PDA

View Full Version : Need your ideas for adult birthday activity

hope2survive
03-14-2003, 09:00 AM
I need your help, Intercotees!

On my upcoming trip with friends, one of our group will be celebrating her 40th birthday. She's a seasoned WDW veteran and her fiance wants to plan a special group activity for her birthday and is kind of at a loss.

I need some ideas to share with him on a unique group birthday activity. We don't want to just do the usual PS at a park - something more special than that. They've done the Illuminations Cruise before, but I'm not ruling that out entirely (if we could get a reservation at this late date) but do you have any ideas for something different?

faline
03-14-2003, 09:13 AM
I know the Illuminations and Magic Kingdom cruises will decorate the boat for a special occasion, like a birthday (for an extra cost of course) so you might want to consider that though I know you've already done the Illuminations cruise.

I also wouldn't rule out a character meal. We're all kids at heart when it comes to Disney World! Or how about the Hoop de Doo or new Luau?

If you want a really special night out, how about Victoria and Albert's?

brownie
03-14-2003, 10:19 AM
I think that one of the miniature golf places has birthday parties for kids. Maybe you could arrange an adult party.

imported_PolyGirl40
03-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Another vote for the Hoop-Dee-Doo, followed by an evening at Pleasure Island.

mickeysaver
03-15-2003, 09:26 AM
If you are not too concerned with the price, you might want to set up a special Pixie Dust event using Gifts of a Lifetime. I have nothing, but good about the work these folks do. Mickey

[ March 15, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Beast_fanatic ]

Missouri Bell
03-15-2003, 09:37 AM
How about the Chef's table at Victoria & Alberts?

Black Jack Shallack form Frontenac
03-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by faline:
...Or how about the Hoop de Doo...Wasn't the Hoop de Doo discontinued?

Beast_fanatic
03-17-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Black Jack Shallack form Frontenac:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by faline:
...Or how about the Hoop de Doo...Wasn't the Hoop de Doo discontinued? </font>[/QUOTE]No, I don't think so.

Maybe you're thinking of the Diamond Horseshow Revue, as it was discontinued.

Black Jack Shallack form Frontenac
03-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Beast_fanatic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Black Jack Shallack form Frontenac:
Wasn't the Hoop de Doo discontinued? No, I don't think so.

Maybe you're thinking of the Diamond Horseshow Revue, as it was discontinued. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, you're right, I was.
In my mind, they were, (and still are unfortunatly), the same show.

Bouncy
03-25-2003, 11:16 AM
I don't think there's anything more special than doing the Fireworks cruise in front of MK. It will probably be pricey, but they can arrange anything you want on the boat. Picture this...

Your group arrives at the marina of any of the MK resorts. You board, and your captain takes you on a lovely cruise around the lake while you enjoy food/drinks onboard. You pull up in front of the Magic Kingdom just in time to hear the music start and to see Tinkerbell make her flight. The fireworks begin. Your boat is the only one on the lake. Once the fireworks are over your captain takes you around for a little while longer and you "stumble" upon the Electrical Water Pagent.

Afterwards there are many hotel lounges at the deluxe resorts around the Magic Kingdom, or you can head back to the room for pleasant dreams, or keep the fun going at Jelly Rolls/Atlantic Dance or at PI...

I just turned 41, but if I had had an option, this would have been the way *I* would have chosen to celebrate MY 40th! graemlins/clappy.gif