PDA

View Full Version : Crowds 6/8-6/13?

thepoats
06-14-2006, 10:21 AM
We just returned from WDW and was wondering if anyone else that was there during this time could tell us what the crowds were like? This was our first trip and we thought the parks were very crowded. However, we would like to hear from someone who goes to the parks frequently.

Our schedule was:

Thursday - MK
Friday - MK
Saturday - AK (am)/Epcot (pm)
Sunday - Epcot
Monday - MGM
Tuesday - Epcot

Thank you,

thepoats

heatherstone30
06-14-2006, 11:08 AM
We were just there on 6/5 through 6/9. and OMG,, we kept saying.. Could they stuff anymore people into those parks.. It was horrible.. I'll neveeerr everrr go again, during the summer and peak time!! EVER... It was very very very crowded.. 2 hours waits,, and so on... :crowd: We had a good time,, but it was overrrlly crowded!!!!

Our schedule:
6/5 - Typhoon Lagoon
6/6 - Magic Kingdom
6/7 - Animal Kingdom
6/8 - Epcot / Magic Kingdom
6/9 - MGM Studios

Gypsysmak
06-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Oh my God ...I just got on this board to see if anyone had posted this!!! :jaw: We kept walking through the parks scared that either the park would catch on fire or a terrorist would find us with all the people there!!! :crowd: I will never go back in June again. We were there from June 6 through 10. The only ride I wanted to try to get on was the Winnie the Pooh ride since my 2 year old is infatuated...the wait posted said 20 minutes...we waited in line for an hour and a half before we decided to get out of line. My brother in law got us a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear so that was the only ride we rode at Magic Kingdom. Our whole trip was crazy without the need of unbelievable crowds added to it. I had a feeling it was going to be that crowded since we're from a very small town and we knew 4 other families from here that were going to be there at the same time. It had to be record attendance!

Despite all the craziness I did have an incredible trip and will be taking another one sooner than expected to make up for all the things we weren't able to do while we were there this time.

heatherstone30
06-14-2006, 03:21 PM
The only ride I wanted to try to get on was the Winnie the Pooh ride since my 2 year old is infatuated...the wait posted said 20 minutes...we waited in line for an hour and a half before we decided to get out of line.

I know,, we didn't even get to ride Pooh Bear,, it posted like 70 minutes, and after waiting for at least 30+ minutes on top of the posted wait time for everything we knew it would take forever. We were there from open to close and only got to do a few rides at MK that day. Phillarmagic (awesome), Mickey's Barnstormer, Teacups, Peter Pan, HM, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder, Railroad. That was it.. It was crazzzzyyyyyyy!!!!! We had to go back another day just to get Character Signature, and that took hourrrsss!!!!!
But we still had alot of fun.. Gotta love Disney!! :tink:

Gypsysmak
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
But we still had alot of fun.. Gotta love Disney!! :tink:

Gotta love Disney!!! :ditto: I agree! Even though we were sardines I still cried everywhere I went because I was so happy to be there. :blush: I really didn't mind it as much as I would have before I had a baby. This time my whole trip was centered around her excitement about EVERYTHING that I didn't care about rides as long as she was having fun. She's still saying to me in the morning when I get up for work "Mama we going to disney wold?"........we're planning to go at the end of January next time.

heatherstone30
06-14-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree too.. My little girl keeps asking me if we are going to Disneyworld. "Mommy when are we leaving to go again." She loved it, and I loved it. It was wonderful. WE will be goign in February this time.... No more peak season for us!!!

thepoats
06-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm glad to see we weren't the only ones who thought it was crowded. We didn't have a previous experience for comparison. Although we had the best vacation we've ever had, we will probably choose a less crowded season for the next trip.

hubbyofadisneyholic
06-14-2006, 09:24 PM
You guys are scaring me!!
We arrive Sunday night and really don't want to hear that it's busier than usual for June... :crowd:
My 77 yr old mother is coming with us for the 1st time. She doesn't handle crowds well...this could be interesting. :drama:

SpectroTrumpeteer
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Uhh-oh :jaw: We are going the last week of the month. After reading these posts I'm almost dreading it. (Those words should not be coming out of my mouth.)

For Christmast my parents gave me, my wife and 2 daughters, my sis and bro in law, as well as mom and dad, tickets and we're staying at a house with a pool off property.

I tried to encourage everyone to schedule another time but they couldn't. So I guess we'll just have to **** it up and go! We'll make the best of it.

Marilyn Michetti
06-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh my gosh, I can't imagine ! Early Dec. last year was even more crowded than usual, but the crowds you're talking about, along with heat and humidity. It sounds like boot camp.

Good luck, and do all the common sense things like plenty of water, rest breaks, and a good attitude. May the force be with you, and all the bathrooms with no lines. :thumbsup:

CuteAsMinnie
06-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Ya know guys, I'm wondering why no one mentioned the use of fastpass???? :confused:

We have always traveled in June and never had a problem with crowds (except for evening EMH which we will never experience again!). I can honestly say we never waited in line for anything for more than 10 minutes when utilizing the fastpass. The only time we did not us it was on EMH mornings. The optimal ways to experience the parks is to get there early, early early and you must use the fastpass to it's fullest extent. Also, it is definitely worth the extra $$ for a park hopper. This way you do not feel "stuck" in a park and pressured to see everything in one day which is virtually impossible.

I'm glad you all had a great time, despite the crowds. Having kids in school, we'll have to continue with the summer touring schedule.

Another note: the fact that crowds were very high, I'm guessing that is way not much in the way of discounts were offered for the June-July time frame. :(

Everyone have a magical day! :mickey:

Buttercup
06-15-2006, 09:04 AM
We have always traveled in June and never had a problem with crowds (except for evening EMH which we will never experience again!). I can honestly say we never waited in line for anything for more than 10 minutes when utilizing the fastpass. The only time we did not us it was on EMH mornings. The optimal ways to experience the parks is to get there early, early early and you must use the fastpass to it's fullest extent. Also, it is definitely worth the extra $$ for a park hopper. This way you do not feel "stuck" in a park and pressured to see everything in one day which is virtually impossible.

We were at WDW last June around this time, and although it was busy, it wasn't terrible. But other people have told me they were there the same week and were shocked at the crowds. I guess it's just what you're used to!
We never go to the park that's having EMH that day - you can bet those will be busiest. And we make good use of Fast Pass. Easy as pie! We're going to be at WDW by Sunday afternoon (yay!) and I'm expecting it to be about the same as last year. No biggie. :mickey:

poeticeclipse
06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
To calm everyones nerves... slightly. I just got back from a week trip starting on the 5th.

My family and I felt that the only bad crowds were at Magic Kingdom. I honestly felt like sardines there. I've never had that feeling there before. All of the other parks at semi alright wait times for attractions. The big issue we had was the extra magic hours. It was a crock and a half for us. We wanted to go on Soarin' so bad because only I have been on it before. We went back during the extra magic hours and the sign said that the wait was 40 minutes. We figured...it's better than normal so let's wait. After 2 minutes, groups and groups walked past us going to exit. I stopped a man on his way out and say "do you know how long the wait is?" And he replyed, "let me just tell you, this morning the line was no where near this long and I waited almost 2 hours so I'm thinking this is at least 2 1/2." We walked out right behind him. So much for Soarin'.

If you know how to work the crowds and can walk VERY FAST while keeping your party together, do so and get to the rides that mean the most to you ASAP. Otherwise, you may not get to go on them at all.

heatherstone30
06-15-2006, 12:14 PM

We were there last week, and we had the park hopper, and we utilized Fast Pass. The problem was that everypark was stacked, from Animal Kingdom, MGM, MK, and even Epcot. Fastpass is a good tool,, but you can only get one Fastpass, and if your FP was for say 3:15 to 4:15 then you couldn't get another one till 4:20. Trust me we tried several times. And when it's 10:00 in the morning, your up a creek, and have to wait. And did we ever wait!!! Like I said it was still fun,, but it was very HOT, and very crowded. And trust me when I say crowded. I've been to several parks and busy places, and there no other words for it. It was crowded. But you know your on vacation, so let it all roll of your back and Have Fun.. That's all that matters, the kids act like they are on a Happy Drug, so the waits weren't mindnumbing... Just anticipation added with heat!! Have fun.. :tink:

angiey
06-16-2006, 07:36 AM
I was there June 2nd thru 10th. I believed it was very crowded compared to our previous summer trips. We were able to do everything using fast pass and parkhopping. My family is at the turnstiles 30 mins. prior to opening. We did not do Early magic hour this trip, but will next time. The key is getting there early, we get so much done in that first hour. Of course, I have two young children and we were heading out of the park early evening and in bed around 9:00. What suprised me this trip was, on Friday we checked in around 9:00(our room was ready) and spent the day at the resort. There was a ton of people hanging out at the resort all day. On Monday our kids did the pirate cruise from the Grand Floridian-there was a ton of people hanging out there from 9-12. I guess what I noticed was that I'm in the minority for getting out early and hitting the parks.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-16-2006, 08:42 AM
I was there June 2nd thru 10th. I believed it was very crowded compared to our previous summer trips. We were able to do everything using fast pass and parkhopping. My family is at the turnstiles 30 mins. prior to opening. We did not do Early magic hour this trip, but will next time. The key is getting there early, we get so much done in that first hour. Of course, I have two young children and we were heading out of the park early evening and in bed around 9:00. What suprised me this trip was, on Friday we checked in around 9:00(our room was ready) and spent the day at the resort. There was a ton of people hanging out at the resort all day. On Monday our kids did the pirate cruise from the Grand Floridian-there was a ton of people hanging out there from 9-12. I guess what I noticed was that I'm in the minority for getting out early and hitting the parks.
We were there the exact same days, and cannot complain! The first three or four days were great, and we walked right up to our favorites early in the day, and worked those fast passes to do everything we wanted to later, even leaving for a nap during the middle of the day. I think several schools were still in session then, and it did pick up around the middle of the week, but we've been before and I'll go again in June!:wave:

JRocker
06-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Me and my wife were discussing this on our long trip home. It really seemed that the crowds started to pick up on Wednesday (7th), and just got worse as the week wore on. Before that it was really pleasant.

dallasmomof3
06-16-2006, 10:42 AM
I am worried about our upcoming trip as well. I am hoping to get to the parks early and utilize fast pass. What worries me is when the rides indicate a 40 minute wait and then it ends up being twice as long. Why is that? I thought other posters indicated that Disney was pretty acurate about posting wait times. Any feedback on this issue? I do not want to jump in a line that indicates a 40 minute wait and it actually is 2 hours!!

Gypsysmak
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
What worries me is when the rides indicate a 40 minute wait and then it ends up being twice as long. Why is that? I thought other posters indicated that Disney was pretty acurate about posting wait times. Any feedback on this issue? I do not want to jump in a line that indicates a 40 minute wait and it actually is 2 hours!!

I think what happens with the wait times is that the posted wait will be short so everyone jumps in line. The line workers hand out time cards frequently that htey give to a person getting in line who is supposed to give it to the worker at the end of hte line to tell them them wait times. Wait...does that make sense? I dont' think I worded it right but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. :blush:

Lillabelle00
03-26-2007, 01:17 AM
HI,

I know I am late to this "party" but we were at MK last year right after Memorial Day, and right as Gay Days ended. The crowds during Gay Days were fine..no more than a 10 minute wait. However, after Gay Days ended, the crowds dramatically increased. It was unbearable, IMO, and VERY HOT.

Going back right after Memorial Day again..can't wait!!!

mouseaddict
03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
We were there last year around that time and crowds were not terrible, but definately bigger than when we went in Sept. We used the am EMH alot and basically left the parks by about noon. Spent lots of time at the hotel..DS5 loved to play in the pool and we were at AKL so he was happy to wander around and look at the animals. We ventured back tio the parks a couple of times in the evenings (not the ones with EMH) but we went knowing that we would only get on a few rides max.
I will probably never complain about crowd levels because our very first trip was in July when DS was only 18 months old..that was insane!