PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Week?

ktmouse
03-27-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm planning a big family vacation November 4-14, and I recently read something about Jersey Week. Has anyone been to Disney during that time? Do you know if it is more crowded than usual? Does it negatively affects the crowds during that time? I'm taking extended family members for their first trip and I'm worried that what I thought may be a good time to go will end up being a crowded time. Any thoughts or comments would be great! :rolleyes:

Jeffp123
03-28-2005, 03:39 AM
"Jersey Week" is usually the second week in Nov. The NJEA (Teachers Union) has there annual convention and all public schools are closed thurs and friday, this year i think they had off monday for veterans day too. So many people head to disney. I have not been during this week but know people who have, it is busy but not summertime busy.

Jeff

NJDad
03-28-2005, 06:30 AM
I've been on Jersey week (weekend, actually, for most of us). When it coincided with Super Soap Weekend AND Veteran's Day it did seem more crowded than you would like in November. Hard to know how many were there for exactly what reason. If you could avoid NJ weekend and Super Soaps you're probably better off.

Still doesn't approach big holiday crowds.

cherylclt
03-28-2005, 06:49 AM
NJ schools are closed Thurs. & Fri., Nov. 10 & 11, 2005 for the teacher convention. I'm from NJ and I can tell you that A LOT of people take the opportunity of the 4 day weekend and head to Disney.

We were there in '04, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday ending Jersey week. I was thinking that Sunday might be crowded but everyone would be heading back home on Sunday. Boy was I wrong. I've never seen it so packed as it was those 3 days we were there. It was worse at that time then it was in March of '04.

I was told though that it could have been overflow from the people who had to cancel due to the hurricans. The CM's also couldn't believe how crowded it was for that time of year so I don't know if it was due to Jersey week or Hurricane season overflow.

Spaceship Tigger
03-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by cherylclt:
I was told though that it could have been overflow from the people who had to cancel due to the hurricans. The CM's also couldn't believe how crowded it was for that time of year so I don't know if it was due to Jersey week or Hurricane season overflow. We were there at this same week last year. I believe the increased crowds were due to the reschedules from the hurricanes. WL was booked solid and they told us that this was the reason.

I wouldn't think that one state having a couple of days off would have too much impact on WDW.

jsme
03-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Jersey week from what I have heard is suppose to be a big thing for WDW. From my understanding the schools are closed and many people come down in November from NJ.

We were there this past year during this weekend. We had no clue that the weekend I was down to visit my DH that this was going on. I can not compare this weekend to another in November because this was the first time I was down during this time. I can say that it was busy but NOTHING compared to the Christmas, spring break or summer. We did not wait more than 30 minutes for any ride. I remember at the Tower of Terror some people came back with a fast pass and could not believe there was no line.

I can say that with out a doubt a lot of people from NJ was there though. I asked several people where they were from and more than half were from NJ.

crazy4dizney
03-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I was at Disney end of OCT/ early Nov '04 the parks were soooooo packed! I've never seen the crowds like that before. I was on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and even the cm's were commenting on how crowded the park was! She said it like mid-summer crowds. We couldn't keep up w/ our tour guide, it was too crowded! :eek: