PDA

View Full Version : Eating at Palo's?

Always Goofy
02-19-2003, 01:08 AM
Hi Everyone. We are going to be on the Cruise over the 4th of July graemlins/clappy.gif and I was wondering about Palos. My father hates dressing up, and I think you have to have at least a sport coat to eat there. Can anyone who has eaten in that restaurant tell me if it is worth it?
I just can't wait to go! :D
Thanks in advance

Bmwdsny
02-19-2003, 01:00 PM
While they do recommend jackets for men, they are not going to stop you from eating there. A very nice polo shirt will do!! It is very nice to eat there, no children. Food is different and delicious. Just make sure you make the ressie as soon as you step on the ship. graemlins/mickey.gif

Look for my e mail!!

[ February 19, 2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Bmwdsny ]

Always Goofy
02-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the info. That will make my dad happy graemlins/rotfl.gif I'll keep an eye out for your email.

gjackson53
02-21-2003, 12:39 PM
palo was definitely worth it, the atmosphere was exilirating. i made my reservations as soon as i got aboard, ggod thing i did cause time slots went fast. i went during sunset, it made it more romantic for myself and at the time my girlfriend, the sunset created the right time for the proposal, now we are going back in october for the honeymoon. yes you might have to dress up but, the food and the surroundings are well worth it. just make sure you book early

stitchfan
02-21-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm not a big fan of neckties, but I do think that putting on a jacket & tie for dinner adds to the sense of "occaision." I just think Palo's (and Triton/Luminare) are a bit more fun if you dress up. graemlins/party.gif

Stitchfan

Always Goofy
02-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks everyone. I was planning on bringing a suit anyway. Hopefully dad will figure something out graemlins/idea.gif

KarenP
02-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Just ate at Palo 2 weeks ago. I would definitely dress appropriately as this is an upscale restaurant. The food and service were excellent. I think you will enjoy it!

MikeynMishyMouse
04-04-2003, 05:25 PM
I went on the Disney Wonder 2 years ago & I dined at Palo during sunset. It was the most wonderful experience watching the sun the go down over the horizon. It was sooooo romantic.

It was interesting though because the dress code is formal, and many patrons weren't that dressed. Many men had on polo shirts with khakis. The dressed down approach was acceptable I guess. As an adult restarant, i would've prefered a formal environment as opposed to casual attire.

Otherwise, the food & service was suberb. I highly recommend it!
graemlins/thumbsup.gif