PDA

View Full Version : BEST Character Experience

imaprincess!
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
This is a spin-off of another thread, asking if you've ever been disappointed in a character. I started replying with my good experiences, so thought I'd better start another thread.

The best face character I ever met was Mary Poppins in 2001 - I think it was at Epcot. She was so delightful! She really took her time to talk to everyone, got down eye level with the children and was so pretty.

Our best costumed characters w also in 2001. Minnie Mouse pulled my DD3 out onto the floor at Chef Mickey's and danced with her. She'll never forget it! Then at MGM, Pinnochio saw my DH was wearing some sort of police shirt ... :cop: next thing we knew, he spun around, placed his hands against the wall and waited to be patted down!! It was absolutely hysterical!!! :funny: Wouldn't you know, I took pictures and they've never turned up. I'm hoping there's still a box camera hidden in the house with those photos on it.

goofiecrazy
07-19-2006, 12:37 PM
In 2004 we were down over Thanksgiving and were watching the parade in MK and I had on my pink Philadephia Eagles hat and peter pan pointed to my hat and me and gave the thumbs up for the hat..

ASweetLov
07-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Last April in Epcot I went into this building and there was Mickey , Pluto , Minnie , Chip 'n' Dale :chipdale: and Donald and there was no lines. I was so excited to get my pictures taken. When i went over to chip 'n' dale the CM with them told me my boyfriend and the people in front of us in line that they were going to take a short break and would be right back. While i was in line waiting the CM looks at me and says "They are going to fight for you" I was like "huh" and he looks at me and says "you are wearing their shirt, they are going to go crazy" :crazy: he went back to get them and Chip passed right by me and when I looked in front of me there was Dale and he gave me the biggest hug. The people in front of us took their pics and then it was my turn, Chip came to get me and gave me a hug and then Dale took me away from him and kept on hugging me and wouldnt let Chip or my boyfriend near me, my boyfriend was getting pretty mad :mad: it was actually pretty funny then Chip started mooning the camara I couldnt stop laughing :funny: , after all of that we finally took our picture, I was next to Dale and my boyfriend was between Dale and Chip. The picture came out awesome i framed it and will never forget that moment :cloud9:

Sorcerer M
07-19-2006, 02:00 PM
we went to a character breakfast at cinderella's royal table and about halfway through, we realized we were out of film. my dad had to leave the restaurant and go buy more film at one of those kiosks. Jasmine told us that she would come back to our table when my dad came back! When my dad came back Aurora was already there, so now we have a beautiful picture of my sister and I with both Aurora and Jasmine.

AnitaJane
07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
I have had sooo many great experiences, but the two that stand out the most are from my solo trip last september.

Near the end of my trip I want to meet Jane, so I asked at guest services in AK, and they said that she would be out at 3 and 4pm. So it was about 2:30 at the time so I left AK and went and looked in Rain forests gift shop before heading out side. Well I waited and waited and mickey and goofy kept going in and out. Well goofy soon started to recognise me and kept coming up and playing with my parasol and taking pictures of him self (i have the best photo of his eye and nose). Anyway he eventually tells me that jane isnt coming out today - so i left. I was pretty sad I had just waited 2hrs to see Jane. Anyway the next day I was in the mk and asked about jane and they told me the same times, so at 1pm I left and headed over to AK. Well guess what goofy came out again and recognised me! And told me that jane was there. So I talked to a cm that I had been talking to the day before. So at 2:15 jane FINALLY comes out and makes her way straight to me!!! :number1: She asked me if I was Anita, and told me she had heard all about me, and was really touched that I waited so long to see her, as most ppl dont know who she is. But wait it gets better, while she was talking to me the guy who played goofy came out and made sure that i was okay and that jane had found me :D In the end Jane spent 30 mins with me, after that she went back in (no body else came up to us).

Okay the 2nd one was not so much a character experience as a cm one. I was waiting to buzz and the incredibles in the time keeper place, when the cm said that the characters were leaving. As she came past me she saw my badge that said congratulations on, and asked me what it was for. So I told her it was looking cute with my crown on ( I should add that I was only 20 and I look about 13 and the crown is a princess aurora crown that you can only get in the UK). She was so tickled by that she told me to come with her. Now I was no where near the front of the line. She got buzz and the incredibles to come and see me. Mr Incredilble stole my paracole and was dancing with it, Mrs Incredible was embarresed and was saying sorry and buzz was going stamp happy with my autograph book (I ended up with 6 stamps from him on one page). It was so much fun and I have the sweetest photos. :thumbsup:

Christabel
07-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I'll just copy and add on to my post in the other thread...

Mulan, Aladdin, and Jasmine were probably the nicest characters I met (on my ONLY trip yet... :( ). Mulan chatted with me, gave me a hug, and asked to check our camera to see that our pictures came out okay when I told her she was my favorite! It was so nice that she showed just as much, if not a teensy bit more, attention to the weird teenager running around the park looking for characters as to the little kids.

I think Aladdin and Jasmine mainly stick out in my head because they're my other favorites and I'd been looking for them my whole trip. On my last night after dinner, when I'd almost given up hope (we'd already missed Pocahontas twice that day), a CM in the Emporium told us they'd be coming out at the Magic Carpet ride at 7:30. So my mom and I hiked over there and waited. We were third in line, right behind a 19 year old and her mom. It was kind of nice not to be the only teenager there. xD But when Aladdin and Jasmine came out, they were GORGEOUS. :cloud9: According to my mom as she watched, they both kinda gave me a big hug when I came up. Aladdin commented on my Jack Sparrow shirt, saying Jack had nothing on him, and Jasmine commented on the "jewels in my teeth." Heheh. They didn't talk too long (there was a veeery long line behind me), but they were very nice and in character and were awesome. :3

AnnetteFan
07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Almost every Chip'n'Dale experiance has been great for me since they are my favorites and the ones I try to see the most. One of my most favorites though was when I kissed Dale on the nose and he fell over and spent the next several minutes rolling on the ground giggling. His handler was not happy, maybe she was worried he'd get dirty, but he didn't care and keep rolling and eventually pulled me down with him.

Tifa
07-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Well, I have TONS of amazing Disneyland memories, as far as WDW...

A few years ago, my friends and I were eating at Chef Mickey's. At one point I was leaning on the table zoning out, when all of a sudden Mickey was there leaning next to me. He started flirting with the girls at the table, when one of us said "It's ok Mickey, we won't tell Minnie!"

Of course at that very moment, Minnie Mouse was walking by our table. She backtracked with her hands in a "what did he just do?" sort of manner. He motioned "Nothing! Nothing!" She then figured out what had been going on, and walked to the other side of the table and sat on my friend Christian*'s lap, putting her arms around his neck and getting pretty cozy with him (nothing un-Disney, of course ;) ). Then Mickey had had enough, and gets a little angry. She motions "What are you gonna do about it??"

Mickey then pointed at his ring finger and made a 'no' motion several times. "No ring! No Ring!!!", prompting Minnie to storm off. We, of course thought this whole situation was a riot... apparently the rest of the restaurant thought so too, as we soon noticed all of the attention that was pointed at our table (various cameras and camcorders had all caught the events on random families' vacation memories as well)!!!

AnitaJane
07-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Jasmine commented on the "jewels in my teeth." Heheh.

I had Jasmine say that too me too when I was at the princess storybook breakfast.

wantthreewishes
07-20-2006, 02:28 PM
once when we were in the wonders of life pavilion at epcot goofy came out. There weren't many people in there at the time and he started playing soccer with my nephew who was about 4 at the time. They played for about 15 minutes then chip and dale joined them. In all they played with my nephew for about 45 minutes.

goofymania101
07-20-2006, 04:30 PM
It was in 2003 and it was my last day at Disney World. We decided since we were staying at the YC why not walk over to MGM since our flight was kind of early in the day. Anyways, I wanted to make sure that I got to see some characters on my last day so when my dad took my younger sibs to IJ I went to the Big Hat. I had every character there except Piglet so I went over there. He was with Pooh at that time. When I went up I told Pooh that I already had his autograph and if I could only have Piglets. He agreed!!! Pooh didn't want to feel left out so he started dancing with me. I have to admint I am kind of shy, so I was embarassed. But after awhile I got used to it. After Piglet was done signing he was trying to give me my autograph book back, but Pooh was so busy dancing with me he couldn't. He was getting annoyed(in a good way) so he was shoving it in my face, and Pooh was ignoring him. After 3-5 minutes Pooh gave in, and let me get my autograph book back from Piglet. When that was settled we took a very nice picture. I plan on getting it framed (I know it's taking me a while lol)!!!

I think that's my most memorable moment!

Courtney :pooh: :piglet:

goofyluva9293
07-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow! I have too many to tell all of them but some of my favorites are:
- When my youngest DD was 2 we were in the garden in the UK @ Epcot and we were sitting on a bench when Friar Tuck came out and picked up my daughter and sat down putting her on his lap. He sat and patted her head and bounced her on his knee for like 10 minutes. To this day we don't go to WDW w/o finding Friar Tuck and my DD is now 12.
- A few years later, my girls had matching autograph books so I had written their names inside the front cover. When Minnie wrote in their books she peeked at the inside cover and wrote their names on the page w/ a little message before autographing. My older DD who was 6 then saw her name on the page so I said to her "Wow, how do you think Minnie knew your name?" and she replied, "She probably remembers me from last year!" She's now 14 and we still love to tell her that story.
- And finally in 2004 we were having breakfast in the castle and Prince Charming & Cinderella were at our table. My DD's were 12 & 10 at the time. Prince Charming started to comment on my DD's pin lanyards, asking them where they had gotten some of their pins. When Cinderella heard my daughter say that we had gotten one on Ebay, she said oh is that one of those new computer things? Prince Charming began to try & explain the technology of computers but Cindy said it was all just too confusing for her. She then asked my DD's where we were from and how we had gotten there. My DD's told her we flew on a plane from Ohio. And Cindy said, "Oh is that one of those new flying carraiges?" My girls got the biggest kick out of the two of them arguing like an old married couple and how Cinderella played her role so well. It was something they'll never forget.

There are so many more great character stories! that's one of the reasons why I love Disney soo much! :balloon:

kakn7294
07-27-2006, 01:56 AM
One of our best character experiences occurred 3 years ago when we were in the Princess room in Mickey's Toontown. We were seeing Cinderella, Aurora, Suzy and Perla. Just as we entered the room, the mice had to take a "cheese" break, so we had 15 minutes with just Cinderella and Aurora until the mice came back. The Princesses fussed over the kids, flirted with the guys, and argued with each other about why they didn't have kids of their own - after all, they had been with their Princes for 50 years. They stayed in character the whole time and were wonderful!

The Bookseller
08-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Yesterday, I posted about my worst character experience. Today, to redeem myself I will talk about my best ones.

I do believe that the characters (Face & Fur) are the soul of Disney's theme parks. Anybody can build great rides and beautiful buildings but if it look like no-one lived here, there's no magic. The three stories I will tell here are the highlights of my last trip. Yup, we can forget fireworks, the great food or the trilling rides, the best time I had was with characters.

My second runner-up is my very arrival to the Magical Kingdom. Let's just say that my travel felt like a marathon. The excitement prevented me to sleep the night before but it kinda helped to catch my flight at 6:00 AM. The rest was a serie of obstacles: the airline counter, the customs, the delay for the connection, the waiting line for the Magical Express and the desk at the hotel. At the nano-second I got my stuff into my room, I litteraly made a beeline for the Magic Kingdom. At the very end, I put the card in the machine and give the "V" sign to the biometric reader and, at last I was in.

It was at that very moment, while I was enjoying the satisfaction that I have finaly reached the finish line, that King Louie appeared from nowhere, grab my hat and ran away...

So, I spent the next minutes talking to King Louie to have my hat back. After that, I feeled so relaxed. This is the Disney magic I love.

The runner-up for my best moment is my meeting with Alladin and Jasmine. I have a friend who love that couple and was unable to go to WDW. I thought of bringing him back a gift with a autograph of the happy couple. So I had one of those hand-drawn picture of then made and went to get an autograph.

Here's my mistake; being a rookie in this activity, I brought a cheap "Autograph" ballpen to do the deed. So I met the sympatic duo and, after some pleasant small talk, kindly ask them to sign the drawing. At the second Jasmine saw the pen, she said "Oh my god, we need a Sharpie!" and she went to the "caracter bodyguard" to retrive one. And, if it wasen't enough, she asked me if I had a problem with the collor of the marker! Not only those two were very nice with me but they went over the call of duty so I can leave with a great memento for a friend. Those two have litteraly have hearts of gold.

Here's the highlight of my last trip. The very moment who made the expense of the trip worth every penny.

I am a huge (6', 185 Lbs) fan of Belle. We can debate about princesses all night long, I just can't not like her best. This is the reason why I took some time to see her at the "Fairytale Garden". She was the perfect Belle; kind, smilling and beautiful in a Paige O'hara kind of way. It was the perfect casting. After the show, I had the opportunity to chat with her. I came to her saying "Bonjour Belle!" and she answered with a nice "Bonjour Monsieur!" and we had a great chat together.

A week later, it was my last day at WDW and I made the choice to take one of my last meal at the Princess dining at Akershus. As I said latter to Cinderella "I don't know why I am here; do I am here to meet the kingdom's high society or to see kids meeting the princesses?". Yup, I am a sucker for this. So I step in the restaurant loby and I saw a "Belle", her back to me, talking to a kid. Suddently, she turn on herself and I am face to face with MY Belle! While I was a little stunned by this, she just said, as if she met an old friend, "Bonjour Monsieur!". She remember me...

:cloud9: I barely remember the rest of the chat we had there, but at that moment, i felt special and this is, i guess, what Disney's Magic is all about. :cloud9:

Those are the moments that keep on poping into my mind when I think about my last trip; not the rides or the decor but the characters who made my trip extra special.

Volksjager
08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Our best experience was with Goofy, my sons favorite character, at a character dinner in MK.

My son spent the whole time trading for over 30 Goofy pins and wore them proudly to dinner on 1 overly heavy lanyard...Goofy noticed!

Well, it seems to me, that Goofy went out of his way to sit down with us, chew on the table for a bit, mess my sons hair, pose for pictures etc etc. The best was when we went to leave, he noticed us again and started to 'cry' and then started the mock bowing to show his appreciation for my son's work getting all the pins.

It was as they say...priceless.

Disneypixie513
08-24-2006, 06:33 PM
i was just about to post something like this...i have..hmm...alot of stories.. 1st.) our 2002 trip i was 10 and my sis was 6...we were getting our pictures with Jafar..and idk if it's me but i always walk to the villians a little slower then if it was Eeyore or something..any way...i turn around for the picture(we werent doing autographs) then Jafar took my sunglasses and put them on him! i was so suprised! i didnt think about him keeping them on for the pic so i took them back...2nd.)our 2002 trip again...pretty much same story..except we were taking our picture with baloo and he took my hat! and i couldnt reach it cause he was much taller then him...so i'm like jumping around like an idiot trying to reach my hat and every one was laughing @ me! 3rd.) last trip...this happend to my little sis(9 then) she has really long hair and mom had put her hair in pigtails and we were getting our pic with goofy (seperately) so goofy took her hair and pretended that they were handel of a motercycle!it was so funny! 4th.) we were in line for Lilo and Stich and stich started look at my pins and i had a stich pin and he got sooo excited and was pulling on lilo's dress to show her..5th.)i had just gotten my pic with baloo and got his autograph and he made me kiss his nose before he'd give me the book back! lol 6.) Alladin :cloud9: (he's so cute...i'm a 14 yr old gurl...sue me..lol j/k) any way i got a picture with him and i was like the 2nd 1 in line so he asked me how i posed for pics...so i did this really gurly pose with 1 hand on my hip and kinda stuck my rear-end out...he did my exact pose...it looked so funny! i LUV alladin! :cloud9: thats all i can think of right now...sorry this is so long :(

psychonurse
09-02-2006, 06:37 PM
My best most favorite most memorable character experience was in April of 05, my last visit.

I have loved Figment since I was a little girl, but had only gotten to see him attached to the Dreamfinder. But, since he's gone solo, a big Figment walks around.

Well, in April of 05, mom and I were being silly (as usual!!) and we were wearing silly hats. Mine happened to be a headband with a bridal veil. Well. We met up with Figment, and he proceded to get down on one knee, and "propose." He put the "ring" on my finger, took my hand, and we skipped away, the very happy couple.. heh...

My next visit is in ten days.. and if Figment proposes again, I'm afraid I'll have to say no, as I'll be leaving my fiance home, while I again do Disney with mom! :figment:

Psychonurse

MN MINNIE
09-02-2006, 08:21 PM
mom and Aunt down to DW and St Pete where I had another Aunt that lived there. We stayed with her for 3 weeks in january and we had to take a taxi from there to a bus place to go to the MK parks, (the old way to get around)! When we went to DW we ran into the the :funny: :funny:three little pigs and then the big bad wolf!! The Big Bad Wolf grabbed me for a moment, leaned over me and stuck my head in his mouth for a pose. It has been something I always remembered through the years. I love when the characters get into their magical disney acts!!!

KGDumbo
09-02-2006, 08:55 PM
My husband and I went down in 02 and were watching the afternoon parade at MK (can't remember the name of the parade). Chip and Dale were walking by and Chip came over to me and kissed my hand. I was soooo excited that I told my husband that I would never wash that hand again. I have washed my hand but that was my best character experience EVER! :thumbsup:

tinktude
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I have a couple, but my favorite one was Jan this year when my DD was celebrating her 5th bday at the princess tea party, and Auora pulled her out and taught her and the other kids how to sing a song using sign language. She them came over to our table last and spend 15 minutes just talking with her and it was just really special. Of course it made mom cry watching her have so much fun.

Let me tell you, those ladies that help out are wonderful. And Rose was also very special. She kept the girls interested.

The second one was at Disney Studios, when Mushu came up to my DD again and pulled her out into the street and kissed her hand and bowed to her. That was the highlight to her day.

oh yea, one more. My DS 8 was watching the parade at MK when the Queen of Hearts came up to him and made the gesture "Off with His Head", he just started cracking up laughing.

tesslor
09-04-2006, 02:43 PM
We were in the magical kingdom and our then 5 year old was dressed up as princess aurora. We were walking in an almost deserted area kind of near the carousel in the magic kingdom (before phillharmonic was built). There was a sort of side show going on with Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Peter Pan started chasing Captain Hook down the street and we stopped to watch. Peter Pan ran past us, stopped came back, bowed to my daughter and said good morning princess aurora how are you today. She was smiling so big she couldn't even talk. He signed her autograph book, posed for a picture, bowed again and took off running down the street.
After that we went to buy her a jasmine costume for the next day!

smokester653
09-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Every year we try to find Rosie in MGM. We always enjoy her. Well, last year we arrived @ MGM before the rest of our group. We spotted Rosie & ran over to her. My son (11) wanted his picture taken. I called my BIL to find out how far away they were & to tell them that we were w/ Rosie. Rosie decided that she wanted to talk to Pete (BIL) so she took my cell & started yelling "Pete, where are you? Get your butt here already". She talked w/ him until the bus arrived. Then she went outside the front gate yelling "Pete where are you? Pete!Pete! Where are you" Everyone was looking at her like she was crazy. When I spotted Pete heading for the front entrance, I told her that was him. Well she started running towards him w/ open arms yelling " Pete I'm so glad you're finally here. I've missed you." They hugged & kissed & had a great talk while laying down on the concrete while everyone watched. Needless to say, Rosie was not happy to find out that Pete had a wife. She told him that they had to stop meeting like that & that he needed to stop their relationship & try to work on his marriage. She made him get down on one knee & promise my sister that they (Pete & Rosie) would not meet anymore.
It was a great moment.
We will be in WDW again this November & we will find Rosie again for sure.

mrsHerbie53
09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
My DS's first trip when he was 4, Tigger gave him thumbs up and high fives for wearing a SpongeBob sweatshirt. Then when we were getting Mickey autographs, Mickey took my hand and kissed the back of it like a gentleman - my son loved that!!

Then we were seeing Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee and Smee kept tickling my ear!

We were there when I was pregnant with my son and saw the Genie in the WS and he rubbed my tummy!! I thought that was so cool!!!

It is funny how we remember these tiny things forever!

mrsHerbie53
09-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Another thread had several folks that felt they had not a great Mulan experience. But we did Dec '05 in China! There was storytelling going on outside the China pavillion and we walked inside the Temple of Heaven to look around.
There were Mulan and Mushu all by themselves!!! DS got autographs and many pics and then we just "visited" with them and talked.

Mulan asked how we were doing and I said we were tired, but were "getting our 2nd wind". She didn't understand this slang phrase, which I didn't realize at first. And then Mushu and I tried to explain it. It was a cool "international" experience!! :thumbsup:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
The best character experience was in 2004 with my best friend. We took pictures with Chip and Dale at MGM. Well, little did we know that the picture event would turn into a dance marathon. The two characters took time out of all the autograph and picture sessions with all the kiddies around us and just started dancing up a storm with the two of us for a good 5 minutes or soo, the looks we got by some of the moms. As my friend and I would say BE PATIENT the characters aren't going anywhere. Sometimes they just want to have fun with the grown ups, every now and then. Don't you agree????? :chipdale:

MasterGracey
10-05-2006, 04:52 PM
In 2004 I went to MNSSHP. I was waiting on Darkwing Duck when the people in front of me had camera trouble. Darkwing motioned for me to come ahead and get my picture while they were trying to fix their camera.

In 2000 I went on the Backstage magic tour. This was before the tightened security and we got to go to the character makeup and costumeing area in the utilidors. Didn't really have any interaction but I got to see two incredibly beautiful Alices getting their makeup.

SurferStitch
10-08-2006, 11:36 AM
The best character experience was in 2004 with my best friend. We took pictures with Chip and Dale at MGM. Well, little did we know that the picture event would turn into a dance marathon. The two characters took time out of all the autograph and picture sessions with all the kiddies around us and just started dancing up a storm with the two of us for a good 5 minutes or soo, the looks we got by some of the moms. As my friend and I would say BE PATIENT the characters aren't going anywhere. Sometimes they just want to have fun with the grown ups, every now and then. Don't you agree????? :chipdale:

Hey there!! :hi:

You beat me to it!!

I'm the other half of that best friend duo, and I totally agree....that was the best character interaction I can remember.....even if it wasn't with Stitch :blush: .

Dsnygirl
10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
:mickey: I have two answers.... my first and best experience was with Ariel, in MK.... my girls waited in line forever to meet her, and once they did, they were enthralled... wanted to ask her every question known to man... :blush: ... and she was great!! So kind, perfectly in character, very patient... she was a wonderful Ariel.
My second experience was with Tigger... my girls and I were shopping in the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM, and Tigger snuck up behind me and patted my shoulder... of course, I turn, and he's not there... he's on my other side, laughing... then he goes and does it to my girls... they giggled and laughed so hard... he completely didn't have to do that, to any of us - could have just gone on his way to wherever he was supposed to be, but it made our day that he stopped and interacted with us spontaneously, and we still laugh about it. :tigger:

Brer Robert
10-09-2006, 01:25 PM
In 2004 I went to MNSSHP. I was waiting on Darkwing Duck when the people in front of me had camera trouble. Darkwing motioned for me to come ahead and get my picture while they were trying to fix their camera.

Wow! That must've been special, even more special since Darkwing Duck's somewhat of an obscure character! Go check out his dvd sets out now folks.

Christine
10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
I have THREE awesome character experiences that stand out in my mind:

BEST: I have shared this one here before...
It was the first anniversary of 9/11 and we were in Epcot in the UK. The president came over the loud speaker and the entire park was to observe a moment of silence for each soul lost that day.
My daughter was only 2 years old and could see Tigger in plain sight across the street. She ran to him and he played with her quietly the entire time. I got over there right behind her and whispered an apology, Tigger's handler tried to stop him from playing with my daughter, but he continued. She couldn't understand and he knew it. I cried like a baby! I will never forget that!

Next best:
Different trip, my daughter was 3 1/2. She went to meet Cruella DeVil and Cruella notice her pink painted fingernails. She asked who painted them and my daughter told her "my daddy". Cruella said, in her dramatic, intimidating way, that next time be sure to paint them white with black spots!
It freaked her out (in a funny way) and she refused to let us paint her nails for months!

Next best:
We had just exited POTC ride, and we saw Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee at the building next door, on the upstairs balcony, leaving after a meet and greet.
My daughter, then 4) started to yell "Hook is a codfish!" (Peter Pan was her FAVORITE movie for about 2 years straight!)
To ALL of our surprise, Hook pointed at her and came barreling down the stairs after her! She screamed (with much delight) and he wagged his finger in her face and punched me and my husband on the arms. PRICELESS!! (The entire time the handler was hollering at him to return to his ship, but he played with her anyway...I LOVE that when the characters forget scheduling and "protocol" for even a moment to make some magic!)

tavera
10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
We took our daughters there last Sept. for my soon to be 3 yr old's birthday. I paid $12 and got her one of the small cakes and she dressed up like Cinderella - we were all taken aback when Belle came over and picked Grace up - she carried her all over the restaurant - talking to her and dancing around with her. Then Cinderella came and did the same thing! And both of the Princesses came back to our table twice and each time picked Grace up and talked with her (she was VERY vocal at 2 - soon to be 3) Then Prince Charming came and danced with her and my other daughter and the two mice continually kept coming over. Then Grace, the birthday girl, got a placemat all signed by the characters, a scepter, a crown and cape, and Cinderella and the whole cast came out with her cake, sang to her and then helped her blow out the candles - she (and we) was in heaven! We are going back next month - i don't know how i'm gonna explain that they probably won't do the same thing they did last time - LOL!

mousefan2130
10-14-2006, 07:02 PM
I can't say any of my experiances were bad but I think my fave was this year at the Akershus Princess Dinner,Alice in Wonderland was the best in character character I ever met!! She came to our table,we were two adult mind you no children!! She looked just like her,had the english accent,she kept talking about,and pointing to the ceiling,she said the Cheshire cat was hiding on the ceiling watching us because my friend had his t-shirt on and we just kept missing him! She was hysterical,she posed for pic's and wished my friend a happiest b-day.All the princesses were great,but Alice was just too funny!!

amorillo
10-14-2006, 09:33 PM
On our first family Disney trip the kids were standing in line at the old 10,000 leagues site... waiting to see a few characters. The Queen of Hearts was just simply facinated with DH's tattoos. She kept coming over to him checking out his arms! She must have come back at least four times! It was so funny! The kids were cracking up! Since she was so in love with him! Since then... when ever we see the Queen... "Hey Dad... there's your girlfriend!" :haha:

MasterGracey
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
In 2000 I went on the Backstage magic tour. This was before the tightened security and we got to go to the character makeup and costumeing area in the utilidors. Didn't really have any interaction but I got to see two incredibly beautiful Alices getting their makeup.

Ok, since that experience I kind of developed a crush on Alice. This year I went to the princess dinner at Askerhaus. Askerhaus is probably my favorite restaurant at WDW. The taste of the food is only matched by how pretty the waitresses are. (http://www.metro-holographics.com/images/cutewaitress.jpg)

All the princesses were good. They were extremely believable and very pretty (Jasmine was a knockout). They all flirted with me shamelessly since I was there alone. Alice was the perfect Alice though. As soon as she came over she said "Now this isn't right" and ploped down on her knees where the other chair would normally be at the table with her arms folded on the table. She then said "Aren't I supposed to be having desert with you?" She was the only one I took a picture with. When we got up to take the picture she asked to take my arm. Well, not only did she take my arm but she hugged me so tight it almost knocked me off balance. Yeah, I think this is my favorite character moment now. (http://www.metro-holographics.com/images/alicecute.jpg)

Wolf
10-22-2006, 11:02 PM
These are soo sweet! My best character experience was from our trip in 03, I was in my "gothy" phase and my mom was always really good hearted about it, knowing I would grow out of it (which I have). So she had a hard time getting a angsty gothy 15 year old to go hug the characters but when we found Jafar in the Aladins carpet area I was all for it! Luckily there wasnt much of a line either but whenever I went to go up to him I didnt realize how tall he really is, I mean I'm 5'8 and he towered over me and had that creepy feel to him so I got about half the way up to him and kind of cowarded when I got up to him and mom got the best picture of him intimidating me and me just looking terriffied. Then she got a hillarious picture of me hugging him and him looking freaked out! He was so much fun!

Next trip I have to find Darkwing, he is one of my favs. I cant believe I found Friar Tuck and Launchpad McQuack this time! Yay! ^_^

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-23-2006, 08:12 PM
My most memoriable moment is always meeting Mike and Sulley from Monster's INC. at MGM. I was down at Disney from Oct.12th thru Oct. 21st and YES, I saw my favorite character ( Sulley of course ). This year my husbands most memoriable character meet was seeing Darth Vader with the storm troopers for meet and greets out by the Star Wars ride.. He was like a little kid, aren't we all when we're at Disney???? :sulley: :trooper: :darth:

happydisneyfamily
10-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Nov. 7, 2005. My DD's 5th Birthday. For Halloween, we went all out and bought her the special "Cinderellabration" gown, glass slippers, real tiara...well, you get the picture... We were having dinner at 1900 Park Faire, DD was in her Cinderella costume and we were sitting right beside the door where the characters would get their "cheese" and "tea" breaks. My daughter was anxiously awaiting Prince Charming. Right before he made it to our table, he had to take a break. As he walked across the room, he blew a kiss to my DD and said I will be right back Cindy. My usually very shy daughter blows a kiss back and says I will be waiting!! He came back and constantly called her cinderella. It was so sweet!
Then, when it was time to bring her cake out Cinderella carried it out and then helped sing Happy Birthday to her. She still talks about weekly!

tinkgirl07
11-26-2006, 01:03 AM
The afternoon after my fiance and I got engaged we were wandering around the MK when we spotted Friar Tuck. We thought he was an unusual character and had no line so we headed over there. He saw our pins and we told him we just got engaged. He rouned up some guests and made us stand facing each other while he 'married' us. He encouraged the guests to clap for us and made us kiss! It was so cute and very nice of him to go out of his way to acknowledge our special day. :cloud9:

(we have a hilarious picture of us getting 'married' by Friar Tuck)

Ghost * Hostess
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
We had an amazing experience this year while celebrating our dd 8th birthday. We had went to AK and long story short, we were asked by a cm if we wanted to be in the Jammin Jingle Parade. That was an experience all in itself, but after she asked us, and of course we said yes, we were waiting to get our photos taken with the characters at Camp Mickey Minnie. She asked us to follow her to where you take the pix's and there was a photographer waiting and all of a sudden, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Santa Goofy all came out to take pictures with us. The CM's sang Happy Birthday to dd and the characters danced with her. We had all 4 characters all to our selves for 20 minutes and pictures and memories of a lifetime. This is what Disney is all about. :mickey:

Kim Possible
12-26-2006, 12:27 PM
my best character experience is so old. i don't remember how long ago it was but it was awhile ago.

my dad had gotten injured by one of those stilt walkers. the guy stepped on a piece of popcorn and he tripped and fell on my dad and hurt his shoulder. then later in the trip they took my family to a special room where we got to meet with cinderella and snow white. it was so cool and so special. they had them sign pictures and they sent them to my house. i have autographed pics from snow, cinderella, and minnie. plus, the woman who used to be snow white, is now sometimes the cinderella's fairy godmother in the parade at the MK and during christmas she's usually ms. claus. she was her in teh parade on tv.

i have others but cant remember them at the moment.

Disneypixie513
12-30-2006, 09:40 PM
i have another one! Ok 1st of all i'm going to say that Aladian is so fine! ok..on our last trip (i'm 14) i told my parents i wasnt going home till i saw Him! well we were at Epcot and we made a spacial trip to Morroco to see him..well we had to wait about 10 minutes..but dang it was so worth it..when my dad took the pic He put his arm around me...*swoons* now heres the funny thing..ok i was 1st to get my pic with him(oh yea Jasmine was there too..darn..lol) well i went..then my little sis went..well we were looking at the pics and my dad zoomed in and noticed something..when i was with Aladian she kinda took a step over away from us..but in my sisters pic she was closer! lol...then i saw them again in Mk by the carpet ride..and i had my dad take a pic of us (and jasmine..Darn again!) on my cell phone..no arm around the shoulder this time..darn it!

Kim Possible
01-26-2007, 10:58 PM
i remember another one! i think it was last summer or something like that. anyways... i was in toontown on the line to see minnie, donald, and goofy. i was the last person to go in the room, so after me they closed the door. after minnie said hello to me, she went on break, then donald went on break. then it was just me, goofy and the photographer. so after i took a pic with goofy, he got down on one knee and took my hand and proposed to me. it was so funny/cute/adorable... i was so nervous when it happened... i just also kind of freaked out at the time... i shook my head no and said i was sorry... he seemed sad, but it was definately a memory i'll never forget...

Fairy Grandmother
01-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Our best character experience was with Wendy at the CRT breakfast. She was very quick witted and funny. Thank goodness we got it all on tape. She spotted us later in the day from atop the float she was riding on during the afternoon parade and gave us a special wave. Thanks Wendy for the great memory. :)

Blue Genie
01-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Well I got quite a few to with 6 different characters in differebt times. My first one will have to be Belle.

BELLE

It stated in June 20, 2006. I had just gotten myself a Belle Piggybank and my mom had call me to met her by POTC ride. So I when over to her and see what she wanted. She had told me she wanted to go on it. I told her ok I didn't want to go on it so I had ask my mom if it was alright if I go see Belle by the Castle. (This is at Disneyland by the way.) She told me ok. So I when over to were Belle was I had my piggy bank in my hand and in line waitting my trun to have her sign my piggy bank that look like her. As I was getting close to her I had took out my camera. So I was the next person to go up and see her. As I took one step Belle had look at me and said. "You look very familiar to me I have seen you before." When she said that I was very shock cause out of all the people she meets every day she had to remember who I am. I told her that maybe because I have gotten about 6 different pictures of you in the past. She then ask me. "You come to Disneyland alot do u." I told her at less once a month. She then said that is proplly why I have seen you before. So she did sign my piggy bank and I got my picture taken with her. After I got it I told her goodbye. As I started to walk away it hit me that I never told her my name. So after she got done with the last kid in line she was hitting back to the back. I told her sorry but I forgot to tell u my name. So I said to her. Hi! My name is Jeffrey, then Belle said to me in a joke hi Jeffrey I'm Belle and we both laugh about it. So after that me and my mom when home and when I got home I when thought my photo album with all my pictures from Disneyland to see if I can fine the same Belle. As I did I did fine her. This was the same Belle that was over at Ariel's Grotto on Jan. 2006 for my birthday. So what a day I had. Next is Snow White.

Snow White

This starts on Oct. 28th 2006.
I had gone over to DCA to get some pictures taken with the villans that was over there. I was starting to get hungery and right across from were Capt. Hook & Ratchiff were was Ariel's Grotto. So I had my lunch over there. As I was starting to eat all the Princess was coming out. First was Ariel we had talk for a few mintues then Jasmine came out she saw my Capt. Hook shirt and told me that both Hook and Jafar are best friends. I told her that Hook is one of my favorites. She told me that I should have a villan as a favorite. I told her don't worry cause I like Genie alot more then Hook. She gave me a smile and said it was nice to met me. So then Princess Aurora came by we talk for a few then Belle and then Snow White came out and when she got to my table she said to me. I know you you been here a few months ago I told her yes I was. I told her that she was the 2nd person to have remember me. She ask me who was the first. I told her by point my finger at Belle. But of choice the Belle that was there that day wasn't the same perason. Snow White told me. "Well you know there is only one Snow White." I told her joking. Yeah I know all the other Snow White's I have met are fakes. She just laugh. So I had got my picture taken with her again and as she walk away it hit me send this Snow White remember me it be nice to get her autograph. So I had got up from my set and I was going to her and the waitress saw me and said I will get Snow White back for you. So I when back to my table and as soon as Snow White got done with her other guess she came back to me and said. I though I her your voice saying that u forgot to get my autograph. So of choice she sign it.

Here is a up date on Snow White. I when to Disneyland on Jan.20th 2007 for my birthday and I when to Ariel's Grotto again for lunch and to see if the Same Snow White was there. And yes the same Snow White was there. I didn't say a word to her I just show her my picture of her and me from the last time and she sign it and said it again I remember you again. I ask her if I told her my name she told me that I didn't. So of choice I did. So nowyou could say I got my very own Princess and friend Snow White.

Blue Genie
01-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Part 2

Mad Hatter & Alice

This happen on Jan. 20th 2007

Before you say it no they didn't know who I am. But what happen was. I had on my Mad Hatter hat and I was waitting for the Parade of Dreams to start. As it was going on the float that has Mad Hatter and Alice on it. Mad Hatter spotted me with my hat on. He was pointing at me. He was doing his lines from the Parade but he added some more to it it when something like this.
"No room No room exsept for maybe him." Mad Hatter was pointing at me when he said that and then Alice said. "He's imposter" Hatter gose. "I know, what's imposter." I just love that when that happen. And now for the last one.

Cinderella

I when over to were Cinderella was to get her picture taken in her winter outfit. (By the way this also happen on Jan. 20th 2007.)
It was my trun to get my picture taken. I handed my camera to a castmember as I did I hear Cinderella call Hello my Prince Charming. I was like shock. So these are about all that has happen to me.

Dawnya
01-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Several years ago when my son was 3 (he is 12 now) we were at the Judges tent to get autographs from the princesses (Bell, Cinderella, Suzie and Pearla). We were the last ones in the room and the 2 princesses started talking about how cute my son was and Bell gave him a kiss on the cheek-leaving a lipstick mark on his face. Anyway, he got really embarrassed and later told us he didn't like Bell very much b/c she kissed him. Every time we go back, we ask him if he wants to get Bell's autograph, and he always says no.

Blue Genie
02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Several years ago when my son was 3 (he is 12 now) we were at the Judges tent to get autographs from the princesses (Bell, Cinderella, Suzie and Pearla). We were the last ones in the room and the 2 princesses started talking about how cute my son was and Bell gave him a kiss on the cheek-leaving a lipstick mark on his face. Anyway, he got really embarrassed and later told us he didn't like Bell very much b/c she kissed him. Every time we go back, we ask him if he wants to get Bell's autograph, and he always says no.

How cute. I wish Belle, Ariel or Princess Aurora will do that to me. Maybe one day he will change his mine. After all he is almost a teenager. :D

Kim Possible
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM

how cute!

Suz36
02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
May 2006 was our first trip with our kids, and we had two really great interactions with characters. The first was a series of interactions with Snow White. We met her at the Toontown HoF, and she gave my 3yo son a perfect, blood-red kiss on the forehead. He was in a daze the rest of the night (great picture!) We then saw her again during lunch at the castle on our last day. When she came over, I told her my son was smitten with her, and she knelt down in front of him and they just stared at each other with this loving look in their eyes. He still says how he "fell in love with Snow White" to this day! The other memorable experience was with Wendy in Town Square. No one else was in line to see her, the kids walked right up, she sat down on the floor, my son plopped right down in her lap, and they all chatted like best friends! My daughter had on a Tink hat, so of course that came up in conversation. Those memories will stay with me always, and still bring a tear to my eye!

captainhookfanatic
02-11-2007, 08:52 AM
The best costumed character experience that I have ever had was when Tigger took me around the park and was skipping with me dwon Main Street. Now this Tigger was really awesome because he spent about 15 minutes with me and that totally made my trip magical. After we skipped down Main Street and back he took me over to the popcorn stand and was goofing off with me and the popcorn man and then we finally did the autograph and photo. The other one was when I met Captain Hook. He was doing meet and greets by the POTC ride and he took me down to the boat of the ride and rode the ride with me. It was a very magical trip that year.

Robin Robin
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
My best character experience was two weeks ago with Eeyore. Eeyore is my favorite character of all time and right before I met him, I had just bought a small plushie dressed in safari gear at Animal Kingdom. I was carrying it around and when Eeyore saw me, he shook his head and put his head in his hands and motioned for me to come over. He took the doll from me, kissed it and then posed with it for our picture together. It was adorable.

I'm a 39 year old woman, but that made me feel like I was 6 years old again! I loved it!

BelleCiavo
03-09-2007, 11:05 AM
In 2005 my then 12 yo son and I were waiting in front of the castle for the "Kiss Goodnight." It was after hours and all the characters were leaving for the night. Well, Chip and Dale stopped and wondered what we were doing and then they began tickling my son and bugging him for a hug. At 12 years old he was not interested in hugging characters so he began to walk away, of course they pursued him. It turned into a full chase around the hub, I kept telling my son he he would just give them a hug they would leave him alone, eventually he did. It was the most magical 5 minutes, I loved it and got it all on video. Unfortunately, we were robbed on our way home from WDW a few days later and my tapes were all stolen :thedolls:.

We are celebrating that son's birthday when we go in May, maybe my two favorite trixie chipmunks will do something else fun to him :secret:

Karen :dale: :chip:

LibertyTreeGal
03-12-2007, 05:56 AM
We made our own autograph books, and my twins placed Buzz LIghtyear stickers everywhere, and made sure the first page was all about Buzz. This was not lost on the CM who was playing Buzz Lightyear, who made sure everyone saw that he was #1. He made the biggest deal in the world out of our home made books, and our boys were so happy and proud. He also spent about three times as much time with our kids as everyone else (did I mention they were wearing Buzz hats and Toy Story t-shirts?).

RockinRollercoasterGal
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
i have so may good characte memories but just a couple stand out.
One time was my last trip in May of 06. me and my family were having a character dinner at the Liberty Tree tavern in the MK. We had seen Pluto and Dale and minnie. We were waiting on goofy and chip to come around. we were about half way through dinner when chip came and we took our pictures. The one he took with me he held out his arm as if escorting me. Chip left and goofy came around. Goofy started dancing with me as if to say "Look at me Chip I'm dancing with her!" Chip saw and didn't like it very much. he came around pushed goofy away and gave me a kiss. Then goofy got back and they 'fought" over me. Chip ended up winning and now we are going steady. ;)

The other time was 2 years ago and it wasn't a character. it was the person who opens the front doors for your at The Haunted Mansion. So usally they have staions. Well at the door my brother gave him a hard time so he followed us into the stretching room and switched places with that person. he managed to get al the way across the room without us noticing, got to my brother, dragged him away from us and to the exit door. when the door opened he took my brother all the way to the front of the line and was talking to the people who load you onto the ride. He then came back for the rest of us and instead of giving our brother back he rode with my brother in the dunebuggy. My brother later said he just sat there satring at him the hole time. It was the best thing that has ever happened. It taught my brother not to mess with Haunted Mansion people ever again.

joanna71985
03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I have a couple from P&P.
#1- One of the top things I HAD to do was meet Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters. It was worth the whole party meeting them. They were soooo hysterical. They made fun of anyone dressed as Cinderella (not in a mean way), they sang happy birthday VERY off-key (I am surprised that people on Main Street, heck- the TTC, didn't hear them), they fawned over all the guys (including my friend's boyfriend), and they asked another friend why she was dressed as a sushi platter (she was dressed as Ariel in the Village dress). It was great!

#2- One of the other top things was (of course) meeting Jack Sparrow. He was amazing. He knew my name and knew that we had "met" before. I got the best picture of him holding a goblet and complaining that the rum was gone. All in all, the characters were great at the party. I hope Disney does continue them in August.

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I am a 5-yr breast cancer survivor and I am NEVER w/o my pink ribbon lapel pin given to me by my mamma (now deceased) on the day of my surgery. On past trips, I'v had at least 1 or 2 characters gesture towards my pin letting me know they know what it means...Thank You! We also, in '05, recoreded the longest Mickey hug in history! Our 2 yr old nephew @ Chef Mickey's breakfast. Almost 2 minutes!:cloud9: And Mickey didn't even try to pull away. Just kept on hugging until nephew was done and the he honked Mickey's nose just for laughs!:D :D :D

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
One of my friends is "friends" with Woody and I saw this little boy came up with his woody costume on and pulled his little toy gun and and shot woody....Woody grabed his heart and fell on the gound, then the little boy came and sat beside him and said "Woody, get up, you have a snake in your boot" It killed me, it was so funny!

joanna71985
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Kristi, your post just reminded me of one. When I worked with Buzz in Tomorrowland, sometimes he would take an arrow out with him. He loved seeing anyone with anything Buzz on. And when he saw someone, he would point the arrow at the item with Buzz. So funny.:)

BellewanaB
04-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok, Ok...may be I have unreasonably high standards but I have seen some CRUMMY Belles! Absolutely NO facial resemblance what so ever and no personality! Storytime with Belle is another story.

I did bump into a Mary Poppins who when I requested "super" backwards she turned around and proceeded to recite the version we all know best! I still chuckle over that one.

In fur I always have the best luck (and the best pictures) with Chip and Dale.

Nick Mc
04-09-2007, 12:31 AM
My favorite expierence was at the Diamond Horseshoe when Woody and Jessie were there, It was around this time last year.. Right when they came out from backstage Woody was giving Jessie a piggy-back ride across the stage, it was so cute. Then when it was our turn the attendent yelled, Andy's coming, and they fell to the floor like they do in the movie, then we had to go wake them up by pulling on their string! it was so much fun!..

My Epcot favorite story is when I saw Goofy playing fetch with Pluto!

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
They did the Toy Drop??? I love that!!!

Nick Mc
04-09-2007, 12:37 AM
One of my friends is "friends" with Woody and I saw this little boy came up with his woody costume on and pulled his little toy gun and and shot woody....Woody grabed his heart and fell on the gound, then the little boy came and sat beside him and said "Woody, get up, you have a snake in your boot" It killed me, it was so funny!

Thank you Kristi I'm glad I made your stay so extra Magical!

Kristi Kay
04-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Thank you Kristi I'm glad I made your stay so extra Magical!

Oh you did!!! And you should really consider getting youself back down the WDW to talk with Woody, so I could have another magical experience!

Belle--86
04-11-2007, 07:34 PM
We have had several great interactions ithe characters;; the first time we took our youngest DD(1 1/2 at the time), she feel asleep and Pluto came over and was dancing around her and petting her head:pluto: . Another time on the same trip was when we saw stich :stitch2: at AK and he laid on the ground next to my youngest DD, becausw she was sitting on the ground. On one visit we went to Chef Mickeys and we all had pigtails and Goofy:goofy: was so excited. The last visit we we went to Ecopt and character incounter and my youngest DD(4) was dressed like Princess Belle and all th characters was bowing to her, including Mickey :mickey2: and Dale was dancing with my otherDD(12):chipdale: There are so many interections these are a few of my favorites. We also had a great interection with a Haunted Mansion CM, he scared my DD goining into the ride, so I was teasing her. Well he got me back, because at the part when the lights go back on-- he was standing right in front of me and scared me :faint: :faint: , I gueuss I deserved it for picking on my DD.

biodtl
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
I have a few:

When on consecutive days, Tigger and Genie grabbed DS's Steelers hat and put it on and cheered.

When Mickey grabbed my girlfriend (dressed as Minnie at MNSSHP) and hugged her while pushing her husband out of the room.

My #1 favorite - at CRT when Belle remembered DD from the day before at a meet and called here by name and hugged her. I have the best photo of them holding onto each other.

GrmGrninGost
05-06-2007, 10:50 PM
We have had several great character experiences.

When our DD met Cinderella for the first time at age 2, Cinderella went on and on what a beautiful princess she was!! DD just stared at her and smiled! She was in total awe! Cinderella talked to her for a good long time and then signed her book. They took a picture and then Cinderella told her to come back and see her again soon!! I don't think DD's feet touched the ground the entire rest of the trip!!!

When we saw Ariel in her grotto, she could not get over how much the children had grown. She kept telling them how she remebered them from last year and couldn't believe how they had changed! I thought she must just say this to a lot of kids to make them feel special, but she really did remember!! The kids thought that was really cool!!! And, so did the parents!!:princess:

At Ohana breakfast one year, Goofy started kidding around with DS and all of a sudden picked him up by his feet and started tickling him!!:goofy: He then put him on the floor and really started tickling and then layed flat and let DS start tickling!!! They had a great time!!
I have never seen DS laugh so hard!!:funny:

As we were leaving the Toon Town Hall of Fame, Goofy walked up to our DS and put his arm around him. They started walking down the hall like too buds on a mission!!! We have a priceless picture of it!!!:goofy2:

Lilo and Stitch had fun with my DW and DS. He switched their hats and wouldn't let them switch back. After the autographs were signed and pictures taken, they switched their hats back while we were walking away and Stitch chased them down and switched them back again.:stitch:

Chip and Dale were having a great time with the DKs! They were stealing hats and being silly with Pal Mickey. When the CMs fussed at them that it was time to go, they started to leave and ran back to play some more. This went on for a while and then Chip's bow came off and they had a new toy to play with!! Ten minutes later the CMs finally got them to leave and they:dale: :chip: kept waving goodbye and hanging their heads like they were so sad!! It was a real treat!!

Last time we were there, we got to ride the carousel with Mary Poppins!!! I was on :cloud9:!!

Finally, one day all the characters we met stole DS's hat. By the end of the day he was just giving it to them!!

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Watching Tigger play hide n seek with our then 15m old DS at LTT in '95. All the characters fell in love with him!:mickey:

AliceinDisney
05-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I have one from my first visit when I was 5, so that'd be in 1984...lol Anyway, I met Snow White for the first time and was on :cloud9: She kissed me on the cheek with her bright red lipstick! I was riding on the carousel and still had Snow White's red lipstick on my cheek and this sweet lady said whats that on your cheek red lipstick? I said yes, Snow White kissed me :) and the lady said "aren't you lucky" and I never ever forgot that!

Also on that trip the Main Street band was playing and Robin Hood and Little John( I dont think he does meet n greets) anymore... anyway Robin Hood was danicing with my little 2 yr old sister and I to the band, it was a very special moment in time :)

goofymania101
05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I have several...

It was our second day in the parks, and I wanted to go meet Woody. Anyways, we wait in line and finally it's my turn! I made him along with all the other characters, there own page. so he was happy about that. Then as I was about to leave, he told me to kiss his cheek, and I did!... i'll never forget that!

Second was when i was in EPCOT. I saw chip and dale with no line, so i went and saw them. I also made them their own pages. While chip was signing his page, I danced with Dale. and when dale was signing his page, I gave Chip the biggest hug ever! He started blowing kisses at me! Chip also drew a heart on his page. It was so much fun!

Last was with Launchpad Mcquack. He was standing at the entrance of Animal Kingdom, and I went over to see him. I made him his own page as well, and he went crazy! He gave me a huge hug! He went to his "helper", and showed him! He danced around! It was amazing to see him so excited. The "helper" asked if I had anymore pages of him, and I said no. I should've printed two, but that would've been a lot of cardstock! Launchpad was soo happy! Deffinatley made my trip!

courtney:mickey:

Taron
07-11-2007, 03:24 PM
:mickey:
When we went to Disney on 2004, we were meeting Jafar, as soon as I approached with my sisters to have signed my book he just stared as us like he was thinking "What you want from me?" and then my parents approeached for a pic and Jafar was managing to escape from the place like if we were his enemies. Then he pushed my dad away from the photo and grabbed my mom (who is very pretty BTW) from the hips and kissed her.

IloveDisney71
07-20-2007, 05:49 PM
My husband and I went to the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. My husband was busy eating and jokingly told Chip that he was afraid of characters. Chip acted so sad and then the next time he came around to our table he went "all out". My husband's back was to a wall that kind of stuck out a little bit. Chip motioned to me not to say anything and then he tapped my husband on the shoulder and then hid behind the wall. He did this several times and then jumped out to "scare" my husband, who by then was cracking up. Chip made this a memorable experience for 2 adults and had everyone in our area laughing. :chipdale:

PeterPanFan
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
We were in Animal Kingdom and my DD#1 was getting Balou's autograph. Then King Louie came over to sign. Balou and King Louie played keep away with her book. She played along so well. Then they started to dance and danced with her. It was fun.

:thumbsup: