PDA

View Full Version : Water Mice

qv09vvp67
03-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Where is the best place to rent these?

I've seen that they are about 20-25 dollars per 1/2 hour.
For those of you that have tried them...do they fit 1 or 2 people. How about a parent & a child? Does it cost extra? Can you reserve them ahead of time? Any informtion at all would be appreciated. :confused: thanks

Chrisx2
03-05-2005, 08:47 PM
We love renting them! Not sure about an age limit but I have seen many parents zipping around with their child in the boat. There is a weight limit. I believe it is 300 but I can't be certain about that. We rented them from the WL when we stayed there. We have also rented them from the Polynesian. They are a lot of fun. I think you can rent them at DD as well but, in my opinion, it's more fun to zip around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Have fun! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Disdude
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
We've rented them just about everywhere and enjoyed them at DD the most. A lot more to see there than at the resorts.

I believe the weight limit Christina mentioned is accurate. if you can fit 2 in under that limit you should be okay.

marylayson
03-06-2005, 01:38 AM
My DH rented one with our older 4 y/o DS at FW. We considered having me do the same with our 2 y/o, but we decided that we didn't want to risk him diving out while I was concentrating on driving. There was no rule against it, just common sense, with our child. You could only have two people max on the water mice.

faline
03-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/recreation/boating.asp) some general information on boating at Disney.

Two people can fit in one of these boats. Parent/child combinations are very common. It doesn't cost extra to have the additional person on the boat.

I've never made a reservation. Just headed over to the marina of my choice and rented one.

candaceB
03-06-2005, 06:37 PM
We've rented them at the poly, contemporary, GF, & the boardwalk. It's deffintly alot more fun on the 7 seas lagoon and Bay Lake b/c it's so much bigger than the Boardwalke lagoon. When i just recently was there over the summer they changed from mice to sea raycer which ment i had to ride with a parent b/c im only 15 and dont have a licence yet graemlins/crying.gif , so that was deffintly a bummer. Does anyone know where they still cary the water mice instead of the sea raycer? :confused:

Momof2boys
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
We rented them at the GF and had a blast ! The weight limit is 300 - I rode with my DS3 and he loved it -- there's a lot of territory to explore ! No reservations needed.

goofy for pluto
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
We have never rented Water Mice either. But it sounds fun!
I do not think I am going to have time to do all of the new things that I want to do on this trip! :eek: