PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris

kyndallsma
11-06-2001, 08:17 PM
Who has been there? We are planning a European vacation for August 2003 and of course, we are going to spend a few days at Disneyland. I need some suggestions. How many days do we need there? And which hotel would you suggest? Thanks for your help. graemlins/mickey.gif

Fantasmic
11-07-2001, 08:46 AM
Hi. I've been to Disneyland Paris twice, both for one day, and I managed to see the park pretty well both times, if you have been to the magic kingdom you'll know what you like, some of the big attractions are different:
This is written from my memories of 1999 and 2000
Big Thunder Mountain, slightly longer, and faster, with a cool through water thing! Phantom Manor although this is all in French, the ride is better in some ways than its Orlando counterpart. It is more themed to a western style (being in frontierland) and has a COOL western town scene. The ride is slightly more macabre than the orlando one aswell. Space Mountain this is more like Rock 'n' Rollercoaster than Space Mountain! It has a launch system which the BOOM can be heard all around Discoveryland (that's Tommorowland to us MK goers) This is a great ride which has progressed from Disneyland’s Space Mountain, and it even has a loop! Pirates of the Caribbean - This is longer, better and more sophisticated than its Orlando counterpart, with better animatronics, and two small drops!

FantasylandThis is nice, and colorful! There seem to be more attractions here, and it is very easy to navigate around, there is a Pinocchio's daring adventure here too, as well as an Alice in wonderland labyrinth, although not being very taxing is GREAT fun!

StorybooklandAt least I think it's called this, this is a little section behind Fantasyland, which has the canal boat ride, taking you through all scenes of Disney movies, and this is sweet!
It also has the Casey junior train, which is a mini coaster for kids!

Discoveryland
This has Honey I shrunk the Audience, which plays in different languages different days of the week! (But don't worry, you can use headphones at the back if English isn't the language that day!!)
There is a Speedway, which is essentially the same!

Adventureland
There is a HUGE island in the middle of Adventureland, which primarily is what Adventurland is made of! It has a hook's Boat and cave, and is basically a BIG plush Tom Sawyers Island!

Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain and the Phantom Manor dominate this land, which is well themed to the mining village of Thunder Mesa

The Castle
The castle is AMAZING much more delicate and prettier than the one in Orlando, being pink blue and gold, a real fairytale castle!

I hope this is of help to you !

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Fantasmic ]</p>

Nana
11-07-2001, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the review Amy. My son is trying to go there next year. And one day I too would love to go. regular_smile.gif

MickeyUK
11-07-2001, 01:39 PM
Fantasmic's reply pretty much said it all about the park - it's a woderful place and probably the most beautifully themed of all the 'Magic Kingdom's'.

As for the hotels, well, like WDW it very much depends on your budget...

Disneyland Hotel - beautifully decorated in a Victorian style - think the Grand Floridian, but very, very expensive

New York Hotel - modern, themed to the Big Apple, wouldn't be my first choice

Newport Bay - nautical theme, think the Yaught and Beach Clubs, very nice

Sequioa Lodge - I stayed here in 1998 and it is a georgeous hotel, think Wilderness Lodge

Hotel Cheyenne - western theme, facilities similar to the All Stars

Hotel Santa Fe - a western/Tex-Mex kind of feel, also has facilities similar to the All Stars

Davy Crockett Ranch - you have to have a car at this one, it's about 15 minutes drive from the parks, accomadation is log cabins similar to Fort Wilderness

Hope this helps, I think that you get the best value at the Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay and they are much closer to the park than the Cheyenne and Santa Fe.
graemlins/mickey.gif

Also, don't forget that the Disney Studio's opens at DLP next year so should be fully up and running by the time you go.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: MickeyUK ]</p>

Nicola Ross
11-07-2001, 02:33 PM
I would be cool to go next year, as Disney Studios opens in the Spring, I think it is 12th April 2002. This is the eqivalant (sp?) on MGM studios.

I would really like to go as the Studios is my fave park!

Nicola

Fantasmic
11-08-2001, 07:52 AM
I think a trip to DLP is in order for 2002 graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

MKPlutoGuy
11-08-2001, 02:52 PM
kewl...i noticed it gets awfully chilly in paris...in the parade pics ive seen, the performers are often wearing much different costumes ie jasmine has an overcoat, ariel has a flesh tone shirt with sea shells embroided in it etc.

Mickey.nl
11-10-2001, 12:48 PM
Hello,

Nice you will come to Europe, France. I've been in Disneyland a few times because I live in Europe, The Netherlands, so mabey I can give you some tips. Please wait with visiting Disneyland, because we're about to open a brand new themepark in the resort, The Walt Disney Studios Paris. It's like the MGM Studios in Orlando. I hope you have a great time in Europe. (and come visit The Netherlands!)

EvaBryan
11-10-2001, 02:43 PM
Thanks for all of this great information!

The last time I was in France my travel partner told me he hated Disney and did not want to go. I was tempted to go by myself but I was kind of broke and a little scared of trying to go by myself.

My husband and I have tentative plans to visit DLP at the end of 2002. I would love to hear more opinions about it - we would love to see it decked out for Christmas.

Eva graemlins/mickey.gif

pluto
11-17-2001, 06:50 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
kewl...i noticed it gets awfully chilly in paris...in the parade pics ive seen, the performers are often wearing much different costumes ie jasmine has an overcoat, ariel has a flesh tone shirt with sea shells embroided in it etc.<hr></blockquote>

you are real right it dose get very cold as you know i live in the uk and at the moment it is -1ºc
not much difrent in paris
bye 4 now

Jared
11-17-2001, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know what the Disney Studios Paris is going to be like? graemlins/mickey.gif

MKPlutoGuy
11-17-2001, 08:43 AM
smile.gif

MKPlutoGuy
11-17-2001, 08:25 PM
Ummm, I'm not sure about the signs and such, but the audio seems to be a mix of french and english so i think you'll be ok....

Zebra
11-18-2001, 09:51 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
in the parade pics ive seen, the performers are often wearing much different costumes ie jasmine has an overcoat, ariel has a flesh tone shirt with sea shells embroided in it etc.<hr></blockquote>

They wear those here when it gets cold, too.

Nicola Ross
11-18-2001, 04:38 PM
In the papers today it said that disney Studios will be opening early. it was due to open on 12th April 2002, but will now open on 16th March 2002. Apparently the building work has been going so well that the park will be ready early.

I would really like to go, I love MGM and would like to see how this park compares. Check out the website, this gives good ideas of what is due to be there.

Nicola

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: Nicola Ross ]</p>

Nana
11-19-2001, 07:26 AM
Thank you for all the information. It sounds wonderful. And you get to visit Paris, too.
Cool!!