PDA

View Full Version : Who has had a Disneyworld Wedding?

LizLovesDiz
06-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Please tell me how cool it was!!! :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Very Cool...

Joy2theworld
06-11-2006, 03:58 PM
It was my dream come true. We had a beautiful ceremony and small reception. All the little details were taken care of and it was just a glorious day for everyone involved.

Bethanymouse
06-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Not me yet....However someday my dream will come true with a disney wedding and my handsome prince anthony. I just was posting to let you know that there was a fabulous disney wedding special on the food network last night. It was new I believe. I have never seen it, I had seen an older one but this was great. They showed three different weddings in three different locations, tons of food and lots of information about the details. Check your local information for showtimes!

mamacon67
06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Not me yet....However someday my dream will come true with a disney wedding and my handsome prince anthony. I just was posting to let you know that there was a fabulous disney wedding special on the food network last night. It was new I believe. I have never seen it, I had seen an older one but this was great. They showed three different weddings in three different locations, tons of food and lots of information about the details. Check your local information for showtimes!

I saw that, it was wonderful to see how well done the weddings are at WDW. But then again, I wouldn't expect anything less than a fairy tale. I would love to do that for DD some day, but it will be beyond my financial spectrum. They said the average Disney wedding is around $70,000. OUCH!

Bethanymouse
06-12-2006, 12:27 PM
They said the average Disney wedding is around $70,000. OUCH!
I think that you misunderstood. They said that the average wedding in the United States is 22,000 and that will get you a wedding in WDW for 100 people. The 70,000 that you are referring to was the one girls wedding. But understand she had it all:
carriage ride
major domo
huge flower arrangements in the church
huge flower arrangements in the reception
crown service
a huge cake
and a bridal tea the day before at the grand floridian
also included in that price was her rehearsal dinner
I am sure there are many more added prices also, she spared no expense with anything.

I have heard that disney weddings are no more expense than a wedding in your home town if you keep them simple- the added expense becomes the travel for you and your guests.

The one thing I did noteon the show was that when the bride and groom were dancing all of the guests were watching and taking pictures. I have been to weddings where people just talk during the dance, it just shows that the people who come to your wedding farther away really want to be there for you. It is truly beautiful.

LizLovesDiz
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I did see that special,and it was awesome!!!Thats where I got the idea to post my question.I really would like to renew my vows there,but I am wondering where in DW I would like to do that ! :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Lily
06-13-2006, 09:46 PM
My husband and I have just started talking about renewing our vows at WDW on October 26th, 2011. That will be our 20th wedding anniversary. Since we eloped, this will be our first real ceremony. It will still be small with mostly just family, but it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait!

AmBo
06-14-2006, 11:07 AM
I just saw that special last Saturday evening. What a great show! Very informative. It would be a dream come true. :cloud9:

DisneyGrrrl
06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
DH and I were just married in December of 2005 and thought about a fantasy Disney wedding, but after looking into it, we realized that the money we would spend (we paid for our wedding ourselves) could go to better things, like the expansion of our house. It would have been nice, but our wedding was perfect just the way it was. :number1:

Okay....(and not to be catty) but the girl's dress in that food network special really left something to be desired. The one where they spared no expense. Truly, my DH asked where the other part of her dress went and if it was supposed to be like that on purpose. Yikes. :thedolls:

Lily
06-14-2006, 01:12 PM
There is more information on Disney Weddings at www.disneyweddings.com. Who would have thought!? A web site just for Disney Weddings!

LizLovesDiz
06-16-2006, 01:38 AM
After looking into renewing our vows Disney style,I think we will do them home and just go on a 2nd Honeymoon there ! If my husband was a Disney freak like me,it would be a different story,but it is very expensive !

EmiB
05-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Okay....(and not to be catty) but the girl's dress in that food network special really left something to be desired. The one where they spared no expense. Truly, my DH asked where the other part of her dress went and if it was supposed to be like that on purpose. Yikes. :thedolls:

Hahaha! I totally agree...she looked like she was on a soap opera or something.

snifflesmcg
05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought "With all that money spent, she should have bought a nicer dress".

Calizone
05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
My wife and I had our wedding in Oct. 2006 at the Wedding Pavilion with the reception at the Grand Floridian. We had 55 people attend. We had a elogant wedding but not over the top. Just the right combination of things. WDW did an excellent job with all of the arrangements. We did have an occasionally issue here and there. But nothing major. Price tag was just over $30K. However, WDW says the average wedding is about $22K. The sky is the limit though. They pretty much can do anything you want. But it all comes with a price. They give to you a package of ideas and thoughts to start with the prices. And they will customize your ideas with your input. Overall, my wife and I both agree we would do it all over again. It was a unique experience that you once in a blue moon.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.