PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Excursions - help?

ETicket Ride
03-13-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm thinking of taking my 7 year old DS on a fishing trip. He just wants to go for fun, but I want to get some good bass fishing in. That said, does anyone have recommendations of which of the 3 lakes I should go on. The options are the lake at Downtown Disney - Epcot - Bay lake. I'm assuming Bay Lake would be the best. But one concren I have is that I am staying at the CBR and would have to travel to one of the departing locations before 7:00 AM.

Any thoughts?

[ March 13, 2005, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: ETicket Ride ]

Tink1
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
My husband and sons did the fishing excursion at Bay Lake. We were staying at AllStar Sports at the time, but we had a rental car for getting to the Contemporary so that part was easy.

The fishing excursion is catch and release, but they loved it. The bass were huge! The boat captain had a polaroid camera and took pictures with their catch before they released. They had such a good time, they did it again later that week. (luckily we were on a plan that included it!)

My husband wants to do it again.

Nanc

Tink1
03-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Oops, forgot to add:

The Crescent lake excursion used to go into Epcot to fish during the early morning one. I think it would be so cool to see World Showcase from the center of the lake, and just think of the photo opportunities. If he ever does that one, I am going to be on that boat!

Nanc