PDA

View Full Version : Department 56 "Disney Parks"

DreamFinder2
11-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Have any of you ever seen these? They were retired about 6 years ago, but I've just started noticing them on Ebay and in stores.

My Question: Are they supposed to be actual buildings in the MK? There's a "Mickey's Christmas Carol" shop, for example, that looks like it might be adjacent to Cindy's Castle (it has a blue roof). Just curious.

Thanks for any info.

imported_Melanears
11-30-2002, 11:16 PM
I have these buildings, and display them year round. I was so upset when they discontinued them. The first buildings released in 1994 were Disneyland Fire Department, Olde World Antiques Shops" (Set Of 2, Olde World Antiques I, Olde World Antiques II), Mickey's Christmas Carol (set of 2). In 1995, Tinker Bell's Treasures and the Silversmith were released. The ENTIRE series (these buildings and additional accessories) were retired in 1996. Because not as many were made of Tinkerbell's Treasures and the Silversmith, they are supposedly worth more. Not sure what happened "officially", but I heard there were creative differences between the two companies.

They are actual buildings at WDW from Fantasyland and Liberty Square (with the exception of the DL Fire Dept), although the names have changed. You are talking about Mickey's Christmas Carol, I believe. It is located in Fantasyland, but I don't believe it is adjacent to Cindy's castle. I'm not sure what it is now......hopefully someone else can come along and help. smile.gif

[ November 30, 2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Melanears ]

DreamFinder2
12-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the good info - exactly what I wanted. My parents happened across two of the buildings on a clearance shelf somewhere last weekend and picked them up for their Disney Son. Thanks.

mickeefan
12-01-2002, 03:13 PM
We also have all the buildings and accessories. Just when I had found something I wanted to collect they discontinued them. The two which were issued in 1995 were offered only at WDW for one month before they went to the public. We wanted to make sure we got ours so we called and had them shipped to us.
Mine are a permanent fixture and are displayed all the time on our mantel.

Tink1
12-02-2002, 10:07 AM
I have these too! They are up year round and some days I look at them to just "feel" the magic. The only piece I am missing is the Balloon Seller. I had it, but my sister was collecting as well, and didnt so I gave it to her. I didn't even think of Checking Ebay for it. THanks.

Wish they continued the series though.

Nanc

imported_Melanears
12-02-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm sure you could easily find it on eBay, Nanci!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

By the way,

graemlins/muscles.gif WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif

Glad to have you aboard! ;)

Tink1
12-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Thank You Melanie ,

It is nice to be here.

I will also check Ebay for another Mrs. Potts and Chip Tea set I Used to have! I got it on clearance years ago at the Disney Store for $11 and had it displayed on a corner curio.

My Dear Husband, being too lazy when setting up last years Christmas tree knocked the curio over. I lost my Tea Set, a musical Pinocchio and two snow globes.

He is still alive.

Nanc

Disney-4-Me
12-02-2002, 08:40 PM
There is also a new set of Disney Collectible buildings called Toontown Holiday. The old set looks so much better to me though than the new ones. The new buildings are all $48 each and are in the newest Disney Catalog. There are 8 buildings in all so far.

DreamFinder2
12-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Ok, so I'm addicted to these little buildings now. Since I started this strand I've increased my collection to 3 buildings the "antiques gate" and the Disney family.

Now, where will the wife let me put them???

imported_Melanears
12-11-2002, 08:23 AM
Good for you! graemlins/thumbsup.gif I hope you don't have to give too much for the Silversmith and Tinkerbell's.

mickeefan
12-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Glad you found them. Hope you find the rest. They make such a wonderful display. graemlins/clappy.gif