PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Adventure??

cckelly
03-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Have any of your children done the Pirate Adventure Treasure Hunt out of the Grand Floridian Marina?

If so, how did your kids like it? Is it worth it? Thanks.

hicimo
03-05-2005, 10:16 AM
DS6 did this program last year and he LOVED it! All the kids put on life jackets and left the marina on a pontoon boat (we were given a pager in case of any problems). Then they "sailed" off to find their treasure. They came back singing and he didn't want to leave! I highly suggest anyone to do this if possible. BTW, when he went it was raining...I guess they don't cancel unless it is storming (call ahead to the marina to make sure the ship is sailing!).

cckelly
03-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks so much! I had never heard anyone talk about this, so I wanted to hear from someone who had done it.

I can't wait to surprise my kids with it!

;)

bartman539
03-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Ive got two(ds6 & dd4) booked on theApril 13th cruise. I dont know whos more excited me or them! It sounds like a lot of fun to be had.Look for our trip reportafter 4-16 as I as well couldnt get enough info before our trip! graemlins/crazy.gif

iheartdisney
03-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Do you have to be a guest at GF to participate?

Beast_fanatic
03-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by iheartdisney:
Do you have to be a guest at GF to participate? Nope. Here's information from info central on the special children's activities (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp) that may help answer additional questions.

KylesMom
03-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Our DS, also 6 last year, had the time of his life. He still talks about his adventure, and I'm getting my fast fingers ready to book his second cruise in June. Not to be missed IMO! graemlins/mickey.gif

cckelly
03-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Oooooooh...now I AM getting sooo excited for them!! It will be a surprise. My DS-6 and my DD-4 will have so much fun together with this, I'm sure. My DH and I will have a leisurely breakfast at the GF Cafe and then take a nice stroll around.
Thanks for the positive feedback!
graemlins/notworthy.gif

Momof2boys
03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Another vote for the Pirate Adventure. Our DS6 did it last June & he had a wonderful time. The parents get a pager so you can be easily reached. While he was gone, DH, DS3 and I had breakfast at the GF and then rented water mice. It was really fun ! And they get to keep the really adorable Mickey pirate ears. I'm sure they'll love it.

dizfanforever
03-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I've been thinking about this for my DSs (7 and 4). Is it really hard to get a reservation? I know they would love it and I would like to surprise them. Which number do you call to reserve?
Thanks in advance!

KylesMom
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Call the standard dining line - they'll be able to help you. Since I've only tried once, I'm not certain how difficult it is to repeatedly get reservations. I would guess that if you call first thing you shouldn't have a problem. graemlins/mickey.gif