PDA

View Full Version : Wonderland Tea Party or Grand Adventures in Cooking?

wonders10
03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi!

I'm thinking of having my 4yr old niece try one of the children's activities offered at the GF - Grand Adventures in Cooking (looked so fun on the food channel special) or the Wonderland Tea Party. Does any one have any first hand experience with either of these activities?

Thanks! Our trip is April 21-24 - will it be difficult to get a reservation about now?

*Shannon

d_m_n_n
03-14-2005, 08:31 PM
DS did the Grand Adventures in Cooking when he was 3 and had a wonderful time. When we picked him up, he was chatting about what they did and the story and etc. etc. etc. I was a little nervous sending him in alone, but Chef Drew (I think was his name) was so wonderful with him. It was so cute watching them hand out their "goodies" to guests in the lobby. smile.gif

threeh
03-14-2005, 09:49 PM
my two older kids, 7 and 4 went to the alice tea party and really enjoyed it. ( it was actually juice, as my disapointed tea drinking 7 yr old told me) but they had a blast. the kids stay at 1900 park fair and you come pick them up in an hour (they give you a beeper) alice comes to the party and the mad hatter who is really silly. the characters both took a polaroid picture with each child and signed autographs. we are going again this fall and will do it again, they really enjoyed it!!

happy planning!!
tracy

wonders10
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks! Both activities just sound so much fun - it's really hard to decide.

For those of you that did the Grand Adventures in Cooking - what did your children make? Is it the same thing all the time or do they change it up?

For those that did the Tea party - was there any kind of dress code? I'm sure not a posted one, but did you dress your girls up in cute dresses or anything? I'm only asking b/c we'll probably be at a park before the party and my neice can sweat with the best of them LOL. Just wondering how much spiffing up we'll have to do.

Thanks again!
*Shannon

disneymomof1
03-15-2005, 01:19 PM
My daughter is 5 and is doing the Tea on April 21. I just made the reservation and there are still spots open for that day. graemlins/mickey.gif

wonders10
03-15-2005, 01:22 PM
That's sp funny momof1 - that is the day we arrive. We'd probably be there in time to do it but I think I'd rather have her do her activity on Friday - hopefully there are still spots open. Thanks!

*Shannon

wonders10
03-15-2005, 07:26 PM
I finally decided on the Grand Adventures of Cooking but it was booked (figures) so I opted to do the Wonderland Tea Party on Friday April 22. Hope my niece enjoys it!

*Shannon

Through the looking Glass
03-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Daughter had a blast at the tea party. The 'NO PEEKING' shouts were very cute and she want to do it again this trip. It gave us a very nice relaxing lunch.

jerseygirl66
03-17-2005, 04:20 PM
DS will be 5 and DD 3 when we go in October. Is the Wonderland Tea Party mostly for girls or would boys be there too? DS would like the pirate trip but DD is too young and I'd like them to do something together so they have each other.Either the GA in cooking or the Wonderland Tea Party sound like fun.

wonders10
03-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Not speaking from experience since I've never been but I would choose GA in Cooking for your kids. I remember watching it on the Food Channel and I saw both boys and girls. I'm sure there are boys that attend the tea but it does seem like a more girly activity. Have fun!

*Shannon

Beast_fanatic
03-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Here's a previous report on a boy at the Tea Party:

Originally posted by lkulish:
My son was 5 & 6 for our two trips and loved all three. The pirate cruise was a big hit with the treasure hunt. The smile on his face as he passed out his creation from cooking was priceless. He bonded with the Mad Hatter at the Tea Party. We had breakfast at The GF that morning and the Mad Hatter told him he would look for him. I also called to find out how many boys were attending, and there were quite a few. You can't go wrong with any of them!

lkulish
03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
My son was 5 and 6 when we went to WDW and he did both. I talked to The Mad Hatter during a character breakfast the morning of the Tea Party. He made plans with my son to meet at the Tea Party and throw grapes at Alice. He had a great time! He also loves to cook and was very proud of his Dirt Pudding complete with gummy worms. He decorated a chef's hat and apron which he still shows off. They're both great!

jerseygirl66
03-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the responses. I hadn't even thought about doing one or both of these, but they both sound like fun and will add them to the agenda.

threeh
03-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by jerseygirl66:
DS will be 5 and DD 3 when we go in October. Is the Wonderland Tea Party mostly for girls or would boys be there too? DS would like the pirate trip but DD is too young and I'd like them to do something together so they have each other.Either the GA in cooking or the Wonderland Tea Party sound like fun. my ds 7 went and he really had fun. The mad hatter comes and jokes around and he just really enjoyed it. He says he'll only go this time if he can really have tea (not juice)

have fun
tracy