PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party???Is it worth the$$

mommyfor4
01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
We are going the last week of October and were wondering what is involved with the Halloween Party? There will be 8 kids ages 1- 13 and I thought this may be a fun thing to do?

faline
01-21-2005, 06:14 AM
I've never been but look forward to attending at some point!
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp) some general information on the party.

DizneyRox
01-21-2005, 07:53 AM
I thought the MNSSHP is better than the MVMCP. I love being at Disney for Christmas, but the atmosphere at Halloween was fantastic. We were there on Halloween and thought it was a blast.

Basically they are the same, free family pictures, instead of Hot Chcolate and Cookies you get trick or treat candy, special parades, yuada yada yada, but I liked the general atmosphere better. Hard to say what is missing at Christmas over the Halloween party.

JWDisneyFan
01-21-2005, 08:44 AM
We attended to the halloween party for the first time last October and now it is a not-to-be-missed event for us. It was so incredible, I can't even begin to describe the atmosphere. The parade and fireworks were great, plus the trick or treating and all the characters that were out. Our 2 year old loved it. We are definitely going to be doing this for years to come!

Kristen

TheMartellFamily
01-21-2005, 02:49 PM
well for us it is a not to be missed thing when we are there if it is on during the time we are there. we feel that is well worth it and what is better than trick or treating in the MK. lots of things for the kids to do and most of the rides are open. this is a not to be missed if you have the option to go then by all means do not miss it.

DVC2004
01-21-2005, 03:01 PM
I highly reccomend it! There's a parade that kicks off with the Headless Horseman riding past on a real horse, fireworks, trick-or-treating, children's activities, storytelling, and of course MK rides with little or no wait! It really is great- you won't be sorry!

CaptSmee
01-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by DizneyRox:
I thought the MNSSHP is better than the MVMCP. I love being at Disney for Christmas, but the atmosphere at Halloween was fantastic. We were there on Halloween and thought it was a blast. I also enjoyed the Halloween party more than the X-mas party. The park looked awesome!

SurferStitch
01-21-2005, 04:30 PM
We went on Halloween night this past year, and it was awesome! We had a blast. It's definitely worth the money to go. The parade is great, and it's really fun to have your picture taken with the characters in their own Halloween costumes.

mommyfor4
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Okay, now you've got me REALLY excited!! The kids are going to have a blast. When do the tickets go on sale? and is it hard to get tickets? Thanks for all of your wonderful input! graemlins/muscles.gif

tigger11
01-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I went last year and the tickets for Halloween nite sold out by the end of August or end of September, I forget. So be sure to get tickets early.

ccnykamp
01-22-2005, 07:01 PM
We were at WDW last Oct. for 8 days. The Halloween party was absolutely the best part of our trip. We went on a Wed. and loved it so much we went again on Friday. We wish we could have gone again.

One thing we loved was having the park to ourselves. Friday was kind of busy, but Wednesday the park was a "ghost town." (pun intended). We got to the park around 7pm. By 11:30 pm we had literally been on every ride in the park we wanted to except for one.

It was awesome!

ElenitaB
01-22-2005, 08:12 PM
We went two years ago on Halloween night and had a blast! I'm looking forward to planning another Halloween trip but it probably won't be until DS's closes again for a conference that apparently happens only every three years.

It was loads of fun, the parade was great, fireworks unfortunately didn't work that night... we particularly enjoyed the party/parade offered over in Tomorrowland.

2NfinitE&B-ond
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm working on planning an October trip for 2006 with MJ. (I wanted to do it for this year, but we are going in Feb and it will be our second trip in 6 months.) I can't wait!!!

How far in advance do they sell the MNNSHP tickets??

joelkfla
01-23-2005, 12:33 PM
I think they go on sale around May. But you should have no problem getting tickets unless you're planning on a weeknd night or the last few nights before Halloween, as those are usually the only nights that sell out. And even those don't sell out until a month or so before, execpt perhaps Halloween night.