PDA

View Full Version : Excursions for kids

Disney-4ever
01-08-2003, 11:21 AM
What excursions, if any, would be suitable and fun for kids - ages 12, 10, and 7? graemlins/mickey.gif

VickiP
01-08-2003, 04:19 PM
What ports are you going to?

Mickeylover
01-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Looks from your departure date like you're on the 3 day Wonder Cruise. So your ports are Nassau and Castaway Cay.

I've heard mixed reviews on Atlantis..visiting The Dig and Aquarium--friends of mine enjoyed it but warned there was a lot of walking. We recently did the Catamaran Snorkeling excursion and found the fish to be beautiful...and the water to be more clear than at Castaway Cay. Its a pretty good snorkeling experience.

This is all in 12 feet or so of water, so the kids should be comfortable swimming if they want to try it. I have a 7 year old.

Otherwise, I can't really say much about Nassau...since you'll be spending the next day at Castaway Cay--I wouldn't necessarily go lie on the beach at Nassau the day before although I've heard great reviews of Blue Lagoon.

If this is your first cruise, you may well want to get off in Nassau to look around and then spend time exploring and enjoying that gorgeous ship!

Katzateer
01-08-2003, 10:31 PM
We didn't go on any excursions in Nassau. At Castaway our youngest went snorkeling with us, swam a little, then before lunch she was ready to go to the Kids Club and stayed all afternoon (all the activities were on Castaway-not on the ship).

They don't take the kids swimming or in the water, but they do all kinds of fun stuff with them.

Jennib
01-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi
Here are some excursions for your children to go on:

Castaway Cay:
Banana Boat Ride (17-20 minutes)

It's fun, it's exciting, it's the Banana Ride at Castaway Cay. The Banana boat is an inflatable water sled, pulled by a jet Ski holding 10 people on it. It is a ride that the whole family can enjoy together. We will take you through the Cay inlet as we glide over the Caribbean waves. You may even see dolphins play or a flying fish skim over the water. With the wind in your hair, the water around you and the sun on your face, it is an experience that you will long remember.
Prices:
Adult $14.00
Child $14.00 (ages 8 and above and must be able to swim)

Or
Snorkel Lagoon

Discover species and creatures of the ocean in our environmentally friendly snorkel lagoon. Pick up your gear at "Gils Fins and Boats" and make your way to the educational area where you can learn more about our 12-acre snorkel lagoon. In the water, you can follow the Discover Trail (for beginners) or the Explorer Trail for the more advanced swimmers. Your all day equipment rental allow you to enter and exit the waters as many times as you like. A great first snorkeling experience! Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
Prices:
Adult $25.00
Child $10.00 (ages 5-9)

Nassua Excursions:
Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter (4-7 hours)

You'll flip for this unique chance to interact with a friendly dolphin! After entering waist-deep water, a trainer will instruct the group on how to interact with these marine mammals. Then, you'll have the opportunity for a one-on-one encounter with a dolphin. Bring a camera to record this unforgettable experience.
Prices:
Adult $113.50
Child $88.50

or
Blue Lagoon Beach Day (4-7 hours)

It's a fun and sun beach day with this free spirited excursion to the tropical paradise of Blue Lagoon. Cruise the turquoise waters en route to Blue Lagoon as a live calypso band plays on deck. Beach games, water sports and lunch at Sea Garden Grill are all part of this day of total relaxation! Water sport equipment rentals are available at an additional cost.
Prices:
Adult $38.00
Child $23.00

I hope this info helps!!!!!

Bmwdsny
01-09-2003, 08:58 AM
If any of your kids are girls, they may love the hair braiding. I strong suggest have it done in Castaway Cay, not in Nassau. Better Hygeine!!!
My DD loves it!!! graemlins/mickey.gif