PDA

View Full Version : Cost of taxi from AllStars to MCO?

miasmom
03-19-2003, 10:44 PM
How much is the basic taxi fare? Also, is it different than the MCO to Allstars fare?

I'm debating cabs versus IBEX/Happy...

thanks....

princess jasmine's sis
03-19-2003, 10:51 PM
I don't know if it is still available, but my parents have taken a Mears Shuttle from MCO to the All Star Resort. (I can't remember which one though.) It was $10 for a round trip ride per person. Depending on how many people traveling with you, that might be a more economical choice. smile.gif

Freetime
03-19-2003, 11:57 PM
Mears shuttles are now up to $27 per Adult. If you have more than 2 adults, you might want to consider the Happy Limo. The sedan will seat 4-5 if some are children and you only pay for the car and not by person. It could work out cheaper.

As far as Taxi, I have read $50-75... I'm not certain on that being current info though as I didn't look into that possibility.

Tony

Edzter86
03-20-2003, 06:28 AM
The cost of taxis to Disney World is around $40-$50 one way, plus any gratuity you might want to add. That fare also depends on traffic. If you get stuck in traffic, the fare will increase.

With Happy Limo and Ibex, you are charged one simple fare, and there is no time restriction or anything. Happy Limo includes gratuity, but you can tip a few dollars more if you incline to do so.

Towncars are best for groups of 3-4 people. Mears can get very expensive for a group of 3-4. Plus, with Mears, you have to make stops at several of the resorts. With the towncars, you can get straight to your resort.

Hope this helps. smile.gif

princess jasmine's sis
03-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Whoa!! :eek: I can't believe that Mears has gone up that much. Sorry for the dated info. graemlins/blush.gif

Piglet822
03-21-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by princess jasmine's sis:
I don't know if it is still available, but my parents have taken a Mears Shuttle from MCO to the All Star Resort. (I can't remember which one though.) It was $10 for a round trip ride per person. Depending on how many people traveling with you, that might be a more economical choice. smile.gif I think you've got the attraction shuttle confused with the airport shuttle. The airport shuttle was never $10.
Aside from that, it really depends on how many people traveling. The shuttle charges per person, taxis and towncars charge per trip.

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Taxis also aren't known for being kept in the best of shape - they're sometimes dirty and sometimes don't run all that well. Town cars will be clean and well-serviced, and won't cost any more than a taxi (possibly less). graemlins/thumbsup.gif

the mudgie
03-22-2003, 12:59 PM
We have used Tiffany Town Car on our last few trips. They tend to be cheaper than some of the others, 85 $ for a round trip, and includes a 1/2 hour grocery stop.( we use that to pick up stuff for the baby ) Plus, you can print a 5 dollar Off coupon from their website. I know they aren't one of the sponsers for this site (SORRY) but they are the cheapest that I have found. The drivers are very friendly and professional, we always enjoy the ride!! smile.gif

Edzter86
03-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by the mudgie:
They tend to be cheaper than some of the others Actually, if you check out Happy Limo's Rate Page (http://www.*********.com/orlando_limousine_rates.html) you can see a round-trip fare to any Disney Resort besides the Magic Kingdom Resorts is $80 plus gratuity.

And, with the Intercot Coupon (http://www.intercot.com/advertising/*********.asp) the total drops to $75 plus gratuity.

They will also include a 15 minute grocery stop, but it must be requested when you book. smile.gif

[ March 22, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Edzter86 ]

Freetime
03-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Eddy has it all Correct... I have recently signed up for Happy Limo. They sent me information saying it would be $49 for the car Including Gratutiy from the Airport. You get some off for the return trip. Essentially total round trip cost with Intercot discount and gratuity will be about $95. Not bad when you consider you can fit 4 adults in there! Mears shuttle bus would be over $100 for that many and make all those stops.

Tony

the mudgie
03-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Thanx for correcting me...It was cheapest when we booked, I should have checked again before telling every one the wrong info. Will the intercot gods ever forgive me??? :(