PDA

View Full Version : Disney E-mail

N2DisneyWorld
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I just got an e-mail from Disney.

5 nights at a value resort /6 days theme park admission with the dining plan added on for free ($425.00 per person for package). It is available for August 21 - October 4, 2005.

I hope that Disney puts a package like that out in November.

adamsfam
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
We got the same email - what a great deal! We leave tomorrow night for our Disney vacation - maybe we'll be able to pass this one along to another family member though!! graemlins/mickey.gif

Beast_fanatic
05-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by adamsfam:
maybe we'll be able to pass this one along to another family member though!! graemlins/mickey.gif In general, these offers are non-transferable.

winky
05-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I got the same email. I wonder if it would have been available at Deluxe resorts also. Really the discount is on the dining plan, not the room, so I don't see why it would be restricted to Value resorts only.

Unfortunately, the dates don't work for us, if anybody is able to use it let us know what the reservation agents tells you!

DisneyDudet
05-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Disney never sends me offers. I did get one for Disneyland, me thinks. Its for the Good Neighbor Magic Package. I dunno if we can use it, but its $229.

Packages available from $229* per person for 2 adults/2 nights, double occupancy at the Jolly Roger Hotel or the Red Roof Inn Anaheim Maingate during Value Season: April 10, 2005 - July 2, 2005. Here's what it is.

Accommodations at a conveniently located Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel
Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket, valid for same day entry into both Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park
New! One Early Entry into Fantasyland in Disneyland park with a Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket.
$10 ESPN Zone Arena Game Card with a Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket
New! Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness
Preferred Seating to select shows in Disney's California Adventure™ park.
EXCLUSIVE! WDTC Collectible Pin & Lanyard
EXCLUSIVE! WDTC Luggage Tag
EXCLUSIVE! WDTC California Fun Book

DisneyOrlando
05-04-2005, 12:16 AM
I've been a member of the DisneyWorld website for 4 years and have never gotten any offers. Is there another membership I need to join? We are planning to go within the same dates but next year, hopefully they'll send me something!! Would anyone mind forwarding one of their Disney email offers to me so I can read the fine print? Thanks in advance!! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

MauiMouse
05-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Beast_fanatic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by adamsfam:
maybe we'll be able to pass this one along to another family member though!! graemlins/mickey.gif In general, these offers are non-transferable. </font>[/QUOTE]I got the email and it states:

Offer is non-transferable

Ian
05-04-2005, 09:36 AM
This is a great deal ... I already have other trips planned or I would SERIOUSLY consider taking advantage of it!

adamsfam
05-04-2005, 10:13 AM
You are all right - the offer is non-transferable. My parents called last night and tried to book the package and were told it's a no-go for them. The agent was very kind and gave them another package with basically the same thing, only one night less (still included the free dining plan).

We leave tonight for Disney; this is the first email that I've gotten from them and I've been signed up on their internet site for a long while. I called Monday to request a particular building for our trip and the cm asked for our email address. We got the offer the next day. graemlins/crazy.gif

belbook
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I got the e-mail and get to use it. Our trip was already scheduled for 9/26 - 10/4 so it worked out great for us. graemlins/clappy.gif

TCLites
05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
I have been a registered member on the Disney Website for over 10 years. We belonged to the Disney Club (Gold Club initially) have made many trips, had AP's at both parks, subscribe to Disney Mag, have the Disney VISA, and now own DVC. We have never recieved any of these offers :mad: Guess they figure they are going to get my money anyway - and ultimately, they are right.

N2DisneyWorld
05-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I have been registered for a while too. I never received e-mails until I updated my profile. I do that every once in a while and I seem to get an e-mail. Try updating your profile. When you get on the Disney website, make sure you log in to the site before you browse. Maybe that will help too. graemlins/mickey.gif

Noah's Helper
05-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I have received a couple of e-mail offers in the past, but I did not receive this one. I'm glad, too -- I can't use this one, and just maybe I'll get the next one and it will be valid for our upcoming trip. :D

LorrieP
05-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I checked my email last night and I received this offer as well. I'm so bummed, I wanted to wait until September to go this year and DH wanted to go sooner!!

Oh well!!

COmomof2
05-06-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm so mad at my DH! I got this email, with the fall offer, and he deleted it before I could research the dates, etc.

Does anyone know if the code on the email is unique to each person they send it to? I wonder if I called Disney in the morning if they could find it with my email address. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks!

hanned
05-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Just got off the phone with a cm, she knew nothing about it and said unless I had a code she could not help me. I asked her how Disney decides who receives email offers and again she knew nothing of their marketing scheme.
Does anyone have a code? Maybe I can get a similar offer...here's hoping...

Beast_fanatic
05-06-2005, 11:28 AM
The code is specific to the person. They should be able to pull it up for you (they've been able to in the past).

These codes cannot be shared.

momof2tinks
05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Even if you have not received an email or postcard with code and PIN, don't give up! I called reservations about 3 weeks ago and asked if maybe there was a code and pin that I missed in my email (due to spam etc.) and she was able to find us a rate at POR for $79/night in June!

QTPie68
05-08-2005, 01:29 AM
We got this e-mail too. This is the second e-mail we have gotten with good deals, we also received one last year (around this time) for a deep discounted room-only discount, good for September.

We had planned on going in October, but then cancelled thinking we couldn't pull it together money-wise, but haha on us......sneaky WDW sent us the e-mail and my wonderful father-in-law is tranferring his frequent flyer miles and it looks like if I save up - we will be going!! graemlins/clappy.gif

TiaLuvsDisney
05-09-2005, 02:08 PM
This might sound like a silly question... but here goes...

I got this email also, and would love to take advantage of it. But I wondered, when booking packages (certainly packages this cheap), do you put down a deposit, or pay the full balance?? My mom has always used a travel agent to make our arrangements, so I've never had to do it myself (and this would be my first time making vacation arrangements all by myself... like a real grown-up! :D )The answer to that question will determine my ability to take advantage of this. If I don't have to pay the whole thing right away, then it will work for me, but, if I must pay the entire balance, then it might be a problem. I will have to figure out some "creative budgeting" tactics, I suppose. But, it's just too wonderful a deal to pass up. Thanks in advance to anyone who may have an answer to this question. graemlins/clappy.gif

Beast_fanatic
05-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by TiaLuvsDisney:
This might sound like a silly question... but here goes...

I got this email also, and would love to take advantage of it. But I wondered, when booking packages (certainly packages this cheap), do you put down a deposit, or pay the full balance?? My mom has always used a travel agent to make our arrangements, so I've never had to do it myself (and this would be my first time making vacation arrangements all by myself... like a real grown-up! :D )The answer to that question will determine my ability to take advantage of this. If I don't have to pay the whole thing right away, then it will work for me, but, if I must pay the entire balance, then it might be a problem. I will have to figure out some "creative budgeting" tactics, I suppose. But, it's just too wonderful a deal to pass up. Thanks in advance to anyone who may have an answer to this question. graemlins/clappy.gif You put down a deposit. With packages, the balance is due 45 days prior to check-in.

lisatradingspaces
05-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I didn't get an email either so I went to look at my profile on Disney World's website to make sure it is my main email address and I noticed there is box to check if you would like special offers sent to you. My box was not checked! It is now!!!! I missed out on that offer and those are the dates we are going. :-( Maybe they will send it to me still? LOL

Lisa

TiaLuvsDisney
05-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Beast_fanatic:
You put down a deposit. With packages, the balance is due 45 days prior to check-in. graemlins/clappy.gif YOU... HAVE... JUST... MADE... MY... DAY!!!!! graemlins/clappy.gif THANKS!!! graemlins/mickey.gif

QTPie68
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TiaLuvsDisney:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Beast_fanatic:
You put down a deposit. With packages, the balance is due 45 days prior to check-in. graemlins/clappy.gif YOU... HAVE... JUST... MADE... MY... DAY!!!!! graemlins/clappy.gif THANKS!!! graemlins/mickey.gif </font>[/QUOTE]FYI.....I did a 4 night/3 day MYW and the deposit was $200 (due in 14 days) and the balance due at 45 days prior.

Good Luck!!!

Beast_fanatic
05-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by lisatradingspaces:
I didn't get an email either so I went to look at my profile on Disney World's website to make sure it is my main email address and I noticed there is box to check if you would like special offers sent to you. My box was not checked! It is now!!!! I missed out on that offer and those are the dates we are going. :-( Maybe they will send it to me still? LOL

Lisa My box has been checked all along, and I didn't receive the offer either.

DisneyDudet
05-10-2005, 05:05 PM
how do i update my password??