PDA

View Full Version : Dining Rotation

disneysarah
06-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Do you allways eat in the same restaurant on the 1st and 4th nights? Or can the repeat be somewhere in between?

Ghost1000
06-23-2003, 05:12 AM
You always repeat one of the restaurants on a four night cruise unless you opt for Palo or you are able to make alternate arrangements with dining. Sometimes they are able to grant certain dining exceptions especially during second seating.

It never hurts to ask.

Enjoy! graemlins/mickey.gif

disneysarah
06-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Is it preset what night will be the repeat. Like if you start with Animators on the first night you will repeat Animators on the 4th night. Or could it be random?
What I am trying to figure out is what night to eat at Palos. We want to go on the repeat night. Do we need to get our rotation first, or can we go streight to Palos and get in the night 4 line.
I am rambling here, does this make any sense?

Ghost1000
06-25-2003, 01:15 AM
You will need to wait until the day you board. There will be tickets in your room outlining your dining rotation. You may also inquire at check-in, however, they may not have that information available to them. Once you see what your rotation is, you can then plan which evening you wish you dine at Palo.

Generally you start in one dining room and work your way through all three and repeat the first one on your fourth night. The key to this is knowing where you start -- which will not be determined until you board.

In the past, I have chosen the repeat night as our Palo night however, this is also the plan of many other guests and may pose a threat to your plans.

Keep in mind that once you know your schedule, you will want to make a beeline directly to Palo (during the hours they are open in port) as reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis and will fill quickly. As with any restaurant, the earliest and/or latest seating times are often the easiest to get.

I know that I will differ from popular opinion on this but, skip Animator's Palette unless you have kids and are really into the atmosphere this restaurant offers. I tend to liken Animator's Palette to Fantasmic -- full of Disney fluff but very little substance. I've never been very impressed by the menu.

However, a dining experience at Palo is unlike any other and you will have little regret for skipping one of your other locations. With a little luck, Animator's Palette will be your repeating restaurant. graemlins/mickey.gif

Hope this answers your question(s).

Bmwdsny
06-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Keep in mind though just because you repeated a restaurant doesn't mean it's the same menu!!! Each night has a differint theme..If you go on the 7 night, there is a tropical night which consist of tropical food, Captain's night which has Lobster tails, There is also an International food menu on a another night...So while you might start out at Aminiator's Palette the first night with their regular menu, the 2nd time you go back there might be "Captian's night" and Captain's night goes on all 3 restarants on the same night which is also cosidered a formal night... So what you would like to find out before you make Ressie at Palo's, find out the "theme" for the dinner each night...I wouldn't want ot miss Captain Night to go to Palo's. I usually go to Palo's on a regular menu night at Parrot Cay since that is where i go for lunch on Embarkation Day and it is the same food. When you checked in to the staterooms, go immediatley look at your Meal tickets and you will see what dinner and what restaruant is lined up for you and then make your decision and make ressie at Palo's. ;)

Kaxtell
06-26-2003, 06:24 PM
I agree with the above mostly -- however, do not miss your "menu" night at Animator's Pallet. As I was told, magical things happen in the dining room. They were so right -- it was amazing.

When you go to Palo's you must order the chocolate soufflet -- make it two [they're small].

As a whole, the food on the ship is wonderful. I can't think of anything that wasn't top notch. As a matter of fact, my son-in-law ate one of everything! No Kidding!