PDA

View Full Version : Broken Figurine-Help!!

anm8r
09-24-2002, 05:24 PM
I have a Woody porcelin/resin figurine and he came to life and jumped off my desk today. He suffered major injuries - including his head falling off clean at the neck!! I'm assuming Super Glue can do the trick but does anyone have any other suggestions??!! There is a fair size area where I can re-attach it - about the size of a dime.

[ September 24, 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: anm8r ]

Dizneyana
09-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear about Woody.. :(

I would suggest the super glue route, if you haven’t already done that.. If it’s a clean break, and you have a large surface, you might not even notice it after gluing..

I just broke off Piglets leg the other day on one of my clock figures.. graemlins/shakehead.gif A little super glue surgery and he is good as new! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

i'm grumpy
09-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Poor Woody! :( I'm always breaking figurines or buying them 50% off because they are broken. Quick tite glue works great.

Lizzy
10-01-2002, 09:56 PM
I wouldl ike to second the quick tite glue. I have had more heads fall off than I can count graemlins/blush.gif (I am a HUGE clutz) but that stuff always fixes them up almost as good as new! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

anm8r
10-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the help - I'm off to Home Depot to pick up some Quick tite!!!

Bmwdsny
10-04-2002, 11:19 AM
My 9 year old DD has collections of figurines. She has about 40 of them. One day, our cat jump on to the shelf and the shelf fell off the wall!!!! :eek: The entire figurines fell to the floor!!! :eek: Fortuanely, only 3 of it broke!!(good thing it was carpeted!!!) The Dumbo, Mickey and Ballerina Minnie. I called the Disney store and of course, they no longer sell figurines there anymore. It only sell them at parks. So i called WDW, and they told me that Dumbo is no longer available but Mickey and Ballet Minnie was. But i can send them the pieces and they will replace it. But since we were giong to WDW anyway 2 mos later, i saved it til then. Dumbo was not as bad so i use Super Glue to put his ears back on and it looked good. I saved the pieces and when we got back to Disney, i gave them the broken pieces and they replace with new ones!!!! My DD was very happy!!!!! graemlins/muscles.gif
If you have trouble putting it together, call Disney and they might help you. The only down side is that they may not have the particuliar figurine avail anymore, but they would replace it with another character. graemlins/mickey.gif