PDA

View Full Version : Digital prints

iluvmickey
01-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Hello. We just bought our first digital camera and I was wondering if anyone has used the service at Disney where they download your pictures to Cd? What does it cost and how many pictures can the cd hold? Thanks in advance. graemlins/mickey.gif

Lynn J Mc
01-04-2005, 07:50 AM
I looked into it when we where there in September. It is about $15.00 and takes up a bit of time. I would suggest you buy an extra card.

DizneyRox
01-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Not to mention the machine alters the pictures to make them "better" which is a relative term. The pictures you take may not be the pictures that end up on that CD. I had several of my pictures "enhanced" which I didn't appreciate. Thank goodness I didn't erase the card before I checked.

Strmchsr
01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
If you have the option, take (even if you have to borrow one) a laptop and download your pics there each night. I did that, then burned the pics to CD and printed them at Sam's Club. Another option is to purchase one of those portable docking stations and printers. I hear they work pretty well and you get instand gratification.

Mom2Princess'
01-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I would buy an extra card. THey are realitively inexpensive now AND it is yours to use over and over again. Unlike a CD that you pay $15 for and does you no good later.

Definitely buy the card!

lebo
01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Now, I have a different opinion. We did this last month when were were there. It cost us $12 something, and I had no problem with the picturs. I put them on a disc when I get home anyway. I just thought this was great, because I went out and bought another memory stick for $65, and still needed another. I won't ever use this many pictures again unless we are at Disney. Sure it took about 30 minutes to do this, but the CM told us that there are supposed to be new computers coming in, that are so much faster and there are going to be about 5 of them. So, if you don't take that many pictures, I would just download them there. Oh, I put about 85 pictures on my disc, and it wasn't full.

DizneyRox
01-05-2005, 07:38 AM
I think the limit is something like 126 pictures or something, rgardless of the size. I had a 512M card and figured I could fit the whole thing (a CD is at least 650M).

I couldn't, had to weed through over 140 pictures to uncheck 20 something, and even then I was less than happy with the results. I paid less than $40 for the card and it's a hi speed card. 512M cards can be had for less than $20 now if you look around and check the deal sites.

My issues is with the Kodak PictureCD machines. THe cruiselines had regular machines that do a straight card to disk copy and are much better/faster. Hopefully WDW will ge tthese new machines.

qv09vvp67
04-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm bumping this one up to see if there is any newer information/feedback on getting digitals downloaded to CD's at the parks or resorts. I have one 512mb card & plan on buying another...It still won't be enough...trust me...not when I'm going during a Star Wars weekend AND Epcot Flower Festival... so, who has taken advantange of this service, where, how many pictures did you download & how long did it take? <I also thought I read somewhere you could do this at the Contemporary , but I can't find that post anywhere> oh well... Any info/input on this would be helpful...pro or con. thanks

Blfarm
04-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I can't comment on getting pictures downloaded to CD at the parks/resports, but wanted to bring up an option other than getting additional memory cards. You can get a portable hard drive that you can carry with you and then you just have to put your memory card into and copy the pictures - that way if you fill up your card while in a park you don't have to go hunting for a place to transfer them, you can do it wherever you are. There are several different brands out there, but the one made by Wolverine is the cheapest (40 GB for about $200). This is what I am purchasing rather than hassle with bringing a laptop or having to find somewhere to download them, and cheaper than buying lots of memory cards.

stephie
04-05-2005, 03:46 PM
ipod photo!

but a more realistic option is just bringing a lap-top or buying extra card space. I don't know... sometimes digital cameras are more trouble than they are worth.