayment for a new car). It's running VERY temporarilly so now we're looking for a new car for me. We're going to end up having to take the $2000.00 to use as part of a downpayment on something for me now (which hopefully DH is doing as I type this since he and I can't keep sharing his car and I have a 50 minute commute one way to work). So that puts us back at the beginning of our savings ... I'm still going to put down the original numbers, but I'm thinking that it's going to be reassessed and we'll be going on a much shorter trip than originally planned if we do this at all next summer. Keep your fingers crossed for me that things work out on the car that DH is going to get today.

Have: $0.00

darthmacho
10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
:mickey: I've been saving $20 a week since November of 2004 (I'm about 2 months behind for various reasons) for a trip that will be somewhere around April of 2008. My goal is about $3000, but anything more would be a bonus!

My Goal: $3000
Saved: $1860
Needs: $1140
Behind: $160

Wish me luck! :hurdle:

GenieOfPA
10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
i'm saving up for my next trip too... and i have a great tip! Just take some sort of container that you can't get into easily (i use a water cooler jug) and at the end of every day put your spare change in it! Just keep letting the change pile up and by the time you are ready to cash in your change for bills, you'll be VERY surprised as to how much money you have! And every week you could even drop a five dollar bill in... may not seem like much, but at the end of a year thats an extra $260! Good luck!

marlyn
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I am going for 15 nights so I am in with this saving club!!! I am going to need a ton of cash!

My airfares are done. They were all on air miles. I have already bought annual passes so that is done. I now need to pay for 15 nights in a value resort so about $1700 (I already have AAA applied to one week....and am hoping for AP Rates so that amount may go down)

I also need spending money. I figure on $150/day for myself and two kids .....man, this is expensive when you add it up. $2250 for 15 days.

Ok....so $3950 is what I need. Wow...what was I thinking? Thanks heavens passes and flights are paid for.

Hmmm.....now what can I sell around here. Kids are in school, wonder what I can find in their rooms ;) :secret:

Caroleh
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Man, this savings thing is getting tough. DD is still in college so I still hear "Mom. I need money, PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSE." so there went $200. But it's payday, so I'm putting in $100.

DD promiced to give us money when she gets paid...even though I said no, so we'll see what she does. She said she wanted to pay me back, since it's my Disney money and she knows this trip is important to me.(plus she wants me to buy her stuff when we go!!!). Gotta love 'em!!

Current amount saved $735
To Go:$2467

The Bookseller
10-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Just added some change rolls to the WDW Piggy-Bank! 15.50$ closer to Disney!:D

Have : 0333.00$CAN
To Go: 1667.00$CAN

princessjojo
10-15-2006, 11:34 AM
I love this thread. I am planning our next trip, but it will be a doozie... Right now I am adament on staying at the Poly. We usually go for at least 7 nights but I would love to stay longer. We can't go for a while because I am back in nursing school and can't get the time away to go or the time to work to save the money to go. That will come however. The trip is my treat to myself for graduation as well as a treat to my family for putting up with me during the ordeal. As of today here are my stats:

My goal: $5200(dining included)
Saved: $879 cash; $135 Disney Visa Points
Need: $4168 ( :dizzy: )

I need to figure out this selling thing on the internet.

sleepingbooty
10-15-2006, 01:10 PM
We leave in a week for this year's trip, so that one's covered. In fact, I've got about 250 extra in that account, so I'm hoping to come back with about that much still in there, to start next years vacation savings. Maybe you guys can hold me accountable so I don't overspend on souvenirs and :marg: ! I'll let you know in two weeks!

Well, we're back ...and of course we spent a little more than we planned. So now I have $100 left in my vacation fund account. I do have it set up as a "keep the change" account, so it'll accrue a few dollars a week that way, but I doubt I'll be able to add much else to it until after Christmas. My goal is $3200 by next spring for a June 07 trip to California (with a few days at Disneyland and California Adventure of course!). I'll check in periodically....Let's get savin'!!!!!

The Bookseller
10-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Added a roll of quarters and a toonie to the piggy bank!

Have : 0345.00$CAN
To Go: 1655.00$CAN

disneyfamily05
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Sold some of the kids clothes to a consignment shop, regular contribution from my paycheck, and DH gave me money.... hmmm... for something - I can't recall what for though :blush: - so now its ended up in my Disney enevelope..

Needed: approx. 2600
Saved: 150
DH $: 50
paycheck: 50
kids clothes: 40
TOTAL SAVED: 290
Still need: 2310

The Bookseller
10-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Got a job as a Cat-Sitter for a week-end; 22$ more in the piggy!

Have : 0367.00$CAN
To Go: 1633.00$CAN

Kisobel
10-19-2006, 01:37 AM
ok, not sure if i am saving money so much as making payments. made my first deposit of $156. plan to buy one ticket next month.

kate

The Bookseller
10-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Added a roll of 2$ and a roll of 0.01$ to my fund!
(50.50$ total)

Have : 0417.50$CAN
To Go: 1582.50$CAN

Caroleh
10-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Turned in today 2 rolls of $2 and a roll of dimes. Plus payday, so theres another $205. I should be getting a bonus, so when I find out how much it is I'll add it to my savings, then make another deposit on my trip!!!

Current amount saved $940
To Go:$2262

princessjojo
10-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Today's payday so another $50 in the Disney bank. Still holding out on the change jar. I did do laundry yesterday and found $5. All laundry money goes to the Disney fund as well.

Saved: $934 cash; $135 Disney Visa Points
Need: $4131

Man, I still have a long way to go, but 2008 is a long ways away, too. :wait:

The Bookseller
10-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Added a roll of 0.25$ and a tip of 10$ to my fund!
(20$ total)

Have : 0437.50$CAN
To Go: 1562.50$CAN

marlyn
10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
OK...checking in. Here is where I am at.

Trip cost:

Airfare..............paid for
Annual passes......paid for
DDE card............paid for
Steam train tour...paid for
15 nights hotel.....$1700
spending cash......$2100

TOTAL NEED...........$3800
deposit on room.......$250.86
money into savings....$34.81
-----------------------------------

Now need.....$3514.33

Caroleh
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Got another bonus this month so I added another $125 to my savings. I also had Wendy at MJ make another payment for me so I'll have $1000 paid on my trip!!!!

Final amount: $2800
Current amount saved $464
To Go:$2335

The Bookseller
10-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Added a tip of 20$.

Have : 0457.50$CAN
To Go: 1542.50$CAN

snowflakegirl
10-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Well after an unexpected but highly necessary down payment on a new (to me) car wiped out my savings account, I've been feeling semi-discouraged, but DH and I just made a deposit to the savings account at the end of last week (nothing major, but got us started again) and I just emptied the change jar to add to the account today, so that leaves us with:

Total Needed: $4000.00
Total Have: $258.50
Left to go: 3741.50

ibrowse17
10-30-2006, 10:18 AM
As my wife and I are both teachers, we end up with with a lot of pocket change each day. I started to roll it up before our last trip and ended up with $600. This really helped with our spending money. I found that $100 per day for each of us works out very well for spending money in the parks. For our next trip, we have already saved almost $500 since August. :thumbsup:

The Bookseller
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I have added 2.50$ in the piggy just to be able to post here. Since my plans are changing, I have chosen to remove my goals. For now on, I will just keep the tally of the piggybank.

Have in the piggy : 0460.00$CAN

The Bookseller
11-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Added 22.50$ in various change rolls to the fund.

Have in the piggy : 482.50$CAN

Caroleh
11-12-2006, 11:11 AM
It's payday and another $40 in toonies sold to the store.

Current amount saved $604
To Go:$2195

princessjojo
11-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I paid for a boyscout halloween party out of my pocket, but the reimbursement check went into the Disney Fund, $98.33, as well as $100 DH won.

Saved: $1132.33 cash; $135 Disney Visa Points
Need: $3932.67

Hey, it feels good to cross the 1K threshold on the savings. :thumbsup:

Kisobel
11-12-2006, 05:52 PM
i bought a 10 day park hopper ticket. just waiting till next payday to buy the next one. i chose to buy them now to save money if they went up in 2007.

kate

mickeymousedabomb
11-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Well here's how I've been saving money.........every time I have a bulk of $1's and $5's, I go through them and take out all the bills that have the letter F or D. F=Florida and D=Disney. Then I put them in my money bank. It's a fun way for the kids to help too! Our next trip is November 21-December 1 2007. So we have lots of time to save the dough! :mickey:

rhonhod
11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
besides the change jar, we go every 2 weeks to the local Disney store and buy 20 or 40 dollars in Disney dollars, that way we can't spend the money and this allows the kids to earn their spending money for Disney.

The Bookseller
11-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Added 60$ worth of tips.

Have in the piggy : 542.50$CAN

Caroleh
11-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Payday so another $100 into the vacation fund, plus another $26 in toonies turned in.

Current amount saved $730
To Go:$2070

The Bookseller
11-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Added 107.50$ worth of tips and spare change.

Have in the piggy : 650.00$CAN

asrai555
12-03-2006, 09:44 PM
wow! i am so inspired to see so many people have joined this thread. sorry i haven't been around, been busy with the kidlets and work.

i am pretty much at zero for saving, but we have made very good progress otherwise. i am coming into my busy season now (tax time) and i am welcoming big money projects into my open arms! i am still hoping we will be able to squeak out a trip this spring.

The Bookseller
12-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Welcome back Asrai555! This thread is really a blast. Glad you are back to enjoying with us.

Added 30$ worth of tips and spare change.

Have in the piggy : 680.00$CAN

kaerbear178
12-04-2006, 12:15 AM
We have officially started saving today.

My goal...$3000
Current amount saved...$0
To go...$3000

Wish me luck!!

marlyn
12-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Just popping in to give an update...just added $200 to disney savings account.

TOTAL NEED...........$3800
Total saved............$485.67

Still need...............$3314.33

Bethis26fan
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a great thread. We just got back last week from my first trip :cloud9: and it was too short :( so my cousin and I are going to try and go back April 29 for a week. :party: Since we will split everything it will be a little cheaper. I'll start really saving my last check in dec (the 22nd) The one I get this week I'll save my change but I got to finish some Christmas :tree: stuff up. So here we go.

My goal...$1500
Current amount saved...$0
To go...$1500

The countdown 144 days

Caroleh
12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Another $120 into the savings account.

Current amount saved $820
To Go:$1950

asrai555
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
OMG! OMG! I think there is a strong likelyhood that my ILs want to go to Disney when they come to visit. Its looking like they may come as early as May and they may pay for the kidlets to go.

I have been stashing some money in the piggy bank. I think I am going to crack it open tomorrow to get a bit inspired. Also - just as I said, I am welcoming projects into my open arms and lo' and behold I got a lead today.

Does anyone know what is going on the first week of May? I don't want to go during Pop Warner week or during Grad nights. Our trip isn't definite yet - but isn't it just so much fun to poke around on the disney site and look at things? :secret:

asrai555
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Well I might be getting ahead of myself. FIL isn't sure he wants to go :(. There is still a chance, and I am planning it as though it is.

If he decides no - there still might be a chance for me, DD and MIL to go for girls time while DH, FIL and DS stay home for boy time :D.

MsMin
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I did it I cashed in my jar today. I had 548.54 in change alone and it was heavy. I had a total of 1491.34 including the paper $$ in the jar. I really feel like I cheated since I had $$ from a puppy in there. If anyone remembers the story Chloe and Max our Yorkies had a vacation of our own when we were in Disney last Dec. which ended w/ 3 pups. I also had over 300 left last year that I threw back into the jar.
The trip was paid since my parents picked up a large part and the work I did for my dad, helping him w/ ppl's income tax :ack: already went to pay our share.
I guess 1491.34 is enough since everything is paid for including ddp. I will always worry yet I've never taken so much for extras before.
Keep saving.....I'll have an extra :bar: to celebrate when I get there.

asrai555
12-11-2006, 07:11 PM
I had 548.54 in change alone and it was heavy. I had a total of 1491.34 including the paper $$ in the jar.

Sweet!

And no matter where it came from - a penny saved is a penny earned right? :mickey:

The Bookseller
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Wow MsMin, this must have been a heck of a money jar! I had emptied one that had 90$ worth of change in it and I found it heavy!

Added 73.50$CAN worth of tips and spare change.

Have in the piggy : 753.50$CAN

BMan62
12-20-2006, 09:30 AM
I keep telling my DW that if she would take the money she drops on scratch off lottery tickets and puts it into a vacation account, we would be able to make two seven day trips a year - one to WDW and one cruise.

The Bookseller
12-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I keep telling my DW that if she would take the money she drops on scratch off lottery tickets and puts it into a vacation account, we would be able to make two seven day trips a year - one to WDW and one cruise.
Might be the best way to motivate her: start a lottery where she's a winner twice a year! :mickey:

Added 44.00$CAN worth of tips.

Have in the piggy : 797.50$CAN

The Bookseller
12-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Added 267.50$CAN worth of tips, the lease of a storing space and some spare change.

Have in the piggy : 1065.00$CAN

Bethis26fan
12-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Wow you are really doing some saving. I'm added my first 50.00 to mine.

My goal...$1500
Current amount saved...$50.00
To go...$1450

We maybe moving our trip from end of April to end of Nov. I'm going to keep saving like it's in april though.

faberj
12-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Okay, time for me to join. My next trip is not until December 2008, so I do not have exact pricing. I do have pricing for the same time frame in 2007. We are going for 8 nights with park hopper tickes and on the dining plan. We also want to go to MVMCP one night. Anyway I am thinking with the package, airfare, tickets to MVMCP, and spending money we will need between $3500.00 and $4000.00. Usually Disney offers a discount during the time we are planning to go so IF that ends up happening we will not need as much moeny. I rather be safe then sorry though.

My Goal: $3500.00 - $4000.00
Saved: $50.00
Left To Go: $3450.00 - $3950.00

Caroleh
12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Wooohooooo I sold my first quilt today!!! It was to my friend at a reduced price, but I sold it!! So there's $200 and my usual $100, so I've added another $300 to my savings. I've also recieved an order for another quilt for this spring and 6 Christmas stocking so next year!!!

Current amount saved $1120
To Go:$1650

Caroleh
12-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I paid more on my trip and had some Christmas expenses to pay off, so I've made my new adjustments.

Final amount: $2300
Current amount saved $340
To Go: $1960

The Bookseller
12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Added 202.00$CAN worth of tips and some spare change.

Have in the piggy : 1267.00$CAN

realtreebar
12-30-2006, 09:54 PM
started after the 18th of jan 2006 after we got home from WDW saved all my change turned it in at the bank yesterday had $1644.41 not bad our next trip is the 9th of jan this year that will be our fun money in the parks started saving for next year have $3.25 so keep saving it will add up "gotta love :mickey: "

realtreebar
01-03-2007, 01:10 AM
well added another 67.00 dollars to the change savins so total for 2008 is 70.25

Bethis26fan
01-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Well we had a change in plans we didn't think we could save enough money to really enjoy disney by April. So we are going to take a 3 day weekend to the beach in March and go back to WDW Nov 24 for a week. We didn't get to do much of the christmas stuff this last and we both really wanted to see more at Christmas time so. The new savings starts now I don't guess I'll really get into high gear till after the first of April so for now it's just saving spare change.

My goal...$1500
Current amount saved...$18.00
To go...$1482

10 months and some days to go. :)

pogo
01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
OK.... OK..... I've fought :boxing: it....... but now I'm joining. :thumbsup:

We were hoping to go in April but it isn't going to happen because a number of reasons so we might as well start saving our loose cash now and maybe.... just maybe, we can plan for an early December :santa2: :tree: trip.

Needed : $4,000
Current Amount Saved: $43.65
To Go: $3,956.35 :faint:

I'm going to need help ! :D

sleepingbooty
01-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, we're back ...and of course we spent a little more than we planned. So now I have $100 left in my vacation fund account. I do have it set up as a "keep the change" account, so it'll accrue a few dollars a week that way, but I doubt I'll be able to add much else to it until after Christmas. My goal is $2500 by next spring for a June 07 trip to California (with a few days at Disneyland and California Adventure of course!). I'll check in periodically....Let's get savin'!!!!!
I'm still here, just wanted to wait until I hit a milestone to report my progress. My annual "Keep the Change" match was just deposited in my vacation account, bringing it up to 290.84. I was so excited that I transfered over an extra 9.16 just to bring it up to 300! So now:

Goal for 6/2007: $2500 (family trip to DL)
Saved as of 1/03/2007: $300
To go: $2200

Goal for 8/2007: $1800 (3 night, 10th anniv. trip WDW)
Saved: $0
To go: $1800

Don't know if we can pull that one off as well (or if I can get Scott to take my to WDW for anniversary), but maybe if I put it in writing it will happen!

By the way, what are "toonies" Carol?

Caroleh
01-03-2007, 10:15 PM
OK.... OK..... I've fought :boxing: it....... but now I'm joining. :thumbsup:

We were hoping to go in April but it isn't going to happen because a number of reasons so we might as well start saving our loose cash now and maybe.... just maybe, we can plan for an early December :santa2: :tree: trip.

Are you planning to join us, Pogo?:D

Caroleh
01-03-2007, 10:19 PM
By the way, what are "toonies" Carol?

"Toonie"= a $2 coin, here in Canada
"Loonie"=a $1 coin

It really helps the savings , when you throw your change into a jar(especially with those $1 and $2 coins)!!!

pogo
01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Are you planning to join us, Pogo?:DMaybe ! :shrug: We are thinking of November 29th thru December 5th. But a lot of good things have to happen for us before we commit to it ! :D

faberj
01-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Just found out getting an extra bonus this month, not sure how much it is yet, but once I do it will be going into my savings. I also have my big eeyore cookie jar half full with change and as soon as I fill it up it will go to the bank too!!

My Goal: $3500.00 - $4000.00
Saved: $50.00
Left To Go: $3450.00 - $3950.00

Caroleh
01-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Payday, so another $100 added to the savings account.

Current amount saved $440
To Go: $1860

Caroleh
01-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Maybe ! :shrug: We are thinking of November 29th thru December 5th. But a lot of good things have to happen for us before we commit to it ! :D

:fingers: and :pixie: to you for the good things to happen so you can take your trip, buddy!!!

MsMin
01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Okay, my pot is spent so I have to start over. :(
Hmm I guess I should have a goal??? Since I've got the DVC pts for next fall I guess I should think about tickets, food?, gas, extra lodging and extras.
Where do I start?
Does $3000 sound reasonable?
Right now my pot has
$37.26 well it may not be 1/2 full but it's 1.2% of what I need. :D --

realtreebar
01-06-2007, 01:17 AM
another 30.00 so thats 100.25! "gotta love :mickey: "

Bethis26fan
01-07-2007, 10:58 AM
My cousin and I have thought of a couple of ways to add extra $$ to our disney savings. We each budget $50. for our groceriecs every 2 weeks. So what we don't spend on that goes in to the cow jar 6 bucks this past week. Then starting to day we are taking turns walking everyother day. If we don't walk on our day we pay 50 cents to the cow. It's a double effort there we both want to loose some weight and so we set that up to try and motivate us to walk and if we don't well atleast it helps us get to disney. :) Speaking of which today is my day to walk best be getting to it. lol

marlyn
01-07-2007, 02:25 PM
OK....doing fairly well now. Airfare, resort, passes, tours all saved for...so am just working on spending money. I figured $150/day for 14 days is $2100. Here is where I am at.

Needed $2100
Saved $425.72

Still Need $1674.28

I am trying to put away $100 a week.

Bethis26fan
01-12-2007, 04:01 PM
We got all the details figured out and know how much we need and 1500 would be way more than I should or will spend. So my new totals are

My goal...$1100
Current amount saved...$25.00
To go...$1075

Caroleh
01-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Payday so another $100 was added, plus another $30 in $2 coins, so another $130 added to my account.

Current amount saved $570
To Go: $1730

The Bookseller
01-22-2007, 11:45 PM
I dint updated my piggybank on the late. I have added 616.00$CAN worth of tips, extra work and some spare change. It seems a lot but I keep every penny I made out of tips, rolls of change and extra work. Since I am not good with budjet so I have chosen to put everything not comming out of my paycheck in the piggy. I guess I will have a great trip this year! :mickey: :thumbsup:

Have in the piggy : 1883.00$CAN

TXTigger
01-23-2007, 12:40 PM
I just found this thread, very cool, so here we go. I'm not sure when we will be going yet, since there is a possibilty that DH will deploy for a year. We still don't know when or even if he will go, but needless to say I have plenty of time. When we do go we are staying at Shades of Green, and buy tickets with mil. discount, so I think we will need about $3000, and I am putting $80 into savings every payday. I'm am going to have to find another way to make money. Maybe I can sell some of the jewelry I make. Well, here is what we have so far.

Need: 3000
Have: 162.79
To go: 2757.21

By the way, I am really impressed at how well everyone is doing on their savings! Hopefully I can keep moving forward too!

pogo
01-23-2007, 01:00 PM

OK...... I've added $220.00 to my pot and now I'm down to $3,736.35 to go !

Current Amount Saved : $263.65
To Go : $3,736.35

I still need help ! :D

Disneyatic
01-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Everyone!
We are fairly new to Intercot....I love this discussion, it has helped me beat my blues on having to save for our trip! I was discouraged at first, but seeing how many other people are doing the same thing has raised my spirits!! We are going Sept 9-15th

Final Amount: $3473
Saved: $230
Still to go: $3243

Only about 7/12 more months to go! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Hi Everyone!
We are fairly new to Intercot....I love this discussion, it has helped me beat my blues on having to save for our trip! I was discouraged at first, but seeing how many other people are doing the same thing has raised my spirits!! We are going Sept 9-15th

Final Amount: $3473
Saved: $230
Still to go: $3243

Only about 7/12 more months to go! :mickey:

:welcome: :rocks:

asrai555
01-25-2007, 11:40 PM
well i decided to do a certification course so that has put us back a but. i am really excited for it. -

chances of a spring trip are looking slim since the in laws are likely going to come in the fall now. which means.....maybe mickeys not so scary Halloween party? :cool:

The Bookseller
01-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi Disneyatic! :welcome: to Intercot!

I wish you the best for your budgetting project. With time and patience, I am sure that you will get through it. :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
01-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Great idea! Lord knows i need to save a ton too.... i still need around $760, i believe, just to pay for my hotel/tickets.... thats not including spending money... so yea... considering that i'm 17 and currently the only way i make any money is babysitting, thats a lot left! i almost am beginning to wish i could push my graduation back so i could have more time!! :(

The Bookseller
01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
What about "inviting" a friend to go with you? A hotel room price is listed for double occupancy. Bring another disney maniac and you will be able to cut the price of the room by half.

About the timing, are you trying to go during the low season? In September, not only the hotel is cheaper but the parks are quite empty...

Mnchknbrat1982
02-01-2007, 12:21 AM
My bf and I have been saving for like a year now. We've been putting in $100 a month $50 each. We are doing 4 day/5nights with dining and park hopper and staying at pop century. It Is first time staying on site for both of us

Needed: 1284.76
In Piggy: 1030.00
Depoist: $200 paid 1/29/07
Need: 254.76
Spending money: $200 disney gift card after we get the money we plan on adding the 100 for spending

HndrdPrcnt
02-01-2007, 02:06 AM
We were hoping to go back in 2007. Then I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had to go in for a radical (expensive) surgery. So savings fund, what savings fund?? This now pushes our return to 2008 and maybe even 2009. However, that gives us a lot of time to save :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-01-2007, 09:23 AM
We were hoping to go back in 2007. Then I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had to go in for a radical (expensive) surgery. So savings fund, what savings fund?? This now pushes our return to 2008 and maybe even 2009. However, that gives us a lot of time to save :thumbsup:

Sorry your trip got pushed back, I do hope everything works out with you mediacl problems.

tarjaybuff
02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I save money for vacations year round. My company allows me to do numerous direct deposits. So every week $25 comes out of my check and goes into a seperate savings account. Saving me $100-125 per month, and over $1,500 yearly. Then I put all my loose change in a jar. Roll it and depoist it into the same account. You will get there in no time. For the remaining balance; ask for Disney giftcards(B-day, Holidays). They are good any where in the park (paying for hotel room, meals, etc.). :thumbsup:

The Bookseller
02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I have followed your fight against Cancer here on the boards and I am really glad you got throught it. Maybe you don't have the means to go to WDW this year but you can always come back another year! Please take all your time to rest and recuperate (phisicaly and financialy), WDW and the magic inside of it is going nowhere :D :number1:

asrai555
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Man - what a wild roller coaster of a ride I have been re. trip planning. All my excitement was for nothing - FIL does not want to go to Disney in the spring. I went as far as making ressies at the Royal Table!

I am way bummed. So is my dd - which is of course worse!

I am *dreaming* of a trip in October for my birthday. Its possible but will take some real work.

Caroleh
02-03-2007, 08:02 PM
I upgraded my room to a woods view so I need to do a little re-adjusting to my amounts. I also have another $100 to add on...payday.

Final amount: $2500
Current amount saved $670
To Go: $1930

The Bookseller
02-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Added 102.50$ into the piggy. I am getting close of the 2000$CAN mark witch litteraly guarantee me my September trip at WDW! :D

Have in the piggy : 1985.50$CAN

marlyn
02-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I haven't posted for a bit, but I only need another $975 and I am all paid up for my trip in April!

asrai555
02-03-2007, 11:02 PM
:mickey: AWESOME!

TinkiTime1989
02-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Ok so i haven't updated my savings in quite a while. Since the last time I posted plans have changed.

Current plans: March 31-April 5, Just me and my mom for a girls only spring break with the mouse

Total Needed: $914
Current Amount Saved: $730
To Go: $184

Mnchknbrat1982
02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
In Piggy: 1080.00
Need: 204.76
Spending money: $200 disney gift card right now, we also put in $100 a month. After we have the tirp paid for the $100 will go towards spending money.

Bethis26fan
02-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Update, not much more added but a little.

My goal...$1100
Current amount saved...$55.00
To go...$1045

TXTigger
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, DH is going to deploy for 13 months, so our trip has now been pushed back to fall of '08 or Jan '09. :sob: To look on the bright side, I will have enough time to save enough for a big trip to either the Poly or AKL.

Need: 5000 ?
Have : 240
Still needed: 4760

asrai555
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Laura. I know about dreams deferred! But you are so going to love a really cool trip to the Poly or AKL! Where is your dh being deployed to?

The Bookseller
02-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Sorry to hear the news Laura.

This made me think: Since your DH is a servicemen, maybe you can plan to stay at the Shades Of Green, a hotel reserved to the military personel and their families. I don't know all the details but I have heard that the place was nice.

Another thing; One of the coolest thing I saw at MK was the flag retreat in the Main Square at 5pm every day. It is a warm and touching way to say tanks for those who serve. I guess Hubby would like.

Main Street Flag Retreat

Description: Watch the Security Color Guard perform a traditional flag retreat.
Duration: 20 Minutes
Typical Number of Showings: Once Daily
Typical Showing Time: 5:00 pm

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/entertainment.asp

asrai555
02-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I am happy I finally have something tangible to contribute to this thread! I took my 4 year old to the bank the other day to open up a "Disney Savings Account". It was a really great experience for us - and I think saving for our trip together is going to be a valuable lesson for her.

So here it is:

Total Saved: $320
Total Needed: $2000
Left to Go: $1680

The Bookseller
02-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Asrai555, this is one brillant idea! My parents initiated me to the workings of a bank at age 6. I am glad I have lived the experience and it was a good experience.

Me, I have added 40$ worth of tips and change rolls to the piggy. I am over the 2000$ mark! YAY! :joy:

Have in the piggy : 2025.50$CAN

asrai555
02-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks BookSeller.
The only disappointing part? The bank couldn't put her "real" name on the bank statement.

What might that be you ask?
Oh its a small name really. One given to her by her imaginary prince.... Princess Cleo (First Name) (Last Name) Briar~rose.

TXTigger
02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Sorry to hear the news Laura.

This made me think: Since your DH is a servicemen, maybe you can plan to stay at the Shades Of Green, a hotel reserved to the military personel and their families. I don't know all the details but I have heard that the place was nice.

Another thing; One of the coolest thing I saw at MK was the flag retreat in the Main Square at 5pm every day. It is a warm and touching way to say tanks for those who serve. I guess Hubby would like.

Sorry to hear that Laura. I know about dreams deferred! But you are so going to love a really cool trip to the Poly or AKL! Where is your dh being deployed to?

Thanks to both of you for your support. DH is going to Iraq. Bookseller, thanks for the info. We had been planning on staying at Shades of Green in order to go this year, but since this came up and we have plenty of time to save now we are going to live it up! :D We'll have to remember the flag retreat when we go. I know DH will love that. Thanks again.

The Bookseller
02-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks to both of you for your support. DH is going to Iraq. Bookseller, thanks for the info. We had been planning on staying at Shades of Green in order to go this year, but since this came up and we have plenty of time to save now we are going to live it up! :D We'll have to remember the flag retreat when we go. I know DH will love that. Thanks again.
Hey, my pleasure! I am myself the grand-son of a World War Two veteran. I am sure that my (late) grampa would had loved to do this.

Here's some :pixie: :pixie: for DH so he get the most boring, eventless tour of duty a U.S. servicemen never had in history.

JMTStone
02-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm saving up for Nov 2007 so I'm right with you there!!!

Now that we're DVC members, we need to worry about the DP and expenses only. With all the miles, we are good for airlines.:whew:

This is what works the best for me for saving cash though... :idea: save before you cash your paycheck.... I have money taken out of my pay and put in a savings I don't even have attached to my checking. If its in my checking... its SPENT. I'm horrible at saving if I "see" the money. :spend:

RPHX2NC
02-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I am a huge talk radio fan! There is one person who recommends internet banks that pay 5% interest with no min. amount. Would be a great option for Disney money and keeps your hands off. You can PM me for more info. My DH thinks I would leave him for this consumer advocate and HE IS RIGHT!:secret:

asrai555
02-13-2007, 11:29 PM
I use an internet bank for other savings accounts and CDs. However, this time around I felt it was important for my DD to have the tangible experience of going to a bank.

Luckily, we aren't talking about a huge chunk of money over a long period - perhaps a $15 difference since we are trying for an October trip and we got a fairly decent rate at our bank.

Thanks for the tip though!

JMTStone
02-14-2007, 06:30 AM
My husband and I get paid every other week. I just figured out there will be 6 paychecks in March!:woohoo:

Airline here we come....

Still to go
Dining Plan
Spending Money

Caroleh
02-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Did some sewing for a couple of girls in my dance class so there's another $10, plus won $10 on a scratch ticket, and payday, so there's another $100. That makes another $120 to add to my savings.

All I need now is someone to buy my quilt I have hanging in the store and my actually trip will be paid for, all I'll need is spending money!!!

Current amount saved $790
To Go: $1810

tink&cinderblabla2185
02-16-2007, 10:05 AM
This is so great! I wish I had found this before. My DH, DD and I are going in January 2008 with family (both sides a week each) and we are trying to put away money. We would be halfway there already except that our house needs a new roof so all our tax refund will be going to that, but that also means anything we do save will be going toward our Disney trip. I figure we need about $2000 since we already have most of the tickets that we need and we ar staying at a timeshare with my husbands family. I have about all of $12 put away but at my work we get bonus checks it we get over a certain amount each month so those will be going in also.

Needed: $2000
Saved: $12
To Go: $1988

Mnchknbrat1982
02-16-2007, 04:18 PM
In Piggy: 1130.00
Need: 154.76
Spending money: $200 disney gift card after we get the money we plan on adding the 100 for spending

JMTStone
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Did some sewing for a couple of girls in my dance class so there's another $10, plus won $10 on a scratch ticket, and payday, so there's another $100. That makes another $120 to add to my savings.

All I need now is someone to buy my quilt I have hanging in the store and my actually trip will be paid for, all I'll need is spending money!!!

Have you considered putting ads on the web or selling your items on eBAY. You sound very talented. I can't sew a button. :blush: My sister has been selling her wreaths online (Craig's List).

I've sold things on eBay relatively easy. I know you don't need ONE MORE THING on your plate but, if you're doing it anyway... why not get some "magic money" out of it.:mickey:

Let me know when you put your first quilt online!

Caroleh
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Have you considered putting ads on the web or selling your items on eBAY. You sound very talented. I can't sew a button. :blush: My sister has been selling her wreaths online (Craig's List).

Let me know when you put your first quilt online!

I've been debating weather or not to make a webpage for the things I want to sell. I don't think Ebay is the place I want to sell, because what I do is a one of kind and people on Ebay are usually looking for a good deal, I at least want to be paid what my stuff is worth. The quilt hanging in the store right now I wouldn't let go for under $600, and I have people telling me it's too much money, but it has a lot of detail work in it and I consider a piece of art.

marlyn
02-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Well...I have been faithfully putting money aside. I now need only $774.28 for my trip in April. On Tuesday I will be putting another $200 into savings so will be down to $574.28. I am well on my way!! I will have money saved by end of March if I keep this up. ( I leave April 20)

One more thing...I paid my $750 deposit for my Disney Cruise for 2008 so I am really excited to have that paid for. Once I have finished saving for April trip, I will begin the saving for Mexican cruise.

asrai555
02-16-2007, 09:16 PM
It was Valentines or....Disney savings!!!

So, foregoing Valentines presents and a romantic dinner sans children we saved $200. Which means"

Total Saved: $520
Total Needed: Who knows? $2000 for a mod $3000 for the Poly :marg:
Left to go: Who cares? We are making progress! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-17-2007, 09:22 AM

My goal...$1100
Current amount saved...$60.00
To go...$1040

Cow jar savings (gas, room down etc savings)

sleepingbooty
02-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Total Needed: Who knows? $2000 for a mod $3000 for the Poly :marg:
Left to go: Who cares? We are making progress! :mickey:

I like your attitude!

I haven't checked in for awhile, its good to see how well everyone is doing with their savings goals! I have a few exciting things to report. First of all, we changed our plans - we're not doing the San Diego/Disneyland trip this year since the family we'd be visiting is going to come to St.Louis for Thanksgiving. We'll go out there another year when we won't already be getting to see them. So..... we've decided to take the 10th anniversary trip in August and do a family trip at our traditional time - the last week in September. I'm so excited that we'll be getting down to "The World" twice in one year! We actually went ahead and reserved our airline tickets (free with frequent flier miles) this morning and I'm gettting ready to book our package at Coronado Springs, I think. Yahoo!

Savings goal for both trips: 4300
Total saved so far: 907
Needed: 3393, or 484 a month for 7 months (yikes!)

The Bookseller
02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I just added 35.50$ worth of tips, extra jobs and change rolls to the piggy.

Have in the piggy : 2061.00$CAN

January-2007
02-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I've been keeping tabs on this thread for a while and decided to finally join in. I have one of those plastic popcorn tubs from our October trip that I'm using to save the money in. Makes it more real if you see it. These numbers are for our trip at the end of May/ beginning of June at the Beach Club. 8 nights! Yay! All we still have to save for is the train home and extra money to go out to eat, etc.

Drum roll, please?....

Total needed: $300
Total saved: $0.35
Left to save: $299.65

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right?

asrai555
02-22-2007, 06:36 AM
If you dump change in that jar every time you cash a bill you will meet your goal in nooo time Jan 2007!

BTW Welcome! :mickey:

caryrae
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I found a good place to save money online. It's called GE Money savings. It's just like a savings account from your own bank but there are no fees and no minimum amount you need to have (I started out with just $50). Right now you get 1.75% APY with $3999 or less 4.5% APY with $4000-$14999 and 5.05% with more $15,000. You transfer money to and from your savings or checking account. You can set it up to make recurring transfers weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or yearly. That way if you know what you need to save, lets say $4000 and 1 year to save it, you would just set it up to transfer $77 a week from your savings or checking. It works great you set it all up online you don't need to talk to anyone if you don't want to.

Mnchknbrat1982
02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
just added $200

In Piggy: 1330.00
Spending money: $200 disney gift cards, $ 46 cash

realtreebar
02-23-2007, 11:23 PM
2500.00 needed so far saved since our last trip in january 600.00 so we have a great start. "gotta love :mickey: "

angel8783
02-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I have looked at this thread here and there. (In fact this thread encouraged me to come up with a plan to save for the first vacation my husband and I have taken we have completly paid for on our own)
I have done a pretty good job of saving so far. Saved all christmas and birthday money and also money my husband gets for jobs on the side plus I keep a running total of what I need to save per month. Our vacation is in October 2007 with my Mom and my mother-in-law (she has not been before! so i am excited to take her). This is just our portion, the mothers are paying their own way.

We need: $2850.00 (plus we will have extra from our Disney Visa, I think over $100 in rewards points)
Saved: $1640 (since October 06)
Need: $1210 (about $150 per month pending side jobs we get)

PinKy
02-24-2007, 06:54 PM
ooh!! I want to join in too! I can start saving for '08!:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
02-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Just added to the account from our tax return!

Total needed: 4300
Amount saved: 2219
Need to save: 2081, or 297/month:ill:

jilwil
02-25-2007, 10:49 PM
I am so impressed with this thread!:thumbsup: I only found it recently. I am so inspired to start saving! Count me in, if that's O.K.!

Well here's how I've been saving money.........every time I have a bulk of $1's and $5's, I go through them and take out all the bills that have the letter F or D. F=Florida and D=Disney. Then I put them in my money bank. It's a fun way for the kids to help too!

I love this idea!:thumbsup: I am going to introduce it to DS (age 14) this week! I think we will only use one dollar bills with "D" on them though!

Our trip is scheduled for April 27-May 2 of this year.:joy: Unfortunately, we have already planned to pay for it on credit. I would love to use this "savings club" as an incentive to pay it off. Typically, this is all we use credit for (emergencies, large purchases, trips). We are, however, saving to have a few hundred dollars cash when we go. Here is the break down of our trip:

~Resort stay for 5 nights @ POR with standard view and 3-day MYW tickets (that include the free PH and WPsF and more option:thumbsup:-$1,339.46 (As an aside, thanks to Elaine @ MJ for helping us get a great deal!:notworth:)

~DDP for two adults @ $38.99 each for 5 nights-$389.90

~Arabian Nights Dinner Theater in Kissimmee our last night there, for 3 @ $56.60 a ticket-$169.80

~Unknown expenses @ this time: additional spending money (souvies, etc.), boarding our dog, prep money, rental car-$2,100.84? (I know this is a LARGE sum of money, quite the estimate. But, I am a person who would rather plan for WAY more than I need, than end up on the short end of the stick! Nothing can ruin a vacation faster! I doubt seriously we will need this much money, but just in case, I will plan for it! Not sure if I will make it to that amount, but I will try!)

Grand Total: $4,000.00:spend:

Credit: $200.00 deposit on room and tickets made on February 2.

Savings/Cash: $200.00

How I will save: $100.00 goes into our savings account from DH's paycheck every two weeks. We just transferred a large sum from our savings to our checking to pay down our credit card. Some of this money was also tax refund money. I will be taking some clothing to a re-sale shop in our town. Also, I will be having a yard sale April 7. (Half will go toward our trip.) I will use the above listed "Disney dollar bill" savings plan. I will also probably visit our local Disney store to trade in cash for some Disney Dollars. (This always helps me save because I can't spend it anywhere else.)

I have a "coin vase" at my house, but I set that aside as extra to contribute toward the Lord's work.

Whew!:whew: Hope you are all still with me! Thanks for your patience! Happy Saving! I will be checking back in!:D

JMTStone
02-26-2007, 05:56 PM
DD14 just lost her retainer. There goes $50.00 :spend:

Caroleh
02-26-2007, 06:20 PM
DD14 just lost her retainer. There goes $50.00 :spend:

Sorry to hear about the setback, but it'll all work out!!! I know when my DD was still in college, we were helping her out a lot with my Disney money.

I roughly have about $1500 left on my reservation with $800 of that in savings. After that I'll just have spending money to save up!!

asrai555
02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Well I am just getting around to making last week's deposit *today*. We cashed in the change in the piggy and I gave over some personal cash.

Total Saved: $685.00
Total Needed: $3,000??
Left to Go: $2,315

I love being able to come here and post about my progress though! It inspires me! :mickey:

allie_to_you
03-02-2007, 09:04 AM
We just opened a separate checking account a few weeks ago to save for our December trip. We are planning on an amazing vacation doing all the things we've wanted to do for a long time and figure we'll probably spend about $4,000.

Needed: $4,000
Saved: $140.00
Left to Go: $3,680.00

asrai555
03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
My sis repaid me for a shower gift we split - and we got a whopping .52 cents in interest!

Total Saved: $710.52
Left to Go: $2289.48

Making moves! making moves!

Caroleh
03-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Payday, so $100 into the savings, plus I won another $26 on scratch tickets. These scratch tickets are helping me lately!!!!

Current amount saved $916
To Go: $1684

asrai555
03-02-2007, 03:02 PM
wow Caroleh - you are almost half way there!

Caroleh
03-02-2007, 03:22 PM
wow Caroleh - you are almost half way there!

I know!!! Actually I need about $600 more and I have my reservation paid off. The DH is paying for the flight, which I haven't included in my figures. So anything else I have will just be spending money!!! (Now if someone would just buy my quilt I have for sale, the trip would be paid for!!!

Caroleh
03-05-2007, 08:54 PM
sold $34 of change to the store!!!

Current amount saved $950
To Go: $1650

asrai555
03-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Now if someone would just buy my quilt I have for sale, the trip would be paid for!!!

There is a person out there looking for the perfect quilt.

And you have it.

If you call them to you, they will come. :mickey:

sleepingbooty
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I put down my deposit on the anniversary trip today! Yea! So that's 200 less I need:

Airline tickets for August: done (frequent flier miles)
Deposit on August trip: done

Amount needed: 4100
Amount saved: 2024
Left to go: 2076, or 297 a month

Bethis26fan
03-07-2007, 01:29 PM

My goal...$1100
Current amount saved...$70.00
To go...$1030

Cow jar savings (gas, room down etc savings)

JMTStone
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Just came back from London where I spent $150.00 on Lion King tickets and booty. :simba:

Time to get back to business!

January-2007
03-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Total Needed: $300
Total Saved: $36.18
Still Need: $263.82

We're moving right along, and DH just got a great new job, so soon we will be filling that popcorn tub to overflowing (I hope!)

With two and a half months until our trip, we're right on track.

realtreebar
03-09-2007, 11:33 PM
planned a cruise for this january trip also another 832.98 needed and 1325.00 needed for tix to park so far i started the 20th of jan we have 809.37 saved 1348.61 left to go!!

Bruegge
03-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Well, DH is going to deploy for 13 months, so our trip has now been pushed back to fall of '08 or Jan '09. :sob: To look on the bright side, I will have enough time to save enough for a big trip to either the Poly or AKL.

Need: 5000 ?
Have : 240
Still needed: 4760

If this is hubby's first deployment there are certain advantanges... besides hazardous duty pay, family separation pay, he will be tax free for the months he is gone... Look at his latest LES and look at his Federal withholding.... That money can go right into the cookie jar..

Scott

asrai555
03-11-2007, 05:31 PM
'Nother $30 buck-aroos

Total Saved: $740.52
Left to Go: $2,259.48

I have to say - I am really reconsidering the Poly as much as I want to try it. I think I may opt for the POFQ and use the other money towards some sort of house reno.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-11-2007, 10:41 PM
just added $100

In Piggy: 1529.76
Spending money: $200 disney gift cards, $ 245 cash

I'm also going to be calling my travel agent tomorrow to pay off the remainder of the balance :)

DWVACA2001
03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
$7274.98 :scared:
$200 deposit
$2000.00 saved
$5074.98 needed for hotel/package

not sure how much plane is going to be....:spend:

October 2007 Polynesian
213 days left :minnie:

Wolf
03-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Alright yall we both been putting as much as we could spare for the past 3 months plus a refund for some books for my school, and our checks from work!
Payed off the credit card today and it was cheaper that we had expected...Then checked the balance!!!

We've come up with $1000 for Mouse-Money as we are calling it!!! :woohoo: Once we hit $1500 we are booking we decided today cause we are shooting for $2500 for our Pop Century trip in December!

The Bookseller
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Here we go! 172.50$ worth of tips, extra jobs and change rolls right into the WDW fund!

Have in the piggy : 2233.50$CAN

JMTStone
03-15-2007, 06:46 PM
This is our 6-pay month so with Today's paycheck, I booked my flights. :whew:

Now all I have to worry about it dining plan and spending money.

Step by Step.......

Caroleh
03-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Ah, payday again, so another $100 along with $10 worth of coins sold to the store.

Current amount saved $1060
To Go: $1540

glenpreece
03-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Well after my past trips and various other reasons I have been totally broke. I have prepared for the future by getting my finances in order. No more credit cards and 1 payment a month to cover my bills. I too am going to try the all cash route for my next trip. A prepaid MC is also going to where I stash all my WDW money so next payheque it begins!!!!!!

Caroleh
03-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Made another payment toward my trip, so I've readjusted my #'s

Final amount: $2000
Current amount saved $460
To Go: $1540

sleepingbooty
03-21-2007, 07:13 PM
DH just got a small bonus at work, went right in the vacation fund! Now we're getting somewhere!

Tix for August trip: check (frequent flier miles)
$200 deposit on August trip: check

Still need: 4100
In the kitty: 3363
Left to go: 737, or 123/month until we leave: Do-able! :woohoo:

Now, if they'd come out with free dining for our September trip, we could subtract about 700 from our total, and we'd already be there!:fingers:

asrai555
03-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Another $150 in the bank. We got some extra money in this week. Here are the updated numbers:

Total Saved: $890.52
Total Needed: $3,000
Left to Go: $2,109.48

The difference b/t the Poly and the POFQ with dining, and base tickets is about $1500. I really, really, really want to try the Poly. But considering we want some spending money and the NSSHP is going to run us at least another $100, I just don't know if I can swing it.

Also, due to some logistics we might end up paying for our flights. We want to fly direct from one of two airports, and of course the company we have miles with doesn't fly direct from either of them.

It seems rather crazy if you add it all up 6 nights for 3 paying guests (my son is not 3 yet) including airfare, will be somewhere, at its lowest, between 3,470.00 and 5 grand. Whew. Its alot right?

The Bookseller
03-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Update:

38.00$ worth of tips and change rolls added to the fund.

Have in the piggy : 2261.50$CAN

aprilisis
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
So far I have only saved $275, but I am having $50 per week automatically deducted from my checking & put into my "WDW" account! I have until November 30th, so I should save a good amount. :mickey: I just have to resist the urge to take money out of my savings.

angedeaile
03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Great Thread Idea!~

Total Saved: $712.01
Total Needed: $2,000
Left to Go: $1,288

I am working on getting a second job, which that money will all go towards Disney.

Pixie dust needed for getting an answer back on how my interview last week went!

asrai555
03-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Total Saved: $965.52
Left to Go: $2,034.48

Another $75 in the till after I got paid. I am going to put my deposit down sometime after April 17th.

I am really happy with the progress I have made. I have to say having my daughter participate in the process makes me really motivated because we keep talking about the disney bank. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-29-2007, 10:16 PM
My goal...$1100
Current amount saved...$117.00
To go...$983.00

added a little bit to it.

Don't tell anyone :secret: but I think I may be get Disney Dollars for Easter. Which would be really funny cause I bought Disney Dollars for that person for easter as well. :mickey:

kaylamag
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm saving for a trip in January of 08. I'm figuring we'll need at least $6000 (with dining plan). I'm planning on using this years income tax to help pay off credit cards from booking. Does anyone have any good saving tips? I've tried selling on ebay, apparently nobody wants my stuff! I've thought about a yard sale, but it seems like so much work!

Need...$6000
Saved...$1,138
To Go...$4,862

asrai555
03-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Yrad sales are a lot of work but if you have family you can employ them and get them in on the fun. Also - you are likely to get more visitors if you pal up with a few neighbors and sell together.

If you are looking to save money overall I would just google frugal and visit some web sites. It is always good to periodically review your monthly expenses and see if there is something you are no long using or you can get a better deal on. Fro example I was going to cancel my XM radio subscription and my canble. I called both of them and 1 gave me a supremely discounted rate for 6 months. The other one gave me 3 free months of service.

Caroleh
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Payday so another $100 into my account, plus I've sold some change to the store, winnings from scratch tickets and I made something for a client so there's another $80.

Current amount saved $640
To Go: $1360

asrai555
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
:mickey3: :minnie: WE BROKE THE $1,000 MARK TODAY :mickey3: :minnie:

We got a tiny reimbursement check for $35.75, which tipped us over $1000.00.

Total Saved: $1001.27
Left to Go: $1,998.73

Other great news? I also sold $45 worth of stuff on another internet board. I will add that in once I get the check from paypal.

Mnchknbrat1982
04-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Just added another $50 in a gift card as I got a $50 gift card from my disney visa rewards.

In Piggy: 1579.26
Paid off trip: 3/5/2007 remainder $1084.76
Spending money: $250 disney gift cards, $ 245 cash

Caroleh
04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Got my tax return..it's not much, but it all helps!!!!

Current amount saved $746
To Go: $1254

sleepingbooty
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
We finally put down our deposit on our September trip, so that's $200 less that we need (and $200 less in the kitty, obviously). Also, I put in a $25 check from my Visa rewards. Every little bit helps!

Still Need: 3900
In the Kitty: 3192
Left to Go: 702

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll save with you, but instead of saving to vacationt there, I'm saving to move there in Sept.

Needs: 2,500
Saved: 100
Left: 2,400

asrai555
04-07-2007, 08:28 AM
DD rec'd an allowance from grandpa and we got a small insurance reimbursement check and a bit of interest.

Total Saved: $1067.65
Left to Go: $1,932.35

Moving right along. Its nice to be under than $2000 total needed mark.

Mnchknbrat1982
04-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Just added another $100 cash

In Piggy: 1879.76
Spending money: $250 disney gift cards, $ 345 cash

sleepingbooty
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM
We took advantage of the free dining special offered today, so I'll go ahead and change my numbers :woohoo:

Amount needed: 4088 for two trips
less deposits paid, (400): 3688
Already saved: 3195
left to go: 493, or 82/month thru September!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-09-2007, 02:46 PM
We took advantage of the free dining special offered today, so I'll go
ahead and change my numbers :mickey:

Needed: 1055.26
In Piggy: 2109.26
Spending money: $250 disney gift cards, $ 345 cash

Have to wait for the $229.50 to be credited back to my Disney Visa but once it does the cash will come out of my account to put it in the Disney Fund.

asrai555
04-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Not much to report here (we are having our bathroom renovated!). Great news about the dining plan - I just wish they were offering it in October. I just can't see switching my October plans all up - even though it would be a substantial savings.

Caroleh
04-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Today is payday, so there's another $100, plus another $30 from selling change to the store and winning from my scratch tickets.

Current amount saved $876
To Go: $1124

sleepingbooty
04-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I need to adjust upward now. We did get the free dining for the September trip, but when we couldn't get my parents a room at Pop, where we were staying, we cancelled and rebooked at POR. Also, I'd forgotten to budget in for stroller rental.

New amount needed for both trips: 4600
Less deposits paid (400): 4200
Already saved: 3196
Still need to save: 1004, or 167/month

The Bookseller
04-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Update:

150.00$ comming from various sources added to the fund.

Have in the piggy : 2411.50$CAN

And with this, I am closing the fund. I am in the process of booking a trip for WDW this September so I am collecting my chips. Wish me good luck for the planing! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
04-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Update:

150.00$ comming from various sources added to the fund.

Have in the piggy : 2411.50$CAN

And with this, I am closing the fund. I am in the process of booking a trip for WDW this September so I am collecting my chips. Wish me good luck for the planing! :mickey:

Congrats on reaching your goal. :party:

Caroleh
04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I've got the trip paid off, so now I'm saving for spending money. I'm going to try to see how much I can save before the trip, not that all of it will be spending money.

Current amount saved $106

Caroleh
04-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Received my vacation pay and payday, so making my new adjustments.

Current amount saved $656

Magic Smiles
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I started saving most of my change after our trip last spring into my very large piggie. Sold a couple of toys of DS and have deposited most of our lottery winnings - they weren't much, maybe $100.00. DS and I couldn't wait any longer to count it, so counted up the bills, toonies and loonies last weekend. We already had over $1000.00 ! Went to CAA this week and bought $700.00 in US travellers cheques. Its a start. I always estimate that our trips cost us about $10,000.00 Cdn.
That includes:
Airfare - which was $1900.00 Cdn for 3 of us for this coming Dec 07,
Hotel - we stay at the POFQ and have a 40% discount for 12 of our nights, CAA rates for the other 4 nights
Car Rental - much more than last year at the current rates
Meals - we don't eat a lot, but plan on bookig a few ADR this time round. Never have done before as we don't like to spend much time eating
Park Passes - 10 day hoppers with waterparks and Disney Quest. We already have some days left on last years with no expiry and we still have 2 days at Universal no expiry
MVMCP - $150.00 US, maybe twice ???
Spending money.
Amount Needed: Lots
Amount Saved: Some

raider97
05-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Count me in.... We just got back from 8 days this past Sat. and I am already trying to star saving for a trip in Dec. 2009. I have to save it all, because DH is not as big of fan of Disney as I am.... only way I can convince him is if I have all the money already saved...

Figures:
Cost:$3600 or so
Saved: $20
Money to go: $3580

Mnchknbrat1982
05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Needed: 1339.76
In Piggy: 1579.26
Paid off trip: 5/1/2007
Spending money: $250 disney gift cards, $ 245 cash

Mnchknbrat1982
05-29-2007, 07:40 PM
In Piggy: 1739.76
Spending money: $250 disney gift cards, $ 400 cash

Caroleh
05-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I haven't posted in quite awhile, so....

I bought a Disney gift card when I was in the States on Mother's Day, so that dropped my savings down $350. Payday so $100 was added to my account, I sold some $2 coins to the store and won $15 in scratch tickets

Current amount saved $431

Bethis26fan
05-30-2007, 08:19 AM
My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$185.00
To go...$915.00

I really gotta get busy. :mickey: If the darn disney store here would stop having sales I would be doing a lot better. :)

Bethis26fan
05-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I found $20.00 I had put aside as "just incase money" while we were at the beach this past weekend. I didn't have to use it and kind of forgot about it so I'm adding it to my disney savings

My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$205.00
To go...$895.00

PinKy
06-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Congratulations Mnchknbrat1982! And keep going Bethis26fan! You'll get there! We have just returned from our 07 Disney trip so, its time to start saving for 08! Unfortunately that means I'm at ground zero. :( Payday is next week - let the saving begin!

Goal: 3662
Have: 25
to go: 3637

Deesdisney
06-02-2007, 12:13 PM
You can do it. I do it every year. However not that much. But I have been without certain things to stash cash. We use to go out to nice rest. for dinner 2 nights out of the week. However I know go out once a week and not to a really expensive one. I also tell my kids that they can not go over a certain amount of money for there dinner. So far it has worked. I usually save close to 150 a month on that alone. I only do this for Disney though. YOU CAN DO IT FOR DISNEY!!!

Bethis26fan
06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
added $50.00 more

My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$255.00
To go...$845.00

Caroleh
06-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Another $100 added to my pot.

New balance $531

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 12:36 PM
My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$330.00
To go...$770.00

caryrae
07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Not saving for a Disney trip this time but we are saving for an anniversary trip to Key West next April. I am trying to save $70 a week, so by our trip we should have almost $3000. Will be nice to have the extra $1000 just in case.

We have the airline tickets and deposit for the hotel paid already.

Goal: $2000
Saved: $140
To Go: $1860

Bethis26fan
08-02-2007, 08:36 PM
My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$355.00
To go...$745.00

LadybugTink
08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$472.00
To go...$628.00

Hopelfully I will get it :)

Bethis26fan
08-18-2007, 05:22 PM
My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$405.00
To go...$695.00

Caroleh
08-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I haven't been saving too much lately...spending more. I bought a new digital camera for the trip, does that count as toward my trip?

Anyways, I have to really try harder just to save so I can get stuff for the house when we move. I had a $7 bonus for June, $18 in scratch tickets winnings and my usual $100 so another $125 into the savings.

New balance $578(that's after the purchase of my camera)

Bethis26fan
08-23-2007, 09:59 PM
added another $100.00

My goal...$1100.00
Current amount saved...$507.00
To go...$593.00

Bethis26fan
08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
:party:Well my trip is paid for:party:
:eat: We have the DP so that is taken care of
:shop:The only thing left is spending money:spend:
So new totals on the board are
amount to save:$400.00
Amount saved $86.00
To go: 314.00

When I reach that I will keep adding to it but that is what I want to atleast take. :cool:

2Epcot
08-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Considering we are buying a house and two new cars over the next year, a spontaneous Disney trip is out of the question, so I'm joining the savings club.

Goal: $3700.00
Saved: $503.00
To Go: $3197.00

pcoleman
08-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm glad I found this thread and count me in. We just did Disney this year in April but already want to return. Next trip maybe we add the cruise too. So with that said I will need about $4500 for Me, DH and DD.
Amount needed $4500
Amount saved $25
Hey, have to start somewhere.:cloud9:

Bethis26fan
08-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Adding a few more $$$$ for my spending money

amount to save:$500.00
Amount saved $189.04
To go: 310.96

BklynChick
08-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Last weekend I brought my two banks to the "Penny Arcade"...total of $67!!!!!

:jaw:

That makes about $100 since the beginning of this year just in spare change.

It really does add up!

caryrae
09-01-2007, 10:54 AM
This is our updated savings for our trip to Key West next April.

Goal: $2000
Saved: $470
To Go: $1530

Caroleh
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I really need to keep up on this better!!! I'm saving but just not posting!! Anyway, I've added my usual $100 from my paycheck and just added my July bonus of $120.

Savings: $809

Ariel_Fan
09-05-2007, 04:58 PM
We have a trip planned for August of next year. I'm not sure how much all of it will cost yet, but we've just started saving for it. So far, we have $203. YAY!

Mnchknbrat1982
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
In Piggy: 2149.76
Spending money: $250 disney gift cards, $810 cash, I also have 26 points on my disney visa card coming to me.

By the time we leave we will have $2359.76 as we both have another $110 each to put in the fund.

We'll be there in 17 days!!

Bethis26fan
09-14-2007, 02:56 PM
added $20.45

amount to save:$500.00
Amount saved $209.49
To go: 290.51

fairies*n*fireflies
09-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I would love to jump in here. We are discussing right now when we want to go next year. DH says he thinks we should go at Christmas, but I am not sure I want to fight the crowds. I am leaning on fall break. I have to sit down compare prices and such to know how much to save, but you all have inspired me to start saving every penny! Just sent DS to the bank to get coin rolls LOL!!!:fingers:

Jennifer:tink:

Caroleh
09-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Added another $100.

Savings: $909