PDA

View Full Version : Can you visit the resorts if you are not staying there?

Impostor
04-25-2003, 11:59 PM
I am staying at the Hilton for the 3 days and the Doubletree Guest Suites for 3 days. I work for Hilton so this is the best way to go.

Both are considered "onsite", but they aren't disney... so can I go over to say the Boardwalk and eat dinner?

Thanks in advance.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Sure you can! smile.gif You can travel to any of the resorts and check them out. We stay at the bw and its a fun place to go. Have fun!!

gonk12
04-26-2003, 12:26 AM
Some of the best resturants are at the resorts! What we try to do is to stay at one resort and if we're not eating in Epcot graemlins/tasty.gif then we eat at a different resort each night.

Edzter86
04-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Sure you can! smile.gif

We like to head over to the Polynesian and watch the Electrical Water Pagaent from the beach. This year we also combined that with a dinner at 'Ohanas.

The only thing you can't do is swim at another resort's pool, with the exception of the 3 sister All Star Resorts. That's reserved for that particular resort's guests.

smile.gif

Jared
04-26-2003, 09:02 AM
You'd be able to visit the resorts even if the resort you were staying at wasn't considered onsite. The restaurants are open to anyone. smile.gif

Disney-4-Me
04-26-2003, 09:36 AM
I think you are ENCOURAGED to visit the resorts for food and shows with the hopes that you will like it so much you will consider staying there next time. I think a lot of people get hooked that way.
:D

If you are looking for a great character dinner, try out Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. The buffet is wonderful and the characters spend time visiting you at your table and gladly pose for pictures. It's just a short monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom.

Beast_fanatic
04-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Just one little tidbit of information so you aren't surprised by this, when visiting WDW resorts if you drive, you'll be given a 3 hour parking pass. This is to ensure that people actually staying at the resort are able to find parking.

Have fun! :D

maelstrom
04-27-2003, 06:45 PM
I visit all the resorts when I go. Just monorail, bus, or boat over. Then you don't have to worry about parking and such.

Joeybun
04-28-2003, 02:49 PM
One of my favorite things to do when in WDW is to visit the other resorts and see where I will be staying next time! It really gives you a feel for them and then you can make an informed decision. You absolutely should not miss the Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club properties (The Epcot Resorts), they are amazing! Hey, they are all amazing if you ask me!