PDA

View Full Version : Parasailing

Nicola Ross
02-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have done the parasailing experience at WDW or on the cruise line ? Was it good, worth the money ? Also I notice there is a minimum weight limit, is there a maximum weight limit?

Thanks for your help

Nicola

Edzter86
02-19-2003, 09:25 AM
You can find the basic information on Parasailing in Info Central. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/recreation/parasailing.asp)

In a Trip Report by KronksGal, she reported:

Parasailing was awesome!!!! I think I would have been too scared to do it by myself but it was a lot of fun with 2 of us. We were so high, it was kinda like a roller coaster but with nothing around you. You sit on this very wide strap and there is one around your back so you can let go and just sit there floating in the air! It took me a while to let go and hold my arms out like a plane!! I felt like a little kid but it was great! I think the best part was that you go barefoot. It's just unexplainable, you feel so carefree and flying!!!!! The fun part is when they let you drift down and then the wind grabs hold of the sail and you fly back up! It was great!! I'm really glad I did it because I'm not supper adventurous, like I could never go skydiving. I really loved this!! The pictures turned out kinda funny, just 2 pairs of legs and arms! Hopefully someone with first hand expierience will be along with more information. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

loveswdw
02-19-2003, 01:23 PM
I don't have first hand information, but I watched our then 17 year old son go parasailing from the Contemporary. He really liked it. He was pretty high up, and I think the trip lasted about 15 minutes or so.

Nicola Ross
02-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys! Which place is better for parasailing, the contempory or ot castaway cay?
Also does anyone know if there is an upper weight limit ?

Thanks

Nicola

Edzter86
02-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Also does anyone know if there is an upper weight limit ?
The minimum weight requirement is 110 lbs. The maximum weight allowed is 325 lbs.

graemlins/mickey.gif

disneygoofball
02-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Well, I'm the other half of KronksGal's report. The two of us were the ones parasailing, and I have to tell you that it was amazing. We went parasailing at the contemporary, and they were great. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I'm the more fearless of the two of us, so it took KronksGal awhile to relax up in the air, but I thought it was awesome from the get go!

My advice: go for it! graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/clappy.gif