PDA

View Full Version : When to go to WDW.

dwdart
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
if you were going to pick the perfect time to go to WDW when would you go. graemlins/mickey.gif

david

bjlaac
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
We have been there in February, May, June, July, September, October, November and December. Depending on what you want to see and do determines when you should go.

First of all, the summer months from June through August, the parks are hot and crowded. However, they are opened the longest/latest and its the best time for taking advantage of the pools and water parks.

November through December is cool (by FL standards) but its the best time for holiday parades and decorations. It may br too cool to swim or go to the water parks.

January through March has cold evenings on occassions (30's) an you probably won't go swimming.

We find May and October the best weather months, usually in the 80's and 90's allowing you to do everything. There's not many special events, except perhaps the Halloween parade.

September is less crowded but its huricane season.

We prefer October or May because almost everthing is available.

Hope this helps.

decowoman
06-15-2005, 05:02 PM
For me the question would be "when isn't it a good time to go to Disney" graemlins/silly.gif I can think of a reason for every day, month and season to be there graemlins/blush.gif

I guess if I had to choose one time that might be my least favorite time to go,would be in the middle of the summer. The heat and humidity is about the only thing that I wouldn't want to deal with.

[ June 15, 2005, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: decowoman ]

Disney Donnie
06-15-2005, 05:03 PM
We love to go in the last half of September or any of October.End of January is nice if you like the cooler evenings. graemlins/muscles.gif

PrinceCharming13
06-15-2005, 06:43 PM
mid-January

dwdart
06-15-2005, 07:50 PM
we have been to WDW only twice and we have always gone in the summer time.
when our children are out of school.
i really don't mind this time of year because our weather here is just like florida. HOT and Humid.
but, i have been thinking i would like to go when the crowds are a little less and the weather a little cooler.

october sounds like a good time to go because it's not to hot and not to cold.
i wouldn't want to miss out on some pool time. :D

if you were to go in october, would the crowds be less in early or late october?

i think i would really like christmas time but i here it gets packed and i don't think we would be doing much pool time. just a bit nippy.
i guess we could do with out the pool and enjoy the time we spend together.

the more i sit and think about it, i don't care when we go i just want to go. lol

thanks for the replys and please keep them coming. graemlins/mickey.gif

david

faline
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
My favorite time to visit Disney World is early December when the holiday decorations are up.

After that, I'd have to pick May or September as my favorite times to go.

dwdart
06-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by faline:
My favorite time to visit Disney World is early December when the holiday decorations are up. how early in december do they have decorations up?

i know we would really enjoy all the christmas decorations.
are there any things we would miss out on going this time of year.

david

Beast_fanatic
06-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Decorations are completely up prior to Thanksgiving, but they don't light them up (other than for testing) until the day after Thanksgiving.

faline
06-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by dwdart:
[/qb]are there any things we would miss out on going this time of year.
david [/QB][/QUOTE]

There are so many special holiday happenings at this time of year, you actually get more than usual rather than missing out on things. Offerings include Mickety's Very Merry Christmas Party; tree lighting ceremonies; Candlelight Processional; Santa Claus; and Osborne Lights.

Here's more:

Christmas at Disney (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp)

Marilyn Michetti
06-16-2005, 07:38 AM
We go sometime in the first two weeks of Dec. True, the parks aren't open as long, but without the crowds, we still do everything almost as many times as we want.
It is cooler, (sometimes cold), but that beats heat and humidity anyday.
The resort pools are heated, and the water parks are open. The daytime temps are high 70's to 80's. That's not an issue with us, because in Arizona, we can swim 8 months out of the year.
The Christmas activities at Disney are phenominal, and there are way more seasonal special events.
I LOVE Disney at Christmas. graemlins/mickeysanta.gif

AmyKane
06-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Right after Thanksgiving is probably my ultimate favorite time to go. I love Disney World during the holidays. It is even more magical.
My next best favorite time to go would be May. The weather is great and the crowds are ok.

5 Mousekteers
06-16-2005, 10:59 AM
November is our favorite time to go. The parks and resorts are decorated for the holidays, the weather is a bit cooler and the crowds are a lot less. graemlins/mickey.gif

mediagirl3000
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Surprisingly enough, we've gone twice during 4th of July week and it wasn't crowded at all until the actuall day of the 4th and that weekend. So if you go the week before and jet out on the 3rd or so, it is not so crowded and not incredibly hot. We were very pleasantly surprised - we expected the worst. Due to our vocations, there are only a certain times of the year that we can vacation...

I have been there in October too and it is a great time to go!

dwdart
06-16-2005, 01:07 PM
you all are getting me to thinking!!!! graemlins/mickey.gif

WDW in the Holiday season, now that is really sounding like something we would enjoy. graemlins/mickeysanta.gif

david

Stickey
06-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Early to mid December is a great time. Mickey's Christmas Party, Candlelight Procession, Osborne lights, Christmas decorations, and moderate crowds are strong factors.

tyandskyesmom
06-16-2005, 03:51 PM
I think all of us Christmastime people better quit promoting that time of the year or it'll get so croweded it won't be our time anymore!

But really, the week after Thanksgiving is the best time! Almost no wait for anything, still warm enough to swim (usually)yet not unbarably hot and humid. And oh, the decorations!

But don't go then...it leaves more for me and my family!

dwdart
06-16-2005, 10:48 PM
OK!!!! i'm looking at flights now. graemlins/crazy.gif

DW might not like me looking already. we were thinking about next year.
all though, december is almost like next year. RIGHT!!! :D

i just knew this post was going to get me started. graemlins/mickey.gif

david

Disney-4-Me
06-17-2005, 12:11 AM
We have been in April, August and October. I love going in October because I love going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! :D

Marilyn Michetti
06-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm also thinking that maybe we're "talking up" early Dec. Pretty soon, it will be THE time to go, and all our wonderful crowdless, lineless, times will be over.

I say, Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! graemlins/mickeysanta.gif

Sinewiz
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
First week of February. Very comfortable temps for walking around the parks, though sometimes a little cool for swimming. Also the crowds are very minimal. Don't tell anyone though, this is just between you and me. :D

dwdart
06-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Sinewiz:
First week of February. Very comfortable temps for walking around the parks, though sometimes a little cool for swimming. Also the crowds are very minimal. Don't tell anyone though, this is just between you and me. :D thanks for that bit of info.
i will do my best to keep it quite. ;)

the thing i love about this board is how it gives you that little feel of being at WDW.
you read all the different post about so many different things and you just get that little magical feeling.
i'm sure i'm not the only one that feels that way.

Hats off to the folks at INTERCOT. you guys and gals do a super job.

thanks for the Magic. graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

david

markatdisney
06-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Out of nine trips the last eight have been in September. We love September. The weather is still summertime hot but the crowds are low. The only thing you have to watch for is Hurricanes. Last September we slid in between Hurrican Ivan and Hurricane Jeanne and had our best trip yet! If you go in September you should always plan on there being a day or two of rain (if you stay a week).