PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Cool

Tiffany
05-18-2003, 09:00 PM
We all know how hot it can get in Florida in the summer. So , does anyone have any tips on how I can keep cool on my next WDW trip? (July) graemlins/mickey.gif

Always Goofy
05-18-2003, 09:10 PM
SWIM!!! (Couldn't resist that one) graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Sinewiz
05-18-2003, 10:17 PM
When I go to Disney in the summer which is infrequently I'm never without my neck strap and water bottle. Anyone who goes during the summer knows what I'm talking about. :cool:

Beast_fanatic
05-18-2003, 10:55 PM
Stay hydrated! Drink water, and lots of it!

Get one of the water bottles with a built in fan before your trip, they are much more expensive in the parks. If you don't want to lug that around, you can get a very small personal fan at Wal-Mart in the camping area that will help without being too bulky.

Plan your days where you alternate outside type attractions with air conditioned attractions. Take a break at your resort during the heat of the day if you are staying on-site. A quick swim and/or nap can really revive you for the evening activities!

Utilize Fast Pass. Stay in the shade as much as possible, and/or wear a wide-brimmed hat to provide some relief from the suns rays. Don't forget to use sunscreen on all exposed areas. Heat on top of a sunburn is very miserable indeed!

Darbylew
05-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Yes, it is hot in Florida in the summer. We are
going to WDW the last week in May and it looks
like it is going to be hot then as well. We will
take and drink a lot of water. Have fun on your
trip. :D

CaptSmee
05-19-2003, 12:54 AM
I'm with everyone else on this one! Drink water, make time for swimming to cool off, and maybe buy one of them misting fans, they aren't too bad. Also, a lot of the building's are air conditioned too, so just take your time going through them.

MouseHead
05-19-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Tiffany:
We all know how hot it can get in Florida in the summer. So , does anyone have any tips on how I can keep cool on my next WDW trip? (July) graemlins/mickey.gif Spend a lot of time at Ice Station Cool
:cool: ......When they were still *functioning* we spent quite a few cool down breaks at the AP lounges :D esp.the lounge at the Land....A 30 min. rest in an A/C shop or restaurant will do the same graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Edzter86
05-19-2003, 06:27 AM
For about $20 (this is a major rip-off) you can purchase a fan/water sprayer, with the Walt Disney World logo on it. It worked great; my brother filled it up at every water fountain we came across. It's a nice souvenir as well, if you're willing to spend the money.

Other than that, staying hydrated is key. Proper sunscreen and a hat/sunglasses and wearing lighter colored clothing will also help.

We took frequent brakes on our July trip. Spend the time and cool down for 5 or 10 minutes. Your body needs it. ;)

faline
05-19-2003, 06:30 AM
We usually tried to eat a sit-down meal in a nice air conditioned restaurant - somewhere between 1 and 2 when the heat is really starting to get bothersome. Following that, we would return to our resort for some down time and time at the pool. As the afternoon was wearing on and the temperatures were dropping (relatively speaking), we'd return to the parks.

As others have noted, drinking lots of water is really important as well!

illini
05-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Edzter86:
For about $20 (this is a major rip-off) you can purchase a fan/water sprayer, with the Walt Disney World logo on it.
YIKES! You can get them ahead of time at WalMart for about $6 or so.

TiggerTails
05-19-2003, 09:28 AM
If the spray bottle is tooo expensive, try my FREE alternative!

Use a fresh wash-cloth (hotel kind!) each day.
I like to put one in a zip-lock bag, put some ice in the bag.
By the time you start to get hot the ice has melted...........wipe over exposed skin, and leave on back of neck for extra C@@LING!

Ask for ice extra at drink stations! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I like this better than having to carry a heavy and bulky spray bottle, the bag also fits into a pocket or backpack easily. smile.gif