PDA

View Full Version : Mail A Box

jsfein
02-24-2003, 10:56 AM
We planned on having our car service make a 15 minute stop at a grocery store on the way to our resort, until a friend told us that she recently mailed a box of "kid essentials" (diapers, snacks, small toys, etc.) to her WDW resort the week before her arrival and it was delivered to her room after check-in.

Anyone ever try this?

faline
02-24-2003, 11:23 AM
I have heard that folks have done this but don't have any first hand knowledge of this. Hopefully, someone who has done this will be along soon to share their experiences.

SteveL
02-24-2003, 12:33 PM
I have done this numerous times, especially when my daughter moved down for College Program. It has gone well every time, but Coronado Springs did charge for receiving and holding the boxes. I think that was because it is a convention facility and I'm sure most exhibitors ship freight there. I had to pickup at the Coronado Springs convention office whereas I usually pickup the boxes at the resort's front desk. I have not been charged at any other resorts.
Go to UPS.com and calculate the transit time for your box and schedule shipment accordingly. It works like a charm.

JenniBarra
02-25-2003, 09:00 PM
I can testify - ouch! - to CSR's charge! We used Netgrocer to have some snack and breakfast items on hand since we flew in and didn't have a rental car. It's bad enough that we paid FedEx something like $5 shipping, but then we got dinged an almost $9 "holding charge"! That was really disappointing, especially when, prior to placing the order, I called CSR directly asked if I could have a package mailed to myself there and the agent gave me all the specifics in what I needed to do...but didn't mention any charges.

nat
03-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Has anyone else shipped grocerys ahead of time?? I am thinking of doing this? Anymore ideas? It seems like it would save time and $$$! Treats for the kids, breakfast items, ect. Thanks!

FatherForce
03-07-2003, 02:34 PM
We had a huge box of groceries, baby supplies, ans other sundries shipped to the AKL. We just put our names on it, care of the lodge, and it was waiting for us when we arrived.
No hassles, and it was a real money saver and space saver (since we drove).

ShyMinnieMouse
03-28-2003, 10:29 AM
I really like this idea, and I will ask this question over in Camping, but does anyone know whether you can do this at FtW?